About ApplicantStack

An applicant tracking system is the foundation of strategic talent management. ApplicantStack capably empowers all stakeholders: internal recruiters, hiring managers, administrators and—most importantly—applicants. ApplicantStack...

4.2

Browse ApplicantStack Reviews

1,401 of 1,401 reviews
Dale

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Great Resource

This applicant tracking system is excellent and very user friendly. Their options and features make it easy to take applicants from beginning to end and also help us track where each person is in the process. The customer service has been exceptional in every instance.

Pros

The software incorporates a plethora of features which make it easy to find anything needed to successful transition applicants through the process. Their customer service is top notch and they have always responded to any questions almost immediately. The reports make tracking applicants through the entire process simple and quickly actionable when we see a bottleneck in our process. The onboarding feature has been an excellent benefit as well to help alleviate the paperwork at orientation.

Cons

It is difficult to mention anything that I liked least. Importing documents into the onboarding side for applicants to fill out can take time and effort and yet being able to self-serve in creating these has been very cost effective and helpful.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Dale!

Thank you so much for the awesome review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

Please let us know if you ever need any help with importing documents. We are here to help!

Replied 16/10/2018
Garrett
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

I actually train other companies on how to use ApplicantStack because I like it so much

Pros

The most helpful feature is the ease of implementation and transparent, consistent documenting of applicants for all of the users.

Cons

It's hard to know exactly how visible your ads are in the marketplace

CareerPlug

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

Better and more comprehensive service with great UI and customer support.

Snagajob

Better UI

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Garrett, thank you for leaving such a positive review for ApplicantStack!

Replied 28/04/2021
AMANDA
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

users, rights, printing, accounts, licenses, different company locations

I have had to learn on my own most of what I know. We have had this program for a bout a year and it to me is not super user friendly mainly because we never had any training and our hands our tied with some of the features. I don't know if we didn't buy everything or if we don't have the permissions. My IT guy has tried to give me all the rights he can and its still not working. I don't think that is a good idea that only one location has access to things that I need here at my location. How can we get the proper rights? Can we buy another license? Is there a way that each location can have their own program and questions?

Pros

I like that the program allows us to make our own questions and we can e mail applicants directly from the program.

Cons

I do not like that applicant's get lost or locked out easily. When I transfer an employee sometimes they get lost. I have to call the corporate office to find the new employee and they have to re set them before I can move on. Also we have 6 locations and for some reason we are only allowed to have 4 administrators. I do the hiring here and I do not have the capability to print or edit forms once they are submitted. I do not have the capability to change things that are specific to our company with out it affecting the rest of the companies. We have tired to give rights to everyone and application stack wont let us. We need to have more people be able to access everything and I feel like this program is very restrictive. We have tried and failed to get more license and managers but it doesn't work. I would like someone to call us here at our location and help explain how we can use application stack to better fit our company. We would also like general help, a tutorial, someone to answer our questions and help with basic functions.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Amanda!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I created a support ticket to address all of your concerns. Whenever you have any questions or concerns, please go to any ApplicantStack page and access our help center by selecting the question mark (?). We are here to help!

I checked your account and it appears you have restrictions based on your user level. If you need access to all of the applicants, I would suggest contacting your account administrator so they can change your permissions.

Any account administrator can edit the user restrictions/levels and also purchase more user licenses.

I also forwarded your feedback to your account manager. Your concerns are very important to us and we want to make sure you have all the tools you need.

Replied 15/10/2018

Top ApplicantStack Alternatives

iCIMS Talent Cloud

Microsoft Power BI

Wanda

Awesome Recruitment and Onboarding Software

My Experience with ApplicantStack has been great.

Pros

I have been using this software for over 2 years. I have been in the Staffing Industry for 35 years and this is one of the best software I have used. It is easy to navigate It has the recruiting and On boarding piece that integrates with each other and you can add your own forms or used their customized forms. It even has a module for you to do your payroll. The support has been excellent and the price is very reasonable. I would highly recommend this product especially for Staffing Agencies.

Cons

There is really nothing I would change. The changes that I did have as been made.

Ranee

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Been using it for years!

I started using ApplicantStack in 2015 at a previous company. I learned the software quickly and had admin capabilities. When I switched to a new job in 2020, we stopped using a similar competitors product so we could implement ApplicantStack. It was seamless and I got everything set up and running in one work day (or less). Everything is point and click and drag/drop as you implement and afterwards. The reporting features are awesome. You could even utilize it as your employee database if you are a smaller company.

Pros

Reporting features
Notes feature
Text messaging feature
Onboarding portal (amazing!)

Cons

I wish you would coordinate payroll features with Gusto!

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Ranee, thank you for leaving such a positive review for ApplicantStack!

Replied 19/04/2021
Nikita

Happy!

Pros

Relatively easy to use. No extra bells and whistles that we don't need. The price is GREAT.

Cons

I would like to see the posting location options continue to evolve and develop. I appreciate the changes/updates that have come recently in the area.

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Nikita!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

Please contact support so we can get more information from you about the issue you are experiencing. You should be able to add as many location options as you need.

Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories.

Angie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Good Value for the Money

This was a good solution to our Applicant Tracking/database need. We have managed to cut our paper On-Boarding down by 98%. We love our Sales Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! I would recommend this product to small to medium sized companies that are looking for an ATS and are budget conscious.

Pros

The Ability to use email templates, custom Questionnaires, automated on-boarding forms, the support I get from my Sales Rep, and the price.

Cons

There is limited On-line support materials. The User Documentation is very limited. I had to make multiple calls to my Sales Rep to get things set up correctly as well as email issues to the Tech Support person.

JobDiva, ApplicantPRO and Newton Case Management

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

Price and the Support we got during the initial purchase decision. Our Sales Rep -[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - was SUPER knowledgeable and personable. She went the extra mile to make sure we had everything to make a sound decision and then has been readily available after our purchase.

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Angie!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. Your feedback is very important to us and we would love to know your suggestions. Please contact support and let us know what information you need.

I also want to point out that we have an extensive help center with articles and videos. We offer weekly training sessions as well.

Kim

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Easy to use, great functionality

We have used ApplicantStack for about 5 years and it has been very effective in managing thousands of applications.

Pros

Easy to classify and manage a large database of applications. It is also nice that it deploys a job posting to major job boards.

Cons

It is inconvenient that you can't search key words in the application form. Only the resume is searchable.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

Cost was the major factor. We needed something that managed a large volume but was cost effective.
Meg
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Good Applicant Tracking product for a mid size company

The staff that I dealt with during the preview and roll out period were knowledgeable and helpful. The support team is also very helpful and they are available via email and always respond within a day.

Pros

I like that Applicant Stack integrates with Corvirtus for applicant competency testing and the value for cost is very good.

Cons

I am finding that oftentimes the automated emails being sent via the ATS wind up in the applicant's junk or promotional mailbox vs. their inbox and that has negatively impacted the applicant experience. I also wish that there was a how to / resource document library.

Workable and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

Ultimately it came down to cost. I needed to streamline the recruitment process and Applicant Stack was able to provide a product that improved my efficiency for a fraction of the cost. It is not super user friendly and does not have all the bells and whistles, but it does get the job done.

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Meg, thank you for your review for ApplicantStack!

Replied 16/04/2021

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

ApplicantStack - Good, Not Great

Benefits outweigh the disadvantages. I feel this is a great entry-level software package, great for smaller companies targeting local candidates for general positions. The cost is low in comparison similar products, so there's a good return on investment. Most importantly, it is very user friendly, and gets the job done quickly.

Pros

My experience with this software has been decent. The functionality is pretty straightforward and easy to use. It has multiple options for posting job openings on various job boards, and lets you post in specific locations, general regions, or nationally. The integration features with other applications saves a lot of time as well. I like the option to create personalized applicant screeners to help filter out unqualified candidates. Software can be used as an applicant database to save candidate resumes for future use.

Cons

Interface is very basic, and does not offer many features as the competing services. There is no advanced options when creating job postings which may limit the target audience, especially for more technical positions. It would be nice to have more menus and drop-down features. Also, job board options are limited, so it can be frustrating if there are multiple users.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Chris!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this detailed review. I am sure it will help many organizations in their ATS evaluation process.

We do want to make your experience great!
I will forward your feedback to our development team. Please contact support so we can submit a feature request for you.
Please let us know what other features you are looking for. Also, please clarify what you mean by job boards are limited. We do offer manual posting links so there should be no limit to the number of job boards you post to.

Replied 24/04/2018

ApplicantStack Review

Overall, ApplicantStack has been extremely helpful with our hiring process. It has made our lives of sifting through 1000's of Resumes and Applications much easier and the hiring process more enjoyable. With this software, we have been able to find quality candidates and make sure nobody slips through the cracks!

Pros

This software is great for tracking candidates through the hiring process. It acts as a central hub for the entire hiring process. It allows you to track all of your current open positions, all of the actual job postings on the different platforms and job boards, the number of applicants for each job/position, indiviudal candidate information, candidate application status, interview stage, interviewer notes/comments/feedback, and candidate communication and history.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about this software is it does not create one universal profile for candidates. Instead, the candidates profile is created based on a position. Meaning, this allows for duplicates of the candidates. So, if a candidate applies for multiple positions or has applied in the past, everything is on separate profiles. It will give you an icon by the candidates name notifying you there are duplicates, however you have to click on each individual duplicate to see the candidates history. It would be much more helpful if you could click on the history of the candidate and see all the positions they have applied for, the stage they're at in the hiring process for each position, any notes left from the recruiting team or HR team from past interviews or interactions and all communication with the candidate.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.
I will forward your feedback to our development team. Most companies want to keep the history separate so the feedback and history of one job doesn't influence the chances of the other job. In most cases, the other job history can be hidden from the hiring manager.

Replied 16/10/2018
Helen

Great Product for High Volume Recruiting

I have had a good experience with Applicant Stack, especially in the past year. A lot of the changes they've made have been helpful, and when our company changed it's name, our account manager made it easy for all our users to transition seamlessly.

Pros

It's great that we have such an easy time adding new recruiters for our growing business. We are a staffing firm, so it's extremely helpful that our technical recruiters (high volume) can have applicants uploaded automatically through job postings whereas myself (corporate recruiting) can be more selective on uploading my candidates singularly (since most of my openings are confidential). Customer service is always super prompt in providing feedback to issues, which rarely happen. We also appreciate the heads up when the software will be down for updates.

Cons

My biggest issue is searching for candidates who are in the system. We have thousands of candidates and a lot of times if you simply search by first and last name, they do not come up (so we end up with lots of duplicates). Although the duplicates will show up AFTER being loaded, this still means that we wasted a view on the job board we used to search AND wasted time to upload that person. I wish there was a way we could search for candidates by email or phone number or even Skype ID.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.
I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Burt

Reviewed on 02/06/2010

ApplicantStack - Great 'Off the Shelf' Job Board Solution

Overall recommendation is 9.5 out of 10. The product does the job. It has good core features. Customer service is superb. If you need a job board and can't have custom programming done, or don't want to buy a big, bloated or overly complex system that you'll have to install and maintain then I think this is a great choice. We've had it online for about two weeks now. We have had a few hundred applicants for 4 job postings. We were able to quickly process the apps and hhave hired three people so far without having huge piles of paper.

Pros

Product set up was taken care of by ApplicantStack and was painless. They created my template quickly and were amenable to make some changes I requested. Customer service is excellent. Not only did they take care of problems quickly they actually modified a couple features based on feedback.

The default workflow is set up in a logical fashion which really helped as we weren't sure what the best process would be. The automation features are useful and a real time saver. The reports and ability to add custom fields to the back and front end allow customization.

The ability to build reusable questionnaires, email and job listing templates is great. The recently added layout templates add so good additional functionality for more advanced formatting of the front end.

The application also generates job specific links and email addresses so that you can post them in other forums.

There is more but I didn't intend to make this a feature list. Good, easy to use solution.

Cons

I would like to see the question page layout feature continue to evolve to include some type of editor - not really a 'con' as this is brand new functionality.

I think the questionnaire needs some 'label' and 'image' components so you can add additional instructions to your app.

A multipage form option would also be useful. We have a multipage job application which would mean lots of scrolling down. We opted to use a smaller initial form and just send the full application to those who pass a certain point in the hiring process but it would be nice to have all our legal mumbo jumbo in there.

There are a few areas where I'd like more control - perhaps adding header and footer areas where you can customize the content.

These are more 'features that I'd like added' than cons.

Melissa

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Stacking the Applicants

Overall, I am happy with the software. I think that everything has its faults but ApplicantStack really does make it easier to get information about a large group of applicants rather than me going through Monster or SimplyHired and doing it myself.

Pros

What I enjoy most about ApplicantStack is how much information you can receive on just one applicant and that I am able to email them, put them through to the next stage and can be linked to other software so moving forward in the hiring process is easier. I am also a big fan of our Account Manager. Is always helpful, returns calls quickly and willing to take the time to explain things that are confusing.

Cons

At times I find it hard to use ApplicantStack as I wish it had more features. I have mentioned to our Account Manager that it would be nice to categorize differently or have separate tabs that classify who is in what stage so you don't have to look through a bunch of information. It would also be nice to filter out the duplicates, the ones that were already denied moving forward and such.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Replied 16/12/2019

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Good for automating recruitment activities

Overall, this is my first time using ApplicantStack with a company, and because it's streamlined with emails,

Pros

Easy to create customized messages for a variety of recruitment needs. Global notes for people who appear as duplicates for applying to multiple roles. Resume upload links that are anchored to candidate application making it easy by simply sending an email with a link to upload resume.

Cons

Cannot open multiple tabs to work on several candidate dashboards. Would love for the make note global feature to be a part of the rejected stage as well. When making changes, it would be great for the change to save itself automatically or instantly after clicking save, theres been instances when we've lost work in progress or waste valuable time to update candidate record. Date/time stamp for document uploads. Customize email notifications for jobs some people aren't a part of.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your feedback to our development team. I would recommend you contact our support team since some of the issues you are describing require more information in order to troubleshoot. I am not sure I understand why work isn't being saved.

We do record the date and time stamp of document uploads in the history section.

Replied 15/10/2018
Barbara

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

the software is easy to set up and use - - the listings are easy to create and link to recruitment ads. the company has about 35 employees so we are small. Applicant stack does the job - we have excellent record on hiring from our own efforts verses head hunter.

Cons

Its all great actually -- I do not have any issues or suggestions to change much of anything. I use ApplicantStack for keeping resumes on file - -I review old resumes. It would be easier if all resumes had to be in a word document so I would not need to download - I could just attach file to email if I choose to send candidate an email. Otherwise it is fine the way it is.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Barbara!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. We are thrilled that you find ApplicantStack easy to use, set up, and use!

You can state that you only want word files. I am not sure I understand why you need to download the file if it were in any other format. Can you please contact support so we can get more information? You should be able to view any resume regardless of the format.

Replied 25/04/2018
Sabrina
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Wonderful applicant tracking software.

Overall we have enjoyed using applicant stack and love to see improvements that are made as we move forward.

Pros

Love the dashboard and the ease of being able to set it up. Very user-friendly and easy to see where everyone is at a glance.

Cons

There are times in which it does not show if a candidate is a duplicate or when searching for someone they do not appear.

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Sabrina, thank you for your review for ApplicantStack! We are happy to see you finding success with the product.

Replied 20/04/2021
MACKENZIE

Love the "Stack"!

Each of us in the office has a specific job, but we also dabble in each others' work and try to help each other out. In Human Resources, sometimes my manager will talk with applicants and then send them to me to interview, or vise versa. ApplicantStack makes it easy for us to make notes on each applicant so we are both on the same page.

Pros

I love how easy it is to access applicants, write notes, receive feedback from references, and take them through a logical hiring process all on the site! It saves me a lot of paper and sticky notes...

Cons

Mostly, the ApplicantStack tool is convenient and easy to use. I am completely satisfied with the tool "as is", but I do have a suggestion for a feature; sometimes I have set a candidate to "interview" stage and then forget to put them on my calendar. I then have to dig through papers and sticky notes to see if I can find when we set up a date and time. It would be nice if there were an option to set a "due date" for when the stage should be complete to help keep me on track.

Karen
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Can’t be beat

The new text feature is one that we’ve been waiting on and it’s working great for us since we call out for phone screenings - we can text the applicant and let them know it’s us calling and to see if they’re available. Overall, I love the software!

Pros

We’re a call center so we get a lot of applications across two centers in two different states; keeping track of those applications in Applicant Stack is so easy to do and with the new onboarding tool it’s even better!

Cons

The original setup of the application which requires some coding. Also, pulling useful reports is my weakest area as I never seem to be able to set the criteria correctly.

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Karen!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your feedback to our development team. Please contact support if you need any further assistance.

Alicia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

ApplicantStack Review

Overall, Applicant Stack is by far the best ATS I've used other systems have been a nightmare to set up and did not work well with accommodating the organizations structure and hiring process. I also can not stress enough how much I LOVE the fact it is easy for our hiring managers to use. The last ATS I used (at a different company ) was so complicated I had to hold training's monthly to remind my managers how to use it

Pros

ApplicantStack is easy to use and implement. As an HR professional I appreciate how user friendly it is, its very simple and easy for our hiring to learn how to use

Cons

When emailing candidates and hires through applicant stack there seems to be some issues with emails not going through into their inbox. Unfortunately this has caused us to lose a few potential hires

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.Please contact support so we can get more information from you about the issue you are experiencing.

Jill

Reviewed on 13/10/2018

Job Posting Made Easy!

Users would benefit from ApplicantStack training sessions. Webinars would be a great way to enable users to get training and allow us to ask questions or provide feedback in a more interactive manner. ApplicantStack is a wonderful hiring tool and allows companies to receive and communciate with applicants easily. However, most Home Instead's heavily utilize ClearCare and merging the data automatically would empower us to hire more and better quality CAREGivers. I highly recommend ApplocantStack

Pros

ApplicantStack empowers employers to focus on creating a great job ad that is visible on all the popular job search sites!

Cons

All applicants still need to be added manually to our CRM for tracking and hiring purposes. The website is set up great for tracking applicants but that tracking must be duplicated in our CRM for utlization and visibility for other team members. ApplicantStack data should feed automatically to ClearCare for more efficient time management. We would be willing to pay more for this feature.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Jill!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I will definitely forward your feedback to our support team. We do offer training webinars and have an extensive help center with videos. I will have your account manager reach out to you regarding the options.

Replied 29/10/2018
Casey
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Great starting place but takes some practice/patience

Being able to audit pretty much everything even when hiring managers don't put the right time or move the person to the correct stage I can still find what I need without them.

Pros

They do a great job of teaching people new to HRIS how to make the software your own. Webinars and tech support are very helpful.

Cons

Some features are available but you won't know until you email tech support. So if you don't know what you're looking for you may not know the feature is helpful.

Response from SwipeClock

Casey,

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

We put all the new features in our announcement section at the top of the home page. We also have new features and product updates section of our help center.
BTW - we are also releasing a newsletter coming VERY soon. Hopefully, you will know about all the new and exciting features!

Denise

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

A lot of layers - Not intuitively linked together though

It has taken way more time than hoped to get the software up and running with a process that is seamless due to the complex layers and settings that are not intuitively linked together. It would have been nice if there was a walk-thru wizard to ease the set up vs piecing things together.

Customer support needs to be live - at least via chat with ability to call. Email only is not supportive.

Pros

The ability to customize workflows with email templates, notifications, questionnaires and scoring feedback.

Cons

There are a lot of layers and features, but they are not intuitively linked together. The customer support is via email only and response times and level of response is less than desired. We need the ability to pick up a phone to resolve issues vs explaining it all in an email and waiting for a response.

The metrics reporting doesn't provide a dynamic dashboard of many data outputs for managing recruiting and candidate flows.

Lack of ability to alert users when they haven't moved a candidate along.
Lack of ability to assign a group of people questionnaires in the Applicant Workflow - it can only go to the Hiring Manager.

Dick
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

ApplicantStack: an excellent value ATS

We had a very expensive Taleo solution, which was becoming more expensive as we added more talent to our pool of consultants. ApplicantStack's pricing by actual user, not candidate, is perfect for us. Setting the system up was easy and straightforward, and the ApplicantStack team are always responsive to our questions as we continue to evolve our recruiting and hiring processes.

Pros

ApplicantStack workflow is very easy to set up. The ability to format questionnaires for applicants to complete provides a very professional look. The customer service is excellent and very responsive, especially when we have a technical question regarding extra functionality.

Cons

No real cons, to be honest. We previously had Taleo, and relative to that, ApplicantStack is very easy to use.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Dick!

Replied 09/11/2018
Rebecca

Awesome Innovative Software

Pros

They have great customer service to our network. When they put out improvements, they are features we actually want to use (i.e. onboarding paperwork being run through their system and the ability to text applicants from the system). It integrates well with the major job boards we are interested in posting on. Overall, it helps us manage a steady flow of applicants and know quickly and easily who is where in the pipeline.

Cons

Applicants may apply with a different email address and those new applications do not show as duplicates on their profile. It would be nice to be able to mark new applications as duplicates from the same person.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.I will forward your feedback to our development team.