Google Cloud Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Google Cloud

Featuring G-Suite and GCP, Google Cloud is a platform that provides a reliable and easy-to-use set of solutions that can be used to tackle the toughest challenges in any type of industry. It provides secure storage options,...

Browse Google Cloud Reviews

1,857 of 1,858 reviews
Darien
Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

Pros

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use.

I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud offers a very powerful solution for web management - giving unlimited potential for upgrades & sizes, allowing for localized solutions & access to the full Google Cloud network, and giving a (cheap) solution for powerful web hosting. With GCP, we spend only $7 a month (CAD), and our site runs significantly faster than it previously did on other hosting services.

On top of that, GCP allows complete control over the backend linux server; which is a learning curve in itself, but offers quick & easy ways to manage every aspect of your website - the PHP version, specific file permissions, custom platform solutions (such as access to install different Google API's).

Cons

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Squarespace no longer fit our design or hosting needs.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Simplicity of interface & familiarity with brand
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Pros

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis.

I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid.

AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps.

They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Cons

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly.

DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data.

AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

We chose Google Cloud over Amazon because it was more cost effective at the level of usage we were expecting.
Marnie
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 22/06/2024

Great for storing things

Pros

I like that for an inexpensive fee I get a bunch of storage so that I can showcase my work without taking up memory on my personal devices

Cons

There isn't much I dislike but it would always be nice to have more storage for a smaller fee.

Top Google Cloud Alternatives

Moustafa
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 12/07/2023

Google Cloud Review

My overall experience is not good as Google Cloud does not provide an easy interface and i have to do everything through the terminal. Also, it is a little bit expensive.

Pros

I like the free credits that Google Cloud provides for researchers to explore the platform. Google Cloud is very good in services related to NLP/text especially the that it is supporting multiple languages for these services. Also, I like the dashboards that Google Cloud offers to track and monitor the services I am currently using.

Cons

Google Cloud has a very limited service for AI comparing to other competitors. The interface of Google Cloud is not easy to use, and I cannot customize it as I want. Also, I do not like the pricing of some services on Google Cloud like the virtual machines, it is really very expensive.

Ryan

Reviewed on 11/04/2024

Best Cloud Service to Get Started

Pros

Compared to other major cloud services, Google Cloud might be the best place to get started with cloud services. The console is very user friendly which makes it easier for new users to utilize the cloud. It is also great for expert cloud users since it has a lot of services that is similar to other cloud services.

Cons

The customer support (especially the quota increase process) wasn't very enjoyable but I did get help in the end. The process was just more tedious and long.

Microsoft Azure and Amazon EC2

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

I decided that Google Cloud would be a great start to learning the cloud. Also, added that it has integration with Firebase, which I use for mobile development.
Natasha
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Storage in the cloud, simplified

Pros

The ease of using Google Cloud is the best functionality. You can essentially set it up and forget about it since you know it’s storing everything seamlessly.

Cons

I do not have issues with using Google Cloud.

Hazel
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 02/07/2024

Superb cloud access

Pros

Google cloud is very easy to use for cloud storage and access to digital files. The features are really attractive.

Cons

I have used it for a while and I am confident about all its features.

Destiny
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 17/05/2024

The clouds that store everything

I love the Google cloud never returned back to an apple device

Pros

The amount of storage it has in how it will let you know when cloud is about full

Cons

Always updating and syncing at the wrong times

Rachel

Reviewed on 31/05/2024

Convenient way to store and free up space

Pros

We work with so many documents on a daily basis that is ties up a lot of storage on the computer as a unit. It was causing our systems to run slow no matter which computer or laptop we were on in the office. When we learned of this, did some research and chose to go with it, we noticed an increase with the speed of our systems. It was not hard to use and is very user friendly. Google customer support has thus far been very useful, and we are looking forward to using this for the business.

Cons

The biggest complaint was the amount of time it took to get started with the actual upload process. We almost thought that it wasn't going to work. We had so many files to upload to the Google Cloud, that could have been what was stalling the process, because no other issues could be seen.

Thomas
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 25/05/2024

My First Cloud Partner

Pros

I've been using Google Cloud since my business started. It runs at east half of my content and contact management. Pricing is amazing for my small business.

Cons

The options are insane. Finding different things for my needs sometimes takes time. But I guess every robust tool has its downside.

infant
infant
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 11/05/2022

GCP Review

Overall migration experience is very bad , but new versions made it easier. Other than that GCP monitoring tool is not that much user friendly , the guys with limited knowledge about cloud are suffering to get metrics or monitoring details. For example : to check the GCP Bucket growth , it's not a direct thing to check. We need to query it to get the info.

Pros

Ease of use. I like the most as a admin when compared to other cloud providers the spec can be customizable & the new cpu type N2d which gives better performance with less price. Easy to deploy vm's.

Cons

Oh! The dislike which comes to my mind is the Migration tool. google's M4ce migration engine version 4 is very difficult to setup , such a complex setup. One good relief is M4ce version 5 which supports migration from vmware which setup is so simple & i have migrated workloads easily. But struggled a lot with version 4.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Obviously cost is the only factor.

AWS CloudFormation

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Compared to AWS , the price is lesser & have almost all required features & some are exceptional like AI/ML.
Robson Jean
Robson Jean

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Google Cloud Platform the best Cloud Platform on the Market

The best platform for Cloud Computing, very robust, with all services that you need for you application

Pros

First, that GCP accept the Brazilian Real for payments.
Second, GCP have a lot of products for serverless apps, like Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, App Engine.
Third, I never had to talk with the GCP Support, I never had problems with they.

Cons

I think that I'dont have any complain about GCP, the price is not too high, I think is cheaper then AWS.

IBM Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Heroku is very expensive when you go to Production!

Heroku

Price and the currency
Eric R
Eric R
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

Google Cloud Platform is getting better and better

I am a huge fan of Google Cloud Platform. I have been using their services for years now, and I am amazed at how easy it is to get started. They have great tutorials that walk you through the process, and they also have an excellent support team. They are always available to answer questions, and they are great at making sure you don't get stuck.While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google has done a good job of making their system more approachable through good tutorial videos.

Pros

GCP is a powerhouse platform with a lot of flexibility and strengths. Now that they've optimized the platform to make it more understandable for non-engineers, we're using it more often since it is easy to spin up whatever you need.

Cons

While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google had a slow start to be an approachable platform for the less tech-savvy. Even now, there are more options and switches than sometimes seem appropriate.

Microsoft Azure and MongoDB

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Google offered us credits and we ran out of AWS credits.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Free credits from Google, but the platform is really good now.
Harmony
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

What my thoughts are about google cloud platform.

I solve data storage problems and help scale back the amount of human error. At the same time, I am able to run data smoothly and efficiently in a beat and orderly fashion.

Pros

I like the fact that you can store an unlimited amount of space as an online back up. If your computer has a major power surge and fries, your work and documents are saved and you have not lost everything.

Cons

I think that there should be an option where you can make the background and fonts a more laid back description instead of always having it professional. I really also don’t really care for how everything is connected to the google—-everything branches out from it.

Jeanette
Jeanette

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

Google Cloud is hassle free and easy peasy!

Super easy and hassle free. I don't worry about losing my information and I don't worry about poor security.

Pros

Automatic backup. Secure log-in. I have the paid HIPAA version and enjoy peace of mind knowing my information and my client's information is safe.

Cons

I don't know of any features that are missing or not occurring. The Google Cloud is a great product.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

My external hard drive did not automatically back up my information. When I got hacked, I lost everything!

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

I didn't - I actually have both Dropbox and Google Cloud. I have Dropbox Business because I have to do some things in Microsoft and I don't want to have to upload them into the Google Cloud.
Sébastien
Sébastien

Reviewed on 16/03/2019

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

Pros

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

Cons

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

Rony

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

The Powerhouse of Cloud Computing

My overall experience with Google Cloud has been overwhelmingly positive. The platform's vast array of services and tools has empowered our organization to harness the full potential of cloud computing. The scalability and flexibility provided have allowed us to seamlessly adapt to our changing needs. The robust security measures instilled confidence in the protection of our data. While the learning curve and occasional performance issues posed minor challenges, the overall reliability, performance, and feature-rich environment of Google Cloud have made it our preferred choice for cloud computing solutions.

Pros

Google Cloud left an indelible mark on me with its outstanding features and capabilities. The scalability and flexibility it offered were unparalleled, allowing us to effortlessly adjust resources based on our evolving needs. The robust security measures implemented by Google ensured our data remained protected and gave us peace of mind. The wide array of services and tools available within the platform empowered us to tackle complex tasks with ease. The seamless integration with other Google products facilitated a cohesive workflow. Above all, the reliability and performance of Google Cloud solidified its position as our preferred cloud computing solution.

Cons

While Google Cloud offers an impressive range of features, there were a few areas that fell short of my expectations. One drawback was the complexity of the platform, which required a significant learning curve to fully grasp and utilize its capabilities. Additionally, the pricing structure felt somewhat convoluted, making it challenging to estimate costs accurately. The customer support, although available, sometimes took longer than desired to address our queries. We also experienced occasional performance issues during peak usage times. Despite these shortcomings, Google Cloud's overall performance and feature set make it a compelling choice for cloud computing needs.

Hillary
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

The Google Cloud is Peace of Mind

Overall, I have had only good experiences with the cloud. I haven't noticed any glitches, crashes or problems with hackers. I feel that my data, workload and memories are all safe and secure and I feel that I have control over what happens to them. I would never switch to a different product - I love the cloud!

Pros

I really value the ease of use, peace of mind and organizational aspects of the cloud. First of all, it is incredibly easy to use and easy to teach others how to use. I have several volunteers that I work with and it isn't difficult for me to explain to them how to use the cloud. It saves me time that the product itself is accessible and understandable for people of all ages and skill level. Secondly, it provides peace of mind. When we store things on the cloud - whether they are documents, financial records, pictures, etc. we know they will always be there. We can access them from one device to another and if a device is broken or destroyed, we don't have to worry that everything on it was also destroyed. Lastly, I love how organized I can be with the cloud. Not only is it a simple design, but it's so customizable - I can organize things how I want within the cloud to make them easy to find later.

Cons

The only downfall to this product, which is hardly a downfall, is that the options for organization are sometimes overwhelming. I am glad to have so many options for organizing the cloud, but sometimes it's easy to forget about certain tools because there are so many. Other than that, I have no complaints!

Ruhid
Ruhid
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 24/01/2023

in a confused mind - Google Cloud

Pros

It's a very useful system for developers. Along with its good aspects such as registration with google, many maps services, verification systems for your website or application, many necessary systems in the same place and no additional charges for development, which allows you to access everything whether on websites or in terms of application developers. it helps you to have a lot of experience.

Cons

First of all, I need to talk about the confusion, for example, for the site developer or application developers to have all of them in one place, sometimes it takes a lot of time to search for something on the site and find something on the site, which is a situation we do not like about the site, although it is good on the google cloud storage side, the money issue is a bit excessive. It has been made more difficult to request more than platforms that provide the same service, such as yandex.

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Office tools in Google cloud

I have been using Google Cloud on daily basis for like 4 years. Alot has improved over time with their individual programs like Word, Slides, Excel, etc. But some tools like Draw is still not able to compete with something Inkscape.

Pros

The Office tools in Google Cloud are much better than Microsoft 365. The best part of G suit in Google Cloud is real time synchronization. When I work on reports with my remotely located colleagues, I can see them editing specific sections of a document in a real time. This helps alot in not repeating the work on the same section. Google Cloud shows all of this in form of different colors and small icons on top left of the document. When you click on the icon, the document jumps to the point where that person is working on. Other good feature is version control. In case if I am not happy with the new edits, I can revert the document to an older version.

Cons

The only part which I dont like is their slow evolution. Google is very slow in adding features in their G Suit which means at the moment, it is unable to compete with the Desktop based MS Office. But I can see it coming very quickly and very soon, people may stop using Microsoft Office on their computers.. They may only use the online tools like Google Office. Another part where Google need to improve is their slides which is like Power Point from Microsoft. The slides from Google are still at their very early stage and need to improve.

Solomon

Reviewed on 28/01/2023

By far my most proffered cloud service.

Overall, my experience with Google Cloud has been mixed. On one hand, it offers a wide range of services for storing, processing, and analyzing data, making it a versatile platform. The user interface is user-friendly and easy to use. The built-in security features like access control and encryption are great for keeping data safe and secure. However, the platform can be difficult to navigate and find the specific service you need. Additionally, the pricing for some services can be quite high, which might not be suitable for small businesses or personal projects. Some of the services are not as advanced as the other providers in the market. But overall, it's a solid option for those who are looking for a reliable and efficient solution for their data needs, and willing to invest the time and resources to navigate and master the platform.

Pros

I've been using Google Cloud for a while now and I am very satisfied with it. It has a lot of options for storing, processing and analyzing data which makes it very versatile. It's also very user-friendly, and I find it easy to use even if I'm not an expert in this field. I especially appreciate the built-in security features like access control and encryption that keeps my data safe and secure. I would definitely recommend Google Cloud to anyone looking for a reliable and efficient solution for their data needs.

Cons

From my experience, I have found some downsides to using Google Cloud. One thing that I find difficult is the navigation through the platform, there are so many options and services that it can be hard to find the specific one you need. Additionally, the pricing for some services can be quite high, especially for small businesses or personal projects. Also, some of the services are not as advanced as the other providers in the market. Overall, while Google Cloud offers a lot of useful features, the high pricing and the complexity of the platform might not be suitable for some users.

Reviewed on 28/11/2021

Google Cloud Platform is a good suite of tools most suited to infrastructure-as-a-service

Experience has been good, it all works, it's a very stable service and it is reasonably priced.

Pros

My organisation mostly uses Google Compute Engine to host all our websites and applications on Google infrastructure. It is a fairly reasonably priced service and very stable, bosting excellent and reliable uptime. You can run a number of officially supported Linux distributions, so you can most likely install what you know. It is all quite easy to setup and manage your servers, though the UI is Google style - so it's not the prettiest - quite minimalist.

Cons

It can start to get expensive once you need to scale, so make sure you look at what that would cost before buy in at the entry level. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the interface, it's a very simple and ugly - but it all works perfectly so it's not a big deal.

Microsoft Azure , Linode and DigitalOcean

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

Data Engineering made Simple with the help of GCP

Pros

Management of data is always critical to any organization, and it is not wise to have our own data center from a cost perspective. As a result of GCP, our operating costs have decreased. In addition to a number of free resources and new innovative products rolling out constantly, there are lots of free resources available based on the service. The dashboard, in particular, is simple and allows for all management to be done from one place. Taking a backup and restoring it whenever you need it is particularly convenient.

Cons

The service is a bit more expensive than other providers, specifically the price tier varies according to the level of customer support. Therefore, any immediate fixes must always be followed by additional learning.

Atharva

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

Best Cloud Provider with Great Future

I am very happy that I got to start my career with GCP. It's just works. The features like Bigquery, Bigtable, Cloud Spanner, GKE, Autopilot are industry leading. And it shows in how GCP is capturing the market.

Pros

The Artificial Intelligence and Data Engineering SAAS offerings of GCP are best in the market. Bigquery makes analysis of billing of multiple projects very easy. It's Autopilot and Standard Kubernetes offering are just amazing. UI and Console are very easy to use and makes starting on GCP great. Security Command Centre is great. Even the free tier.

Cons

I would love some proper documentation like Azure. But other than that GCP is the best option for all size companies

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Cheaper alternatives than the competition.
Ankit
Ankit
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Google Cloud Compute Engine is a dependable and user-friendly computing platform

Pros

It's simple to get started and capable of developing and producing reliable programs. Prices are competitive and serve multiple areas. A traditional IaaS with strong security and networking capabilities. The provision of IT resources is really fast. It is scalable to zero and allows direct deployment from container images. It helps to optimize the invoicing of online services. Due to the lack of scalability, I prefer Cloud Run over AWS App Runner. It offers a very substantial free tier that is always available. I rarely pay bills for my minor services. This takes more than half of my deployment time. It's simple to combine with git and other programs. For faster communication, it supports gRPC.

Cons

It can sometimes be difficult to find information on certain aspects. It may be more expensive than its competitors and may not have as many features. Some features require the user to use CLI or API. Compared to serverless computing tools like ECS Fargate, it offers various customization possibilities for deployment. It can have a level to have more customization options. I once had a weird problem that caused the entire database to crash. I was able to fix the problem myself by resetting the user using the online admin portal.