About Mixmax

Mixmax is a sales engagement platform that helps businesses track emails, engage with customers and conduct surveys via a unified platform. It enables sales representatives to convert prospects into customers, send personalized...

Browse Mixmax Reviews

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

Great tool for email tracking and scheduling meetings with clients

Pros

We are heavy users of the email tracking, email link sharing and appointment scheduling features of Mixmax. We use it for all external facing client communication.

Cons

I don't like how it can't pull in the calendars of more than 1 person for finding appointment times.

Sam

Reviewed on 21/05/2022

Great for Inside Sales Cadences

Pros

Overall, Mixmax is pretty awesome. The features we lean on most heavily are mail merge (especially using dynamic fields) and email cadencing. It's a pretty good amount of functionality for the price though.

Cons

There are some features that are left to be desired. It seems like they just need to spend more time understanding how people actually use their product.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Mixmax

Mixmax is just a much more robust software with more functionality.

Yet Another Mail Merge

Reasons for Switching to Mixmax

Features for the price.
Leniece
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Great product! A few tweaks can make it Great

Good!

Pros

Love the ease of use and that it’s embedded in gmail

Cons

1) when sending email via Mobile you lose all MixMax features/capabilities. Really huge gap

2) unlike Calendly, the calendar function double books since it doesn’t update your availability in real time e.g. if I send availability to a client for Nov 26th and they don’t read the email until above 28th (and that time gets filled in between it shouldn’t be possible to schedule. Calendly works beautifully in this regard. If MixMax fixed this I would get rid of my calendlu account but too many scheduling kinks due to poor coding/functionality to prevent double bookings in real time. Should be integrated with calendar so when times are I long available they are deactivated.

3) need more CRM integration options. Salesforce is cool but a giant for small business owners. Look into nimble CRM startups that are popular or create your own option

4) integrate with social media so we can easily access email recipient profiles like Rapportivr

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for your review! Please let us know what CRMs you would like us to integrate with. You mention Salesforce and we have an integration with Pipedrive and Copper (which are both CRMs for smaller businesses). Feel free to visit success.mixmax.com for more information on these integrations. With regards to the calendar double booking, please make sure that you have the 'prevent double' booking' feature turned on. You can find more information here: https://success.mixmax.com/article/41-prevent-double-booking

If you do have this option turned on, let us know.

For mobile -will pass those on to our product group.

Replied 28/11/2018

Top Mixmax Alternatives

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

I will not use GSuite without MixMax

Using MixMax let's me and my team focus on serving our customers by significantly reducing the friction in email exchanges and meeting coordination. I will not use GSuite without it.

Pros

MixMax let's me manage the -sometimes tedious- email cycle with ease and confidence. The automation (meeting templates, sequences, follow-ups, reminders, etc) make it so I do not need to manage my follow-ups in a separate task list (like I used to) and insights (Opens, Downloads, Etc) take some of the mystery out of the email portion of the sales cycle.
I've used MixMax for almost three years and it keeps getting better.

Cons

They seem to be slow about rolling out integrations with multiple services. Example: They have supported Zoom integration for Meeting Templates for a while now, but GoToMeeting still isn't supported. Also, it is particular about your GMail configuration. Example: I like to use the preview pane, but MixMax doesn't support it even though it is a first class (non-labs) GMail feature. Same with IE support. Some of my clients still use IE, but they cannot use my meeting templates. It gives them a blank screen.

Laura
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

MixMax gives me my sanity and time back

I run my own coaching business. I wouldn't be able to do what I do without MixMax. I also love how they keep adding features. As my business grows, I know I can keep relying on MixMax to continue adding the functionality I needed, without being pushy or cheesy. I highly recommend to everyone I work with.

Pros

I love the calendaring features and reminders on emails. I completely eliminated any back and forth on scheduling meetings in my personal life and work for 90% of cases. I'm in a services business so I'm scheduling time weekly. I no longer have it on my mind to follow up with people with new times or dates. They can just schedule time at will in really easy to manage times on my calendar. Plus if I really did want to make sure they scheduled, I can just have MixMax remind me in a week to follow-up with them if they haven't responded yet. It frees my mind up SO MUCH.

Cons

I don't like that it has an advertisement on my website for the calendaring widget. I'm fine to endorse MixMax but it just doesn't fit my brand. It's also not the best UI for my clients. It's not super easy to navigate times on mobile past a certain point.

Mike
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Take your E-mail to the MAX! (MixMax Review)

I was an early adopter of Mixmax, and was able to speak directly with the founder via screen share and give feedback about my user experience. It says a lot about an organization when the head honcho is taking time out of their day to personally get data from their customers to improve their product.

Pros

I have pretty basic needs when it comes to emailing, but I do it often. Mixmax helps me stay on top on my many communications, allowing me to see who has opened (viewed) the emails I've sent, and how many times, which better enables me to navigate where things stand in the communication process. I can't tell you how many times that feature alone has saved my behind. I also utilize the templates, as I often need to send out messages with identical content. Templates save me time and energy.

Cons

Even with the privacy assurances, there is something a bit unnerving to click buttons to "Allow" an outside app complete control over your email communications. If I was sending any information I deemed even remotely sensitive, I might think twice about using this, or any outside service.

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Great tool for systemizing outbound sales process

It is great tool for systemazing outbound sales. It has all relevant integrations with CRM and the tool is data-driven. I hope there will be no more bugs in the system.

Pros

The most useful feature - sequences. It automates email sequences for potential clients, we have integration with Salesforce so we can do a lot of cool stuff. For example, we can create automation of tasks in our CRM that are triggered by not replied emails. Also, our email replies are automated using Mixmax templates that are synced with Gmaill, you can reply with a few clicks to frequently asked questions. Also, the tool is data driven, you can track everything - opens, reply rates from any sequence, template and so on. Mixmax just recently introduced a reporting feature which makes this software even more data-driven.

Cons

Customer support is only in USA, so it is not convenient when you are using this software in Europe. Also, I had some problems with open rate stats, the Mixmax counted opens when somebody opened a contact to which an email was sent on our CRM. Also, we had problems with removing a contact from the sequence. When a person replied he was not always removed from the sequence which created awkward situations. For example, person replied and Mixmax didn't identified it, so follow-up email was sent to him. We created rules (a feature in Mixmax) and we solved this issue.

Christa
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 14/02/2019

I couldn't run my business without MixMax

Pros

The ability to create templates and "sequences" (automated series of templates) is crucial in this Chrome extension that takes gmail to a whole new level. Additionally, the ability to set follow-up reminders and next action steps automatically on an individual email make this a life saver. Email boxes aren't meant to be to-do lists... Mixmax allows me to review, reply, and set a next action all at once in an email and then file it away so it's not sitting in my inbox. There are fun aspects as well with 'enhancements' that allow me to insert gifs, polls, emojis, videos etc right into my emails.

Cons

This software is great for sending one-off meeting time/date options to someone via email. It doesn't have enough full calendar functionality to replace something like Acuity or Calendly as an outside meeting planner tool when you have many different types of standard meetings on a regular basis.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for your review. Would be interested in learning more about your calendar requirements.

Replied 15/02/2019
Megan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Every High Achiever Needs Mixmax

Any pro who starts the day with email deserves Mixmax!

Pros

I love Mixmax because it complements all of the things I'm already doing with email, marketing, sales and scheduling apps. Mixmax supercharges my GMail inbox as an extension of my most used apps, like Salesforce, and makes it easy to see how I'm performing. Recipients of my Mixmax-powered emails are A LOT more likely to interact with my content, polls and scheduler than on other similar providers. I'm a free agent expert and work with a LOT of companies. I only wish more of my colleagues used Mixmax so we could implement some of the workflows in more situations.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing I've encountered about Mixmax is that not enough people are using it yet. My projects usually have digital transformation as a key driver, but my SME partners aren't yet using it. It's hard to imagine email without Mixmax. Every digital pro with a customer- or client-facing email workflow should get it!

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

I love MixMax and all of its capabilities.

Being able to track, schedule, and templatize emails.

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to track email opens in great detail. There are so many great features for such a good price. The features i use most besides email tracking is the ability to schedule emails and create email templates. I use both those features on a daily basis and I really don't know what I would do without it.

Cons

Sometimes MixMax glitches and for whatever reason doesn't track certain emails. It doesn't happen frequently enough for it to be a big issue. Also, you have to have MixMax installed on every computer you are sending emails from for the tracking to work. This can be a pain- I really wish it was just automatically hooked up to gmail so no matter what laptop you were using, it would track your emails.

Ryan

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Probably better if you only use one email address

I liked Mixmax and it did everything I needed it to, but I think it's a bit convoluted and I experienced bugs pretty frequently. If you can use something simpler, it's probably in your best interest. However, if you need a lot of features, give it a try.

Pros

MixMax integrated a lot of useful features. I used the booking on my website, scheduled emails using the recommended send-times, and tracked when emails had been opened. It was nice to have everything in one software.

Cons

I have no fewer than 3 email addresses that I use daily. A couple more that I use periodically. Mixmax was a mess when it came to trying to set up across every email address. I should have just stuck with one.

Fred
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Why I love Mixmax

Pros

In this busy world of nobody answering their phones, email is the best was to get your name in front of people. The problem is; we're all getting flooded with emails and if we don't reply right away it goes down further into our inbox...and forgotten.

The best thing about Mixmax is their sequence feature. You send out a template email and if the recipient doesn't respond another goes out and another...as many as you want until you get a response!

What a time saver this is! No more trying to remember if they responded, having to write another email and son on.

And that feature is just the tip of the iceberg. So much good stuff in here...just get it!

Cons

Would love for it to integrate with my CRM (Zendesk Sell) but that's a minor thing.

Vincent

Reviewed on 06/06/2017

I been wanting something like this, forever. One Real Gripe.

Pros

Has its' own Calendly-like functionality built in! Can not only view if someone opened a multi-recipient email but tell WHO it was, no more "Someone opened" (I'm looking at you Hubspot). The schedule emails feature is the most robust out of a bunch of tools I tried in the past.

This tool was originally referred to me as a great template/canned response maker but it really is the other features that stuck out to me most.

SO MANY GOOD FEATURES!

FAVORITE PRO: It makes Gmail-Interface much smoother feeling and faster-seeming.

Cons

Reminders and follow ups as well is great - but I really can't tell the difference between the two features.

Some features feel a bit "bloat-y" - Yarn?! What the, is that?A little too ahead of the curve on that one.

UNFAVORITE CON: To completely eliminate the rest of their branding "Not using mixmatch yet?" from some of their neat tools, you have to get their highest-paid plan for $65/month. That is absolutely ridiculous. I thought I was being generous paying $29 a month for this tool because I fell in love with it, "where has this been all my life?" I Tweeted. But really you should at least take out the rest of the branding at that price point. It keeps deleting email drafts with no resolution, killing days of productivity.

Kevin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

When technology actually works for you

As someone who works as an individual consultant, MixMax has given me bandwidth I didn't have before in calendaring, managing email, and other administrative tasks generally relegated to an assistant. I've tried many applications that promise to increase productivity, but few have like this one.

Pros

The product seamlessly integrates into Gmail, and makes tasks that would be back-and-forth such as calendaring and templates nearly instant. The functionality around email reminders has made inbox management effortless, and it makes me look like I have a better memory and follow-up capability than I really do. It expands my own capacity immensely.

Cons

The only complain I have about this software is one that I was able to address with the help of the customer support, notably that the email tracking can lead to emails hitting others spam filters. With the help of customer service FAQ, I was able to get past this with a few tweaks.

Kara
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

I don't know what I'd do without Mixmax!

A major business problem I had before I used Mixmax was the inability to know whether my communications with clients were being received, read, acknowledged and downloaded. Mixmax helps me have a much better read on the engagement level I have with different clients, and helps me know which channel to use to progress the relationship.

Pros

Being in a sales role, it's important I see how my prospects and clients are interacting with my emails. It's useful to know whether they've opened, clicked, downloaded, and also how many times and what days/times they've opened the email. It is a proxy for how serious they are about our communications and moving forward with a sale.

Cons

Setting Mixmax reminders isn't as intuitive as I'd like, but once you figure it out, it makes sense.

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Free Version Helpful, But With Issues

It has a lot of advanced functionality, but the basic scrolling issues and popup made it annoying over time.

Pros

I liked that I could integrate my calendar availability into an email just by typing /a. My Google calendar would pop up and I could decide which time slots I wanted to tell the email recipient I had available. Those slots would then appear in the email with a button for them to book a time.

Cons

When I was replying to an email and wanted to scroll down through their original content, MixMax just fights you on the scrolling movement down. It's why I eventually uninstalled the software because I just hated not being able to easily scroll down.

Also, whenever the mouse hit the wrong part of the top right side of the email compose screen, there would be a popup that came up and blocked the screen. I frequently had to stop and click it to continue writing. It drove me nuts.

Karlan

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Least clunky Gmail plug-in I've used

Pros

Super easy to log emails to SFDC without slowing down my Gmail account. Additionally, tons of additional features that I wasn't expecting, like a meeting scheduling link, email templates, etc.

Cons

Nothing jarring comes to mind - if I had to nit-pick, MixMax has error'd out one or two times when I've tried to add new contacts to SFDC from Gmail, but nothing that a quick Gmail refresh can't fix.

JOSEPH

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

MixMax - great value for the money

MixMax is an essential part of my everyday communication with clients, as well as follow up and mass distribution of information to them. It's a one stop shop for my needs in those regards, and I have recommended to several of my clients.

Pros

The program provides as advertised, and is very diligent in not only adding new useful features but also keeping us apprised of them.

Cons

Quite honestly, I do not have any negatives that come to mind easily. Perhaps the "sequence" function could be a bit clearer as to the process. But that's probably just nit picking.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review and for recommending us to your clients!

Replied 21/11/2018

Reviewed on 14/04/2019

Very satisfied

People spend a lot of time doing emails - most business goes through emails. Mixmax has helped us be more efficient and build scalable processes.

Pros

The feature we enjoy the most is being able to predict the best time send an email. This improves the response rate. Scheduling call by sharing the calendar on the body of the email is tremendous help as well. Support has also been super quick and extremely informative. They know what they are doing.

Cons

Sometimes the chrome extension for gmail does not display clicks and other metrics and one has to login to the mixmax website for a detailed view. In addition, it is not always straightforward adding special packages (e.g., custom branding).

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Great timesaver and reminder

My overall experience with Mixmax has been outstanding and I use it everyday.

Pros

Mixmax has many great features, but I use it most to remind me of e-mails that I need to send.

Cons

While it is great for tracking customers, I would like to see it available for those of us who do not need to track the opening of e-mails. I don't need my colleagues to know that I am checking in on whether they read their e-mails or not.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. It sounds like you want to turn off email tracking. If that's correct, email tracking is a feature that can be turned off.

Replied 20/12/2018
Francis
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Upgrade your e mail

With MixMax I am able to be more effective and automate my e mail to increase productivity and boost sales. I strongly recommend it!

Pros

MixMax is the best. I highly recommend it to everyone. Basically, it will make your e mails process more efficient. You can make your available free times for a call, due to Google calendar integrations. Also, it will check your grammar, spelling, remind you to follow up on lost e mails

It is basically a productivity machine.

Cons

You need to pay for the full version, but the free version provides all the basic functionalities.

The only con would be that reminders on un replied mails spam your inbox. Notifications could be improved there.

Spencer

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

I love this application!

Made me far more productive.

Pros

The reminder features on it for for emails are amazing. I mean people used to just not reply to my emails and I couldnt keep track of everything going on as I was constantly working on multiple projects. This totally solved it and I would not be able to be even 1/15 as productive without this software.

Cons

It sometimes has odd bugs in the email client, I am not sure why but for the most part it seems like that has been resolved. I havent seen any issues in awhile.

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Tracking opens so there is no stress!

Being able to follow up with prospects and clients at appropriate timing due to the tracker being installed. It's a great tool.

Pros

I love the tracking feature, as well as the preview service they provide when pasting Droplr links into emails. It makes it really easy to use and I know exactly when to follow up with clients.

Cons

If the integration becomes disconnected sometimes I don't notice so Ill have to make sure when I clear my cache and cookies that I reinstall. Nothing that big through - Mixmax is great!

Tim
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Absolutely fantastic, really!

Pros

I can't rave about MixMax enough. We used Yesware for years and it worked great, bu MixMax really blew it out of the water. The day-to-day features we use the most are easily adding availability to emails where customers can book in one click, scheduling reminders, and the Salesforce integration. I'd say though, what we like most, is the reporting. Being able to see activity and also see when reminders are set to bounce back so you can redistribute if you have too many is super helpful. I'd highly recommend giving a trial for a spin. I don't think you'll turn back!

Cons

Two nice-to-haves would be to be able to trigger automations on data directly from salesforce and being able to have a bit more advanced user permissioning for admins.

JP.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Easy to integrate with Gsuite

It's been a great experience since day 1.
I am particularly using the templates feature of the free version which optimizes my day like a champ.
I get instant notifications when people open my emails and I can easily keep track of the lead.
I highly recommend this tool!

Pros

This sales/marketing tool works like a marvel when integrated with Gsuite. The control panel is very easy to use and the free version gives you a lot of very useful features.

Cons

The way they attach attachments on emails.