About Smartlook

Smartlook is a cloud- and mobile-based quantitative analytics solution that helps businesses of all sizes with user behavior and insights. Smartlook answers the ‘what’ and ‘why’ behind every user action. Primary features of the...

4.7

Browse Smartlook Reviews

Cynthia
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 14/04/2019

Smartlooked for awhile now

Smartlook has given time management a new definition. It allows us to save tremendous time and work more efficiently.

Pros

So we've been using Smartlook for some time now and I always thought it was a decent program. Having just gone through an entire tax season with almost every call utilizing this tool, it deserves a second view so to speak. Smartlook allows tech support or agents (in my company) to share screens with their customers. We can see their mouse movements, help them to navigate through the various options and features and troubleshoot errors by literally putting our eyes on it. It works by having the customer provide a code given on the website and this code allows access to their screen through Smartlook. Agents and customers alike have come to rely heavily on Smartlook to help get the support they need and get it in a timely manner. It makes a world of difference when you can see the screen, identify the issue and solve it all at once rather than take precious minutes and hours trying to describe what is going on and another hour trying to describe how to fix it.

Cons

The only thing I can say I least like about this software is that you can only screenshare within the website. Unlike another competition, you cannot screen the customers complete computer screen. If a customer wants to minimize a screen so you can see a document on their computer, for instance, you can't. In my line of work its not a deal breaker at all because the majority of the workflow is within the website.

Response from Smartlook

Thanks for your review!
This review is not related to Smartlook but more to Turbotax.
Please change this,

Replied 26/04/2019
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Good option to analyse your customer behavior

We used this tool for 2 years, it was very useful for use to record our customers interactions.

Pros

-Heatmaps.
- Bugs tracker.
- Funnel optimization

Cons

- The price is higher compared with similar tools

Mouseflow

Reasons for Choosing Smartlook

The price was lower with similar funcionalities

Reasons for Switching to Smartlook

We chose Smartlook thanks to its gread support team
Prokop
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

DX Heroes review

Smartlook has a clean UI and it's easy to set up. I wouldn't say I like the blocking page after the trial ended because I wanted to show SmartLook to my colleague first before we decide if it has enough value for our business.

Pros

It's better than HotJar and I want to support Czech startups instead of foreign startups. :) The UI is much better than in HotJar.

Cons

I am still not sure if the first plan has suitable value for the money. I really appreciate the extended trial period.

Reasons for Choosing Smartlook

Support Czech startup; better UI

Reasons for Switching to Smartlook

Czech company, friendly UI/UX and good value for the product (but not yet for us).

Top Smartlook Alternatives

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 30/04/2022

Using this tool is a breeze, and it provides helpful suggestions

To learn more about how our customers use our websites, we employ Smartlook. We can track visitors' actions with the help of Smartlook in a way that we can't achieve with other analytics solutions. In other words, we now know how to improve the user experience. Smartlook helped us discover what issues our customers were having as they completed the checkout process. As a result, we saw an increase in our website's conversion rate.

Pros

When you're trying to get a better understanding of a new feature, recordings come in handy. Using Smartlook's many filtering options, we can quickly locate what we're looking for. It's also critical for future development to keep an eye on how customers go through funnels.

Cons

Some features of Smartlook irritate me, such as the inability to compare A/B test heatmaps and recordings on the same map or video. Having the ability to filter recordings and heatmaps through Google Optimize would be quite beneficial.

Ray

Reviewed on 02/01/2022

Excellent for improving the user experience.

Pros

The features it provides, particularly when beginning off as a free customer. The user interface is straightforward, with automatic recording of critical events that may be used to create a pipeline, a fast advance option, and emphasized portions that can be reviewed, among other features.

Cons

We do not use the Heatmap capability, and therefore feel it may be improved. We use a different service for it.

Chryso

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Great for UX optimisation

We are generally loving so far the functionalities it offers to our team to be able to understand the digital behaviour of our users with our beta tool

Pros

The functionalities it offers, especially when starting as a freemium user. The UX is simple, automatically tracking important events that can be used to set up a funnel, the fast forward option and the highlighted elements you can review, etc.

Cons

We are not using the Heatmap functionality, and we believe there can be an improvement on that feature. We are using a separate provider for that.

Reasons for Switching to Smartlook

It had better options as a freemium user and also better UX for the video tracking element

Response from Smartlook

Thank you for your feedback and nice words! I will share it with our development team. - Tomas

Replied 19/11/2020
Sagar
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 08/03/2021

First tool to use if you're creating a mobile app

Great app to do qualitative analytics in user's natural environment helping faster product development. This enables better prioritisation decisions.

Pros

Ability to view each session and understand UX issues without having to wait for user feedback

Cons

Inability to create custom tags for users for easier identification in case where we want to view the recordings anonymously.

Reasons for Switching to Smartlook

Better focus on Mobile apps with good pricing
Melih
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

I hope our competitors won't discover this tool before we take the advantage!

We decreased our churn rates by 20% in tutorial sequence. I believe this product can increase many of the mobile game's retention by 5% to 10% easily. I am writing this comment because developers are friendly, and they deserve success. However, I still hope my competitors don't discover this tool.

Pros

We love all the data and funnels but when it comes to looking at what players are doing in the game is something different. We can now watch what players are doing. This is magical! With Smartlook we can now learn what they like how they interact with the game, and we can design the game accordingly.

Cons

I think the monetization of the product is still premature however price is still great for this quality product. I believe if the product encourages companies to use it for every app & game they have, this product can increase it's revenue more than limiting funnel and events. Smartlook is a secret weapon for any mobile game studio, and if this product wants to tap into that market, its monetization needs to be adjusted. I hope our competitors will not discover this product before we take full advantage!

Moh

Reviewed on 07/02/2022

Best For Website Tracking

Overall I am good to use smart look I am rating is 9 out of 10 on capterra.

Pros

Smartlook help me to increase my website traffic by around 15-20% each month. Why? It is a very good tool to find and view real-time visitors what they are doing on your website and where they are dropping off so that you can fix the point.
Also, smart look is very efficient to create a funnel and segregate traffic by the type of device, country,etc

Cons

There is one problem I have faced while using smart look, sometimes i see for real-time visitors it shows a little late like around 5min late.

Firoz
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 06/11/2021

Best Tool to Understand Customer Journey!

Pros

Smartlook is very easy to integrate in multiple ways and Easy to use.

Cons

I wish Smartlook bring Micro Survey as a new feature which can be a good mix in order to understand customer pain points.

Hotjar and Mouseflow
Márton

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

The idea to look how our customers use our websites is brilliant. I'm always very excited to...

Pros

I have spotted out several typos and failures on my site just by looking what my visitors had seen. It provides the best insight as well regarding the customers behaviour, it is not comparable to anything else I was using (google analytics, path recording). I ve discovered a new world with Smartview and can't help spending hours playing back then recordings, and checking what and hiw the visitors were doing.

Cons

On a smartphone the right panel (offering other other recordings if the same visitor ) takes up a considerable amount of space, and it takes too much clicks and precise zoom to hide it. Itwould be better to be able to switch it off from the profile settings, (or simply deactive it for the free package)
Its also a big painpont, that there is no option to filter out the recording from direct (not facebook, google etc), as this info is also not visible on the smartphone listing

Response from Smartlook

Hi Márton,
thank you very much for your review.

We will change Smartlook in future and it will be much more mobile friendly.
You can filter the visitor recordings in the advanced filters. Under Visitor behaviour is the option referer.
Enjoy Smartlook
Lukas Mehnert,

Replied 30/08/2017
Laura

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Perfect blend of qualitative & quantitative analysis for our measuring our product

Pros

Smartlook is the perfect blend of qualitative & quantitative analysis for our product team. It's given us a new perspective on how users are experiencing our product — from how quickly users can achieve key goals, to what our product looks like on all kinds of weird and wonderful resolutions. The true power of Smartlook comes from how it captures every event that occurs, and then allows you to search seamlessly across all past events. You can also use these events in funnels and analyse where your users are dropping out of key workflows.

Since the events are all automatically tracked, we can ask "I wonder how many users have used this feature since it launched?" and get instant answers by searching the pre-recorded events. It's truly mind-blowing!

And last but not least, the support team at Smartlook was AMAZING! Our product uses a few layout attributes that the Smartlook recorder wasn't capturing correctly at first. The Smartlook team worked with us over 2 days to quickly resolve the issue to support our use case and now it's all working perfectly.

Cons

There's nothing I'm disliking about Smartlook, although I'm looking forward to more flexibility with pinning stacked event charts (where I'm comparing multiple events) as a single dashboard tile. This would make tracking our key metrics really slick. Mostly I'm just excited to see where they take the product!

Response from Smartlook

Hi Laura,

Aliya
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

Great way of deriving customer insights

Overall I am having an amazing experience of using this tool. This software has provided ways to the users like never before in terms of user behavior. This is a software that just feeds and records all of the users surfing over websites and in mobile apps which is a great thing because this innovative feature allows users to inculcate and derive information by filtering out millions of recordings in absolutely no time.

Pros

Moving on to the pros of this platform, this software is a great solution due to so many things. First of all, the heatmaps within the software are so useful. Moreover, this software is always showing important information like IP addresses and even country data on the user interface so that it gets easier for the users. Also, this platform provides an easy way of recording all of the user sessions which I find very useful and insightful which can help me in the later stages when it would come to explore consumer insight.

Cons

The mobile applications need more improvement in the sense that new updates are required which work well with phones as this can facilitate the overall experience a lot and can take the user experience a few notches higher. Moreover, the dashboard needs to be improved as well so that the user interface feels more convenient and easy too.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

Discover how your users browse your website.

I activate Smartlook on my website once a week to collect hundreds of videos and review them during the week. In this way I discover possible failures or improvements and apply them.

Pros

Smartlook is a great tool that helps to know how users use your web page.

Smartlook records videos of how users navigate, giving you basic information such as what browser you use, the country of origin, the device ...

Thanks to these recordings you can discover possible improvements or failures in your web page. You can understand better because users can not complete a process and work to give them a better experience.

In addition to the recordings, in Smartlook you can create heatmaps and funnels to have a better control of objectives.

Cons

In the SPA web pages the heatmaps do not work correctly. In addition, by default the CSS cache is activated and if you make changes to your web page it takes time to update them, because of this, you may be watching recordings that apparently have errors but in reality it is the fault of the cache.

Response from Smartlook

Hi,

Philip

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

Smartlook helps me look smart

Seriously this is a tool you should be using so you know how your website works for your customers, it's all about finding what works and where you may be going wrong. It's cheaper than a consultant and this online consultant works 27/7

Pros

Smartlook is easy to use it helps me see how people interact with my website so I can improve user experience. I have also been able to make contact with customers who have had difficulty placing an order so this software has helped me in more ways than one.. It can also be used a a good anti fraud deterrent also.

Cons

Price I think the price could be lowered to help the smaller business ,you know the one man band who works from home.

Response from Smartlook

Thank you for your review!

Replied 22/08/2018
Azad

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Really really easy to use and perfect to know how visitors use our store.

Watching how i can make my site better for my visitors

Pros

That it has a free version of the product. I wouldnt have tried it if it was paid at first. I was one of the first to try this product when it launched.

Cons

That the play button is 0.5x speed. Also that alot of the elements on my site not loading on the recorder. I have cleared cache multiple times and made my friends go on my site, and they always load every file, but for some reason it wont load in the recorder. Most of the time its the image thats not loaded but other images are.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Azad,

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

Big brother helps you sell better

Overall very very recommended especially if you are in a debugging or Beta stage.

Pros

I LOVE this software as it has really helped us track down user issues that get reported. In the past when a customer reported a bug we would test and try and wouldn't always find the issue as it can't always be replicated. Could be the customer had an issue because of some Server load or because some process was running, we were never really sure. With Smartlook we know! We can find the customers session and find where they had trouble and watch the user experience. We can check if there were JS errors that don't normally occur for them or if there were glitches for a specific browser, all with ease.

Cons

The geolocator doesn't always match the geolocator we have on the site which means that it isn't always easy to find someones session.

Replied 13/05/2019
Kevin

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Clever software shame about the after sales service

I found it very disappointing that I was only offered a credit and not a refund of the VAT that should not have been charged to a UK based business. After several emails to their support team they no longer even reply. BEWARE!

Pros

The insight to offers to client on boarding is invaluable.

Cons

If you are a European customer and don't want to be charged VAT that you cannot recover the sign up flow is very misleading. Although the VAT is offered as a credit note they refused a refund.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Kevin,

we are sorry for misunderstanding in communication with our customer care team.

After checking ticket where you discussed the issue with VAT, we came to a conclusion that this problem was caused by not filling VAT ID in your order and thus VAT 20% was automatically included.

In case our customers forget to add VAT ID and later on ask for a refund, it has an impact on our accounting and thus we try to agree on credit settlement.

However, when a customer doesn't agree with credit, we refund the VAT back to the credit card.

In your case, we have already sent you credit (we cannot undo this operation), but we understand this was not accepted by you and thus we just sent a refund on your credit card too.

Thank you for your understanding.

Dalibor Houfek,
COO at Smartlook

Replied 13/09/2018
Michal
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Great qualitative analytics tool

Smartlook is a great addition to Google Analytics. It provides answers that you can't get from your quantitative data. A must-have for marketing analysts and UX designers.

Pros

Smartlook doesn't sample their recordings in comparison with most competitors. Their support and account management is top notch, wouldn't even consider a change because of them.

Cons

There are some bugs now and then but nothing too annoying. And I always get answers whenever I report them, it doesn't get unnoticed and they work on fixing them.

User management is a bit clumsy at the moment but it should get better in the future.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Michal,

really thank you for your review.
Actually we are working on a new user management , to make it more clear.

Thanks for your review,

CMo at Smartlook

Replied 04/06/2019
Madalin
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 29/08/2017

I am freelance developer. I am using Smartlook to follow the projects for which I am bidding.

Reliable clients and cost-effective projects.
It is very simple to guess what the customer is looking at and how adapted is the interface to customer requirements and experience. This way I get to focus on important projects and push the right price.

Pros

Cons

I often use canvas and iframes. I know it's a security rule but I need a minimum information about that content.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Madalin,
Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook

Replied 30/08/2017
Kajetan

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Smartlook user

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity and ease of working with the tool. It is very easy to teach even a potential client how to use the smarlook in the future and learn from it

Cons

I miss setting a session limit for a given project and events for incorrect input filling.

Freedom
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL

We are solving IT issues, abandoned carts, seeing heat maps. Smartlook should be a piece of software that every company has.

Pros

I absolutely love smart look not only for the amount of features that it packs into it but how good those features are, we generally use it for spotting technical issues or seeing the heat maps but its also allowed us to see the main points at which people abandon carts and although we can see that through GA, Smartlook allows us to see what they are looking at when the do it which helps us to narrow down why they left. All of the other features are phenomenal and I just cant fault the support and everything to do with them 😊

Cons

I had no issues with Smartlook at all 😊

Response from Smartlook

Hi Doran,

Replied 28/08/2019
Alvin
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Trial User for Heatmaps

Pros

Our main focus was on heatmaps, it was the reason why we implemented it. It give us great insight into our customers behavior and it is nicely visualized in Smartlook.

Cons

It would be nice if there will be some opportunity to download done heatmaps

Cristian

Reviewed on 05/09/2017

It is the best tool ever

Pros

There are a tons of tools to track visitors, but watch what they are really doing is amazing. Those insights can change everything and help you to create the best customer experience.

Cons

nothing!! everything is cool. Maybe it would be great if you can gather together all sesion that are similar, so you don't have to spend time looking similar sesion that doesn't help you.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Cristian,
Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook

Replied 06/09/2017
Thileepan

Reviewed on 31/05/2018

giving good experience to our online customers

Pros

Smartlook really help for our online business, we can find perfect analysis for our website with SmartLook, when we use SmartLook, we discover our website traffic source and bugs so we can give best experience to our online customers.

Cons

SmartLook have many features, we offer many product with our website so we need discover each product, sales, traffic, bugs, but SmartLook made easy to work with product analysis. we analysis about each product, so we update and give best to our customers.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Thileepan,
thanks for your nice feedback.

If you miss something, reach out to us.

Replied 05/06/2018