About Pabau

Pabau is the perfect solution for clinics of any size, and provides a simple all-in-one solution to help manage every aspect of your business. Pabau's system helps businesses to save time and enable growth, with the power of...

Browse Pabau Reviews

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Great for managing multiple services

Pabau have helped us manage multiple items in one place.

Pros

We have a busy practice with 30+ practitioners and pabau makes it easy for us to manage their schedules and see all of the patient details in one place for ease of managing their care alongside their admin.

Cons

I think the patient portal could do with some improvements as the online booking tool is clunky in comparison to other booking portals. Also it would be great if we could integrate the invoice and payment system with square as we tend to duplicate sending payment links with creating invoices on the patient's account for their records.

Jane and Cliniko

Reasons for Choosing Pabau

They were very expensive and used to charge per person which for us became ineffective and were not willing to help on any development.

Lumeon

flexibility to develop

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Elizabeth! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Ellysa

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

Why I subscribed to Pabau

The on boarding and training team have been very professional and prompt with correspondence.

Pros

There are many features I could not find in other software. Particularly the use of consultation templates to reduce note writing time, photography with the assistance of stencils to always obtain the correct patient view (very good for before and after photos), integration of drug look up, the ability to assign permissions for data view amongst staff and online booking. Everything is customisable. There is a whole suite of tools to match the demands of my growing business.

Cons

I would have preferred the option of a free trail period to play around with the application pre subscription. However, I can see that I would have flounder without the online training provided. There is a learning curve steeper than other applications.

Power Diary

Reasons for Choosing Pabau

I have used timely in another practice and while user friendly it lacked the additional features beneficial to my aesthetics business

Timely

Reasons for Switching to Pabau

More feature to grow my business

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Éilís

Reviewed on 23/06/2021

Very poor migration experience, multiple issues not resolved

Poor and inconsistent customer service.
At the outset, I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from Pabau, and subsequently [SENSITIVE CONTENT], when he was slow to revert, about a number of elements that were critical to my choice of software.
Unfortunately, I was given incorrect information, and I am now writing this review, as my email to head office about my concerns, has gone unacknowledged, and unanswered.
I was told that the migration would take a max of 7 days. Yet here I am, 7 weeks in, with critical patient documents missing, a messed-up GP database, insurance price over-rides not uploaded, and poor communication with apparently no will, to get the issues sorted.
I was told that Pabau integrates with Sage accounts (it doesn't)
I was told that there was no issue with Irish mobile numbers - when an issue arose, I was told that there might be an issue with some mobile numbers but they possibly couldn't identify this as they were Irish numbers, and received no further help.
I was reassured that my extensive database of GPs would be imported intact. In fact, entire swathes of data (GP telephone numbers and email addresses) have been removed. The addresses have had Ireland entered as a town, and United Kingdom as the country, which is incorrect.
I was reassured that there would be no problem using my existing Word templates, and that I would have full word processor functionality. This is absolutely not the case.

Pros

The product has a lot of potential, particularly relating to automating routine reminders, etc.
Patient photos function is very useful

Cons

There are significant issues around the medical history section, which for some reason cannot be removed from the iPad when a patient is given same, to complete a consent form. I consider it dangerous, that a patient can click into and alter their medical history - that is alter their medical record.
There is no ability to create and email a Word document or PDF from within the system. We are required to use a secure email system for correspondence with GPs and Hospitals, and thus cannot email directly from Pabau. The impossibility of producing anything other than the simplest of letters within the system, owing to the constraints on the Word templates, means that we have to engage a cumbersome of cutting and pasting email content to letters, an utter waste of time. My letter templated are largely pre-populated with content, which I edit and add to as required. Pabau allows me enter text to one point only in the middle of the document, rendering these templates obselete. This is very frustrating as I specifically asked when I interviewed Pabau, if I could continue using my templates as before, and was told that it would be "no problem"

Top Pabau Alternatives

Giorgia

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

Great software

I need to get accustomed more with it, but overall so far I have had a good experience. Thank you!

Pros

The software without doubt is vast but pretty much intuitive. After the initial training all made much more sense and if in doubt I can always watch again the recordings.
What I like the most is the integrated function to make your own marketing campaigns and the loyalty points you can give to your patients when they refer friends, without counting my practice is now paperless and I don't have to take folders with me in different clinics!

Cons

I would have preferred if the payment system could offer more methods rather than just Stripe.
This might be something the developers can look into it.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Giorgia!

The idea for more payment providers is excellent!

Carissa

Reviewed on 27/09/2021

One stop shop!!!

The reporting functions are a game changer!

Pros

Pabau is intuitive, user friendly and packed with features. We have researched the top 10 practice software programs and it by FAR out ways all the rest. SO EXCITED

Cons

We are only in the early stages of use but so far have not found anything that we don't like or can't find a work around for.

Cliniko, Nookal and coreplus

Reasons for Choosing Pabau

Our previous system was ok but we needed too many additional "add on's" in order to continue to grow our business and service our customers. Pabau is a one stop shop.

Cliniko

Reasons for Switching to Pabau

Pabau is innovative, intuitive, and will enable our business to continue to grow whilst creating a much better user experience for staff, clinicians and our clients.

Replied 01/10/2021
Sally
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

New user

Excellent support thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT],[SENSITIVE CONTENT],[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for your infinite patience and support- greatly appreciated.

Pros

Not being very tech savvy at all I was initially very daunted by changing clinic systems but with excellent support from all team members at Pabau they have enabled me to make my transition to Pabau and understand how to make the changes myself and finally feel in control of my marketing, patient’s medical records, invoices and calendar bookings. The integration of medical records, consent forms and ease of use i particularly like. I am excited to get to use more features as I progress.

Cons

Would like the option to be able to hold the I pad when using on the patient journey in landscape view or portrait depending on the stage.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Sally! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve on our community page.

Lisa

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

New User Review

as I’m new to Pabau and I have only scratched the surface but I already know that once i utilise all the functions (especially the marketing features) my business is going to grow so that I can do aesthetics full time.

Pros

I’ve tried several platforms for managing appointments, consent forms and clinic notes and i felt that they always lacked the marketing aspect. Pabau has everything under one platform and I especially like the client loyalty scheme as I’ve tried loyalty card which didn’t work as client were constantly loosing them to forgetting to bring them. I also like the marketing tool as i had always wanted to create a monthly news letter but didn’t know where to start. Looking forward to growing my business with Pabau.

Cons

I would be good if there were bite sized tutorials available on line to help set up the system and also to help clinics make the most of this amazing platform.

Forest Admin

Reasons for Switching to Pabau

A friend who uses Forest suggested i look at Pabau as she knows a lot of clinics who use it and said she thought it offered better value for money and she is considering switching.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Lisa ! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

We also offer free webinar on multiple topics for the system, find these in Setup-Training and register!

Replied 21/10/2021
Jadwiga

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Best CRM and scheduling system for physiotherapy clinics

With Pabau we have been able to focus on growing the business and stay in touch with our clients.

Pros

Easy integration with my business. The system provides good communication with my clients and saves me time.

Cons

Initially the marketing tools were not easy to use as I am not tech savvy, hoowever with the help of the friendly staff I am now able to use it with ease.

TM3

Reasons for Switching to Pabau

Excellent customer service, very friendly and helpful staff. Modern looking interface. A wide selection of features.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much ! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Replied 28/10/2021
Esra
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Comprehensive and professional

Great software. the technical and customer service team are always there to help.

Pros

It is easy to use and has all the tools necessary to run a saloon on a daily basis.

Cons

The learning curve takes some time and effort.

Ellie

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Good overall software

Overall experience has been good. Excellent customer service

Pros

It is really easy to book and manage appointments. Good for multiple members of staff and multiple treatments

Cons

We have experienced a couple of glitches when we have multiple locations. Fairly easy to resolve when we spot the errors.
The set up of treatments is quite long winded

Emma

Reviewed on 02/02/2021

Pabau Customer Service

Pros

Pabau offers excellent functionality from a sales and marketing perspective

Cons

It is a complicated system to set up. Pabau provide loads of tutorials but I feel that 1:1 set up support would have made for an easier integration.

Response from Pabau

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review.
Here at Pabau we have a support team that can help and guide you and that now respond in less than 2 minutes.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason!

We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training.
We will offer you use to set up a free one on one training session with a Expert trainer!

Replied 17/05/2021

Reviewed on 13/07/2020

Getting better......

Mixed bag. When it's good, it's great (just got into using the online Questionnaires and Consents, which were nowhere near as daunting as I thought they would be). The focus on client service has also greatly improved in recent times - the operators genuinely try to help, and are polite and courteous. The training webinars are a great idea too.

Pros

The integration of various facets of running our practice.

Cons

The down times, or the times when it lags significantly, which occur too often. Also, the basic SLA terms are limited, and even the more advanced SLA you can pay for only gives a certain (and fairly small) amount of cover. But of ocurse that wouldn't matter if there weren't downtimes, or slowness.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much!

We are in the process of building Pabau 2 which will be more powerful and faster in every aspect.

We have also worked to move many clinics to a designated domain and server to make sure thigs are faster and smoother than ever.

If you have any suggestions that you want to give for this do send them to our community page so the team can review them.

Reviewed on 02/02/2021

Great clinic software overall

We are able to easily record clinical data with Pabau, and able to use the CRM function to gain an understanding of our patient demographics. The support is exceptional

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and useful marketing tools. Support team is very friendly and approachable.
The software is feature-rich and the company continues to innovate and push the boundaries.

Cons

Lack of chat function to be able to communicate in real time with reception and other clinic rooms. This would be a great addition. Lack of integration with my preferred histology lab.
The software has gone down a couple of times, which is a real problem as we rely so heavily on it for consent taking and clinical notes. Having a backup in place fro when these outages happen would be good.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Daniel! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau.

If you have any ideas you want to share as you have mentioned do send them to our community page so the team can review them.

Kirsty

Reviewed on 01/08/2020

Great Software

Great customer care. I'm a night owl so even had replies from staff at 11pm which i was expecting the next day to answer questions. I wasn't pushed with a hard sell which was nice! Ive interacted with most staff as ive asked multiple questions daily as ive set the system up and always received a speedy helpful response. Very friendly, welcoming staff with great systemising and automation software!

Pros

I purchased this for when we reopen. I was considering taking a new member of staff on to do all the implementing and automation as well as stock control etc. all the bits I dont have time to do but purchased the software instead. It allows me to run reports at my own convenience. I enjoy that it ha content blocks on as i rent from various areas and I dont want them to access my performance and cash flow etc yet they can still book in my clients.
Im very visual and so is this program you can simple colour code, add clients and staff photos etc.

Cons

Its a little tricky to use at first but easy to learn. I am an android fan as ive had to purchase an ipad for clients journeys etc which was a pain so that i can use the app,

Mo

Reviewed on 29/09/2021

Comprehensive yet simple to use

All good.

Pros

Pabau software covers absolutely all our needs for a medical spa. We feel fortunate to have found a software that covers our requirements and more. As our business grows we find the software even more helpful to keep on top of bookings and medical records.

Cons

The software is good, no complaints but it would be nice to be able to pick up the phone and speak to someone when we have a problem and don't understand anything so that they can talk us through it.

Response from Pabau

Hi Mo

Thanks for taking the time to leave us the very positive review that you have.

In regards to picking up the phone, if you reach out on live chat and request a call, my team have been trained to immediately put in a call when requested. Although we withdrew inbound telephone support, we knew that some people prefer to speak on the phone, so the guys know its an expectation to call as soon as someone requests it. If you ever struggle to get through or get a callback, please email [email protected] our head of support and let him know.

Kane

Replied 22/10/2021
Kate

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

doctors practice

The paperless system is fantastic. We are a doctors practice and its a very busy practice. The system works extremely well. It saves time, its colourful and its extremely easy to use.

Pros

We are a small business with a staff of 5 and the system gives us all equal information at any time . Any of us can pick up on a lead and take over. Its calendar is fantastic as you can see at a glance the type of patients booked. It is a paperless system which has saved us hours of scanning in notes. You either right or left click on a patient booked to have access to there information. Its possible to do templates to personize the letters. Its also just so easy and logical to use.

Cons

The least favourite aspect is the help line contact via Email. It is a very good service but i do miss the face to face aspect when you have a problem or a phone call with some one to explain your problem However I will admit the glitches we have had have all been sorted quickly either in minutes or days. We had a problem putting the GP details on patient files but Pabau fixed this .

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much!
We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help or to request a call as well if that is easier for you!

Saied
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Great Software

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an excellent at his job and as part of the Onboarding Team he takes his role very seriously and was available at all times I got stuck - Thank you so much

Pros

Pabau is a complete practice management application and its right up our street - does what it says on the box and more. and love the features on the application, Very good online security and can manage all the services from one page, and the patient management is superb.

Cons

They need to intergrate other online payment option as STRIPE and our current provider means we have to cost to meet - yes I can cancel the other but we have a better deal with the current provider

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Saied!

The idea for more payment providers is excellent!

Alex

Reviewed on 22/02/2022

Great for marketing

Its been okay, the team are helpful but we found lots of teething problems and difficulties in setting it up.

Pros

Its great for marketing compared to our old software. Allows us really good automation and helps with making us seem more professional. Good that we can use referrals, loyalty and gift vouchers.

Cons

Its very difficult to set things up and test them. Alot of emails cannot just be tested like in mailchimp. And its very difficult that theres no easy templates to use, so when wanting something branded its extremely difficult to create what we want

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Alex! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve on our community page.

We love hearing from you!

We are always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training.

Feel free to email [email protected] to get free training so you can get the best out of it and have more ease of use!

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

Great training with alex

Overall reliable and many functionalities. Try to get as much training as possible to use it to its full potential

Pros

There are a lot of features with this software and it is worth persisting until you know how to use all of them as there are many functions condensed in 1 platform

Great training with Alex that now means we understand how to use this software far better than before

Cons

challenging to use and not the most intuitive

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Sarah! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Replied 15/04/2022
kelly
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

Complicated but worth it

Overall really good, once you get your head around it- I would definately recommend

Pros

Does everything we need- especially now with online booking and deposit taking. Everything in one place, and easy to access once set up.

Cons

Can be difficult to use, and complicated to set up. Don’t feel that get a lot of support

Response from Pabau

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review.

Replied 17/05/2021
Ruth

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

My review

Not a bad system

Pros

The privacy & logging of notes on files. Also the pabau support team are great. Always get back to me straight away.

Cons

Can be very slow at time. Can also crash at times which is not ideal in a busy clinic. Some parts have very roundabout ways of doing things.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much!
We are in the process of building Pabau 2 which will be much more stable, faster and powerful!

It will also have an improved reporting function!

Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve at out community page.

We are also happy to announce that we have just launched the Calendar 2 with new and improved functions with shifts and bookings as well as improved speed!

Replied 13/10/2021
Carla

Reviewed on 18/09/2021

C.J.Aesthetics Clinic

Pros

The ease of use. All patient records are kept secure with a PIN code and password protected. We are able to assess before and afters with ease. This programme has improved our clinic efficiency.

Cons

difficulty setting up new forms at times.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Carla! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Natalie

Reviewed on 28/11/2021

Nurse&Needle Aesthetics

Pabau staff (especially my onboarder Natalija and trained Joy) have been phenomenal. I’ve asked so many questions repeatedly because it’s quite difficult going paperless but they’ve both been fantastic.
So far I’m loving my experience!

Pros

This software is an excellent product. Pabau have really thought of everything when creating this software. The features are excellent and extensive and I love how many features are customisable.

Cons

The Pabau software is so big that for someone who isn’t an IT specialist it’s been and continues to be a challenge setting up all the features, forms, booking system etc especially as my clinic has a lot of services many of our patients book multiple treatments so I had to setup a lot of forms etc but once it’s running smoothly (it’s only been live a week) I’m hoping it will making my life a lot easier.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Natalie! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Mo

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

Pabau

Pros

Pabau is is easy and simple to use if you are not so tech savvy. I like the fact that I can pull out reports which helps me monitor how the business is functioning and a great tool for marketing. Also emails flyers and newsletter are simple and very easy to send.

Cons

having to change the password after a period of time. Its difficult create new passwords and remember which one you used last

Response from Pabau

The password reset is something we do recommend at a period of 80 days to improve security but do reach out to support on how to best do this part!

Replied 28/10/2021
Susan

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

Pabau Review

Average

Pros

Used it previously and therefore stuck to what I knew best

Cons

complicated and expensive and no one to answer calls when I need to speak to someone

Response from Pabau

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason!

Over the last 3 months our customer satisfaction ratings on our live chat have been above 95% with an average 1 minute first response time and 25 minutes to fully resolve issues. We have dealt with over 21,000 conversations in the last year, so hopefully you will not hesitate to contact us!

You can always request a call and one of our support team will be happy to call!