Timesheets.com Reviews

About Timesheets.com

Timesheets.com provides cloud-based time tracking for small and midsize businesses. The service allows employers to track both hourly time for payroll and project time for billing. Employers can also track reimbursable...

4.8

Browse Timesheets.com Reviews

elmare
elmare
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 02/12/2023

Great product to keep time

Pros

Very user friendly. You can add sick leave time booked of and even holidays easy for hr department

Cons

People have to pit in their own hours which make it difficult to know if they really worked those hours

Denise
Denise

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

For the purpose of payroll time entry, we used this great tool

Because of Timesheets.com, I no longer have to manually log my time for my manager. My employer can get a precise account of the times I clock in and out of work thanks to this convenient feature. It's also useful for keeping tabs on vacation time and requests.

Pros

The ability to save Timesheets as a PDF is a great feature. This system facilitates easy tracking of my work and provides solid data for reporting purposes. Because of its intuitive design, this website is very simple to teach others to use.

Cons

A more convenient timing would have been nice. For instance, while it's helpful to see how long I spent working in total, I'd like an actual clock that displays the times at which I began and concluded my shifts.

Robert

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

STG Review

Very productive!!

Pros

The integration to QB.
The versatility of the combination of projects, users and clients.
Support is awesome!

Cons

Too much light shaded objects in the website. Hard for old eyes to read. QB interface is OK, but not out of the box intuitive.

Top Timesheets.com Alternatives

Catherine L

Reviewed on 15/03/2021

Great produce and customer service

Great people to work with, and a very good, super-functional program with simple, clear-cut reports. I am pleased to have started with Timesheets.com.

Pros

This was fairly easy to set up, with their staff transferring my client info in a report produced from my old time program. There were some small glitches, as with any new program learning curve, but the staff is very helpful, patient, and knowledgeable. We were up and running very quickly.

Cons

I dislike having to enter a reason for editing a time entry when I goofed, but understand that in a much larger firm this would be a great help administratively.

Juanita
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 04/01/2022

Affordable, Easy, and one less thing to stress about

I have already shared it with three of my colleagues. I found it to be stress free to get it all set up and to start using it.

Pros

This was extremely easy to get my staff enrolled. There wasn't a single question, delay, or need to call anyone for assistance with just getting things started. Timesheet sent an email to my staff, the staff enrolled and all I had to do was add the email address. It was super easy compared to ADP. I love that you can save the website to the desktop and clock in with you information without having to login first. It takes about 10-15 seconds to clock in. My favorite feature is the approval of mistakes to clocking in and out. The staff can make a request and you can select to approve it or deny it from the email the system sends you. There is no searching for requests.

Cons

I wish the home page was easier to navigate. The design of the page makes it difficult to get to something the first few times you use it. It could be cleaned up to make it smoother.

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

What a flexible tool for tracking employee time

Our prior time recording system was so difficult to use and had hard and fast restrictions about when time must be recorded that my employees were frequently not getting their time in. With Timesheets I have no more complaints from my employees about how bad the timesheet software is to use and no more excuses for not getting their time recorded. It went from being one of my biggest headaches to one of the easiest administrative tasks of the week. My CPA is happier with this software as well.

Pros

The software is very flexible. My employees can use the clock functionality to compute their time or they can manually enter their time after the fact.
I am notified about manual time entries and I am able to review everything entered before approving.
Employees are happy with the software
Rollout was very easy and the support from Timesheets.com for the rollout was great

Cons

When reviewing and approving time I feel like it is not as obvious to me of what the necessary steps are when something is unusual. It always works out, but it should be a bit clearer.

Lyn
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

Operations Review

Basic tool that we have build almost of decade of date with and use it to keep our team time in alignment with the customer's contract

Pros

quick easy way to capture time spent on customers and projects

Cons

Not integrated with our calendar and project management software to eliminate the extra data entry for each staff member to track the time we are selling to our customers

Harvest

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

We are currently using systems that are not integrated and we are wasting time repeating data entry to track our time and activity. We are migrating to MS Teams where we have more options to integrate with other tools.
Erika

Reviewed on 23/01/2020

Great Software

I have really enjoyed using Timesheets.
It is super easy for my staff to catch on with very minimal training.

I love it's ability to track PTO and it's a really great value.

Pros

It is easy to use and requires very little effort from employees. It is also an inexpensive option that works better and has better customer service than more expensive competitors.

Cons

It isn't the prettiest to look at but it is so functional.

Kim
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 21/02/2022

Accountant

Great

Pros

Ease of use for staff and management. The reports are fantastic and easily customized.

Cons

Employee set up is a bit cumbersome but not bad.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

I recommended it as I worked for another company that used it and so I was familiar which made it easy to implement.
Jenine
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Good employee time tracking app

This is a great app overall but it just wasn't the right fit for our company.

Pros

IF your willing to invest some time to set up the app it can be super helpful and make time tracking pretty much fool proof. Integration with Quickbooks was super easy. Importing customers and information from Quickbooks was also very quick and easy. Our employees found it easy to punch in and out and it keeps everyone honest. You don't realize how much money you are losing on payroll when you use paper time-sheets until you switch.

Cons

We are a plumbing and heating company so we do a lot of service calls. This app is great but for a service company wasn't what we actually needed.

SINC and Connecteam

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

We chose Timesheets because it seems to be easy for all our employees to understand. Also because of the integration capabilities
Nona

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

I am so grateful for this program finding me!

Pros

+The ease of control as the admin-I can see everyone's entries and edit where necessary. +The mobile feature-my foremen can enter their time whenever it is convenient for them and I see their updates immediately. +Producing reports are so easy-it has cut down the sorting through our many Excel sheets to add up our project times by 1000%. We are a small company and did not want to sign up for expensive construction PM programs. This does the job for us without the high expense. +I also use the reports feature to calculate payroll hours...instantly-this has also saved me many hours. +Chat support is instant and they are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

-There are very minor details that TS could work on, when I run into them, I contact their customer support via Chat and make my suggestions. An example of one feature I have requested is that they add a line item displaying the date range on their 'Payroll By Account Code' Excel Reports. I can enter this in manually with no issue, it would just be convenient if it were already on the report itself. I already contacted customer support regarding this and she said she would send my request to the engineers of the program. I hope to see this feature updated, if not, I will continue to use this program and manually enter the date range. It is not a show stopper. I would be extremely sad if this program every closed down, can't live without it now.

Robbin T
  • Industry: Warehousing
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

MORE SMOOTHLY RUN BUSINESS WITH THE BEST SUPPORT

Pros

We have been using Timesheets.com for at least seven years now. I spent a lot of time shopping around and then had a chance to spend some time talking to Joel on the phone who is the owner. He was so helpful and patient with me so I decided to give them a try. I especially wanted an internet based timesheet program where my staff could post hours, and then our accountants could log in and get the hours twice a month to process payroll, without my involvement as the owner. It runs by itself, and the people who need to use it can do their thing without bothering me. What I like most about this service is that: 1. The customer service is some of the best I have ever seen. If I ever have any problems they are always there to help me and I normally don't have to wait at all. You can tell this is a service oriented business and they care about always making sure their customers have any kind of support that they need. 2. Another feature I really appreciate is that you can set the program so that your staff can't sign in earlier than they are supposed to, and that has been an issue at our place from time to time.

To summarize I would say that this program is an example of how technology can make your life and business run more smoothly, while having the best service and support at the same time from real, intelligent and helpful people who care. I highly recommend Timesheets.com to anyone who is looking for a good, solid timesheet program to use for their business.

Cons

I can't really think if anything offhand, but I also don't use the program myself.

Tammy

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

TimeSheets - Best Customer Service Ever

Love it

Pros

1. Great customer service. 2. Able to use on various job sites and see where they clock -in/out 3. Easy to use 4. Great price point user based. 5. You can pick and choose what features you want to use.

Cons

1. Memo feature: Memos do not show up on Mobile version only desktop :-(
2. PTO: not easy for workers out in the field or at home to use or find PTO if used to using the mobile view. when they switch to the desktop view

Clockify

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

Needed to see where workers are clocking in. Need a system that can be used by multiple people in multiple locations and not be an app that uses workers' data on their phone.
Laurie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

New user impressed with customer service

I struggled a little with understanding what the reports were and which I needed. But customer service answered my questions, walking me through how to get the information I needed, quickly and efficiently.

Pros

It's fairly intuitive for employees to put their time in and figure out how to code it.

Cons

The leave function is clunky. Once employee puts their leave request in, they cannot change it. It must be deleted (by the supervisor, if I'm remembering correctly) and re-entered. Also, supervisor must go into leave and approve the requests, and cannot do it while approving the time worked entries. I struggle with getting the supervisors to do this task because it's not intuitive.

Also, you can only have one pay period, so if you have both salaried and hourly employees and they need different pay periods, you must do one manually. It's not awful, but another thing to remember to do.

Amy

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Overall, Timesheets.com has been a great solution for our company.

Pros

I like the fact that I can run any reports I need, based on whichever variables I choose. I also like that I can set cost and bill rates for each person, and for each project. That flexibility is important in a consulting environment.

Cons

I would really like the ability to copy profiles or create profile templates for setting up new users. It's tedious going through each new user profile to set all the parameters and permissions, when they are the same as many existing users.

I would also like to be able to give supervisors access to view specific employees, even if they are not under their direct chain of command. Or for them to be able to view all hours entered for a specific project. (Often, the person managing a project is not necessarily the supervisor for all employees on the project. But they still need to see all hours entered for that project.)

Cynthia

Reviewed on 23/06/2016

Clocking in and Out

Our company has used Timeclock.com since 2011 for both salary and hourly employees. We were able to merge the information/reports with the time clock to our payroll system.

Pros

What makes the software so worthy is the simplicity for both the employee & employer to be able to track hours, notes, vacation and etc. One of the features I really like are the reports that are available. One additional bonus to having this software also includes the archived information on each employee for the hours worked while employed with the company.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about this software because I feel that the options available make it so easy to setup a new employee.

Response from Timesheets.com

Cyntha,

We appreciate you taking time to review our product after all this time. Reviews definitely seem more relevant today than they might have a few years ago. Thanks again. Each review means a lot to us.

Replied 29/06/2016
Stacey
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Simple, Straight-Forward Product with Great Customer Service

Overall, Timesheets.com allows us to track our employees time in a simple, but effective format. And while they may not have all of the bells and whistles of some of the newer time clock software options out there, they do have unparalleled customer support. We have tried others and trust me the added features without the support only equal added headaches. We're glad we're using Timesheets.com.

Pros

The customer service is top notch. The team does not make you feel like an idiot if you don't know simple tasks and they don't put you on hold for an hour if you have more complicated questions. You get straight-forward service whether that is assistance with a real person through the chat bot or more hand -holding service on the phone. Additionally the product itself is simple. While there isn't an app, it's very easy for the team to clock in and out and edit time as needed as well in the browser. They can enter their own PTO requests and I can view them individually or in the calendar mode to compare against who else will be out that day.

Cons

There is no app and it doesn't integrate directly with the payroll service.

Brook
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

A business necessity!

Customer service is first rate, everyone on the Timesheets.com team is helpful and easy to work with. We are very happy with the platform and the service it provides.

Pros

This software has helped us efficiently tie our time and energy to projects to tell the story of how our organization moves the needle in our destination. It's easy to see what we're expending by project and put that up against return to make better business decisions with the resources we have.

Cons

It's hard to get people adjusted to new software and we don't always use the system to it's full potential.

Reviewed on 09/02/2017

Frametechs

Or use it to keep a record of all of my jobs I really like how I can break down the jobs per person and it allows me to know where I am financially in real time. Every time I have had a problem setting someone up or Working with the program I have been helped out by someone on the phone and they were very helpful. I do recommend it to everyone I work with

Pros

It is very easy to use and when I need assistance I get it right away

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult loading a new person on to the program

Response from Timesheets.com

Thanks for the review, Michael. Actually we do have a simple solution for your problem with new hires! You have a feature enabled even though you're not using it, and hiding it from view will make the project time sheet the default login view. I will contact you offline to show you where to turn it off. That will solve your new hire training problem.

Replied 09/02/2017
Adam

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

I needed an inexpensive solution and their customer service won me over.

Pros

I like that my employees are able to submit time off requests and I am notified quickly. It is overall easy to set-up more employees on the account, it does not take a large amount of steps or walk through. Timesheets has been a time friendly way for a small business operator as myself to create a solution.

Cons

I would like for Timesheets to integrate a standalone time-clock system to work with their software. I do not like the fact that my employees have to log into a computer to clock in. I would also like for the employees vacation/PTO time to have two separate columns, one that states what they currently have in the bank and one that shows what they have in the bank minus any approved time off requests. It is currently hard to track if the employee is accruing time off correctly compared to their pay-check stub.

Laurie
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

Intuitive software that doesn't require a lot of instructions for me (or my staff) to use.

I complete payroll and track employee/contractor volumes by form reviewed.

Pros

I like that there is always help when I do need it. Very problem-solving oriented support team! I have only positive experiences every time I have either a simple or complex question. They take the time to try and understand my business and the underlying goal that I'm trying to accomplish.

Cons

The only thing I don't love is that we use the supervisor feature so that our contractors can see their rates per piece - but that leaves me a little vulnerable. Since they are input as supervisors, they can also change the rates on me. I bet we are unique in requiring this feature for non-supervisors, however.

Taku
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Great service!

Excellent!

Pros

Great customer service and great product!

Cons

The only thing I would add is a more robust and easier to use scheduling module.

QuickBooks Time and TimeClock Plus

Easier to use
Kim

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Their chat support is wonderful. They respond quickly and helpful.

Allows me to track work done by my remote workers, process paychecks more quickly, and provide historical data on specific projects.

Pros

The program is intuitive and offers what I need. There are a number of reports available and customizable in so many ways. The clock in and clock out buttons are conveniently placed. The time entry screen is compact and allows space for making long notes.

Cons

Setting up an employee is the only thing I have needed assistance with and this is only because I add an employee so rarely. There are lots of options available to cover virtually any setting you could want but it can seem be a little overwhelming.

Heidi
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

[sensitive content hidden] was exceptionally helpful

Whatever questions I have they are able to assist me quickly. The program is very easy to use and incorporate to other payroll functions. I highly recommend it.

Pros

The program is Easy to use, track and process timesheets and assist with payroll.

Cons

Nothing. Seriously?? I can complete this survey without typing in more information. You need to fix this. You are now wasting my time!

Ann Marie

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

Payroll Management all in one place

Great

Pros

Great tool for both admin and employee. Both can see information needed.

Cons

when trying to add a new employee or contractor and their email comes up as already in use

ADP Workforce Now and Emburse SpringAhead

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

Very user friendly and cost effective