About ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter is a Web-based platform that helps streamline the overall hiring process. It enables organizations to post jobs to hundreds of job boards with one click, and users can manage all applicants through a user-friendly...

Browse ZipRecruiter Reviews

9,991 of 9,127 reviews
Courtney P.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 12/12/2021

Zip recruiter

It’s very easy to use and works great

Pros

All the features were easy to use and easy to understand how to do things on there.

Cons

There’s nothing I did not like on there and keep up the good work.

Rick R.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 10/01/2022

Hands Down Best Job Board Out There

I've been recruiting drivers for 10+ years now. I had it down to a science on when candidates were looking for jobs by the days of the week and times. I've used many other job boards before Zip Recruiter. I will never go back to those job boards and waste my money getting unqualified candidates again. Zip Recruiter is hands down the best Job Board out there and by a large margin. If you're not using Zip Recruiter for your hiring needs, you should ASAP.

Pros

Zip Recruiter gets you qualified candidates every time. Period. They post to multiple job boards for you outside of Zip Recruiter and you get what you pay for. Qualified candidates. You get assigned a Campaign Manager who works with you to get your job ad and location to where candidates are searching for them. You can create knock out questions on your ads so you don't get unqualified candidates applying which takes away valuable recruiting time. Being able to search for candidates is great too. The applicant tracking feature is also great as you can log all your activity with each applicant and make notes on your progress of hiring someone. This also helps your campaign manager see where they are at in fulfilling your hiring needs. I also like being able to rate candidates so I can hide the ones that I feel aren't a great fit or aren't qualified enough. Being able to pick and choose what kind of campaign you want to run is great too. If you want to get aggressive with your campaign, you can. If you want to scale it back for a bit, you can. You can boost ads to get more candidates and can also go with a standard campaign. The options are great.

Cons

I suppose the only con is that it is not cheap. When you run a campaign, you are given many options to the price best fits your needs. My industry is very competitive so I always campaign at a higher cost.

Ruth R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/12/2021

Worst Experience Ever

Horrible. I tried the free version, then I paid for a membership but the responses were terrible and I found applicants elsewhere within a few days. I thought I had cancelled within the allowed window, but I hadn't. I called customer service and even though I had been billed over $200 for 9 days, they would not refund even a portion of it. The agent wasn't willing to discuss it at all. I tried emailing and tweeting and got no response when I tried to escalate.

Pros

The software is fairly intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

I got really awful responses, almost like spam, with the free and the paid version.

Top ZipRecruiter Alternatives

Kate K.
  • Industry: Defense & Space
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

Way to a plethora of candidates in a short time

I spend a lot of time on the system so I know what I'm looking for and most candidates were honest in their self assessment. It was a good tool to use and I enjoyed working with the dashboards, the thumbs up and down made me feel like Caesar...lol, but help to keep me organized. I also like the "great matches" and the distance to where the candidate lived to see how far their commute would be as we are expected to work on clients premises (remote work not being an option).

Pros

ZipRecuriter lays out the candidates information beautifully, I can capture important information fast and weed out the candidates that do no qualify expeditiously. I like that it includes a resume as well as other features and does a good match section if it captures patterns in the employment algorithm. I like that it allows you to write deal breaker questions if you are looking for a particular skills set, or candidates that already come with a clearance, or other mandated qualifications.

Cons

It often matches you with people who are no longer looking, it matches you with people who think they are a software engineer (because they want to be, however they can be qualified swim instructors with little software skills. It puts resumes into your portfolio and the candidate did not know, so they are not always responsive to emails or calls thinking they did not submit a resume for this particular role...so they don't know how you got their resume. Most are delighted to get a call....however you get the candidate that is mildly annoyed a defense contractor has responded and not private industry.

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

We decided as a company to give Zip a trial, and then continued to use it, I appreciate that my portfolio with previous candidates is still listed so I can go back and examine past resumes even though I'm no longer being changed.
Daniel D.

Reviewed on 08/12/2021

Zip Recruiter tool

The major problem this program is solving is time. It receives a lot of activity with relevant applicants, Zip recruiter sorts them and lets me see the relevant ones, which saves me time.

Pros

This software is very visible to the public. We get more applications from Zip Recruiter than any other.

Cons

I haven't found any thing about the application that I do not like. It saves me time and is easy to use. What more can I ask.

Ngozi N.

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

A review on ZipRecruiter

I started using ZipRecruiter some months back and I like the consistency of their mail and their customer support.

Pros

I like their customer support ,how they send constant mails for job opening and how easy you can just apply for this jobs.

Cons

The website is not really user friendly as you spend a lot searching and navigating around the site.

Lauren L.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/01/2022

Zipping with ZipRecruiter

Overall ZipRecruiter has been a very useful product when it comes to whe I'm searching for employment. A lot of businesses have moved on from simply coming in and filling out an application so using this product allows me more options which is why I say I've had a positive experience.

Pros

I like all the databases to search for employment. It has a lot of options I feel more so than other job searching products.

Cons

The least thing that I don't really like is all the emails I receive from ZipRecruiter at a time. Especially when the jobs they email me about don't really match what I was looking for.

Rebecca R.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/12/2021

Zip it!

Overall I do enjoy using ziprecruiter as a vehicle to search for potential job opportunities as it is an effective tool and in fact an effective tool from

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use convenient to use and is widely recognized and so used by many potential employers and is a great vehicle.

Cons

There are a few things about the functionality of the systems that could be improved upon to make it more convenient at times.

Glassdoor and Indeed

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

I use the recruiter in addition to glassdoor, indeed and several other jobs search engines, I'm not 100% loyal to Ziprecruiter however they are a good tool tool when searching for is searching for jobs.
Christina C.
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

ZipRecruiter review

I've actually used this app to get every job I've ever had

Pros

I like that I can filter thorough the jobs I'm more interested in

Cons

There's nothing I really dislike about this app

Iftikhar A.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 04/01/2022

Expert opinion

its over all a good platform

Pros

its is very easy to use get people details

Cons

there should be some secure way to get the info

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

A Candidate's Perspective

I am so happy I found ZipRecruiter software program to make my job hunting experience less cumbersome. ZipRecruiter targets the right positions that fit my academic and professional background. Then, I have the opportunity to apply to matching roles with a simple stroke of a button. I highly recommend ZipRecruiter software program.

Pros

ZipRecruiter is an awesome software program from a candidate's personal job hunting experience. ZipRecruiter has simplified my job hunting experience. When I login to ZipRecruiter, the software is user friendly with clear directions. The ZipRecruiter software minimizes the prospective job details into a thumbnail box which includes the hiring company or recruiting firm's name, job title and a brief job description. I can tap the thumbnail to receive more detailed information. When I am interested in a role, I simply tap the "1-Tap Reply" button and boom, ZipRecruiter software directly apply to the position. ZipRecruiter software program stores my resume, professional experience and skillset in the software and my information is emailed directly to the hiring party.

The most impressive lifesavers for me are the positions are current and only interested, actively searching companies are provided. Therefore, my time is freed up to focus on getting the right job opportunity.

Cons

ZipRecruiter can be improved by auto-filling applications directly into the hiring company's website when the company requires an online application. Lots of time would be saved if I could simply edit and sign the applications. Also, when applying to multiple leads at once, it is not clear which companies are receiving my resume. Lastly, it is great to receive motivating messages when the prospective company views my profile, however, once is enough. It's a letdown when I receive multiple encouraging notifications each time my resume is viewed, then no response from the hiring company afterwards.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We wish you the best of luck with your job search! -TC

Replied 16/11/2021
Samantha F.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

Easy to Use, Works Well

ZipRecruiter is a recruitment platform that works. I do get a decent number of applicants and have hired a good amount through them. Posting is easy, applicant rating is easy, and staying organized within the platform is easy.

Pros

I use ZipRecruiter as one of two main platforms for recruiting. The website itself is pleasant to look at, which is important when you spend hours a week looking at it. The process of posting jobs is intuitive and easy. I like the already created screener questions and the ability to create my own. Another great feature is the "Compare Your Compensation" pop-up that shows where your salary range falls on the bell curve when compared to similar positions. I also like the ability to have candidate alerts sent to any or all of the hiring managers; this helps keep us all in the loop. The "Quickrate" feature for quickly reviewing applicants is GREAT and saves lots of time. The messaging system is adequate, no issues there.

Cons

The one major negative with ZipRecruiter is that there is no way to pause listings; you have to close the job completely. It's a pain to have to close the job entirely while I'm evaluating applicants. While the "Duplicate Job" process is easy, a "Pause" feature would be so useful. Another feature that is lacking is the benefits section. Indeed has an extremely robust pre-created benefits list and it's easy to go down the line and check off which ones we offer. ZipRecruiter has only a handful and no way to explain any others, other than in the job descriptions itself. I also dislike that ZipRecruiter sends job postings to it's boards and THEN has you edit screener questions. It would make more sense to do it all prior to the listing being active. I've had no luck at all with the resume database and don't see it as any benefit at all.

Suzie P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

ZipRecruiter Review

Overall, my company and I have been using ZipRecruiter on a consistent basis. We find it to be extremely reliable, and also, we always use it for a learning tool, so even if we're not hiring at the time, we still search through candidates, and see what's happening on ZipRecruiter to keep up with market trends. I find ZipRecruiter to be a staple, and I plan to be using it for a long time to come.

Pros

I really like the resume management tool on ZipRecruiter, and how it seems like they might be integrating this into their databases search engines and SEO. I have both used Zip Recruiter to find jobs, and we use it a lot to hire independent contractors. Almost always, I end up hiring an independent contractor that has used the Zip Recruiter Resume tool.

Cons

The only thing that does bother me, that I can think of, is when looking for independent contract/freelance jobs, I expect that I will be receiving email alerts for the specified jobs I requested. I have trouble with the emails I'm being sent most of the time. They usually tend to be super generalized jobs, and a good %50 of the time none of the jobs offered in the emails sent to me have anything to do with what I've requested or searched for to be emailed to me. So this could be corrected.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter was more reliable with the candidates that were being sent to me. We hire a lot of independent freelance contractors on a per-project basis, and we needed to have a better database like ZipRecruiter to weed through what we didn't want before we were given the proper candidates. I like how we are able to have a more, sit back and it will be sent to us approach I'm able to have with ZipRecruiter, because it frees up my time to get a lot of other things done.

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

I found ZipRecruiters' pricing to make more sense and be much more reasonable for the 'premium' services we were looking for. Linkedin was charging way too much just for a job posting and wasn't consistent like ZipRecruiter is.
Mary S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

Highly Recommend ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter makes in-house recruiting nice and easy. You know what you are looking for in candidates, so this helps you do it yourself. The investment is less than the cost of paying a third party recruiter or agency.

Pros

The steps for posting ads are straightforward. Rating resumes makes it very easy to save and categorize for future reference.

Cons

When you go "Back" to previous page, you lose your place while reviewing resumes.

Cost and upgraded technology

Monster TMS

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

LinkedIn has a smaller candidate pool.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of ZipRecruiter, Mary! Our team is always here and happy to help, 24/7, should you ever require any assistance with your employer account. :) --TC

Replied 06/07/2020
Ayden I.

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

Excellent Program

My overall experience with Ziprecruiter is positive and I would recommend it to others!

Pros

I enjoy ZipRecruiter because it allows an easy application process once you are an account holder. The 1-click apply is very easy to use and only in certain cases are there additional follow up questions. This platform is super efficient time wise and allows me an absurd amount of different job opportunities. I recommend this program in comparison to others like Indeed and UpWork considering the price of using this program is so far in my experience nothing. The profile is easy to set up, and in cases where I have applied to a job I have received an email or phone call from the company within hours.

Cons

Though there are few I would love to see more versatility in the "Job suggestions" area of the program. When you apply for a job or search a certain careers the suggestions seem to be very consistent and don't tend to range. For example when I searched a "Customer Service" position I found so many suggested jobs in just this specific field, so from then on I started just having to key in words to search for job opportunities. Another feature I would love to see incorporated is a feature allowing a "remote" job suggestion filter when searching for positions. Considering most are searching for remote positions now amid a pandemic I think this feature would be useful. Another feature I would like to see tweaked, though this could be in the settings and just merely user error, is the option to avoid those repetitive emails when you apply for a job. My inbox is basically spammed with a nonsense email telling me I have applied to a job which when I apply for multiple positions it sort of clouds my inbox.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience, Ayden. We appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled to hear of your success using our platform! ~DW

Replied 02/07/2020
Nicholas J.

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Fantastic Platform for Finding Relevant Jobs

Time is money and wasted opportunities are mitigated with how easy it is to set up a profile and apply for jobs!

Pros

ZipRecruiter is a fantastic solution to wasting time filling out form after form, upload after upload of resumes. They make it simple with their 1-Click Apply feature. That's all it really takes, and you're done! Their emails are relevant and detailed to better educate me on open positions and required qualifications.

Cons

It's actually my preferred job board for ease-of-use alone. I wish all other platforms were more like ZipRecruiter. If I had any complaint it would be to please make other platforms just as great.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

I used it once, and never looked back. I was skeptical of my first email and their 1-Click Apply button, but I tried it, and guess what? I applied for the job with one click. Imagine that?

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

The other products are fine. Glassdoor is a very close second choice for ease of use, but not all job postings keep you in Glassdoor. They give the option to link out to the company's site. Which I deplore. ZipRecruiter keeps you in the platform, and negates the need to re-enter so much information!

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words, Nicholas! We appreciate you allowing ZipRecruiter to be a part of your job search journey. Keep on 1-click applying! --TC

Replied 29/06/2020
Nicole P.

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

Zipping Your Way Into a New Job with Zip Recruiter

Zip Recruiter|was so easy to use and provided me with so many options for employment, it did not take long for me to be able to find temporary contract work to hold me over during the Covid-19 crisis until my place of business was ready to reopen. It is so very easy to use and upload your resume, check off your preferences, select your salary preferences, your pay hourly preferences, and if you wanted to work remotely or at a physical location. It also allows you to set physical boundaries of how far you are willing to commute from your home, if you're looking for part-time or full-time or contract work. And the ZipRecruiter platform takes care of all the rest. I highly recommend this software for anyone who is hunting forehead job and does not want check the job boards daily, they also will let you know how many people searching for that position and how many spots are available. Definitely job hunting has become world's easier with this awesome platform. And although I have found new employment, albeit temporary, I will continue to use ZipRecruiter on a daily basis going forward until the next best thing comes along.

Pros

In the very unfortunate and trying times if the Covid-19 pandemic, many of us found ourselves either out of work or with extremely reduced hours or pay. Which unfortunately meant the dreaded thing no one wants to do, looking for a new job, a second job, a third job or a temporary job to fill the time until our old positions were back up and running. Not only did this mean job hunting, but considering the amount of people out of work, it often meant looking for jobs that were nowhere near your wheelhouse or for safety sake, were remote positions. ZipRecruiter made this as easy as one click on your computer or mobile device.

Cons

The only con I found with this software is really one that is self-imposed and can easily be turned off with the click of a mouse. And that is when Zip recruiter funds a position that based on your resume and your personal preferences. It got to the point where my phone was continually dinging or vibrating to let me know that a job was available that matched my preferences.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi, Nicole! We are so glad you found ZipRecruiter during these trying times. Please let us know if you ever need any assistance with your search. Best! --TC

Replied 17/06/2020
Brianna L.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 30/05/2020

Zip Recruiter

I have had an overall good experience, I have been using the software for 2+ years.

Pros

I like that I am able to post and search for jobs for free. Sometimes the company are looking for temporary workers, so I will go online to post job listings. I also, search myself for extra gigs.

Cons

I dislike that you have to be signed in, in order to complete an application. That is about it, nothing too major.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

I wanted to reach more clients, and also search for better gigs.

Free of charge, popularized

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Brianna! For security purposes, we do require our users to be signed in prior to applying. You may certainly search while not signed in if you choose! We wish you the best of luck with your job search. :) --TC

Replied 08/06/2020
Darshan S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

The Best Job Posting Software

This is the best software which we can use. I respect the customer service as they give you instant solutions for the problem faced at any time. Its lot worth than what is paid. Using it for a week you will be an expert in this. As i told you u’ll get a notification if a candidate applies for a job posting. We have a lot of such candidates who have got job in top 20 companies in US. If the above mentioned problem is sorted out i would like to give a rating of 10/10

Pros

it’s easy to use and also less complex it makes a user’s day easy. It has its own dashboard which make a user easy to Annalise the number of jobs posted and the total number of candidates to whom job posting to is reached. Advantage is that as soon as the candidates apply for the job posting we can get the mail instantly. This is why i call this as the best software and the cost of the software is a lot worth than what is charged. It has a customised job posting format which can be made use of because of this a lot time is saved and the way the job is posted will make a candidate go through the Job discretion easily. It has a lot of option in it like the addition of key skills, address, and the title of job, salary range, client name and the interview details. As so much of information is given about the job, candidates refer to Zip Recruiter due to which you can get a lot of candidates who are in search of job “more candidates give you more business that’s the logic". Arrangement of the options in the software is arranged in an excellent way. So it’s easy for a new user to understand the format and the process. Good customer service which i appreciate. As soon as you have any problem over software you can go through the help option were u’ll get the customer service support instantaneously which makes this software rank 1 compared to other.

Cons

Some candidates who are not relevant to the job posting will apply for the job that’s the main disadvantage. When a candidate applies of the job position we will get a notification but certain candidates profile cannot be viewed.

Carlos E.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 02/05/2020

Good Job Seeking Website

My overall experience of using ZipRecruiter is good enough for me to post job openings and to apply jobs from trust worthy employers. I understand that this software isn't all good for people because they have problems with ZipRecruiter, but for me, it's great. I get email from ZipRecruiter that I applied jobs instantly. To me, I would use this software to seek jobs all over again. If anyone wants to find a good job hunting website to seek whatever jobs the people wanted to apply, I recommend ZipRecuiter software for anyone.

Pros

I signed up to be user of ZipRecruiter to find cool jobs that's very simple to use, and also for posting job alerts for anyone who wants needs notifications of upcoming job postings from companies in the country of United States of America. After using ZipRecruiter software for a long while, I believe this a a pretty well developed software. I liked that ZipRecruiter has an optional sign up social media feature for anyone who has their Google account, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media account to be linked with ZipRecuiter. The software can send emails to users of any job postings that match user's Resume and Cover Letter. The integration with the current business I'm working really helped me recruit many people who wanted to work with me in any place. I also see that ZipRecruiter has a Safety Red Flag button to allow job seekers to identify suspicious job postings and report it to the Trust and Safety Department, so they can view the job posting right away.

Cons

When I'm using ZipRecruiter software, I noticed that there are some features are missing that could've been used for the software. This software doesn't displayed the interview schedule availabilities set up for anyone who applied to a company and meet up for job interview. I can see that ZipRecruiters are working hard to eliminate job Scams posted by unknown employer of an unknown companies, but they still need to follow customer complaints about job postings that are considered a Scam. They should guaranteed they have a Verified Employer number and have Acceptable rating via Better Business Bureau. That way customers will be able to apply to jobs in all confidence realizing respected companies and will help benefit job candidates.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi Carlos! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your voice and support are very important to us. So you know, we have forwarded your feedback to our developers. We're always working hard to continue to improve our platform, and your voice helps us do that. If you ever have questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] Our agents are available 24/7! ~DW

Replied 04/05/2020
Camillia C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

There's No Despute Zip Recruit Will Land You A Job In Less Than A Week.

Overall I've gotten jobs within a week from Ziprecruiter that pays good money. I moved from NC to Maryland and I needed to find work and they solved that issue so quick I love zip recruiter and they helped me build a resume' with little experience. You can even download the resume' put it on other websites if you need to. I definately recommend this platform. I got like 7 jobs that called me back in less than a week! And I only put in 20 mins of work applying you cant beat that at all! Despite the scams it's really good to use. Just look up the companies on the Better Business Bureau and ask for their Employee ID # if it's a company you don't recognize or know. Simple gestures on your part can clearly override that part until they fix the Employers that can use there site.

Total recommend overall.

Pros

I LOVE LOVE how easy it is to use. You can upload a resume' or create a profile on their system with ease. They have easy 1 click skills you can add to your resume' that makes you stand out. Even if you not that good with Resume's this platform will make you seem like you been doing them all your life. They have customized searching and geographic job searching you can even pick the mile radius on where your looking for work.

So if I wanted a job with 5 miles of my home I can refine the search and BOOM it will only pull up jobs within a 5 mile radius. I absolutely LOVE that feature because I take care of my grandma and grandfather so I need to stay close by to the house. They require ALOT of my time so I dont have hours and hours to fill out applications.

Zip Recruiter has taken that into account for you with 1-Click Applies.
You just refine the search to 1-Click Applies only. And I'm telling you! I applies to like 30 jobs in less than 20 mins. It's so amazing. I mean like it's almost genius honestly. They automatically send your resume' to companies effortlessly. Some job require additional questions but they are quick and easy to do.

And that's not all the companies respond to you quickly I'm talking same day sometimes. By the end of a week I'm trying t to choose which job I wanna pick which interviews to go to on. You can customize the type of jobs you want. It's like job applicator heaven. They send confirmation emails so you can keep track of where your applying.

Cons

The only drawback to this platform that I've experienced is some jobs are scams. Be weary of "Work From Home" jobs on here. Or any job that tells you to add them on What's app for an interview. I almost got scammed by one of them.

I sell insurance so working from home isnt bad for me at all. It's almost plausible. But some companies aren't legit on this platform just be weary of it. Not all of them are like this. I've gotten job offers from great well known companies on this platform as well.

They sent me a bad check but the bank caught it before I was able to place it into my account. Zip Recruiter should perform thorough in depth checks on the companies they enable to use their platform to ensure customers safety and peace of mind. They should ensure they have a Verfiable Employer # and have Acceptable an rating on BBB. That way customers can apply to jobs in confidence knowing each one is reputable and will benefit the applicant.

Other than that I cant think of any drawbacks to using the platform at all.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. If you need assistance in the future, please contact our customer care team at [email protected] We are available 24/7 and we are always happy to help! ~DW

Replied 02/05/2020
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Great tool for job posters, for job seekers, not ideal

Great as a business, so-so as a job seeker. Would recommend overall to businesses.

Pros

I loved it as a job poster - my boss had me utilize this to aid in sourcing candidates for the startup I was working for at the time. You got a ton of leads, they were very accurate, and the site itself was user friendly - you also were notified promptly and nothing went to Spam (I think there was a good value for the money versus LinkedIn Recruiter).

Cons

As a job seeker, you get a ton of irrelevant and automated postings. I know you can turn these off but they're very annoying, especially when they're totally off-base or below your requirements. It feels like you're being spammed.

Indeed and LinkedIn Jobs

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

Expenses - and issues with getting messages via Linkedin. Very pricey.

COO suggested it.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi there,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review of ZipRecruiter!

We do aim to provide the most relevant job suggestions possible. These are curated based on profile activity as well as keyword selections. Our dedicated customer care team would be happy to help you modify these at any time! Please feel welcome to reach out to us directly.

Best of luck!

TC
Customer Experience

Replied 21/02/2020
Scott S.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

ZipRecruiter for finding talent versus finding work

Good as an employer, but not as a candidate. If looking for talent I recommend using them.

Pros

It`s a very good tool for uncovering candidates. Like all others, you take the good with the bad, but when I have used the tool in the past, I have been successful in making hires, some of whom were top-performers.

Cons

For the job seeker, the tool is not intuitive. When I have used it in my personal job searches, I received a lot of irrelevant leads, many of which were too junior or not at all related to my background. I even had a couple of sketchy opportunities come my way, but did not see an easy way to communicate with ZipRecruiter.

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

The free trial was compelling and we received good results.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hello Scott,

Thank you for sharing your review from both perspectives of a job seeker and employer. We value your feedback and offer 24/7 support for employers and job seekers too. We are glad to hear that you have made some great hires for some top performers on ZipRecruiter and we do our best to bring great talent to your job ads. We understand your concern with relevant positions on the job seeker platform and we have an alerts page with job title matching in which you can enter skill words to target the type of job you are seeking and this will send you alerts relevant to your search. Thanks for pointing that out and job seekers are able to email us directly at [email protected] for account support. Thanks for recommending our employer platform for those who are looking to post jobs and get great candidates. If you have any other concerns please reach out to us at 877-252-1062 and we will gladly assist you.

Leticia, Tier III Support
Customer Success Team

Replied 21/12/2019
Ian P.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Need good people for your company? ZipRecruiter is the BEST of the BEST

My overall experience with ZipRecruiter has been nothing short of outstanding. Our company has acquired 4 new software developers and 2 new sales members have been added to my team, all through ZipRecruiter! All 6 of these new employees have been crucial to the growth of our business. For that reason alone, ZipRecruiter has more than paid for itself and made our company a tremendous amount of revenue through new service and product offerings, as well as additional, qualified people to sell these new products. If you want to build a high quality team or expand your business, there is absolutely NO better tool than ZipRecruiter.

Pros

What I liked the most about ZipRecruiter was the ease of use and automation....and the results! We implemented ZipRecruiter at my company, and the process was extremely easy! Setting up our Employer account was absolutely no hassle, and their customer support was extremely quick to respond, professional, and helpful when we had some questions about our account. Additionally, it automatically scanned resumes to bring us the most qualified people for our new software development branch of business. We ended up hiring FOUR new software developers that have made it possible for our company to expand into the SaaS industry. It's been an awesome team building tool for us.

Cons

What I liked least about the software (which isn't a big deal) was their Employer Resource center didn't always work. Sometimes, we didn't want to go through the process of contacting customer service, so we wanted to access the employer resource center in their Support portal to find answers to questions for ourselves. Unfortunately, this page wouldn't load 30% of the time, so this meant delays in getting answers and requiring us to get on the phone to support. This was slightly frustrating a few times, but the performance of the software itself was outstanding and outweighed this minor nuisance.

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

We chose ZipRecruiter because it had a more intuitive resume search feature, as well as higher reviews. I also spoke to a salesperson that was outstanding at what they did. They sold me on this tool, and the results honestly exceeded my expectations. It has been great, and we plan on continuing use of our ZipRecruiter account.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Morning Ian,

What an awesome review thank you so much! We are always happy to hear when ZipRecruiter works out so well for someone, couldn't ask for anything better.

Tier ll Support

Replied 08/11/2019
Ardittee N.

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

My life would be TERRIBLE without Ziprecruiter

I personally adore this job board. Like I mentioned, it has bought diversity of applicants through our office doors and made our business a lot more like a family environment given the fact that we have different levels of experience that we are hiring. I think it is great and makes my job extremely easy.

Pros

Ziprecruiter is my go to Job Board as a Hiring Manager. Ziprecruiter not only has great affordable plans but they truly cast the widest net when it comes to applicants. Coming from a place where I was only budgeted for Indeed, Ziprecruiter has opened up doors by advertising to every board from Monster to Linkedin. It has truly been a game changer and we have seen numerous people come through our doors that have been sharp and well qualified individuals. Each applicant has their own story and we have met great employees through this software and that is because Ziprecruiter leaves no stone unturned. They really are the best contenders in the job seeing world!

Cons

The one issue I would say would be the "Quick Apply". From my experience, sometimes the quick apply is so easy for applicants it makes my job as a Hiring Manager a little tough. This is due to the fact that when an applicant is on a job application frenzy, they will apply for anything and everything meaning they do not necessarily remember applying/apply by mistake. This results in a lot of confusion and wasted time when reaching out to applicants. If there was maybe more of a screening process involved so the applicants are required to read and check what they're apply for, it'd make a huge difference!

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hello Ardittee,

Thank you for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, Your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. It is always a great feeling when you successfully make your new hire/hires! We hope they are the perfect fit for your company!

If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are available 24/7.

Kind Regards