About Wix

Wix is a cloud-based landing page solution that helps users create and manage websites. The solution provides multiple templates with video backgrounds, fonts and animation. It allows users to customize the website with their own...

4.2
4.2

Browse Wix Reviews

9,355 of 9,355 reviews
Matthew

Reviewed on 25/04/2021

Great service for setting up a new website!

Overall, the ease of use and simple beauty of Wix is, for me, well worth the premium I pay. If I can pay a little extra to save a whole lot of time and headache, I do - and Wix lets me do exactly that.

Pros

Wix is incredibly easy to use, especially with Wix's ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence). I have zero knowledge of web design, let alone design in and of itself. Using Wix's ADI I was able to make a gorgeous website for my company that continues to get compliments. It's very easy to update the website with new information, which is a must-have for me. I've rarely had issues with speed or usability - Wix just works.

Cons

Wix can be expensive. The price for ease of use seems to be higher premiums for what would be a given elsewhere - specifically, higher plans within their "website plans" tier only really offer marketing incentives (in my opinion) that expire after a year of use. Sure, you get more storage as well - but $5/mo just for an extra 10GB of storage (from Unlimited plan to Pro plan) seems a little steep, given that for $0.05 I could store the same amount on Backblaze B2 and use a Wordpress instance. In short, anything beyond the basic Combo plan seems obtusely overpriced. Moreover, every single time I enter Wix to edit my site, I feel I'm met with annoying advertisements to get a custom email, get a custom domain, etc. etc. which are just advertisements for services I already have elsewhere (though lately these have calmed down).

Squarespace and Weebly

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wordpress, while powerful, is simply too much for a self-employed service-industry employee to manage. Wix is much easier.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix seemed just easier to use, and has continued being easy to use.
Kalina
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Wix, Your Potential Business Site Builder or No?

Overall my experience with wix has been great. By using wix I'm eliminating business problems by being able to create professional template alternatives, providing an easy and understanding website creator, and showing products I am selling easily for customers to view and purchase if they need to. Benefits I realize I have by using Wix is that I am able to provide excellent customer service to my clients and this helps me gain a more clientele and great reviews/ratings from customers.

Pros

Overall I really like using wix as a website builder. I believe the most impactful features wix provides is having many customized options like using artistic illustrations and templates to add to your site, you're able to have a professional logo of your own, customer support is easy to connect with, and you're able to discover new techniques that show you different ways of providing services to customers. Integrations were fairly easy for me to do with existing business processes I use like Goodle Drive, PayPal and Zapier.

Cons

I didn't really find any features that weren't useful for any business to use when creating his website. The only issue I did have a few times was sometimes Wix lags with internet connection and can a little time to load. But this issue has only occured twice for me. As mentioned before no difficulties happened for me when integrating with existing business processes I currently use.

Derek

Reviewed on 11/10/2023

Wix is better than Word Press and HTML www.dcsleds.com

I always tell everyone that they should use Wix as opposed to HTML or Word Press. The cool thing is that Wix can use HTML. I had a very old website that was built on HTML and all I wanted to do was transfer that site to Wix. I shopped around to see what it would cost to transfer the files. 300 to 700 dollars. I gambled and just highlighted the HTML files and went into Wix and Wix has a HTML button to add the files on your website. I did it all in less than 5 minutes. I saved hundreds of dollars. And I saved time.

Pros

The ease of use for someone on my level. I'm a robotics engineer. And I teach robotics on a college level. So programming is not a big issue for me. I think Wix should add their own version of Chat GPT. Maybe you already have it, and I don't know how to apply it. If so, please email me on how to use it.

Cons

I don't mind using the Wix bots. But there are certain questions your bot would not be able to answer.But the way Wix moved me to a real person was great.

WordPress and Word to HTML

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I've been using Wix for years and I understand how Wix works. I wanted all of my sites to be under one platform.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I've been using Wix for many years.

Top Wix Alternatives

• Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

WIX review

Its easy to use and build, it has creative features.

Pros

it is cost efficient and easy to use. It has alot of features you get more for less.

Cons

It does not give much options on the free web building

Erik
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 23/08/2023

Wix a mixed bag Well designed software to design a website, awful customer service.

Great software, easy for beginners to use. Great for learning to make a website. Yet don't expect customer service to help at all.

Pros

I was able to go from having no website design skills, to designing what I consider a professional looking website in no times. Most problems encountered were easy to overcome just looking around the intuitive software. So from my use I give the entire software high scores.

Cons

Wix has some of the worst customer service in the world. They advertise for anyone, and yes the software is, but with that said, their customer service doesn't have a clue. 2 examples are, i called once as I was indexing my website on bing, to find out why I was getting a multiple H1 Headings message. Multiple reps had no idea what an H1 even was. After I did a bit of research it was simply the Heading 1 text on each page. Another dumbfounding situation was talking to 3 wix employees asking them a question about my blog page, they kept trying to look at regular webpages, having no clue that blog pages were in a different section of their web design. One of which was a manager.

Allyssa
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 15/10/2023

Love Wix!

Overall I am very happy with Wix. It is convenient and easy! I am impressed and grateful for good customer support. I still remember the name of the man who was on the phone with me for like 2 hours helping me figure something out and I just super appreciated that. It was over 2 years ago that we spoke and [sensitive content hidden] was sooo helpful. Today [sensitive content hidden] was so fast and exceptional at her customer service and kind. I appreciate the feedback and the quick help with my business. I never have to worry if something will get worked out with Wix but I know that I am in good hands!

Pros

It is user friendly but my most favorite thing is how wonderful and helpful the customer service is! You are always available and ready to solve an issue or answer a question!

Cons

I wish it were easier to view the email marketing . I am not able to view the whole page on my laptop and I felt that I couldnt customize the actual emails in the way I wanted so I went to a 3rd party email marketing app.

Lisa
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

I love Wix

Have had very minimal problems in the last 6 years, and if I did have an issue it was resolved immediately with excellent customer service.

Pros

Wix has been around for awhile now and they are constantly upgraded and adding new features. They don't say, "yes we hear you, we're working on it". They say "we heard you, here it is", and it's always smooth and flawless additions.

Cons

The only thing (which is inevitable in life), the cost has increased substantially and I've had medical issues this year and couldn't afford my top premium renewal and had to go down to basic. I still love WIX and as soon as biz is back on track, I will change my plan again.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 04/10/2023

Authentic and Lots of Fun!!

I have used many platforms to build sites and wix is by far the most convenient, secure, stable and scalable.

Pros

Wix is on the pricy side for to get all the app needed to be competitive but thy work and the y work well. The customer service is excellent and timely in their response.

Cons

Price Price Price and then Price of and cost otherwise Excellent product.

Karter
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 14/10/2023

Wix a good starter

Overall, I've used a little bit to create two websites but they didn't really last for long because it used a lot of power to think about how to do stuff. Without paying there was no user engagement.

Pros

But I like the most about using wix. Was the fast features of user engagement being able to create an entire website where people can log in using Facebook without doing anything other than pressing published is one of the best features!

Cons

It's pretty expensive but if you did get it for free or if you did own it, it would be amazing to create a website because it has so much versatility. I would also wish that some of the applications were not paid.

Theresa
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Wiz for the classroom use

Pros

I liked that one could use it with just having basic knowledge of computers.

Cons

The price can be an issue depending on what you use it for.

Avash
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

The Most Flexible Drag and Drop Website Builder

Wix is an amazing web builder. I can't remember properly but I think I tried building my first website when I was in school with HTML, CSS and I saw their ADs on YouTube and thought about giving Wix a try - and I am very happy that I chose to try Wix. I learned that creating a website was a lot easier than I expected - thanks to Wix. Since then I have been using Wix for my personal projects and client projects and from my experience, Wix is the best visual web builder currently available in the market. Its the editor is without any doubt - the best Drag and Drop Editor as its editing capacities has overtaken every other builder.

Pros

There are many practical templates that we just import and are ready to use - which is the thing that I like most about Wix. There are many builders available now in market with fancy looking templates but most of them aren't practical to use. But the case is different with Wix - the templates are ready to be used - very practical and optimized for mobile devices. This is why I always choose Wix to design websites for clients with small businesses who want to be able to edit details themselves as editing is easy too.

With Wix, an above-average computer user can create a professional-looking website and even average computer user can edit websites. I generally get $14 per month plan which doesn't show ADs and gives more than enough storage for most websites. I guess $14 per month for a website is a pretty good price.

Another thing I like most about Wix is automatic backups which makes sure that we never lose any information.

Cons

As a PageSpeed Optimization specialist - the thing I like least about Wix is its slow loading speed. I don't think we should be expecting a blazing fast website when we use Drag and Drop Website Builder. However, I think Wix is enough for small businesses as they are a lot faster than they used to be and their speed isn't terrible.

Other than that - I can't think of any cons about Wix.

Zee

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

If you need a quick website...

I have used Wix to teach students the basics of the website creation and it was a user-friendly product that my students could easily use right away. The websites they have created in three days time were looking good, so I was happy (and the students too) :)

Pros

I have used Wix to help my students create websites for their class projects. Since they didn't have any previous experience with website creation and we were short on time, Wix was a perfect solution due to its extensive template options.

One of the things I have enjoyed the most (along with my students) was the ease of finding a template for their particular businesses (which included hotels, interactive museums, photo studios, fast-food restaurants, and more).

The navigation and the creation process is easy enough, so that was also helpful.

Cons

One of the things that we have discovered mid-way through creating our websites was the bilingual issue. The students' computers mostly used the Russian language for the interface, but the websites they needed to create were in English. However, while most of the editable texts could be easily written in English, there were buttons with text (for example, "Register") that we didn't find a way to translate.

It's not an issue when your website and your computer use the same language, but when you're working in bilingual (or trilingual) environment, this can cause trouble. (Note: some of the buttons *did* auto-translate when we changed the preferred language of the site in the settings, but not all.)

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I have used WordPress, Google Sites, Blogspot, Xanga, and Wix for websites and blog creation. I usually rely on WordPress for most of the personal tasks. However, for educational purposes with tight deadlines, Wix proved to be a good and simple to learn partner.
Susan

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

WIX Empowers Graphic Designers to Create Great Looking Websites

WIX makes building a quality website with multiple marketing tools affordable. For under $300 a year you can get a full-on website, CRM dashboard (like ZOLO), marketing tools (like Mail Chimp), calendar app, scheduling, online stores. I literally have built a 6-page website in a day. WIX has great customer support and will walk me through steps if I need any help.

Pros

As a BFA graphic designer and marketing consultant, until WIX came on the scene I had to rely on computer Word Press tech people to build my client's websites. I never was happy with the restrictive specs and boring look and feel. WIX modern templates can easily be customized. The drag and drop text blocks, strips, gallery templates, videos, forms, and more can be added and manipulated quickly. WIX has a lot of apps to add on - as well as SEO - get found on Google wizard tools. I no longer have to pay a 3rd party for the part of the website build. Adjusting the mobile version is also an intuitive process. Win-win website software. PLUS, it includes CRM tools, email / content push templates, analytics, and more.

Cons

One feature I miss is being able to do text wraps around images. They explained to me - that if they included the feature it messes with the auto-conversion into the mobile version. Which makes sense. Also it would be great if I had a media library I could use across all of my websites. Each site has its own media library. I understand Square Space has this feature, but it does not have all the other features WIX has I want.

Robert
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 24/08/2019

Ok if you don't need wide ranging functionality.

All in all, I would recommend it if you don't have much knowledge of web design and want to make something quickly.

Pros

Super easy to use and get started with. Probably the best templates in out of all the drag and drop hosting sites. The algorithm that creates sites for you based off of the concept you have is quite powerful and easy to use. The app is incredible and almost has more functionality than the online dashboard.

Cons

I had issues adding a search bar to my online store. Most items like that require you to pay outside app developers to embed their product into your site for a monthly subscription. All of this hikes up the monthly cost of the site. Customer support was lacking - with every query I sent being responded with the line ' we are aware of this issue and are working to fix it'. In my experience, things were never fixed. Halfway through my tenure with the company, they removed aspects of the software (like music listening statistics for my radio show) and never replaced them.

Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Wix

All in all, it came down to the fact that Wix had better marketing.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

As mentioned above the marketing was better - they offered me a 50% off deal for the first year.
Ko-Ko
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Professional Website for the Small Entrepreneur

I have enjoyed using the Wix platform to create and manage my business website. I have also used it to design websites for my clients. The platform has a variety of features that can give any website a professional look and feel. The accompanying mobile app has helped me quickly respond to inquiries left on my website by prospective clients. The app also has the added feature of letting me know when someone is on my website and what part of the county they are browsing from. I have recommended Wix to many of my colleagues, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros

Wix makes it easy to have a beautiful, professional website without any coding experience. Using this software I was able to create an online portfolio to showcase my graphic design work. I have received compliments from many clients and prospects on the aesthetic and professionalism of my website.

Cons

I did notice that the website editor can get a bit slow and glitchy if you do not refresh the page often while working on your website. Also, the monthly subscription price point is a bit high, but considerable savings can be achieved with an annual subscription, especially when there is a sale.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The ease of use, amount of features, and more enjoyable interface experience.
Jordan

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

Reliable Website Builder

We predominantly used Wix to spin up web templates for clients. It was always easy to train fellow co-workers on.

Pros

There's a lot of decisions that we have to make in life. If you work in marketing, it's how to spin up a quick landing page with little to no front-end designing skills. Enter Wix, the reliable web template builder. Sure, if you want to curse yourself out for hours straight you can buy a Wordpress template and configure it. If you have a couple of extra bucks in your pocket you can use Square Space and use one of their cookie-cutter templates. I like Wix because it gets the job done without breaking the bank, while giving serval options on spinning up a new website layout.

Cons

I've noticed the support isn't as robust as Square Space, but there's typically very little that I need support on.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Price and availability of web templates

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wordpress gives you unlimited options, but along with a massive amount of free-will comes in-depth expertise needed.
Jobin

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

Wix Review: Is it Really Good?

Pros

Among many site builder software available, Wix distinguishes itself from others since it offers a wide variety of user friendly tools to customers. Among the many advantages of the software following are the most attractive.
1. The design templates available are upgraded and with the drag-drop options any one can create a website within a short span of time.
2. User friendly interface of wix offers different tools to create, manage and update websites and its content.
3. We can add animations for texts as well as for other elements in a flexible user interface.
4. There are a number of website apps that the user can add to the website using the App market tool.
5. Built in SEO management makes it easy for the user to market products and services.
6. Flexible payment plans.
7. Free logo maker tool and free https.
8. Customer support is excellent.

Cons

Even though Wix is among one among the best of its kind, there are some areas in which they can really make improvements which would enhance user experience and the quality of service provided.
1. Ads are a major problem for users using the free and connect domain plans. The Wix banner is also a hassle.
2. Even though Wix offers a smart assistant to build websites through Artificial Design Intelligence, a major drawback is that its not available to all types of projects.
3. Lack of a unlimited plan and the need to have a paid plan for tracking and analytics are among the things that need some improvement.
4. If you wish to go for a redesigning, no option is available to change the template already chosen.

Jyoti

Reviewed on 25/08/2022

Reliable and Relatively User-Friendly

Overall Wix has been a great asset. I went from using an expensive website designer to doing it all myself. Wix has been very reliable.

Pros

Wix fairly easy to use, although there is a bit of a learning curve. It just takes time, so as long as you are willing to put the hours in, you can come up with a really good website design. It's well worth watching the Wix tutorials. They are well put together and easy to understand. Wix also does online classes covering various areas. I don't find these as useful. The presenters are obviously experts but are not necessarily great teachers. Mostly I find they try to include far too much information and deliver it too quickly.

Wix has a large range of good, modern designs, with inbuilt SEO options that make building your own website pretty easy. I also like that there is an inbuilt mobile website version which you can preview as you go along.

Cons

Wix also does online classes covering various areas. I don't find these particularly useful. The presenters are obviously experts but are not necessarily great teachers. Mostly I find they try to include far too much information and deliver it too quickly.

Customer service is very response and has helped on a couple of occasions to quickly resolve an issue with the website's function. It does have some glitchy areas in the website builder, but I think if you follow the tutorials and use the recommended browsers they are less likely to be bothersome.

WordPress, Squarespace and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I wanted to be in control of making changes to my website instead of waiting till my designer has availability in their schedule. It's important for me to be able to tweak things as I go. It's also a far less expensive option for my small business.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I found Wix to be the easiest out of all the products I tried out.
Caitlyn
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/10/2022

Wix is the perfect website management platform training wheels

The platform was great at first, when I was just starting out. However, when I moved up to using the paid plan, it didn't really seem to improve from being the basic package it was to begin with. All of the supposedly upgraded features only basically worked. My site still looked as one customer described it, "Super Hacky." Enabling multiple sections, posting videos, and having large amounts of people in the forums at once caused the site to lag. There was issues with overall design management capabilities of the site. However, I would still recommend it to someone who was looking for something they could use as a one page, landing page, blog and maybe integrate their merch store. Other than that, if you are looking for something that you can use for a more professional website hosting platform, I would choose something else that is more capable of handling something large scale.I would also recommend, if you are going to use it for a landing page or a blog, do not enable the ability for people to become members of your site. The reason for this is, there is a significant problem with spammers and scammers creating membership accounts and flooding your inbox. Then, when you try to delete and block these users from making accounts, it is made extremely difficult. Finally, when you try to get a hold of support to help you solve the problem, you are not able to get into contact with an actual person to help you.

Pros

It is great for anyone who needs to get experience managing a website for their small business. It is also great for someone who is just looking for a basic landing page sort of platform for their blog.

Cons

The biggest issue I have is the fact that it is very difficult to block bot accounts and scammers and spammers from becoming members of your site and filling the inbox with spam. I contacted support several times about solving this problem and since support is not run by an actual person and is completely automated, it seems, I was able to get no help.The other issue was the fact it kept trying to give me options for "my restaurant," even though I filled out the questionnaire and was clearly set up as a publisher/entertainment company.

WooCommerce and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I watched a demo and was led to believe it would be a better fit for the kind of business I was running.
Jacob
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Former Web Designer prefers Wix

Generally it fits my business needs, and I have been very impressed, it pretty much delivers on what it says it can do, which can sometimes be hard to come by in the web application offereings.

Pros

Wix enables almost any user that has experience editing a word document to put up a highly professional website.
Allowing a user to test out the features offered for free to see if it is a good match for them, and offering paid services if the user finds that it is a good match for them.

Cons

The pricing of the apps that can be added is not clear. Additionally if one decides to add one of these paid apps its not real clear what you're getting.
The "AI" web designer does not work that well for those who are looking for customization, it still has a long way to go and was fun to try out but I would say that its a waste of time for now.
The option to hire a wix expert seems to still be in its infancy, its not real clear what the costs would be for having an expert work on your website.
Look at the what the paid users and see what they are using the WIX for, then make a lot of templates for those users, and not what they think is trendy

Squarespace, Rezgo and Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Wix

WIX was so much easier, saved a tremendous amount of time, had awesome professional templates, and now plays a big role with SEO and other complimentary and supplimentary services around having a website.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Extremely easy to get started, and add to the site, it was such a wonderful all around experience in comparision to the competition: everything works as it should, its available online from any browser and work pretty smoothly, no delays in seeing edits, the ancillary services surrounding it. It was clear that a lot of time and work was put into making it a fantastic user experience.

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

The Best Website Creator for emergency Use and for small businesses without any knowledge of...

I am currently studying in India for Post graduate degree in Management and Research, and also also working part time in my Brother's online Grocery Store and Wix worked for me initially we first tried to get a good website without spending much and Wix actually worked amazingly. Even now, whenever I am in need of a website urgently I use Wix to get things done but again, I do never recommend any student or web developer to go through Wix

Pros

Wix is the best and easiest way to build a website for those who wants a good website in no time. Wix has a nice user interface and is accessible with normal computers and mobile devices. There's no need of coding, just to get an idea, think over it and use the drag and drop feature and we are good to go. The pricing of Wix is also good, there's no need to be concern about the cost of getting a good website because everything is done and even if we try the free features it will harm nothing. Wix is good for those who wants a good website in a hurry or without writing any code or to get a website for quick purposes like for small businesses. Wix is also good for those who don't actually want to learn Web development because everything is done without any coding. Those who can't afford a good web developer for their small business or start-ups can use Wix.

Cons

Though, getting everything done without any coding is a good deal but only for those who don't want to learn web development and just need a website for their small businesses or startups because one can learn nothing other than dragging and dropping things which is quite a cheap thing for a Web developer or a student, So I do never recommend a student or a Web developer to go with Wix. Also, Wix has a lots of problems like there's a problem of customizing the pages exactly according to our choice because everything is done by itself automatically and hence most of the required features are not there and we can't build them according to our imaginations.

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

‘site builder for tomorrow’

with the offered features by many hosting companies, mostly which are standard features, any novice can build a good looking website. But not an exceptional one like what is being offered by wix. Wix is in to business, therefore they integrate whatever the improvements in digital communication in order to be ‘special’. You need to experience the difference. After the initial launching with the free version, one need to migrate in to a version which will offer you all the additional features in ecom. With a paid version you can have your own domain that will help you to build your unique custom brand, and run an ad free site. With the paid version you become independent of strings associated with wix campaigns but still enjoy the unique features available in wix platform.
With the returns gained by having an exceptional site, you wouldn’t feel the service is expensive.

Pros

with ‘wix’, websites are not a luxury anymore. Wix has emerged as one of the leading facilitators of digital visual communication platforms by offering ‘start free and pay later’ concept of doing business. Wix is definitely doing a business. But it helps those innovatives who cannot afford the luxury of hosting initially, but can present brilliant productive ideas to the world with digital communication for a kickstart. Wix, certainly is doing a business of milking without hurting the cow. Those who cannot afford hosting initially or even venture on a project on trial basis can grab this concept and then upgrade to paid packages for greater productivity. Wix is not just another hosting business. Its an ecommerce platform. Wix has passed the traditional concepts by integrating future technology in to its platform thereby placing its position ahead of many others. Wix helps others to earn in the ecom world with the latest technology, trends integrated in to their system.
With their ADI (artificial design intelligence), you almost have a ready-built website without any coding knowledge and the Wix editor gives you a free hand to integrate your own innovative ideas and present exceptional websites to communicate your message stunningly to the audience. You can use the Drag & Drop, Online Booking Tools, Online Store Builder, SEO Management, Survey Builder, to name a few and many other productive features to make your site unique and stand above the rest.

Cons

well I wouldn’t say this a real con, but the cost comparison wise, there are many hosting service providers who too offer many ‘easy to build a site’ tools at a lower cost but one need to sacrifice on certain features those are being offered by wix at a higher cost.

Vitor

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

Great solution for beginners

Great experience overall, I was able to build a website in 2 days, make it good-looking, and set-up all the tools I needed to get customers to reach out to me.I had to keep my website constrained to their limitations in terms of design and functionality, but it was fine for a basic website like mine.

Pros

The tool is relatively easy to use, as you start building your website using the features that Wix provides you also start to get used to how they work.It is very easy to build up a simple and good-looking website, you also get a few templates that can be used as a starting point.The website management side is absolutely awesome, you can very easily manage new form submissions, questions, live chat.Analytics is another important piece, and you can easily access the information of your website visitors, even in real time.Wix provides a native iOS/Android app that helps you with keeping track of all the website information, so you don't necessarily need to be in front of your computer to see and respond your customers.Support is quick and helpful, the attendants do their best to answer questions, even the ones outside their scope of work, I felt like they really cared about resolving my issues.

Cons

While Wix is easy to use, and perfect for beginners, more experienced website developers might find it limiting.Wix is not like a blank canvas, you must keep their constraints and limitations in mind to prevent possible frustrations.There is no place to edit the element's CSS code (at least on the basic plan), you have to use their user interface to implement changes and adjustments to the elements, if there isn't a specific settings to change a property, forget it, you won't be able to change it.The asset library is limited, I couldn't find many images that could be used in a professional looking website, instead I had to look for better images on stock photo websites.

Webflow, WordPress and Bubble

Pricing and ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Pricing was the main factor
Gary
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 03/02/2022

From Rookie web designer to Pro music profile

I have been using Wix since 2013. Being a total rookie in web design, Wix has been my biggest crush as it made it easy for me to put all my ideas from my mind into the website. The drag and drop features without using codes made it easy for me to bring my ideas to life. As an artist I usually say that my website is like my virtual home people can come and visit and have a chat and with Wix this is totally a fact. From my artist profile, biography, selling my tracks, hosting live videos and selling merchandise, Wix has succeeded into making all of these features easily accessible and fully operational making my artist profile look professional.

Pros

Using Wix has been an amazing adventure for someone like me who does not know much about web design. Being an artist, it helped me so much into creating my artist website with ease. It took me about 1 week to built a proper website and it is so easy if I need to make updates, anytime. It has most of the features I think of. Wix made my artist life way better and the guidance we get on how to get the most out of it is very helpful. With Wix my artist profile looks super Pro with all the features available.

Cons

Sometimes there are a few bugs and glitches while editing but after refreshing the page a few times it goes back to normal. Payment methods for a few countries are pretty hard to get but I know Wix works hard into making ease of payment accessible for most countries. It took me at least a year before getting the right payment option for my website and now my website is monetizing quite easily.

Dave
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

Bad for e-commerce. Good for simple marketing websites.

For years we've built websites for clients (and ourselves) on Wix and mostly have liked it as an easy-to-use website builder. It's only now that we tried to set up an e-commerce store and process payments that I've come to realize that there is no support, no follow-up and no one really cares if your money is sitting in their bank account instead of yours. It's deeply soured me on the whole company - although it's probably just that their e-commerce/payments group is incompetent.

Anyway - save yourself a lot of stress and don't use Wix Payments. We set up a store for a client on Shopify and while it's more expensive we've had no issues like this and gotten prompt support for the only payment issue we ever had there.

Pros

Visual design interface is simple to learn, has good templates, is flexible and easy to design a great looking page in. Far more design flexibility than Squarespace.

Also like that forms, pop-ups and other items like that which cost extra in Shopify are free in Wix. A great platform for businesses that need an informational website.

Cons

Wix Payments is a nightmare. I set up an ecommerce store for one business in Wix where we'd already built a brochure site and after getting over $9k in credit card transactions Wix is unable (a month and a half later) to send the money to the bank. Support is non-existent. I've explained the situation to 6 different people, never gotten a phone call with anyone and the money is still in Wix instead of transferred.

The ecommerce store itself is pretty limited too. All in all I deeply regret not using Shopify or Big Commerce - or at the very least setting up my own payment gateway through Stripe/Square instead of trusting Wix with payments.