Google Calendar Reviews

About Google Calendar

Google Calendar is a calendar management solution that helps organizations schedule and track meetings and events. It enables employees to create to-do lists and automatically receive reminders to complete specific tasks. Google...

4.7
4.7

Browse Google Calendar Reviews

3,126 of 3,126 reviews
Maribel
Maribel

Reviewed on 25/04/2022

Remembering with Google Calendar

Google Calendar has assisted me with remaining incredibly coordinated in all areas of my life.
It is easy to utilize and outwardly engaging. This instrument makes it simple to organize gatherings with colleagues, plan occasions, and even add errands for every day.
I will keep on utilizing this apparatus both for expert and individual association.
I love that an off site getting unites the guide as it's image, or now and again a genuine image of the area.
I use Google Calendar for individual and business utilizes.

Pros

Google has made it so natural to oversee even the most active schedules.
The offer element permits numerous individuals to have concurrent access, which is helpful now much more than before with colleagues working from an assortment of areas.
Changes to the schedule are done continuously, so next to zero postponement in is having the option to plan and affirm arrangements.
It permits me to set up numerous different schedules on similar records.
With this element, we have had the option to set up altered schedules for each common task, which permits us to just impart them to individuals from those groups.
We are accordingly ready to follow the action of all colleagues cooperating on those activities.
It is essentially the simplest to utilize project the executives instrument.

Cons

There isn't a lot dislike about Google Calendars.
On the off chance that I had one analysis it would be of duplication Calendars and Holidays.
I'd very much want to see some "shrewd sifting' actually intending that assuming you as of now have Birthdays turned on in one of your schedules, on the off chance that you have another schedule, or imparted schedule to a similar data it frequently appears as a copy.
In all decency, its generally a client arrangement issue, you can undoubtedly flip off occasions or birthday events in schedules yet there must be google brainiac that could work on the interaction.

Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

To test the functionalities of the other options
Devin
  • Industry: Automotive

Google Calender

Pros

Easy to use, The reminders help me to not to forget events/appointments I need to make.

Cons

I prefer the monthly view and this should be my default view every time I open the app.

nguessan valery
nguessan valery

Reviewed on 30/07/2023

A tool for planning your time

Calendar is a useful tool. You can save certain important events by noting them on specific dates. It's also very useful as a reminder, to avoid missing appointments. My problem with this app is that I find it intrusive into my data, reminding me that it was designed by Google

Pros

I only use it on my phone. I know it integrates well with Google Meet or Workspace, but I haven't tested it yet. It's a pretty useful tool. It allows me to save dates and important events. I also like the fact that you can share events with other people. The feature I use most often is the reminder. It ensures that I don't miss my appointments. It's easy to configure and simple to use

Cons

The birthdays of some of my contacts on Facebook and in my address book ended up in the app without my consent. Google has shown me that it has no respect for the privacy of its users and that its privacy policy is overrated

Top Google Calendar Alternatives

Lenah
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

The most efficient team coordination software

Overall, Google Calendar is a great event scheduler.

Pros

The collaborative tool of Google Calendar simplifies teamwork through its user-friendly features. The ability to create and share facilitates effective scheduling and communication between my team members. What I like the most is the integration with Google Workspace which allows team members to send invites through email, initiate video meetings, and attach documents.

Cons

One potential drawback is the limit on the number of people you can invite to an event. 200 participants can be restrictive for a larger event.

Kirsty

Great calender!

Pros

I love google calendar as its easy to sync between several devices and users to help manage day to day plans

Cons

I dont dislike anything about google calendar

Robert

Google Calendar Rocks

It has been very good . Easy to use and setup .

Pros

Easy to use and setup. The base version is 100 percent free.

Cons

It would help if there was better booking built in

Martin
  • Industry: Automotive

Fantastic.

Pros

How easy it is to use and how you can look at other peoples shared calendars.

Cons

I cant fault this service at all. Its just brilliant.

Anne

Google Calendar

Pros

It's very user-friendly and keeps me on track with my tasks and meetings.

Cons

Everything has been working well so no cons at this time.

Jacob

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

Google Calendar - the ultimate scheduling tool

Pros

It's simplicity and effectiveness is unmatched.

Cons

There are some features that I don't use because they are less intuitive.

Maria

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

I don’t know how I lived before GC

Pros

I like the fact that I have an agenda so easily accessible and I don’t miss my errands and appointments anymore. I don’t know how I lived my life before I started using Google Calendar.

Cons

I can find anything that doesn’t makes sense or works in a wrong way.

Ernesto
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Is there any other way?

I have used Google Calendar since the beginning and have found it extremely reliable and useful for both my personal and professional needs. I use it daily and have no doubts I will continue using it for both for years to come.

Pros

My team and I all use Android Smartphones and Chromebook laptops and there is absolute perfect integration between them all using Google Calendar. We use to schedule meetings, to set reminders, to set deadlines and to keep in contact with our customers.

Cons

We really cant see any negatives using Google Calendar as it suits all of our calendar management needs.

Its free and you cant beat the integration with Googles' Android Devices

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Google is free and is built into all Android and Chromebook devices I and my team use.
Ricky
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 23/05/2023

Google calendar does it all

I've been using Google calendar for years. I've also tried other popular calendars and Google by far has the best one. It incorporates seamlessly with other Google apps and also with a ton of third party apps. I've really enjoyed using Google calendar.

Pros

The best feature is the calendars ability to sync with so many outside booking systems. This ensures people all booking from different platforms can't book at the same time.

Cons

The ting I didn't like about Calendar was that it wasn't so easily accessible via Gmail. However, now your calendar can be in a side panel of your Gmail and you can create calendar events directly from an email.

Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

It lacked so many features that Google calendar offers. Also, calendar is free with the option to upgrade to Google One and receive excellent support.

Zoho Calendar

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

I just found calendar more feature rich.
Ari
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

Best overall value out there!

I've used several calendar clients and Google's own is still the most efficient and the one that doesn't give me headaches with syncing or any other thing.
The possibility to create reminders and tasks is amazing too, very few if any, have that integration with events and reminders/tasks. It's great.

Pros

Simple interface, important features all present, easy to schedule any event, great syncing and the possibility to create reminders and/or tasks is a deal breaker.

Cons

The UI needs some refinement and a much needed update. That's all, everything else is great.

Fantastical

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

It's free and more effective!

Fantastical

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

It's a much better value than the competition.
Karen
Karen

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

My Life Planner

I have been using google calendar for planning appointments and training for my business. Google Calendar has been the only app that syncs to all the software that I use, and that has helped me avoid double-booking meetings with my clients across multiple platforms. I also used this for personal scheduling, I have a shared calendar with family members where we plan activities and events together.

Pros

Google Calendar integrates with most of the apps I currently use. I manage all my appointment in Upwork, Calendly and personal appointments. I have shared calendars with my team, my clients and family members.

Cons

Google calendar sometimes does not sync fully on my iPhone's calendar.

Emily

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Google Calendar: One of the best tools for client-facing connections

Overall, Google Calendar has been awesome and a huge key to my success in my position at the company I work at. Even though I started as just an assistant using a calendar, I've found that I'm still using it today and it continues to grow my success!

Pros

I work at a company that does a ton of client-facing meetings, presentations, and virtual lunch-and-learns, so it's key for us to have a product that can help us keep organized and on top of our schedules, and that is exactly what Google Calendar does for us. It's incredibly easy to check out your colleague's calendars (especially once you color code each one!) and find a time that works for everyone involved for a meeting. Another thing I love about it is that in such a digital age and with the majority working from home, we all have a LOT of options about what we use for work. Some use Zoom, some use Skype - but the one very universal tool is Google Calendar. Even if Google Suite isn't what your company uses daily, it's still familiar and user-friendly, so when an invite comes through, you'll know exactly what to do. Overall, I love Google Calendar and am so glad my company uses it.

Cons

There isn't much I can say about the things I dislike about Google Calendar, however one thing that comes to mind is about the mobile version. I have the Google Calendar app - since I'm constantly using it for both my personal and professional use - and when attempting to set something up on the phone, it's a bit complicated and seems as if the app is miscalibrated. Creating an event is always a bit tricky - and it's definitely easy to fix - but it's something that can and should be improved on.

Megan
Megan
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Used by everyone for a reason

Pros

I'm sure some people use MS calendar, but why would they? Google Calendar is so much easier, and does all the work for you. Plus, everyone has much better access to Google Calendar from what I've experienced. You can share Google Calendars with people who don't have a Gmail account, so that's great. You can have multiple calendars with multiple administration levels, you can hide or show different calendars at a time, you can color-coordinate your calendar, and it even has cute little background images when you use the phone app. The app works great--just as well, if not better than the online version. I like that I can sync it with multiple different calendar apps too, and I can share my calendar with other people. It's also way better at syncing to your time zone than other online calendar apps I've used. That's a huge perk too. The tasks feature on it works really well too. I use it to give me reminders on things I need to do monthly, or even to make a to do list sometimes.

Cons

There really isn't much I would improve with Google Calendar. For some reason, Google just really has this figured out. They're not perfect on everything, but the Calendar is pretty darn close.

Amanda
Amanda

Reviewed on 22/01/2022

Aesthetically Pleasing Planning and Scheduling Software

I'm planning my days and my businesses easier. This has had the effect of making my businesses more efficient and run more smoothly.

Pros

Google Calendar has a new feature that allows you to reach a desired goal by allowing you to do day-to-day tasks in furtheration of your ultimate goal. This goal can be learning to code and losing weight. This is by far the best Innovation by Google Calendar. It really seems to take into account my peak points and to schedule time that will help me to achieve my goal at those ideal moments. In Google Calendar, scheduling runs smoothly and efficiently. Tasks and events can be easily scheduled in advance. I like how you can share your upcoming events with friends. The best part is that shared links are automatically synced with your friends' Google Calendars. This allows us to send them notifications when events are taking place. This is a very important feature of the app in my opinion. I like how you can schedule pretty much anything and everything ahead of time. I like how the app provides a general overview of the month and year ahead. The best part is that you can plan everything down to the last detail.The app allows you to schedule the hour up to a year in advance. I like how the app simplifies the scheduling process. It assists you in staying organized and focused for the time frame that you have set. I like that you can create whatever type of schedule you want. Overall I love that the app is aesthetically pleasing and that it's very quick and easy to use. The app is easy to navigate and it helps you to achieve your goals and to stay focused overall.

Cons

The sound should be much louder, and the notifications should be more prominent. To ensure that I see my reminders on time, notifications should be designed to be more schedule-stopping. Because of the weak structure and quiet nature of this app's reminders, they are easily overlooked.

• Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 12/09/2022

A simple system for a complex world

I have transitioned from just using Google Calendar for work to using it to organise my out-of-work life, coordinating events with my wife and daughter. Can't say there's many in-work systems that prove quite so useful, but this is definitely one.

Pros

Google Calendar looks good. As a system I spend a significant portion of each day looking at it's nice to see a wonderfully clean looking UI. Even when the calendar is busy it doesn't look insurmountably dense.
Using the system is easy, with many intuitive features built in. For example, if I have selected to see certain colleagues availabilities, it will automatically add them to the guest list when I select to schedule a meeting. It also remembers those colleagues and groups of colleagues I meet with most regularly and moves them to the top of my suggestions list.
The options for different calendar events such as meetings, deadlines, out of office and focus time add a level of detail that is useful without being cumbersome. There is also the option to colour code and label meetings, making the schedule even more decipherable at a glance.
The integration of meeting options into email alerts is one of the best features. When I receive a meeting invitation I can confirm or decline attendance within the email itself rather than having to go looking for it in the Calendar itself.

Cons

A lot of the features I would have suggested (labelling meetings, colour coding) have been added over the time I've been using the software. Whilst there will always be features that can be added, there is little in the way of drawbacks with it as it stands to mention.

Arturo
Arturo

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

The calendar and simple wizard

It is a calendar and assistant in its point, give what they offer in the purest style of Google, ie offer several functions that only Google can give you, besides being synchronized with your contacts and holidays depending on the country you are, is an excellent calendar for those small to medium businesses, I would highly recommend it, more if you have the Google Workspace.

Pros

It is a calendar and assistant created by Google, which makes your life easier if you are a person who is good at forgetting appointments, meetings, or any activity which requires a place and time.
This calendar is based on a fairly simple and familiar interface so that anyone can manage and schedule or schedule appointments quite easily, I have been comparing it with the Microsoft calendar, and one of its strengths of Google is that with the familiar face of google, it is even more practical and easy to see with its colors that distinguish google, it is a more dynamic calendar in every way.

Cons

What I did not like so much about this calendar, is that in order to access all its features such as scheduling appointments, scheduling different times for those appointments, even putting the locations of those appointments, etc... You must have a premium google account, so to speak, which is the Google Workspace. It is a service for small to medium-scale businesses, but it is an important factor that you have to pay to use all the features of the calendar. Considering the wide variety of calendars on the market, this is a negative point.

Bonita
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 15/01/2022

Google Calendar is a Must Have for Home and Work

Google Calendar ensures that I arrive on time for clients, events, meetings, and social fun with friends. It helps me organise my tasks and it syncs beautifully with other programs essential to my work and my life. With the pandemic, it's become even more important for me, as I have so many online activities to coordinate. I look back on the days of using paper calendars as the Stone Age. I can't imagine going through life without having my day at my fingertips. Thank you, Google!

Pros

I love how Google Calendar puts all my tasks, events, meetings, and appointments in one place. I can colour code for "at a glance" knowledge of how my day is unfolding. I love that it shows up on all of my devices, so that if I make a change on one device, it automatically changes it on all others. Cloud-based programming means never having to worry that if my Internet goes down, I've lost my calendar. I love that I can sync it with appointment and event programs as well as my video call program. It's easy to coordinate meetings with others by adding their emails to meetings to create instant invites. I would have to say that Google Calendar is the program I refer to most during my day, along with Gmail.

Cons

I would like a seamless way to download the calendar by year for future reference. When I am saving a Zoom session to Google Calendar, the window for the event is often very small. Other than these issues, I find Google Calendar to be stable, reliable, and an excellent resource for organising at home and at the office.

Richard
Richard
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 08/10/2023

The best free scheduling app available

I have used Google Calendar for several years along with the rest of Google's suite of programs. I think it's the best scheduling app that is available for free, including Microsoft Outlook, which is unusual because I almost always prefer Microsoft's alternatives to Google apps.

Pros

My favorite thing about Google Calendar is the fact that it syncs across any device you might have, ensuring that you have your schedule totally available at all times. Also, it integrates with the rest of Google's suite of software.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Google Calendar is the fact that it sometimes interacts oddly with any native calendar apps that may be available on your device. This can be fixed pretty easily by ensuring that Google Calendar is your default calendar app.

Justus

Reviewed on 21/05/2022

Google Calendar is the best cloud calendar i ever used

Google Calendar helped me organize my life for the last six years and i can still go back multiple years and look at what i've done at a certain time. Even when a phone inevitably got destroyed, i didn't think twice about loss of the valuable organization of my time. I think that's awesome and speaks to the consistency of the product. There are other tech-giants that won't loose you're data as well, but no calendar has such a wide and mature integration with this many platforms. That's why i love using Google Calendar and will keep on using it.

Pros

There are many things I like about Google Calendar, but if I had to say just a few, those would be it:
- ease of using multiple calendars to organize different areas of your life
- easy integration of external calendars (e.g. for university, sports, ...)
- Well working web- and iOS-apps, that just work

Cons

There are not a lot of things i dislike about Google Calendar. It's mostly little UI and ease-of-use changes i'd like to see. Like if i'm in the iOS app and want to switch the calendar of an existing event there is no easy way to do this. You have to duplicate the event into the calendar you desire and delete the old event.
The web-app doesn't have this problem, here you can change the calendar directly, even on an already existing event.

Arun Sarathy
Arun Sarathy

Reviewed on 16/09/2022

My Goto Calendar (Simple but effective)

Overall, Microsoft Outlook is my 'official' calendar that I use at my work (office), and Google Calendar covers up everything else - my personal commitments, my personal projects, appointments, scheduling personal chores, and focus time.

Pros

This is hands-down, a simple calendar that I fall back on after testing other calendars. So far, this is my 2nd best (after Microsoft Outlook) calendar. Google Calendar has very good keyboard shortcuts and does a good job of syncing with my other accounts that can integrate with it.

Cons

Outlook is #1 in my opinion in its efficiency and effectiveness when it comes to doing everything that surrounds a calendar for productivity. Google calendar's top-most 'cons' in my opinion is its not great when it comes to sending reminder notifications on my browser or mobile. It doesn't work all the time - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. This is one BIG pet peeve I have on Google Calendar.

Caroline
Caroline

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

No more paper calendars!

I have always preferred using paper calendars in the past, however, since I have been using Google Calendar, I will never go back. It is simple to use, and helps me keep track of my day to day meetings and events.

Pros

Google Calendar is such an excellent tool for any business or even families. In our school, we often have meetings with other staff members, duties on specific days and specific times, or other events that we need to keep up with. If all of these events are put into your Google Calendar, you will get notifications on your computer or phone at least 10 minutes before the event. If these events are put onto a paper calendar, then it is only as good as your memory, or whether you keep it open and with you at all times.

I also love how I can check other people's calendars in my school so that I can coordinate meetings during their free time. It is easy to create a meeting and invite other users, who get an email notification with the invitation.

Cons

The only part about Google Classroom that could be challenging is ensuring that all members of your school or business are using it effectively. Training is key especially for those who are not technologically savvy or who prefer using paper calendars. However, I do believe that once a business has everyone training, then it will be an effective tool for everyone.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 08/06/2021

Perfect simple software for managing meetings

Pros

It is very straightforward, simple, and limited (in a good way!) - the purpose I use it for is simply to schedule meetings with coworkers and partners, and have a meeting place. Google Rooms is easier to access than Zoom (no need to download a separate software), you can invite out-of-network guests, and have all meetings, even those taking place outside of Google, centralized on one calendar.

Cons

It can become overloaded if working with a large team; a key feature of Google Calendar is that it lets you view the calendars of coworkers so you can efficiently find meeting times and schedule things in available slots. That being said, if you have 20+ coworkers like me, all with vastly different schedules, this feature is not as efficient or effective as it was designed to be. You can always turn this view off, to not crowd your own calendar.

Trello and Asana