Gmail Reviews

About Gmail

Gmail is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses streamline communication across the organization via emails. It enables professionals to sort inbox messages into various categories and place emails into new tabs using a...

4.7

Browse Gmail Reviews

12,298 of 12,298 reviews
Maisarah
Maisarah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

Nothing better than Gmail

Gmail is the best email service that anyone can have. All the associate service and integration that can be done with Gmail like Google Docs or Google Meet has help me to have more power and control to help managing my daily task better.

Pros

No email hosting software has do the job that Gmail has done. Managing email, auto sign-up for website, access to Google Suite and many more can be done with Gmail account. Gmail also can be upgraded to business account, which i can have my own domain email and using Gmail email hosting service to managing all the incoming email.

Cons

Getting a customer support service from Google is not as easy as it should be. I need to email them and wait for several days for them to finally response to my email, and no option to connect to the support service by phone for my country.

Reviewed on 11/05/2024

My review on Gmail is it Right for you or your business.

To me Gmail it is the perfect email client for one reason that it is clean in design uncluttered and simple and yet powerful in functionality. The plus side is its design features using transparency and wallpaper backgrounds gives it that sense of a modern feel. Gmail also provides plenty of space so that I will not worry about space issues.

Pros

Its a clean and uncluttered platform.
The user interface feels simplistic in design and not complicated.
Background wallper design in changing them its a plus and a bonus to have.
Easy navigational search bar allowing you to also find emails that you can delete with just searching and adding a keyword.

Cons

There is no desktop version of Gmail as a stand alone.
Minimised choice of fonts when creating and email.
Email signature its different bewteen the desktop and the mobile version when using Gmail.
The settings Gear has a host of features to choose and change in Gmail.

Kateryna
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Good and easy to use

Good for team work and I really like to work in google workspace

Pros

Easy to use for everyone. Good to team work

Cons

None. Gmail is good mail service for me.

Top Gmail Alternatives

Microsoft Azure

Comcast Business VoiceEdge

Microsoft Project

Maritza

Reviewed on 26/01/2024

Perfect for small business

We could see a reduction in the amount of email spam we received. You can use a lot of services with your Gmail account. It is easy to set up on computers and mobile devices.

Pros

Easy to use, accessible, and easy to administrate (many users). Space and functions are perfect for small and medium businesses.

Cons

For users, it is hard to change from Outlook to Gmail interface.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

The amount of spam was huge. You need knowledge about Cpanel to administrate the accounts. You need more time to monitor the service, you need to configure manually the settings in most of the email software.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

We previously used Microsoft 365 but the UX is not as friendly as Google, and also there are more services, platforms, and apps that allow use your Gmail account for sign-in
Alexis

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Gmail is Good to Go!

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate Gmail. Reading emails and responding is very easy. I like the added chat feature that Gmail includes. I have used Gmail daily at my school and it is very easy to chat with my colleagues by email or chat.

Cons

One thing that I don't like about Gmail is that, when I get an email notification, I do not have the option to hold and delete. Outlook allows this and it's really nice because I can delete the email off of the notification and I don't have to go all the way into my inbox to delete it. Also, there are multiple different locations for emails. Sometimes it is hard to find something if it doesn't end up in the primary box.

• Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 16/04/2024

Gmail Unwrapped: A Comprehensive Analysis

Pros

Gmail has a pleasant, user-friendly layout. I adore how Gmail is connected with so many other platforms; for example, you can use your Gmail account to log into apps and other websites.
It keeps your mail organized and is simple to use. It is quite easy to use with its categories.

Cons

I find it annoying because it's difficult to locate my spam folder and that so many emeralds wind up there.
It can be a bit painful to log in and out. Depending, I believe, on the speed of your connection, certain delays may be excruciating.

Jasmine
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

The best Gmail.

I have had gmail for 10 plus years i dont have other emails so i am greatful for gmail. I havent got locked out ever.

Pros

What i love most about the Gmail is that i can literslly check my gmail anywhere i go. I can also set up on different devices Long as i have my 2 step method verification on. I Feel very safe a secure using gmail.

Cons

If you don't have the 2 step verification on you cant get into your google account.

Zsolt
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/04/2024

Best email tool for small businesses

Pros

Easy to setup and it can be used with a custom domain. Google software integration for better work experience.

Cons

The SPAM filter is too weak. I receive too many junk emails in my inbox (even after I report as a spam)

Shana

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Gmail is pure greatness!

Pros

I love that Gmail is very user friendly and straightforward. It has a large amount of storage and the protection against spam is next to none.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that I dislike about this program.

Morgan
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

Perfect Platform

Pros

I have been using Gmail since I got my first email address. I love how you can easily sort out and delete the junk mail at one time.

Cons

The search bar does not always find what you are looking for

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

My First and favorite Email Provider, Professional works makes easier.

From the beginning of professional career , i was using Gmail as my primary email for personal & professional use. Unlike other email provider Gmail simplified emailing, protect my valuable data. Continuously they update their security measure. That makes our life easier. Besides we can use Google related product by owning single Gmail account.

Pros

User friendly interface, easier integration with 3rd party software , makes our job easier. In general, Gmail has simplified Emailing, With so many other applications available inside the Google universe, it makes sense to use Gmail in order to take advantage of all of those other apps. Sending and receiving email is easier than other similar platform. I can use filter and get my desired data. They continuously updated their support and security system.

Cons

I did not find that major kind of cons for Gmail, But the disadvantages of this app include the difficulty in locating items such as the garbage, and after a while, I was unable to send or receive any additional emails.

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

Best Email Platform for Business- Gmail

MY overall experience with gmail was very good and still counting due to it is user friendly and I love its extra features especially google meet is easily accessible from gmail for my online classes. As compared to other email platforms like yahoo its more convenient and powerful ultimate solution of modern age.

Pros

Gmail is a cloud-based platform which is backed by google which is trust worthy for me and for
my business and enables me to send, receive,manage, transform and schedule my email. It is user friendly and I love its extra features especially google meet is easily accessible from gmail for my online classes. As compared to other email platforms like yahoo its more convenient and powerful ultimate solution of modern age.

Cons

I feel that is ultimate solution of modern age but as per universal law every thing has some qualities and deficiencies also so I think spam and unwanted emails are should be improved so that If a person due to some reason can't open and read emails for some time there shouldn't be bulk of unwanted emails .

Mncedisi

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Shop assistant

I'm able to see if I have receive my money through Gmail. If have forgotten my Facebook password my Gmail account is always the to rescue me and that really make me be more find of this product.

Pros

I like the fact that it keep me in track of my recent and old emails. Through Gmail Analystics I'm able to keep good record list of my attended emails and all. It also make it easier for me to spot spams in my emails. I'm so greatful for Gmail!!!

Cons

Some people can easily hack my account if for instant they have my cellphone with them. The is less of customer service yet in this field the are always human errors that need to be attended agently.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

Simple, easy, does what it needs to. What else can you ask for?

I have always loved everything Google does, as they do everything flawlessly. Gmail is easy to use, doesn't take a lot of work to figure out, and works just as it should. It doesn't need any bells and whistles--the simpler it is, the better, and that's how Gmail is!

Pros

Gmail switched to showing my inbox with the main inbox, a social folder and a promotions folder. I do really like this feature. Usually, I don't like the focused folders like that, but it does allow me to just check what's important right away, and then the general junk emails go into the promotions folder, which I look through every once in a while. I'm the kind of person who can't stand having a number of unread emails showing up, so it's nice that it doesn't add the emails in the socials and promotions folder into my regular unread emails.

The compose feature is super simple, easy to attach documents, easy to find contacts, etc. It simply just works simply and the way it should!

Although there are a couple of ads every once in a while show up in my promotions folder, there aren't ads covering the entirety of the page like Hotmail and Yahoo have, so I'm super grateful for that.

Cons

I do wish there were a way to "flag" emails in Gmail like I can in Outlook. And maybe there is and I just haven't tried enough to try, but that would be nice. Again, I prefer to flag the emails I need to respond to instead of keeping them unread.

ShaQuila
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Gmail Is The Best For Email!

Gmail is my personal secretary, calender, reminder, and organizer. Trust me, it is a big big deal!!!

Pros

Features that are most impactful is being able to keep personal accounts separate from business. My life would be so disorganized and I would have a desk full of snail mail if it wasn't for Gmail.

Cons

I am still getting acquainted with Zoom, so right now it is the thing I like the least, but I'm sure once I get used to it, I will love it as well.

Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Introduction of android phone caused me to switch back in 2007, and I liked Gmail better than yahoo mail, so I disregarded the Yahoo account and decided to keep Gmail.

Yahoo Mail

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

In my opinion Gmail is the best of them all.
Muhammad Daud
Muhammad Daud

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Gmail makes email simpler

Overall I had a good experience with Gmail as it allowed me to explore additional products offered by Google Workspace. Gmail integrated notes and Reminders work perfectly well with Mobile apps and Sync is great. Overall I would always recommend Gmail for primary email storage.

Pros

I have found Gmail comes with lot of utilities. Emails Management, Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheet, Notes etc. These tools makes all in one easy for you to manage your personal or Business portfolio. Gmail free accounts have more than sufficient space for Drive and Emails and the Google Workspace comes with lot of Admin advantages and products.

Cons

Syncing Gmail emails with third-party applications is a back draw. The IMAP or POP is not reliable and loses connectivity. Google Should join its email through Exchange to work with third-party apps.

Microsoft Outlook and Yahoo Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

More functionalities, reliability, and sustainability.

Yahoo Mail

Gmail sharing, Storage, Email and Search is better than Yahoo or Outlook
Rebecca

Reviewed on 09/01/2024

The best email for business owners

Integrating Gmail with my calendar, Drive, and website means everything is smooth. My business would be a lot more stilted without Gmail.

Pros

Gmail is by far the clearest, most reliable, and intelligent email manager I've used (and I've used so many)! The folders, filtering, snooze, schedule send, auto-reply, and many other features are used everyday in my business to great effect, helping to reassure clients that I'm a safe pair of hands.

Cons

There's very little I don't enjoy about Gmail. To improve, I'd like even more customisable options, and perhaps more automations to make joining with Calendar even better.

Microsoft Outlook, ProtonMail and iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

More professional; integrated with Drive and website easier.

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Easier, more professional set-up; integrated with other products I use.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

One of the best email service provider

Gmail is easily my go-to email service provider. With its intuitive interface and easy integration across all other GSuite apps, gmail is a powerful tool that has a lot to offer both businesses and individuals, even in the free version.

Pros

Gmail offers quick email delivery, works well for sending emails to individuals or groups of people and is very easy to use. I love their intuitive and highly customizable interface. The best part is the categorization of your mails. You can create categories and tags and configure it so that mails from a particular address only show up in the assigned categories. I found this feature very helpful. It also integrates easily with other GSuite apps like Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive etc, which is an added bonus and sometimes the only tools you need for your business or personal use. You can pick also your own themes and colors, which is nice.
The draft feature saves your message real-time, which can be a lifesaver.

Gmail sign-in is offered on millions of websites on the internet, so a gmail address is all you need to be authorized anywhere. It also has 15 GB cloud storage in the free version, which is more than enough for most users.

Cons

The auto-categorization of received mails as Promotions, Social, and Primary isn't efficient, as same types of emails can be found at each of these. The spam filter also needs improvement. The trash being emptied after a month could have been an optional feature. The excessive information that Google tracks about you (which can be viewed in Activity) can bother some people who have privacy concerns. Beyond the free version, the pricing is a bit expensive though.

Rajesh
Rajesh
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

good mail service

Well Gmail for me is best as i am type of person who depend on single thing for all solution and Gmail is plying such role for me managing my emails, syncing my contacts , my photos everything.

Pros

ok Gmail is my first email service i used . so lets make it to the point
here are some pros of Gmail:-
1) available free without any cost
2) easy to use both from pc and smartphone
3)its app can run on a system having less RAM and will show you the notification on time.
4)well we are here talking about Gmail only but i think the best feature of a google account is not only simplified mail but an account to all your google service . you have a lot of option and service which you can operate from a same google account including drive , YouTube etc.
5)with Gmail you can simply save the google accounts of your contacts and can sync them to unlimited devices and sites linked to your google account .
6)with latest Gmail update we have now google meet option available to start our meet right from gmail .

Cons

ok lets focus on some of cons while i will say these are not cons but some features that i think will be added in some future updates .
1)the attachment size of Gmail must be increased
2) if we want to delete mails in mobile version (android )its not so easy at it is in pc version
3) if we will search any mails by searching the date for example 21 Feb 2021 it will not show the mails of that day.
4)in app version (mobile ) selecting mails is not easy if we slightly tap n the mail in place of thumbnail of mail it will get open instead of being selected

Micheal
Micheal

Reviewed on 27/08/2021

My Gmail user experience

Overall I have had a wonderful experience with Gmail. Previously it can take up to 10 minutes for my mails to be delivered with other companies. But with Gmail, it takes literarily seconds for my emails to be delivered.

Pros

The major thing I like about Gmail is that it allows me to manage multiple accounts on one device. I have personal, business, social, official, and general email accounts. So it has helped me to be more organized, unlike the previous product I was using.

The desktop version helps me connect to other Google apps like classroom, forms, drive, meets seamlessly. These are extremely important tools for personal use and my business.

The delivery time for emails sent or received is in seconds, unlike others that will take minutes for emails to be delivered.

The security features it also provides are top-notch. My email accounts cannot be easily hacked because they are all connected to my phone number.

I like the way Gmail sorts out the emails I receive into primary, social, promotions emails. It helps me look out for the emails in need in different sections.

I like the many options it gives in recovering my passwords whenever I forgot them.

Integration to my existing business process is quite easy. No technical difficulties were experienced as Gmail onscreen prompt guided me all through the process.

Cons

Gmail should be more flexible whenever someone wants to log in to their account with new devices. The security codes it sends can be quite annoying.

Virginia laura

Reviewed on 03/10/2021

Gmail the best email service

Generally speaking my involvement in Gmail is incredible. It's a very efficient specialized instrument.

Pros

I totally love Gmail. I have been utilizing it for longer than 10 years at this point and plainly Gmail takes a wide margin for consumer loyalty. Sending and getting messages is made simpler with Gmail. The cordial UI expands my usefulness significantly. Gmail likewise has incredible association devices, permitting clients to star and channel messages dependent on their requirements. With the choices to sort my messages effectively and naturally channel spam mail, I can work all the more proficiently and save myself the problem of physically browsing each and every email to discover the ones I am searching for. Utilizing Gmail likewise opens up freedoms to utilize a lot other programming by Google, which obviously is stunning in light of the fact that it gets a good deal on other programming they might require. One of my #1 elements of Gmail is most certainly the timetable send choice. I like the capacity to have the option to review and email late around evening time and have it send consequently during working hours.

Cons

There are all around reported worries about Gmail's security. Similarly as with some free, open source stages, you are expecting extra danger that the substance and insurance of the data your are sending/getting, are at an essentially higher danger than other paid stages. I additionally don't care for how I frequently run out of capacity, and need to buy more.

Hafiz Muhammad
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/10/2021

best communication tool for connecting people worldwide

I am using Gmail for business purposes, as well as for personal purposes. And my experience with Gmail is very excellent. I have used Gmail for a long time and still using it, and I have never faced any type of serious problem while using Gmail. I am solving a lot of business problems with gmail.
No other software can be replaced with Gmail, as it is a very good tool for managing business and connecting with clients and other internet users privately. I will recommend you Gmail 10 out of 10.

Pros

I always use to deal with myy clients through email for secure communication. Cloud system of email is a favorite feature. I can always read my all emails from any computer, simply by logging in to my email account. Grammarly and the spelling correction system of email are also very very appreciable. I am also using the Grammarly extension and google translate for grammar purposes, and both software are very good for this purpose But honestly, I never felt any need for any grammar software while working on Gmail. because all I need is already in Gmail.
adding task feature of email is also very good at all. I mostly use to add my client email in tasks for delivery purposes. It may happen that I may forget to send delivery on time, but with the help of the email tasks feature, I can easily integrate all tasks and pending projects. I never felt any type of reminder for my task completion because I am already having all this in Gmail.
One thing that I would like to tell you is, the most used application in my android is Gmail. Because I always used to connect with my clients through email for a good experience. Now from here, you can imagine that how Gmail is likely to me.

Cons

I am usingg Gmail since 2014 and there is nothing that I have not enjoyed in Gmail. My experience remains very good with my favorite software at all.
However, there are some features that need to be improved. First one, the search filter works only if we are connected to a network, it does not work offline even in application mode. each time I want to integrate any of my emails, first, I need to connect to a network to locate that email through the search filter.
Secondly, sometimes my client's email is also used to appear in the spam filter. I am having a lot of clients that been working with me for a long time. And sometimes, their emails also go to spam filter and Gmail use to alert me about those emails, that these emails may contain any type of virus or any type of harmful content. while I have looked at that email, again and again, there is nothing except some important conversation.
these were the only issues that I faced since I started using Gmail.

Raj
Raj

Reviewed on 26/03/2023

Efficient and user-friendly: My review of Gmail

Pros

Gmail is a popular email service provider that offers several features and benefits to its users. One of the main advantages of Gmail is its efficient and user-friendly interface. The platform's design allows users to easily navigate and manage their email inbox, compose new messages, and search for specific emails.Gmail has a high deliverability rate, which means that emails sent from a Gmail account are less likely to end up in a recipient's spam folder. This makes Gmail a popular choice for both personal and professional communication.Gmail also offers ample storage space, allowing users to store a large amount of email data without having to worry about running out of space. The platform provides 15 GB of free storage space, which is shared between Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos.

Cons

One of the main concerns that has been raised is around Gmail's privacy policies and data collection practices.n addition, Google's data collection practices have come under scrutiny in recent years. Google collects a large amount of data on its users, including information on their online activity, search history, and location. While this data is used to improve Google's services and provide personalized content, some users are concerned about the level of data being collected and the potential for it to be used for targeted advertising or other purposes.

Delly
Delly

Reviewed on 26/01/2024

It's easily accessible

I switched from spending money on email marketing and management tools because Gmail provides all these solutions at extremely affordable rates.

Pros

I prefer Gmail to most email management software because it's way more easy to connect to it. I mean, It's everywhere on smartphones and besides, I'm used to working with it already - anywhere, anytime I can simply tap the multi-colored M-icon on my smartphone, and (voila), I'm in my inbox.

All I'm trying to say is that it's stressful for me to jump every time onto Chrome, typing a URL to connect to other email management software.

Another aspect of Gmail that amazes me it's the fact that I can potentially route all incoming emails from an external email management software and even respond to them using my Gmail address and yet, the receiver won't even notice that it was sent from a Gmail address.

- It's always uptime, 100% up and running.

Additionally, It provides possibilities to set up automated mail responses and perform more email automation actions like labeling, sorting, saving, deleting, etc.

Most importantly, It provides a lot of security measures to prevent account hacking, data phishing, or malicious attacks like 2FA, 6-digit Backup codes, and a few more which are enough to completely keep my files safe.

For a free tool, I think it's simply amazing.

Cons

Since 2021(as per my remarks), Google started to run ads in Gmail, well, they're not overwhelming, however, they could potentially be risky in case, hackers decide to pass through Google ads to lay hands on user accounts.

At this point, I don't Google itself will be aware since on the internet today, everyone can be a business.

Arnaldo

Reviewed on 27/10/2018

Gmail an app that promises!

Pros

Gmail has been my favorite email app for more than 8 years, I must say it is an incredible application, I use it every day since I constantly receive emails from clients, partners and work, so I need to check my email trays constantly, I must say that it has never hit me or given me problems so the stability of the app is excellent.

In addition to this gmail has a number of add-ons that you can use to benefit, such as google drive, google hangouts and google + it is amazing how you can have everything within a single application and how they complement each other.

Gmail is a very easy application to use since in the main screen you can see all your messages directly, besides this you have a menu in the left part of the screen where you can choose the messages of promotion, social and normal messages, apart you have other options such as sent messages, spam erased among others ...

Another incredible thing about this app is that you can change gmail accounts very quickly and easily since it allows you to log several accounts at the same time and change them with a single click. the app is also very fast, the time that you have to wait for the new and old messages to load is very fast and this is an advantage when you want to respond to messages quickly, besides it has the function of writing several messages at the same time and leaving them as drafts waiting for you to come back and finish them and this is great!

Cons

Well, because not everything is always good, there are few things I do not like about the gmail app and one of them is that when you write a new message and add some files it is a bit difficult to do it from the phone, if you could do it a little simpler would be great, another thing is that when I send a message I do not get the notification of message sent or message waiting to be sent or message sent so I never know if my message has been sent really.

For my part these are the only things that I dislike, everything else I like and I'm happy with the app, I really think it's excellent!