Miro Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Miro

Miro is a visual workspace for innovation that enables distributed teams of any size to dream, design, and build the future together. Miro enables distributed teams to come together to synthesize information, clarify complex...

Browse Miro Reviews

1,553 of 1,553 reviews
Maszni
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Right tool for online visual collaboration

Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros

Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons

There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

Courtney
Courtney

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

The templates are a great way to get started quickly

Miro facilitates remote collaboration for teams. Having a place where the whole team can get together and discuss how to improve the tools, process, or development is crucial for my organization.

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility of having members of my team work from home and the convenience of being able to brainstorm ideas together. Changes in workflow and process may now be quickly and easily whiteboarded thanks to this helpful program. Miro facilitates cross-team communication and collaboration for ideation, process mapping, and more inside the Marketing department.

Cons

There isn't much about Miro that worries me. I wish we could make our own templates and preserve them. There was also an option we could click to export our Miro creations to Powerpoint. Other than that, it's a great tool that I enjoy using.

Kelvin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/05/2024

Miro Active Communications And Collaborations

Miro saves on cost and this makes it profitable.

Pros

Miro has many features and their customer service team is active to attend to you. Miro is easy to use. It also allows team to have beneficial communications.

Cons

Miro has nothing that is a miss on my side.

Top Miro Alternatives

Ryan
Ryan

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Miro was fine but it didn't seem to work the way I expected it to

In preparation for a conference, my company sponsored a bunch of innovation groups across the organization and we used Miro since we were from remote teams across the world. For that, it worked well to use the sticky notes and other collaboration features in place of a whiteboard. However, as mentioned above, the product was not intuitive and we were not provided training. With more training, I am sure it could have been an excellent product.

Pros

I like that there are a lot of different features that can be used by a variety of people to collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously, and everyone can use it in their own way

Cons

I didn't find the software intuitive to use. I kept wanting to click in a certain way or drag in a certain way, and it just didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do

Friederike

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Miro for online teaching

I switched from Google's jamboard, they recommended Miro, and I'm very pleased so far, it offers much more than jamboard!

Pros

Miro is a very versatile tool, which let's me develop graphics, take notes, work together with my student in real time etc. It's great for online lessons!

Cons

I needen a moment, to get an overview of all the features. Not everything was completely intuitive, but if you take the time to explore, you'll get the hang of it!

Salah
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 28/05/2024

Very good tool for remote visual project management

Pros

The Miro software is versatile, it allows you to visually manage all types of projects remotely and in real time. Very practical for teamwork. Perfect for workshops, it offers a collaborative work space. Highly appreciated for its flexibility and ease of use, it adapts to several uses. It integrates several applications as well as several functionalities.

Cons

Miro may become slow when multiple people use the dashboard simultaneously. The free version contains a lot of advertisements, and to have access to some more developed features, a paid subscription is required.

Sujay Kumar
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 29/05/2024

The irreplaceable asset for strategy formulation

Miro has been a great software to work at for formulating our ideas, strategy and most importantly collaborative brainstorming. This has enabled us not only to be incentives towards our employees and team members, but also with the pop up of some of the best ideas. Overall, Miro is a must tool for everyone!

Pros

1. Huge number of templates allowing us to choose the best as per ourselves
2. Flexibility while working out or ideation
3. Collaborative workspace for brainstorming with team

Cons

1. Poor quality of export in document and image in free version
2. Should onboard the workspace in the start with dark version

Srikanth

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Excellent for Designing, flowchart and collaboration

Its been very easy and helpful for creating flowcharts and collaborating with teams.

Pros

Excellent for creating flow charts/ diagrams
Easy to collaborate with teams
Availability of templates to have a head start.
Access controls in sharing the content with others.

Cons

Mobile app is not very effective.
It may be pricey and licenses were not given to all the resources by default.

Yin Syuan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 02/06/2024

Easy and quick to create brainstorming boards for individual and group

Pros

Easy to create the brainstorming board and link different ideas

Cons

It would be better if the software can link and export to different platforms like illustrator

• Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 18/06/2024

Miro review

Until now, I have been pretty content with the program. it is easy to use and to collaborate.

Pros

What I like the most is that is easy to deploy and use and can be used by multiple users at the same time. It is great to visualize data, and brainstorm about new possibilities.

Cons

Could be easier to import figures into the drawing board.

Kenneth
Kenneth

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

Tracing paper and pen in a virtual environment

With remote working, collaborating on complex design related problems became much more difficult. Screen sharing with snapping images and marking up was a quick fix, however this was slow and a 1-way communication.

MIRO solved all of this and became the virtual equivalent of rolling out tracing paper and having a handful of people developing the design simultaneously.

I think that it would be useful to enhance the sketching experience further. If there could be a virtual tracing paper with variable opacity to contain (group) a series of sketches similar to a frame this would be useful. This is currently possible with multiple objects but it becomes unwieldy. This would also allow the development of a simple layer system.

Partial deletion of a hand drawn line would be really helpful.
(I have in mind some of the user-experience of the Procreate sketching iPad app)

Pros

I found MIRO intuitive with no training necessary. You can invite collaborators effortlessly with only browser access required. This has been transformational for me during remote working.

Cons

When boards become large, the download process can be a little slow and it sometimes trips up with downloading the content that is currently in the viewer's screen. This can easily be resolved by archiving and starting a new board.

Perhaps an option of local caching some content could be useful.

Ricardo
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Our tool of choice for visual collaboration - a must have in education and training

Miro is awesome. We have been using it to demonstrate different concepts in online workshops to co-workers and also to share knowledge with our K-12 students. The level of interaction and engagement is the cornerstone of a product that enables you and your team to work cohesively and share ideas in a visual manner.

Pros

Here we are in love with Miro: It is easy to use, has a wide arrange of tools to convey ideas and has plenty of templates for specific purposes. Being platform agnostic warrants a great experience across devices and operating systems. The tools to collaborate make it an indispensable app for teachers and trainers.

We are quite pleased with the fact that the Support team (Miro Academy) is always organizing training events to cover the basics and also advanced tools. The Miroverse community is also very helpful and we all get to share templates and tools with the rest of the users.

Cons

Not a con, but something that may annoy some people is that the text tool is a bit limited. From the selection of typefaces to the inability to format specific parts of the text, the tool feels lacking.

Another factor to consider (not a con, per see) is that Miro is better used when you have an idea of what is it that you want from it and you organize your content accordingly. The fact that this has an infinite canvas lends to chaos if you do not plan ahead.

Denise
Denise

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

Excellent experience in collaborative work

For the most part, we've used it as a brainstorming tool since we first started using it. It allows me and my colleagues to reorganize our thoughts in novel ways. Even though we're all working at our desks, it feels like we're using post-it notes on a whiteboard.

Pros

It was a great experience, and I've used him for both teaching and scheduling since I met him. Intuition and teamwork are at the heart of Miro's design. You may use it on any device without having to download any additional software or plugins. A fast learner who can quickly engage a diverse group of individuals.

Cons

The only drawback I can think of is that uploading material such as videos might take a while. In addition, the cost per license for a small business is considerable, although the free basic version is fairly comprehensive.

Angelo
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 22/01/2023

A Comprehensive Look at Miro's Features

Overall, Miro is an excellent collaboration platform with a wealth of features to help teams work together. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and the real-time collaboration feature is invaluable. While the pricing structure can be confusing and expensive and there are some features that could be improved, Miro is still a great tool for teams to use.

Pros

Miro is an excellent collaboration platform that offers a wide variety of features to help teams work together effectively. Its user-friendly interface is intuitive and easy to use, while the ability to create boards and draw diagrams allows everyone to easily visualize ideas. The real-time collaboration feature is invaluable, allowing teams to work together in real-time without having to constantly switch back and forth between applications.

Cons

While Miro offers a great suite of features, there are a few drawbacks. The pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for larger teams, and there are some features that could be improved, such as the ability to import files from other applications. Additionally, the user interface can be somewhat clunky at times.

Jakub

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Th golden standard in whiteboarding

Generally the use and feel of Miro is great. We used it for planning, layouting, inspirations and moodboards. This is working absolutely great. ven exporting a backup from Miro feels as it is intended - no hassle. Just download the file. Same goes for exportin to PDF etc. Works. And that is the biggest added value.

Pros

The ease of starting using Miro is amazing. Just register and start whiteboarding. After a while if you need any functionality you can think of you start to dig through the menues in the app and just like that - you find what you need. Be it a canban or a timer or building blocks for flowcharting.

Cons

It is definitely on the pricier end when it comes to collaborative editing. Of course there is a free and a "consultant" plan, but even after signing up for that one sharing boards and stating editing feels a bit rough. So you might pay for users and taht gets expencive.

Milanote

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Featureset and user interface.

Milanote

Reasons for Switching to Miro

It felt more professional and now it became a standard.
Amanda F
Amanda F

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

The best environment for productive teamwork

For the past two years, Miro has been an integral part of my work team. Sticky notes, customizable marker colors, drag-and-drop capabilities, and nifty visual aids like flowcharts and mind maps are just some of the features that make this platform stand out.

Pros

I appreciate how convenient it is to make and save various customer journey maps and diagrams. Though I frequently make use of this site for collaboration, I am not familiar with any of its direct rivals.

Cons

When trying to invite others to view a private board, the link doesn't always function on the first try, but other than that, I can't find anything wrong with Miro.

Cynthia
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Now I Can't Live Without It

The flexibility of this product is astounding. I can use it for almost every element of my daily workflow as a self-employed business consultant. I use boards to keep track of what tasks are on my plate today as well as which ones are on deck. It's cut my time putting new presentations together by half, since I can brainstorm what I want to include and organize it quickly which cuts down on the time I actually spend putting slides together. Plus, it makes workshops a snap since I can illustrate changes in real time or even invite attendees to collaborate live. I use it for marketing too - brainstorming our marketing story and persona and moving seamlessly into wireframes. I originally used it with one of my clients, but am now a subscriber myself who recommends it to everyone I know.

Pros

My favorite thing about Miro is it's flexibility. I have a hard time thinking of a business problem I want to work on where Miro isn't helpful - which is great a solo business owner. From task tracking, the brainstorming content creation, marketing, and monitoring strategic improvement (with approaches like traction) Miro is up for just about any challenge.

Cons

I'd love to see the ability to do more customized branding, to integrate our favorite fonts and use a wider palate of colors.

Yann
Yann
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

My go-to tool for brainstorming and planning with a more visual approach

Pros

I have been using Miro for a while, now, and I often find myself recommend it to the people I talk to.

The overall platform principle of the infinite canvas is simply genius! You can have as many notes, projects and sketches as you please, all in the same place.

Zooming in makes sure that you can see all the key information related to a specific project, while zooming out giving you a bird's eye view on the project itself or even on a more macro level, of the infinite canvas and all the projects in it.

In particular, there are two features I like about Miro.

Firstly, there are templates. Miro has an always-growing library of templates , which speed up the process of creating a valuable resource for brainstorming, planning or streamlining something, such as a concept map, a Kanban framework, a flowchart, or a customer journey, just to mention a few.

You can simply pick a template and decide whether you want to use it blank (so its layout and "pieces of the puzzle" too) or with some actual content in it too.

Then, there's the Miro smartphone app feature of the Stickies Capture. Get ready because this may sound like pure magic!

Do you happen to have hand-written notes laying around in your office? Simply pull out your smartphone, open the Miro app and take a picture using the Stickies Capture. Miro will turn it into a digital and customizable post-it-note that will be added to your Miro canvas.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily doubt this as the thing I like the least about Miro, but I'd still like to mention it because I think it's key... and it's the ability to easily navigate all the projects you have into your Miro infinite digital canvas.

The problem is that there are so many projects you may plan or work on in a spot of a few days. Sometimes, I can get a bit tricky to easily find a specific project (or part of it) in a busy infinite canvas.

Lukas
Lukas
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 29/05/2023

intuitive and useful software to put all my ideas in order using its tools.

I do not have to be have a monster whiteboard and parcels of sketchbooks, where I had a mess, with Miro everything gets to be cleaner and more minimalist, and exceptionally cheap compared to everything I got to have some time recently. Miro can too work as a individual organizer or to-do list, my part is to back diverse ventures inside the company and since venture plans tend to alter over time, so do my errands. By organizing errands with sticky notes, I can rapidly move them around my individual plan to induce a visual of what my arranged work looks like. I adore the visual instrument that Miro gives me, my organization employments Microsoft Groups and there's a plugin for Miro in Groups that I adore since it brings all my instruments together in one put.

Pros

Miro may be a monster sketchbook where you'll be able attempt perpetual conceivable outcomes to appear everybody your thoughts, I regularly utilize pictures from the web and my printed screens, and all its elements cheer me up, and I utilize the voting framework exceptionally often with my group. Miro feels like a genuine life whiteboard in that we are able all work together at the same time, we all see each other's cursors so we all see where we are in genuine time.

Cons

I've been having a few upgrade issues on the PC app, from time to time a modern version/revision of the computer program won't stack my boards/home page (SSO login). It fair goes into a few screen sharing mode and doesn't stack my sheets. The computer program will be like this for a number of days until another version is accessible, amid this time the internet interface works fine, in spite of the fact that not as well as the app, when utilizing the net interface amid app issues I have never experienced any downtime. inertia. My primary issue at to begin with is that I haven't however figured out how to gather and trade information from dashboards that conclusion up acting more like reports. Perhaps in case there was a few kind of "master" control board that would permit for more integration with something like Exceed expectations.

Anthony
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 29/10/2016

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution.

For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards.

For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros

-Free for Educators to use with students
-Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business
-Great alternative to SmartBoard
-Pen feature is very smooth

Cons

-Takes some getting used to.
-Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect
- Users need to be taught how to use

Eileen
Eileen
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 17/05/2023

Collaborative, intuitive and high-potential platform

Miro is an invaluable tool for optimizing collaboration and project management. Its benefits in efficiency, communication and dynamism of meetings are widely productive. I recommend Miro to any team that wants to improve their work processes and collaboration.

Pros

Miro is an exceptional platform that has perfected the way I manage projects in the office. Its intuitive and easy-to-use interface allows team members to collaborate in real time. Infinite boards and multiple drawing tools make it easy to visually organize ideas and plan projects. Miro has also been instrumental in improving meeting dynamics, thanks to its predefined templates and voting features. The mobile app allows users to participate from anywhere, which is especially useful for remote or on-the-go teams.

Cons

Despite its advantages, Miro can be costly when advanced features or many users are required. In addition, the platform can sometimes be slow to load boards with large amounts of information or visual elements.

Shannel
Shannel
  • Industry: Think Tanks

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

A perfect digital workspace for managing work and collaboration.

With an organization like ours where most of our projects are based on climate evaluation and analysis, we tend to have teams working both remotely and on site. We use Miro as a link between these teams where we get a shared workspace for us to meet digitally and collaborate on the projects. Moreso, Miro helps us to plan our project works which includes creating diagrammatic representations of the projects for easier visualization and monitoring.

Pros

It was easy for us to implement Miro in our organization. When getting started with Miro, there were alot of simply designed in-built templates which helped us to learn quickly how to maximize the abilities of Miro features. I also like how Miro flexibility allowed us to integrate it with multiple other products that were already existing in our organization. Miro offers us with the best visualization tools which makes it easy to us to visualize our projects in order to have clear understanding on how the projects are progressing. With Miro, were able to collaborate with the other teams who are working remotely without any interferences.

Cons

The intuitive user interface of Miro makes it so easy to learn the product architecture and this makes it easy to navigate through it. All the times i have used Miro, i always get a flawless experience so no complaints.

Mary

Reviewed on 21/03/2023

My favorite collaboration tool

Miro helps me run collaborative workshops, visualize important things and facilitate better decision-making. It also helps me create a shared understanding within my teams. Miro helped me keep people on the same page when it was impossible to get everybody in the same room.

Pros

Miro is very easy to use and provides great features for facilitators so that they can set up their boards easily and run meetings and workshops smoothly. I love how easy it is to set up new boards and align and cluster objects and I also like how the features are constantly being improved. The voting feature is a good example of that, it used to be challenging to use it with less experienced people but the user experience has improved a lot.

Cons

It would be great if Miro had different user groups within a team so that I could give them different permissions and then easily select the groups when creating a new project. I wish there were more colors of sticky notes or that we could set up the color the same way it's possible to do with shapes. I also wish it were possible to skip frames in presentation mode or determine which frames on the board I want to show when presenting. I wish it were possible to change the size and position of the timer and have more than one timer at the same time.

Sohaib
Sohaib
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Simply the best whiteboard software available

It's an easy to use collaborative whiteboard software. It's great for creating mindmaps, jotting down ideas or even planning. We always try to use Miro asap in any meeting rather than discussing theoretical - visualising it makes sure everyone in the team is on the same page and Miro makes it so easy to do that.

Pros

The templates are incredibly helpful. There is just so much variety and all expertly done. Saves you so much time having to think about what kind of diagram is best for the ideas you're discussing with the team. In our team now, we've started to choose Miro over a physical whiteboard.

Miro is also incredibly dynamic - you can do everything from mindmaps to wireframes. It's great to have everything in one single place.

Miro also makes sharing really easy; from team members, guests to public. It is very easy to set different permission levels and also revoke them when required. Makes sure any sensitive information isn't available for too long.

Cons

Nothing majorly. I've had a couple of hick-ups previously and the Miro team took a while to respond - there doesn't seem to be a live customer service so that would be good to have. But they're always adding new features and improving the platform. Not had any issues now for a long time.

Faruk
Faruk

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Best tool for 100% remote teams for collaboration

We're working 100% remote in several locations. We were using Miro even before the pandemic but due to the switch to the remote working, it became a must for our tech-stack. I like the versatility and smooth user experience on this software. It replaced our physical boards, and we can do even more with this tool online, nobody misses the physical boards. When we have our meetings, Miro is always open, we also do our project discussions on Miro. We forgot about presentations since we can share our Miro project instead of wasting time on creating slides. As a manager and content producer, I use it as an individual as well. It triggers my creativity and I am very glad to have this tool in my daily workflow.

Pros

As a collaboration tool, Miro has everything. It has integration with almost everything out there, and for us, it makes a huge difference. We use it for presentation purposes, task tracking, visualization of our projects, and team communication tool. Miro is extremely easy to use. I didn't have any issues to share with the newcomers in the team, everybody loves it.

Cons

Earlier this year, I noticed some issues with the screen sharing but recently, it seems to be fixed. The pricing for additional team member is slightly high, it would be great to make it a little useful. However, if you compare with the other tools out there, still the price is sitting in the middle for me. I never really had to contact the Support so I can't comment on this.