About Gmail

Gmail is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses streamline communication across the organization via emails. It enables professionals to sort inbox messages into various categories and place emails into new tabs using a...

4.8
4.7
4.8

Browse Gmail Reviews

10,941 of 10,931 reviews
Festus

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

Best Email Provider Service Goes To Gmail

With Gmail, I and my team receives messages faster and even star the messages so we can quickly find them whenever we need them.

Pros

1. its free to create and use2. messages drops faster3. the spam filter is amazing4. messages are segmented based on their priority5. it has a relatively large storage6. able to star messages7. able to login to other email providers like yahoo mail, webmails, outlook and so on.

Cons

the storage is limited sometimes it automatically deletes messages after sometime

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

1. it takes a relatively longer time for messages to drop on my inbox2. spam filter is not really effective

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

1. Easy to create, manage and use2. messages delivers faster3. easy user interface4. irrelevant and phishing looking messages are blocked5. quick email alerts and notifications

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

The best email service and email provider out there.

I would choose Gmail over any other email provider because it can be secured with Two-factor authentication. I get my email notifications and reminders on time. Gmail is also linked with multiple apps so I can use various google services and other software without much hassle.

Pros

The main feature I like about Gmail it is a Single Sign On service that makes it easy to use all the other services in the Google Ecosystem without creating new accounts for each application or service. It is also free of cost to set up but you can pay to have more features like email management and professional email.

Cons

The thing I liked least about this software is that important emails are often categorized as spam and I have a hard time finding them. The other thing I do not like the most is when you have a lot of unread emails it is really tedious to clear them one page at a time. Sometimes sending files with code may be an issue too just because they just have some code in the file, Gmail flags it as a virus.

ShaQuila
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Gmail Is The Best For Email!

Gmail is my personal secretary, calender, reminder, and organizer. Trust me, it is a big big deal!!!

Pros

Features that are most impactful is being able to keep personal accounts separate from business. My life would be so disorganized and I would have a desk full of snail mail if it wasn't for Gmail.

Cons

I am still getting acquainted with Zoom, so right now it is the thing I like the least, but I'm sure once I get used to it, I will love it as well.

Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Introduction of android phone caused me to switch back in 2007, and I liked Gmail better than yahoo mail, so I disregarded the Yahoo account and decided to keep Gmail.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

In my opinion Gmail is the best of them all.

Top Gmail Alternatives

Kyle

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Best User Experience - Works best with email marketing tools (better than outlook)

I absolutely love Gmail and it's integration with Google Workspace!

Pros

I have always found the UI/UX of Gmail far superior than Outlook's desktop/online/mobile apps. More importantly, especially for my business, it's critical that my email marketing software easily and tightly integrates with Gmail without friction. Outlook fails in this regard.

Cons

I would like a tiled or envelope shaped inbox experience, but the rows are good enough.

Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Cost and low user satisfaction

Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

We considered sticking with Outlook, but the integration with the richer suite of Google apps is why we switched to Google.
Amit

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

Gmail is Amazing

Overall I am very satisfied and I would recommend everyone to have a Gmail Account. In-expensive for business accounts and provides much more than you think

Pros

G-mail is a user friendly, easy to operate, Almost everyone who has a email account also have a Gmail account, its features and functions are just amazing , you can do much more with Gmail.

Cons

Some important mails are directly send to spam folder so every time I have to check spam folder, secondly there is no customer support if you get hang up you have to work on your own there is no help

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Yahoo Servers were getting stuck again and again, I like to the feature to stop mails which are send by mistake in Gmail.

Binny
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 11/09/2022

Best and easiest application for inbox and emails!

I am using my Gmail inbox (personal) since 11 year, on daily basis, which itself shows how much I know the depth of product, I have also used SMTP to connect it to my websites. In fact my institute also has Google Workspace, which allows me to use the custom domain email ID on Gmail itself. You will no find any other product as friendly as this. I use Zoho, Outlook, Yandex and many more, but Gmail is literally the best.

Pros

I love Gmail for various reasons, the most adequate reason is, it is age-friendly, Its usage is open for all age, let it be grandparents or early adults. Next one is the single sign on that your get with google across all websites using chrome browser. It saves hell a lot of time and efforts to remember the passwords.
I don't remember when was the last time that I made a account manually via email and password, because Gmail is only managing it for me. Thought this Gmail is just a email client brought to us by google and gmail id has a different context, but the after all having a gmail Id itself opens a lot of other possibilities.

Cons

Apart from all the pros and ease, I have a few cons to discuss, Gmail needs to have email scheduling and auto-responders in it. Or else everything is sure fine. I love the way they are continuously engaging the GMeet with Gmail to assimilate the video conferencing in a easy way. Hopefully we would be able to see heir chat, email, call and video call on the same platform soon.

Microsoft Outlook and Zoho Mail
Dayna

Reviewed on 14/09/2022

Gmail does more than you think!

My overall experience with Gmail is very enjoyable. I really do not have tons of complaints, especially since it's free lol.

Pros

What I like most about Gmail is the popularity, price, and ease of use. Everyone who has an email address almost always has a Gmail account. Gmail's user demand and features are extremely helpful with online communication efforts

Cons

The only thing I do not like about Gmail is the small storage space and the size limit on outgoing messages. This is a headache if you need to send large files regularly.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

I made the switch from AOL to Gmail because AOL was dated. Once dial-up became a thing of the past, Corporate America changed with it. No one was using AOL for business any longer. Therefore, I needed to find a sufficient replacement. Over the years, Gmail has created many new features and applications that make it easy to stick with Gmail.

AOL Mail

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I chose Gmail over Yahoo Mail because Gmail offers more features.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

One Feature Makes Gmail Essential as a Small/Startup Business

Overall, Gmail has accomplished everything I would expect an email program to do. The automated alerts about potentially-missed emails is what I think makes it the best option, and it's the reason I would recommend Gmail to other small/startup businesses to manage their email. It might not seem like a required feature at first, but as more and more emails come in, the prompt about having possibly failed to respond to one is essential.

Pros

Gmail is much like any other email program available. It allows free accounts, so the cost makes it a great option. If you want to spend a few bucks each month, you get email management that is tied to your own domain. This was great for me as I started my own law practice because it provided a professional email without having a website/hosting setup yet.

The one feature that would make me recommend Gmail over other programs is the automated notifications that inform me about emails I may need to respond to. Gmail is the first that I have seen to implement something like this, or at least to implement it in a way that didn't require me to set anything up. I read an email. I either don't respond or begin drafting a response that I don't send. Two days later, Gmail is asking me whether I intend to respond to that email. The best part is that this doesn't happen with the marketing/update emails that I've signed up to receive, like notification emails and such. Gmail seems to be able to distinguish, maybe based on the content/subject of the email-- I don't know? But it works great, and because it's been so helpful to avoid missing an email, I now prefer Gmail to other email providers.

Cons

I think the contact management can be improved. The only other problem I've had with Gmail has been with sorting incoming messages. I may have become too used to desktop applications that I would create "rules" in to instruct the program what to do with emails having a particular word in the subject or from a particular sender. I tried to organize my inbox a bit better in Gmail, and either I couldn't figure out how to make it do what I wanted, or it isn't possible. I'm not sure which it is. In any case, it was taking too much time, and it was easier to just "select all" and "mark as read."

HostGator

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I chose Gmail over HostGator's web-based email because it seemed more difficult to setup email accounts through HostGator. Although the cost is definitely better for professional emails using my domain name with HostGator, email is just too critical and I use it too often to not have it integrated with everything else. That integration, with the ease of setup, was why I chose Gmail over HostGator.
Miguel
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Effective But Not Perfect

Pros

Gmail has a clean look to it, it is easy enough to read messages and the options (e.g., sending messages at a specific time, snoozing e-mails) are helpful. The integration with calendar and the cloud works well, better than some of the competitors that I've used in the past.

Cons

There are three things that I struggle with the most using Gmail (note that I am historically a Microsoft Outlook user):
1. I do not think that the "Archive" folder is intuitive and I struggle to find my e-mails when I archive them which has led me to stop using the feature, which is a problem given I like to keep my inbox organized
2. I appreciate the integration with calendar and I have used it often but have often come across issues where I am trying to share a calendar with collaborations from other locations and it will not allow me to share the calendar.
3. When I reply to an e-mail, instead of my reply being on top, it is at the very bottom, to me this is the opposite of what I would expect and often have trouble finding my draft after I scrolled up to review the respondent's email.

Jeanette

Reviewed on 04/09/2022

Gmail Great For Personal And Business Use!

Gmail is user-friendly. I love that it offers a free personal account as well as an inexpensive paid account for business. Gmail is the perfect solution for me to stay in touch with both personal and business contacts.

Pros

I love Gmail because the free personal email separates emails into Inbox, Social, and Promotions categories which allows me to focus on the more important email in my inbox first without getting distracted. The paid version of Gmail for my business allows me to offer a HIPAA compliant email to my clients with security features for client privacy. In both personal and business emails I can create Folders for greater organization and the search feature allows me to find information or contacts quickly.

Cons

For the personal Gmail account, sometimes email falls into my Promotions folder instead of my Inbox so I miss time sensitive email.

Zoe

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Review of Gmail

Overall, I love google and gmail. I enjoy using this software over Outlook, and have used this software successfully for many years now.

Pros

I like that the software is user friendly, and easy to navigate. It feels very familiar even with the periodic updates.

Cons

Sometimes, the system is confusing when accessing the settings. It can be simplified for easier navigation.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Easier for clients, office staff, and overall understanding of the system is easier to train new employees on.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Outlook can be overcomplicated and hard to navigate if you have never used the system before. Almost everyone at some point in time has used gmail in their personal lives.
Vijay
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Amazing Software for Emails

Overall, i like it very much. It's amazing and easy to use.

Pros

I'm working on Gmail for more then two years. I find this application most useful, easy to use, deligent and interesting. It covers email marketing, email management and mail delivery at small as well as large scale. You can send a mail to three different person at a same time. And you can also send more then three persons also. Overall, i have a very good experience on Gmail.

Cons

There's a problem that it's doesn't send a mail containing more than 25 mb data. Secondly, it's features doesn't works properly on mobile devices.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

I switched from Yahoo mail to Gmail because i didn't find yahoo most proper for my routine work. Buy now i can say that Gmail is better than yahoo.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I choose Gmail because it's totally free and easy to use. It's good for B2B leads and fir regular company mails to employees.
Andrea

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Gmaill is definitely the best email services

Overall I like Gmail and I would not switch to another provider

super modern
Love google meets
Email filters and customizations are really nice
mobile app
easy to use
connection with other google tools such as sheets, docs, etc

Cons

Prices
It is a shame that Gmail has changed the pricing structure and suddenly extra storage space cannot be purchased per user anymore but we would have to update it for everybody in the company which would increase the pricing drastically although we are already on a paid plan..

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Easier to use more modern

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

More modern Connection to google docs, sheets etc Easier to use great customization constant improvements are being made
Jonathan
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Reviewed on 29/08/2022

So much to unpack with GMail.

There's not much to say. GMail is probably THE single MOST prolific application in use across the interwebs today. I have personal gmails, work gmails, school gmails... and some of those schools and companies use gmail as their client server. It is THAT prolific. If you are reading this, I can only assume you have a gmail already (or are very very new to this whole "world wide web" thing.

There are some downsides to deal with. Since Google went to the three box (Primary, Promotions, Social) set up, I miss some things that I want to see. I get why they did it... but it means that i now have to deal with three boxes, and the concept of dumping the entirety of promotions or social risks losing some of those things. Users still have to look at every email. I've also had some bizarre "bleed over" from a school account, where I teach, appearing in my business email on my laptop at home. There is supposed to be some sort of firewall between them and it did not hold up. I worry that my work emails would end up on a school server as I do some sensitive work.

Otherwise, GMail is a very useful tool that appears on everyone's desktop for the whopping price of zero dollars. Hard to top that in the age of "desktop as a service".

Pros

Everyone has it... so collaboration and integration make it a huge "onramp" to the web.
Quick and easy to use.
Huge amount of storage space for saved emails from the past.
Folder organization customization.
It's free!

Cons

Not a fan of the way Google sorts "Primary", "Promotional", and "Social".
Spam filter can be difficult to teach and you lose valuable emails to its clutches frequently.
Google auto reads email to sort it... but if you're a privacy advocate, you probably aren't a Googler.

• Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Better than most, Worse than some.

Overall experience, aside from the annoyances previously listed about IMAP slowness, has been good. I will hand it to them, their uptime is exceptional. In my ten years of daily business use, I can count on one hand the number of times gmail / Google for Business has had email outages. It is extremely stable.

Pros

I came from an Exchange server to Gmail when forced upon me by a new company. At first I wasn't a fan, and after a decade I find it still has its shortcomings, but overall it's still the best service I've used. The spam filters are second to none which is the #1 reason I rate this far and above other email providers.

Cons

Surprisingly, Gmail doesn't scale very well. Gmail's "labels" paradigm is similar but different than the folders you'd find in an exchange server, or even a generic IMAP server. Still, they've done an OK job mimicking the IMAP folder setup, although their implementation is woefully slow when using a desktop or mobile client. The native web client, while clunky, is by far the fastest and most efficient way to access a massive mailbox of hundreds of thousands of messages and thousands of labels. My #1 complaint about gmail (for Business) is that it's simply too slow once your mailbox gets too big if you depend on a desktop mail client as I do.

Gregor

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Gmail is, in my opinion, definitely the best option for a corporate email system

Many things - emails across teams and partners, including document-sharing and creating a record of interactions. More importantly for me is using Gmail to manage my logins to other apps/websites and also to manage my calendar, including organising meetings and responding to invitations from others. It works so well honestly.

Pros

It's so well-integrated into other Google products, it's great that it's set up to alert me when someone comments on a google sheet, slide or doc that I have sent them. It's really well-integrated with Jira, also notifying me of changes. I like that we can use Gmail at my work without it including Gmail in the address - and that I can so easily use it in tandem with Okta to manage my logins. It's easy to search for historical emails, easy to control spam/promotions etc. and easy to tag colleagues in emails. I like being able to clearly see my calendar within Gmail and how easy it is to create new events and to invite colleagues. It's also easy to deal with event invitations from other colleagues and to add them to my calendar. I like how easy it is to store multiple accounts on one device. It's also great that it's easy to unsubscribe from undesired emails. I personally find it so much easier to use than Outlook.

Cons

Tiny things: when I report something as spam, it doesn't always mean that every email from that address in future automatically goes to spam as well. The thing I definitely find most annoying is that emails disappear from the main page once a certain number (500?) are in my inbox. If I am away from work for a few days, this makes it really difficult to locate emails that I may have been sent during that time as they seem to have disappeared (I know I could find them by searching, but this is not always possible).

Oussama
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

Email me by Gmail !

I use Gmail a lot in my correspondence with my professors, as a researcher in international business, I prefer to use Gmail over my practical email for my university because it makes it very easy for me to organize my mail and prevent spam messages, and most importantly, I can transfer my files smoothly because most of them have a very large capacity, so I use Google Drive-In that and this is not available in my university email
Gmail allowed me to create a professional signature bearing my photo and my university logo and know myself very well to compensate for that.

Pros

Gmail works very efficiently, whether on the phone or computer
The user interface is organized and uncluttered and allows focus
The notifications are very convenient as well as the options available allow the application to be adapted according to the user's preferences and this creates a lot of flexibility
The ability to add digital signatures and logos works very smoothly and allows adding very difficult designs, which is not available in other types of applications and this creates a real sense of belonging for the user because he can form the image he desires about his person or business
Integration with Google Drive is great and allows you to share large files smoothly

Cons

So far, I don't see any flaws in using it
But with the continuous digital developments, I would advise the Gmail team to invest in the field of voice-to-speech for users who do not prefer typing much. It will be a very powerful feature.
I can also recommend the development of the suggestion system so that it suggests suitable writing templates for use according to the specialty that the user needs

Raj
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

A most versatile email communication tool that is free to use

Overall, Gmail has almost every feature to offer better communication to a large range of users. It is so efficient that it has become synonymous with the service it offers e.g. Xerox stands for photocopy and Gmail stands for email.

Pros

1. Gmail helps you organize your email in folders and labels. You can even mark stars to quickly retrieve important messages whenever you need them.
2. The search feature is most useful where you can use the different combinations to reach your desired messages.
3. Gmail is almost spam-free as it helps you report spam and unsubscribe unwanted push mails.
4. Snooze and task features are the best for time management, especially when you get too many emails where some action is required to be taken.
5. It is well-integrated with other Google tools like chat, tasks, calendar, and contacts to help you get maximum mileage from your communications.
6. The settings are quite detailed and help you finetune the tool to your needs.
7. Categorisation options like ‘Unread first’ and ‘priority inbox’ make life easier for busy people.
8. Gmail is also available for business users with enterprise-friendly features for fast communication intra-organization also.
9. Trash keeps your deleted emails for 30 days.
10. You can sign in with multiple mail IDs on multiple devices and keep your work and personal life separate.

Cons

1. The spam feature is not foolproof. Some important messages creep into your inbox and it may become chaotic to deal with too many unwanted messages.
2. Word editing options on the compose page are limited.
3. You need to go to the sent folder to check if the mail was successfully delivered or not. Gmail may introduce the blue tick feature to check if the mail was delivered and read.
4. Large files may quickly fill up your free storage space.
5. There is scope for improvement in the interface to keep people more organized.

Bethany
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

I always come back to Gmail

Pros

I've tried quite a few different email clients, both for personal and for business purposes, but nothing competes with Gmail in my eyes. To me, the biggest benefits are the ease of creating and using multiple accounts, the better-than-average search feature, and the powerful filtering feature. These three aspects are key to keeping me organized—I can separate personal, professional, and spam content, quickly navigate past emails to find key terms from past messages, and set up automatic features that keep my inbox clean while still enabling me to save all the emails I'm interested in receiving.
I'm also really loving Gmail's integration with my Calendar(?), which pulls important deadline dates from my emails and gives me push notifications to remind me to take action!

Cons

Over the past few years, I've only had two major concerns about Gmail!

First, I don't find the Social and Promotions inboxes to be well-designed enough to be worth using. The delineations tend to feel arbitrary, and I don't personally find it to be a time-saver. I would personally prefer inbox options that made it easier to pull out emails TRULY sent directly to me (not sent to an email list or even BCC recipients) and perhaps an inbox that pulled out emails mentioning dates/timelines/expiration dates so that I could prioritize those.

Second, I find the Auto-Responder system frustratingly basic. Right now, it suffices to set out of office alerts for vacations, but it's a bit "all or nothing"—on or off, directed to everyone or not. I would like to see two options: (1) the ability to set recurring Auto-Responders to reflect recurring time off or similar and (2) the ability to set Auto-Responders to reply only to those with whom a user has NOT previously corresponded. Right now, the system allows users to set responses to Contacts Only, but adding every person with whom one corresponds to one's contacts is incredibly time-consuming. Being able to do so in bulk or use another workaround would be incredibly helpful!

Ernesto
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 11/05/2022

GMail - No other email can compare

I have been using Gmail since beta testing it before it became live for all to use and I have not gone back. I do have several other emails on other apps like Outlook and Yahoo, but I never use them and keep coming back to my Gmail and its clean integration into all my other Google services.

Pros

The functionality of Gmail is not only robust, but it is simple to master and will soon have you integrating with your calendar and with the many other add-ons you can attach.

Cons

The only improvement I would make is to flip the current/response message to the top of emails as it currently shows below

Microsoft Outlook and Yahoo Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

I was a happy to be a beta tester for Gmail before it launched and have been using it ever since. The clean integration into my Google Account, Android phone and Chrome book make it integral to my personal and professional digital lives.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Its the best, it integrates fully into the rest of my services and I cannot say how much I refuse to budge in moving onto any other email service.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

Best email service without downloading an email client

Excellent. I've been going Gmail strong for over 15 years now.

Pros

Gmail's search function is what keeps me coming back. Outlook's search function is terrible. I love that I can also have multiple Gmail email addresses and have the email forwarded from them to the main one I use. This is helpful when subcontracting and I get assigned a company email. I have a subcontractor Outlook account that is a pain to use. I also use the labels and email filters which are super helpful. I can't stand that Outlook puts emails in a different subfolder b/c I forget to check it and miss emails. But Gmail keeps it in the inbox and applies the label to it. Gmail also has a free scheduling tool called Koalendar that is just like Calendly but better.

Cons

I don't like the ads for personal gmail or the privacy concerns. For business gmail, I don't have any ads and that's helpful. It doesn't integrate with Google meeting as well as I'd like (and Google Meeting isn't that great). I no longer use the chat function, but I used to about 10 years ago.

Thunderbird

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Yahoo Mail had too many ads

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I like the web-based email better than a desktop client
Caren

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

The best email management system with the highest level of privacy and security

For example, Gmail enabled me to archive and save emails and attachments on a cloud storage service so that I could access them at any time, allowing me to have greater flexibility and privacy while surfing or sending emails. I was able to sign up for and use a slew of websites and applications thanks to it, and the process was seamless and simple.

Pros

I love Gmail's user interface, how it can be customized so that incoming email is automatically sorted by content, so you can easily read it and find the most important ones. I also like the feature of blocking unwanted messages and saving them in a separate file. I also like the security standards that it has so that it alerts you when you click on any link that may have an unreliable source. I love how you can archive and save messages and also how easy it is to search and find them. I also like how to format the content of outgoing messages, in terms of changing the font size and color, as well as adding images and attachments, and also adding contacts. I also like how the mobile app syncs with the desktop so that you find the same content in both cases, and the mobile app is very similar to the desktop app as it gives you enough flexibility to read and send messages. I also like that Gmail is a reference for all Google applications that can be used by logging in with it.

Cons

I don't think there are things that I don't like about Gmail, as it is very ideal, as the user can within a minute create his own Gmail for free, and has many features to manage emails and contacts and also save attachments with ease.

Ashikuzz

Reviewed on 12/03/2022

Perfect for email management.

As for email marketing, we use it with Google Workspace. The syncing on different devices work perfectly. We are amazed at the fact that email management can be handled automatically which reduces the workload from the coworkers.

Pros

Our company has been using Gmail services with Google Workspace. As it comes in combo, this is a great price saver. The free version also offers enough storage for email handling. The search features are excellent. All inboxes can be seen together which keeps the clock on time making it easy to see the load of emails in a day. Personally I found the mobile application more convenient.

Cons

Well, the price standing alone would not be ideal for all. IMAP doesn’t integrate well. The notification takes time to be on screen. File attachment limit in single email doesn’t meet the demand.

Atomic Email Studio

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Zoho mail interface didn’t look well. Also, the price seems high in comparison to features and functionality.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Google services have better reputation.
Cushi
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Do people actually use other email clients? Gmail is EXCELLENT!

Gmail allows me to send, receive and manage email in an effective and straightforward way. Because it is integrated into an ecosystem of Google apps that I heavily rely on, it provides even more value to me. These integrations help me to manage my calendar, work on/manage collaborative projects, manage documents, access cloud based file storage and much more. Gmail also integrates into my Google Pixel Phone/Android OS to highlight important info from my emails (such as appointments and important deadlines) without me ever opening that particular email. Overall, I think this is a great email management solution.

Pros

The thing I like most about Gmail is its reliability. No matter what, I know that I can open my browser right now, navigate to Gmail and it will open seamlessly and flawlessly while keeping my information safe and keeping my inbox organized and Spam free. I love that my inbox is now segmentes into a general inbox, a social inbox and a promotions inbox which I use for my newsletters. This makes the process of sorting through emails much easier and more streamlined. I also enjoy the layout of the inbox and the simplicity of its design. It makes for a comfortable user friendly experience. I also love that Gmail is part of a vast ecosystem of extremely useful and powerful Google web based apps. I can send a document through Gmail straight from Google Docs. I can search Google Drive from the dashboard of the email I'm composing. I can send event invitations without ever leaving google calendar and so much more.

Cons

To my knowledge, Gmail does not have any readily available tips & tricks or integrations to help users to better manage the insane amounts of email we receive each day. The segmented inbox is great, but a system that users can tap into would be even better.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

At the time, I was looking for a more professional sounding email address than "@hotmail.com." Gmail was the new kid on the block and seemed to be the most cutting edge option. I tried it and haven't looked back since. over the years, it's only gotten better.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I preferred the ease of use, the look and feel, the color scheme and the domain of gmail over Outlook and Yahoo Mail.
Edgar

Reviewed on 24/01/2022

The email tool you use everywhere

As an email tool it seems to me an excellent option, even more so when you can create business email environments, but I must confess that the integration to which the same tool FORCES you when using a mobile device has not been very friendly from my point of view. (Having your contacts associated with your email account, almost mandatory association; the fact that you can no longer save your phone contacts on the same phone device and everything has to be associated with your email account). But in the end, today, it is still the most used email tool because every android device requires you to have a gmail account.

Pros

Currently Gmail is an email tool used by millions of users that has entered the world of PCs and mobile devices, this has somehow made it possible to facilitate the set up configuration between all the devices that the same user uses, which has its advantage for the short time used to use a new device ready to be used.

Cons

Although it is a stable tool, generally access to emails is done using a browser or an application on a mobile device or a third-party tool that allows POP3 configuration. When one uses the browser or the Gmail application, the reading or selection of the messages is a list of easy understanding and access, however, when you reply to a message or forward to other users, the history of the messages remains in the first message that was received or generated. This, from my point of view as a user, is confusing and unfriendly, because in order to see the history you have to look for the first message, enter its content, look for the history of responses. In other applications, even in Gmail first versions, the messages appeared according to the date when they are received or sent and the story was always attached and one simply had to scroll the screen to read it, they did not have to search for a specific email on a specific date.