About Flipsnack

Flipsnack is a web application that allows users to create interactive digital publications such as magazines, brochures, flyers, and product catalogs, directly in the browser. They can design their page flip publications...

4.2

Browse Flipsnack Reviews

Michelle
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Love Flipsnack

Happy that I decided to go with flip snack. As previously mentioned their interface is very user friendly and its a great program to create online catalogs!!

Pros

I use flipsnack to make a online catalog for work. It is perfect for doing so and makes the catalog very easy to share. The interface is very user friendly and easy to use. Definitely was a great decision to go with flipsnack and i would recommend anyone to do the same!

Cons

Missing some features such as being able to change the size after the catalog is already made however when looking for a feature you can easily message their support team. They are so responsive and great!

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you Michelle! What a wonderful review!

Replied 03/12/2018
Myrna
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Flipsnack for Wedding Packages

Flipsnack has served our needs pretty well. The final product is very nice but it is not easy to use. I would recommend working on the ease of use for the software/

Pros

It is easy to share and add to an email. The final look of the product is very nice.

Cons

The software is not user friendly, edits are not easy to do.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review, Myrna. Can you please give us more details about the issues you`ve experienced with our tool? It`ll help us a lot to improve it. You can send them to [email protected]

Replied 04/01/2023
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

Using Flipsnack

We have problems with customer support getting back to us in a timely fashion and can't seem to solve our issues.

Pros

The finished product looks nice and is easy for our customers to look through our eBooks.

Cons

We use InDesign to create our eBooks so we create the interactivity in the main document and, after applying it to Flipsnack, need to re-do the interactivity again for it to be applied to the Flipsnack version of the eBook. We also experience some issues when publishing it to our learning management system.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for the review! It is very important for us to hear about the issues that you've experienced with our tool and with our customer support.
The links that you've added in InDesign should automatically work in Flipsnack, if they are added correctly as hyperlinks. Please contact us again.
We promise we will investigate this problem in a timely manner.

Replied 10/12/2018

Top Flipsnack Alternatives

Brandy

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

The best out there!

Great customer service when I've had questions. Ease of use. Team function is great. Quality looking digital documents with the ability to truly customize what you're publishing. Best of all, it's affordable!

Pros

So much easier than other software I've used that's suppose to do similar things. It couldn't be any easier to use and with having a team, the team function to allow others to get in and have User access is wonderful! We love the customization available for Flipsnack documents and the option to publish documents private or public. We love every feature!!

Cons

No cons on my end after using other similar software in the past. FlipSnack has been a game changer for myself and my Marketing Team!

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review, Brandy. We are glad you like Flipsnack this much!

Replied 21/11/2022
Debra
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Houston Community College Central's review of Flipsnack

It's been a true asset to my department's work. It elevates my work and is always well received. Internal constituents want to make sure their items are in it. That tells me they like the product and want to be a part of it.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use. Uploading a finished pdf. is simple and the end results are impressive. People have enjoyed looking at flip books I create at the start of the month to promote college events. It elevates basic fliers to a nice, newer level and makes viewing more fun.

Cons

What needs to be improved: 1). Basic background choices (not enough color options or textures), 2). The ability to add video clips. 3). Greater detail on how long a person views a page, etc. 4). It should also work like Constant Contact (CC) and allow for distribution lists so I can send a flip book directly without CC.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review. It helps us a lot! All your suggestions will be discussed with the team.

Replied 20/12/2022
Laura

Reviewed on 05/01/2023

Make Your Company Publications High Quality & Professional

I like the product. I tried it out several years ago and have been expanding usage since then, with about 9 publications at this point.

Pros

This software is easy to use, allows you to customize publications in ways that advance your brand and allow you to present your unique message to clients. This platform allows you to lead with high creativity and appearance in your publication. You can customize the content with images, GIFs.

Cons

Lots of cool features are unavailable other than at the highest price tiers.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review, Laura. Your feedback helps us a lot!

Laura
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Not your typical user

My absolute favorite thing about Flipsnack is the awesome customer service! Whenever I have a question, I get a detailed response almost immediately. I have never had an issue that wasn't solved thanks to the quick and friendly responses.

Pros

I find the product very easy to use. There are many features that make this software a cut above the rest. I love all the different options that are available to make our news magazine look professional, even though it is student driven.

Cons

I am not a typical user, and don't use the software for what it is intended. For a school-run newspaper, it has all the features that we need.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review, Laura! We are pleased to know you like Flipsnack this much!

Replied 20/12/2022
Bryson

Reviewed on 03/01/2023

Great product and easy to use

excellent

Pros

Easy to use and manage our catalogs. very user fiendly

Cons

needing to pay for certain advanced features that would be nice in lower tiers

Canva

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

overall features

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review, Bryson. Your feedback helps us a lot!

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Great for Digital Marketing

We are happy!

Pros

We use this product to house our digital marketing pieces. We are able to send brochures and cut sheets to clients without having to send them as attachments. The features are easy to use and it looks very professional.

Cons

The search feature seems difficult to navigate and I have trouble finding my documents by my company name.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review! It helps us a lot. Your suggestion will be discussed with the team.

Replied 04/01/2023
Samantha
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 03/01/2023

Flipsnack Review

Flipsnack has given us the ability to distribute our catalogs without wasting money on printing. It's helping use move into the digital space more.

Pros

What I like most about Flipsnack is its ease of use to display a catalog digitally on a website and still remain interactive like an actual book.

Cons

What I like least is the need to re-upload an entire catalog if there is one change on a single page.

Response from Flipsnack

Thanks for the review, Samantha! We are happy you find Flipsnack easy to use and helped you cut printing costs. Your suggestion will be discussed with the team.

Jessica
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Perfect for annual reports & e-booklets!

Pros

Flipsnack is incredibly user-friendly -- for those creating with it and those consuming content. It's the perfect tool for our nonprofit for making flip-able e-books of things like annual reports and meeting booklets.

Cons

The only downside is the limit on catalogues we can make -- but that just means we are using the software more than we expected and probably need to upgrade our subscription!

Flip PDF

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

Flipsnack looked more professional in the final product.

Response from Flipsnack

And perfect for you! Hi, Jessica! Thank you so much for the kind words and the 5 star review. If you would like to know more about our pricing plans please check out our page or simply contact our Live Chat Support and get the right Plan subscription for your unique needs.

Replied 22/10/2019
Eduardo
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 07/03/2020

Eduardo Lina: My review of Flipsnack

It is very good indeed. I have been using the product for the Six-Year Kugel High School for several years. The school management is quite happy with what I have created because it gives us the possibility of documenting lots of school activities in a way that neither Facebook nor the school site does. I have also used Flipsnack to document other learning activities. Flipsnack allows me to share them easily and have the contents organized the way I want to.

Pros

I like the different options for creating Digital books/ Brochures , etc. I find the new Flipsnach very easy and convenient to use when I create Digital Books in BOTH Hebrew and English. The same happened when I created Digital Books in Spanish with the old version a couple of years ago, too.

Cons

The uploading text feature for Hebrew needs improving. Since Hebrew is written right to left, I have to use the function that moves the text to the right so that sentences begin on the right part of a page. The problem, however, is that punctuation marks still appear as if the writing was done in English / Spanish, etc. (Latin Characters). Sentences that en in mid-line appear as if they were written from right to left. Appropriate fonts for Hebrew might be added, too. I guess the same applies for Arabic writing.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Eduardo,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us a great review, and bringing the punctuation issue to light. We were unaware of this problem, but we'll see what we can do to fix it ASAP. We'll keep you updated on the progress.

Replied 10/03/2020

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

Looking For More

Good, just want it to keep growing, looking forward to more

Pros

I love the start of this software. I think it is easy to use, get catalogues uploaded, love the embedding feature and the ease of access. White label listing really sold this for us, that was a very important aspect although the cost is incredibly high and it may impact how long we have the software. There are competitors that are growing and offering similar features for less. Although we really do love flipsnack

Cons

The white labeling disappears in mobile viewing and the flipsnack name comes back (this is our number one con as we pay a lot of money for the white label and most of our views are mobile based.... so its a little sad that the white label doesnt continue into mobile viewing). We would love there to be MORE, interactivity with the catalogues, allowing readers to click more and do more inside the catalogue. The interactivity is cool right now, but still very small in what you can actually accomplish. Also the flashing target buttons are not the best option, if you could make a product tag that is invisible that could be wrapped around a product, that would be ideal. The flashing targets (from a marketing perspective) can ruin an entire look and feel of a layout. If you made invisible areas we could direct readers to click on products. We would also love if flipsnack would create an area (white labeled) where our readers and customers could login and make changes themselves to the catalogues, add their logo, etc without our help

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the useful insights! I will forward your review to our development team, to see how we could improve our platform and implement your suggestions.

Replied 15/01/2020
Sujee

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Flipsnack review

It has been great. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a simple, yet quality way to showcase any literature, videos or promoting any of their product/services.

Pros

You don't need to be tech savvy to get started. There are beautiful templates ready for you and a lot of options to customize. Publishing is simple and the entire process from creating to publishing is straightforward.

Also, love the option to download PDF and JPG versions of the flipbooks. I use it a lot when I'm creating a flyer or poster for a project I'm working on.

Cons

There can be minor lags when opening up the flipbook and it would be great if we can get a table of contents widget as an option when building a flipbook from scratch, rather than only having that option available when uploading a PDF.

I would love to see more regular updates with new templates.

Response from Flipsnack

Awesome review and awesome suggestions! Thank you!

Replied 23/01/2019
Joanna
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Good but needs improvement

We have been approached by your team a few times if we can have a discussion on how we use it and our needs, since we are a little different of a user. Nice overall, clients really like end result, just wish we can bring the layout end up to our standards a bit more. We have changed our standards to our limitations. Customer service team has always been great.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, has a nice effect when viewing the presentation. Love that we can insert video

Cons

We use the flipsnack a little differently that your publications. We are graphic and content based, and the typography and layout limitations are sometimes very frustrating because they are too basic. There is also no type tracking capabilities for individual words, if you use the generic spacing, it spaces the whole paragraph. Quite basic stuff and may be good for most of your users, we get it. Just frustrating a bit to us. Many times, we have issues when downloading the code and uploading to another website. We would like self hosting option.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi, Joanna! Thanks a lot for the feedback. We are constantly trying to improve the experience our users have with Flipsnack. So all the mentions you`ve made will be discussed with the team. Also, happy you like our colleagues from customer support. They are always here in case you need them.

Replied 21/11/2022
Thomas
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Great option for sharing documents

Our documents are really big files, so being able to send the links rather than the files has meant we can now email all our promotional materials to clients really easily!

Pros

We love how easy it is to share all of our promotional material with our clients. The page turning effects are really eye catching and the ability to add video content, and enable download is really important for sales.

Cons

We want to keep all of our documents unlisted, but sometimes we forget to do this, it would be good to have the option to create default set up's as we also forget to list for download sometimes as well. It is easy to go back and change this fortunately though.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Thomas! Thank you very much for your awesome review. The default options feature is a great idea! We will definitely pass it on to our developing team.

Replied 22/05/2019
Sara
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Online Magazines for Marketing

We have a very focused use for this product (introducing our leads to our various services) and for that, we love Flipsnack. We don't solely use Flipsnack for all our marketing needs, but it's a great tool!

Pros

We love being able to create these beautiful online magazines and brochures for our potential clients to really see the whole process of what it's like to work with us. The online products look very professional and the user experience is great. You can make your publication interactive as well, and link out to other content, which is a helpful feature.

Cons

It takes a little while to get the hang of using the software and creating pleasing designs. Parts of the design process are intuitive and parts are not.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for the review. Your feedback helps us a lot!

Replied 02/12/2021
Shannon
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Elevates our Marketing Material

Pros

Ever job I have gone to, I have introduced teams to this software and they are always so impressed on what it can do to elevate our sales pitches and marketing material. This software allows us to stop with the oversized pdf attachments and link engagement information with video content that sets us apart from our competition.

Cons

Once upon a time there wasn't the ability to embed a video, but after suggesting that a few years ago and customer service keeping us informed it would happen, it has and that's why I am loyal. They listen and enhance the software to work for their customers.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for recommending us! We're glad to hear Flipsnack is a great solution for your sales team!

Replied 13/01/2020
Dean

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Really easy to use, and gives your business a more professional asthetic when designing.

It is a great time saving tool and also gives someone with little experience the opportunity to be able to design content with a lot of assistance and the searchable templates give great guidance on creating professional looking designs.

Pros

I like the searchable templates as they are a great source of inspiration when you haven't got all day to be able to start from scratch on each design task!

Cons

I think that the arrangement, adjustment and editing of individual images would be great if more functionality was added. Mirror flip and degree rotation would be a great addition.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Dean,

Thank you for your kind words! We're so happy that you're enjoying Flipsnack and that you're using our templates. Our team is continuously improving Flipsnack features. Stay tooned for more!

Replied 20/07/2020
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Simple to use with professional output

My overall experience using Flipsnack is great! Plenty of good features without bugs, flaws or glitches. A catalogue easy to create if you have a company but also easy for the customers to flip (the catalogue)

Pros

I have liked that you can have the basic features for free and you do not need to pay to have an excellent output. Of course the free version is enough only if you have a home business as I have had, while if you need a more professional output for a proper company you should purchase the paid version!

Customers can flip the catalogue very easily and also from my side it was very easy and intuitive to create the catalogue. And I have seen no flaws, bugs or glitches

Cons

Actually there is nothing in particular that I have not liked about this software. It offers the basic features I needed for free while you could pay for premium features. No flaws!

Response from Flipsnack

Hello, We are so happy that you are enjoying our features and that Flipsnack is the right platform for you. Thank you for your review!

Replied 11/03/2021
Nicole

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

FLIPSNACK IS A BIG PART OF MY BUSINESS

LOVE IT

Pros

LOOKS GOOD AND EASY TO USE WE USE IT FOR A LOT OF MARKETING IN OUR OFFICE

Cons

I HONESTLY COULDN'T TELL YOU THAT I HAVE A NEGATIVE

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Nicole!
We very much appreciate your kind words and amazing review!

Replied 10/03/2020
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

A great way to share Creative Compilations

Flipsnack allows me to share creations without giving up control of my work. I originally used Flipsnack to turn in creative works to professors and college administrators .

Pros

Flipsnack gives me a way to share digital versions of artists' books I create. Combining text with imagery in tactile books is a limited edition - with Flipsnack I can upload word docs in sections of a complete book (covers, chapters, colophon) and Flipsnack software merges them Into a whole. I do not have paid versions of Adobe products so part of Flipsnack's value is in providing me a pdf version of each book I upload.

Cons

Flipsnack's basIc version is good enough for me, although I do sometimes wish for the up-graded features, but I appreciate the flexability that lets me take down and put up different books to juggle my basic plan limits.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey there! Thank you for your kind words and awesome review!

Replied 22/05/2019
Jay
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Good value for money

The overall value for money of this software is good and the help/support has been excellent. Queries are dealt with quickly and with clear results.

Pros

The user interface is simple and easy to use. Hot boxing images to provide cliackable links to videos and websites is great. Providing readers with the option of downloading or viewing simplified versions is also useful. Having clear statisitcs is also handy so that you can better understand your audience.

Cons

Whilst you can build a publication from scratch with only this software, uploading a pdf designed in external programmes (such as InDesign) is better due to the limited design features in comparison. The app for mobiles/tablets is a little limited and could be expanded with more features.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your comprehensive review!

Replied 13/01/2020
Yvonne
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Flipsnak Review

Great experience apart from not being able to work offline.

Pros

Lovely easy to use platform with really nice templates.

Cons

It is NOT able to be edited offline. Absolutely frustrating when operating from a remote location.
Especially so since CV19 , when the internet is even slower.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Yvonne,

Thank you for your review and suggestion! We really appreciate your feedback.

Replied 20/07/2020
Amanda
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

A great resource for e-learning!

By using Flipsnack booklets, I have been able to share my teaching resources online via social media, my department website and on other teaching platforms and have gained extremely positive feedback from the teaching community and more importantly, from my students.

Pros

I love the simplicity and ease of use of the software and the speed in which it generates a professional interactive booklet from a PDF that I can then share online.

Cons

I would love to create more Flipsnack booklets but the free trial has a limit of 3 and my education budget is limited so I can't afford the upgrade cost at the moment. I have shared my Flipsnack booklets with other teachers do hopefully my school will purchase a license.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Amanda, Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear Flipsnack is a great solution for you and your students. Our Classroom plan is free now! If you're a teacher and you want to use Flipsnack with your class, please contact us. For more information you can take a look here https://www.flipsnack.com/edu.html

Replied 24/07/2020