About Illumine

Illumine is a comprehensive childcare management software packed with all the functionalities of daycare & preschool owners. Directors and teachers can manage administrative reporting, program planning, manage billings, interactio...

Browse Illumine Reviews

Payal U. Payal U.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Awesome tool to track the progress of your child

SO far so good!!

Pros

ease of use, interacting with the teachers on a daily basis is very easy

Cons

I would like to see more details about what kind of food is my kid eating, how much did the kid eat, what was the teachers remarks for the day, and oh ... most important, may be add like live streaming that would be very helpful and comforting

Puja D. Puja D.

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Great Customer Service and Ease of Usage

Illumine team is very proactive in solving our issues at all hours. The app is very easy to use and has many features that will make life simple for both customers and school management

Pros

About the software - lots of features, easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with timely updates but they are taken up by team immediately

Response from Illumine Labs

Thanks, a lot for such a positive review. We really enjoy working with your team.

Replied 24/03/2020
Rashvirr H. Rashvirr H.

My experience with Illumine app

My overall experience with Illumine has been excellent as per the reasons given in the Pros section like ease of use and all necessary features in one package

Pros

I have loved the Illumine app ever since I started using it as it is very user friendly. My work has become so much simpler and less time consuming as it has all the necessary features in one package like student attendance, sharing documents, lessons and assignments, sharing photographs and videos, posting announcements and reminders and scheduling meetings.

Cons

No concerns as such except that sometimes I have to download the picture and open with software like Paint to convert to JPEG.

Top Illumine Alternatives

Google Classroom

KINDERPEDIA

OpenEduCat

Vikram M. Vikram M.

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

Camera views

Pros

The updates that we get regularly with pictures and information on activities is a positive

Cons

The camera views require me to individually select the view which takes time, it would be beneficial to have all camera views available or have an option for the parent to choose the camera views they'd like or use more often and have a single button to be able to see all the views in it

Response from Illumine Labs

Hello Vikram ,
Even we felt that our CCTV feature was lacking a punch and wasn't up to the mark. So we set our minions to work and revamped the whole suite. Please upgrade to the latest version to see the CCTV in exact way you described in the review

Replied 24/03/2020
Seaair S. Seaair S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Top Program

Pros

The most impactful features are the easy to navigate areas. To be honest when my IT personal were out, I didn't think I was able to handle this element of the Busniess. Once I started to use it , it became pretty easy to use with its simple navigation and help sections .I certainly recommend.

Cons

I thought it was great. Wish I had it sooner

Sudevan V. Sudevan V.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Ease of use

Pros

Can track all activities and documentation related to my child and his kindergarten

Cons

Certain functionality needs to improve. My wife and I are both users of the app. However we have to chat separately with the teachers. A group chat feature will be convenient so we don't have to repeat ourselves or send duplicate enquiries to the school.

Poonam P. Poonam P.

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

Complete solution for Preschool & Childcare management, highly recommended!

Gives you all the features in one package, easy to deploy, 100% support at any given time, open to suggestions and incorporating them

Pros

User friendly, clean and attractive interface, awesome features

Cons

I cannot think of anything. The product suits our requirements perfectly

Tanusree P. Tanusree P.

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Best App for preschoolers value for money

Very good experience using this app for preschool from home daily for my 4 years old son

Pros

Easy to use, fast and responsive , easy to navigate, robust

Cons

not any such observed till now.It will be nice to see past assignments in lesson plan easily.

Jenn S. Jenn S.

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Use for Zoom Preschool

Pros

I like how easy it is to log on and to switch seamlessly to Zoom for meetings.

Cons

Downloading and printing lesson plans is SO complicated and takes too many steps.

Shauncey B. Shauncey B.

End user of software

Pros

I’m an end user of this software and I enjoy it’s ease of use!

Cons

There were some initial glitches but were soon resolved

Ayush G. Ayush G.
  • Industry: Investment Banking

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

Nice App

Pros

Ease of browsing, dashboard and notifications

Cons

It takes time to get refreshed with latest information

Aswathi C. Aswathi C.

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Easy and simple tool to use

Pros

It is very user friendly and I use it everyday.

Cons

More features can be added to this software.

Palak M. Palak M.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Review for Education Curriculum Plan

Pros

The reach and thinking involved included most areas that can be touched upon.

Cons

Some detailing isn't available, filters of searches, curriculum library is not as easy as per our plan.

Jason B. Jason B.

Reviewed on 30/11/2021

Life saver for online learning platform business

We are solving the problems mentioned above, re: excessive overhead / time spent doing what should be built-for already on the backend in running an online education platform.

Pros

1 year ago, before we implemented Illumine, I as the CEO and my former Head of Marketing had to handle tons of customer support tickets ourselves; and then, we had to hire 2 then a 3rd Support rep at $3000/month nearly in the Philippines. Just for something we knew was resulting from customers struggling to get into their Zoom class each day. Customers left because they were tired of the technical difficulties and annoyance of having to ask Support for things daily. Illumine was an all-in-one automated, streamlined, simplified answer to all that.

Cons

The fact that it does NOT replace the need for Google Sheets, Stripe, and my CRM completely. I think if it enabled us to fully market, sell, manage classrooms / customer relations, and handle billing all in-house, that could be very valuable. But you can't necessarily expect too much from any 1 SaaS tool either...

Poonam G. Poonam G.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 05/04/2021

The great virtual classroom software

I liked it . Simply awesome.

Pros

User-friendly virtual classroom platform for Students. Very Easy to use.

Cons

Need little bit improvement on Photo and Scroll through system.

Juhi A. Juhi A.

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

A good software for childcares

A lot of paper is saved. Also a lot of followups on emails, SMS are saved by using this product. The experience has been great and their support team at times has gone out of their way to help. Overall the experience has been great.

Pros

I like their billing system as I used to lose a lot of paper invoices before. It used to taxation issues at the end of the year. All the receipts are now available in my mail as well as in the app. The live streaming/CCTV feature is great as it lets me see my kid once in a while when I am at work. Also, I can share medical and food notes in the app and I don't have to follow up with the teachers to see if they have completed it or not. Also since I do not use other social media that much I used to miss out event photos previously which I am now able to see in their app.

Cons

There is no option to mark a photo as favourite. Since the school shares many photos I hope they give an option to mark a photo or a video as a favourite.

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for your review. We got your review today and coincidentally we released the favorite feature too!! Once you receive the update you will be able to use this feature

Replied 26/03/2020
Roopa M. Roopa M.

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

Using for KinderGarden

Its a good experience can be little more improved ,Good job team :)

Pros

Update,Activities,Consult tab for raising concerns,leaves & teachers notes ,Calendar events to check for upcoming events/announcements.
Photos to keep checking my kids photos they keep posing in parents absence it will add an excitement as a parent

Cons

Till creche has to get implement or use of many features like fee payments,live streaming and so on .
This will add a wonderful experience hassle free tasks

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for taking your time out and reviewing us ma'am. We support payments, live streaming and bus tracking, etc. But your school hasn't enabled these features on our app. We will reach out to your school to share this feedback and also request you to do the same :)

Replied 23/03/2020
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

Real-time notifications are a godsend!

Peace of mind

Illumine is a Godsend! There are so many features to love and I don't know where to start! Firstly, you can create and send invoices to parents and manage all the billing transactions as well.

Pros

I can update the parents on their little one’s mealtimes, naps, diaper changes, and bathroom visits.

The end of the day reports can make parents anxious because they are unable to communicate with the daycare center through the day, but illumine allows us to constantly keep them notified.

We can send the reports to parents and receive their signatures without any hassle.

Cons

None for now, there are no negatives as of now present in this app

Nikhil S. Nikhil S.

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Illumine is great and long way to go!

Illumine replaced the handwritten diary notes from my child’s school. I was assured by the school that I will get continuous updates. I was not disappointed. I am able to check the food menu every day and accordingly decide whether to send the meal or not. Previously I had to followup with the teachers about the medicine notes for my child. Now I simply have to log on and log a medicine note.

Pros

I simply love their medicine and concern section in the app. It saves lot of effort on both on my side and the teacher side.

Cons

They can improve their push notifications. At times it comes with a delay. I have raised it to them and they have said they are working on it

Varun P. Varun P.

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

User Friendly

i would give 4 stars out of five. So that you guys can continue to improve the application and make sure it's best in class.

Pros

-- UI of the application is good,
-- User-friendly and easy to navigate even though there are a lot of content/windows within the app.

Cons

There is still room for improvement. for Example
- Font size can be increased a little bit.
- It's not a con but at times certain pages look a bit cluttered.
- If we can customize the dashboard or if there could be a better way for dashboard layout that would be good

Vandana T. Vandana T.
  • Industry: Banking

Parent of user

Pros

Ease of use. Lesson plans needs to be improved

Cons

Lesson plans is exhausting to access.
The Ux /ui needs to improve

Gaurav D. Gaurav D.

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

Vivero School User

The application is good.

Pros

The features are good but needs some updates. Please read the comment in the next question.

Cons

1. The way we scroll through the updates is not very convenient.
2. Within the Student profile-> Photos-> There is no option to delete the already uploaded photos. Why is this feature missing.
3. A dashboard kind of view is missing.

Brendan J. Brendan J.

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Quite good for what it's be being used as.

Quite happy and was wondering if there will be options for primary and secondary schools

Pros

During these days of learn from home, it has helped bridge the gap between the school and it's students.

Cons

Help files for using the various options should be easy to locate and if it had a popup tip or help it would have been great.

Anubandhan S. Anubandhan S.

Illumine User Review

except search, excellent.

Pros

Lots of books and good overall experience of Audio books.

Cons

Search feature, sometimes books are there but don't show up on search also an exact match of books is required, not necessarily all parents might know the name of Author or book.

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

One stop shop for managing your kid’s journey in the school

Provides great control and functionality to parents saving us a lot of admin time

Pros

Actuvity and attendance tracker, transportation etc

Cons

Some of the features can be improved in terms of user exp