About Gmail

Gmail is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses streamline communication across the organization via emails. It enables professionals to sort inbox messages into various categories and place emails into new tabs using a...

Browse Gmail Reviews

6,258 of 6,258 reviews
Sm iftekhar S.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 04/09/2021

The best E-mail service provider available in the market.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the service that Gmail is offering. It has replaced outlook & Yahoo mail almost completely.

Pros

We have been using Gmail workplace from G-suite. This is the most native e-mailing software with all features available. It has a great management process onboard with automatic alignment for priority. It includes a great notification system & faster delivery.

Cons

I have no issues with this software. But It sometimes picks the normal email as a spam email. This is a minor issue though.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

It has a better overview of the email. A better Ui with faster message delivery. It has easy access from all cross-platform devices.

Ilan T.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Gmail Review

I use Gmail daily and have multiple accounts. I have my primary email which is a more business-oriented email for projects and professional communication. I also have a personal email that I use for generic online interaction like signing up for websites or free trials, so as to not clog m important Gmail with needless messages. This system saves me time when knowing where specific types of emails should go, and who to respond to with what. If I am browsing LinkedIn for example, clearly the business Gmail is the go-to, versus Youtube which is tied to the personal. The ability to freely make more than one Gmail is a large boon to anyone seeking to diversify their mail needs.

Pros

I would says that Gmail, like most Google products, has a wonderfully simple to understand user experience. There are few features hidden from a user and the majority of featyures such as filtering or deleting can be done in a matter of seconds. Gmail can accept attachments, arguably the most important feature, to be able to send out files to your recepient. Whether that file is a Powerpoint you are making for an upcoming meeting or a cat picture you are sending to a family member, the relevance of file attachment cannot be understated as a feature.

Cons

My main gripe with Gmail is built in to the fact that it allows you to attach files to you email. The maximum file size is 25 Megabytes. While in the 80s and 90s this would surely have been an excess of space for computer-users, nowadays this is far too small. Most phone cameras take ppictures as large as 5 Megabytes nowadays, and often I will want to email myself photos for reference. Having to chain mail after mail to go through photos is a pain. Gmail suggests using Google Drive for anything pover 25 MB, but frankly not everyone has the time or correct ability to wait long stretches to upload documents to Google Drive constantly. While I understand that the limitation is more than likely for space considerations to not bloat Google's servers and Gmail's load times, a little larger would not hurt.

Mncedisi M.

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Shop assistant

I'm able to see if I have receive my money through Gmail. If have forgotten my Facebook password my Gmail account is always the to rescue me and that really make me be more find of this product.

Pros

I like the fact that it keep me in track of my recent and old emails. Through Gmail Analystics I'm able to keep good record list of my attended emails and all. It also make it easier for me to spot spams in my emails. I'm so greatful for Gmail!!!

Cons

Some people can easily hack my account if for instant they have my cellphone with them. The is less of customer service yet in this field the are always human errors that need to be attended agently.

Top Gmail Alternatives

Dominique A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 12/09/2021

Gmail for the WIN

My experience overall is amazing I can easily send any type of file, the fact that I can sync my phone, tablet and have everything attached to one account is the best. I love that I can group chat, the fact alone of you can make phone calls on it it’s more then enough reason to use it and super easy to send attachments.

Pros

It’s extremely user friendly. I love the fact that even if you WiFi is acting wacky you can still read and respond to your emails as well as search your emails with little to no connection. It has features like google chat or google meet, Which you can talk to people within your office. Also you can even send out calendar invitations or staff members and family that tend to forget everything lol. Gmail blocks 99% of dangerous emails before they even hit your inbox. It’s great that you can use it on your phone and desktop really easy. Huge storage space which is a plus

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t backup or download your email box. Also it doesn’t store our pictures separately like Facebook. The annoying thing is google auto reads all of your emails blah

Liezl J.

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

Most used daily tool

I have upgraded a 3 free gmail accounts to workspace, and set it up for at least 2 clients. It is fairly simple to import email to workspace, and much easier than the usual complicated email migrations!

However, the admin dashboard access is always a little bit of a dance for a single proprietor or small business. E.g. just being able to change a personal profile picture, or access calenders etc. is switched off by default. It may be better to default the same settings as gmail for new single users, so they don't need to dig around or be overwhelmed with the basics. Or, perhaps expand the setup to include deciding if users show profile photo's, name title, calendars etc. to get them going.

I still recommend it, but only if I can help them set it up, it can be a bit overwhelming for some tech-nervous clients.

Thank you for a great service, you have made the world of connecting accessible to individuals and small business!

Pros

Its quick and easy to sign up and get started. Its fairly seamless accessing and synchronizing email from multiple devices such as computer, phone and tablet. Importing contact phone and email details works fairly well, but could wasn't great for birthdays and dates (It has however been a while since I did that).

Cons

I use filter rules a lot to manage subscriptions, orders etc. They are quite hidden away in settings, and rather binary just listing rules instead of named options. I often need to clear it all out and start again as there are overlaps. *@email doesn't seem to work hugely well, but the detailed options for sending to folders or labelling etc. work well.

Inbox folders unread, - there are currently only 4 options, would be nice to have more! (e.g. inbox, starred, 1 selected filter folder and the remainder.) For example having multiple labelled selections based on rules.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

I went from a bigger business with tech administrators to a small startup - couldn't justify the overhead or maintenance of larger setups. This way I can scale as I grow, and help small business clients do the same. Its a professional foot forward, where bells and whistles can be added as you go (workspace).

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

The option to start small and scale later (the cost is slightly higher later but very comparable to most, and sustainable monthly). The ability to maintain it myself without the need for a networks engineer. The robustness of the security. The ability to integrate to my existing personal persona and other business identities, tools and features (e.g. calender, meet etc.)
Alhassan A.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 11/06/2021

Having a fully functional gmail account is like having your own personal assistant

My overall experience with Gmail has been truly wonderful. Without gmail's full range of options and functions, I would most likely be spending an additional 1 or 2 hours every day finishing my administrative duties. It has therefore been like having my own personal administrative assistant.

Pros

My favorite from the long list of features I love about this software are the filtering and sorting options available. One of my roles as systems administrator has my inbox flooded with upwards of 100 mails daily -- with most not requiring any response or action on my part. But the ones that needed my response kept getting lost in the vast jungle of messages. After I discovered the full range of sorting and filtering options available, we were able to develop a very effective system that always kept the most important messages separated at the top from the remaining ones not requiring any action.

Cons

The process of sending mails via google groups can be vastly improved and made much more user friendly. I also think the hangouts feature can see better integration with other messenger and direct messaging software that are probably more commonly used.

Miss R.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

Best Software

I love Gmail and would recommend it to everyone. It is the best email service I personally have ever used and helps me stay organized and productive.

Pros

I absolutely love Gmail. I have been using it for over a decade now and it is clear that Gmail takes leaps and bounds for customer satisfaction. Sending and receiving emails is made easier with Gmail. The friendly user interface increases my productivity greatly. Gmail also has great organization tools, allowing users to star and filter messages based on their needs. With the options to sort my emails easily and automatically filter spam mail, I can work more efficiently and save myself the hassle of manually having to check every single email to find the ones I am looking for. Using Gmail also opens up opportunities to use much other software by Google, which of course is amazing because it saves users money on other software they may need. One of my favorite features of Gmail is definitely the schedule send option. I appreciate the ability to be able to write up and email late at night and have it send automatically during working hours.

Cons

There are few cons about this software however one concern I would like to bring up is the less than satisfactory customer service. It takes days to get an answer from google if any problem arises with Gmail. This is really not efficient considering that I use Gmail every single day for work, school, and my personal needs.

Sandeep T.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Mailing with ease

The experience with Gmail is nice with no regrets. Its so good and handy when it comes to sending and receiving mails. I had been using Gmail for more than 10 years and its the reason why I like Gmail so much as it easy, safe and accurate way for mailing.

Pros

This software Gmail is the most popular Mailing Software till date. It allows us to send or receive files from person to person. It privacy maintenance is too good as it keeps the mails in spam if the sender is risky or doubtful. Not only this Gmail account is the most valued account all over internet as it can be used t sign up new pages or sites in order to keep in contact. When we unknowingly close the software the things we never saved goes to draft automatically which is the most useful function. And there is no limitation for the mails to receive and send.

Cons

The most disliked part of this software is that only 25 MB is sendable which is sometimes inconvievent to send multiple photos and pdf of large books so had to download compressor apps for that. The other thing that I don't like about it is that sometimes the file received takes too long to open and becomes flustrating.

Kristie K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

Best Platform for Email Usage

Overall, gmail has been my favorite form of software to use to send and receive email messages. I like using gmail because it is free and helps me store a lot of information all at once. The Google drive feature is great because I don’t have to worry about my files getting depleted on a flash drive. I can always go back to my Google drive to retrieve files that weren’t able to be stored properly.

Pros

I like using gmail because it keeps my information protected. I was introduced to gmail in college at NC State and I was told that it was free to use. At the time, yahoo was the main form of email but gmail was a better fit for me. I can send messages easily and the email is sent back if I email the wrong user. I can choose my username and attach files. If the files are too large then I have an option to do Google drive. Google drive is another feature I use a lot and like from the software.

Cons

I don’t like the spam messages I get. Gmail sometimes think my important emails are spam because they don’t look appropriate. It sometimes keeps me from seeing the important mail from the non important mail. I don’t like when my Google drive space is almost used up and I’m given another message to upgrade my storage.

Wilfried K.

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

Gmail Review

It is rather simple, the fact that I have been using it for over 7 years now is one of the evidences that it does quite well his job. So, a part from the little cons I mentioned, it is a great application.

Pros

The Gmail software is a straightforward application for sending and receiving mails, communicate with other people with an interface that is very much simple. It's also one of the most used applications all over the world. In fact, for business matters or to send a message to a higher company or administration, you might want to use Gmail to text. So, it comes into the line of one of the most important and indispensable mean to professional exchanges. What I would call the "Gmail dashboard" with the three options which are : Primary, Social and Promotions are well set for a better detachment of the e-mails we received.

Cons

Like all other software products, there are certain things to improve about Gmail for a better use. First point, let the user organise his mails so he can decide what kind of email is important to him and set it in the important folder.
Second point, when using Gmail online with the computer, whenever I read a message, it is not marked as "already read". I mean when you haven't read the message yet, it is in bold and after reading it, it should no longer be in bold so you can recognise you have already read such a mail, but it's not the case and it's very difficult to get over it.
Last and final point, a part from the "meet" service, it would be better to have the possibility to have voice or video calls with our exchange partners.

Quinton S.

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

Wont fail with GMAIL

I have a had a great experience with Gmail ,I've used it not only for personal user but for college use as well and it has been the easiest way to check my email, that is why it is my default app.

Pros

What I liked most about the software is the ease of use, I've used other email platforms in the past and it seems that this is has been the best experience for me. I like how the software is able to put all my promotional emails in one group instead of having it spread out in my inbox. The color coding of the emails is especially helpful so I can search for what I'm looking for a lot faster. Within an email the reply, forward, print and block email options in one location is perfect. Lastly, the auto typing and autocorrect feature is great! its like the program knows what I'm going to type before i type it, and it adds better choice of grammar.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this app, IF I had to choose one it would the grouping of promotions feature. Yes its awesome that it has this feature, but it would great if it grouped like promotions in order.

Maher H.

Reviewed on 16/05/2020

Easy to use and offers many features

Gmail has been a very positive experience for me. I've been using it for about 10 years and it has just kept improving. Now, it is also adding new features to help people during quarantine such as starting a video meeting with people.

Pros

The best feature that gmail has to offer is definitely categorizing received emails into categories. When you go into settings and enable this feature, it puts emails received into 3 categories; primary, social, and promotions. Because of that function, the inbox is a lot more organized and allows the more important emails such as emails received from colleagues or other students to be seen immediately. It also increases the likelihood of them responding since the email was easy to find. Another feature I love is the unsend feature. If i realize that I may have made a mistake after an email was already sent, I can press the unsend button and fix the issue. Even though it's limited to 30 seconds, I've used it countless times.

Cons

The main aspect of gmail that needs improving is its spam recognition. Recently, spam emails have been finding their way into the primary inbox even after the sender has been flagged. Another improvement that gmail needs is increasing the size limit of attachments. Currently, a few photos that are high quality easily reach the attachment limit of 25mb.

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

Great and continuing to add features

Pros

So many of the things that Gmail was first to do are now common in other email apps. But overall, it's nice to use a product that's part of the larger Google platform for easy access to calendars, shared documents, etc. I like that I can use the Gmail application for managing email for my website to keep that domain name in my email address (via G Suite). I like the many ways you can filter messages, setting rules for handling certain messages, etc. There are also many helpful ways to search your inbox and folders. I've also been impressed that they continue to add features, although it's always behind the newer competing email apps. They basically copy the cool features that other apps do, but I'm okay with that.

Cons

I've been using Gmail for a long time, so for several years now I've had to pay for extra space, which I don't like. But I also realize that sounds ridiculous. Maybe I just wish they would give you more space than they currently do. I can't imagine I have much more data than the average person... Here's another con that is probably ridiculous to complain about: they put too many good emails in Spam. I've missed some very important messages because of this. And I'd like to think that once I've "taught" it which emails are not spam, it would learn not to send emails from that sender to my spam, but it continues to send them there. I don't want to have to add the senders to my address book to work around this. Finally, I've almost always used other email apps on my phone because I don't think the Gmail app is anything special.

Arnaldo C.

Reviewed on 27/10/2018

Gmail an app that promises!

Pros

Gmail has been my favorite email app for more than 8 years, I must say it is an incredible application, I use it every day since I constantly receive emails from clients, partners and work, so I need to check my email trays constantly, I must say that it has never hit me or given me problems so the stability of the app is excellent.

In addition to this gmail has a number of add-ons that you can use to benefit, such as google drive, google hangouts and google + it is amazing how you can have everything within a single application and how they complement each other.

Gmail is a very easy application to use since in the main screen you can see all your messages directly, besides this you have a menu in the left part of the screen where you can choose the messages of promotion, social and normal messages, apart you have other options such as sent messages, spam erased among others ...

Another incredible thing about this app is that you can change gmail accounts very quickly and easily since it allows you to log several accounts at the same time and change them with a single click. the app is also very fast, the time that you have to wait for the new and old messages to load is very fast and this is an advantage when you want to respond to messages quickly, besides it has the function of writing several messages at the same time and leaving them as drafts waiting for you to come back and finish them and this is great!

Cons

Well, because not everything is always good, there are few things I do not like about the gmail app and one of them is that when you write a new message and add some files it is a bit difficult to do it from the phone, if you could do it a little simpler would be great, another thing is that when I send a message I do not get the notification of message sent or message waiting to be sent or message sent so I never know if my message has been sent really.

For my part these are the only things that I dislike, everything else I like and I'm happy with the app, I really think it's excellent!

Virginia B.

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Gmail AKA the Ultimate Key to Business Organization

Pros

Gmail’s web-based email and storage service is the ultimate key to business organization. G Suite’s collaborative application suite for business and enterprise users has significantly enhanced our efficiency across our organization, allowing us to store and condense all of our work initiatives in one local area. Whether you use Gmail, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. I would strongly recommend finding the best collaborative suite platform for your company and condense your work files, documents, etc. into one storage area that everyone (with permission) can easily access. Here are some of the main reasons we were swayed into using Gmail within our company.

Pros
Gmail’s free secure webmail platform, offers up to 15 GB of storage for personal use, with the option available to purchase more storage (cloud and Google Drive) on an as needed basis.

Gmail’s platform can be customized to a certain extend but generally keeps things clean and simple. Its search features save you from having to manually scroll and read past emails to locate the one you want; you can also set up personalized keyboard shortcuts to speed up the processes as well.

You can also organize emails via labels, this feature acts much like a file finder, in which you can create categorized folders to nest specific emails under and easily reference them/easy retrieval.

Time is of the essence in the business world, so the option to save emails, pre-written templates, and import contacts directly into the platform is great for accelerating email responses and keeping our clients from losing interest.

The definitive feature of G Suite Office Suite is the set of team collaborative tools available to you for sharing/file storage, creating forms (registration, survey, etc.), Excel, Word documents, and PPT with the option to collaborate in real-time.

G-Suite also includes video and conference calling, in which you can invite anyone to join by setting up a Google calendar invite.

Cons

Gmail’s email tracking is not the most suitable feature for those in marketing and sales, looking to keep track of open rates, link clicks, who clicked on the specific link, etc. But Google is completely transparent about this issue; Gmail’s documentation clearly states tracking may not be accurate, there are various factors you need to be aware of to make sure your actions don’t interfere with the tracking data. However, Gmail does easily support plugins you can add to allow for tracking (we use Lead Liaison).

Sending mass emails with in Gmail is not exactly feasible because of limitations in functionalities for personalizing emails.

Gmail does put ad placements on free on accounts, but they are pertaining to the contexts within your emails (so at least the trade-off is relevancy).

We have experienced glitches and dropped calls on numerous occasions when utilizing Google Hangouts for virtual meetings (because we run monthly webinars we moved to Zoom video Conferencing which you must have a plan to for the webinar add-on). Google Hangout only provides the option to screen share, etc. during virtual meetings from a laptop using a Chrome device, not practical for people on the go.

Ian M.

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

The ultimate in email search and storage

Pros

The best thing about Gmail without a doubt is, unfortunately, the least known. Google is well known as a search engine, but few seem to realise that search technology is applicable to email if they use Gmail. Of particular value is the ability to tailor the search to find just what you're looking for, such as an email from a person with a certain name who sent a picture between date X and date Y.

Additionally are labels. Why file emails in folders - put instead Gmail labels them and multiple labels can be applied, it's like having an email in multiple folders at the same time, this also allows for greater filtering to identifying specific emails.

Finally, there is the email storage. Personally, I delete emails every day unless it's related to work, income, or expenses; the result of this is that my Gmail account that I've had since 2011 has only used 5% of storage, I doubt I'll ever use up all the space as it keeps growing!

Also noteworthy are features such as the ability to marks email as starred and/or as important plus links to quick get to those emails. a recent addition is the ability to snooze or defer emails to a later time more suitable or appropriate for reading the email rather than filling up your inbox.

Finally Gmail, works seemlessly with every third-party email application I've used, all you need is your address and password to connect, jargon such as mailservers and SMTPs are entered automatically behind the scenes, this makes Gmail via third-party apps very user-friendly.

Of course, as it's a Google product, a Gmail account means you also can login to other Google products such as YouTube.

Cons

An unpopular feature is tabs that separate and emails by content into inboxes emails that are promotional, social, updates, and from discussion forums. This can help separate and prioritise email but I don't like it and it can easily be disabled, but it does mean newsletter providers are always asking people to move their emails to the primary inbox.

Another negative - depending on your perspective - is the automated analysis of your Gmail account (not by people leading to Google serving adverts relevant to you. I view this as a positive, but it can sometimes feel like there is no escape from an advert in an email that you showed interest in one time and which consequently shows up on websites you visit, but this is why Gmail is free.

Tahra M.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

Gmail is ALWAYS the way to go!!!

I love it, I rely on it every day, and don't believe I can ever trust a product anymore than I would my Gmail. I'm always protected, is easy to use, And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Pros

I rely on my Gmail account multiple times a day, and I love that for less than $2 a month I can get additional storage, and never have to worry about my inbox being full.

Cons

I can't state anything I dislike with Gmail, It is an excellent product with exceptional value! You cannot beat it!!

iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Because Gmail seemed to be the best brand, and I was definitely satisfied and glad to make the switch! Even 12 years later.

Samitha M.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

Gmail - "I'm not moving to any other email product"

Gmail has offered me countless benefits.My overall experience is great on this application.It is effective, save time.and it gives you satisfaction.

Pros

Without gmail my all day-to-day work will fail.Gmail has been my favorite email app for more than 7 years. I have to use it every day. Actually, it was indeed an amazing discovery.Gmail is very easy application to use.I have to check my trays at least 15 times a day, so I should declare that gmail never given me a problem.Also gmail provides google handouts, the world most secure chat and video call application. In main screen of gmail you can see all your mails directly. The gmail application is well organized .In the left side it shows you the menu and other functions clearly. Also you can clearly see the messages from promotion and social. My essential thing in gmail is that can change gmail accounts easily and quickly. It allows you to to log several accounts at the same time and change them with a single click. It offers 15GB of storage for personal use. As a researcher the storage capacity is very important to store field data received by other field workers in daily. Another important item is able to organize emails through labels. It helps most of them to find files. In business field time is very important factor. So, gmail provides some of icons like "Thank You".....like that are very useful. Gmail is invaluable application to me.

Cons

It is hard to find cons regarding gmail. It always updating and improving.

Shari G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Best Email Software Ever Created

Will be using this software for the rest of my personal and professional life.

Pros

This app is the fastest email delivery app I have ever experienced. It has a grammar and spellcheck and also has predictive text so you can write simple emails and sound really professional. It gives you a quick moment to unsend an email before it is fully sent if there was an issue and it is void of blocking ads. Sending attachments is a breeze and having an email thread is extremely easy to follow with this software. Additionally, having a Gmail account is like having a VIP pass on thousands of websites!

Cons

The only thing I have an issue with is the promotions label, the software does not restrict vendors who can advertise to me based on location. The advertisements come in handy many times so I mostly enjoy this feature but sometimes there are offers for things that are not available in my location and it can be quite disappointing at times not being able to take advantage of them.

Mimi M.

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Easy, UX-forward, unclunky email organizer

Very easy and intuitive to use, very organized (and allows for a lot of customization), quick chat functions are great. Overall an essential communication tool.

Pros

I have been using Gmail for years. It's by far my favorite; the storage is great (I do pay for more), the way you can organize by folders and subfolders is handy, and the way that Gmail also pre-sorts mail (Promotions, Social, Primary) is very helpful. I also love the unsubscribe button; though it doesn't always work, when it does - it is super handy and quick, ridding users of spam and deleting them off lists. Gchat is also a wonderful function. I use it on my phone and on desktop.

Cons

I don't like that you can't add more than one photo without linking people out of Gmail. There's not much that I DON'T like about Gmail, to be honest.

Ridwan A.

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

The cleanest inbox you can find

Gmail is straight forward but from last decade. Lots of emails are integrating a lot of services. Like I can directly set a meeting from an email. I know you read my emails. So be smart about it and help me solve the problem or set the task mentioned in my email.

Pros

The best thing about Gmail is it made reading and managing email like a breeze. All the emails are neatly arranged for which email is sent by whom.

Cons

Most email provider launched a focus mode. Which prioritized emails based on my interaction with sender. Gmail still doesn't have it. This feels irritating. I want to see emails containing newsletters on holiday not everyday. Moreover, autocomplete feature is nice but not nearly there. I don't want what western people prefers to write in a specific situation, I want to see what I usually write in a specific situation. Suggest those as well, I don't live in USA.

Ellen B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Everyone should have at least one Gmail account

Gmail is so universally used, and it is so convenient. When I was a student, I was given a gmail account. When I started out in my current workplace, I was given a gmail account. With each of these accounts, I can organize my work with all of Google's different products, and they are all easily compatible with my email. Gmail is definitely my favorite email service I have used before.

Pros

Gmail has a great email interface. It also integrates extremely well with other Google apps, such as Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Photos, Google Docs, etc. For example if I am sending photo attachments that are too large, Gmail automatically switches them to a Google Drive link that is shared with the email recipient. Google products have many features like this that make my work more simple and stream-lined.

Cons

I wish the organization options for email folders were a bit easier to use. It always takes me a minute to remember how to make a new email category, and it's a little bit clunky dragging the category folders around in the leftside menu. I also wish there was a faster way to select many emails at once. It seems to me that I always need to check each individual email when I want to drag lots into one category folder.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

Best mailing app

The gmail app has been very dependable in receiving timely mails and processing. I have been using this application go over 6 years and i don't plan changing this app anytime soon.

Pros

This is one of the most reliable application I have ever used even though its free. I love its capacity to synchronize my account in all my devices and even possesses enough space for me to save my files and documents. It has been a very dependable mailing app in spam protection and and very easy to use,especially while attaching documents to mail. It is so far my best mailing application. I also loved the fact that i can make use of multiple gmail accounts on one single application.

Cons

I don't really think there is any problem with the gmail app. I have been using the app for more than 6 years and it hasn't failed me for once . Then updates and timely and the spam protection is superb. Although the span protection I overzealous at times as it has a very strong filter.

Ajay P.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Gmail for work

Gmail was VERY easy to implement, has a reasonable cost, and works very reliably.

I speak for many of my fellow admins and users: Adding more enterprise-class features and UI will make it much more popular in the Enterprise space.

Pros

It's super fast with a ton of storage.
Great uptime and fairly low latency on a web client compared to other such products.
Some of the features like auto-complete, etc., are quite good.
Search within Mail is very fast and accurate.

Cons

I will do my best to keep this list short.

The biggest issue with Gmail is the lack of enterprise-class features and UI. A lot of times it feels like certain features are being pushed down hard. I see users requesting or complaining about the same things for almost 15 years. For example, not being able to sort by subject. For example, a bunched-up conversation view that makes digging through long threads super painful.

Nawal N.

Reviewed on 10/04/2021

Gmail is essential.

I like gmail, I use it all the time and will always recommend it.

Pros

I like the professional look of Gmail. I like the integrated features that it has. I love the fact that I can organize my email in folders, that I can link my appointments to the Calendar, to my To Do list. The fact that you can access all the applications of G-Suite from your email. I used yahoo before this, and hotmail but I will not go back to them. I feel those two apps do not have the professional aspect of Gmail.

Cons

What I least like about gmail is the space limit. I use google photos and that space will eat most of my gmail storage. As a faithful user of gmail I wish I had an option to have more space. I checked lately, and there is not an option for a lifetime storage. You can only pay monthly or for a year or so but not for more. Which forces me to use other apps like Mega... but that does not work either... so I need to resort to a physical drive and this is not always reliable.

Another minus, is that one person with an email will receive emails meant to be sent to another user. To be specific, if a user's email is [email protected] and another user's email is [email protected], then the first user will receive all emails sent to the second. I worry because some emails contain confidential or legal information and a complete stranger get access to it because of this problem. Gmail need to fix this!