About InvGate Service Desk

InvGate Service Desk is an IT service management platform that offers help desk request fulfillment, customer service and support and self-service knowledge management. The system is compatible with Mac, Windows, and iPad (or...

Browse InvGate Service Desk Reviews

Greg D.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

InvGate Service Desk Review

InvGate is a pretty good product overall. There are a lot of little annoyances, but if they were to fix these, it could be a pretty great product.

Pros

Affordable
Easy to setup
Ability to use variables when creating a ticket
Ability to add observers and collaborators to a ticket
Easy to do things like reassign and escalate

Cons

No Due Date field unless you use SLAs
No ability to delete a comment or edit a comment
If you add a comment before selecting Solve (which ultimately closes the ticket), you have to enter your solution again and select Solve for your solution to show up as the resolution
If you added a comment to a ticket when the owner has an out of office notification turned on in their email, the out of office email would create a new ticket
When printing out a lit of tickets for a user, the font is so small, it's hard to read. Took me a while to come up with a roundabout way to do it so that it was easily readable.
Each comment in a ticket doesn't have the day and time the comment was made. You get more general time stamps like "14 hours ago", "2 weeks ago", or "a month ago". Would be useful to know the date and time so that you can tell if something was done at the end of the day or the beginning.

• Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Service Desk has made our support manageable

Despite it not being perfect, Service Desk has changed our support queue from being unmanageable to having everything tracked in one place, with time stamps and a request is never missed. Setup could be easier, but once complete, I would highly recommend this to a company looking to streamline their end-user support.

Pros

-Very good end-user experience
-Never miss a request
-Integration with JIRA
-Application integration (widgets)

Cons

-Setup is tedious
-Getting the correct permissions for all agents/users is a frustrating experience
-Somewhat confined to canned reports with little customization

Zendesk

Reasons for Switching to InvGate Service Desk

It integrated with our existing Atlassian Suite
Gustavo C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Excellent tool

Pros

Excellent tool, easy to use, configure and very easy to use. It helped organize our help desk and our times.

Cons

I honestly do not find cons in the tool, it meets all our expectations

Top InvGate Service Desk Alternatives

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

Easy to Create Ticket, rocky metrics creation

Service Desk is a good tool that can use some additional tweaking so that it can remain resourceful while flexible like writing an email.

Pros

I like that the tickets can be designed to be used very simple and you can require any level of detail you'd like from the user. I also like that you can program a search bar for the participant while they are creating a ticket in case they can find the info they are looking.

I also like that Service Desk can be integrated with confluence and there is a section in the ticket for the administrator where I can easily reference an article for the client.

Cons

I think the ticketing system is not as flexible as writing a simple email, and I don't like that when you are responding to a person's request you can't really see their original question while you're typing their answer.

Also, running a report of all of the questions is very difficult to do in a clean way, and I have to use a legend of my creation in order to translate the code name of the topics to English names.

Chris H.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

InvGate is very easy to use for both helpdesk and end users. It doesn't try to be a Swiss army...

Organization, problem tracking, time management

Pros

Its simplicity. In looking at similar software packages I found that there were just too many features, too many things crammed into one software. I also found them to be very inflexible, wanting you to run your help desk their way. Their support has been great.

Cons

My only problem is that although InvGate supports SSO through Office 365, they do not have an integrated app within MS Azure. Several other service desk software's do and it makes the login by end users seamless. There is little documentation on how to set it up and it took a little trial and error to get it working so that users can click the "Log In with Office 365" button but it would be so much nicer if there was an Azure app so that it could be added to the O365 launch pad and clicking on it took you right into the service desk.

Gerardo F.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Very easy to use

Organize my help desk support

Pros

Personalization is the best option of this soft. is a tool that is modeled to the extent of the help desk you want to create.

Cons

In my understanding, the lack of quick search for support tickets by user name that created it, is the biggest flaw in the system

Martin D.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Great solution.

more control over the user request, more users happy, more business value added.

Pros

you can add a simple workflow in seconds or a complex one in minutes. is easy put your own process to work.
The integration with Active Directory works great.

Cons

If you want go for a medium complex implementation, you will need consultancy. The setup is easy, the support is fine, but is not enough.
More integration with Office 365 will be necessary soon.

Juan M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

High recommended solution based on cloud

Pros

Cloud based
Look and feel
Simple use
Knowledgebase

Cons

Sometimes complex to make automatic workflows
Avoid repeating the same claims

Fernanda A.

Reviewed on 18/01/2016

Amazing tool!

Invgate Service Desk manages complex processes in a very easy and nice to use way. The integration with Invgate Asset Management tool is amazing. We saved a lot of hidden costs and the tools were payed with that. The analytics and reports are very good and gave us a lot of visibility.

Pros

You can manage everything there:
- ITIL processes
- Services and incident management
- IT department management
- Gamification: with this feature we were able to align the team with the goals and dramatically increase the motivation

Cons

Hard to find one. So far we are very happy with the product and support services.

Matias H.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 10/02/2016

Essential at our company

Pros

its versatility, reports, amount of information provided.

Cons

There's no phone help desk, only an online support board.

Sourabh B.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 22/04/2018

Easy to use service request tool.

This tool made raising service requests and tracking them easy.

Pros

Popular request section helps you to find and raise request for frequently used services.
All service requests are categorized nicely and are convenient to find by browsing through categories.

Cons

requests are difficult to find via search functionality. Search often returns irrelevant results.
Overall UI of the can be improved. Feels clunky and old.

Irving O.

Reviewed on 28/08/2015

GOOD

this software is really good, it has every thing we need for the manage of IT support.

Pros

good reports, nice traking, easy to use, very fast,

Cons

it would be nice to have a chat

• Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Great mobile interface

Solid product overall

Pros

Product is easy to understand and looks great – mobile view is best in class

Cons

Not a huge list of high-profile customers- can make finding other users challenging

José G.

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

Really Revolutionary Solution !!

We have been using INVGATE Solutions for the last year, and we are really happy with the results, not only for our company, but also for our clients.
It´s simple, it´s flexible, it´s the new way to help people in every organization.
It´s how a Software Solution should be.

Windy H.

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

Stunningly beautiful yet powerful!

We wanted a Service Desk solution that is easy to use and yet can accomodate complex workflow, InvGate Service Desk can answer all of these.
I have used ServiceNow & Heat, those products are very verbose in terms of wording. InvGate SD is concise less word but more to usable actions.
I would recommend this highly to other people looking for ITSM solution.

Pros

- Easy to setup and easy to understand on daily usage, the relations between grouping, help desk and catalog is superb.
- Query builder is the one I like most, consistency across the system, you learn once and you can use similar familiar query.
- Gamification is fun!

Cons

Built-in integrations to other platform or service is somewhat rather limited. But workaround for webcall and inbound API is welcome.

ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Reasons for Choosing InvGate Service Desk

Too complex, cluttered menu and hurt my eyes.

Reasons for Switching to InvGate Service Desk

Too complex, cluttered menu and hurt my eyes.
Craig E.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Great value for the money

We are able to integrate several departments together into one solution and to take care of all of our in-house forms with Invgate.

Pros

My employer and I reviewed several solutions and none of them combined the level of features with affordability like Invgate. The workflow solution was a game changer for us.

Cons

Some of the setup could benefit from being a little easier to use. Sometimes when you are setting things up the whole process gets monotonous and could be made a little easier. But you can't argue with the end product.

Fernando M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Organize the work and give us greater control of the solutions.

Pros

It allows us to keep our customers' claims more organized, and classify them for claims that are often repeated. Optimize our working time.

Cons

We could not find an automatic report by mail with the detailed summary of all the work separated by admin users.

Gabriel A.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 18/01/2016

It's really good. It have all the function we need in our daily task.

Pros

The simplicity at the implementation / integration with our Enterprise. We are very satisfied with the customer Support at the reply's time and quality of the service.

Cons

Maybe the way the system Works when add collaborators.

Gerardo alexander F.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Great software for small companies

Pros

Works well for small companies to maintain internal communication. The ticket creation works much better than all those internal emails. This software is well worth the price.

Cons

It takes some time to learn the system. No issues so far as I am still a relative new user. I have not come across any major concerns.

Malcom C.

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

I love this project!

Pros

I love this product beacuse very good when it comes to understanding and I also love the thing that I can design the ticket in very simple and easy way.

Cons

This product would be perfect if its gonna have a mobile app notify. And none so much, so far I really like this product.

Paula B.

Reviewed on 19/01/2016

Great option for your IT service processes

Service Desk helps us to manage all our IT service processes tracking issues and incidents of 1000 users with 25 technicians, supervisors including.

What I like of Service Desk is that you can completely and easily customize your IT support process with custom forms, fields and workflows and create reports for your own.

Oscar B.

Reviewed on 16/07/2015

Excellent Product

An excellent solution for incident management, easy to install, easy to configure and easy to use. It's very robust and its integration with InvGate Assets makes it one of a kind!
Highly recommended!

Irving O.

Reviewed on 28/08/2015

The best

This is one of the best software for the manage of IT, we are using it for two years and they are growing better.

Osman K.

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

A ticketing system that motivates and engages your users

Pros

The usability and flexibility of the product as well as the great customer support was decisive.

Cons

Not available as an app on Microsoft 365
Not available as a mobile app

Igor V.

Reviewed on 23/08/2018

I use the Service Desk as a smart bid control

Pros

The developers of the product support small companies and provide a tariff with a fixed amount of payment, amounting to 10 USD per month, and this is not very suitable for us, because we employ about two dozen people. But for small companies this is undoubtedly a plus. In my work, I mostly use reports and analytics, which are very well designed visually and practical - they are simple, functional and easy to use.

Cons

The tariff with a fixed amount of payment is calculated for three people. If a team of 4-5 people, and this can be considered small, you need to pay about 100 USD per month, which is too expensive.