RingCentral Video Reviews

About RingCentral Video

RingCentral Video is a cloud-based video conferencing solution designed to help businesses conduct meetings and enable team members to share documents, collaborate, edit files and manage multiple users in a centralized platform....

Browse RingCentral Video Reviews

Guiliana
Guiliana
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

RingCentral for meetings

Ringcentral meetings give us the opportunity to connect with our clients in an effective way. Also, it s great to use inside our company to connect our offices over the world.

Pros

I´ve been using RingCentral at work since I got hired in the Company. For me it has been an important tool since the majority of our clients are contacted via telephone conferences. Also, ringcentral is very helpful for us because we have 2 main locations Miami and Bogota and we use it to comunicate between both offices the entire day. Ringcentral is very helpful in situations in which you need to connect your clients with people in different offices. Even if you don´t use the video feature you know who is speaking because the name of the person appears in the entire screen (which is super usefull if you are connected which several persons at the same time). I had also use it via cellphone and it is super easy to use, you only need to call a particular number and then mark the code of the meeting, for me this is important in cases when I have a meeting but I´m in the middle of traffic or something similar. Ringcentral also offers you the opportunity to share your screen so everyone in the meeting can see your presentations and you can even give them the control of your screen so they can make changes directly to any document if you need it, we use this feature between the teams in Bogota and Miami and it is super usefull because we can work in several things at the same time.

Cons

I don´t have any complaints about this software, for me it has been very helpful.

Angelo
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 25/01/2023

Outstanding Experience with RingCentral Video

I have been using RingCentral Video for a few months now and have had a great experience overall. The interface is user friendly and the quality of the video and sound is clear. It is also really easy to set up and use.

Pros

RingCentral Video is a great video conferencing tool that is easy to use, with a fast connection, and great quality sound and video.

Cons

The one downside to RingCentral Video is that it can be a bit expensive for businesses with more than a few users.

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Not a big fan

Everyone knows Zoom, so RingCentral bundling that product with their VoIP services seems like a deal. It isn't in my opinion. The RingCentral client is clunky and has constant updates that need applied. They are replacing this with another internal tool, but, unless you have no other options, this would not be a top pick.

Pros

This comes bundled with VoIP subscriptions with RingCentral, it's Zoom - rebranded and with fewer features

Cons

Your participants must install a RingCentral Meetings client. Web participants have no features. Not an easy to use tool like Meet or Zoom. If all of your participants are using the same solution, then it isn't as frustrating. However, most people in the world prefer to use more common apps, and don't want to

Top RingCentral Video Alternatives

Bruce

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

RingCentral - Great tool for virtual meetings and screen sharing

Very pleased. Performance of RingCentral Meetings has dramatically improved from some years ago.

Pros

The ease of setting up and connecting to meetings is outstanding. After deciding what selective applications or screens to share on my PC, I select share and the other party can instantly view my screen or vice versa.

Connecting to the URL for the visual portion is a URL click away. I can choose to call in or use the PC audio to connect to the voice call. Multi-user meetings are also easy for everyone to connect to with high fidellity audo and video.

Cons

Not a big issue, but having to drop sharing of one screen to connect to another is annoying. I either should be able to click on another screen that would drop sharing from the previous screen automatically or allow a limited number of multiple screens.

Amer
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/07/2019

Great meeting software

Pros

I use for consultation meetings on monthly basis. I like the simple yet effective interface. Simplicity when trying to point or present something to audience or the presenter

Cons

None so far. I’ve had great experience so far

Greg
Greg

Reviewed on 30/12/2018

Glip needs to be on more people's radar... it's fantastic!

Pros

After going through an extensive process where our company tested multiple project management platforms (Slack, daPulse, Asana, Wunderlist, and more), Glip came out the clear winner. The ease of use and the way the whole platform is based on conversations were the determining factors. We love the way Glip is really just conversations that you can turn into all sorts of actionable items such as file sharing, task list generation, etc. Easy to use, incredibly feature rich, and improving all the time. Glip needs to be experienced by more people!

Cons

Honestly, the fact that not many people have heard of it compared to some of the competitors that we feel Glip is superior to. Folks we work with wanted to use other platforms and Glip was something they just had not heard of so collaborating was a little challenging at times due to that fact.

Debora

Reviewed on 20/08/2023

I love the product

Meeting can be held at any time, any day without meeting physically. These helps the business save a little since there is no transportation costs.

Pros

I love the screen recording and sharing tool. I also love that our conversation is saved after the meeting. All these for future references. I get to see all my team members who are in the US while I am in Kenya. We interact, share ideas and it all seems like a face to face meeting!

Cons

I do not have any complains about this software, it has been a great product according to me. I LOVE IT.

Leo
Leo
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

Glip is a great alternative for slack

Pros

A lot of built in things. Think of it as Slack more oriented business and project management. Calendar, task tracking, collaborative document edition, you name it ... all in one place.

Cons

Could we please have code highlighting or verbatim in the chat? A bit more of support for IT project management would be great!

Rafael
Rafael

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

Can't lose a meeting with this, connect from everywhere

We use this for web conferences, it can record the meetings and can be accesed even from a mobile phone whitout internet connection, so even employees with no internet access can join.

Pros

The possibility to connect to meetings with a lot of devices, by web application, desktop application, mobile application or even by phone, just attending to the meeting number.

Cons

As I'm in a country with a very bad internet connection, meetings via web application are very hard to do, it is a pain to connect, Other meeting applications have no problem with this, so I don't know if RingCentral need a little more bandwidth or something.

Sam
Sam

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

Glip is great for small teams to chat and organize a calendar.

Pros

I love the ease of setup, mobile apps, and integration of checklist progress into tasks. It's very easy to add new team members and stay in touch all day.

Cons

It lacks a lot of the nicer features of Slack. Glip is a nice tool in many ways because of the simplicity and Slack can get overbearing, but sometimes it's really nice to have all the options of Slack.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Great product for remote meetings

Good over all experience. We have rolled it out to over 150 users and have full adoption within the company.

Pros

Scheduling, participating, and joining meetings are very simple. The video quality is always on par. Joining the audio through phone or computer is also very simple.

Cons

The recordings are not easily accessed for review or deletion by the end user. This causes the available space to fill up throwing errors.

Cisco AnyConnect and Nextiva

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral Video

We switched to obtain all the features of an enterprise class phone system.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Glip also known as just RingCentral

We use Glip as a communications tool for multiple departments across our business. It has been a great tool for organizing our conversations by group and allowing us to keep a history of our conversations, which our previous chat program had a 10,000 message limit to the history shown.

Pros

We really enjoy using the built in gif search in Glip. It is a useful chat program that is easy to use. It helps us organize our conversations by group so that if our website developers are having a discussion about something, it does not get interrupted by the data teams conversation on a different topic. It has a phone app so you can stay connected to the chat group even while on the go, which is useful for after hour and weekend conversations.

Cons

One of the things I do not like about Glip is that the Windows notifications are sometimes delayed and do not come up for a minute or more. It is helpful to be able to see the notifications when I get a new message because I do not always have the tab with Glip open in my browser.

• Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

A powerful free communication tool

Glip was a very nice tool for communication and file sharing. We rarely ran into any issues while using it. The web app is working fine but the windows client is not as responsive and updates were avoided since they created frustration for no reason.

Pros

Glip is completely free to use for chatting and sharing files.
Glip offers a very well maintained solution for communication with a lot of options to organised said communications.
It easy to add people outside your organisation and still being able to discuss and share with them.

Cons

It hasn't really evolved during the past 5 years.
The plugins are very limited and there's not much documentation offered to explain how to use them.
Calendar is not very advanced and not really good for team management

Tom
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

Excellent video conferencing platform

It's a good platform and reasonably priced. It was quick and easy to integrate into our organization (full disclosure: we were using RingCentral prior to really relying on the video conferencing function, so our team was already familiar with the system). Excellent option for small to mid-size businesses. Possibly larger businesses too, but I can't speak to that.

Pros

System was easy to use, and integrated well into our organization. We had previously engaged RingCentral for all our telephonic needs, so the learning curve was pretty flat. Nevertheless, it was an easy function to implement and roll out.

Cons

Occasionally the audio/video quality wasn't the best, but that might be more related to some of the rural areas we operate in, and the network capabilities that we are forced to deal with.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

Excellent Zoom Option

I have used RC for meetings, presentations, personal connections, and for ease of connecting with business prospects. It is rare to have an issue using RC and I would more likely chalk up any problems to my internet connection, rather than RC. When they fix the clarity of the backgrounds it will be even better.\

Pros

There is a lot to recommend with RC. I enjoy the automatic recording, the consistency of service, the multiple features.

Cons

The virtual backgrounds are not as crisp as I would like. Navigating through the program is not as intuitive as I'd like - granted, I'm older and less tech-savvy than my kids are.

Steven

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

Ring Central Video is GREAT!

I have not had any issues with Ring Central - I love how easy it is to use.

Pros

I love how I am able to use Ring Central for so many needs - video conferencing, screen sharing, private chats and that it is cloud based so there are no issues of connecting and inviting. It really is a seamless product that covers so many bases.

Cons

There are really no problems with this software. I love it.

Reviewed on 11/05/2022

wotking as a team

its been helpful

Pros

its colorful and user friendly. is not very diferent than other platforms

Cons

cost and lacks popularity. people rather use zoom or other platforms

Kimberly

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Easy Scheduling

With our team being remote and our clients spanning across the country and even internationally, it has allowed us to stay connected at all times, collaborate and share critical information when needed. There is only so much that can be done via email, but video calls provide an opportunity to connect.

Pros

The integration with Google Calendar making scheduling so easy. The description is pre-populated with the call information (links, dial number, etc) which is super helpful. I also like the options it provides when scheduling to allow for passcodes, join with video/no video, or allow others to connect or not connect before host. The features of recording, screen share, annotation, and ability to see and mute participants, I use often to control meetings that are in session.

Cons

Nothing. Overall this too is super useful for our team who is remote.

Kyle
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

As a User

Overall it has been good with the meeting/conference portion working out great.

Pros

It was implemented right at the start of the pandemic and it did a great job filling the gap with everyone working remotely.

Cons

The biggest issue I have had is with answering calls. I will click on the button to answer maybe 6 times and still the call won't be answered sometimes, while other times it answers on the first click.

Aspen
Aspen

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Easy to hold meetings with anyone anywhere!

Great experience! I use it for work all the time and school!

Pros

That each person in the office has their own meeting line, so you don't have to make sure that someone else has a meeting scheduled at that time.

Cons

I have a hard time "scheduling" a meeting for future. Typically I just have to schedule it in my calendar, then send an invitation with the dial/join information to those who need to attend. Wish I could schedule straight from ring central!

Nathy

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

I love Glip without Glip I wouldn't have a team

Overall great software

Pros

Glip has allowed me to keep my virtual and in-house team connected at all times. We have the ability to manage different teams, have different conversations about projects and subjects. I love how organized it allows you to be. We have an app so no one ever miss out on any important notes.

Cons

We would like the ability to temporarily block agents to logging into glip without removing them as a user. Also we would like the ability to restrict some employees from downloading the app as sensitive information are shared on Glip.

Amanda

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

RingCentral Video Great For Virtual Communication!

Pros

Great tool. Combines all that a virtual worker needs! Great video features and screen sharing features as well! Love the ability to schedule a meeting and add it to your calendar as well as send invites to those that need to be in the meeting.

RingCentral mobile app gives you 24/7 access anywhere you have an internet connection! Having this program on your mobile device is great because you can get up from your computer and know that you can answer calls from anywhere at anytime!

Cons

RingCentral is a great tool. Sometimes the video freezes. If that happens our users just turn off the video and its seems to work great after that. This rarely happens!

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

Glip works to foster collaboration

Pros

Its easy to use and the layout are intuitive. This helps users feel comfortable with the interface making it more likely to be used. There is sufficient functionality to make it very useful without being overwhelming.

Cons

I wish it had better administrator controls over groups/teams and a high level view of how content is being created in the organization.

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

It works, but I miss a lot of messages

Pros

It has a nice clean design, and it allows us to create teams and private chat groups.

Cons

The notifications need work - for some reason, I don't always get notified of incoming messages...often I don't realize I've gotten a message in the desktop app until I look at my phone and see a notification there.

Response from RingCentral

Hi,

Thank you for supporting Glip. We appreciate your feedback and would like the opportunity to help you troubleshoot. Please contact our Support Team so we can investigate why you're not receiving notifications: https://success.ringcentral.com/RCContactSupp

Replied 24/09/2018
Rivka
Rivka
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Glip is great for small teams!

Glip is great for teams who have multiple projects they're working on, and need to collaborate remotely. It has really been great in helping us organize an collaborate on our projects.

Pros

I love that I can create tasks, and chat directly on the task so all questions regarding that task is available at a click. IT has a really quick chat feature, so it's great when working on a project with other mebers of your team remotely.

Cons

There are softwares better for task management - I don't love the interface for setting a project up.