About Mindbody

Mindbody is a cloud-based club management and appointment scheduling solution designed for the needs of small to midsize businesses. The product is primarily used by gyms, fitness and personal training centers, salons, spas and...

Browse Mindbody Reviews

2,182 of 2,182 reviews
Tatiyana B.

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

I like it but..

Mindbody sets a high bar for business software. But unfortunately their quality of customer services does not match the high premium you pay. There are definitely softwares out there that will suit exactly what you are looking for with a support team that is willing to help you in every way at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Mindbody is like driving a fully loaded Mercedes Benz. Looks pretty. Has all the features. Very custom and detailed.

Cons

Con: way too expensive. customer service plummeted. Not accommodating. Does not matter if you are a long term customer I feel like I am just a number and they could care less if they lose you as a customer or not.

Square Appointments, Booker, Vagaro and Rosy

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

I outgrew schedulicity and needed more features that they weren't offering at the time.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

Because Mindbody at the time was an all inclusives software with all the features I was looking for and the price was amazing when I first signed up in 2015.
Edward S.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

No Longer Suitable for Music Teacher; Expensive for Small Businesses

I have used MindBody for nearly 15 years, both as an administrator and staff/user, and I used to work in software. I used to love them and, early on, I would frequently recommend them to colleagues - the deployment phase was exceptional.

However, they are not the company them once were - nor is their software as attractive, simple to use, or innovative as it used to be. The user-interface is very tired-looking, they are focused on up-selling to bigger clients who can afford and ignoring the smaller clients of which I am one. (Their costs are £100-450pcm basic, plus an additional £199 pcm for an almost essential mobile app, which puts it well out of range for a small business.

Probably, importantly, the functionality is also possibly geared around larger yoga, hair-salons, gyms, etc. I am a music teacher. I think it's time I looked at a more tailored music teaching option.

Pros

Excellent support at deployment stage; good customer service response times; very friendly staff; used to be market leaders; possibly good functionality but only available at premiums packages

Cons

Old-fashioned user-interface (very web v.1); very expensive; limited functionality compared to competition (good functionality only available at premiums packages); current business model seems to be selling 'tailored' mobile apps at £199 pcm, which we all know is off-the-shelf code painted a different colour and without enough modifiable options to justify the expense).

No longer market leaders; unaware of competition; mixed staff knowledge (their recent expansion means too many employees have severely limited knowledge, and I frequently get passed around 'experts' or stuck re-explaining my issues).

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

I chose MindBody 10 years ago when there weren't many better alternatives or industry-specific alternatives. There now are considerable options for music teaching software so I fear I must bid MindBody goodbye...
Miguel E.

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Mindbody is slower and expensive

It was the worst experience, afther that company, I had hired another that did the programming in 2 days and I was using it in 3 days at the 50% of the cost.

Pros

It has several tools, I don't have a lot of good things to say about. I don't want to lie just to fill a form.

Cons

It is expensive, the customer support is 24 hrs later, if you are in America you need to wait at least 24 hrs to solve your issue. You have to program your platform and I spend at least 3 weeks and the person in customer service said that it has take minimum one week to one month. You spend money and time programming it instead focus in produce more money.

Top Mindbody Alternatives

Theresa O.

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

It is OKAY

I think until recently we were thinking of switching to something else that is more reasonably priced. I stayed on and am now using the new marketing software. We will see if it helps automate our business more.

Pros

I like that it has an app and that our clients can easily sign up. Also, the billing makes it easy for a small business like ours.

Cons

We have been using MINDBODY for the last 3 years. I just think it is okay and think there are so many other products out there that have come out that might be better. My biggest gripe is the cost. I wish it scaled more with how big our fitness business is. We have a small business and don't do a lot of volume but in order to get the marketing features we have to pay a huge premium. I also was bothered that that they just increase costs by a lot after we used it for a year and never gave any training about the new features that we HAD to pay for. I don't like that their actual internal network and app don't help get new clients. DON'T ever pay for that feature as it takes a percentage from the sale. You are much better off doing your own sales and marketing.

Vagaro

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

It seems to be the most widely used in the business
Jeffrey B.

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

MindBody Software Suite with Branded App

Overall experience was grueling and constantly defeating to my business operations. Joining Mindbody was a poor decision in many facets. The software suite works directly against your business by directing (through email marketing etc.) new members to use the "Non-Branded" app when you already have the Branded App. The Mindbody App sends deals from other fitness studios to your customers via the Mindbody App. This isn't good for retention. If a customer want to skate around your regular member prices, the Non-Branded App offers discounts to your already regular customer (not just new customers), creating instant revenue losses when trying to gain new customers. Customer Care/Service representatives knew less about the MindBody suite than I did since I have used the software longer than the representatives that were supposed to be assisting. The integrated software for payments which ease the use of processing and tracking is a "catch 22". If your card on file for Mindbody payments expires, which happens periodically; MindBody will just shutdown your site and you cannot operate in any capacity or function. No phone call message to let you know. If this happens, you will have an onslaught of fixes because the Mindbody system will disassociate your confirmation phone numbers with your customers and they will no longer be able to confirm appointments. You will have to manually push any missed autopays etc.

Pros

The best pert of MindBody was the Branded App. One touch at the fingertips for purchases by the customer.

Cons

Constant updates that caused issues for booking, purchasing and retaining customers. My email box was virtually packed with issues that MindBody caused from an update to the app. "A fix to fix the problem caused by the fix for a problem we fixed" could be the Moto!

Rosalinda L.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

MINDBODY Review

Currently using mindbody to manage:
our clients and collect payments.
KPI reporting
Would like more upgrades to better manage inventory reports.

Pros

It is very user friendly and can get to the detail needed to successfully manage clients.

Cons

When you ask for software upgrades or make suggestions you never know if you are heard and if something will be done. There really is no voice to say we hear you. I would also suggest MB periodically reach out to different levels of users and ask for specific software feedback.
Also do not like that you are only allowed to update branded app photos once a year and you cannot send out push notifications that are not active purchasing links.

WellnessLiving

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

The mindbody platform is more inspiring and overall I felt they were more committed to helping me and my business grow.
William G.

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

Pros

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

Cons

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it.

Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one.

What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Molly S.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 14/03/2017

Miracle Software

MindBody is the admin assistant I've always needed and could never before afford. In the first three months of using it I DOUBLED my income. My clients can schedule, cancel, reschedule, sign up for classes and pay online- that alone saves me at least two hours a day that I no longer have to be on the phone, I can be working! Or playing with my family, or a million other things rather than sitting on a phone or on email. Just the ability to take credit cards (all of them) increased my pay; there's a feature when the client pays which asks if they want to leave a tip and offers different percentages or a custom amount...and when asked if they want to leave a tip, more people do so! Seriously my average went from 65 to 90 each session. Clients can buy gift cards online and print them out immediately, that's a nice feature for those last minute gift givers, and they are again asked if they want to leave a tip... it's crazy how quickly my income skyrocketed. I'm beyond grateful.

OH and the best part. MindBody's customer service. I was actually offered a lower rate with another company (we'll call them Circle so I don't offend the real company) but Circle was terrible. With Circle, I waited fifteen months to get the rate I was promised and I was constantly tossed back and forth in emails and phone calls as Circle passed blame and did nothing to help my business. So I checked out MindBody. And they walked me through the software, the setup, how to use it, they even showed me how to customize everything for my business! We're talking 45 minute phone calls with this awesome customer service associate (Rep- he's so calm and intelligent and researches every question you have) EVERY WEEK until I felt comfortable using MindBody. I was terrified after trying Circle, but MindBody gave me the software, the skills, the customization, the feedback- did I mention you can run reports at any time to figure profit and taxes and such?- and as of today I stand to TRIPLE my income this year. Thank God I didn't give up after Circle. Thank God I found MindBody.

I realize I'm typing in stream-of-consciousness, I realize I'm beyond excited, but for a single mother of three running her own business who had learned to live just below the poverty level, to make such a leap in income, to have such powerful and professional software, to have the unwavering support and knowledge base of an entire team of people at MindBody- it's overwhelming. Miracle Software.

Pros

MindBody customer support is AWESOME! It's the reason I stay with MindBody, though Square offers a lower rate to NCBTMB members such as myself- square's customer support is awful. In contrast stands Max Malle. Remember that name. Best customer service rep I've ever known. He and the others go above and beyond their jobs- you can feel their sincerity. Oh and I've doubled my income and am set to triple it this year because the software does SO MUCH WORK for me. It's my administrative assistant that I only pay $ a month for! It rocks.

Cons

Hm. Well, I have yet to figure out the difference between signing someone up for a yoga class and signing them in to a yoga class, so maybe differentiating that in the program's wording would help. OH and for those of us who use our phones exclusively, not a computer, when using the software, it would be lovely if the phone programming held everything just like the computer programming does. Hmmmmm .... OH and sometimes late at night my schedule disappears completely from my phone. It shows up as blank, which is frightening, but in the morning it's back to normal. Maybe you guys are working on it then?

Response from MINDBODY

Thank you for your review, Molly!

Replied 03/08/2018
Randall F.

Reviewed on 01/01/2017

Not as good as they think they are

I have been using Mind Body for 5 yrs. I am a single practitioner Registered massage therapy clinic. I am very computer savvy. I have used several practice management software and have contributed to UI development of two of them. At the time of sign up I had completed an exhaustive search on Clinic management apps. The two that came out on top for me were Mind/Body and another one. I went with MB because their salesman misrepresented their tech's ability to export my data. In the end, they couldn't do it. He also signed me up at the wrong price for my situation and it cost me extra $ for months.

I decided to continue with MB without my previous client database. The back end of the software is extremely complicated and took quite a while to get things to work right.

They seem to feel they are the best solution out there, they clearly haven't looked closely at the other providers and how my clients could interact with the software which is overly complicated, I have numerous clients who won't work with MB and call or text. (there will always be some who won't use it no matter the design)

They are committed to using Flash (outdated) if you want to use an iPhone or iPad you have to use their apps instead of the site being HTML5 or cross platform compatible. It also doesn't work well with Safari.

The CRM is poorly designed and their premium Soap notes are a joke in comparison to what the competition like Booker, Jane app, Soap Vault. and many more offer. Their Auto emails don't handle embedded HTML correctly and are completely broken at the moment and fill my email with content not linked to.

You can't collate, print or export client notes or soap notes. I have to copy and paste my notes into word to create a medical-legal report.

Pros

Great 24hr customer service support.
Wide range of features.
Conventions, classes, and online training on how to use their product and market your practice better
Reasonably easy to run your practice once you are set up.
Good consumer awareness of the apps so you can be found through their network of providers.
A good set of reports to understand and analyze your business.

Cons

Over priced. If a corporation can have an Igo they are conceited and not fully aware of their competition and how they are being bettered by other companies that didn't have to spend millions of dollars last year to deliver what they are offering.

Raised my rates 60% in two price increases over the last 6 month period.
The initial salesman made false promises.
Overly complicated user interface both for potential clients and for service providers.
No automatic booking assistance that keeps dead spaces to a minimum.
Poor Contact Relation management compared to much less expensive software.
Pushed expensive 3rd party upgrades for components that should have been included in the price.
They don't have a well-developed place to create treatment notes, can't print, collate or export the notes you do create. Not PIPA compliant (Standards of patient privacy)
Can't bill or track insurance billing and payments.
Takes forever to fix something broken in their software. Promised features and then took 2-3 years to deliver features.

Melissa U.

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

I wish it was more user friendly. You have to go thru a lot of screens and clicks

This is the only software I've ever used for this so I have no idea what else is out there...

Pros

I like the tabs. The call help is great and almost always helpful. I also like the help chat so I can save the transcript and go back if I can't remember how I fixed something.

Cons

should be more simplified. have all of the pricing options, price making together. have like with like, all of the events/workshops/courses/enrollments should be together on the same screen. It took me hours to figure out how to add a course, mostly b/c I couldn't find the course tab anywhere near anything that made sense. why it's under manager tools... and not services and pricing with the classes and enrollments is confusing to me. I even used your help button and couldn't find the course management b/c I didn't know what it was called and had to search it in obscure ways in order to finally see course! I've used quickbooks for years in previous jobs and it is so easy to use! I wish MBO was more like that. I would also like to be able to add an hourly pay rate for staff. we offer teacher trainings and pay the teachers hourly for training and a different hourly rate for mentor meetings. IThat way when I run my payroll report I would have everything on it. Now I have to keep a separate sheet with any extra work teachers do. Even a "general journal" type option would suffice.

Sara J.

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

Day Spa usage ~ When it's good, it's very good ~ When it's bad, it's horrid

Pros

Scheduling appointments is much easier than our previous system, when the site is functioning properly. Running payroll and reports is much easier than our previous system.

Cons

Frequent service interruptions - system was down for 3 hours one day, causing delays in bookings, checking in and payment processing. It is very hard to ask a client if they don't mind if we charge a credit card for service after they have left (when system functions again) or asking people if we can call them back to schedule an appointment because system is down. I had been calling periodically for over 2 weeks because of lag time on site, customer service blamed it on our internet provider (Charter). After our outage, they admitted that they had problems with a software update and were pulling it back to fix bugs. This would have been nice to know from the beginning. I would love to switch software, but it seems that all booking software has issues and the time it takes to import data and appointments may not be worth it. My hope is that Mindbody works out the bugs and can figure out a way to maintain functionality of it's site. Also, when calling customer service, they generally look up an answer on their own Help site - which I have already read. Seems like everyone is scripted, not actually trained in technical support.

Alicia M.

Reviewed on 19/12/2020

Not a great system for massage/ spa

Support is absolutely awful-- they take all day to get back to you and if you miss the call you have to call back and go through the whole process again, most of the people I have talked to in the past 6 months did not know the answers to my questions and had to show me the support articles ( That I already read!!) I think I am more knowledgeable in some areas of the software than the people I can talk to over the phone! The system is not user-friendly, and the credit card rates are high. Also, clients can book on the MINDBODY app and not have to give their credit card numbers. It's great that new clients can find us, but most of our no-shows are clients without credit cards that booked on that app, and they end up getting out of having to pay a no show/ late cancellation charge.

Pros

Scheduling app for clients to purchase and schedule

Cons

So difficult to navigate, the page refreshes all of the time, client profile is a mess, client forms aren't great, clients book whenever they want--it never tries to optimize the schedule or book appts close together, training staff is a nightmare- its so difficult to train and learn and use, problems with partial refunds which mean you have to refund everything, including tip ad rerun- refunds don't work from the poynt systems most of the time, expensive hardware that usually doesn't last for more than a year. Their chip readers/ POYNT systems were OVER $800 each, plus shipping charges.

Chelsea M.

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Mindbody Review

Our overall experience has been truly great. The customer service staff are excellent and they almost always have a good answer for us and a way to make business easier for us when we need to call to get help from them. The app is beautiful and the Mindbody team really does an excellent job supporting it's customers and marketing them all (from little guys like us, to huge brands worldwide).

Pros

It is fairly user friendly, and there are a lot of tutorials which are great for helping my staff and I find the answers for questions without needing to call and contact a customer service representative. I like that you can use it for multiple types of appointments/services all in one place, instead of needing different software to support each one.

Cons

Some things are not super user friendly. There seem to be places where there are quite a few "work arounds" that need to happen in order for us to achieve the outcome we are looking for, and that makes it confusing for the client and for our staff. I feel there isn't always just ONE single way to do something, which makes training new staff a bit more difficult. The price is also a little high. With the increase this year it has been an adjustment for our business since we are a pretty low priced fitness studio, but overall it has still been worth the investment for having everything managed in one place.

Ina L.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 04/11/2016

The Biggest Misconception

is that MB is a software for Spas. It's primarily constructed for Yoga and gym type business. Ive bee with them for about a year and have spent tens of thousands, configuring, fixing and attempting work arounds to get things to work. We came to MB with over 40,000 active clients and the transition cost a ton of money. If you have a subscription or autopay type business than it works. But their merchant vendor charges based on manually entered credit card numbers each month. Which charges more even though it's a snapshot run on an autopay. Their Engage app is deficient in that you cannot sell services, gift cards or autopays from it. Gift Cards in small volume is OK but many deficiencies. Basically a great tool for yoga but for a high volume business? Not close. Their support staff is handcuffed and you can tell it's frustrating for them. They make changes and improvements to the system based on how many complaint's they receive. W e are not a yoga studio so the work orders we submit fall on deaf years. We are a 20+ year old healing center. I don't know if we have the strength to change management software again. Great for yoga but NOT designed for spas.

Pros

Appointments Scheduling, Email confirmations, Consumer access (Browser only).

Cons

Gift Card redemption's are difficult, Discounting / Promotion options work intermittently, App does not allow purchasing (huge loss in revenue), Payroll reporting is inaccurate (does not save configuration, which causes over payments) , Forced merchant Servicing, Forced keyed processing (Expensive), Forced PCI Compliance (Quarterly). This software is not designed for Day Spas, Healing Centers, Massage houses etc. Not designed for high volume business. It was designed for Yoga studios and gym type business.

Maika E.

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Unjustified and unreasonable repetitive price increase

Having been a loyal customers for 3 years, and having accepted without complaining the numerous price increases, I feel cheated.

Pros

It was a robust software until they decided to cancel all the great features in my package.

Cons

Consistent price increase without additional features or software upgrades. This time, with a two months notice, they announced that if you wanted to keep the same features as before, you had to pay more- which I refused. So I stayed with a monthly package and lost most features which made me choose Mindbody from the first place. The functionalities now are those of a very basic online booking software, and for the price I'm paying, I'd rather look for cheaper alternatives. It took me 3 months to set up the software, what a waist of time.

Response from MINDBODY

HI Maika-

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with MINDBODY. We value the years you've spent with us.
In early 2018, we repackaged our software based on the common features that our customers used to ensure that no business was paying for features they didn't use or need.
We do see that you were able to connect with a member of our team to select our Essential package, but if you do need any of the features of our Accelerate package, we do encourage you to consider moving up to that tier.

Replied 07/08/2018
Tera S.

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Top Notch Customer Service

MB is our business' everything. We utilize scheduling, time clocks, reporting, POS, inventory, payment processing and more. I can't imagine running my business with out it!

Pros

I love that there is always a solution to any pain point I run across regarding scheduling, reporting, analytics, etc. And that if I can't find it the Help center usually answers my questions!

Cons

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed because it does so much!!!

Aurora G.

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Easy to Use as a Gym Member !

Overall I've had an excellent experience as a gym member with MindBody. It makes the gym more organized and helps me enjoy the classes without being overcrowded!

Pros

Since the gym that I've been going to for about three years was relatively new, at first we did not have any sort of class booking system. This was a bit hectic when there were many people that wanted to join a class and then got there and found out they would have to wait for the next one. Once the gym started using MindBody, the whole organization was way better. I was able to reserve the class I wanted to attend directly from the app off of my phone and knew that I wouldn't be unsure if I had to wait for another class. What I like most about MindBody was the easy to use booking system. I could just find the date and time slot and reserve. Then I would arrive at the gym and confirm my presence off their iPad and done!
Now that the physio clinic opened upstairs, they have also used MindBody and it's been an overall great experience.

Cons

I honestly don't have any negative experience with the software since it's very up to date information and super easy to use.

Denny T.

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Mindbody review

The over all experience have been pretty good. There is always improvements that can be made especially with appointment based businesses

Pros

I think the software is a greeting scheduling tool. Being able to book on multiple platform and see what is and is not available is wonderful. Being able to look at multiple reports help keep us on track for multiple goals and keeps us progressing towards the future

Cons

The thing I have trouble with is that having an appointment based business some appointment go into the negatives. Mean clients may have sessions in their account but the lose them and the system looks at it as a negative when they have not used those sessions.
Also scheduling multiple session the credited sessions may skip to other session even though they have not been checked out the session they are in for that day (for example they have an appointment for 11/16. try to check them out say they don't have sessions. look a few weeks ahead they have sessions on 12/6 and 12/8, it skips over a few weeks )

Shay A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 13/02/2017

Fredrick keeps my current clients coming back!

The idea of Fredrick is very interesting. If we were to pay a person to do the work this software does they would charge no less than the 13/hr at least, Fredrick only charges 149/month and It's constantly on and targeting different customers for the services they like. It keeps reminding them to come to our business. I know other business owners who have a marketer or try to do this work themselves but that would cost more time and money. My favorite feature is the "feedback reviews", it helps us know how we are doing internally and we are doing good, so it's nice to hear how happy our customers feel. Lastly, Fredrick has its own extensions so they track who calls and clicks because of Fredrick emails and texts and it's a large amount of the people we see each day. Even if they're not interested in the offer they still had a reminder of our business and made them call or want to come by.

Reminders
Extension trackers
Smart marketing
Doesn't bother my customers

Cons

You can't create your own campaign with pictures I wish they had a tab that looked like picmonkey.com and you can create a promotional postcard and then click promote and it would text/email to everyone.

Leah J.

Reviewed on 08/09/2018

We LOVE MindBody!

At the time we began working with MindBody (5 years ago!), we had been managing our student database with Excel. At that time, we had about 350 students. I was running credit cards individually each month - for hours! We now have 550 students and I wake up on the 15th of the month and my work has been done for me!

Pros

MindBody has endless possibilities. Every time we decide to do something new or extract reports, we are pleasantly surprised that MindBody already has that feature built in! The support is phenomenal. The video support is fantastic and I can usually answer my own question without having to get on the phone or wait til morning. We are so pleased with every aspect.

Cons

Took lots of time to learn and customize to our own way of doing business. Most of the time was spent with an extremely patient personal assistant. I am not tech savvy and not young. They took time with me and I never was made to feel inept (something I wish my kids could learn!). They answered endless questions and made absolutely sure that I was well versed.

Victor T.

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

The Best, Hands Down!

Pros

The features that this software offers help make running a business much easier, and most importantly grow your business. There are no other softwares like it.

Cons

With a magic wand, I would make adjustments to being able to schedule couple's appointments, create a payroll report that included PNL format. More accuracy on cost per service.

MassageBook

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

MINDBODY was recommended to me by a colleague who is a genius at business. It was no brainer coming from him.
Courtney H.

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

Not easy to use by all.

Pros

A few years ago the MInd & Body software was introduced to our office at the dance studio I helped run. OUr team saw the great benefits of adding an easy to use system that would help eliminate paperwork during the dance registration season. Our team was really receptive to the new technology, as it helped generate lists and streamline communication. The customer service team also helped build a database that was very customized to our dance programs (even though the program has several elements of setup due to complexities).

Cons

Although this system was very useful for us (as we were more experienced using technology), it was very difficult to use by many of our clients (due to lack of technology knowledge or experience). This caused clients creating multiple profiles in attempt to register their children for classes... which ultimately caused my work for us in the back-end. Also, when clients were to register for an incorrect class, they were unable to remove this class on their own. It would have been very helpful was available for clients before they submit their final class list.

Erica S.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Tries to do it all, and ends up mediocre.

Mindbody helped manage the weekly class schedule in multiple studio locations, and had a clean sales interface.

Pros

Mindbody does a great job displaying ongoing, weekly class offerings and seamlessly integrating the class schedule with customer signup and payments. You don't have to create (and update!) a static calendar on your website, or have a clunky Google Calendar plugin - Mindbody instantly updates the weekly calendar of classes, so nothing is outdated or difficult to read.

Mindbody does a good job helping staff manage and track inventory and check out customers who purchase physical items in your studio or store. You can also run daily sales reports and use the software for cash drawer closeout.

Mindbody can be used for tracking staff hours, and shows when a manager has corrected staff hours after the fact (i.e. when your staff forgets to clock in).

Cons

Having one-time classes, workshops, and events? While these can be a great source of income and publicity, you'll probably have to handle them outside of Mindbody. Your guest teacher or special topic will not show up on the regular class schedule unless you create it as a "class," rather than as an "event."

The software is difficult for most front-desk staff to use - whether they're checking a student in for their class, or switching users to complete a sale, Mindbody is slow and not intuitive. Training staff on how to clock in/out, how to ring up/void a sale, how to check in clients, and how to close out the cash drawer should be easy to do and difficult to mess up. Unfortunately, Mindbody isn't intuitive or fast in any of these areas.

The ability to customize the user interface and the ability to run reports are almost non-existent in Mindbody, so you'll probably have to use Excel or printouts to help manage these areas.

Response from MINDBODY

Hi Erica-

Thank you for your feedback about your experience using MINDBODY. We're continuously working on improving our software, and reviews like yours help guide our team.

Replied 06/03/2018
Chandra H.

Reviewed on 08/12/2017

Easy to learn, difficulty with functionality at times immediately following updates.

Pros

It is really all in one, and we love having multiple platforms available. However, we probably love the fact that MB is always ahead of the trend in introducing concepts like dynamic pricing, more than we like the actual software at this point in time.

Cons

Payroll & reporting in general- it is clunky and time consuming to navigate. Payroll is very outdated and would be helpful if it were structured similar to payroll reporting like that in the retail industry. Proper timekeeping will become increasingly important as boutique studios find success and expand into multi-location. Corporations are often targeted with labor lawsuits, and as it is set, payroll is not effective. Also, a more effective P&L report with up to date cash flow would be a bonus.

We LOVE everything mobile!!! More please! However, sometimes mobile software is so well written that it overrides the desktop version or branded app functionality.

Kate L.

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Love MindBody and Loving the Updates

Pros

What I Iove most is the ability to use MBO for sales, reporting, and booking. The fact that this all happens within one platform is incredibly helpful. I also love that MBO has continued to improve their offerings each year. I’ve used the platform since 2013 and have loved seeing new and exciting ways to help grow my business.

Cons

1) Some of the graphics on client profiles and reports are a bit dates. The app functionality has an incredible user experience as does all front-facing technology. On the backend, it can feel a bit clunky to move through client profiles and run sales reports. If the forms were a bit elevated and modernized and provided the same UX to businesses as to customers that would be great.

2) Wish list item would be for MBO to have an automated email program directly integrated (like Infusionsoft or another CRM system) rather than having to go to an outside email system.