About KidKare

Kidkare is a cloud-based childcare management solution designed to help daycare centers and sponsors manage operations related to meal planning, admissions and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) claim processing. Features...

Browse KidKare Reviews

Gloria

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

Accounting

Accounting

Pros

The accounting. I use the invoices. love the email and payment on line. My parents rely like that they can pay in line.

Cons

The reports are hard to navigate sometimes. and sometimes they have the ring totals. The check in and out has to meany steps.

Reviewed on 12/01/2019

KidKare Software Review

Customer service in fantastic. I was originally running a state certified daycare and utilizing KidKare with the CACFP food program and then decided to start doing daycare from home and run it as an unregulated daycare. When I closed my daycare in town and quit the CACFP program, my sponsor automatically withdrew me from the program but I was still being charged for it each month even though I was not able to log in and use the program. I contacted customer service and asked if they could get me back into that account or credit the money that had been auto-paid out of my bank account to the new KidKare account that I had created when I started doing daycare at home. They weren't able to reconnect me to the original account, but added credit to the new one that I had created, no questions asked. They've been very helpful with anything else that I have contacted them with as well.

Pros

I like that everything is in one place. I can track pick-up and drop-off times, keep track of my daycare finances, plan meals, etc. all in one place. I don't need a hundred different apps/programs to run my daycare business.

Cons

I really wish that the Check-In/Out times would transfer directly over for each child when you pull up their name to create invoices at the end of the week. It would make creating invoices A LOT quicker! And maybe there is a way to do this and I just haven't figured it out yet!

Julie

Reviewed on 04/01/2018

Someone is making money hand over fist with this software and problems are still not being...

Pros

I like that it is a web-based program so it is accessible from any device when it is working correctly.

Cons

Accounting stuff never migrated over from Minute Menu when I was told it would. I don't trust that the program is adding up all my reports correctly so there fore I have to put extra time in entering it all into a program that is trust worthy. I have never been so scared to print reports for taxes as I am this year and I have been in the business for 15 plus years. When you do run reports it is 30 pages long when in Minute Menu it was at least half that. Consistently bumping me out and making me log back in every time I leave it sit idle for a little bit. Can not enter 2017 invoices or expenses after December 31, 2017. It will not let you change the date to a date in the previous year. Print button for reports is not available in all web browser. When you do get a report to print it prints a message on the top of the report about some kind of discrimination-which does not pertain to any report in KK. The program assumes when a child turns 5 years old that they are in school, which indeed they are not. So then we get disallowed meals because we claim them for all meals during the day. If you don't go back into child information and change it you are not being paid correctly from your food program. Never had to double check all of this stuff in Minute Menu. Can't run emergency numbers/pickup reports to have sitting by our phone like you could in Minute Menu. You get a spinning wheel many times when trying to enter things. No choice but to log out and come back in w/ problems

Top KidKare Alternatives

Reviewed on 12/01/2019

KidKare.com

Pros

I'm completely computer illiterate!! I have no problem entering all of my information daily. It's super easy to follow and there's always help a phone call away.

Cons

I think the thing I like least is that you can't enter information the next day without assistance. Some days are so difficult to do everything required for life and the time is up to enter your meals. Very stressful.

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Kid Care takes the stress out of meal planning

I have never had a issue with the KidKare software, it is always available when I need it

Pros

Kidkare software is so very easy to navigate, and it has so many informative places you can go to.

Cons

I do not have any issues with the KidKare software

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Happy provider

Pros

Ease of use and you can easily correct mistakes

Cons

The food can be more described can be better so you can easily describe meals your having

Mary

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

Data entry

Pros

the ease of templates: no additional writing necessary

Cons

When I review my entries I have to save again, even though there are no changes

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

KidKare is AMAZING!!!

Pros

KidKare is a wonderful tool for educational management. Would HIGHLY recommend.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of a con at this time.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Great way to save paper!

Not having a ton of paper claims to keep and store has been extremely helpful. I log in everyday to enter my meals and it's a lot faster as I can type faster then I can write!

Pros

I like that it's so easy to use and go back to check your work. I'd been doing paper claims for 18 yrs and finally went to KidKare last year and wondered why I waited so long

Cons

I haven't come across anything yet that has frustrated me about this software.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 22/03/2019

My children

Pros

I love that they put what my children have eaten and how there day was. I love I can pay them directly through kidkare. It is wonderful

Cons

The only thing was that was kinda confusing the first time I got on the site

Natalie

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Couldn't run my business without it!

My overall experience with KidKare has been positive. I have been using Minute Menu/KidKare since 2013 when I opened my daycare and I couldn't imagine doing everything without it.

Pros

I use every part of this software except the food program because I do not provide food for my daycare. The check in and check out part is perfect for my everyday needs, auto generating invoices weekly is the best and takes a lot of work off my plate and keeping track of my expenses and mileage throughout the year makes my tax season that much easier.

Cons

I would like to see the software be made into an app as I use my smart phone to do daily check in and check outs. I have to continuously sign into the webpage as it kicks me out after a certain amount of time.

DeAnna
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 13/01/2019

Your own personal accountant

Recording your meals and attendance couldn't be any easier. You can use your smart phone or computer to record your menus and attendance. Once I found out about the scheduled menus where you can save your frequently used meals, it became even easier. I like that at the end of each month, I can enter all my receipts, hours, and mileage. You can even do it weekly and save yourself HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS of preparing for taxes at the end of the year! I wish I would have signed up earlier and I could have saved myself all that time preparing. This makes it so much less scary when doing your own record keeping.

Pros

I like the ability to record all aspects of my business. Recording your meals served, kids attendance, and business expenses all in one software. It's very easy to keep organized, which for a lot of us is difficult since we don't have a lot of time to spend on ourselves when caring for the children.

Cons

I don't like that the software doesn't send notifications or reminders. Being a daycare provider, we are busy and having the ability to have the software send a reminder that you haven't logged in recently would be so helpful.

Kelly

Reviewed on 09/12/2018

Great software!

It just makes keeping up with the report easier. I also wish it had just a spreadsheet to fill in parent's payments with a running total. I don't want invoices, etc.

Pros

I love the ease of completing the forms.

Cons

The only thing that I wish it did, which it says it does but it doesn't, is the ability to print the children's in/out times to compare with the food attendance report before submitting it. It has a print button but doesn't print anything. I also wish there was a report to check the child's meals versus the in/out time. I do the verify the in/out times but every once in a while I get an error on my claim report that says "child not present for meal."

Sheila
  • Industry: Consumer Services

KidKare

It is very easy to keep track of all meals served. It is helpful in keeping a count of days that kids come and the meals they are served. The reports allow you to see a child's attendance at a single glance.

Pros

It is not a cluttered program. Not too many items on each window. Easy to see what you are looking for.
Very easy to put in meals and attendance.

Cons

You have to use military time for PM or put pm after each entry. Ok as I know military time. Not so good for others.
Also in the infant menu you have to click twice to put in food name or number. In the non infant portion, the pointer goes straight to the line to put in food name/number.

It is not possible to go straight back and forth between meals served and child's in/out time. This would be nice to check to see if you put a child in or forgot. Not too big a deal but you do have to go out to a different window and then back again to the previous page you were using

Reviewed on 14/09/2019

Kids menu easy option!

It’s a saving time for me because I plan ahead my menus, saved and I just have to include who is present or no! It is a great tool to have.

Pros

I love that it is very convenient to use and you can use anytime and anywhere! It is a better option for providers to do their menu with more time ahead and we don’t have to deal with papers no more !

Cons

There are few things that I like them to improve. First how you can go back and edit on the menus assistants in children, and how to add the numbers on each child.

Sharon
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

15 years of change for the better

On the business side of KidKare, we experience less calls on how the software works and it has eased the process for the providers for day to day entry. They like being able to add pics of the daycare children to the enrollments. That is a nice feature.

Pros

That we now have the Sponsor view mode which limits keystrokes and saves time when assisting providers with navigation around the screens. A lot of providers just like for someone to talk them through the steps.

Cons

Not that I dislike it but i think the screens could use a little more color.

Rose

Feelings

it has been breeze for keep records on children and food program

Pros

It has been so easy to use! The only thing that has been a challenge for me is posting the food of the plan menu for the week. I will have a day almost posted and hit to stroll down and I end up deleting what I have done. It would be so helpful if you had to hit to DELETE to delete your work!

Cons

using the month menu planning form I have to much to do to sit here and write you fourty work it is simpl I like or I do not

Nicole

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Very friendly front Staff of KidKare and sponsor.

I notice several benefits, for instance the business account subscription. One day I plant to look into that benefit to use in my program.

Pros

The software is beneficial for providers to easily document menus and attendance. The copy paste feature makes it helpful to complete schedule menus.

Cons

What I like least about the software sometimes it is to time consuming. Brainstorm some different ways to make time shorter when it comes editing, adding meals, and clicking each child attendance.

Nancy

Reviewed on 29/08/2020

Good program but needs invoice change

Pros

Easy to use, convenient, stores all kids that have been enrolled, report features are nice.

Cons

The main one for me in the invoicing. I do not send invoices to my parents or have any need to. I would love to have the option of just recording the payments. I hate creating invoices only to record a payment and the feature of reoccurring invoices is great if you receive the same amount from a parent every month which I don't

DeShonda

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Easy and Inexpensive

Overall it has been a great experience with KidKare. From planning meals to the accounting feature.

Pros

The different features such as expense tracking, invoicing, and printing off the reports.I like the ability to copy meals from one week to the next. This is good if you have alternating menus.

Cons

Since I have been using the software, it has helped me in my business. I currently do not have any cons.

Isah

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Love having an option for me to record my childcare suppers on the web

By and large: I love my experience the extent that my youngster care business goes. I have not utilized the bookkeeping programming yet I am thinking about pursuing that. As I expressed, the client support side is the main destruction up until this point. I haven't needed to utilize the client support for some time so I expectation it has improved.

Pros

I love the simplicity and accessibility on various gadgets to record my dinners and participation.

Cons

Customer administration is exceptionally moderate when you do require help...it takes days and once in a while weeks to find no solution most occasions. Extremely baffling no doubt.

Kim

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

My Experience Using KidKare

I love using KidKare ... Even though I write down each day's menus on my own forms, it's nice knowing I don't have to have copies of everything any more. One copy and it's done!

Pros

I like that it is easy to use - like all programs, it took a bit of getting used to but once I did, everything fell into a smooth transition. There are also parts of KidKare that I don't use because I keep records in a separate place on my computer, but it's nice knowing the option is available if I choose to change my record-keeping.

Cons

Apparently, the "Notes" on the bottom of each meal aren't viewable by my food rep. I wish these notes were available and viewable to everyone because if I miss noting something on a calendar, it would be nice to know there is a "back-up" of my notations.

Pamela
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

childcare

i'm able to track my parent's payments to me. i'm able to use the business part to track all my expenses and income. great for tax time!

Pros

it keeps all my records in one place so I can easily look things up

Cons

i do not like the automated payment system. i don't like the way it takes so long for a payment to be credited to my account. the day of invoice is usually the due date. i give 5 days to allow payments to be processed. if my client misses the invoice for some reason they will be late with the payment due to the 5 days it takes to process.

Heather

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

KidKare Review

Pros

I like that the program is always available. Sometimes I'm so busy and I cant get to the computer right away, so I jot things down and log in later. The program is pretty easy to navigate and self explanatory.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the software. I don't like how the rules and laws keep changing, but it has nothing to do with KidKare.

Pamela

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

How KIdKare has helped me as a Provider

I use the software to help with the attendance of my children ,and also to keep up with my daily count of meals and attendance of each child that is enrolled at the center. This software offers so much to providers to help with meal count, attendance sheets, and so much more, it helps me to get a lot more accomplished that I could usually do, if I had to complete everything manually. KidKare has been a great experience for me and I wouldn't consider any other software for completing my meal count.

Pros

This is the best software that I've used since I have been a childcare provider, what I like most about this software, is the fact that it saves me a lot of time and paperwork.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like about using this software.