Sage Accounting Reviews

4.2

4.2

About Sage Accounting

Sage Business Cloud Accounting is a cloud-based accounting and invoice management solution for small businesses. It offers core accounting, project accounting, expense management and compliance management within a suite. Sage...

4.1
3.9

Browse Sage Accounting Reviews

Magdalene
Magdalene

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

Sage Business Cloud - Cannot Do Business Without It

Pros

I love the fact that my clients and I can share the same system in different locations. It also has an app that I can use on the go for invoicing and quotes.

Cons

Currently, I don't have any grips with the system.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I have been a Sage Pastel user for over a decade. when I heard that there was a cloud-based system available that offered such powerful, yet simple to use features, I had to give it a try. I have not been disappointed.
Rendani
Rendani
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 28/06/2021

Sage Business Cloud Accounting review

Capability to meet the objectives of the finance department while also making the workflow much easier in terms of maximizing efficiency

Pros

The installation and implementation procedures are straightforward. I like how easy the features are to use, even for non-accountants. It enables clients and colleagues to share files in real-time, saving time and eliminating the need to send invoices via email. This streamlines and lowers the cost of debtor management. When one is on the go, having access via a mobile device is extremely useful. The software is also reasonably priced, and it includes a free trial period. Sage's customer service is excellent.

Cons

One suggestion is that when adding a new Item from the Invoice screen, the new Item screen includes all features (such as selecting the Purchase account). You must currently exit the Invoice, create a new Item, and then return to the Invoice.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

We were able to combine our accounting and payroll systems by using Sage One. It enables us to manage our accounts from any location and using any device. It also relieved us of the responsibility of backing up and protecting our financial records.
Matt

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

ITA A GOOD PACKAGE

Pros

ONLINE MEANS I CAN USE ANY COMPUTER UNLIKE SAGE 50 WHICH WAS COMPUTER DEPENT

Cons

NOTHING ITS A GOOD PACKAGE I CANT FAULT IT

Top Sage Accounting Alternatives

Audrey

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

I really wanted this to work

Unfortunately my experience was poor. I loved their desktop program and really wanted to love their cloud solution just as much.

Pros

I love cloud solutions and the reports from this would have been nice.

Cons

I was hit with what seemed like every road block as I tried to switch from my Sage Desktop program into their cloud program. Customer Support was lacking and I ended up joining a Facebook support group of other accountant/bookkeepers making a similar switch. In the end I had to make the decision to let it go or loose my productivity.

FreshBooks and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Sage Accounting

I mainly used Sage 50cloud for it's desktop features and felt the cloud connectivity was lacking.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I signed up to be a part of the beta testing. I was hoping the migration of data would have gone smoothly from one Sage program to the next with data lose.
Rebekah

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Brilliant product

Really good, does what it says on the tin (so to speak!), perfect for our use case.

Pros

Sage Accounting is very easy to use, it has a lot of useful features that make it stand out ahead of similar software

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like, but maybe some more customisation to the interface would be nice, to make things cleared to see when needed or to remove bits I don't want to see.

Due to local 'making tax digital' regulations in the UK
Jeff
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

Small Business Sage Cloud Accounting

Excellent, I am always surprised each time I speak with one of your support desk team, just how charming, patient and informed they are.... don't ever change that please. Im a fan .

Pros

Simplicity and exception support staff, well trained and friendly

Cons

wish it had easier search options, that it would recognise more key words when seeking a specific transaction.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

reputation and confidence that I had a recognised brand
Haba
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 05/03/2024

Good and easy software.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use it. Nice and intuitive UX. A lot of good and useful features "ready at your fingertips"

Cons

Sometimes the loading speed is very very slow.

Accounting Seed

Sage 50cloud Accounting and Wave
Martin

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

I really like Sage Accounting

I find it easy to use, and it helps me to keep an eye on the finances and in turn help to make decisions to intern grow the business

Pros

I find it simple to navigate and its intuitive

Cons

I wish it had on the summary screen "this financial year" option

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I just found it simpler ann cleaner to use
Dustin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Not for mobile

It is pretty good just make sure itis setup properly from the get go

Pros

Links your cloud accounting with your bookeepers sage 50. If she/he is oldshcool and like working off spreadsheets and u want it on a cloud its real good.

Cons

Doesn’t work on any tablet I tried IPad and fire tablet and the short listing of products isnon functional making it useless for mobile.
Also unable to print receipts for payments on multiple invoices is really annoying.

Reviewed on 14/12/2023

Review - Sage

My overall experience with sage is okay, it is sometimes good.

Pros

The useability within sage is very good!

Cons

The speed especially when completing high frame rate work is difficult due to slower speeds

• Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Really Easy Software for Non-Accountants

I honestly, couldn't imagine running my business without it. It's such an integral part of my business and frees up my time so that I can focus on other things. Truly outstanding!

Pros

I love the usability of this product. As a non-accountant, I feel able to easily keep track of my small business accounts with Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Plus, if ever there is a time where I don't know something and my accountant isn't available, the Sage help is excellent. I love the new addition of the Sage University which is going to be a real help in training my team.

Cons

I feel that for me personally, the cash flow forecasting is a bit complicated, but I'll admit I haven't fully explored this side of things, I tend to do all my budgeting on a spreadsheet but it would be handy to have it integrated with my accounts. Maybe a section that can look at the P&Ls for past years and recommend budgets for the months, quarters and year ahead. Again, it's not something I've fully looked into so it may already exist on the platform.

QuickBooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

It was recommended to me by my accountant who was already using the software for some other clients and after trialling it, I found it great.
Sheldon

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

Sage Online Accounting

The software is good and reliable. Very few errors have happened to the software, since we have moved to the cloud. So Good.

Pros

You can log in from anywhere. Take on is easy. Invoicing is simple to use. Allocating receipts and payments straight from the important bank statements makes processing easy

Cons

The stock system does not intergrate well between the stock holdings and values and the balance sheet. Extra modules are required for this basic function and this does not always solve the problem. This results in clients needing to continuously reconcile stock to balance the Inventory Valuation to the Inventory Ledger.The project management systems need to be improved so individual and multiple projects can be quickly monitored in an income statement.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Accounting

We needed accessability in the cloud from multiple places and we needed to work with our clients on the same information, without them needing to bring their laptops to us.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I was familiar with the company and their support. I prefer their method of storing transactions. It is a South African Support base
Eugenio

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

a tool to trust if there is budget for it

very good, all the accounting department can work with it.

Pros

the robustness of the software, it does not save locally any file, is connecting to the server for every query.

Cons

the price is very high, the company need to be bigger to be able to pay this software, the customer service is not very good in the it section, they are accountants.

MNprogram

Reasons for Choosing Sage Accounting

because we needed better support

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

because mn program was not able to start the fiscal year in june as we need, it only accepts january december accounting period.
Simon

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

Sage

Excellent, the more you learn about the software the more possibilities to improve your business, an all in one package.

Pros

With starting on a new venture it was imperative to start off with the right software, Sage gives us everything we currently need in terms of invoicing, banking, ensuring all payments (in & out) are allocated, plus the flexibility to set up your own product codes & pricing structure specific to our business.

Cons

I would like to see a word search feature included in the invoice and purchasing section, rather than have to go through individual invoices to find the product I am looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Used Sage when working in another industry so familiar with some of the processes.
Kerry

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Sage review

Pros

From AutoEntry to sage accounting to sage final accounts.
I like the bank feed within sage accounting - all time saving.

Cons

Bulk nominal changes would be a good addition. Otherwise I have to go into each individual invoice

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Mainly the support I get from the team at sage. I can always get hold of someone to answer queries.

Response from Sage

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the great feedback and glad you're loving your accounting product.

Reviewed on 30/01/2018

A solid accounts package. Many useful features allowing simple accounting for small businesses...

Pros

It is relatively intuitive for people with only a basic knowledge of business accounting. It allows easy manipulation of accounting data and you are able to provide periodical reports which means you always know the state of your companies finances. It can be accessed from anywhere and at any time and allows you to restrict certain users to particular areas. You are able to give your accountant a direct log in to your accounts which makes annual tax accounting very quick and simple.
Sage One can be tied to your bank accounts so that all items that pass through your accounts can be automatically uploaded into sage saving lots of time on entering data.
VAT filing and reports can be done instantly and sent directly to HMRC.
Can also be used directly with Sage Payroll meaning all information from payroll is automatically added to Sage One accounts.

Cons

If you're internet connection is weak this can slow things down a bit though on the whole it is a very stable and trustworthy platform.
The only thing I find a little bit weak is the inability to create direct backups of your accounts either your computer desktop or external drives. The only method of backing up the information is to print reports of all ledgers, invoices, receipts and audit trail. This means you will always have the information but in the event of a catastrophic failure it would be highly time consuming to re-input all the details. There would be no obvious method of doing this.

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

Awesome Account Software for all your needs

Sage Business cloud accounting has been a huge relief for my finance department making their records traceable.

Pros

The cloud deployment makes it a perfect solution

Cons

Adoption of multi factor authentication before users can login

Bettina

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

Shocking support and behaviour from their new online shop division

We had been one of their first online store users when SAGE started with their online store offer. Then the support and customer service was outstanding. Sadly they outsourced their online shop to another company and we needed to move our existing online shop to a new platform. One would think that "SAGE" would facilitate this move for free, as the old platform was discontinued. Well that was not so, we ended up paying a large sum of money for the move. The service level of the new "SAGE" company was horrific, the treatment we received was shocking, everything took weeks and months to finalise. We ended up doing most of the work ourselves and then received a bill for their general set up package and for re-directing the pages to the new site. Unbelievable and shocking! We are also using their accounting software that we like, if we find another way of integrating the accounting part easily with another online shop provider, we will move. They do not deserve our business as they clearly don't appreciate loyal and long standing customers.

Pros

The online store platform integrates easily with sage cloud accounting. Nevertheless, the customer service is shocking, shocking, shocking!

Cons

the online store provider have no regard for longstanding and loyal customer - shocking and horrific customer service!

Olivia
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

Secret experts use Sage Business Cloud Accounting.You should try it.

Time saving.This software simplifies work in an ordinary way.No room for mistakes while using this softwareSage Business Cloud Accounting has sparkled my work.Its efficiency and flexibility magnifies your work.

Pros

The most incredible things about this software is it's phenomenal features that tracks all the expenses in an awesome way.All financial reports are arranged perfect.And if billing is what you love most then this software is your missing piece.invoive processing is simple, successful and enjoyable while using Sage Business Cloud Accounting.

Cons

It has really been effective on my work.its user friendly sono struggles customizing anything.Right choice so I have no problem with this versatile software.

Johan

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Sage One - Good for a Chicken Farmer in Zimbabwe

No comment, as it was developed by Pastel and not a lot of effort was placed in developing a descent accounting platform.

Pros

Sage is very cheap, but with it comes a entry level accounting platform. Definately not a Rolls Royce like Microsoft Business Central.

Cons

Uploading and deleting items and customers and suppliers. Very entry level. This product does not come close to Business Central. Sage is more an accounting platform for third world countries.

marie

Reviewed on 24/05/2023

SAge Cloud Accounting

We really like Sage business cloud and have the payroll too which is good that its all in one place,

Pros

We moved from Sage 50 accounts to Sage one around 2 years ago when a member of the team left and it has been beneficial as we can log in no matter where we are and complete our work. It is also very easy to use and quick to train other people on.

Cons

There is still work that needs improved and coming from Sage 50 that had alot of reports and functions it is hard to not have them.

Dillwyen

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

Good product BAD after service

Great software until you encounter problems. Then it becomes useless because of the lack of support.

Pros

Easy to use... when it is working. Interface very modern and quick to jump between the menus.

Cons

No after sales. Lots of departments passing the buck. Any software is only as good as their support.

Response from Sage

Thanks for the feedback Dillwyen,

We'll pass on your review to our customer services department. Should you have any further issues with after sales support, please visit this link:

This is the first port of call which will hopefully answer any questions you might have before having to call our customer services team.

Barry

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

From Sage Instant to Business Cloud

Used everyday and very useful for my business and obvioulsy for my cleints too.

Pros

Yes I have to admit it the cloud option is very useful, not having to keep track of versions and installing etc. Very useful to share data with clients.

Cons

Still some features i would like and have become used to in Sage 50, like Gross to Net and Copying lines above but sure they will come.

Response from Sage

Thanks for the feedback Barry,

We're pleased you're loving the functionality of cloud and always being on the most up to date version of your product.

William
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

good

it's good it works, but very hard to install in network

Pros

The fact that you cannot go modify stuff by the backdoor

Cons

support could be better, it's not easy to reach

reputation
Ilze

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

Easy to use good quality product

Pros

It is very easy to use and offers a lot of features.

Cons

Sometimes we encounter errors while working on the program and have to log in again.