About UpKeep

UpKeep is an Asset Operations Management solution that helps businesses scale by giving every Maintenance and Reliability team the tools and information they need to run Operations efficiently and effectively. From your desktop...

4.8

Browse UpKeep Reviews

1,253 of 1,253 reviews
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Upkeep can change your whole maintenance program

It's as good at the information provided, which is made better because once it's in there, its accessible to anyone and over time, can provide information

Pros

Information, details, knowing what was done on a machine last time, it means that you don't necessarily have to do the same job twice. If a problem comes back and was misdiagnosed last time you can review what was done and see if you can find where the actual issue is.

Locations, parts, assets, you can put them all into this software and down to the bolt you can provide details on any of them.

Cons

The UI needs work, especially when moving parts around or finding assets in a location. Having a naming standard helps a lot. If you know that an item belongs at a specific site, having a clear site name along with what it is makes a difference.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Paul!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for all of your feedback! We are so happy to hear UpKeep is providing value to you and your team and helping to improve your maintenance program. Your feedback regarding the UI of the Parts page is valuable and we will make sure to bring it to the attention of our Product team.

Thank you again for taking the time to submit your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve the app and make our customer's workflows as seamless as possible.

Have a great day!

Replied 14/11/2019
Ryan

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

Its a Keeper as long as you are keeping UP on it.

Very positive experience so far. They have answered all my questions sufficiently and in a very timely manner. Our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic, she is great at explaining things to people of all technical levels. We can see this software allowing to move forward quickly and put together our S.O.P's with minimal disruption during crucial times when we bring in new employees.

Pros

The Customization of the software is quite extensive. Has an honest to goodness workflow that is concise and easy to follow. Best have this system completely laid out and ready to roll prior to rolling it out within your facility that way you can utilize the software's capabilities to its vast potential. The tracking for the work orders is super convenient and thorough and allows for reporting to be super easy and helps track problem areas or where money should be spent.

Cons

I feel that it pigeonholes your ability to use various systems and has no overlap with other systems that could potentially be helpful. does not offer a scheduling option to allow for access to say apartments where 24-hour notice is necessary. Having the ability to link to a calendar or a calendar within upkeep to organize my day project by the project is what is needed badly

Asana

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

My boss was already familiar with this platform

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility and track work orders!

Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager.

Lindsey
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

Good Entry level CMMS System

A great basic CMMS meant for day to day use, to keep work orders, scheduled maintenance and parts/inventory. Lacks a lot of the higher end features that experienced users would want to impliment.

Pros

Very easy to set up and get going, very easy to populated data, and very useful to schedule work orders, etc.

Cons

Analytics - the metrics that one needs the most , and use the most often are in basic, but they do take shortcuts in order to achieve numbers. Downtime tracking is a very mportant tool, but can't be used with manual events.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

Pricing of Users (requesters are free) and didn't require additional licenses (technical users and admin are the only paid subscriptions that you need). Initial presentations were well done, and polished,

Top UpKeep Alternatives

syed
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

Up keep review

Pros

The up keep tools used daily by me because it give me best experience in meeting schedule and give permission to the other people help me keep track of data and it has all the feature where some of the other other popular apps don't have it give the best UI and tools use daily

Cons

There nothing to say about the app it even give the mobile access to everyone that's the best part

Ryan
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

A great start!

My experience over the first month with UpKeep has been very positive. The team in California have been checking in to provide support and they've sent us a ton of QR labels for our assets and stock room. I have worked with five different CMMSs over the past several years and have been responsible for two implementations. This has been the smoothest and easiest one so far... configuration has been easy and it's been warmly welcomed by my team and the organization as a whole.

Pros

The ease of use and functionality check all of the boxes I was looking for. I get updates on my phone, can track work, and share what we're doing throughout our organization in a way that is simple to understand. The cost and very low barrier to entry has been a huge plus as well.

Cons

There have been little quirks with the system that have taken a little getting used to. Updating PMs or creating a PO, for example, can be difficult when you click off the screen to update a piece of that (check list, asset, or part) and then the whole thing that was being worked on is lost. Having discreet location differences for assets and stock rooms would be nice, too.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

Low cost, low barrier to entry, and the ease of hitting the ground running (fast) is why we've gone with, and are going to continue with, UpKeep.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We all LOVE your dinks!

We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage your assets and facility!

Mickey
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

Great for out of control maintenance departments!

Our company is very pleased with what the software has accomplished for our maintenance team. It inspires technicians to provide more information to the system because they can easily retrieve historical information when needed.

Pros

Easy to bring technicians onto the system, most technicians are up & using system proficiently in 5 days or less.

Cons

The cost per user is steep for small businesses.

MaintainX, eMaint CMMS and MEX Maintenance

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep

UpKeep is much easier to efficiently manage data and it provides better communication across all users.

MAPCON

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

It’s user interface is much more user friendly.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility.

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 02/03/2020

Very User Friendly

UpKeep is helping us to formally document what maintenance we have been doing all along. it also allows everyone to see what is happening and when, which assists in scheduling. Proper documentation of maintenance is becoming a necessity to maintain our current customers and attract new business. In setting up our system, it also provided an opportunity to exam our current practices and make some improvements.

Pros

We are using UpKeep for our maintenance needs throughout the facility. I made an outline to help me plan how I wanted things to work and it was easy to tailor the system to all of our needs. I found the meters particularly useful. There is plenty of videos online available for those of us who learn visually. (like me)

Cons

To date we haven't really found a downside to the software. Like most new programs there is a period of adjustment, but it was very brief.

FaciliWorks CMMS and Fiix

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

UpKeep seemed to be the most cost effective, user friendly method to achieve our goals.

Replied 16/04/2020
Brian

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Intuitive software that is easy to setup and use daily

Wonderful and knowledgeable sales team

Pros

• Work request portal and app design- easy to use and very precise
• All staff can input requests and can easily check progress by viewing work order
• Front desk can make appointments and have real time info when inquiries are made
• Technicians see work request creation in real time.
• Increased productivity
• Work orders priorities flagged to ensure quick response times
• Central hub to manage all info to improve organization
• Ability to generate work requests via app
• Inventory tracking and resident billing
• Asset management
• Reports

Cons

• No notification that invoices need to be processed

Hippo CMMS

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep

Easy of use that exceeded our needs

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

Sales team willingness to trial the software along with ease of setup and mobile use
Steve
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Upkeep is a great solution!

Our Maintenance team has a increased productivity workflow as a result of Upkeep

Pros

Ease of use, end users have no issues 99% of the time.

Cons

Maybe add comments section for assignee to comment on work order once completed

Hippo CMMS

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

Simplicity, price, ease of use. UI is easy to decipher for our Maint dept.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team.

Abbey
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

Skylawn Memorial Park Word Orders

My experience has been amazing. I dealt with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she has been very helpful with explaining the product and choosing the right package.

Pros

I really enjoy this software because we keep every work order in one system. At Skylawn we were constantly loosing paperwork and falling behind on our duties. With this system it prevents loss and keeps our customers happy.

Cons

There isn't much that I dislike about this software. All I could really recommend is having more customization with all the different plans.

MaintainX

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep

We made the switch because we are wasting a lot of paper and it will make it easier to track all work orders from one device.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

UpKeep had more to offer. I really chose this product because of the inventory tracking.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Abbey,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and thank you for your feedback! We are ecstatic to hear you are finding value in UpKeep and have had such a positive experience with the app!

We will make sure to escalate your feedback regarding more customization with all of the plans we offer to our Product team for their review.

Have a great day!

Replied 14/11/2019
Liam
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 02/03/2019

Great for our medium sized business!

Overall UpKeep is a great piece of software that continues to improve with regular feature updates. I would recommend it to anyone managing a medium to large sized business facility or multiple properties.

Pros

UpKeep is a great service for managing work orders, tracking assets and scheduling your teams time. The request portal and phone app make it easy for our managers to submit maintenance requests and for our maintenance team to prioritize and respond in a timely fashion. The asset system is great for tracking parts and preventative and reactive maintenance that has been performed on individual items such as HVAC units. The Ability to upload pictures and other files such as repair manuals, to work orders and assets is also a huge plus. All around UpKeep is a great piece of software that I would recommend to anyone with a medium to large size business or anyone managing multiple properties.

Cons

UpKeep offers the ability to generate PDF invoices to submit to clients however there is no way to save or return to a generated invoice within the software; once the invoice is exported as PDF and you close the window you can no longer return. I would love to see an invoicing feature that is more similar to the work order system. As a country club we not only track our internal maintenance, but maintenance performed on members golf carts and other items. The ability to generate invoices more fluidly would be much better than having to utilize an integration. I'm also disappointed that the ability to track additional costs related to a work order are only offered in the business plus plan, rather than the professional or starter plans. There are many times where I want to add an individual expense with a description attached to it, without having to input it in the parts and inventory section.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Liam, I'm so glad you're finding UpKeep both easy to use and valuable to your business! Additionally, we appreciate your detailed feedback in features you would like to see and how they would benefit you. Please know that we take all this feedback to heart and continue to work on releasing new features that will support you and your team!

Replied 20/06/2019
Jeff
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

UpKeep Application Review

Pros

The iPhone application is the best so I can easily update and or log in new work orders as I see them without having to use a web browser or a computer.

Cons

I wish the recurring events would not show up until they are due so i don't have to weed through them to see the current stuff. this is probably a view filter of some sort but I haven't figured that out yet.

Fiix

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

The iPhone application and price

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Jeff!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Our strength is offering mobility so that you can take and process work wherever you go so we're so happy to hear that you love using the mobile application!

I'm sorry to hear that managing recurring work orders has proven a bit more challenging to manage. One cool trick that you or whoever is setting up Work Orders can do to cut down on future work orders down the line is using the "Schedule Based on Completion" toggle option when setting up recurring work! This is an awesome tool to ensure that the next work order will show up only when the first work order is complete! Check out the instructions here: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/help-learning/work-orders/how-to-create-and-manage-preventative-maintenance-repeating-work-orders/

Again, thanks for leaving us a fantastic review! We really take and appreciate all feedback seriously.

Replied 19/09/2019
Dave

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Excellent CMMS for Facility Managers

It has been great using UpKeep. Our rep did a great job setting me up and getting my technicians trained has been easy as well - and that speaks the simplicity of the application. All my technicians have Galaxy Tab A 7" tablets which they use with the UpKeep app. They're able to receive work orders while in the field, see all info needed to complete the task and close it out from there. Very efficient and effective. No complaints for the team at UpKeep, they really seem like they care about their product and customers.

Pros

The way it looks. The way it works. Simple, familiar design. Easy to learn and use the interface. A lot about making an application work efficiently and smoothly, is a familiar or simple to use interface, which this meets x 10.
Great tools to utilize; from work order requests, to repetitive work, to inputting assets and added users.
The dashboard is a great tool to monitor who inputs the most work, or closes the most, to what locations or categories are being worked on the most - and thats all linked with your assets to manage life-cycle of equipment.
The support team is very helpful as well. I've had simple questions here and there, and "chatting" on the desktop site yielded very quick responses within minutes of asking.
Love the way I can create my own criteria for Assets, ex; Model #, Serial #, Lifespan, Install Date #. This allows my team to custom build the system to work for our facilities needs.

Cons

Some things still need to be thought out a bit more. A few examples:
-Consistency: between the Android app and the Apple app, both are not identical and work a little differently. For instance, the camera interface and drawing options are a lot more extensive on the iPhone. As well terminology doesn't stay consistent, even with the desktop version in an internet browser; "Dashboard" on the app is "Reporting" on the desktop, and within a work order, there are "Details" and "Update" pages on the app, but on the desktop site they're "Details" and "Activity" - but yet they're the same functions. Someone wouldn't understand this until they've used it of course.

Robert
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

Great For our Small Team

Communication across departments had been a struggle. So Upkeep helps us all be on the same page and know that concerns are addressed right away and not forgotten on some clipboard. Also being able to look back at old requests has helped in creating reports for our board of directors of what we have been doing.

Pros

This software allows our two Maintenance Techs the ability to see what projects and fixes need to happen at a glance. And its a great motivator to get to check items off once they are done. It is really helpful to allow a wide range of team members to post requests from their phone, and the ability to add a picture takes the guess work out of diagnosing the issue. It was cost effective for us with a small team to have two techs on the account, and people from Upkeep were very helpful in getting our account set up.

Cons

There have been a few glitches with the software where it was hard to access the information or I was getting too many notifications, but those usually sorted themselves out quickly. Having to pay for each tech on the account makes it harder with employee turnover and training new ones... Are they going to stick around, or are they tech savey enough. But we have key team members with access and they direct any others. And they product is easy enough to use as long as you just get familiar with it. The tutorials are very helpful.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hey Robert. Thanks for letting us know about the challenges you face with paying for X amount of technicians and retaining that same amount. You can contact us at any time through the "View Plan" page in UpKeep to add/remove technical licenses.

Replied 06/03/2019
Eric
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

I would never again not use CMMS

I love using it and it has streamlined our maintenance department.

Pros

I am a task oriented person and UpKeep keeps me on task. It allows me to have peace of mind in that I don’t have to remember all my task for any given day, month or year. It has brought a level of organization to our organization that we desperately needed.

Cons

It can be glitchy at times. But the staff is very helpful and friendly to get it resolved. Most things can be done on the mobile device which I use 95% of the time. However, sometime I have rouse the desktop for certain pieces of data entry.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for taking some time to leave a review for the UpKeep team. We LOVE the fact that you have peace of mind using UpKeep to manage your work and are so happy that your team's workflow has become organize and efficient. That is amazing! I am sorry to hear that the app has proven glitchy. As you mentioned, our technical support team is ready to verify and address and technical issues you might be experiencing. We have even updated our availability to extend more support hours for our customers! Check out our updated hours and contact information here: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/contact-us/

Again, thank you very much for your review. We're happy to hear that this has streamlined your team's hard work. We take and appreciate all your feedback seriously!

Replied 19/09/2019
Mike
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Works great for what we need!

Pros

Software is easy to use, and is a great way for our building users to submit requests without a long channel of people having to sign off on something. We get immediate notifications when someone submits something, they get immediate notification when it's been accepted and completed, and we even get reminders when something needs to be completed that hasn't seen any work for a while. Very easy to use and self explanatory for both the users and administrators.

Cons

Not necessarily the software's fault, but sometimes people will submit work requests that are vague on location or their precise needs, so if there are additional prompts that may be able solicit more info that'd be great. Always depends on the user though.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage your facility!

Charlie
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Excellent product and excellent customer service.

Helps us demonstrate to our Corporate Family that we are being good stewards of their equipment. Allows us to track the PMs as well as the breakdowns. Has helped increase accountability and communication with the team.

Pros

Customer service plus the ability for any of my team to submit a request. The way they submit the request is very simple so they don't have to be really trained how to use the system. Has helped us create more than just a paper trail for our equipment, it has allowed us to demonstrate our stewardship and our ongoing efforts to proactively maintain our equipment. I also really like that the software is web based and bridges across all platforms we use. We have iPads, Android phones, iPhones, and Microsoft based computers. This allows each of our users to be able to have access at anytime.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to schedule recurring PM's Monthly on a day not just a date. This is a minor detail though that is easily solved with just a little more front end work on the scheduling.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hey Charlie!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

It sounds like you are doing a great job using UpKeep to maintain and document the amazing work of your maintenance operations! Happy to see UpKeep is bridging your whole teams communications and regardless of desktop or mobile!

Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/

Replied 28/05/2020
Larry
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

Best Maintenance Software Out There!

Upkeep is extremely easy to train anyone on. The data and real-time communication have allowed us to implement a total predictive maintenance system which meets our IATF 16949 requirements and more.

Pros

Great customized features such data trends and downtime. You can train anyone to use this software in minutes. Great customer service and price!

Cons

Allow non-ERP users to purchase a sub-tier to be able to use some of the Enterprise features.

FTMaintenance Select and Fiix

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

Features, price and customer service/sales.
Matthew
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

UpKeep is the Gold Standard for CMMS Software!

I can almost guarantee a ROI on this product within the first year of implementation. I truly believe it pays for itself with the ability to go green and stop so much paper reports and tracking, as well freeing up admin staff to do other important duties. It is truly amazing! Techs in the field love it just as much as it makes their job so much easier and provides them abilities to provide updates to important tasks in real time.

Pros

Not only is UpKeep easy to use and learn, getting it implemented within my organization has been practically turnkey! UpKeep staff provided an amazing training experience for my organization and we were up and running in no time. Service after the sale has been fantastic! UpKeep is always ready and willing to help us with whatever we have a question about. Our field techs were super quick to pick it up and become masters with managing of work orders. My organization leadership love it too! It's incredibly easy to see our entire organization in one big picture. UpKeep has by and large far exceeded our expectations. We look forward to using UpKeep for many years to come!

Cons

There are really no cons with this amazing software! Anytime there has been some kind of obstacle during implementation and usage, it has already been resolved to our complete satisfaction.

Elvis
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

It does what it promises

Pros

there are a number of sorting categories that can be hidden or viewed according to your preference, this makes it really easy to use and to find old items that usually disappear in all the clutter you create.

Cons

The interface varies drastically if you switch from ios to android or vise versa, considering they are both "lite" versions of the computer one. Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Elvis! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us. I'm glad you're making good use of the sorting categories. Especially once you have a lot of data loaded in the app, I agree that the categories are a great filter when you need to quickly find something! Check out more features here https://www.onupkeep.com/features.
As for the variation in UpKeep across platforms, the mobile version is designed to benefit you on the go, so it does have a simpler interface. The desktop version on the other hand is where everything is visible. With a bigger screen, you'll have more space to access all of the reporting features, among other things, hopefully making it much easier to use. I hope that makes sense. Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with!

Replied 14/06/2019
Greg
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

My Impressions on UpKeep

My overall experience with this program has been exceptional. If we had a problem and contacted customer support, they get back to us the same day and talk through what we are looking for and they told us how to make it work for us. even upgraded some features like messaging so we can message the Technicians or others in the office using the software. It has been and easy to learn and transition to using the program for what we needed it to do.

Pros

Easy File sharing, searching, indexing. Provides more capabilities than we actually use.
Good for tracking jobs, and the request portal is very helpful for our customers to submit new orders.
the dashboard is easy to manipulate to get a Snapshot in time, and can be used to identify trends in the equipment.

Cons

I haven't figured out how to customize the Colors and the layouts and it kicks out when entering jobs if you
click anything outside the box before you get to the end to save the job.

Jason

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Time and Efficiency

As our company continues to grow UpKeep will be a key tool in managing assets and workflow.

Pros

We currently manage 9 Facilities over about 100 mile radius. When I travel to a facility I need to know exactly what tools and supplies I need. I love that someone can not only put in a request, but can also take a picture. I always go, knowing exactly what I will be dealing with. We have only been using this for about 6 months and I am so excited to continue using and finding new ways UpKeep can save us time and make us more efficient!

Cons

Usability with some of the advanced features is tough sometimes, but customer service is great at helping me figure it out.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage 9 facilities.

Brian

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Time saver and great work flow

Pros

I have been using UpKeep for almost two years and have found it very helpful in managing a small commercial maintenance crew. We maintain 9 self storage facilities and its perfect for managing work tickets. I like that there are several levels of users from requesters that see the work needed at their sites, two levels of technicians, admin controls and also reporting for owners.

I like the fact that I can assign work orders to technicians with ease adding my own notes to the work orders. The technicians can leave updates in the work tickets to show the work completed. their mobile App works really well and is easy to navigate.

UpKeep has been a great program with many valuable features to help manage maintaining our facilities.

Cons

There is really only one feature that I would like to see implemented and that would be having the ability to schedule work tickets with one touch from the work order main page.

Eric

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

UpKeep is The Best

I have used several different platforms for work orders and I believe this one to be hands down the best!

Pros

I think the ease of the software is the best. Learning how to use all the functions is fairly simple and when used head to head with other similar software or apps, you learn pretty fast why UpKeep is worth the investment.

Cons

My only complaint is that whenever you use the mobile app it sends notification for every little entry to all users on your system. If someone is filling out a work order and putting in what they have done and used it sends like 4-8 notifications that the particular work order is being edited. This makes your phone or pad go off repeatedly. I would love to see the notifications only come up when a new work order comes in, when someone puts it in progress, puts it on hold and completes it.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Eric! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I appreciate your feedback! I have escalated your issue with the notifications to our engineering and product team to see what they can do about it. Please know we do our best to resolve all feedback like this.
Thank you for your support of UpKeep - we're so glad to have you as a partner! https://www.onupkeep.com/

Replied 14/06/2019

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Easy to Use

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to set up. Techs can complete work orders via the app or PC. Tenants are able to submit work orders using an email address or custom URL. The ability to schedule recurring work orders is great! Tenants receive an email notification when the work order is In Progress and Complete. They can check the status at any time and have the option to rate the quality of the work.

Cons

It would be helpful for tenants to view the tech notes instead of just users. This would allow them to get a better description of what work was done.

SKYLINE