Lessonly Reviews

About Lessonly

Lessonly by Seismic is a cloud-based learning management system that allows users to build, share and track training materials and activity from a singular interface. It is primarily used by customer service teams, sales teams,...

4.8

Browse Lessonly Reviews

Tom
Tom
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

Lessonly Is The Best Training Management Software

Lessonly has been a great experience for our company and we continue to use it. It has allowed our employees to learn more about the recruiting industry and it is easy to access all the lessons that you have been given.

Pros

It allows you to easily access and complete assignments fast and it has a great design and an excellent support system.

Cons

I can't think of anything as I am just a user listening to lessons

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

The Goldilocks of LMS Software

Before committing to Lessonly, I looked into quite a few LMS solutions. I found this to be the perfect middle ground in terms of price and features. It's really suited for a smallish (under 50 employees company), though I believe they have other plans for larger businesses or teams. Beyond just features, I couldn't be happier with their support. I never found their sales team be pushy which is always a wonderful bonus. They also have quite a few meetup events with company reps which I'm a big fan of.

Pros

-From the pitch to implementation, their support was fantastic. They really helped to make sure this would suit our needs and after signing the contract, they followed up to set up a few meetings to make sure we fully understood how to use it to its full capacity.

-It's extremely straightforward and easy to use for both administrators and learners. It was so simple I felt like I was missing something, but they assured me that wasn't the case :)

-It offers a lot of information and lessons on how to actually train and improve your training process at no additional cost. This has proven to be a really invaluable resource and has improved our training program and saved time in developing it.

-I love that it integrates with Zendesk.

Cons

-I wish it allowed for some more customization or formatting variation.

-Though you can easily embed videos, you can't host them through Lessonly. We knew this going in so it obviously wasn't a dealbreaker, but it would be nice.

-As an administrator, I really wish it was possible to create a grading key. I find I create a lot more multiple choice quizzes because it's just too hard to grade written answers.

Felix
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Lots of functions in a single LMS

Pros

Excellent for small and medium companies, it is a great tool oriented to corporate training, but not so for online institutes or schools,. You can get started very quickly without a huge learning .

Cons

Make sure you have all the content and workflow well organized before using this tool, sometimes it is very difficult to look for information in the LMS, definitely need more customization in terms of formatting the content. They should improve the use of templates.

Top Lessonly Alternatives

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 21/01/2023

Lessonly is amazing

Pros

I like how welcoming and friendly lessonly is to use. It's easy to dive in and experiment with modules without feeling overwhelmed by customizations. It's easy to see what you've created, give profiles to authors and reviewers, and stay organized with a massive staff roster.

Cons

Specifically user management can be tricky. Depending on how you import or create users, sometimes after an inactive period, access is archived to free up a license which can create frustration during times of company wide learning.

Kelly
Kelly

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

LLamazing

We have had a wonderful overall experience with Lessonly. Our implementation team has been wonderful, supportive and helpful.

Pros

Lessonly is so very user friendly and easy to navigate. It does not take a lot of product knowledge to be able to create a lesson, which makes it ideal when you have a large amount of content that you need to get added.

Cons

I would love to see some sort of integration with Teams and Knowledge. If someone were to ask a question in Teams it would be great if a lesson or content could be suggested!

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Amazing product for employees!

Training new hires and tenured employees. Testing employee company/product knowledge.

Pros

I use this product for all my new hires and sometimes tenured employees for additional training. The ability to built lessons within different paths is perfect for staying organized and making many different trainings to use continuously. I love that I am able to track my employee's progress within each path too, as well as the ability to test them on their knowledge.

Cons

The technical aspects of moving lessons from path to path is a bit long and could be made easier, maybe a couple of shortcuts could be made to make it a quicker process.

Erin

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Easy to Use - Incredibly Helpful for Onboarding

Pros

I love Lessonly for our new hire onboarding courses. It's easy to create new courses and provides a seamless way for trainers to include self-guided lessons into their training.

Cons

I wish there were better ways to pull individual and departmental reporting identifying courses assigned vs. courses that have been completed, as well as identifying overdue courses per team/per user.

Justin Kyle
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 11/12/2023

The best knowledge based in town

It is easy to learn when your tools is easy to navigate.

Pros

I'd like to commend the Lessonly. It is user friendly and easy to access. All of the the fuction was very useful. We are enjoiyng taking up the lesson. Great job!

Cons

None all of the features are very compatible and easy to use.

Brendan

Reviewed on 11/12/2023

Lessonly Review

Pros

Outstanding interface and options for learning modules

Cons

It is time consuming to build out and organize content

Jomasel
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

Lessonly - trained to be equipped!

Lessonly gets to trained everyone who uses it by providing quality demo, easy navigation, detailes execution and complete equipment or data needed to success. Great job indeed.

Pros

Lessonly is helpful during with our every weekly updates and training courses. Very documented and helps us to fully equipped ourselves before the going on live during the said training phase.

Cons

None as of now, did not encounter an issue at all.

Maija
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Good concept, not so useful for managing large numbers of learners

Pros

I like that Lessonly allows our company to create custom training modules that can be sent out to our network.

Cons

I wish that Lessonly had more user-friendly reporting of completed assignments. Our team monitors completions by regions, with different managers being responsible for learners in different areas of the country, yet there is not a convenient way of sorting completions by location on the platform - one must manually enter the location for each user, then download the reports as a spreadsheet in order to sort by the location field. Sending invitations is also far too manual of a process - needing to type in the name of each learner (as opposed to being able to auto-invite by location or date added) is tedious and can be problematic when two users have the same name but only one needs to be sent an invitation. There's no additional information, such as email address, available in the invite flow to easily differentiate users. Also, many of our learners have reported that the navigation of lessons is not the most convenient. When reviewing previously completed modules, the navigation menu is limited, forcing them to click through numerous pages in order to get to the one they wish to review. As an admin, I also found the chat box that pops up in the corner every time I visit the site to be annoying, with no option to permanently disable it.

Trav
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

Great platform and great people!

I love Lessonly. I'd like to see improvements to the gradebook and have pre-made content available, but neither of these things are dealbreakers. The LlamaNation community is a huge "pro" and one of the biggest differentiators between Lessonly and other LMS platforms. I am proud to be a llama! I highly recommend Lessonly to anyone looking for an intuitive LMS for creating custom content.

Pros

Lessonly's platform is super easy to use to create custom, engaging L&D content. And if you ever get stuck, they have fantastic employees ready to help and a customer community for additional support.

Cons

The ONLY downside to Lessonly is that everything must be created. There is no (to my knowledge) out of the box content. Lessonly should hire us to create that for them!

Olivia
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Super user friendly

We launched a new training program with Lessonly. Their onboarding with us was excellent - super supportive and patient with our long decision making process. Their customer support is super responsive and great to work with.

Pros

Really easy to build lessons without a lot of technical know-how. It is quick to get content in, publish, and assign out to users.
The interface is very clean and self-explanatory to use.

Cons

Some of their texts options are limited (colours, sizing).
You can't copy and paste whole sections of content from one course to another easily.

Keenan

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

Easy to use with a great support team.

We looked at a few tools to help us provide better training to our new hires and existing employees. None were as easy to use and nicely designed as Lessonly. The user experience is our main priority, and that's where Lessonly has a huge leg up over their competition.

There are some features we'd like to have, and we've had an opportunity to share our feedback during the entire sales/onboarding process. We even had a chance to share feedback directly with members of their leadership team. Everyone has been friendly, responsive, and seem to genuinely care about our overall experience.

Their customer support has been top-notch as well. Extremely helpful and speedy in their replies. Recently, a bug I submitted was fixed within hours, with a nice follow up email to confirm. So where certain features lack, they make up for in a great experience. I feel like I can trust them to keep improving their software.

Pros

UI/UX design. Customer service.

Cons

Would love a more intuitive experience navigating around the gradebook or managing existing lessons.

PDF export of grade data is also something we'd love to see.

Andrea

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Love Lessonly!

Pros

We love using this for our learning platform. It’s simple & employees like the ease of use

Cons

Some of the applications aren’t very user friendly

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Solid tool for training your employees

Pros

It's a nice tool that lets you set up learning tools for your end users to use and go over learn from.
I set up a whole IT course for new users to do as part of their onboarding process. We also use in conjunction with our broader company-wide onboarding set up

Cons

the only thing I can think of could use a little work on is the user management, i think it could be a little better and easier to add users and as well as remove them too.

Nicole

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Fantastic Learning Management System

I've been using Lesson.ly for a year and a half and I've had an incredibly positive experience. The platform itself is simple to use and the team behind it has been fantastic.

Pros

Simplistic to use

Cons

Could use a more robust reporting tool on the front end

Reviewed on 04/10/2018

Lessonly makes enablement fun and easy

Lessonly helps our entire team to maintain knowledge levels and quickly disperses new information and teachings.

Pros

I like the intuitiveness of the lessons. Everything is very easy to follow along, even when multiple forms of media are used (i.e - text, video, graphs, etc). I also really like the reminders that my lesson is due ;)

Cons

I had to download a separate app for recording demo's. I wish I could use the tracking/recording software I already use and integrate it with Lessonly.

Fabiana

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

Best customer service EVER!

We started using Lesson.ly over a year ago and the experience was amazing. The grading station is my favorite. You can sort out users through groups, courses, etc. You can even export the grade book to an Excell Sheet (super easy to do). The best part though, is the AMAZING customer service experience I had. When I first couldn't use it, two-three demo were scheduled by Jacey. We had some pricing issues and the team's approach was amazing as well. They truly put the customer first!!

Pros

Grade book and easy-to-make lessons.

Cons

If you're just looking for an assessment tool, you're getting too many unnecessary features.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 21/10/2018

Selfeducation done easy

Pros

Lessonly simplifies tracking and organizing big volumes of information and makes easy assignments of members with its friendly UI. Perfect for small to mid sized business.

Cons

I haven't found any issues personally, some colleagues however, have shared they've noticed small issues with formatting, but nothing to big.

MJ
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

The entire site is very rudimentary with functions that are literally broken

communal access to procedural info but I can do that through google docs

Pros

I do like the interface and how easy it is to navigate, i like that you have intercom but is takes too long to get someone to help

Cons

broken search functions, unintelligent functionality of some of the features, funny because as i type the characters in the box are not counting up as they should.

Alyssa

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

Learning/Training made easy

Pros

Great online training and learning resource for remote or in-person teams

Cons

love everything so far customer service has been great for any small questions or assistance

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Easy to use for managers and sales reps

Pros

Easy to build additional lessons as needed.. Software is simple for reps to log into and complete the training as required.

Cons

Nothing really. Perhaps the software can add features that provides best in class lessons for users and their customers.

Carolyn

Reviewed on 18/11/2016

Why I like using Lesson ly

As a supervisor in Customer Service, we look for various tools that will help our cs reps do their jobs as efficiently as possible. We have been using Lessonly for nearly a year, and we have had excellent results using it. The reps are able to check their progress and work immediately and go back over any incorrect answers. The supervisors are able to assign and reassign as necessary. Lessonly has been a real asset to our department!

Pros

* Ease of use
* Can create a Lessonly on any topic

Cons

* N/A

Tim
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 14/04/2017

I LOVE this software

Pros

User friendly, really effective.
I've used Lessonly in two different organizations and I love it. It's the easiest way to onboard new employees, and (as an employee who has been onboarded with it), it's way more effective than traditional methods. Also, super user-friendly.

Cons

I'm sure there could be more functionality, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.