About monday.com

monday.com, an award-winning collaboration and project management platform, helps teams plan together efficiently and execute complex projects to deliver results on time. monday.com team management and task management tool allows...

Browse monday.com Reviews

2,452 of 7,344,000 reviews

Reviewed on 05/09/2021

Right Performance and user friendly CRM Tool

Monday.com is an helpful CRM tool, I find it very useful because of its user friendliness, pipeline management, marketing campaign management.
They do allow a 14 days trail with no credit card required to test the useful functionalities of monday.com
Since it is web based it is easy to use I said lightweight app page.

Pros

Monday.com helps team members to analyze task quickly that they need to work on, workflows are based on the collaborative needs across department such as IT management and administrator team to ensures the stage gates are rightly set for an efficient collaboration.
The inbuilt Project management tool can adopt the kaban or gantt chart style for those who love project updates on those charts, Especially useful for users who are used to the traditional type of Project management functionality, and the updates bar in real time.
The interface is very neat and colorful, there are multiple widgets and apps that we can add in to the page.
The best feature that I like is the ease of use to set up a project dashboard and to add the workflow for the communication and notification with tasks that are needed for the project.

Cons

Monday.com have to bring back their phone support which got stopped due to the pandemic.
Non registered users cannot see any data or reports even in view only mode, so managing users info has no value with out getting them registered on monday.com.
Have limited software integrations such as slack and even few certain exchange emails.

Tony M.

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

Marketing before product

They know how to spend money on marketing. For a while I couldn't refresh a web page anywhere without seeing another Monday.com ad. Unfortunately the were not building a robust product, and most of the successful Monday users I have encountered on the forums seem to fall into 2 categories: 1. They have introduced a material amount of custom code and API work to overcome the deficiencies (although why still pay them, I don't know) or 2. with a little creativity they could be getting the same work done (potentially better) with well designed spreadsheets, but lack the skills or something to do so.

Pros

It looks nice, and if you are in a hypothetical use case, it looks like it will work.

Cons

This is a cleverly designed spreadsheet replacement that doesn't do much more. The ability to manage structured, relational data is virtually non-existent. I should be able to have a relationship in one place, say between an account and a sales person, or a project and a project manager, and somewhere else when I reference that account or project, I should be able to reference the project manager or sales person. But you can't do that here. To make it even crazier, you can mirror data so you can SEE it where it should be (sometimes) but you can't actually use it! The automations and other parts of the software they tout so highly don't recognize the data that is visually present. So far, everything I have tried to do with their software has been a no-go, and their support response is prompt, polite, and weak/useless. They round-robin active support issues so that even on the same issue you are starting over again with every email. This company is a mess and everyone who invested in their recent IPO has been dupped.

Response from monday

Hi Tony, thanks so much for your review. We will let the team know about your feedback, so that we can make monday.com better for all users.

Replied 21/07/2021

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Great Tool for Project Management

Pros

Monday's automations and integrations make assigning and tracking tasks super easy. I new have to worry about nudging another coworker about a later or upcoming task because Monday will do it for me.

Cons

I like to use Monday for my day to day tasks and it falls short when trying to organize my daily routine. It's much more fitted for project management.

Todoist and Trello

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday's automations make everything much easier to build and keep on track.

Top monday.com Alternatives

Ben K.

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Never miss a beat!

Monday has helped us to lessen missed tasks and deadlines for projects overall. Communication amongst teams has never been easier!

Pros

The design. Monday makes assigning tasks for projects simple. The way the platform is setup is great, modern and easy to navigate for all.

Cons

The integration with Hubspot (the crm we use) could be more streamlined but overall it still accomplishes our main wants and needs

Jira, Asana and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

We were using Hubspot, Slack and Trello as a combo to organize our tasks as well as simply google calendar. Tasks were being drops, some weren't even being assigned correctly with how fast pace our company is.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Easy of use as well as overall advanced functionality compared to the others.

Response from monday

Hey Ben! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We're happy to hear that the platform has been helpful in managing your team's projects. Thank you for sharing that feedback regarding our Hubspot integration -- I'll pass it along to our product team!

Replied 12/05/2020

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

Can't Live Without It

Awesome! Just overall awesome.

Pros

I honestly couldn't run my business without this at this point. Monday.com has become a vital piece of software for my business and managing my team. I work with a LOT of contractors and clients and I can base everything in Monday.com. I also love how I can customize it to fit whatever project I am working on in a great way.

Cons

1. The mobile app is hard to use in my opinion and takes a little while to navigate.
2. I do find some things I want to customize and do I can't because its not a feature offered by monday.com. Mainly to do with formulas or something like that. The formula options are pretty limiting but thats not a big deal to me.

Microsoft To Do, Asana and Trello

Trello

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

I tried just about every project management software out there...I really did. Like 50 of them. And I just kept coming back to monday.com for the features, ease of use, and overall look and functionality.
Cole R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

An Interesting Web-Based Project Management Tool

Monday.com is a terrific cloud/internet based project management software that keeps our projects moving towards our deadlines. While the user interface is not very intuitive, once you take the time to learn its features and functions, you can truly build management boards that keep your tasks and projects well on track for any deadlines. The software has a treasure chest of functions and features that once learned and understood make Monday.com a novel tool.

Pros

In an entire company, Monday.com is wonderful because it truly allows each team and department to build entire boards to manage projects, deadlines, and people specific to their team. These boards can remain visible or private to the remainder of the company; controlling which information is shared and when. Additionally, the seemingly endless amount of editable features on a board allow you to make a board that is very custom and specific to you and you teams needs. For example, you are able to track progress, set deadlines, assign projects, add tags, link to other boards, and upload/link to files. Monday.com can also integrate to your email to send you notifications daily or upon being mentioned.

Cons

Unfortunately, Monday.com's greatest con is that it is not user-friendly, intuitive, or straight-forward to learn. Amongst our organization, I have taken the time to learn the software in greater depth than most and I regularly find myself having to assist and educate my colleagues on how to do what they are trying to accomplish. It does not make for a satisfy initial experience and can often discourage first time users. Similarly, when a user does come across an issue or something that they are unable to complete, their customer service and online forum is not very helpful either.

Jake K.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

Easy and addicting!

Monday.com makes productivity addicting! Our small team likes seeing our progress and watching as tasks/"pulses" turn green and complete. It's very flexible and customizable. If you can figure out google sheets, you can figure out Monday. Their support team is also pretty good at answering emails quickly and they are very friendly.

Pros

- Monday.com is truly flexible and as easy to customize as a google sheet, but with way more power through smart columns, formulas, automations and integrations
- The color coded status column(s) make it easy to see how things are going at a glance and it's addicting to work as a team towards "all greens"! It's like the professional version of "closing the ring" on apple watch or reaching step goals on fitbit.
- The mobile app is almost as powerful as the web version, though I do wish they would bring "info boxes" on pulses to mobile since right now you can't see or edit those :(

Cons

- Monday.com is a bit expensive if you're a small team. I wish they had per user licenses for small teams instead of bundles.
- The My Week feature is nice to show you all of the tasks from all projects that you have due coming up, but I wish Monday.com let you create a "timeline of timelines" similar to Asana portfolios that let you see how all of your projects are progressing and how much (planned) time is left on them before final deadline etc.

Basecamp and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Better integrations, easier to use, more flexibility

Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Basecamp doesn't have things like gantt/timelines built in and, though it's super nice and easy to use esp with clients, it's a bit expensive for a small team and way less flexible than Monday. Write is just way overpriced and has add-on charges for every little feature. We like that Monday.com doesn't charge extra for each individual feature like Wrike does.
Brendon B.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Complex or complete?

Clever marketing brought us here, and so far the depth of the product has lived up to the hype. Monday's development is moving a good direction - if they can wean users off of email they might help me get more team buy-in.

All said, if you have a strong, vocal PM that won't accept any deliverables that didn't go through the software, this may be all that is required.

Pros

We chose this for the depth of the product, the vision of the company, and the support system. I am quite happy with the product for the time being - options, configurations and communication tools abound, and the different ways of visualizing project data are extremely helpful and open our company to opportunities.

Cons

I have used an immense variety of project management software in my time, and all bring something to the table. Monday brings everything to the table, but the table gets too full. The sheer complexity of the offerings has kept many of my users away, and often I am in the position where I am attempting to rope members back into the software in order to not have to duplicate my reporting. Intimidated by the product, they fall back to inundating the team with email. I don't quite have a picture of how I can fully build out dozens of client folders, each with 10+ boards, each board with 4-5 groups of 1-+ "pulses" each, without anything falling through the cracks, and still knowing that progress is being made. This may be an educational thing on my part.

Avaza, Asana and Trello

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

We chose it for the depth, and the spreadsheet-style pulses.
Greg A.

Reviewed on 19/01/2020

The best tool on the market for Team Project Management

It's been excellent. Communication with the company has been minimal because we haven't had any issues, but when we have had a question, we've received a prompt response. The software itself was incredibly easy to implement. We had two training sessions for our team and other than an occasional check-in to discuss best practices, our team has been able to use the software without issue. It has helped our office immensely.

Pros

The visual layout and ability for all of our team to very quickly setup tasks, monitor progress, and collaborate has been the best feature of Monday.com. It's drastically different from other project management solutions on the market, but with our team of younger millennials, the visual "gamified" approach to task management (turning things green to mark them complete) has actually increased productivity and even morale. We couldn't be more pleased.

Cons

File sharing and downloading is the slightest bit clunky... we often find ourselves still sharing files via Slack or Dropbox instead of in Monday, but other than that, it's been really great and that's a minor complaint.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Best Team PM Tool Available

I work on Monday.com with one of my clients who utilizes it for managing multiple projects with a variety of internal *and* external team members. It's easy to have everyone on the same page, makes communicating easy, and is VERY easy for the uninitiated to get up and running quickly.

Pros

Monday.com is straight out of the box simple to learn and yet it has a huge variety of features to make it as robust as you need it to be. The ability to quickly set up projects, timelines, teams, and tasks is just really almost too easy. Also love being able to easily switch between views (table, Kanban, calendar, etc.) that speak to the way my mind works.

Compared to other PM cloud tools that I have used (Trello, Asana, Teamwork, etc.) I found Monday.com to be far easier to get going quickly and without a huge learning curve. Their Knowledge Base is vast, and the customer service is also great. Tips & tricks pop up to help enhance the UX without being annoying. They actually seem to be listening to the user audience and carefully implement improvements that make sense.

Cons

Haven't found any downsides yet! Seriously it's so easy to use I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Jeanne S.

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Organized

I use Monday daily as do my co-workers. It is a great way to transmit information and store it in one place and when you need to look something up you are not searching emails. Things are neatly sorted and easily accessible. It is user friendly and even the receptionist can look at the schedule and let a client know where we are at with a project.

Pros

This software keeps you organized and on top of due dates. It sends reminder emails and allows you to sort and classify with ease. It is customizable to accommodate the needs of your company - for us we use it to track jobs, bid dates, job information, requests for quotes, schedules, RFI requests, addendums, etc. It is useful for the PM, the field and the estimator and convenient for the accounting department. Allows you to track trends and hit rates as well

Cons

Only the administrator has the ability to make changes and manage users, which can take some time if you have a busy admin.

Fidelis A.

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

monday.com 2021 review

My overall experience is awesome. Never had such great experience and user interface before. It is rich and educating even when you don't know how to start managing your project.

Pros

Monday.com is a very great and robust platform for managing your project. I use monday.com to manage my business projects and tasks from start to finish. The workspace template feature is amazing in the sense that I can easily get an already made interface with no hassle of creating such an interface from scratch. They have both a free and paid plan that allows me to test their product before upgrading. Their collaboration features are second to none and can easily integrate with other collaboration software such as slack. Monday.com platform is very easy to sign up and use using their tour features. They make it easy to automate your task status and timing. Monday.com allows me and my team to work on our client projects that are trackable.

Cons

I think adding a feature that will enable me to add an image when adding a new task will be appreciated. Some of our customers love to see visible images for proper illustration. Monday.com has fewer cons since they are constantly improving the platform.

Diego R.

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Very Basic System

Support is responsive via email. Expect them to ask you redundant questions and ask for screenshots even though you already provided them in previous emails. We had 2 issues that have no solution that to us are very basic features. See section "Cons"

Pros

The system does help our management and sales team organize the database of prospective students. It does provide a better option than having nothing.

Cons

System is extremely basic. It provides basic formulas and very basic features. For examples:

1) We need to have a list (dropdown or similar) where we choose a career and the system shall pull a price into another column (Total Cost). Dropdown feature is only a single column and it does not allow for this capability. "IF" function/Formula is very basic and on it would be extremely long for 250 career options with multiple universities.

2) We need to have a column call "Total Cost" - done, ok. We need the system to have another column where we can place a number for an amount ("Payment") received by a student. We created a dropdown column that allows you to enter multiple numbers but the "SUM" function/formula does not add all the values entered in the Dropdown column. It only picks up the first value. It is therefore very difficult and manual to calculate commissions for our sales people.

3) System does not allow to relate a record in one board ("STUDENTS") to records in another board "PAYMENTS" to create a one-to-many relationship. It is just a flat list. No crossing of information.

Sarah H.

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

Monday.com for Project Management

The pricing, functionality (especially time tracking), support team, and ease of use have made Monday and exceptional tool that our agency cannot live without.

Pros

Our advertising agency switched from Asana to Monday.com because of the robust and customizable features. We love the ability to add multiple date fields to columns on various boards and the ability to duplicate templates saves us so much time. Monday.com also features very sophisticated templates to apply and modify to your projects. It truly makes project management so much more efficient for us.

Cons

Sometimes it would be nice to update the different boards within a project. When you add new items to a board, you can't necessarily edit different columns. It just replicates the one you've pre-built. It would be nice to have an option to change the columns when needed.

Wrike

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Features, price, functionality, customer support, user experience

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Better pricing and features!

Response from monday

Hey Sarah! Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you've had an easy transition to monday.com and enjoy the ability to use it to manage your work. We hear you about having the same column structure for groups across a board and see how it can be a bit annoying. The reason for this is so you can seamlessly move items between groups on a board. If you'd like to view a multiple column structure in one view, you can create multiple boards and view them using the table widget on a dashboard! Let us know if this helps.

Replied 03/08/2020
Syazila R.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Compatible with our team needs

Pros

monday.com has so many features and tools that my team needs to effectively running our project and daily task. This software is so robust that we start to using the tools that we don't even using on previous software before, but Asana show us a tools that can help us managing our task better and more efficient.

Cons

Some of the area that Asana lacking a bit is in the generating report. Some of the metrics or field that i need to be on the report is missing and no possible way to include it to the report as the customization of the report is not flexible enough. I have suggesting this to Asana's customer support, but no luck so far.

Shahila A.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

monday.com is versatile

Pros

I've explored a variety of applications, but nothing compares to this program's flexibility. Although it is significantly more expensive than alternatives, it is an excellent substitute for Spreadsheets, databases, and a project manager. Webforms may be used to gather data as well. It's simple to switch between project, Gantt board, and project mapping.

Cons

The messaging mechanism is likely to be a little more perplexing than other systems. However, I wish I had discovered this solution sooner. We've gone through several project management providers and still haven't found the ideal software that genuinely fit our need.

Suzillah A.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

Start your day with monday.com

Pros

My overall experience with monday.com is really fantastic, as me and my team has utilized it to collaborate on task and project online, as we can work from office and mostly from our home. Communication was never a problem, as this application has a very good messenger platform that let us connect easily with each other.

Cons

It is good that this application is very detail with the project and task construction, but it will less appealing when trying to manage a simple repetitive task like a daily task. It will takes extra step to create it and too complex to be use it for a simple task.

Barry-john W.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Monday.com

It is a good platform and i would use a free version or lower cost version.

Pros

Its relatively easy to use and understand. Allows cross use of products, so moving to Monday.com was easy enough. There is always a new feature arriving

Cons

I didnt like the price, it seems expensive as a start up or small business to keep all the subscriptions needed to run a small business. I found a free version (limited functionality, but everything i need)

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

It seemed appealing and i like the functionality offered.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

I liked the reviews and feedback online, enjoyed the experience when first used.
Victoria O.

Reviewed on 19/03/2021

Great Product But Customer Support is Poor

Great with the product. Terrible with the customer service. We are now actively looking for a replacement.

Pros

I love its ease of use, the ability to track by project, and the ability to customize the templates to fit your needs.

Cons

The customer service is horrendous. No customer support. I've sent 6--SIX--emails requesting help with a major problem. The result...0--ZERO responses 4-5 days later.

The problem: The system isn't notifying me of @mentions. SO I have no idea who is @mentioning me without wading through all of the notifications.

Also, it doesn't allow folks to track their time at the task level and then offer an overview by task. This is essential. The integrations don't do it either. We are having to use a completely separate time tracker and re-write each task. A waste of time.

Santiago A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 12/01/2019

The virtual manager that all work needs

In my work, we implemented it and did not need to ask about the responsibility of which task, we all know the scope and response levels of each work team, in addition, it allows us to have the work much more organized, which results in a increase in productivity and less bad times. I have always thought that strategic planning is vital for all work, thanks to Monday.com we have managed to implement it without any problem.

Pros

They have many benefits, but the one I like the most is to see the planning of the tasks that each worker can execute. The assignments by Monday.com allow me to evaluate the response times of each person and the effectiveness they have when fulfilling their responsibilities. It is great to be able to see on a single screen how each task is developed to fulfill the goals. Another aspect that I like very much is the simplicity that it offers to each person that belongs to the work team, not to mention that it is possible to save a lot of money. Another of the elements that I like most about Monday.com is that I can use your platform from any computer with Internet access, it does not limit you to have an update or any other problem that similar programs repeat without correcting.

Cons

Most of your options are wonderful, until now I have not identified a negative aspect that prevents me from doing the daily tasks, they are going in the right direction. If you could lower the monthly costs of your basic plan a little, that way many more companies and individuals will opt for definitively implement monday.com as their permanent planning and work organization system.

Tristan H.

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Robust Customization Features

From the moment I first took a deep dive into Monday.com and it's features, I came away extremely impressed. The ability to create and tweak fully custom layouts is very pleasing and allows for high efficiency production.

Pros

I love the customization features that allow you to create just about anything you desire. The ability to rapidly change the types of views without having to create separate files is incredibly efficient as well.

Cons

There are so many different features and customizable options, that at times it can be a little overwhelming trying to setup the 'perfect' layout.

Todoist, Asana, Trello and Airtable

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Asana's layout wasn't as visually pleasing as Monday.com. I also felt like the features were limited compared to Monday.com.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com has the most features, with more customizable options.
Katie C.

Reviewed on 19/06/2018

A tool that has made my working life easier

Pros

Monday has been a real help exactly when our team needed it. As our workload has increased meaning working collaboratively across projects has been required Monday has been an amazing tool for keeping on top of tasks, and means I am able to see when other members of the team have completed items or receive up to the minute status updates without needing to constantly check with them. This saves time, has improved communication and given an improved sense of autonomy to team members.
The flexibility of the boards means it has uses across our interior design and project management business, from tracking order admin on each project to keeping track of new leads and planning marketing. I have found the customer support to be excellent and there are useful videos available to help get to grips with using it. Even less technologically advanced older team members have loved using it, setting up the status updates with quick click labels has made this so accessible and quick to update. The iphone app also means you can use on the go, for instance a nagging feeling that something has not been ordered or actioned in the middle of the night can be put to rest within seconds - without having to wait until 9am to check in with team members.

Cons

Needs someone to be technologically aware/ a bit of effort to set up the boards, however it is so easy to use once put the time in it is definitely worth the initial effort.

I would say the main challenge in our business has been getting the whole team on board to
a change in doing things, however even the most resistant team members have quickly got on board as soon as they have given it a chance.

Sarah N.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Great for project management

I'm not the official project manager in our office, but I do a lot of that type of work. This tool has been really valuable in saving time, ability to track a number of projects at a time with reports and dashboards.

Pros

We use this daily with a team of 50+ people, tracking ongoing projects at various stages. It's a great tool to identify in detail what's going on, and has good reporting features for giving a larger snapshot. We imported data from another management system with success, but suggest double checking everything because there were some missing data that didn't carry over completely or accurately.

Cons

While I do like the reporting and dashboard features, there are some reports that have been difficult to pull. The timeline feature is good in theory, but the view is difficult to see and needs the ability to zoom out more to see a larger amount of time and projects more easily.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Best Business Project and Task Organizing Tool Used to Date

We use Monday.com regularly to track almost of all of our ongoing work priorities, and I have not yet seen another tool yet that fits as well with our business processes and team collaboration needs. We expect to continue to use monday.com for the foreseeable future, as they are also constantly adding new features that contribute to the convenience and efficiency of the tool.

Pros

Monday.com provides a great collaborative environment with flexible options for setting up a management system for all office major projects and tasks. It allows work teams to keep track of their own tasks but also easily delegate any tasks to other co-workers and provide updates and inputs all within the same system. The different options for set up provides a template for a wide range of project structures that can be customized in a variety of ways depending on the circumstances.

Cons

There are some limitations in setting up sub-tasks under projects and it was not necessarily intuitive to set up the optimal work structure with the initial set-up of the product, although we figured it out eventually.

Justin F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 04/06/2021

Monday still a hit every day of the week!

It's an incredible software platform! Its features allow for immeasurable ways to organize and set up projects, and it's incredibly intuitive and easy to learn. The "How To" videos and resources are also easy to use to expand one's knowledge base.

Pros

It's a huge win that this platform has so many plug-and-play features. Boards are able to be easily customized based on whatever need has arisen, and their Help and Search features allow for great guidance on how to make improvements/changes.

Cons

I wish it was easier to customize the mobile viewing experience. There would be benefit to having different views for desktop and mobile based on screen real estate.

Asana and Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Features available for the price; ease of use/customization.