About Breezy

Breezy is a recruiting platform for small and midsize businesses. The solution provides functionality for applicant sourcing and tracking, resume parsing, and video interviews and more. The application is cloud-based and...

Browse Breezy Reviews

1,331 of 1,331 reviews
Ilan E.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 03/07/2020

Very happy customer

Very positive.

Pros

We selected BreezyHR for the nice balance of a) modern, clean, easy-to-use UX, b) affordable price range, c) decent level of functionality, d) ability to run high-quality structured hiring (including reducing unconscious bias).

We've been very pleased on most fronts.

Cons

My minor complaints are there are a couple user flows that aren't intuitive. One or two bugs. One of two things you can't customize without fully clicking through.
Oh and also the hours of customer service are US based, whereas we're in UK

Recruitee, JazzHR, Workable and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

The reasons already stated. Mix of good price, and good UX (better than most), with good feature set.
Syahadah M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

Manage recruiting process effectively

Managing all the recruiting and hiring process in one place has help me and team to effectively manage it. Recruiting process is not suitable to be done manually anymore, and we really dependent on Brezzy to help with the automation of the candidate applying process.

Pros

Promoting and advertising for a job opening to Breezy job board is very simple and easy to do. Keeping track on candidate application using the candidate management is very effective as it will produce a report and analytics for all the candidate data that has applying for the position.

Cons

Breezy is full of bugs and the report generated are not always reliable as some of the current data is not counted on the report which make the insight from the report very different with our own data. There are also no option to archive candidate data in the software storage for future reference.

Jeff B.

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

Everything I was wanting

Pros

I really love the layout of the profiles and the layout of the candidates within the job posting. I can navigate amongst candidates exactly how I was wanting and it really helps to visualize how much volume I have for each role. Also, the profile scraping is really good and better than anything I have used to date. Overall, it's everything I was wanting for recruiting.

Cons

Boolean searches do not seem to be as robust as I'd like and the page loading time can sometimes be a little slow.

Top Breezy Alternatives

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 04/05/2022

Easy to use HR online page

Breezy really helped us redirect people looking to apply for a job into one place: our Breezy page. From there it's easy to see the openings, requirements, etc. And also super easy to get in touch with us and apply !

Pros

We have been using it for one of our client who was searching for a way to display his job openings online. We have been able to create pages for each opening, set some applying rules, allow people to apply for jobs and send us resumes (LinkedIn profiles or else). We also found it very easy backend to have a look at all the resultst we got and manage everything and everyone.

Cons

From my point of view, no con points so far. Maybe some things can be changed in terms of UX/UI but it doesn't really change the user experience.

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

Great ATS for in-house recruitment

So far we love it! It helps us a lot with our interview process and word with other teams in the company

Pros

It's really easy to use! We love the UI/UX. Also, it's great that interviewers get a link to submit their scorecard directly on the invite, makes it simpler to work along other dedpartments.

Cons

It's still missing some features like integration with calendly and also having a different scorecard based on the interview stage. Although, they do have their own scheduling but given that we work with other departments it would be easier just to integrate with their calendly instead of having them go through the entire set up.

Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Breezy

Basically the UI/UX and because Breezy was better adjusted for in-house recruitment

Recruit CRM

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

Honestly, pricing! Breezy gives you almost everything Greenhouse + Talentwall offers you for half the price.
Mandy G.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

Doesn't deliver what they promise

Very disappointed that we're stuck with a product that doesn't do what we were led to believe it would do. Customer service has always been quick but it's been frustrating that the response has been to enter it as a feature request...it's Outlook - the critical integration we were led to believe we would have and that's all the support we get.

Pros

Ease of information transfer among the team; ease of job postings across multiple platforms; quick response time from customer service

Cons

Software promised Outlook integration but they don't integrate with Outlook Express which is what we use. Outlook Integration was the whole reason we moved to Breezy. Now we're stuck with a product that only halfway does what we're needing.

Omar E.

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

The best ATS & Customer Support experience ever

My main business problem is Volume Hiring and Quick screening of candidates. Breezy was the perfect match after looking at several alternatives. Breezy has the product & the team to deliver exceptional value to their customers.

Pros

Great product, easy to use & greatly customizable. The trial period was a very successful & pleasant experience with Breezy , all the chat support team as well as the Sales Manager & his team. I spoke / chatted to almost everybody in these teams & was glad to get an excellent & consistent service every single time :-) so thank you All. That was the reason I moved forward with Breezy after the trial period. The technical features of BreezyHR are also amazing as outlined above.

Cons

To be honest, I could not spot a major weakness as whatever issue I ran into, the support team works with me sending resources my way and connecting me with the users community. Also features are being added on a regular basis.

Jodie G.

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

Excellent Software for recruitment

Pros

I like the ease of posting to multiple job boards and the drag and drop features. I like that it links to SMS and email and that hiring managers can discuss and write notes about candidates.

Cons

Reporting - seems to be a bit clunky. Would like to see a dashboard with essential statistics like average time to hire for all roles.

Sanae M.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 21/03/2022

Breezy Review

Pros

Inexpensive, easy to use. It did what I needed.

Cons

I don't have much to say. It did what I needed.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

Easy to setup, even easier to use

Pros

The biggest reason we chose Breezy was because of the applicant tracking board and associated automation. It's easy to see which candidates are at which stage, and the have automated messages/schedule trigger when folks are moved through the stages.

Cons

Because of the way permissions are setup, not all team members can see the reviews of a candidate at first glance. It's not a serious issue, but does fall into the category of minor friction.

Elisha W.

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

Breezy is a Breeze!

I was having to host a great deal of candidate information including resumes in my own computer memory. I am happy to have a cloud to keep this information securely and free up space on my computer. I am able to search for candidates that match job descriptions that I am searching for better than in other platforms I have used due to the tagging feature. I am able to organize candidates well and visually see what kind of pool I have at my disposal, who is working on certain positions.

Pros

I have not yet been able to utilize all of the features of this product since I am a team of one and use the free version, but I can say that it has been very helpful to me in the recruitment process. I love the organization of it and the options that I would utilize if I did have a team. I look to add a paid subscription in the future to implement to communication feature of texting and scheduling. I used both of those features in the free trial and found it so much easier to communicate directly through the platform instead of using 3 different tools to text, email and schedule with candidates.

Cons

The least valued feature I have discovered thus far is that when I set up a position, I have to give it a number and sometimes cannot remember what number I used on the last position I put in. It would be nice if there was an automated feature that automatically gives a new job the next number under a category such as nursing. Another feature that has been of concern at times is that when I go into a candidate record initially to make changes in their profile and then go to escape the profile, the changes I made disappear and I have to go back and change them again. This only happens on the first attempt. The problem seems to have improved.

JobAdder

Reasons for Choosing Breezy

I was using JobAdder with another company I was retained by. As far as I know, they continue to use JobAdder. I used it for at least 1.5 years. I have found Breezy to be efficient where Job Adder was not.

JobAdder

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

As I stated before, I have found Breezy to be efficient where JobAdder was not.
Matthew S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

You WILL ask yourselves "How did we survive without this?"

I will TRY to make this brief as there is WAY WAY WAYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH AWESOMENESS to go on about here.

The VALUE proposition is massive. Speed of service AND the ability to EXPEDITE decision making by our internal and client teams.... that goes BEYOND a simple ROI calc and becomes a "Ease of Doing Business" - OCM style metric.

Candidates ARE our customers. The C-sat scores we get, and the RELATIONSHIPS we are building with applicants who evolve into candidates.... has been transformative at every level for our clients.

Our CLIENTS are blown away by the workflows, the consistent communications, and again.... the SPEED at which culture aligned, technically over qualified, motivated people are coming to them for final interviews ready to start.

Pros

The 3 biggest pieces of BREEZY that are CRITICAL to our business:
1st - speed of service
2nd - reduction of tools
3rd - centralization of communication

SPEED OF SERVICE
The ability to integrate with SLACK allowing us to reply to applicants with templates AND actually have dialogs when they become candidates was paramount to ensure positive candidate experiences. The BULK of HR/Recruitment engagements are canned, heartless replies - and Millenial "ghosting" style messaging.

REDUCTION OF TOOLS
The APIs for integration to our search and listing platforms AND the robust communication tools enable us to ALL use BREEZY as a "close to one stop" shop. We STILL need to post feeds and set up listing accounts AND we are pointing them ALL to BREEZY. The Google and HIRETUAL integrations are phenomenal.

COMMUNICATIONS
Internally having our conversations AND externally scheduling and engaging the candidates ALL IN ONE PLACE. NO MORE EMAIL CLUTTER. NO MORE BACK AND FORTH EXCUSES. Just a SINGLE source of TRUTH holding us ALL accountable to the candidate and each other.

Cons

Because we use BREEZY a MINIMUM of like 3 hours of our day - AND - it is in the cloud - there CAN be some slow times. These slow times have NOTHING to do with BREEZY and EVERYTHING to do with normal Internet traffic times.

The Breezy DevOps teams are always working on new features, and SUPER responsive to requests. We have made several and will make more, AND YET, out of the "cloud" box - there is nothing to really state as a CON.

I would advise against their Video Calling at this time - coming from my background at Cisco Systems - I am hyper partial to WebEx and Zoom calls. Breezy team are working on evolving the calendaring and video calling components though.

Rory S.

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Fantastic product, especially for the price

Breezy seems to do a very good job with distributing the job postings and generating candidates. The user interface is very intuitive and there's a ton of built-in functionality such as questionnaires, interview/meeting scheduling, electronic signatures and more.

Pros

Virtually all of the functionality you would come to expect from an ATS can be found in Breezy and at a price much lower than some of the leading competitors.

Cons

They can't provide an SSL certificate if you use your own subdomain (e.g. careers.yoursite.com) so it is not delivered via HTTPS (you'd have to use the default URL, which would be something like your-site.breezy.hr instead), and not everything as configurable as I'd like (e.g. user roles). There's also very limited custom reporting, but the standard reports are nice at least.

Recruiterbox, Greenhouse and Lever

Reasons for Choosing Breezy

Cost was a major factor in deciding to switch, and Breezy offered much of the same functionality at a fraction of the price. Taleo is certainly more robust and configurable, but that's not always a good thing, nor is it always necessary (or helpful when you have a small team).

Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

Breezy offered the best combination of price and functionality that best met our clients' needs.
Vicki T.

BEST Customer Service, MOST RESPONSIVE Team

100% satisfied. This entire company has a "can-do" attitude. No challenge is brushed off as not important. Everyone at Breezy seems to work as a team with each customer being the central focus. This is just so very unique, and it makes the entire process feel like you have a very smart expert right at the desk next to you. Creative, brilliant people, those Breezy folk are!

Pros

Fabulous on-demand customer care is always there to answer questions and take input on feature enhancements. They CARE! So UNIQUE in the software industry.

Cons

Breezy is best suited for a small to medium-sized business doing in-house recruiting. We are a boutique recruiting firm, and while the system works like a charm, we need to also interface with a proposal system and a CRM, and that is not how it is intended.

Scott E.

Reviewed on 28/06/2016

Great easy ATS

I tried Breezy HR after stumbling upon them in Product Hunt, and I'm glad I did. I used to use Workable at a former employer, but I was starting my own recruiting company and wanted to start off with a solid free trial. Workable offers one, but Breezy offers a completely free posting forever, so we figured we could start with that!

We quickly got some applicants, and found the process with adding people from LinkedIn and moving them through the pipeline to be very easy. Support is also readily available, and the prices are better than for Workable. As the tiers go up and we needed larger and larger amounts of job postings, Breezy HR stays much more affordable than Workable, and as far as I'm concerned it's basically the same product.

The tagging of people, managing them through the pipeline, taking notes on them etc are all essentially the same. I can't really remember using anything differently in Workable, but to be fair I haven't used it in a year or so.

Pros

I like how simple it is to syndicate out to dozens of job boards. That's the main purpose for us, and it works pretty well. It also has a nice and easy to use Kanban interface which we have grown used to from our opportunities and task pages.

I also really like their Chrome extension which allows us to easily add someone to Breezy from LinkedIn. Somehow Workable doesn't offer this, and it's a life saver in terms of monitoring who you messaged and who you didn't.

Cons

The support is a little lacking, but not in the quality. They use Intercom and I learned from Outreach.io when they switched from the Live Chat interface to support tickets that they had found live chat actually slows interactions for support. I found this to be true with Breezy as I ask a question, they get back at some point later when I'm not there, then I answer much later etc etc.

It's a lot of back and forth that's very slow, and I think support tickets would help manage this better than a live chat where it's easy to ask really quick questions and go back and forth for awhile.

My only other gripe is integration. I'm making the leap to SFDC, and Breezy only seems to integrate with things via Zapier. Workable is the same. It's not a deal breaker, but a nice SFDC integration would be amazing since we're already paying for the software. I have been looking at alternative ATS's that sync with SFDC just to make my life easier.

Response from Breezy HR

Thanks Scott.

Great to be working with you.

Replied 28/06/2016
Tate F.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 21/12/2019

An ATS that doesn't make you hate hiring

I tried, implemented, and used Breezy to hire. It helps hiring teams be more synchronized, helps the company look good to prospective candidates, and makes the process very seamless. While the UI and the workflow has been odd at times, they do improve often and are VERY helpful to respond to feedback and requests. It's easy to use for teams where technical competency varies, and I deeply appreciate that.

Pros

Breezy has the most features for the money, without question.

Cons

The UI has some obvious growing pains, especially in workflows and the automation processes.

Lever and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Breezy

Bamboo is A LOT of money for generally the same product. Breezy isn't a full HR tool, but it's way easier to deploy, makes HR manager's job easy, and really allows the team to contribute. Oh, and I've never had pushy reps try and upsell me. Bamboo reps are PUSHY.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

The amount of features you get for the price is second to none. The basic packages come with better features than the competition's higher level offerings; such as automation and calendar tools. On top of that Breezy sales and support were very easy to work with, didn't try to act like we're a billion dollar company with deep pockets, and were never pushy.
Michele H.

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Excellent ATS -flezible and easy to use!

Our greatest challenge in implementing an ATS was getting all of our recruiters on board with utilizing it as the sole means of candidate tracking. Other systems that we tried never suited our needs well enough to get our team working cohesively and dedicated to one system. Breezy has been a real boon to our recruitment

Pros

The best part of Breezy is that it can be used by our recruiters either according to how they prefer to approach their work or by how the team decides. It's so easy to learn and to customize

Cons

I want to be able to delete old positions

Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Reasons for Choosing Breezy

We weren't able customize other ATS enough to suit our needs. The biggest issue however was cost. Breezy fits our budget and is customizable to our business

Workable

Price
Asif S.

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

Amazing HRMS, We Love It!

We've been using Breezy HR for over a year. We manage all of our candidate pooling and onboarding processes through it. With Breezy HR we can manage everything from one place. Other HR Recruitment Applications that we’ve used have been difficult to work with, but Breezy HR was easy to learn.   Our team loves the simplicity and the functionality it gives to the overall employee onboarding process. A simple task of profiling of candidates that used to take days and sometimes even weeks have now been reduced to take a matter of minutes or hours.  Breezy HR is a huge timesaver for us and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a complete recruitment solution.

Pros

Candidate Pooling is easy with a career page.
Candidate Profiling becomes easy
Easy to learn and use.
Timesaver
Full Life-Cycle HR management

Cons

Can develop into a complete HRMS with payroll and expense management in future.

Freshteam

Poor technical support

Freshteam

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

Great product and great service!
Loreen S.

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

Breezy as helpful hiring tool

Overall, it is still user friendly. Automation features especially for emails and questionnaires provide ease and seamless process. New hiring managers can easily navigate through it without much orientation.

Pros

Able to customize the pipelines to suit our needs. Scheduler for interviews is helpful especially with the recent integration to Zoom. Reports/Analytics lead us to take proactive actions in our hiring strategies.

Cons

Some features would be most helpful if implemented like: Locations to drill down to specific region/cities. Right now, we are stuck with choosing a country . If we want to cover a region, we can't tick multiple countries. Also specifying in the Activity reports when a job is actually activated and when it is closed. It is not among the current reports. This is very helpful to track the Fill in rate for a job. Another thing is maybe providing another time option for video recording and not just limit it to 1 minute.

Shikha V.

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Easy Peasy-let's go along with Breezy

My overall experience with Breezy has been great so far. It collaborates all the winning features of the recruitment cycle requirement and present it on a single platform. The flow of a candidate through different phases is smooth, simple, and easy to navigate for all the users. It has helped in creating a more interactive relationship with the applicants.

Pros

Breezy HR is a recruitment tool for all kinds of businesses. Its framework is based on the most important aspects of recruitment cycle, designed in a perfect manner to provide a miraculous experience to the Talent Hunter. It has a strong visual customization wherein you can see a candidate’s profile moving from being in the selected board to feedback and then depending upon the feedback, it goes to qualified/disqualified category. You can customize the entire process at each step.

It is an extremely helpful tool for a recruiter when you are working on different kind roles as it helps in customization of the information received from applicants as per needs. The tech support team is easy to reach via chat option on the portal. The entire interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

I cannot think of cons with reference to the features and functionality of the product but it may seem expensive if there too many postings in a month so there is increment in the fees. It can be little expensive for a startup. However, overall it is worth it.

Mary S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 01/07/2020

Breezy is a Breeze!

Breezy has exceeded my expectations, especially when I needed to move quickly.

Pros

1. Set up was super easy.
2. Customer support is amazing; they are super responsive and thorough; willing to find new solutions
3. UI is modern and a breeze to use

Cons

The only improvement that I would like to see is the ability to edit the job from the Pipeline screen.

JazzHR, Jobvite and Greenhouse

Functionality and customer service

ApplicantStack

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

I chose Breezy because their reviews were good, and honestly, they were super responsive when I asked for a demo. They provided a demo same day, gave me a free trial, and checked in appropriately to make sure I got the functionality I needed.
Joe K.

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Easy-Peazy, that's just Breezy!

I come from a $2bn company with 1,000 hiring managers. I was the co-leader of a project to select, configure and deploy an ATS across the entire enterprise. We chose iCIMS and had challenges with user adoption with Hiring Managers, Recruiters, and Coordinators, alike. Through that experience, as well as working as a user or admin with a dozen other systems in my career, I can't tell you how valuable an easy system can be for a small company! When I was asked to select and deploy a system for our company of 50 hiring managers and 40+ locations, I scheduled Breezy, Jazz, Jobvite, and several others - I looked at all of the top 15 platforms available today. I kept coming back to Breezy. Let me tell you - the results have been phenomenal! At the end of the day, I just need applications of qualified candidates and for easy candidate management for my hiring managers. Breezy delivers it all!

Pros

Month-to-month contract, Trelio-style project management user interface, and simple configuration.

Cons

Some features that you'd get in a big, complex enterprise system, but they don't really matter in the day-to-day. Breezy delivers.

JazzHR, Jobvite, Greenhouse and Lever

Recruiting System Quality.

Indeed and Paycom

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

Cost, UI, and Ease-of-Use.
Bradley M.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Recruitment is a Breeze with BreezyHR

So far, so good. I really like Breezy for my hiring needs and it is a step above what we previously used. Hiring used to be a much more complicated task before BreezyHR came along.

Pros

The company I work with recently made the switch to BreezyHR about a year ago for our recruitment needs. have to say that it is a one-stop-shop for anything you would need to accomplish while in "hiring mode".
The amount of features that it has makes this once daunting process a breeze in comparison to similar products.
Some of the best features included are the ability to keep your conversations about potential candidates within that profile, send emails to the candidate directly from Breezy so everyone is in the loop and even schedule remote interviews if needed.
I also like that you are able to create categories and subcategories for incoming applications and arrange them in a way that best suits you and your needs.
Breezy also allows potential candidates to upload more than a CV or resume. You can add customizable pre-screening questions or assessments to your application process and even request a video introduction, which is very helpful in the outsourcing world.
Following an interview, Breezy also allows you and your team to leave a scorecard from the interview, which is a big plus, instead of taking your own handwritten notes or in some spreadsheet.

Cons

It can be glitchy at times, but nothing too serious or I have not had any major setbacks while using this software.

Joe T.

Reviewed on 02/10/2017

Overall Breezy has really streamlined our hiring process and cut our admin time down considerab...

We used to manage our seasonal hiring through gmail and spreadsheets, so it's much easier now to go through the process, leaving us more time in our day!

Pros

The ability to not only have email templates but to automate the sending of them with placeholders for the position and candidate name is a great feature. The visual pipeline is great, and being able to change a candidate's status from multiple access points makes it really easy to move candidates through the pipeline without actually having to go back to that view every time. The layout is simple, but the customization is powerful, so we were really able to customize the process so we are doing the same things we used to do through email, just much faster.

Cons

The meeting scheduling didn't work for us, and we ended up using a service called Calendly for setting up interviews since they allow us to provide one link and let the interviewee choose any available date, versus us having to offer specific dates, which takes up more time and makes the scheduling management more complicated. But since that process is outside of breezy, there is the extra step of then moving them through the pipeline. It would be nice if Breezy could have the option of letting the candidate choose from any available time, so we don't have to manually choose a time, then they could be automatically moved through the pipeline when they schedule.

The handling of repeat applicants is also not as intuitive as we'd like. Even when an applicant applies with the same email address, they show up as a separate profile. We've had the problem where if someone applies through indeed and we move them into breezy, the email is different so there's no way to know right away if they are a repeat. Also, we hire a seasonal team every year, so we'd love a way to flag people who come back, especially if we didn't hire them in the past. We tend to not hire people we've rejected, so we want to make sure we don't bring them in for an interview

Roland A.

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

A great choice for the entire recruitment lifecycle

We adopted Breezy when it was fairly new and built our recruitment process around it. It does an amazing job of importing resumes, automating internal chat about the candidate, automating email communications with the candidate, and building custom forms/questionnaires for candidates to complete. The entire recruiting team uses it to promote our company's openings and organize our processing of candidates. We selected Breezy instead of using a tool that is built into our HR platform. If we used that tool some things would be a lot easier (such as onboarding) but what Breezy offers is so much better we care less about that aspect. Since we have to process 10-20-more candidates for every one we hire it makes sense to use a tool that is really good at those tasks. Breezy helps us make sure we spend most of our time reviewing the best candidates while treating everyone with respect.

Pros

Rich feature set; especially given the cost. The pipeline customization and management features are great.

Cons

Sometimes the UI has been a bit ahead of what works well on various browsers and some tools have not worked well at all. However lately everything seems to be good.

Response from Breezy HR

Hi Roland -

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it - your kind words help us steer forward, and we appreciate your honesty, as well.

Here's to more happy hiring! :)

- Breezy Team

Replied 06/12/2016