Google Forms Reviews

About Google Forms

Google Forms is a survey management application that helps businesses create online surveys and questionnaires to collect and organize information. Its white-label capabilities enable organizations to design personalized surveys...

4.8

Browse Google Forms Reviews

10,732 of 10,732 reviews
Gibran Khalil
Gibran Khalil

Reviewed on 19/12/2021

Google Forms works amazingly well and its FREE!

So far, so good. We are really happy with this program. We love the fact that its FREE in comparison to other form softwares we have seen. And it offers great quality, design and work structure.

Pros

We use Google Forms in our business in a daily fashion since we are collecting data all the time. We have a number of forms already online and working around the clock. So far, not a single form has stopped working or thrown an error. The forms are easily customizable, with basic but working designs. And the data can easily be checked while in Google Drive, as you can set it up in a way that it can store all answers on a Google Sheet. Its really amazin and practic.

Cons

It has few options regarding the end results of the form. For example, it would be great if you could autofill a .pdf based on the form's answers. Also, on the design front, it has really basic stuff that could be updated to a more marketing-wise catalog. Updated colors, background options, etc.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Google Forms

Google forms helps me create customer satisfaction survey forms which helps my business get reviews and grow.

Pros

Google Forms allows you to create free survey forms and all other types of forms.

Cons

No pros at all, Google forms is just the best.

Eduardo
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

The simplest way to create a form

In my case, I have been using this tool for a few months combined with advertising on Facebook and Instagram and the conversion of potential clients has been very good for me, since it is free and it does not matter how many people enter, also that the answers arrive directly to my email and a google spreadsheet is automatically generated with the form data

Pros

Honestly, until recently I underestimated the power of the simplicity of this tool, probably due to the aesthetic issues that are not the strong one but I have achieved a great conversion of clients due to the ease and the free system of this tool

Cons

I would say that the graphic part is what I like the least, as well as the functionalities part, where compared to other tools it has few options in terms of the questions that can be added.

Jotform and forms.app

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

In the forms.app application I found the problem that they limit the number of forms that can be signed according to the version you hire and the price of the plans I consider to be quite high, so I decided to take advantage of the free benefits of google form

forms.app

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

I had had previous problems with the amount of forms that could reach me per month due to the payment plans, so I decided to use the free benefits of google forms

Top Google Forms Alternatives

TrueContext (formerly ProntoForms)

SurveyMonkey Enterprise

Atsou
Atsou
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 04/01/2024

Best forms creation

It is simple software to use and to understand.

Pros

The software has helped me to create powerful forms and to take advantage from it. Some of our customers appreciated the software and easily used it.

Cons

Google forms is not complicate to use . it is great

Smriti
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Best Online surveying tool

Pros

I like how easy it is to make your first online forms and it is self explanatory for all newbies.

Cons

I think the other options to google forms have more options with the functionality. Sometimes it feels restricted with the options given by the forms otherwise it is the best.

Sasha

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

Google forms works amazing. It's exactly what we need, it's free, on top of it we already pay...

Pros

I love how organized and seamless the process is with Google forms and how it organizes results at the end.

Cons

Not much I can say that I dislike for the tool. It's super easy to use for beginners, better than what we use on slack for polls.

Bento
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Google forms

Pros

Ease of choosing question formats. In addition to the report with graph that facilitates data analysis.

Cons

Difficulty exporting to Office suite software.

Shaunna

Great product to use

Great product product that is easy to read

Pros

The data includes graphs and other infographics that are helpful

Cons

It’s hard to read the data at times collectively

Maggie
Maggie
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

Survey Says...

Pros

I love the ease of collecting answers and reviewing them in a google sheet!

Cons

I truly wish I could edit the embed code to change the layout to fit the design of my client's website better.

Maura
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Best form maker

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive, it has a lot of automated forms

Cons

I don’t have an answer for this question

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

Best for quick and simple surveys or sign-ups

I would highly recommend using Google Forms as a quick, easy, and free way to create forms for simple surveys, basic event registrations, and contact info collection. There are some limitations so it's best for basic data collection.

Pros

Lots of pros- it’s easy to use once you get familiar with the icons/functions of form building. It’s great to have many options for the types of responses you want (short text, paragraph, multiple choice, check boxes, and drop downs). There is also a file upload option (but you have to require sign-in).

You can have settings in place to be alerted via email when a response comes in. You can set it up so that a spreadsheet is created. You can also embed the form on your site or email.

This form is best when you keep it simple. Using this as a sign-up form or other simple data collection is best. We’ve used Google Forms to create event registrations, event surveys, newsletter content collection, contact info updates, suggestion boxes, and even science fair applications.

Cons

I do wish there was more display customization. Especially with fonts- there are no options for type, size, color, etc. Sometimes you want to be able to bold or underline part of the question or description and there is no way to do that. The only way to emphasize certain parts of the text is to use all uppercase letters or to insert a bunch of symbols.

The other challenge is that for being a user-friendly form builder, there are certainly many elements that are not intuitive. These include looking for the if/then button, the theme options, setting up email alerts, setting up editing access, figuring out the options for sharing the form (login required, no login, etc.), and even to get the link you should use. It all makes sense afterwards. However, they are all in different spots. Some of our faculty aren’t comfortable with a lot of web programs and they are easily confused looking for all the various settings… especially when all the functions are icon based.

It would also be great if there were different print view options. If you use the response spreadsheet, it’s not an issue. But some of our faculty need to print out individual responses. In those instances, there is no condensed version to print. Even a brief registration form can end up being 3 pages.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Since we already use Gmail and Google Drive, it's natural to use Google Forms. It's one less login for the rest of the faculty and staff to remember, and it's helpful to collaborate/access the forms between teams. For more complex surveys, we do end up using Survey Monkey.

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

The Reliable Free Survey Forms You Can Get

I use Google Forms for various activities and needs. Such as, survey form, RSVP registration form, evaluation form. it's kind of one for all tool. It's so useful and important for me.

Pros

1. It's free (at least for now) it has no limitation of "pro" / "premium" service, hence you can use it at the fullest without paying a dime
2. You can control what what the input. For example, you want short description text as the answer, or you want it as a full number. You can also have options to have checkboxes or single option.
3. This is the important thing. It's integrated with GOOGLE SHEET, so you get all your RAW DATA.
4. It has the summary of the result automatically if you don't want to go complex with Google Sheet.
5. It's connected to your Google Account! So you can access the data easily.

Cons

1. It's not as personalized as the similar service provider, Typeform that has the ability to customize the form, and have several "complex" logic. Such as, if you choose option A, then you'll next question will be B.
2. If you want to process the RAW data via Google Sheet, it requires you to understand the Google Sheet. However, if you can't, there is always READY TO USE result that you can use. It depends on your need. In my case, I usually need to manage & process it through Google Sheet. Don't worry, the easy option is always there.

Typeform

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

I enjoy using Google Forms so much because it's free and I don't need that much of luxurious features offered by other provider. With the possibility to process the RAW data, I can get EXACTLY what I want. The challenge is only at the beginning, when I needed to learn on how to use this software.
Sridhar

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Simple, Easy and Smoothest way to collect data

Overall our experience has been good and it has served our purposes of data collection.

The fact that we can hit the ground running in no time is what I really appreciate about this product. I would highly recommend it for users looking for Forms, Data collection tools.

Pros

Google Forms creation is super easy and fast. It takes less than 30mins to create a complex data collection form from our end users.

There are wide variety of question formats available which can suit any businesses of any size ( ours is a small startup)

Forms is also a free product from Google.

Cons

The export option is only CSV. I would like to have a easy way to extract data(certain fields) only instead of the entire zip of csv.

Also the way the answers are rendered ( in tabs for each question, was little confusing at first)

Wufoo and Typeform

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I found Wufoo little complicated and the overall product seemed too over kill for a small company like ours.

Wufoo

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

After careful evaluation, I decided to choose Google Forms for the following reasons. Speed with which our internal teams can learn and create forms. This is the most critical aspect of our business. The wide variety of question formats which are mostly used by standard survey, research and data entry forms that we use. Also Google Forms is free, its best for us.
Anthony
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Great for simple survey creation and deployment

We use forms for program registration and basic surveying. For these purposes Google Forms has been great. It’s a bit frustrating to not be able to easily create a confirmation email, but it hasn’t been a huge detriment. The analysis portion (“Responses”) leaves a lot to be desired, so I export responses to a google sheet every time. Otherwise it’s a nice addition to Google Drive.

Pros

Google forms are a simple and yet robust survey creation tool. There are lots of different question types, you can create sections, and there are even conditionals that will show different questions based on how participants respond. Diving a little deeper users can implement formulas to further customize questions (like including word counts).

Analysis is a bit on the basic side, but you can choose to export to Google Sheets which allows you to manually analyze your data. In addition, you can add tools from the Google Drive store to further expand on the capabilities of Forms (and other Drive tools).

Finally, deploying the form is easy, as is adding collaborators. The basic features of forms doesn’t include the ability to send confirmation emails, but users can add a confirmation message at the end of the survey.

Cons

Google Forms are great for simple questionnaires, but if you are a researcher or need more in-depth features, you’ll find Forms to be lacking. The analysis features leave a lot to be desired. Written responses are hard to compare because of formatting. Numerical responses only display a graph which is fine for a quick visual trend, but can’t be exported or customized in any way.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Access to the tool and cost. Also didn’t need some of the advanced features of Survey Monkey at this time.
Michele

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

Used for Tracking Team Metrics

Overall experience with Google Forms has been pleasant. Its quick to create a new form, easy to check for responses, and user friendly.

Pros

We use Google to run our business, so it is nice how easily I can integrate Forms into other pages we use, like Google Sites that we use for our team portal. Our team members daily go to Google Sites to submit their metrics, feedback, and requests on team portal.

I like that team metrics then populate into a Google Sheet that I can use to analyze trends and use in one on one meetings.

Cons

It's not as customizable as I would like. I use it for team metric tracking. I wish at the start team members would be able to select their name and it would then give a custom set of questions.

As for the consumer side, we don't use Google Forms in our business to collect information, it doesn't look as professional as other sites like JotForm does.

Christine

Reviewed on 07/06/2021

The best software for data collection

We offer telecounseling and in-person counseling as Stand Out 4 Mental Health. Through Google Forms, we have been able to reach out to our clientele through our social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Furthermore, clients are able to provide their contact information, which we can use to reach out for those in crisis. Through the survey-builder, we are able to collect feedback from our clients on a daily basis after the sessions, which keeps us on check at all times.

Pros

What I liked most about the software is that the form is easy to create and design. Additionally, I loved the drag and drop feature that allowed me to arrange the questions in a particular sequence. Moreover, the collaborating tools have enabled us to share important documents among departments which has enabled information to reach in a timely manner. The responses collected are recorded in a spreadsheet which can be manipulated in various ways such as making comparisons and highlighting differences in the data collected. The survey builder has assisted us in collecting feedback from our clientele, which has enabled us to know which areas to improve on for overall performance.

Cons

Due to the large amount of data that we handle daily, I would appreciate if the data collected could be stored on cloud storage instead of a downloadable .CSV file since the future is remote and virtual. Since most of our services are virtual, this will help in sharing of information across the cloud. Another feature that needs improvement is introducing sections for questions, especially when the survey involves quite a number of questions, this will help in improving the logical flow of questions and allow for more questions to be included on the form.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

The design was not as appealing as Google forms. Google forms is inexpensive and the design is easier.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Due to the pricing plans, it was limiting the amount of forms we were sending out per day.
Sharma
Sharma

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

Amazing public form creation tool

My overall experience with Google forms is balanced not so good, not so bad. But I am impressed with its quiz feature with can help to convert your google form into live quiz with point system. Still there are many improvement needed in it.

Pros

What I most like about Google forms is it's simple UI. It's form creation process is very quick and easy. It also provides vast amount of form templates for different events like Event registration, Party invite, Session RSVP and many more.

There are some features which you don't find in other form applications like you can make a Google form a quiz and apply point system in your form, dividing forms in sections, different visualizations for collected data. Also this forms can also be used for taking online exams.

Cons

Google forms gives you lot's of features but there are many factors which affects its positive experience. Most important one is handling higher traffic, Google forms are very bad at handling higher submission traffic. Let me give you one example, Suppose there is an event happening all over India and participants responses are to be collected by google forms, then it will be not a perfect choice because due to higher traffic form immediately crashes.

I also want to request to the google forms team to create a mobile application for forms so it would be much easier to create and send forms to specific target audience.

Typeform

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Typeform's UI is little bit hard for beginners compare to Google Forms. One more thing that Typeform takes some time to create form and make it for the public. In Google forms the process is very quick and easy.
Farrah-Marie

Reviewed on 27/11/2021

Developing forms and surveys to collect data easily and quickly

All the way around, Google Forms has assisted us with achieving higher levels of efficiency in our internal operations. We can't speak enough about how Google Forms has made it easier to collect large amounts of information in short periods of time and with a product that is both easy to set up and use.

Pros

On the front end, it's very easy to create a new form or survey from scratch. Sending out the form once it's ready to go is easy. We usually share the link if it's going out to a lot of recipients. When it's going to a small group of recipients, we find the email option very convenient. Perhaps the most useful feature of Google Forms is how easily it integrates with Google Sheets. With the click of a button, we can export all form responses into a Google Sheet that is easy to share further and manipulate as needed. Once in Google Sheet format, we use Notification Rules to let us know when new responses come in so we can update our reports as necessary. This has been a real game changer for us!

Cons

If we don't remember to copy a form before making adjustments to it, the old version is gone. Unlike other Google tools, we haven't found a way to go back to a prior version so we just have to be extra careful to make a copy before we start editing any existing forms. Maybe there is a way and we just haven't found it yet.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Our institution purchased Google Suite, so using one platform made more sense that trying to maintain multiple products across different departments.

SignUpGenius and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Google Form integrates well with Google Sheets and both are a part of the entire Google Suite, so that made the most sense for us.
Whit
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

A not-perfect-but-good-enough-and-free form builder

We use Google forms for anything that requires that we capture multiple fields of data. We use it for travel abroad applications, updating personal information, surveys and exhibition submissions. We typically embed the forms on our website and they look rather nice. We set up notifications to the appropriate collaborators so that they can be notified when the form is filled out.

Pros

Google Forms is our go-to for form building, even as an institution of higher education. We are a Google school and use the G-Suite for email, file storage, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations so it is natural that Google Forms fits into the workflow. The forms are really easy to set up with many different question types to choose from to build your form. The data loads directly to a Google Sheet which makes it easy to sort and review. Files that are submitted through the forms are also stored in Google Drive and access to these files can be limited.

Cons

There is not a lot of flexibility in the look and feel of a Google Form. We embed a lot of forms on our website and our internally facing intranet. They all look like Google Forms. They are not ugly but they are also not beautiful.

Jotform

Google forms is cheaper.

Jotform

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Google Forms are free and do nearly everything that Jotforms does.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 12/02/2023

If you are a data person, you need Google Forms.

It is a really good application that revolves around data, gathered from surveys, questionnaires, getting feedback, seeking testimonials with a very easy to learn curve for all, along with the integration of Google Sheets that just makes things so simpler without needing to download external analytics software.

Pros

It is so simple to use and can be accessed easily by anyone, not necessarily just a tech or a IT guy. One of the best part is customizing the forms according to the use-case, where me and my team mainly use it to send out surveys and feedback forms with our target audience being the learners, also exporting that information gathered seamlessly to Google Sheets for further Data Cleansing, Data Exploration and Analytics to gather insights. Been using it from the past 3 years and so far it has been part of my daily work routine.

Cons

There is a missing feature of integrating a payment gateway of some sort within the form as it would really be helpful for a lot of people who deal with transactions, example courses, webinars, seminars etc...Can only push data into Google sheets currently and cannot automatically dump this data into pdf sadly.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Survey Monkey turned out to be a tad little bit more expensive compared to Gforms where we did not need the use of the advanced features, Gforms is worth the cost.
Malinda
Malinda
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

The best data collection software

Google forms is one of my favorite data collection software which I have been using for two years. As a station master, I need to get feedback from my co-workers and passengers regarding the service that we provide to passengers and as a government company, how railway system affect to its employees and what opportunities they have gained. That feedback really really matters. and it is a fundamental pillar of a successful company. I can easily gather data from a large crowd using google forms and those data can be analyzed using google sheets. So my overall experience of using google forms is really positive as this software highly impact to the growth of railway system.

Pros

Few years back I used paper feedback submission forms to collect data. Those days I had to print questions in papers and it takes a considerable time to fill a form. So that most of the passengers don't spend their time to write in a question paper. Then google forms came in to the picture and it converted the physical paper into a completely digital system. It reduces the paperwork a lot. Also passengers tend to fill those since it takes a less time than writing answers in a paper. Google form can be created with multiple questions with different types of question types like true/false, yes/no, multiple choices etc. Depending on the response for a certain question, I can give different set of other questions as well. Also questions can be set as essential since it make sure the target audience fill out all the important fields. Also some fancy editable templates are available to use. Responder doesn't need a google account to respond; just click the link and respond. After creating a form, the link can be shared and the data is dumped into google sheet. Then I can analyze the submitted data in real time and can take decisions. The development of railway system highly depends on the satisfaction of the passengers and its employees. So those collected and analyzed data is shared with the higher management to take further decisions. For two years, google forms helped me to take decisions based on the real data in a very practical manner and I think the result is obvious.

Cons

I have experienced that the design customization capabilities of google docs are somewhat limited. It would be great if there are multiple ready to use templates and rich text editing ability available for google forms. Other than that I am totally satisfied with the service that the google forms providing for us.

Jillian

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Collect info easily!

Forms has helped me gather information so much more quickly than email or other options. I use it all the time and will continue to do so. I love the spreadsheets that I can make with it.

A few weeks a colleague who was arranging lunch for our workplace emailed us asking for our lunch preferences. Another colleague quickly created a Google Form that would allow her to not only collect our lunch preferences, but in a very organized way. The first colleague was amazed and said she's been using Google Forms ever since. It has saved us so much time at work!

Pros

I use this very frequently at work, both to make and take surveys.

Questions can be organized into sections. Questions can be multiple choice, short answer, long answer, or other formats.

I can move questions around if I decide later to change the order.

I can choose a theme to make it aesthetically pleasing for the person taking it.

I can easily view responses one at a time, by question, or in a spreadsheet.

I can decide to make certain questions required.

I can easily email the form or post a link.

Cons

There is one thing that I wish Forms could do.

Often, I use Forms to find out which committee each member wants to be on.

I can create a question with choices that they click on, and they can click on as many or few as they want.

But if people click on more than one option, I can't organize the responses by individual option. All answers go in the same cell in Excel.

So for example, maybe my options are Mardi Gras, trivia contest, and service project. Some members choose just Mardi Gras, some might choose Mardi Gras & trivia, and some might choose all three. There's no way to easily sort by who chose Mardi Gras, ignoring the other two options.

I've found a work-around but it's a little clunky: I divide questions like that into as many questions as there are options. So I would have to make one question that says "Do you want to be on the Mardi Gras committee?" and the choices are yes or no. Then I do that for each committee. It takes longer, but then I am capable of sorting for just the one particular option that I'm looking for.

Aman
Aman
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

google form

Google Forms is a well-liked and frequently used tool that allows users to create customized surveys, questionnaires, and feedback forms with ease and flexibility. The tool's collaboration features enable multiple users to work on the same form simultaneously, which is especially useful for team projects or situations where input is needed from various sources.

Pros

Google Forms is a versatile and powerful tool that can be used for a variety of purposes, from conducting market research to gathering feedback from customers or employees.One of the biggest advantages of using Google Forms is its simplicity and ease of use. It offers a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to create and customize forms, even for users who are not technically savvy.

Cons

1. A drawback of Google Forms is that it has limited options for customization of the form's design and layout. Although users have the ability to adjust color and font, they may find it difficult to create custom layouts beyond the predefined templates provided by the software.2. While Google Forms provides advanced features like conditional logic and question branching for creating complex surveys or questionnaires, some users may have difficulty navigating these features as they may require technical expertise and a learning curve to use effectively.3. Google Forms is limited in its advanced reporting and analytics capabilities, and users may find it challenging to interpret and visualize the data they collect in a meaningful and insightful way. Although users can easily export and collect data from their forms, the software's reporting features may not be as advanced as some users need.

Hailey
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 16/05/2023

Amazing Event Planning Template

My organization strategy has always been the pen-and-paper method. Switching to Google Forms was a little daunting to me at first. After a few tries I was able to customize the forms to ask the questions I needed and based on the answer, ask follow-up questions. This allows my clients to fill out the form when they have time, rather than rushing through it at an in-person meeting. On the day of the event, I still print the form out to have my paper copy but if the paper is misplaced I have all the information I need online still.

Pros

Google Forms allows me to make sure I don't miss any questions. I send my clients the form to fill out, at their leisure, and I am notified when the form is complete. I can then easily share the information with the correct employee.

Cons

Forms is incredibly easy to use, once you get the hang of it. It took some practice but I am now able to create forms in blocks which allow clients to move from one section to the next without having to go through sections that may be irrelevant to their event. Now if only clients could go back into the form and edit their responses without having to complete the form again entirely, it would be perfect.

Jotform and Zoho Creator
Dayana
Dayana

Reviewed on 16/07/2023

Google Forms facilitates real-time data capture and analysis

Google Forms has been characterized as a very useful tool for capturing data for analysis, you only need to have a Google account to access this tool which thanks to its ease of creating forms and in turn the way to share them either via email, sms or social networks, can reach a large number of users from which it seeks to capture the desired information, this is very helpful because based on the analysis you can make decisions based on the results obtained, Google Forms greatly facilitates our daily work.

Pros

I love Google Forms because it has been a support tool in my work for more than 5 years, this tool is very versatile and easy to use and implement to the point that anyone with basic knowledge can make use of this without any problem getting much out of it, its versatility has allowed the use in both operational and commercial areas either interacting with technicians repairers of services or with users where they express details of the conformity or nonconformity of the service installed, In addition to the aforementioned areas, the tool is useful to evaluate new members of the customer service department where we can implement a form as an evaluation and with the different alternatives of answers that Google Forms offers us it is very easy to export the data and analyze them in real time.

Cons

Having clear that Google Forms offers us a number of customization alternatives in terms of type of questions and answers, it is also clear that the customization layer is not fully implemented to the point that it has very few fonts and colors compared to other similar tools, however, this detail does not detract from the extensive functionality offered making it one of the strongest alternatives on the market.