About ApplicantStack

An applicant tracking system is the foundation of strategic talent management. ApplicantStack capably empowers all stakeholders: internal recruiters, hiring managers, administrators and—most importantly—applicants. ApplicantStack...

Browse ApplicantStack Reviews

1,390 of 1,390 reviews
Julie B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

My review

we used to use Applicant Pro and it was so much more user friendly. We switched because Applicant Stack would incorporate with ADP, but we have NEVER been able to get it to bring over the information we need.

Pros

I like how it can send the applicant the on-boarding paperwork and everything is completed on line.
I like the texting feature

Cons

It only posts our job postings to 5 sites. this is not enough
It takes forever to download the on-boarding paperwork (usually around 20 minutes)

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

see above. I heard that Applicant pro is now compatible with ADP and we may consider going back.

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

more extensive and does more things than the onboarding piece of ADP

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Julie!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

We have many job boards built into ApplicantStack. Perhaps some of them are not activated. Also, we are continually adding more job boards as requested. Please let us know which ones you are interested in. I also want to point out the manual posting links, so you are not limited to our integrated job boards. The possibilities are endless!

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

Love CB love love Applicant Stack

Our overall experience with applicant stack is very very satisfying I highly recommend it to anyone very inexpensive and easy to

Pros

Great inexpensive solution for recruiting, seamless in its on boarding process , easy to use and the job board solution is great you can link to your job board from all social media channels

Cons

The only cons I see is we cannot upload additional documents to be filled out with problematic formatting issues

David W.

ApplicantStack User Review

Overall our experience is a positive one. It's quite cost-effective for what you get out of it. Other job boards and companies can be known to price gouge when it comes to postings, so a flat monthly rate is a nice change. The adoption of this sofware earlier this year (2018) brought us into the 21st Century (the world of everything online).

Pros

I like how well the software functions. I have not experienced any issues or glitches. Customer service is quick to respond and assist with anything you need. They don't look to screw you over - we requested a custom application and they opted to not charge us for creating it. The overall modern look of the site is a plus as well. The partnerships with online jobboards (mainly Indeed) is a major factor in applicant turnout, as that is where we receive the majority of ours from. Nearly every question you have can be answered with prewritten questions and responses for just about every aspect and function. Customization is a huge player in this software - you can order and lay out exactly how you want your data and information to be presented to you so you don't have anything that is unnecessary.

Cons

The formatting of certain aspects is sometimes a pain. When you are writing a job post, the window you type the text is set fairly short as far as how much vertical space it takes up on the page. It is not expandable like other text boxes can be, so it's a pain to see what you are working on sometimes if you have a lot of text.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi David!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate it and feel this will be extremely helpful for anyone looking at an ATS solution.

Regarding the job listing page: There is a maximize button in the tool bar that you can select to expand the window! The icon has four arrows pointing outwards.

Please contact support if you need further assistance. We are here to help!

Replied 16/10/2018

Top ApplicantStack Alternatives

Rachel A.

It’s great!

It has been wonderful and we have had the same contact for our whole time with them!

Pros

I like that it’s very user friendly. And the customer service had been great!

Cons

There are limitations to design but for the cost it is to be expected. Not an issue with what we need though.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

Cost

Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

Customer service and cost

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

Chris T.

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

ApplicantStack - Good, Not Great

Benefits outweigh the disadvantages. I feel this is a great entry-level software package, great for smaller companies targeting local candidates for general positions. The cost is low in comparison similar products, so there's a good return on investment. Most importantly, it is very user friendly, and gets the job done quickly.

Pros

My experience with this software has been decent. The functionality is pretty straightforward and easy to use. It has multiple options for posting job openings on various job boards, and lets you post in specific locations, general regions, or nationally. The integration features with other applications saves a lot of time as well. I like the option to create personalized applicant screeners to help filter out unqualified candidates. Software can be used as an applicant database to save candidate resumes for future use.

Cons

Interface is very basic, and does not offer many features as the competing services. There is no advanced options when creating job postings which may limit the target audience, especially for more technical positions. It would be nice to have more menus and drop-down features. Also, job board options are limited, so it can be frustrating if there are multiple users.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Chris!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this detailed review. I am sure it will help many organizations in their ATS evaluation process.

We do want to make your experience great!
I will forward your feedback to our development team. Please contact support so we can submit a feature request for you.
Please let us know what other features you are looking for. Also, please clarify what you mean by job boards are limited. We do offer manual posting links so there should be no limit to the number of job boards you post to.

Burt A.

Reviewed on 02/06/2010

ApplicantStack - Great 'Off the Shelf' Job Board Solution

Overall recommendation is 9.5 out of 10. The product does the job. It has good core features. Customer service is superb. If you need a job board and can't have custom programming done, or don't want to buy a big, bloated or overly complex system that you'll have to install and maintain then I think this is a great choice. We've had it online for about two weeks now. We have had a few hundred applicants for 4 job postings. We were able to quickly process the apps and hhave hired three people so far without having huge piles of paper.

Pros

Product set up was taken care of by ApplicantStack and was painless. They created my template quickly and were amenable to make some changes I requested. Customer service is excellent. Not only did they take care of problems quickly they actually modified a couple features based on feedback.

The default workflow is set up in a logical fashion which really helped as we weren't sure what the best process would be. The automation features are useful and a real time saver. The reports and ability to add custom fields to the back and front end allow customization.

The ability to build reusable questionnaires, email and job listing templates is great. The recently added layout templates add so good additional functionality for more advanced formatting of the front end.

The application also generates job specific links and email addresses so that you can post them in other forums.

There is more but I didn't intend to make this a feature list. Good, easy to use solution.

Cons

I would like to see the question page layout feature continue to evolve to include some type of editor - not really a 'con' as this is brand new functionality.

I think the questionnaire needs some 'label' and 'image' components so you can add additional instructions to your app.

A multipage form option would also be useful. We have a multipage job application which would mean lots of scrolling down. We opted to use a smaller initial form and just send the full application to those who pass a certain point in the hiring process but it would be nice to have all our legal mumbo jumbo in there.

There are a few areas where I'd like more control - perhaps adding header and footer areas where you can customize the content.

These are more 'features that I'd like added' than cons.

Alison H.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

Applicant Stack Applicant Tracking System

The system configuration really needs to be done by someone with experience. For people with experience in HRIS, the system is extremely easy to use. For customer service, I typically have to email or leave a message. I don't typically get a live agent. However, they respond within 24 hours. The system does not have the latest greatest when it comes to technology- IE no system integration with HRIS, no mapping of candidates, no integration with google suite (calendar), no map abilities. They are starting to incorporate onboarding abilities (new hire paperwork, forms, etc) into their product which I have not yet explored. The number of users (hiring managers) is limited by how much you pay so as your company grows you will need to pay more and more per month to allow more hiring managers in the system.

Pros

It is very easy to use.

Cons

I do not have the ability to search for a job like I do a candidate. For our system, we have hundreds of jobs and I just have to go page by page since it is limited to view only 100 per page until I find the right one.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Alison! Thank you for taking the time to review ApplicantStack. Your feedback is very important to us. We do offer support through our support portal and have our help center available 24x7. We do offer an API for integration with any system that would accept it. Please send us a support ticket so we can provide you with more information. However we are currently working on more integrations.

You do have the ability to search for jobs similar to how you search for candidates. You can search on Job Title, Job ID, or any other job field. you can also sort on columns if that would make it even easier to find your jobs.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Replied 07/08/2017
Whitney W.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Just OK, there are better options out there

Pros

I used ApplicantStack when I was at an executive search firm. It was a major improvement from the previous system we had, but it was still pretty bare bones. I had to do a lot of manual data uploading (our firm wouldn't pay a consultant to transfer our data so I had to do it manually). Now that I've seen some newer, more updated systems with more features, I would describe Applicant Stack as just OK.

Cons

I had to do a lot of manual data entry with this system. I remember making mistakes easily. Having to format job descriptions frequently to make sure it matched what was showing up on our career page online. Also had challenges with the way the home dashboard showed open positions. It just wasn't that sophisticated. You get what you pay for!

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Whitney,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We do offer an import from existing ATS' so I am not sure why you manually needed to add data.

There are many features (we are continually adding more). Please feel free to reach out to support with any suggestions. We always appreciate our customer feedback and suggestions.
The dashboard is somewhat customizable, please reach out to support if you need any assistance.

Replied 04/12/2019
Melissa J.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Still very happy!

They recently changed their user interface and had a really annoying feature where all filters “collapsed” every time you made a selection. We sent a few change requests to their customer service team, and they actually listened! It took about 3.5 months to implement the change, but it’s fixed now and all is right with the world again. It’s nice to see they take change requests seriously and want to improve their product to meet user needs!

Pros

We've been using ApplicantStack for over a year, and it's still a great product! They just did a major update that changed the user interface a bit, and for the most part it was an improvement. Still absolutely amazing for the price - it's based on recruiter/HR/admin users, as opposed to employees or # of applicants like with Taleo or iCims.

Response from Jennifer

Hi Melissa!

We are very pleased that you are still very happy with ApplicantStack. We want to continue to do everything to make our customers happy. We are glad that you like the new user interface and its many enhancements. I am not sure exactly when you wrote this review but as of yesterday, Nov 14 we pushed a feature to production that allows the filters to stay expanded. As you mentioned, we listen and take feedback very seriously however some items take more time than others. Keep sending us feedback! Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Replied 15/11/2017
Dirk S.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Overall it has been a good experience. One problem that I have recently encountered is that we suddenly saw a drastic drop off in job applications being received by about 75%. I sent an email about it to see if there was anything I was missing. I never got a response, but the next day we had seven applications come in. It was just strange.

But I do think that the service is a good one.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use Applicant Stack. Reports are easily accessed and navigated to and being able to add job candidates that fill out paper/pencil applications is very helpful as well.

Cons

I feel like the customer support staff can sometimes just give you a by the book answer instead of giving you a way to resolve your problem. It can be a response that says, this is why you're having this problem rather than this is how you can fix your problem.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Dirk!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your feedback to your account manager. We want to make sure you are completely happy with ApplicantStack and that we answer all of your questions.

Replied 09/11/2018
Sabrina S.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Wonderful applicant tracking software.

Overall we have enjoyed using applicant stack and love to see improvements that are made as we move forward.

Pros

Love the dashboard and the ease of being able to set it up. Very user-friendly and easy to see where everyone is at a glance.

Cons

There are times in which it does not show if a candidate is a duplicate or when searching for someone they do not appear.

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Sabrina, thank you for your review for ApplicantStack! We are happy to see you finding success with the product.

Replied 20/04/2021
Julie G.

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

ApplicantStack has been very effective in finding good quality people. It is easy to use and we get many new employees off of here.

Pros

The software works well and is easy to use for the most part. We get many applicants from using this software.

Cons

It is a little confusing when trying to post a new job listing.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories.

Melissa M.

Applicant Stack Usage Review

Excellent. Easy to use. Easy to track former applicants.

Pros

Targets a broad base of candidates. Better response we have ever received with prior recruiting software & outside sources

Cons

I wish it could download the applicants directly into ADP.

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Melissa!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

We have an integration with ADP - contact support or your account manager for more information.

Dick E.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

ApplicantStack: an excellent value ATS

We had a very expensive Taleo solution, which was becoming more expensive as we added more talent to our pool of consultants. ApplicantStack's pricing by actual user, not candidate, is perfect for us. Setting the system up was easy and straightforward, and the ApplicantStack team are always responsive to our questions as we continue to evolve our recruiting and hiring processes.

Pros

ApplicantStack workflow is very easy to set up. The ability to format questionnaires for applicants to complete provides a very professional look. The customer service is excellent and very responsive, especially when we have a technical question regarding extra functionality.

Cons

No real cons, to be honest. We previously had Taleo, and relative to that, ApplicantStack is very easy to use.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Dick!

Thank you so much for the awesome review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

Replied 09/11/2018
Kerri M.

Reviewed on 31/05/2018

Repeat Customer

We were spending a fortune to post ads to Indeed and other boards, so Applicant Stack allowed us to centralize our spending. It also allows me to go to one site to pull applicants - rather than 3 - 4 (plus, it has reduced the duplicate applications!). It also allows me (the main recruiter) to better coordinate candidates with the hiring managers, as we have a central database.

Pros

Easy to set up. No contracts - easy to upgrade or cancel. Utilizes multiple job boards. Integrates to other systems - including Indeed Sponsored ads. Great support. Same features and abilities as more expensive ATS systems.

Cons

Can't embed graphics into job postings - including logos. Uses major job boards, but still need to manually post to "niche" boards (although they do give you a link to use).

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Kerri!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

Please contact support so we can show you how to embed graphics into your listings. We also have help center articles on how to do that.

Replied 14/06/2018
Mychal G.
  • Industry: Plastics

Great value - awesome features

Pros

Ease of implementation
No pressure sales process
Cost
Online onboarding and new hire paperwork is incredible

Cons

Only the administrator can post a job
Only the administrator can assign new hire paperwork
Would love if the hiring manager could do both of these things

iCIMS Talent Cloud and ADP Workforce Now

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Mychal!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. Yes, we have limits based on the user role. An Administrator and a recruiter can do both tasks which you describe but not a hiring manager role. If you would need/like more access, please contact the administrator of your account.

Replied 16/12/2019

Solid basic ATS.

Customer services is always very responsive. They've also done a great job updating their software in appearance and features/ functionality over the years to stay relevant and modernized.

It's very easy to navigate, easy to learn, and easy to customize.
It's great for anyone who just needs basic features and ease of use.

Pros

It is very simple, easy and straight forward. Very easy navigation.
It also has all the basic necessary functions/ features most small-mid size companies would require.

Cons

Multiple entries for the same candidate/ applicant, causes redundancies and potential to miss prior history/ notes. I'd prefer one universal entry for all applications per candidate.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Replied 18/12/2019

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

ApplicantStack-Good value, but missing some bells and whistles

Very affordable, so for a smaller company it is easier to squeeze into the budget.

Pros

I love some of the features, such as a delay option for sending an email to a candidate or the ability to customize emails I want send in my own library.

Cons

Lack of ability for management to rate candidates, or give easy and direct feedback after an interview.
The search function when seeking candidates does not always work...can be frustrating.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

Please contact support so we can get more information from you about the issue you are experiencing. Any user should be able to provide feedback regarding a candidate. It is a very important part of the review process. We even made it even easier with a star rating (aside from the feedback section and/or feedback questionnaires). You can choose what works best for your organization.

We would also like to assist you with any issues you are experiencing with the search features.

We are here to help!

Replied 17/10/2018
David G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

We have used ApplicantStack for several years and have been overall very satisfied.

When we went to using an online applicant tracking system we needed something that was affordable for approval from senior leaders. This software did just that. Excellent service, product and was very affordable.

Pros

The cost of the software is very affordable. In other words, you get a lot of bang for your buck! The software is very easy to learn and use.

Cons

We wish it had a few more features. For example, the ability on the application to have a link to open up a dialog box for a statement instead of having it on the application. It makes the application appear very lengthy. I would also like to have a click through application instead of all on one page.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi David!

Valentine K.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

The platform has been really helpful with sifting out the best candidates

Visibility of positions advertised to the larger community
Ease of shortlisting candidates
Time saved through the ability to email masses

Pros

The fact that I can access candidate applications easily and filter, search, correspond via emails, run reports, post jobs, share candidate profiles with fellow users among others.

Cons

It signs me out every 30-60 min
On boarding feature is not working properly; I test send questionnaires and every time I try submitting it tells me that I cannot. Maybe there is something I am not doing right, yet to figure that out.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Valentine!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.
I will forward your feedback to our support team. What you are describing definitely should not be happening. We will assist you in getting this resolved ASAP.

Replied 14/05/2018
Kelli T.

Recruitment

We are able to obtain and review open applicants very easily and correspond with them through email or texting, if we are unable to reach them on the phones. The reports help us review how many people we are bringing in for interviews as well as phone screens. This is a great asset to my position.

Pros

I really enjoy the accuracy of the information provided to me with our applicants. I like how we can send them multiple links and run reports to see where we stand in a percentage of who we hire for our company.

Cons

The only thing i dislike is the ability to delete a duplicate applicant in our system.

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Kelli!
Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

Please contact support. You can delete a duplicate candidate record. We can show you how.

Replied 16/12/2019
Brandon U.
  • Industry: Farming

Everything You Need

The hiring managers are now working together and sharing more info with one another.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability for multiple departments to work in step with one another with hiring decisions. I can know what my colleagues are thinking about with the same candidates without having to track each of them down or spend precious time for lack luster results.

Cons

I wish less of the software was locked up behind permissions. If I don't have access to a specific job I can't look up candidates that might be interested in another position without tracking down the person responsible for said job posting. Sometimes it feels like I'm working in a silo.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Brandon!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.
You can have an administrator of the account grant you access to all the jobs then you would be able to see all of the candidates.

Replied 15/10/2018
Pauline G.

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

This is my 4th company I have Implemented Applicant Stack

Pros

The pricing is very fair compared to other ATS.
The features meat all our needs.
The new Texting capability has been very helpful.

Cons

We have alot of the emails go into candidates spam or told they did not receive it. It would be nice to have a delivery and a read receipt capability.

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Pauline, thank you for a great review for ApplicantStack. We are very impressed you've implemented ApplicantStack at 4 companies.

Replied 26/04/2021
Megan J.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

So far I dont know that we have run into any issues.

The most convenient for our industry is the ability for all our supervisors to view the applications. When we used a paper application they slowly got routed from supervisor to supervisor. We have greatly reduced our hiring time frame.

Pros

It is easy to move around the site. All of our supervisors can have access to the applicants all at once. I also really like that it keeps all past applicants as well.

Cons

I don't know that I can think of anything at this time. We haven't had any major issues to deal with.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Megan!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

We are thrilled that you can't think of any issues. If that ever changes or you would like to request any features, please let us know. We listen to our customers!

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 22/10/2018

Great Option for Small to Mid-Size Business

ApplicantStack was our first foray into using an ATS to manage our jobs and candidates. It has been a great solution for us and it's affordability is unmatched.

Pros

I like the affordability and the ease of use as it relates to the tracking job requisitions and candidates.

Cons

It lacks some of the reporting capabilities that more sophisticated ATSs have, however, if you are a small to mid-size company who is simply looking for an affordable option to track open requisitions, manage applicants and post jobs, ApplicantStack is a great option!

Response from ApplicantStack

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

Please contact support so we can understand what report you are looking for. We might be able to help you!

Replied 13/11/2018