About When I Work

When I Work is a cloud-based employee scheduling solution that helps organizations track time and attendance, create and edit employee schedules, add new jobs to the calendar, review timesheets and fill shifts. When I Work lets...

Browse When I Work Reviews

1,002 of 1,002 reviews
Christopher

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

When I Work User

Pros

The When I Work software is great at keeping track of my work schedule. On the Dashboard, it notifies me of my next upcoming shift, the date, and the time. It tells at which location I am working and what my position will be. It also tells what coworkers that I am working with during that shift. I can go into the schedule tab of the software and see what days during the week I am working. The software will also tally up my total hours that I will work per week. This is helpful because it allows me to see who is working and who is not so I can get a shift covered. The software also allows me to put in requests in advance of dates that I want to request off.

Cons

The availability scheduling feature takes some time to learn how to navigate. It is somewhat difficult to fully schedule availability. If you make a mistake and accidentally alter the availability for one day you have to go back to that day and fix it before adjusting your availability.

Response from When I Work

Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. I am glad When I Work helps you keep track of your shifts, the shifts of your coworkers, and helps with getting the time off you need!

If you have any questions about Availability Preferences please submit a ticket, we are happy to assist!

Replied 14/02/2020
Jackie
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

When I work

Pros

My office used when I work for about a year, we have since transitioned to another software, but we still use when i work for scheduling (im not sure why) but I greatly prefer when i work, it is very easy to use, clocking in and out is a breeze. The scheduling is very easy to see and use and requesting time off is very easy.

Cons

This software would glitch somewhat frequently but it was nothing major, most of the time it just took a few extra seconds to clock in / out. But overall I really liked using this software as an all in one.

Response from When I Work

Hello Jackie,

This is Ben from When I Work Customer Care. We greatly appreciate your positive review. I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed using our software and that your office has decided to keep utilizing our service for your scheduling needs.

If you ever need any assistance at all or wish to provide feedback, you may feel free to open up a ticket at anytime. https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/

Thanks again for your review and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Cheers,

Ben

Replied 08/12/2022
Gareth

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

Avoid At All Costs

We have had an awful experience with When I Work who lied about the capability of the software and API. We continued to use the software, as a small charity, we had invested a lot of money into the system. When one of the key features of the software stopped working we were unbale to use this. The support was awful and was unable to fix the issue. This lead us having to moved to a bespoke system and additional cost and time pressures. When I work refused to refund any of the annual payment we have made.

Pros

What we were told the product could do.

Cons

What the product did. We were told the software and API would do things it could not do.

Response from When I Work

Hi there, Im sorry to hear you are having issues with the API. Can you submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can work to resolve this? We're here to help.

Replied 16/01/2023

Top When I Work Alternatives

Katja
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

My favorite scheduling app that I've used so far!

I have used When I Work at two different places of employment and prefer it over other scheduling applications, such as ADP.

Pros

When I Work is very simple to use and easy to navigate. My current or upcoming schedule always shows up as soon as I log into the app, and I can easily view my upcoming shifts and approve them. Putting in requests and setting my availability is also very straightforward. Finally, I enjoy the messaging feature, which is helpful for communicating with a whole team or with individuals whom I haven't shared contact information with yet.

Cons

Sometimes When I Work logs me out of the app and I am forced to log in again, which can be inconvenient if I don't have my password saved or written down. When I cancel a shift, it still shows up in my Concluded Requests, as well as my employer's requests for me, which I feel is a bit unnecessary. I would prefer if it just showed up in mine but not in my employer's requests. I also wish my shifts from previous weeks were still available to view.

Response from When I Work

Hi, Katja Thank you for leaving such a positive review. We appreciate your time and support!

Replied 27/10/2022
Larissa

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

Honest Review

Pros

This software allows us, administrators, to monitor the times of clocking in from each staff member. We have access on our phones, and you can set up any alerts you get, such as late clocking in, no-shows, whenever a staff works multiple departments and is approaching overtime, etc. It is user-friendly, and we do not regret getting it.

Cons

When there are updates made, sometimes, it doesn't give us the correct times collected in the time sheet.

Response from When I Work

Hello Larissa,

This is Ben from When I Work Customer Care. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback on our service. I'm glad that you've found our software user-friendly and that it's made a positive impact on your workflow.

We'd be happy to help at anytime if you ever need any assistance with our software or if you wish to provide feedback. A ticket can be opened up with: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/

Thanks again for your review and I hope you have a wonderful day. Happy scheduling!

Best regards,

Ben

Replied 08/12/2022
Rebekah

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Practical and User Friendly

Overall very happy with this app as it is something that for sure makes my life easier. I believe 100% of the staff have downloaded the app as well and they get instant notifications when there are any changes made to their schedules which is nice!

Pros

I love how user friendly it is. I manage a large group of staff and am constantly on both the app and the webpage making modifications to staff schedules and checking who is at what clinic. I am able to change or modify schedules both on the computer and from my mobile app in just seconds.

Cons

From the mobile app I am unable to “zero” out a staff schedule for instance on days they call out however I can do it from the computer. Not sure what the issue is but would be nice if this is fixed.

Response from When I Work

Hi Rebekah,

Thanks for reaching out with this feedback. We're very happy to hear that When I Work has made managing schedules via the web and mobile app easy, as well as providing visibility into coverage and allowing employees the ability to view notifications instantly.

In regard to how to best handle a call out via mobile, can you please submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/? Our team would be happy to look into this for you!

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Replied 18/01/2023
Lisa
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Fast & convenient WhenIwork app

Pros

This app was very easy to learn! I don’t use all the features available but I use many of them & it works beautifully

Cons

There’s not much I don’t like about this app!

Response from When I Work

Hi there,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback. We are always looking for ways for the app to be easy and efficient way for our Users.

Replied 04/01/2023
Jonathan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 20/01/2023

Pros

Easy to manage multiple employees quickly. Easy drag and drop solution for timesheets, which helps us get things done for so many drivers quickly.

Cons

Sometimes punches didn’t work properly. The mobile form sometimes didn’t show up on Android.

Response from When I Work

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for reaching out with this feedback! We're very happy to hear that When I Work has made managing timesheets easy for you and your team!

We'd love to connect further on time punches on Android devices. Please reach out to our Customer Care team by submitting a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. We'd be happy to assist!

Thanks gain for giving us a review!

Farrah

Replied 23/01/2023
Nathan

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

When I Work makes it easy to govern schedules and count time

Overall, When I Work is a solid application that is great for the standard employee that works hourly shifts.

Pros

When I Work makes it easy to clock in, clock out, check how many hours work, and also ensure that clocking in happens at site of work via location services.

Cons

When I Work has many features that may not be used by every organization.

Response from When I Work

Hello there,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it! We are glad to hear that you are making use of our clock-in/clock-out features and that Timesheets and Location Requirements are working for your Workplace! I definitely understand how not all features may be of use to all Workplaces! We appreciate your feedback!

Replied 04/01/2023
Laura
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Super easy to use!

Pros

I really liked how intuitive the app is for new users to clock in and out.

Cons

I think they could be some more features added, very simple right now

Response from When I Work

Hi Laura,

Sarah here from the Care Team at When I Work.

Thank you for reviewing the When I Work app and providing feedback regarding our features.

If you have any specific suggestions for features that you'd like to see added to the app, please submit a ticket to our Care Team by visiting https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. We appreciate insight and track and respond to every feature request.

Take care,

Replied 01/12/2022
Erin

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Scheduling made simple

Overall we have loved using When I Work. It makes scheduling seamless and reduces the amount of time we spend on employee schedules. We also really love the reminders and text alerts as it makes it easy to communicate with our team quickly when things change.

Pros

When I Work is so easy to use, it is simple to add employees, great for creating shift templates and the chat features and shift drop applications make changing the schedule simple for employees. As a manager these features are awesome as they reduce the amount of time that I spend re-working the schedule.

Cons

The only challenge we have faced is that we don't have access to the task list as we don't pay for this version of the application. We would love to try it out to see if it is a good value add for us.

Schedulefly

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

We liked how easy it was to use, and how many add ons there are included with the basic account.

Response from When I Work

Hi Erin -

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review!

I'm so happy to hear features we offer like Shift Swaps & Drops and WorkChat have been so useful for you. It's awesome to hear that scheduling has gotten easier as well!

We'd be happy to discuss our Tasks feature and see what options are available for you. Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thanks so much for this lovely review!

Replied 18/03/2020
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Takes the work out of scheduling

We have been incredibly happy with the program. We went from spending 8-10 hours scheduling each month to 1-2

Pros

It is incredibly easy for both the employee to enter their availability and the manager to appropriately schedule. We love that we cant schedule somebody if they mark themselves unavailable, avoids confusion and holds the employee accountable

Cons

The inability to attach files to an email

Sling

Reasons for Choosing When I Work

We were creating our own schedule utilizing excel spreadsheets, this left open a ton of room for human error

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

The video training was so easy to understand and charming, it was a no brainer

Response from When I Work

Hi Sarah,

Anna here from When I Work Customer Care. Thank you for taking a minute to leave us a review! I definitely understand how the ability to attach a file to a group email could improve When I Work. We have just released a new feature called Document Storage that your team may be interested in. I've linked an article that outlines the feature below.

Thanks again for leaving us a review. We're happy to hear that When I Work is saving you time and preventing confusion. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/.

Have a great day,
Anna

Replied 23/11/2019
Shannon
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

Acceptable product quality but poor service

I've been using it so long I don't remember the sales and implementation process. It's probably time to start shopping for a new solution, but I can't be bothered because my staff are used to it and it basically does what's it's supposed to.

Pros

It is fairly easy to build the schedule every week and staff get notified right away. The time off feature works really well. I like the "Open Shifts" feature for weeks when we are short staffed.

Cons

So many things, but mostly that I have used it for 7 years and it has hardly evolved. Or at least when they do add features, you almost always have to pay for them. I made some changes a few years ago that broke somethings and tried to get someone on the phone and was basically told that I dont' qualify for phone support. They didn't solve my issue (I'm just tolerating it). Kind of annoying considering that I hav epaid about $8400 USD for this software over the past 7 years. I feel I'm worth a 15 minute phone call to troubleshoot my issues and make it work better for me.

Response from When I Work

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our application. We love and appreciate hearing feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our product to best support all of our customers.

I am sorry to hear there seems to be an issue that has not been resolved for you. We are very happy to help correct this. We do have a Live Chat option for live support that can be very useful real time.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly anytime you need us. We are always here and happy to assist in the most effecient way possible!

Again, we definitely appreciate the feedback and look forward to continuing to serve your Scheduling and Time Keeping needs.

Respectfully,
Ethan

Replied 09/09/2021

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Great scheduling app with tons of features!

Scheduling is EXTREMELY easy! Long gone are the days of paper postings and random email messages. It is VERY nice being able to reference your entire schedule from the moment it is posted, going all the way back to your initial employment. Even those with little to no computer experience can use it fairly easily.

Pros

It is EXTREMELY easy for the end-user to utilize this software. There are also some pretty good mobile applications that it offers which makes tracking your schedule very easy!

Cons

There are a lot of overly-helpful tips and suggestions that constantly spam the administrators' email accounts and scheduling interfaces. (Essentially the company does this to assist the administrators, but there is no way to stop it, which makes it very annoying after awhile). The mobile application can also be buggy at times, and the website schedule does not work properly on mobile phones that don't have a "desktop view", as the website does not have a mobile version designed for it. This forces you to use the mobile app on mobile devices unless your mobile phone can display it in a "desktop view". On a normal computer interface, this works just fine.

Response from When I Work

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to review our app. We are glad to hear that When I Work is making scheduling easier for you and your team.

If you are having trouble unsubscribing to our emails, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to help get you unsubscribed on our end.

At this time When I Work is only supported on our web app via computer or or on mobile apps on Android and iOS devices. Our team is prioritizing consistency and parity between our web and mobile apps. I would make sure that you have the most updated version of the mobile app for the latest enhancements we have made.

Thanks,

Adrian
When I Work Team

Replied 12/03/2018
Pam

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

When I Work made scheduling and communicating to all employees a breeze!

Pros

The ease of the program. It was very user-friendly. Scheduling used to take 2 hours, but it was cut down to 30 minutes with WhenIWork. I love that I could customize the shifts. I especially loved that employees had to acknowledge their shifts. There was no more miscommunication that an employee didn't see their schedule. It's also been a great tool to get staff on the same page. The ability to message everyone at once was awesome. Plus the program tells you which employees have viewed the messages. It also has the option for employees to clock in via the app and you can link it with payroll. Employees are able to submit requests for time-off or vacations. Everything you need is in one place. The customer support team is available immediately through their live chat. They have always been very helpful and friendly. Absolutely a wonderful program!

Cons

The only thing I would modify is to have the ability to block off certain dates for requests. That way an employee wouldn't be able to request off Black Friday for example.

Response from When I Work

Hi there Pam!

Thanks for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you find so much value in When I Work!

In addition, we do have a way to block off days that you don't want your users to request off.

You can create a Schedule Annotation in 'Week View' by clicking the 'Chat Bubble' icon next to the date. You will just need to fill in the details of the annotation and select the box for 'Don't Allow Time Off'.

Here is a guide that walks you through that: http://bit.ly/2nzroHJ

Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] with any questions :)

Kara

Replied 03/02/2018
Amanda

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Revolutionized our Scheduling Process

We used to manually schedule all staff at our child care programs. When a regular staff called in sick or requested vacation we used to have to call, text and email each individual on call or float staff to see who was available and if they could work at the location we needed. When I Work allows us to be a lot more efficient in this process. It also allows for better communication with all staff through features such as work chat, and announcements.

The customer service provided from the initial demo to setting up our team was exceptional. Our rep was always available to answer our questions or educate us about new features that might be useful to us. Our rep worked with us to use the features that worked best for us. When I Work also provides ready to go resources that you can send out to teams that include everything from how to set up your account, see open shifts, swap/drop shifts etc.

Pros

The ability to post open shifts as revolutionized our ability to communicate with and mobilize our on call staff. By posting an open shift On Call and float staff see the shift right away and are able to pick up shifts that fit with their schedules. The ease of posting open shifts has drastically decreased the time spent trying to find staff to fill gaps in schedules. With over 150 employees and 44 locations we are able to post the addresses of each location that allow staff to pull up a map to the site.

Cons

At this time the product is serving us very well. When I Work continues to add new features and provides detailed descriptions and instructions to these features.

Response from When I Work

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for this detailed and thoughtful review! We love hearing about some of your favorite features and how your team utilizes OpenShifts and new features as they become available!

Replied 10/10/2020
Lisa

Reviewed on 05/02/2018

Makes scheduling super easy!

Pros

This product is super straight forward and very user-friendly. It is very easy to use the scheduler as well as keep up with employee hours on the Time Tracker. You can easily edit attendance if your employee forgets to clock out and sending messages to the whole group is super easy with the group message feature.

The online based platform is great and the app is the perfect way to post the schedule without having to send out emails of spreadsheets etc. Notifications come straight to your phone regarding scheduling changes, shift swap requests, time off requests, and even when your employees forgot to clock in. Notification alerts are easy to change in settings. There's even a setting to get a reminder 2 hours prior to your shift so in case your schedule is constantly changing, its so easy to keep up with it!

Cons

The satellite/gps location isn't as good as it can be with regards to clocking in. Sometimes it will not let you clock in due to being "too far away" when you are standing right at your work. The app sometimes freezes up when clocking in/out or takes a while to process a clock in. So then when you press "clock in" again, it'll actually clock you out.

Response from When I Work

Hi there Lisa,

Thank you for leaving us a review!

We are so happy to hear that you and your team finds value in When I Work!

If you continue to run into issues with clocking in and out, please feel free to email our Customer Care team at [email protected] Our team will help get the issues you are experiencing resolved.

Thanks again for the review! Hope you have a great day!

Kara

Replied 07/02/2018
Brad
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

When I have to work, I use "When I Work" to make sure I get to work when I'm Supposed to!!

Overall, I really like this Software. It is very affordable for my small company! It has some features and functionality that it's competitor's just simply did not offer. So I actually use 2 different Time tracking softwares. But my employees use this one. If I was forced to make a choice on either "When I Work" or one of their competitors, I would probably have to choose "When I Work". They really do include everything my small business needs and more when it comes to scheduling and time tracking needs. The Geo fencing and Chat feature within the Software is just great. It really takes a lot of concern away from me. It allows the employees to be a bit more free and manage themselves and still be held accountable so I do not need to micro manage. It's hard to Explain, but just try the Software out and you won't be disappointed!!

Pros

The functionality and features offered are by far the best thing about this Software.
Ease of use, and control of use. Fairly Intuitive, and addresses most all of my needs for my small business!! The Cost! This software is very affordable for a small company.

Cons

I think that the Customer Support is not up to Par. The only way to get support is via Chat or to submit a Ticket. I have been ignored or neglected in the past, and just needed some help and no one was available and Did not respond either. This was when I first started using the Software and so it left a bit of a bad impression with me... I wish the Reports were not just limited to CSV files. I wish the reports were nice and clean and well presented like some of their competitors offer...

Response from When I Work

Hi Brad -

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and share you're feedback with us! I'm so happy to hear that When I Work has met a lot of your business needs for managing your team.

I'm sorry to hear that your past experiences with our Care team haven't met your expectations. We currently offer support via live chat and email. These channels allow us to provide support effectively and efficiently for all of our customers at this time.

If you are encountering any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to us so we can help out. We can be reached at [email protected] or via Live Chat as you referenced.

Replied 07/03/2019
Brenda

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

The software you didn't know you needed

Overall, I am satisfied with the software. I especially love that they incorporated a lunch break feature and even rolled out the live time clock to help you track your lunch!

Pros

I've been using WhenIWork for about 3 1/2 years now and the best feature that I enjoy about this software is that I can utilize my phone to track my clock-ins and outs. I travel a bit for my job and being able to clock in at any time without having to jump on a computer is great!

Cons

I love that it gives me a notification when I have an upcoming shift or when I haven't clocked into a shift yet (something you simply forget) but WhenIWork always sends me a notification that I haven't clocked out even when I have clocked out from a shift. I am not sure why it recognizes that I have clocked out but still sends me a notification that I haven't done so. It might just be a personal problem though.

Response from When I Work

Hi Brenda -

Thanks so much for taking a moment to share feedback with us!

I'm so happy to hear that you're loving the ease of using the app on the go with tracking your time! We're really glad our features like mobile clock in and breaks are so helpful for you!

If you're running into an issue with your notifications, feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thank you so much for the review!

Replied 04/03/2020
Richard

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Accessibility and Intuitive Scheduling

My overall experience with When I Work has been positive! Out of all the scheduling apps or processes I've been a part of, this has definitely been the smoothest. I would recommend this app to any employer looking for good software.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ability to track my hours in multiple manners. Not only does the app show me how many hours I am scheduled to work a week, it shows me the scheduled hours of everyone on staff in a larger format, and can even show my timesheets, giving me the breakdown of negative or positive hours correlating to clocking in early or clocking out late. This last feature is extremely helpful as it quantifies the fruits (whether ripe or rotten) of your labor, letting you know exactly what you need to keep doing or improve on.

Cons

Yes, when I am accessing availability and have repeating schedule preferences, if there absolutely any overlap, it simply does not allow you to make changes and it is then your job to find the overlaps and shift them to allow for your original change. Often, this process is tedious, but it doesn't come up often as the initial mistake is human error. If there was a way for it to offer options on how you'd like to fix the overlap, that would be perfect.

Response from When I Work

Hi Richard, thanks so much for this detailed review. We appreciate the feedback on setting availability preferences and I am happy to share this feedback with the appropriate team.

Replied 10/10/2020
Taylor
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

review of when I work

it has helped make sending out the schedule easier, as well has helped keep track of previous schedules. it has also made our timesheets easier being all on a phone or a computer. all in all its pretty good, but I do wish it ran a little smother, and did not have so many glitches.

Pros

it helps put the schedule and timesheets all in one software, it will send out the schedule to all of the employees with one click, it can be used from a phone

Cons

It seems to have a fair amount of glitches, I have had it delete full schedules, autocorrect times to something completely different, and it jumble around shifts. I also think it is pretty pricey per employee on it.

Response from When I Work

Hi Taylor,

Katie here with Customer Care at When I Work. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and provide feedback - we really appreciate it!

We are happy to see the app has been beneficial in keeping track of your schedules and timesheets all in one place - it definitely is a convenient feature!

Sorry that you have experienced some glitches with the app. We would be happy to assist with these to make sure they don't continue to occur. If you could send an email to [email protected] with the details of what you are experiencing, we would be happy to further assist.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback. Have a great rest of your day!

Katie

Replied 23/12/2019
Ken

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

When I Works works for me!

I do not have many employees on my schedule - only 10, but Incan whip up a schedule from scratch in 5-10 minutes.

Pros

It makes scheduling a simple task AND adds features like schedule templates open shift offering that are icing on the cake!
Customer support is responsive and very helpful.

Cons

I would really like a link to view an employee’s full availability directly from the weekly schedule. I have made a request, which was acknowledged in a very positive way. It hasn’t happened yet, though.

Response from When I Work

Hi Ken!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review When I Work.

That is amazing you are able to whip up a schedule in 5-10 minutes using When I Work. I agree that the OpenShift and Shift Template features make things easier too.

I can definitely understand wanting to see availability while scheduling and I wanted to make sure you know that availability for employees does show on the weekly schedule page in the triangles you see in the corners of the app. If nothing is there, it is assumed the employee is available.

Here's a link to our guide that explains more about seeing availability when scheduling:

Thanks again for your kind words. If you have any questions don't hesitate to email us at [email protected]

Cara
- When I Work Team

Replied 06/08/2018
Maija
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

Good visual presentation of team schedules

The greatest benefit of When I Work is the visual presentation of the schedule. I can see at a glance who the scheduled manager on duty is thanks to the color-coding. I can also see when my teammates are scheduled so I know who might be available in the event I need to swap a shift with someone.

Pros

I like that I am able to see my schedule and the team schedule as they are posted. It's very handy to have a color-coded visual schedule as well, so I can see at a glance which team members are on which roles. I also like that I have the ability to enter time off and shift change requests. My team does not utilize the feature that allows open shifts to be posted so employees can pick up extra shifts as they become available, however I like that the option to do so is there.

Cons

I wish that I had the option to sort the team schedule by shift time so I could see who I will be working with by day at a glance, as opposed to scrolling through the list of scheduled team members sorted by name.

Response from When I Work

Hey Maija -

Thanks for taking a moment to provide a great review for us!

It's great to know that you're finding the app useful and the color coding is helpful for you! I appreciate the feedback on different ways to view the Schedule! We're always open to feedback and suggestions!

Again, thanks for taking the time to give us a review.

Replied 19/01/2020
Brice

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Managing time tracking and schedules for roughly 50 people

Easy Staff Scheduling

Pros

It is really easy to use and employees really like being able to see their schedule and coworker's schedules/time off and that they can be notified when something changes. Setup was really easy too, and so is the maintenance of positions and shifts - so much better than paper calendars and pencil.

Cons

The time tracking doesn't meet par - there are gaps in what you should be able to track - like someone on a 4-10 schedule needs to have different OT parameters than others ( not possible to do).. things like that.

Response from When I Work

Hey there, Brice!

My name is Julia. I'm with the When I Work Customer Care Team.

We wanted to personally thank you for leaving such an awesome review! It makes our day to see that the app has helped with a more efficient workflow.

I do understand how having the option to set individual overtime thresholds for employees would benefit you and your team. I've forwarded your inquiry on to our product team. They love receiving customer feedback and will surely appreciate this.

Thanks again for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate you and are grateful to have you as a member of our When I Work Community.

Julia

Replied 14/05/2018
Levi

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

So Helpful

Excelent, it is an extremely useful tool, before we had all of our schedules in an excel file and it made it really hard an complicated, but now with 'When I Work' it is all so much easier to understand and pick up and drop shifts.

Pros

I love the functions and ease of picking up shifts and getting to see the schedule for your workplace, the fact that you can see who you are working with and what days. I also love the chat for communication with you co-workers.

Cons

The thing I least liked about the software was that it sometimes lagged, while also can get confusing to see when there is shifts available, but besides that it was a great platform.

Response from When I Work

Hi Levi,

Katie here with Customer Care at When I Work. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! I'm glad that it's been helpful in seeing who you are working with and in communicating with coworkers.

Our apologies if you are experiencing lagging with the software. We would be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to send us an email at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ with details on what you are experiencing, and we'd love to further assist.

Thanks again for the feedback. Have a great rest of your day!

Katie