About Google Cloud Platform

Featuring G-Suite and GCP, Google Cloud is a platform that provides a reliable and easy-to-use set of solutions that can be used to tackle the toughest challenges in any type of industry. It provides secure storage options,...

Browse Google Cloud Platform Reviews

1,106 of 1,106 reviews

Reviewed on 31/07/2021

Best Public cloud platform

We are using GCP for years now. We have deployed healthcare, telecommunication, education and logistics business applications on GCP. All applications were migrated from on-prem. Deployments were not too hard. Even though the pricing model is bit complex this is still cheaper than most of the cloud vendors. No repatriations so far.

Pros

+ Free tier available
+ Highly scalable
+ Security
+ Pay-as-you-go option ,so we have to pay only pay only for the usage.
+ Bring your own License capability.
+ Very easy to integrate with Google services.

Cons

+ Less number of datacenters across the world comparing to other vendors.
+ Pricing is bit complex
+ Customer services and support services could be improved

Microsoft Azure

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Main reason is the pricing. GCP is lot more cheaper than other options
Robson jean P.

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Google Cloud Platform the best Cloud Platform on the Market

The best platform for Cloud Computing, very robust, with all services that you need for you application

Pros

First, that GCP accept the Brazilian Real for payments.
Second, GCP have a lot of products for serverless apps, like Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, App Engine.
Third, I never had to talk with the GCP Support, I never had problems with they.

Cons

I think that I'dont have any complain about GCP, the price is not too high, I think is cheaper then AWS.

IBM Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

Heroku is very expensive when you go to Production!

Heroku

Price and the currency

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Office tools in Google cloud

I have been using Google Cloud on daily basis for like 4 years. Alot has improved over time with their individual programs like Word, Slides, Excel, etc. But some tools like Draw is still not able to compete with something Inkscape.

Pros

The Office tools in Google Cloud are much better than Microsoft 365. The best part of G suit in Google Cloud is real time synchronization. When I work on reports with my remotely located colleagues, I can see them editing specific sections of a document in a real time. This helps alot in not repeating the work on the same section. Google Cloud shows all of this in form of different colors and small icons on top left of the document. When you click on the icon, the document jumps to the point where that person is working on. Other good feature is version control. In case if I am not happy with the new edits, I can revert the document to an older version.

Cons

The only part which I dont like is their slow evolution. Google is very slow in adding features in their G Suit which means at the moment, it is unable to compete with the Desktop based MS Office. But I can see it coming very quickly and very soon, people may stop using Microsoft Office on their computers.. They may only use the online tools like Google Office. Another part where Google need to improve is their slides which is like Power Point from Microsoft. The slides from Google are still at their very early stage and need to improve.

Top Google Cloud Platform Alternatives

Mihran T.

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Fastest Cloud Platform out there!

Goofle Cloud Platform is one of the fastest cloud platform out there. Earlier our team was using another system and it was always giving us downtimes. Finally we switched to Google Cloud Platform even though the prices were higher. The system haven't disappointed us till date. They can improve a lot in customer support though.

Pros

Speed, Ease of setting up a new instance, Pre emptive instances

Cons

The pricing can be lowered. Also the customer support should be easier to get.

Microsoft Azure

Amazon S3

The name Google was the main reason we opted for Google Cloud Platform
Narinder S.

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

GCP as IaaS

Overall GCP is still evolving as compare to other cloud providers but their Technical Support staff is much better and very professional to handle any issue and concern.

Pros

Google Cloud Platform is another option as Infrastructure as a Service which has lot of cutting edge options for moving to cloud from own data center ,it supports almost all kinds of OS (Linux,Windows etc) with various options for High Availability (multiple regions. GCP provides lot of other applications for Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence (AI and ML) .

Cons

Few things worth to mentions regarding GCP when we compare it with other Cloud Providers(AWS and Azure)
1. GCP is little bit expensive .
2. GCP still lags some areas in terms of features(Oracle and SQL Server ) which other clouds provides.
3. Management tools are little bit lagging the comfort level that other providers included.
4. Some components has regional behaviour (Load balancers and Interconnects) which as per them will be taken care in future

Nicolas frichot P.

Reviewed on 02/02/2019

Great Cloud Hosting For Multiple Websites Within Google Cloud Platform

Overall, Google Cloud Platform is the best solutions. I wouldn't change for anything, even if I was offered a server for free. Google Cloud Platform is amazing. I recommend very very strongly.

Pros

I love the flexibility that Google Cloud Platform offers: I was able to launch an instance within 2 minutes, set my IP from ephemeral to static and login to my server with the credentials. As soon as as completed password change, as advised by Google Cloud Platform, I was able to launch a 3rd party application, via their Click-to-Deploy solutions, and launch my multiple websites. Amazing experience.

Cons

The customer support through very professional is not instant (chat or phone). I also found that dedicated customer support can turn out to be very expensive. Furthermore, no real support is offered on 3rd party applications.

Monday A.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Google Cloud Platform is one of the best

Google Cloud Platform enables me to expand my business even though I work alone with no additional work yet. It ease my work for me and fast compared to others.

Pros

Google Cloud Platform is one of the best cloud platform I have used. I have used Microsoft Azure and other cloud platform but I found Google Cloud Platform to be the best and more cheaper. Also they equally give out a free trial to all first time clients who are using the Google Cloud Platform service. When I first signed up I used their free trial before subscribing to their standard plan which gives me more benefits for my business. As an internet marketer who host website with heavy traffic you can simply use Google Cloud Platform for that because I equally use it. Also Google Cloud Platform provides me with other things that I can't really write about all here because the benefits are endless and they respond to inquiries faster.

Cons

Google Cloud Platform is fast but sometimes it does not work in slow network area. For the fact that I was able to expand my business using Google Cloud Platform, I was not able to access the cloud platform once I am out of good network area and it will be nice if Google can work on that aspect of allowing slow network to have access to the cloud platform.

Louis J.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

Enterprise Cloud platform however the support is not fantastic

Google Cloud allowed us to host our product in a secure and reliable datacentre from a market leader within the UK, giving total piece of mind, however the level of support can mean you need to spend extra on external professional services to assist.

Pros

It's easy to setup a Virtual Machine according to your specifications and flexible to upscale or downscale when required. It allows you to setup databases and storage and link them to the Virtual Machine and also group Virtual Machines in to logical groups, known as projects.

Cons

The Support is not fantastic - often they are there only to diagnose connectivity or up time rather than advising on feature issues or deployment problems - they will often say you need to pay for enhanced support or professional services.

Megan J.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

One stop shop

It’s made my life easier. It’s full of useful tools which again are used in both my personal and work life. I have used this network through my schooling and it always finds a way to be relevant in each stage of my life.

Pros

Google has provided a cloud network where we can easily use it for personal, business, or school. I can see spreadsheets from home, upload my photos from my weekend, and work on a PowerPoint all in one platform. It’s very user friendly— where multiple google users can all have access to multiple projects and each edit and contribute as needed.

Cons

Not everyone has a google account which is needed to have access to update and contribute to different aspects of the program. Sometimes you have to push others to create a gmail account so they can get on board!

Jake D.

Reviewed on 04/11/2016

The Best Value

We all know google is amazing - that's why it is the number one search engine and has become an English verb. Their cloud platform for businesses is a must-have! After using google mail and the integrated apps, I can never go back. I tried using something else for a little while and was about to pull my hair out. And at nearly $5/month per user, it makes perfect sense. I love that I can have my domain in my google e-mail (e.g. [email protected]) and can integrate my calendar, e-mail, spreadsheets, word docs, and everything into one software platform.

I regularly recommend google's cloud platform to other businesses! The e-mail alone is well worth the cost.

Pros

The e-mail search features and functionality are amazing!

Cons

Security. According to google's terms, anything that goes through their servers can be used by google, which I don't love the idea of...

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Best Cloud Hosting Platform so far

Pros

I honestly like the user interface and features available on the Google Cloud platform. The documentation is really helpful and well written, I find it very easy to understand and learn how to use the products. The fact that I was able to integrate seamlessly my computing server with the Bitnami Lamp app was also really cool. I have used other cloud platforms but I think Google Cloud platform is one of my favorite so far. I would highly really recommend it.

Cons

I had trouble trying to figure out the Pricing, I don't like their pricing calculator, it's just too complicated for an average Joe, I wish their was a way they could simplify the pricing information and break it down in such a way that an average person would understand, they can use info-graphics and Gif to illustrate the different pricing scenarios etc.

Bre M.

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Type A's Rejoice

I am so pleased with this software for both personal and professional use. It is incredibly easy to find just about anything in the cloud, and I often start, edit, and complete projects right in the platform. Sharing is simple, searching is simple. If I lost the cloud I truly don't know what I would do.

Pros

Google provides so much organization and so much integration that it becomes tough to use anything else! The cloud keep everything, even attachments from emails, and allows you to create endless folders and sub-folders to ensure nothing gets lost. I still have documents from five and six years ago stored in my cloud, and I could find them in seconds.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Google.

Conrad F.

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

Google Cloud is Great

It's been great, I have been on AppEngine standard environment for over 6 years with one of my services and am very pleased.

Pros

I use Google Appengine and Google Cloud SQL. I like that once setup I don't have to think about scaling my app at all and don't realy have to think about infrastructure. I can focus on developing my actual software code.

Cons

AppEngine can be a little tricky to setup whether you are on the Standard environment (limited libraries but faster deploys and cheaper) or the Flexible environment (totally infinite environment since you package everything up into a docker container, slower to deploy, more expensive) but once you do your infrastructure is done.

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

Up and running in only a few minutes!

Overall this has been great for my needs! The many possibilities offered through Google apis and GCP products actually helped me thinking of new ways to solve some issues I was facing.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and you can start using it almost right away. It also has so many products that you can use that it's likely everything you can think of can be done using one of the products of GCP. Whether it's automatic speech recognition, machine learning or pub/sub, everything is there (and constantly evolving).

Cons

Due to the numerous products that are available within GCP, it sometimes can be hard to find out the correct one to use for your specific needs. Billing can also be a bit hard to understand and to estimate before using. The help online is good but can also be confusing.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

About Cloud Platform

Overall experience is ver good with small errors that not interrupt your process.

Pros

It is saving us to spend lots of many to data storages and makes action veryy easy with platform features.

Cons

Cost is a little bit higher for a non-profit organization. There can be a ngo and nonprofit pricing.

AWS CloudFormation and Cloud Servers
Kerby R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

Amazing Cloud platform

I love Google cloud platform. It has met and exceeded all my needs. Easily deploy a server that is always ready and working from anywhere.

Pros

I love Google cloud platform. Easy to use great service. My first instance was up and running in less than 2 minutes. They have an app that monitors everything for you. The best part is the always free tier so you don't have to pay if you don't need a lot of resources.

Cons

There's nothing to complain about. It's easy straight forward. Plus they give you $300 to try out premium features with out having to go all the way in.

Vincent C.

Reviewed on 28/03/2021

First-class, better than AWS

Google Cloud Platform has been an incredible development accelerant for me.

Pros

The documentation is so robust and detailed that I can find out about anything I need to do. The interface is so clean and easy to use, it's really easy to find what I need to do. Contrast that with AWS where I need to look up Medium articles and guides (on Google) to find out how to do what I want to do.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. The scale of the projects that I use GCP for are pretty small, but I imagine that for larger projects, I may be more concerned about the cost.

Ian R.

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Awesome for App Development

The Pros FAR outway any small inconvenience to the "cons". We really love this product and use it heavily.

Pros

Clear interface, easy to collaborate on code and development, lots of internal parts already built for us

Cons

You do have some limitations to app development and certain features you can develop or alter because you have to work within their parameters

Amazon S3

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Google was better for development and scaling
Jeannette S.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 24/03/2019

Google Cloud Platform has every cloud feature, all in one place

I evaluated Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform, and ultimately found Google Cloud Platform to be my favourite cloud provider. It has every feature I could possibly want, and has the most easy to use control panel from all the providers. I've found some products to be expensive, and the possibility of creating a large bill is troublesome, but I would still recommend Google Cloud Platform.

Pros

I like that Google Cloud platform seems to have every cloud feature I would ever need, all in one place. It also has the most easy to use control panel out of the three cloud providers I evaluated.

Cons

The features of Google Cloud Platform (products, SKUs) are expensive to use, and if you are not careful the costs can spiral out of control and you are faced with a big bill even though you were just testing out a product. There also appears to be no way to limit a spend so it automatically stops if you exceed a budget.

Stan M.

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

google cloud

I like the google cloud Platform because I can access my information in the office, or if a patient calls as an emergency I can still access the information that I need without just basic it on my memory.

Pros

I like the google cloud because I can access from any device at any location, either home, office or away.

Cons

Sometimes, I think some of the features are somewhat hidden. They are hard to find. I like it that it is automatic, but being a cloud based software, sometimes it uploads too much info.

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Google is the way of go

It's pretty great and it's generally free. You can pay for it if you need more space/for business. What more could you ask for.

Pros

Google is the best thing ever. It is super easy and you can do whatever it that you may possibly need it for. I love the email categories.

Cons

More email customization would be great but I make do. Sometimes it thinks an email is not important when it really is. I've tried telling it to put it into the primary email but it doesn't for all of them.

Sam H.

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Exciting

Overall it is great. I’ve never had an issue with not being able to find anything.

Pros

It is a powerful platform and intergrates well with all google products. I like how everything is saved and you can use it on any computer from anywhere.

Cons

The storage limit is not great. You would definitely need to get more if using it for work. If you do not use google programs then this is not right for you as it does not sync with non google

Christophe H.

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Everything under 1 roof

I like it overall but it has some negatives like Google moved its support and sales offshore to India. A few years ago I would call Google and get a call center in Michigan in the USA and now its in India and the support is not a fraction of what it was when it was based in the US.

Pros

I like the fact that every product and app is accessable in the platform. Its easy use and affordability is also a good feature.

Cons

I cant think of anything, it syncs with every well known SAS.

Patrick S.

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

A very complete and stable cloud services provider

Pros

All of Google's Cloud offerings are available in a single Web console.
We mainly use Compute Engine, and the VMs are easy to create and configure, with a simple to understand pricing model.
The VMs are very fast, have a great uptime, and we never noticed any slowdowns caused by other VMs running on the same physical machine.

Cons

The permissions system is quite complex to set up, especially when the client creates the Project, and wants to give access to our development team. It is often not very clear which permissions are missing to enable specific features.

Anant M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 05/12/2020

Finally a worthy alternative to Amazon Web Services

We needed rapid deployment of virtual machines for our services. We created scripts to achieve just that. Its expensive but it does the job. We even host some websites on GCP services. Its really a worthy alternative to Amazon Web Services.

Pros

- The free $300 trial credit helped plenty in setting up our system and testing until our actual billing began.
- The rapid deployment of virtual servers and duplication facility is a boon.
- Google's billing system is transparent and easy.
- Great for compute services and AI applications.
- Worldwide servers are great for versatility.

Cons

- The network bandwidth charges seem a bit much, other competitors are lenient.
- Port opening was a little complicated to achieve.
- Lacks some features present in Amazon Web Services.
- Customer service is weak.

Amazon EC2