About honeybeeBase

honeybeeBase is a cloud-based team management solution for small size businesses that allows them to track attendance, schedule tasks, clock employees in and out, communicate shifts and more. honeybeeBase allows employees to...

3.9

Browse honeybeeBase Reviews

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Recommendation

I find it very easy to use. It is prompt and the layout is user friendly

Pros

Ease of use. I can easily clock myself in.

Cons

So far there is nothing that I dislike about it.

Cathy
  • Industry: Government Administration

Excellent product

Overall I am very happy with the product. The customer service is exceptional. I cannot rave enough on that. I always get a response almost immediately and that in itself makes this an awesome product.

Pros

It's very easy to use and implement. The customer service is awesome.

Cons

I cannot enter our holidays across the board for all employees. I have to enter each holiday for each employee individually which is very time consuming. Also wish there was a way to make a group punch, such as when we were closed due to power outage or because of a hurricane evacuation, etc..... and employees received admin leave with pay. I had to enter each one individually. Our employees are not allowed to enter or make adjustments on their time sheets. They can only clock in and out.

Isaiah

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Budget Friendly Employee Time Management

For day to day use, the platform is fine. honeybeeBase meets our current needs and we've been happy with the customer support and overall price point.

Pros

The software is simple to use once you understand its application. For a simple time management tool, it is priced very well and works for our small office.

Cons

The design is relatively simple and navigating to where you need to be can take a few unnecessary steps.

Top honeybeeBase Alternatives

Melissa
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Pivot

good

Pros

It is very affordable and the customer support is very responsive.

Cons

A time clock option would be a good thing to have installed

UKG Ready

Reasons for Switching to honeybeeBase

Thomas

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

Overall, Great!

Currently rolling out to the entire team, but it has made the vacation request & tracking extremely efficient as well as the time clock feature giving direct responsibility back to the employees.

Pros

Ease of adding employees, constantly adding updates and great customer support.

Cons

You can tell this tool is oriented towards smaller groups. For example, doing mass updates is not possible with vacation allowances or locations access. I had to manually modify the location for 67 employees 1 by 1.

When mass updating it would be a god send to be able to input hire date and employee number instead of one by one later.

While the knowledge section is a great starter, there is much left that's needed, specifically for managers , supervisors, and the account owners. There are several aspects that are missing from the tool, for example the absent function. When searching for it in the knowledge base, no results returned. How is it intended to be used?What can it be used for?

Is there a way to set specific holidays? I'm not sure at this point still. I'd hate to have to add it for 130 agents, or even add 6 different accruement policies.

Crystal
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Honeybee Review

I feel that this has eased a burden on my employer for helping track time. I know that it is frustrating and time consuming on the bosses when an employees forgets to clock in.

Pros

Accessibility, ease of using the phone app. We have a lot of agents in the field, and that travel for work after hours. This program helps track their work time and helps alleviate our Workers Compensation concerns when they are not in the office. I am sure that most companies do not think about from that perspective.

Cons

The bugs in the software, when it freezes, or throws an error, which I understand sometimes is operator error.

RENEE

Ease of use

Easy to Access and Use. Very Intuitive software

Pros

I do like the Ease of Access of the software

Cons

I don't like the Loading Time of the software

Naomi

Time Sheet

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and the ability to see my timecard and punches in real time. Being able to keep track of my hours down to the second is extremely helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the app lags however when this occurs I am always able to just login online.

Helen
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

"Tracking my students at clinical"

We did a trial semester then a full semester and now are continuing to use the product.

Pros

I could easily get a message from my students when they arrived and left clinical.
I could text back and forth with my group.
I could follow their attendance.

I could document if they were late.

Cons

My students forget to sign in or out. It needs an alarm clock reminder.

Danielle
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Admin Use

I enjoy it. I am very computer savvy so the complications with the website does not bother me, however it is completed for others to understand.

Pros

It is easy to use to log times.
it is easy to add users.
It is easy to use on phone.

Cons

The complications with holiday days off and running reports.
Switching locations or status and having to push "change status", because if you push "done" on the keyboard it does not take the information and you have to restart.

Chad

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

Overall A Very Good ETC System

Overall, everyone we have interacted with has been great and at the very least has helped us come up with "work arounds" if the exact thing we were looking for isn't available yet. If we've had any questions or concerns, they have all been addressed right away!

Pros

It is relatively intuitive and simple to use for the average user. The company has been EXTREMELY helpful in setting our system up (~130 users) and working with us on understanding the finer details. Vacation scheduling is very nice, and so far seems to be working quite well for us.

Cons

It can be a little too much manual entry and set up for larger organizations (100+) as certain items may need to be altered on a per person method. However, we can see that once everything is set up properly, it will need very little ongoing maintenance.

JJ
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

honeybeeBase keeps track for me

Pros

Easy to use and keep track of multiple employees at multiple job sites.

Cons

Can not stay logged in on website without full username and password. Must use the app to input 4 digit login code.

Marcy
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

10/24/18 Environmental Laboratory Review

Customer service is outstanding. Honeybeebase worked with us to create a function for paid time off based on custom dates versus date of hire.

Pros

The ability to see real time employee Human Resource information, the ability to assign users to a specific supervisor, the ability to assign rights to users, user access to paid time off accruals and a web based time clock system. The software also provides a means to create quizzes and print certificates. The customer support team provides on-line training, answers questions promptly by email and helps populate users in the software.

Cons

Honeybeebase provide on-line training but as with any new software product it is a little difficult to find some of the functions.

Jason

Easy

Has not let me down so far. Much easier to track punch times.

Pros

Easy to use software. Great weekly time recording with pto times. They make it even easier with their cell phone app that allows mobile punches in and out.

Cons

Nothing so far. Service and software has performed as promised.

Marissa
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Honeybee Review

Pros

I like the mobile app and the ability to use it anywhere not just at your computer.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app freezes and does not accept your logging in or out.

Elizabeth

New User- Some navigation difficulties

I have only been using this software for about a week and only use it to clock in and out of work. Overall my experience has been positive.

Pros

I like how easy it is to clock in and out of work using this software. The punch card page itself is great and easy to use

Cons

While keeping in mind, that I have only been using Honeybeebase for a little over a week I find it difficult to navigate. I have had some difficulty locating a record of my time clock and navigating back to the punch card page.

Alexis

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

HoneyBee!

Pros

It’s a very simple and straight forward program and always works

Cons

It logs you off after not using it for several hours

Colleen

Very User Friendly

Pros

I like how user friendly the software is.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software.

tomiwa

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Review to help grow the honeybeeBase

Clocking in, tracking work hours and paid time off hours. We are also solving problems of employees giving in a fake clock in time.

Pros

It was very efficient and easy to use, every user had their own Login information.

Cons

It required a login information, which usually took a little time to sign in and almost made employees appear late. Soft wares where ID's are simply swiped seem good.

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

Not bad for website application

If you set it as a homepage it’s easier to remember to use and get used to.

Pros

Ease of clocking in and out, review of time punches for the week.

Cons

I feel this should be a desktop application of some sort, instead of always have to open it in internet explorer or google chrome, or at least have a background app that stays open to remind you to clock in and out.

Amy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Good product for the price.

Pros

It's cheap and aesthetically pleasing. Easy for staff to use. The mobile app is nice.

Cons

No time rounding. Some PTO settings seem to have issues and don't add correct accruals. This requires manual adjustments.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

DRRCS

The app runs slow occassionally

Pros

I am able to keep track of my employees times. I'm also able to view the available time I have off. I like the clock in and clock out location on the map.

Cons

Without timesheets it's hard to make sure the staff are getting their exact hours.

Tasha
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

It's okay but time off feature is weird

Pros

Shows total hours clocked in a week, one-click clocking in, people using it for scheduling have a lot of functions, cute bees

Cons

PTO requests are clunky, dependent on internet so can take a while to load, something on the admin level is probably unclear bc we've had some confusion over how time off requests are processed

Danielle
  • Industry: Law Practice

honeybee review

Pros

I like that its easy to access by having an app on my phone.

Cons

Sometimes the app will freeze or not accept the clock in or out, so the time has to be fixed by an administrator which requires extra paperwork in our office.

Elisha
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Great

Pros

It's easy going. Fast & it's beyond very simple

Cons

Nothing, it's a great day base for anyone to use.