About NCR Aloha

Aloha POS (point of sale) is a cloud-based solution designed for various types of businesses in the restaurant industry that include casual dining, quick service, fast-casual, and fine dining restaurants. This solution can be...

Browse NCR Aloha Reviews

Peggy S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

NCR Aloha is here to stay

Very satisfied with the software programming overall. Very happy with our local account rep and local support. The support they give us is tremendous. We have been with Aloha / NCR for six years, started with 4 locations, and have added 3 more in the last 4 years. We have the same account rep which is terrific. He knows our Brand, our set up, and is able to make valuable suggestions to make us successful.

Pros

Asking the right questions to the right people, NCR can pretty much do anything we request. We use most of your product, including take out and delivery. I like that everything is integrated.
We upgraded to command center from secure access to manager our 7 locations, great software. Having terminal access to the locations is great for testing and training.
Management loves the Pulse App.

Cons

The way take out and delivery is programmed through AO. The delay between the POS data base and ATO is tedious.

The help desk support lately has not been as good since COVID. Most issues need to be escalated to a level 3 tech, and no one can be found when needed. Waiting and waiting for a call back. We have to reach out to our local support in most cases to finish the support call. Very frustrating for our teams in the restaurant.

Patrick L.

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Review of Aloha

Good - We enjoyed working with the local branch and helping us set up or system.

Pros

The ability to integrate with many other third party software companies was very important to us. We are anticipating scaling in size quickly over the next few years and didn't want to outgrow our system.

Cons

None - we are happy with the software. We would perhaps like more training so that we can fully utilize parts of the software that we may not know exist.

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to NCR Aloha

Our partnerships with other companies already established with our parent company.
Courtney S.

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Best Restaurant Software

My overall experience with NCR Aloha is that it's the best software for any restaurant. I have used a few different ones and this one is by far my favorite. It's very easy on the back and front end. I do wish the customer service was easier to reach, it takes a while to get ahold of them. However, the software is so user friendly you probably won't need customer service much.

Pros

The best feature about this product is the ease of use. Aloha is extremely simple which makes it easier for new employees who have never served before. The layout is very blocky so that it's easy to read and click. This is true for both computer and mobile devices.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Aloha is that you can't do everything on the mobile app that you can do on the computer. Our servers use mainly the mobile apps, as they are going into theater auditoriums to take orders. It would be nice if you could do ALL functions on both mobile and computer.

Top NCR Aloha Alternatives

Nichole S.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017

Aloha! Hello!

Pros

Aloha is a lifesaver! I have used many many systems in my 10 years as a waitress and the majority of the companies I have worked for prefer Aloha. The amount of modifiers per entree items help with being intuitive and helps with server training as well. Each entree can be assigned certain buttons that help the servers efficiently place orders with ease of access. There is also a way to add and delete buttons so that should your menu change or need updating, there is a way to update within 24 hours.

Cons

Adding and Deleting buttons is a little complicated if you are not familiar with the system. While you CAN do a lot with the system, it does take a lot of customer support to help any new users navigate through the software. This is a small price to pay for the ease of access that Aloha provides.

Robert C.

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Overall Satisfaction

Great and proactive experience.

Pros

As a franchise organization, I like the back of the house reporting and capabilities. Easy to use for the front of the house.

Cons

Programing new items into the software can be very time consuming.

Anthony A.

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Perfect for Restaurants

Overall it works great with ADP interface for timekeeping.

Pros

Aloha is perfect for restaurants industries. I used it at Fatburger at all our store locations. We pulled payroll hours and exported it into ADP easily.

Cons

I can't say much about what I liked least about it since I only used it for payroll purposes. However it had over great functions.

Raleigh L.

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

Aloha POS

Pros

Aloha is amazing if you know how to work it.... You can run everything through it, reports, inventory, sales. It tracks what the employees are entering and who is voiding out tickets.

Cons

You have to take a class in order to really understand the full potential Aloha offers. We have used the system for 4 years and i am still having trouble figuring out each function.

Thomas H.

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Dependable product

Pros

We used Aloha in most restaurants I've worked. I have used Aloha in Central America in 4 different locations. Purchased by owners for its ease of use.

Cons

Its older designs are not easily updateable. Support used to be a crapshoot, but now in the super competitive market of specialized POS, I'm sure they have improved their phone professionalism.

Diane R.

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

Easy to Use

Very easy to use and most employees will adapt quickly.

Pros

This is by far the most popular POS system in most restaurants I have worked which makes an easy transition for servers since most of them have used this before. It is very easy to learn and train others on. It can handle all the reports needed with the proper training.

Cons

The back of the house functionality has not been as easy to the front of the house to navigate.

Amanda S.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

General manager

This product is great! Best pos system for the industry.

Gabriel M.

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

Needs a major overhaul

Aloha has potential but overall all is cumbersome to use and not efficient.

Pros

Aloha has features that make it easy to adjust pricing and add menu items to tickets. It’s is simple to split checks and take multiple payment methods for an order.

Cons

It is complicated to customize an order of the presets for an item are not programmed in. Deleting or voiding items is not simple and you cannot easily combine tickets. The sales ring in through aloha do not always show up in the main accounting software used by our company.

Julius K.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

Aloha is simple and reliable

With Aloha POS we are able to receive high number of payments during our conferences with ease using various payment methods as opposed to the past when the process was slow and ineffective.

Pros

It is easily customisable to fit different industries we used it to accept conference payments while other people use it majorly for restaurants, it's affordable, works in almost all operating systems but not my Chromebook but works online so I have nothing to worry about, the design is user friendly.

Cons

Learning how to use all the features effectively was a task but after I understood it I enjoyed it.

Tanner P.
2.5

Reviewed on 11/04/2016

Very user friendly and customizable

Pros

Honestly it helps managing the big picture of the restaurant using your sales, labor and sales mix to control your shift.

Cons

Sometimes support takes a while to get back to you.

Jamie K.

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

Preferred POS software

Pros

I always found Aloha very user-friendly. It is easy to navigate and customize to your company's needs.

Ed M.
1.5

Reviewed on 20/04/2016

Very negative

Pros

I like very little if anything about Aloha. After five years, familiarity is the only positive experience I have about the product.

Cons

Dated software/technology, expensive. Despite paying for an annual support contract, response times to questions range from days and sometimes weeks. Sales team needs upgrading in response and truly understanding a customers needs.

Hiro T.
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

One of the advanced POS

Pros

Plenty features, easy to use by server because many restaurants use this software. Plenty integrations and many third party support this POS. It has redundancy.

Cons

Very pricey. Bad support, they just make shortcut to fix. Too complex, no one can fix properly if you have issue. The integrations, programming and troubleshooting are nightmare. The support wont tell you how they solve the issue. Everything is secret for them.

Jennifer C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

Too expensive

Would be nice to have a unit that is accessible to smaller scale restaurants.

Pros

It seems like a solid system which would be durable and good through wear and tear. Can have multiple units in one restaurant as well.

Cons

This product is for too expensive for a small company to use. I made a call to
The company and We couldn’t afford to use it.

Peter M.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

It always comes down to service

I withheld final payment for the system until all the kinks were worked out and toward the end, I was told I was being given a discount of 10%. I still paid the full contracted amount that was agreed upon before the system was installed, but was confused how the discount was applied since the payment was the same. After many discussions, I finally understood: I was given a pre-purchase discount that sales personnel are allowed to give at their discretion. Someone in billing told me that "I was chosen" for the discount and it did not have to be given and she hoped that would show me their level of commitment. I told her, though the discount was appreciated when it was given months before, the initial discount had nothing to do with the service issues that occurred at installation, hence, that discount could not be applied to the problem. I told her that as a restaurant owner, I could not give someone a gift card as a gesture of generosity, and then, if when using it they had a bad experience, tell them, "at least you didn't pay full price"!

Pros

It works! It accomplishes what we need for the most part and the issues that arise from time to time are generally dealt with easily.

Cons

Service. Setting up the system was a horrible experience. There were no less than 3 trained technicians working on the install, yet it took 4 painful weeks to finally get it working the way it should.
Because it is a computer, I find it hard to believe that we are told sometimes that it cannot do that.

Jenica B.

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Just ok.

The system could have changed since I used it but I didn’t exactly love it where I am primary English.

Pros

It had a lot of different features. Many options for different reports(ie tax and sales) and customer information.

Cons

Once I learned the system it was easy but there was so many steps to get from point A to point B sometimes. Also I used this software at an old workplace and it was all in French. Although it had an English option not everything translated and some of the things that did simply didn’t make sense.

Christopher C.

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Aloha is Modern Looking

Too Slow, Bad Customer Service, and Not User Friendly at All.

Pros

Seems newer in style, table layouts are nice, and Equipment is newer/modern.

Cons

Customer service is horrible, when using in Casinos Comp using is too complicated and time-consuming, and this P.O.S. is not good to use in high volume businesses.

Chris B.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Horrible System and even Worse Customer Service!

Cons

I wish I could give them a "0," because this is the absolute worst company I have ever done business with... They do not return phone calls or emails, routinely overcharge my account, deduct money without warning for chargebacks that I have no knowledge of or have received no paperwork regarding. I never know who to call for what because the company is so large and they source everything to different departments. I cannot express enough how much displeasure, frustration, and anger doing business with this company has caused me. I have reached my limit and will be switching our POS system as well as processing away from Aloha and NCR. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID.... AVOID THIS COMPANY!

Timea M.

Reviewed on 04/06/2018

Not bad, could be better

It's not bad, but make sure that you have clear plans for implementation if you are a start up.

Pros

Easy to use, most of our employees used it before, we didn't have spend time on training them, it can be customized to meet your needs

Cons

With all the customizing it's easy to make mistakes. One field can interfere with the other. It's a nightmare to get it integrated with our payroll.

Ahmad H.

Reviewed on 13/09/2017

Aloha POS review

Underpaid stuff / It's old bulky takes too much space

Pros

Older system that used by waitress and waiters but it's ancient so older focus knows how to use it.

Cons

Buyers beware Aloha will get you in every way they can. They will sell you the same system and they will screw up in their service charge in every way they can, so please find your self a different system.

Hannah L.

Reviewed on 11/07/2019

Worth the expense

Pros

Data tracking, ease of use, quick system updates

Cons

None other than it needs a big computer system to run on

Pamela B.

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

No customer support unless you have a millions dollars

Pros

None that I can think of!!!

Cons

This system is very difficult to use for back office input. There is no accounting software that it links easily to. Customer support is not helpful