Google Cloud Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Google Cloud

Featuring G-Suite and GCP, Google Cloud is a platform that provides a reliable and easy-to-use set of solutions that can be used to tackle the toughest challenges in any type of industry. It provides secure storage options,...

Browse Google Cloud Reviews

1,808 of 1,808 reviews
Melvin M
Melvin M

Reviewed on 20/05/2022

Best Cloud Server Storage Facilities

This is the Fastest Cloud Platform for launching your Database. The integrations are dynamic and Google Cloud Servers will guild your database into success. You can integrate many softwares that help build your business.

Pros

I used Googl Cloud To Launch My backend software (database) for my Business Website and the integration resulted to the most successful profits I've ever seen in my business history. They offer a wide range of Cloud computing and offer about $300 credit for building this system.

Cons

You have to be willing to put in the maximal time and effort to make good business profit. Its hardwork and you have to adapt to the Cloud environment. At the end of the day I'm not complaining I prefer Google Cloud Server when it comes to Cloud Computing , you just have to be ready to work smart and hard.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Blue Host started becoming too expensive.

Bluehost

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Google Cloud has Cloud Computing features, major difference.
Orianne
Orianne
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

Enhanced AI and K8 features facilitate the development of the latest applications

All data processing can be completed by accessing the cloud platform from a web browser. The ability to work seamlessly with Google Earth Engine. Even if you do not have a high-specification machine at hand, you can perform various data processing you want by operating the cloud from your browser. Because you can directly run analysis algorithms, such as machine learning, linking with various Earth Engine data. By using GKE, we no longer needed to operate our Kubernetes cluster and could now focus on application development. As a result, we were able to concentrate on developing services that could deliver more value, contributing to the speed and quality of application releases.

Pros

I think the Kubernetes cloud service is very easy to use, partly because it is provided by Google, which developed Kubernetes. We also have a full range of AI services, and by combining them with Google AI, we can offer AI services seamlessly, which helps improve the added value of our services.

Cons

The web browser interface is constantly changing. When the system is updated, it also changes the menu display, etc., so it can be a bit confusing. There is no problem with the data processing itself, but sometimes the response at the first stage of access from the browser seems a bit slow.

Amazon EC2

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Problems, specific effects, and various functions have been solved, and it has become possible to perform complex analyses in conjunction with Google Earth Engine. It became possible to proceed with the analysis without worrying about the specifications of the machine in question.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Since it is relatively inexpensive and can be accessed by many people, it has lessened the need to prepare a local environment at a cost. Since a large amount of data can be analyzed using cloud computing resources, it is expensive, but considering time and resources, it seems reasonable.
Krystal
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

I recommend Google cloud

Mobile experience has been awesome thanks Google

Pros

Very easy and safe to use and a lot of lot of space and a lot of stuff

Cons

Can't really find too much I didn't like about it

Top Google Cloud Alternatives

Gaurav
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Robust clickstream data storage and analysis tool

My overall experience with Google Cloud Platform has been satisfactory. I have been able to work with IT to import marketing campaigns data from multiple sources and store them for querying by analysts in my team. Due to scalability and stability of databases in GCP, I can keep moving more marketing data without worrying about slowing down the databases or crashing them. So, all analytics pulled using this imported data can populate a dashboard and keep it updated with fresh insights. Which helps in driving higher ROI.

Pros

My marketing team uses Google Cloud Platform to collect Google Analytics clickstream data and marry it with structured data from other sources. I analyze that correlated dataset using SQL queries. Some benefits I see off using GCP: I can access data online using a Google email address which I already use for other Google tools. I can export the data extract using Google Sheets and store it in Google Drive. I can import additional data by setting up a daily feed from Google Analytics. So, I get the benefits of a relational database with ability to scale using Google servers.

Cons

Google Cloud Platform is great for importing datasets from Google Analytics and other Google suite tools. But from tools which are not in the Google eco system, it involves heavy lift from ETL developers or architects. Additionally, GCP Bigquery tool has a limit on the volume of queries an analyst can run. Once that limit or cap is crossed, companies have to pay extra. So, using the LIMIT command in SQL becomes critical to limit the numbers of rows. Also, there is a challenge of legacy SQL vs. current version because they use different syntax.

Gretchen

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

I love cloud storage

Keeps my data and information stored safely.

Pros

I like how I still have all important data saved, even if damage is done to my computer or phone.

Cons

Monthly fee can add up to quite a bit if you are storing a lot of information.

Asma
Asma

Reviewed on 22/10/2022

Google Cloud Platform is simply awesome

It is good platform to make your database secure, fast and reliable.

Pros

It is easy to customize or configure disk based on type and size of the disk through console. The Google compute works great, from this the repository and file for store can be create with ease and maintaining and set up is this is also good. The data can be accessed from anywhere and from any device easily and quickly. The bet of Google Cloud platform is which I like most is we need to pay as per utilization or the feature we opt from this platform. Google cloud is fast, safe, and secure and optimize database as service. It give the best solution for business based on its cloud services.

Cons

We face many problems when we are migrating our virtual machines from one zone to another. Process of migrating VM’s is bit complex and confusing one.

IBM Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Google cloud platform is cost effective compare to IBM cloud and it is easy to setup and mange our database as service.
Giuliana
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 09/11/2023

Google cloud recommendation

I work for a channel that is a Google partner for education. I know all the goodness.

Pros

I like that it is 100% native. It has many layers of security. Currently 9.4M is the cost per hack in an organization.

Cons

Currently, many organizations use Microsoft and many are afraid to make the change from SQL to Google.

Malerie
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 31/08/2023

Necessary product for data storage

I had a great experience with this product, it even allowed me to share the storage space with my family which in my opinion is a great feature

Pros

I like the ease of use, the price for the amount of storage given

Cons

What I liked least about Google Cloud is that they didnt make me aware of incoming payment and I was unprepared for it.

Thomas
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 16/02/2024

Cloud review

Does the job it is intended to. Could have a nicer UI.

Pros

It’s security features that mean I can see who has access and who doesn’t.

Cons

It’s dashboard can look a little scary at first.

Alec
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

A Little Overwhelming

Pros

The data base and resources that you have access to is impressive. There are even walkthroughs to help you with your project

Cons

The information available is massive and unless you know what you are looking for it can be overwhelming.

Lorri

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

Works great for a business owner on a budget

It's been great. Easy for me, easy for clients, and easy for colleagues and collaborators to use. It does everything I need.

Pros

This is easy to use, and for very small businesses, the free version might be sufficient. So it's very accessible from a price perspective. I pay for the business set up, which is $14 per month, in part because of the email archiving functionality which I need for my particular industry. In addition, because everyone is using google these days for email, files and calendar items are super easy to share with my clients.

Cons

I use Microsoft in my other job, and I do think it's a more robust software, and that Office documents still have a lot of functionality compared to Google docs. That being said, the price of Microsoft Office and Cloud is prohibitive for a business the size of mine.

Dropbox Business and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Pricing, universality of the product - client and vendor familiarity with use.
Harmony
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

What my thoughts are about google cloud platform.

I solve data storage problems and help scale back the amount of human error. At the same time, I am able to run data smoothly and efficiently in a beat and orderly fashion.

Pros

I like the fact that you can store an unlimited amount of space as an online back up. If your computer has a major power surge and fries, your work and documents are saved and you have not lost everything.

Cons

I think that there should be an option where you can make the background and fonts a more laid back description instead of always having it professional. I really also don’t really care for how everything is connected to the google—-everything branches out from it.

Kamal

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Cloud computing made easy

It's the best cloud computing platform I've used.

Pros

The GCP has made the deployment of development practices easy. Creating and Launching virtual instances is very fast. You are billed only when instances are running. The free trial credit makes it superb and standout among others.

Cons

The only disadvantage is that it assigns a USA IP address for every instance created. Even if the location of the instance is India, London, South Africa, you'll be given a USA IP.

Microsoft Azure and Amazon EC2

Microsoft Azure

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

The platform has more speed and the free trial runs up to 1 year while others are not.
Susan

Reviewed on 31/01/2023

An Effective Storage Platform

It is a phenomenal experience and I wish they reduce the price, it is great and extremely convenient loving it.

Pros

It is easy to access and has all the essential things for an company to function and helps a lot during work days. That includes cloud storage, good options(accessibility) and convenient and easy to handle.

Cons

It is expensive and cost's bit(5$-10$) higher than other software's in the market, but preferred as Google is an highly secured platform.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

It is highly secured and protected by more firewalls, and easy to access.
Sébastien
Sébastien

Reviewed on 16/03/2019

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

Pros

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

Cons

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

Debbie

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

Google Cloud from a Person who is not techie

ProblemsGoogle Cloud provides a range of solutions for storing, managing, and analyzing large amounts of data, including data warehouses, data lakes, and Big Data services. Google Cloud offers backup and disaster recovery solutions that help businesses protect their data and quickly recover from unexpected events.Google Cloud provides a platform for developing, testing, and deploying applications, enabling businesses to quickly bring new products and services to market. Google Cloud offers collaboration tools, such as Google Workspace, that help teams work more efficiently and effectively together.By leveraging Google Cloud's scalable infrastructure, businesses can reduce costs associated with hardware, software, and maintenance.BenefitsGoogle Cloud can scale to meet the changing needs of a business, providing resources when and where they're needed.Google invests heavily in security, ensuring that customer data is protected through encryption, access controls, and other security measures. Google has data centers and infrastructure located in multiple regions around the world, providing low latency and high performance for customers.Strong partner ecosystem: Google Cloud has a large and growing ecosystem of partners and integrators, providing customers with a wide range of services and solutions to meet their needs. Google Cloud offers a range of AI and machine learning services that can help customers gain insights and make better decisions. Innovation

Pros

Scalability: Google Cloud offers a highly scalable infrastructure that can adapt to the changing needs of a business.Security: Google invests heavily in security, ensuring that customer data is protected through encryption, access controls, and other security measures.Global presence: Google has data centers and infrastructure located in multiple regions around the world, providing low latency and high performance for customers.Strong partner ecosystem: Google Cloud has a large and growing ecosystem of partners and integrators, providing customers with a wide range of services and solutions to meet their needs.AI and Machine Learning capabilities: Google Cloud offers a range of AI and machine learning services that can help customers gain insights and make better decisions.

Cons

Steep learning curve: Some customers may find the breadth and depth of Google Cloud's offerings challenging to understand and navigate.Cost: Google Cloud's services can be more expensive than those of some other cloud providers, particularly for smaller customers or those with less complex needs.Limited adoption in certain industries: Google Cloud is still not as widely adopted as some other cloud providers, which can limit the availability of expertise and best practices in certain industries.

Richard
Richard

Reviewed on 04/06/2018

Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment

I've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.

Pros

The Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for testing, and bringing in 'tested' environments into production status.

For the most part, I've found the Google Cloud Platform tools deploy very quickly, so there isn't much downtime as you want to ramp up additional resources. I've also found their billing platform one of the best if you have clients you're setting these resources as you can create independent billing accounts like you might in Google Adwords.

Cons

My gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly offer up the estimated monthly expense. I've had a few painful surprises over the years so watch your billing estimates carefully.

My next gripe is both positive and negative: Google Cloud is always improving their service offerings (this is positive), but often their improvements roll out as a different product with no clear way to migrate from say Compute Engine (older product) to their Kubernetes Engine (new product).

Jordan
Jordan

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

Affordable Cloud Service For Marketing Analytics

Nothing but positive. I come more from an analytics background, but it's always easy for me to do the work of a data engineer in the platform.

Pros

Like all cloud software, I love how easy it is to import data and incorporate it into my work-flow for spinning up marketing dashboards. I specifically like Google Cloud Platform for its multiple integrations into Google Data Studio and other platforms, such as Datorama.

Cons

Like most Google products, I wish it was easier to integrate into third-party (non-Google) products.

• Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

In The Driver's Seat With GCP

Being an ever-expanding firm, we design mobile apps for both small businesses and for our own PC video games. We always employ various Google Cloud solutions such as Google Drive and Firestore. We use Google Cloud Console to keep track of all of our cloud services from a single interface. We also use it to increase and decrease the number of servers as needed to meet the demands of our various applications and large-scale games.

Pros

One of the most modern cloud service providers provides a cloud console that makes it simple for users to interact with a wide variety of cloud-based services. Navigating the menu is easy because each service is broken down into a number of distinct categories. There is a cloud shell capability that allows you to use a command line interface to interact with the cloud as well.
There is no need for everyone to travel to the company to participate in the development of our video game projects because we can publish and manage them online.
It's a cinch to set up.

Cons

Everything appears to be in fine working order. You can manage, administer, and monitor cloud resources without experiencing any delays by utilizing the GUI. It appears to me that there is significant room for improvement in the user interface in order to provide a more engaging user experience.

Microsoft Azure

the price and features.
Will
Will

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

A trusted partner, and innovative IaaS and PaaS provider

We moved from a previous cloud hosting platform that had persistent downtime issues and we haven't had this issue in over 8 years with Google.

Pros

Whilst remaining innovative, security and reliability is paramount and this is evident through all of the Google Cloud platform products. We know that the products and tools available to us can be utilised for new projects and we're not afraid to commit to using these.

Cons

Some products are released with limited functionality and take time to evolve, other platforms perhaps have more mature offerings to compliment the compute resources. Naming conventions and rebrands of products can be confusing at times, especially when the name differs slightly when interacting via API, CLI vs GUI.

Reviewed on 28/11/2021

Google Cloud Platform is a good suite of tools most suited to infrastructure-as-a-service

Experience has been good, it all works, it's a very stable service and it is reasonably priced.

Pros

My organisation mostly uses Google Compute Engine to host all our websites and applications on Google infrastructure. It is a fairly reasonably priced service and very stable, bosting excellent and reliable uptime. You can run a number of officially supported Linux distributions, so you can most likely install what you know. It is all quite easy to setup and manage your servers, though the UI is Google style - so it's not the prettiest - quite minimalist.

Cons

It can start to get expensive once you need to scale, so make sure you look at what that would cost before buy in at the entry level. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the interface, it's a very simple and ugly - but it all works perfectly so it's not a big deal.

Microsoft Azure, Linode and DigitalOcean

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

Google cloud is a winner for me

Overall, it solves my business's problems of having our infrastructure managed in a cloud platform well.

Pros

Integrating with google cloud is very straightforward and it's fantastically easy to use compared to competitors such as AWS. The capabilities are comparable with the biggest players in the space but google cloud is much easier to use.

Cons

Something to be wary of is pricing as it can ramp up quickly depending on which services you utilize. The customer support is also not quite where it should be for a company of this size.

Ankit
Ankit
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Google Cloud Compute Engine is a dependable and user-friendly computing platform

Pros

It's simple to get started and capable of developing and producing reliable programs. Prices are competitive and serve multiple areas. A traditional IaaS with strong security and networking capabilities. The provision of IT resources is really fast. It is scalable to zero and allows direct deployment from container images. It helps to optimize the invoicing of online services. Due to the lack of scalability, I prefer Cloud Run over AWS App Runner. It offers a very substantial free tier that is always available. I rarely pay bills for my minor services. This takes more than half of my deployment time. It's simple to combine with git and other programs. For faster communication, it supports gRPC.

Cons

It can sometimes be difficult to find information on certain aspects. It may be more expensive than its competitors and may not have as many features. Some features require the user to use CLI or API. Compared to serverless computing tools like ECS Fargate, it offers various customization possibilities for deployment. It can have a level to have more customization options. I once had a weird problem that caused the entire database to crash. I was able to fix the problem myself by resetting the user using the online admin portal.

Emily
Emily

Reviewed on 02/06/2020

My experience using Google Cloud has been excellent

Google Cloud have all that I need once I got the opportunity to make a record for my work. It's a web device where I can without much of a stretch make a record, likewise, it's a unique format for introduction or basically decent covering for the doc, it is anything but difficult to impart to associates or companions, I can simply duplicate the connection and gives access to my archive and everybody welcomed individuals will get an email.

Pros

I'm glad that I can utilize Google Cloud at my work and make my documentation inside the quick and most effortless strategy it doesn't rely on my PC operational framework so I can remain quiet that this documentation will be spared and not lost. it's simple and open to everybody. I feel it works incredible for group arranging or business-related assignment. I additionally appreciate the very truth that everyone can alter the archive.

Cons

What I lean toward least about this product is that occasionally records are frequently incidentally lost. It can turn out to be extremely hard to search out some of my archives. It is frequently hard to utilize at first and to encourage won't to it. I feel it took me some time to really be recognizable.

Claudia

Reviewed on 23/08/2023

Great tool

It's very easy and comfortable software to use. It's safe to access and I know that I will never loose any documents. Once on the drive, it will be forever on the drive.

Pros

I use Google on my daily tasks both personally and professionally. It's easy and safe to access from any device. And it's easy to share documents (view only). I never lost a document or picture again. Even if I or someone delete something by mistake It's easy to access the previous versions of the document and recover it.

Cons

I wish that it was easier to transfer documents from and to my laptop into my Google Drive folders. Most times it doesn't give that option. I need to download the document and then manually do it. Another downside is sharing documents with a person. Most times it asks permission for the other person to edit it. I normally just download it and then email it.