About Lessonly

Lessonly by Seismic is a cloud-based learning management system that allows users to build, share and track training materials and activity from a singular interface. It is primarily used by customer service teams, sales teams,...

Browse Lessonly Reviews

Maija P. Maija P.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Good concept, not so useful for managing large numbers of learners

Pros

I like that Lessonly allows our company to create custom training modules that can be sent out to our network.

Cons

I wish that Lessonly had more user-friendly reporting of completed assignments. Our team monitors completions by regions, with different managers being responsible for learners in different areas of the country, yet there is not a convenient way of sorting completions by location on the platform - one must manually enter the location for each user, then download the reports as a spreadsheet in order to sort by the location field. Sending invitations is also far too manual of a process - needing to type in the name of each learner (as opposed to being able to auto-invite by location or date added) is tedious and can be problematic when two users have the same name but only one needs to be sent an invitation. There's no additional information, such as email address, available in the invite flow to easily differentiate users. Also, many of our learners have reported that the navigation of lessons is not the most convenient. When reviewing previously completed modules, the navigation menu is limited, forcing them to click through numerous pages in order to get to the one they wish to review. As an admin, I also found the chat box that pops up in the corner every time I visit the site to be annoying, with no option to permanently disable it.

Melina P. Melina P.

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Great Solution for Online Training

We use Lesson.ly to help provide training to all of our employees; however, it has been most helpful to train our field staff who we do not see in the office that often. We are able to provide information to this group and ask them a few questions to attach accountability to them for knowing or being aware of policy changes, common issues in the field, and safety topics. We are also planning to offer blocks of training to new employees based on their position in the company to assist in orientation and beyond.
I would also like to comment on the customer support. I like that I can send one of my reps a quick email to describe an issue I'm having and I get a fast response. I don't think I've ever waited more than an hour... usually it is just a few minutes. I appreciate that.

Pros

Flexibility to train on any topic, technical support, contact with my rep, feel like I am a partner and not one of many customers

Cons

I would like to have more capabilities like on PowerPoint to jazz up the lessons (colorful backgrounds, effects, etc.).

Meagan M. Meagan M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

What did I do with my life before Lessonly?

if you have anyone in your company that's remotely-based, lessonly is a godsend. so easy, very fair pricing, and wonderful support/CSMs. two thumbs up!

Pros

constantly improving (been with them for 1.5 years and they constantly release new features), love that their decisions are research-based and some of their workforce are academics who have studied learning/teaching techniques. SO EASY to just write a lesson... adding people is easy, managing teams is easy (especially with the upgraded version, you can "hide" irrelevant lessons from separate teams). recently improved search and UI of the learning library was much appreciated. you can embed gifs, images, videos, sound clips, etc into lessons to make it as interactive as possible. our CSM is always around to help with 1:1 advice and the general support team is wonderful as well!

Cons

creating and managing tags leaves something to be desired - just not as intuitive as other parts of the platform. otherwise i still yeard for an easier way to manage lessons, something VISUAL like a tree or flowchart to quickly understand what lessons exist under what paths/teams - that's pretty minor though and not nearly a dealbreaker

Top Lessonly Alternatives

Diane W. Diane W.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

eLearning made simple

With Lesson.ly's intuitive platform anyone can create engaging online learning. Their built-in styles give you the most desired editing functions -- for example, callouts and having images that the learner simply clicks to enlarge. You can create content quickly and collaboratively without worrying about formatting or authoring tools.

As an instructional designer, I especially appreciate being able to deliver small chunks of material. It means that learners aren't waiting for a full course in order to get training. It makes keeping content up to date isn't a huge project. And it encourages learners to take and retake lessons when they need them.

However, having a lot of smaller lessons as opposed to fewer large courses makes working with the catalog a little challenging. I've needed to rethink how to structure and manage content. It still feels a little clunky, and I think a large catalog may prove difficult. However, Lesson.ly has also been making improvements.

And that brings me to my last point. The Lesson.ly team is fantastic. They are invested in your success, and it shows in everything they do. When you are working in the platform, they are just a click away. They listen. And they follow through.

If you're looking to build out informal or subscription types of learning, I definitely recommend trying out Lesson.ly.

Pros

Ease of use.
Great support.

Cons

Content catalog is a bit clunky. With lots of small lessons, it's hard to visualize what is in the catalog.

Reviewed on 09/09/2018

Good for remote teams onboarding

We started to spend 60%! less time on remote teams onboarding, so it's got easier to adjust out business to changing technology demands.

Pros

Out onboarding plan had been a difficult to manage Excel spreadsheet for a long time.
Eventually, I was able to persuade management to use some more appropriate solution.
We compared Lessonly vs WorkRamp and lessonly was the winner because of more reach features set.
Thanks to feature that allow to track trainers activity, we were able to motivate experienced employees to create a number of training materials (most of people were able to use the app right away, without any training) and reward top performers.

Cons

Some of trainers reported they experienced formatting issues when creating complex training materials.

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Amazing product for employees!

Training new hires and tenured employees. Testing employee company/product knowledge.

Pros

I use this product for all my new hires and sometimes tenured employees for additional training. The ability to built lessons within different paths is perfect for staying organized and making many different trainings to use continuously. I love that I am able to track my employee's progress within each path too, as well as the ability to test them on their knowledge.

Cons

The technical aspects of moving lessons from path to path is a bit long and could be made easier, maybe a couple of shortcuts could be made to make it a quicker process.

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Lessonly - Review

Pros

It's a fantastic contemporary e-learning platform that has immaculate UX design that works very intuitively.

Cons

It's focus is restricted to professional training, expanded functionality to work with other Platforms like Moodle would be useful.

Moodle

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Easy to Get Lessons Stood Up

Pros

This is very easy to use software and takes little to get set up. You have to commit to getting the right information in there, but the software does its job to make your life easy when doing so.

Cons

The customization of certain functions leaves some to still be desired.

Heather M. Heather M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Lessonly is a wonderful teaching tool!

Pros

Lessonly has a fantastic search tool to be able to reference specific lessons by keywords.

Cons

When you share lessons with team members via email, the lessons don't always make it to the team member or they end up out of order.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 21/10/2018

Selfeducation done easy

Pros

Lessonly simplifies tracking and organizing big volumes of information and makes easy assignments of members with its friendly UI. Perfect for small to mid sized business.

Cons

I haven't found any issues personally, some colleagues however, have shared they've noticed small issues with formatting, but nothing to big.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Great way to organize training

Pros

Easy to set up lessons, training courses, and user groups to make sure everyone is getting the best training for what they need, and nothing that is irrelevant. Easy to embed videos and training slides.

Cons

Trainings and quizzes lack a lot of customization functionality, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Helps with Training new and old reps

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a quiz and to monitor results. We use lessonly to quiz our sales floor after weekly lunch and learn trainings and it helps us keep everyone certified.

Cons

No issues at all. It does exactly what we need it to.

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Lessonly was great during training at my new job!

Overall, Lessonly has been great! Would definitely recommend for any type of training

Pros

Lessonly was a great tool for training/onboarding in my current role. Since we are work from home, it was hard to have quizzes or lesson overviews with our group. Lessonly made it super easy. You could just go in and answer directly on your computer and you could see your responses after you submit for when you review the answers with the group.

Cons

There were a few glitches connecting the screen record and the audio record at times (I know a few people had these issues multiple times). I am not sure if it is because we use macs, but I had to restart my computer/chrome a couple times but then I eventually got it to work.

Felix F. Felix F.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Lots of functions in a single LMS

Pros

Excellent for small and medium companies, it is a great tool oriented to corporate training, but not so for online institutes or schools,. You can get started very quickly without a huge learning .

Cons

Make sure you have all the content and workflow well organized before using this tool, sometimes it is very difficult to look for information in the LMS, definitely need more customization in terms of formatting the content. They should improve the use of templates.

Annie Y. Annie Y.

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

Lesson.ly is an awesomely cohesive product!

From a creation standpoint, Lessonly had been incredible easy to use and allows me to integrate creativity into my lessons. I have fun creating the lesson and enjoy receiving feedback from my colleagues. From a learners standpoint, I appreciate Lessonly because it allows for a different kind of learning experience. It also allows me to take my time and really absorb the information. I love that there is learning center Dashboard that I can access at any time. Lessonly has been a wonderful addition to my company and I would definitely recommend this product.

Pros

The speed and functionality

Cons

The limitations in overall script formatting.

Miranda T. Miranda T.

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Lessonly is great!

Lessonly has been a great way for us to help our shoppers become the best of the best! It's easy to use, and the customer support is fantastic.

Margaret H. Margaret H.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Lesson.ly for the WIN!

From day one, the team at Lesson.ly has gone above and beyond helping us scale our company and, most importantly, our culture across three different locations and a variety of teams here. With their help, we've seen success and an increase in onboarding, productivity and general team development. Whenever we have a question, Lucy is always availible to chat, offer suggestions based on other client's successes and problem-solving. We've been able to use what we've built cross-functionally to develop easier, quicker and more personal connections with new team members.

Johnny P. Johnny P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

Learning made accessible

Pros

Lessonly is a great way to learn new policies, practices, and information. I enjoy that is has options to read and learn, and then be tested at the end to see what stuck and see where you could improve.

Cons

I haven't used very much learning software so I'm hesitant to say that Lessonly is the best.

Shivani B. Shivani B.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Great Learning Tool!

I have only recently started using Lesson.ly, but it is so intuitive and easy to use! Being able to capture knowledge is a powerful capability, and Lesson.ly allows us to ensure that everyone can share and contribute to this knowledge. I have built informative and engaging Lesson.ly's that I can share with colleagues and clients, and I am extremely happy with its design and user interface.

Linda T. Linda T.

Reviewed on 13/11/2016

Lesson.ly

Learning curve difficulty for Lesson.ly has been multiple users on my end not all on the same page. Lesson.ly is a much better than products/systems then I have used in the past. Once the reins, at my end, are pulled in and all are on the same page, Lesson.ly will function just fine. Thank you though for constantly working on updates and functions to improve - nice!

Chris B. Chris B.

Reviewed on 04/01/2017

An absolutely fantastic tool!

We use Lessonly to teach incoming professionals the ways of our industry, and I couldn't be happier with ease of use! There is no shortage of options for taking your learners on a journey of understanding and the ability to use this interactive, yet independent, tool as a teaching aid greatly increases retention. Thanks, Lessonly!

Sissy S. Sissy S.

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Lessonly is great!

I used Lessonly at a prior company, and it made a huge difference in the learning process. Definitely, recommend downloading the trial and getting your hands dirty with it! It has a very simple UI which encourages users to complete courses and not get frustrated with the clunkiness of software.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

Great tool for on boarding and training!

Pros

Could very easily setup training for new hires as well as monitor the on boarding process.

Cons

Took some time to setup properly but once implemented worked great.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pretty great onboarding software for training

Pros

It is refreshing to have one place to go to in order to get all the information necessary for onboarding as a new hire. It is also nice to have a place to learn new materials as they become available for the company.

Cons

The UI is pretty basic and there are not a lot of bells and whistles which is disappointing for a learning software.

Jacqui R. Jacqui R.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 17/11/2016

Great Resource!

Lessonly is a great way to organize thoughts and ideas and spread to a large group of folks. It's easy to use and visually pleasing too - great tool!

Pros

Ease of use, aesthetically pleasing

Cons

none