About BookSteam

BookSteam is an online appointment scheduling solution. It offers business and customer-facing functionality so that customers/clients can schedule appointments online, while businesses can manage these appointments on the...

Browse BookSteam Reviews

Anastasia Y.

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Booksteam is the BEST scheduling software out there! We tried two others but third time's a...

Booksteam completely streamlined our old-school manual signup process and is light years ahead of the competition (SignUpGenius in particular). We are now able to have customers sort classes by location/practitioner/modality and class instructors are issued tablets to mark who attended (and didn't). This saves us SO many hours of work each week, it's great!

Pros

Booksteam is so versatile - customers can search by location, practitioner, class type, etc. And the reports it generates are very helpful in terms of tracking attendance, no-shows, and seeing trends develop over time. Also, I have to give a shout-out to customer support which is second to none. We had a LOT of questions when setting up the system, and I can honestly say there was not a single time they did not reply quickly and concisely (usually within a 2-hour window; sometimes as quickly as 5 minutes). This is a HUGE step up from the customer support at the two other scheduling services we tried.

Cons

I would just say that the setup process (particularly for multiple practitioners across several locations) takes a loooooong time. But I think it would with any software that has as many capabilities as this one. Once the setup is done, though, the hours it will save you in the future make it all worthwhile!

Ekaterina S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

The best booking software for the lashes business

Pros

I used to use Genbook software for all of my booking needs, after their price increase I switched over to BookSteam and never looked back. Not only Booksteam is better priced, but in my opinion it is a better software overall. I really like the booking page design, it is very stylish.

Cons

One thing I would like is for booksteam to add Square integration. Otherwise it is a perfect platform.

Schedulicity, Timely and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing BookSteam

Price increase

Genbook

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Absolutely tremendous

Being able to manage my clientes, invoices as well as my favorite feature of selling my photography online.

Pros

Absolutely the only way I will keep my appointments lined up! The best feature that I enjoy is selling my photography online. This has helped my company retain and grow tremendously throughout the last two years.

Cons

When I first started using book steam I couldn't access it from my phone. As of now I am able to have everything from my desktop on my mobile devices through my business.

Top BookSteam Alternatives

Albert Y.

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Book steam for one on one tuation music school

Pros

easy to set up and use, very flexible to arrange appointments on the calendar and do the re-schedule.

Cons

reporting functionalities are limited.
If Book Steam can develop more functionalities for reporting will be good, such as monitor clients whose credit in package are low and auto remider them to buy new packages, stc.

Abraham S.

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Comprehensive Scheduling On An intuitive Platform

We utilized the software with a company I worked with for my last 4 months with them.

Pros

BookSteam is far more comprehensive and complex than its leading competitors and it offers this elevated level of service at a reasonable price. The client side scheduling tools were an unbelievably useful addition that we had not read about before utilizing the software, but came in handy all the same. Customer Support was on par with some of the best companies that I have ever worked with.

Cons

The system was a bit too complex for some our older employees and clients but there was improvement after training using the resources provided with the software. Initial install takes a while and I wish I had known that ahead of time to block off an hour or two of my schedule

Jessica R.

Reviewed on 28/11/2014

easy appointment management

We have been using booksteam for a while and it's the best appointment management software we have used thus far. Being able to get our clients to schedule their appointments online has transformed our business drastically. Here is how it works: Booksteam provides us free business scheduling page, we setup working hours, staff hours and our services. We place a 'booknow' button on our business website for our clients to click. Clients then redirect to the booksteam scheduling page, select our staff, services they wish to book and click confirm, that's it. Clients also receive reminders so they don't forget their appointment time, which is amazing! I also absolutely love how I can sync my calendar with my iPad calendar, whenever I get new appointments in booksteam it automatically shows up in my iPad.

Pros

Easy to setup, lots of features, can sync my calendar, client email and sms reminders, can view statistics for my business, nice layout

Cons

Please add mail chimp integration, that would be really convenient for me.

Iyalekhue O.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 04/07/2018

Fantastic experience

Pros

Apart from the fact that the software is easy to use, it also has a wonderful support feature that listens to feedback

Cons

I must say, so far the software has helped my clients organize appointments, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Mackenzie S.

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Amazing software

Pros

This software is affordable and very useful!

Cons

It does not have an app yet :( when they develop an app for it, it will become the BEST!

Greg W.

Reviewed on 12/12/2015

we love booksteam!

We used to use another company before (don't want to name them but it starts with S...) and we were constantly dealing with issues and empty promises, it was very frustrating. Then we switched to a company offering free service (that was a huge mistake), a lot of time wasted once again. Finally we switched to booksteam over 6 months ago (from a friends tip) and it's been like a breath of fresh air (I hope I'm not going to jinx it now). Everything just works, I no longer have to email support every week (like I did with a previous company), now I spend more time actually doing my work. Support is also very friendly/helpful/quick whenever I need something.

Mary T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

Easy to Use and Teach

So far my overall experience has been great. We had a time Zone glitch and they were able to fix it in a timely manner and informed us of once it was fixed.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to explain to co workers as well as clients

Cons

I have No cons for about the product at this time

Victoria D.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Simple...

Pros

This does exactly what it says on the tin - schedules appointments - save money because the slots that are booked are scheduled to what i need.

Cons

Its just a simple software - no wow factor - you get what you pay for. Set up took a while.

Courtney G.
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

BookSteam

Pros

Used the free trial while trying to find the best booking software for my business. Easy to use, straight forward. Client history is detailed and easy to track.

Cons

The text reminder system is flawed, sometimes there is too many options and it could be condensed down to fewer options.

• Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 26/06/2014

Very useful tool to manage my studio schedule

I’m a photographer and sometimes I get real busy with the shoot, and it used to be huge inconvenience to deal with clients over the email or phone to schedule them in. Now with booksteam, most of my clients schedule their appointments online, and it freed up a lot of my time, so that’s awesome.

Pros

time saver, everything just works

Cons

can't really find any cons, that says a lot

Natalie L.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Great software and awesome support team!

Pros

The button works great on my website and on FaceBook. My clients have been able to book farm visits online easily.

Cons

I would like it if more than 1 booking could be allowed during a single time slot without creating a class that requires a set time.

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

this scheduler rocks!

Booksteam is an excellent platform for appointment management. We needed unique feature for our company and they added it within a week.

Pros

Powerful software, excellent support

Cons

did not find any cons so far

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 24/10/2014

we run groups with booksteam help

I'm a studio owner and booksteam is basically exactly what our company needed. We run groups every few days, and this platform takes care of all of my client appointment taking. I was skeptical to try it, but now it's a must.

Stacy W.

Reviewed on 01/04/2017

So easy to use

I've been with booksteam for over a year and have been very happy with the service. This software is a must, great value, it improved my barber shop appointment management.

Derek L.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 05/10/2014

Exactly what I needed - superb support

as a fairly new user to Booksteam.com I had a ton of questions, support answered everything in a timely matter with extreme professionalism. The tool itself is making my life much easier.

Mike R.

Reviewed on 27/09/2015

fantastic scheduler

I really like booksteam, fantastic software. Easy to schedule my clients while they receive sms reminders. Also love paypal integration, makes my job 10x easier.

Zoe T.

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Good product, excellent customer service/responsiveness

Overall my experience has been excellent. Any software or billing issues have been addressed with fabulous service, attention to detail and efficiency. Many thanks for making this techno-moron very happy!

Pros

Any time I have had an issue with the software, the response has been immediate and the communication has been stellar throughout the process of fixing, or adapting, the software for my use. I like the product and find it fairly easy to use.

Cons

Some functions are not obvious or easy to find. I am a non-techy, so the 'treat me like I'm 4 years old' approach from any software works a treat for me!

Kate R.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 27/12/2015

A+++ service from the beginning

I used this company on and off for about 2 years now and received the best service from them. They're constantly adding new features / updates which makes my experience that much more pleasant. VERY helpful product for my business.

Julia K.

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

I love Booksteam and I want to contribute to make it better!

I had chosen to implement the system for my client (Yoga instructor) after evaluating Booksteam and other systems. At the end we decided to go with Booksteam. Client management and online booking was the most important feature for us. I wanted my client to be bookable over the internet and get rid of paper management.

Pros

Integration was very easy. It is intuitive to use. After all it was easy, because the support team was and still is awesome!

Cons

What I like least about the software is that it is not completely in German. I would like use everything in German - frontend (prio1) and backend (pro 2). As I already have done for the front end, I am willing to help you with ALL german translation issues. Send me the files, I will translate. 2. I would like to have the possibility to make presents to my clients - f.e. a gift certification for their birthday. Unfortunately, I am not able to do this, because I have to definitely buy a gift certification. 3. I would like a modification of the package logic. It should be possible using a package based on a price xy to redeem all classes based on the same price xy. I have different classes - all for the same price, but with different names. For all this classes, I would my client to be able to use the package they bought. (Note: Like references, where I can apply one reference to more than one class ??) I would like to be able to customize the feedback email, because I love the review feature. But it should also be in German. 4. Calendar: I am able to embed the Booksteam calendar, but it shows the attendants of a class. This might be a data protection issue. At the moment I integrated a google calendar at the customer's webpage. 5. I would love to get a notification, when clients bought a package online. 6. I would like the get a reminder of my client's birthdays. 7. Maybe there will be some more, but for the moment that's all.

Melissa P.

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Good value without a lot of frills

BookSteam's lack of frills and options is redeemed by its low cost and really stellar customer service. Overall, I am pleased with the software.

Pros

Customer support is great! I had a couple of problems integrating BookSteam into my web site, and customer support worked with me until it was fixed.

Cons

This is low-frills booking software. It is easy to set up regularly occurring classes, but anything more complicated requires a workaround. Requests I've sent to customer support include:
1) the ability to set up a class series, where students register and the system enrolls them in every class in the series,
2) a waiting list,
3) the ability to find a class once it has been cancelled from the schedule - Beware! If you cancel a class and have it display as cancelled on your public calendar, it is there forever. There is no way to remove it.
4) having all classes show on the public calendar. Currently only classes that can be booked online can be displayed. If you have a class that you do not want to be booked online, you cannot display it on the calendar. Therefore, I have had to use a Google calendar in addition to the BookSteam calendar, so customers can see the full array of classes offered.

Rob S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 28/03/2017

Booksteam is awesome!!

Their software is great! It's easy to use and has really helped us streamline our scheduling. And you cant beat their customer service. We accidentally erased one of our staff members and all her appointments. After sending a support request they got back to me almost immediately and were able to recover all the info we lost. Saved me a weeks worth of work tracking down all the appointments. I cant thank you guys enough!! Long live Booksteam!!!!

Pros

Easy to use. Makes it very easy to keep track of all our employees and their appointments.

Gemma G.

Reviewed on 21/03/2017

The Best Business Tool For Increasing Sales

BookSteam has simplified the scheduling of appointments not just for me but for my patients. They appreciate the ease of using the app. No more playing telephone tag.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Patients are expressing difficulty accessing the system if they have forgotten their password. Even when they follow the instructions to obtaining their password, they are advised that their email address is already in the system.