Wix Reviews

About Wix

Wix is a cloud-based landing page solution that helps users create and manage websites. The solution provides multiple templates with video backgrounds, fonts and animation. It allows users to customize the website with their own...

4.2
4.2

Browse Wix Reviews

9,451 of 9,451 reviews
Frank
Frank

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

The only way to be a full stack developer without coding.

If you want to become a Full Stack web developer without learning HTML, CSS, PHP and JavaScript then WIX is the best CMS for you to choose. I've introduced a lot of friends to use WIX and they really enjoy it. I am now part of the WIX family.

Pros

After some few years in the web development world, I wanted the best CMS with more features that can help me design my websites without stressing on too much coding. Wix was there to rescue me. With Wix I can develop tons of websites within a week without CODING. This is so far the best CMS for every web developer. It is also easy for everyone to learn, customer and use.

Cons

I need more feature in Wix CMS because I'm stack and I won't use any CMS except. I don't have any problem with the price. It is very cool.

WordPress and Joomla

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I also wanted a CMS that comes with a lot of features and also very simple for everyone to use.

Drupal and Joomla

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Very simple to use and customize. I always do magic anytime I use WIX.
Mitch

Reviewed on 01/03/2024

Simple fixes thanks to the Wix support team!

Excellent to date, in both functionality and service.

Pros

Customer service is great and their expertise gets right to my problem.

Cons

I can't think of anything; their web builder is not complicated.

Sergio
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

Wix Page Builder Review

I use it for creat dropshipping stores and land pages, and some times is hard to make some customization for clients because of the lack of options of plugins and possibilities of creations using the template.

Pros

I like the beautiful templates and the drag and drop functions. Its also very intuitive tool for the users. The problem is when we need some kind of customization... Then starts the problems with this tool.

Cons

For create landing pages and stores is not so good because of the lack of plugins and some difficulties for customize the choseed template.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

More options of customizations.

WooCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The client first bought this product before knows very well how its works and what he needs..

Top Wix Alternatives

WordPress Portal

SeoSamba WordPress Enterprise

Tichaona Redemptor
Tichaona Redemptor
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

The best website and content management software of 2024

Excellent i am very happy with the drag and drop

Pros

You can also customize the design and display of your posts to match your site. Post Management is important because it allows you to keep your blog organized and up to date, which can help you attract more visitors and keep them engaged with your content.

Cons

It has great features but most of them needs you to learn for a duration of time.

OneDrive

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I wanted to try new products. I love testing new software.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix has a large variety of options and functions to use all in one.
KATRINA

User-Friendly Experience Building and Navigating

Great experience overall I have built over 10 website through Wix and will continue recommending for my media clients

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to build, edit, and publish my site with how much change we experience in my business. I also love that they have the trendiest and most useful features to choose from.

Cons

I wish there was a membership/booking option on the WIX POS

Reese
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 01/03/2024

Wix Review After Customer Service Chat

Pros

Right now, the customer service. [sensitive content hidden] was very helpful and patient as we tried to fix issues, both ones that brought me to the chat and new ones that arose as we worked.

Cons

Cost, but that's to be expected of any builder. I do think offering more coupons for dedicated users would be a good move, or even referral coupons for designers like myself who want my clients to use Wix so I can build their website on a platform I trust.

Amandine
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 14/03/2024

Good place to start an e-commerce business

Very good place to start an e-commerce business if you don’t have a lot of money. The interface is very clear, it’s easy to set up and works great. Be aware that design possibilities are limited (on the good side, you don’t have to buy a theme, you can do it your way).

Pros

Wix is very easy to use and to set up. What I loved most about it is the admin interface ; it was super clear to manage orders and products. The customer support was always nice and very helpful!

Cons

The possibilities regarding design are a bit limited (but I may think this way because I’m a licensed graphic designer). I had issues with inventory sometimes, where quantities would not be updated correctly after an order.

Arlene
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Very Helpful and Kind

I've had a great experience. Creating a website that's functional isn't easy on your own but WIX makes it less overwhelming. I'm very happy I chose this platform.

Pros

I have a lot of computer experience and the ease of use stands out to me. However, it's the customer service that sets it apart. I was able to get help quickly and even some great ideas to better utilitze my site. I am very happy with my experience thus far.

Cons

I have no cons right now. It's so easy to use.

Muhammad

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Wix, your go to scheduling system.

Pros

Wix Bookings is an easy-to-use scheduling system for small to medium sized businesses

Cons

Customizability is an issue along with most of these type of products, unable to select custom appointment length.

Tiego
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Wix review

Pros

I have been with wix for less than 6 months and i have been learning new things

Cons

Sometimes it is always legging and messing things up for you

awogor
awogor
  • Industry: Design
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Simple, good and easy to use drag and drop website builder

I have used Wix on 4 different websites and I must say, it's easy, fast and good platform for website design for companies and portfolios. I will always recommend

Pros

You don't probably need to a Pro User in order to make a website with Wix.
With Wix's Drag and Drop website builder, you can easily build your personal portfolio website, photographic site, lifestyle, eCommerce store for advance users etc.
It's generally appart from WordPress one of those platforms I respect so much when making websites for my clients.
They take care of Hosting service and your domain you only pay for their platform and start using it.

Cons

It's not the best place for content management and therefore do not offer total user experience for companies website just like with WordPress, you can post publications in a blog section of your website.
The more features you require, the more money you spend.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I switched from Simple Site, I won't say because their platform was not standard, but I will rather say that I was still learning and didn't really understand their platform well.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I didn't choose over WordPress completely. I still combine both platforms depending on what my clients want and the financial capability, then I choose a platform that best fits their resource availability.

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

As a frequent website designer, Wix is my all-time preferred platform!

I have been using Wix for over 8 years and can say that I am frequently a happy customer! Compared to other website building platforms like Squarespace and Wordpress, I love the easy functionality that Wix provides. Plus, the price is always right what we're looking for. The help pages are easy to use if you need to teach yourself something, and the customer support team is always willing to help you find a solution. Overall I will continue using Wix and hope the platform keeps getting better and better as they have done so far!

Pros

I love the customization that Wix provides for website building. I usually start off with a blank template and build my own websites from scratch, so I love the quick drag-and-drop functions and the ability to customize absolutely everything right down to the font size and color. I also love the new app for the blog, which makes keeping up with posting easy and accessible.

Cons

I have run into some issues where Wix doesn't provide the widget I need so I've had to learn some code myself or hire an actual Wix expert. Luckily, this doesn't happen to frequently and Wix experts out there are super knowledgeable and fairly priced. I also wish they had more template options for lightboxes and landing pages to make those more unique and innovative.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I initially chose Wix due to the price. Once I started getting into the website design, I learned that Wix is MUCH easier to use than both alternative products. You really don't need to have any code or HTML knowledge and I can build the structure of a brand new exciting website in just a few minutes.
Jonathan

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

Website Builder With Integrations Galore

Like many new businesses, we didn't have the funds to hire a web developer to build us a custom website. We turned to online web builders to get our online footprint, and stuck with Wix because it was easy to use, offered great responsive features, and their options for outside integrations were numerous. Then we found out that we could offer different language versions of our site and we were hooked. Now, Wix handles our whole website presence: sales, blog, landing page, product pages, etc.

Pros

Of the website builders we've tried and implemented for ourselves and our customers, Wix has the best set of supplemental product integrations that we've found. They even have their own in-house solutions for things like forms, emails, and sales–if you don't already use an external provider. Connecting to your providers is also really simple and secure, so you have trust that your and your customer's data will not be comprised just because you're not using your own code. We also LOVE the language translation feature. This has been a boon as we grew our business in other countries and needed to communicate in different languages.

Cons

Web builders like Wix, Squarespace, etc. often sell with the promise of an easy-to-use, DIY website builder. At the beginning, that was true. Now, however, many of our customers are paying us to build and manage their sites because as the service grew more robust, with more features, our customers couldn't keep up. I would love to see the company stay focused on ease-of-use as they add more features. The moms and pops of online shops often can't manage to learn new features and run their business at the same time–despite that being an important part of growing a business.

WordPress, Squarespace and Weebly

Reasons for Switching to Wix

We eventually chose Wix over the others because we needed a simple way to host our website in different languages. Wix has excellent integrations options that both we and our customer use, and they're constantly keeping their designs, back end, etc. up to date and relevant.
Eli

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

A very powerful tool for small and medium businesses

I've been using Wix for the past 6 years for several of our businesses' websites and honestly it's a blessing! The features increase from year to year, the security level is awesome, the comfort of use is stellar and you can do it all by yourself! Even if you have a team that works on the website you can go in, figure out what's going on and make the necessary changes in the blink of an eye.

Pros

The ease of use is remarkable with Wix. Its layout is very user-friendly and intuitive. If you're a beginner and have no clue as to how to build website or if you're a person who's comfortable with tech jargon and IT puzzles Wix's platform is a one-size fits most.

Cons

There are still some features that are lacking such as nested pages within pages, site version in more than two languages (for example if you want your website in 4 different languages). I would've loved to have a bit more than 100 page limit for our websites. 100 might seem a lot for someone who wants to create a simple website, but for a dance school with several programs, bifurcations, details and information to put on there, it would've been nice to have just a bit more flexibility.

Squarespace and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wordpress is too complicated, not enough encompassing, and too stiff for the average joe.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

It was the best overall (features, quality, security, price)
Michelle
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Webbing With Wix

My overall experience with Wix has been great! I am enjoying their website builder and their amazing features. I only wish that it was a little less expensive to use their individual features. However, I don't plan on switching my website to another builder because Wix is by far the easiest and most organized to use.

Pros

The things I like most about Wix is their website drag-and-drop builder. It is easy to use and edit when necessary. I also like their clean and organized dashboard because it helps me access everything I need quickly and easily.

Cons

Wix is definitely expensive compared to other premium web plans. They are constantly asking you to upgrade which gets a little annoying and their don't offer a set plan with all their features in one.

Squarespace and Weebly

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I made the switch to Wix because their software is easier to use and is constantly updating to give my customers the latest and most productive web/mobile experience.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I chose Wix because of their many features and their easy to use drag-and-drop builder. It continues to help me stand out everday!
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 24/01/2022

The easiest drag-drop website builder available!

Our company uses Wix to manage website pages, blogs, and sales funnels. With Wix, changing content and updating templates is fast and easy. Wix provides a variety of responsive templates that can be adapted to the needs of the client.
According to business requirements, I can create custom fields in the Wix platform for the contact page, left sidebar, and internal pages of the site. Wix can also be used for marketing purposes.

Pros

Using this platform, you can create a website for free. Anyone with a basic understanding of web design can create a website! It is my favourite thing about Wix that everything is drag and drop. The design of a page is incredibly easy.

The best thing about it is that you don't need to know how to code. Wix provides a wide range of high-quality templates for you to choose from, and you can alter it as you please. There are lots of layouts and design elements to choose from, and that makes it ridiculously easy to create a marketing funnel or a sales funnel in no time.

Cons

Formatting the website page fonts and colours for a mobile phone can be a bit challenging if you make it on a desktop computer. Unless you have developer-level expertise on mobile formatting your Wix website, the service terms for what you offer may be difficult to format.

Susan
Susan

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

WIX Empowers Graphic Designers to Create Great Looking Websites

WIX makes building a quality website with multiple marketing tools affordable. For under $300 a year you can get a full-on website, CRM dashboard (like ZOLO), marketing tools (like Mail Chimp), calendar app, scheduling, online stores. I literally have built a 6-page website in a day. WIX has great customer support and will walk me through steps if I need any help.

Pros

As a BFA graphic designer and marketing consultant, until WIX came on the scene I had to rely on computer Word Press tech people to build my client's websites. I never was happy with the restrictive specs and boring look and feel. WIX modern templates can easily be customized. The drag and drop text blocks, strips, gallery templates, videos, forms, and more can be added and manipulated quickly. WIX has a lot of apps to add on - as well as SEO - get found on Google wizard tools. I no longer have to pay a 3rd party for the part of the website build. Adjusting the mobile version is also an intuitive process. Win-win website software. PLUS, it includes CRM tools, email / content push templates, analytics, and more.

Cons

One feature I miss is being able to do text wraps around images. They explained to me - that if they included the feature it messes with the auto-conversion into the mobile version. Which makes sense. Also it would be great if I had a media library I could use across all of my websites. Each site has its own media library. I understand Square Space has this feature, but it does not have all the other features WIX has I want.

Veronika
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 01/07/2022

Everybody can become website designer/builder with WIX

In addition to offering fantastic products and services, Wix is also available to assist with technical problems or questions about setting up an online store, for example. Wix features an integrated live chat feature where you can quickly receive answers to your queries. Every time I've needed to use the live chat feature, a helpful customer support representative has welcomed me and done all in their ability to answer my question or resolve my problem. When a problem couldn't be resolved right away, it was escalated to another department, and I almost always got an email from that department the next day or so. The email was often sent to let me know that the problem had been resolved. WIX is great! I love it.
They are hands down one of the best website companies with the best customer service team out there.

Pros

Wix has excellent customer service, and I've noticed that it keeps improving over time.
My page now has a simple Google calendar integration that is useful to our neighbors. The capability to specifically alter the website's mobile version is one of my other favorite features.
It has a ton of templates and capabilities, is simple to use and onboard, and has outstanding documentation.

Cons

I couldn't really think of any things he used to build his website that wouldn't be beneficial to any firm. The only problem I occasionally encountered was that Wix occasionally has internet connection slowness and takes a little while to load. However, I've only seen this problem twice. As I previously indicated, I had no problems integrating with the business procedures I was already using.

haseeb

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Wix review

I had a good experience with Wix. I think it's a great platform for people who are looking to build their own website, but don't have much experience. It's easy to use, and they have a lot of options to choose from when it comes to the design of your site. You can also easily add pages and blog posts, which is great if you're looking to keep things organized.

The only thing I wasn't super impressed with was the customer service reps—they seemed kind of robotic at times.

Pros

What I liked most about Wix is how easy it was to get started. The platform is user-friendly, and the interface is intuitive.

It's also really nice that Wix has a ton of templates for designing your website, so you don't have to worry about getting that part right.

I'm really happy with how my site turned out!

Cons

I didn't like the fact that Wix didn't have a lot of features in the free version, and I couldn't get my website to load very quickly.

WordPress VIP and Blogger

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I made the switch to Wix because I wanted a platform that was easy to use, with excellent support. I've been building websites for years and have used multiple platforms. Wix is by far my favorite! The platform is incredibly intuitive, so it's easy to learn even if you're new to web design. I also love that they have a free trial—it means you can get started right away without having to spend any money!

Katya

Reviewed on 05/11/2022

Highly customizable and intuitive UI

Wix was quick and easy to learn and I would recommend it for small to medium sized companies that want to have an online presence but don't want to spend time on the developer side of making a complex website.

Pros

Wix has the customization options that many website builders do not have. Learning curve was pretty low and we were able to create a fully functioning basic website in under a day. It is very user friendly.

Cons

I would have preferred to have more control over the aesthetic of the website, and a downside is that if you are switching to a new template, you have to redesign your entire site.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix has many more customization options and allowed us to make a more unique looking website with more functionalities.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wordpress is more customizable, but has a much larger learning curve.
Mike

Reviewed on 29/06/2023

Wix.com is the place to get your website!

I absolutely love wix.com. theu have everything you need to get your website up and running with the flexibility to create and customize the site that you envision having. It's easy, quick, and less expensive than the competitors.

Pros

The thing I like most about Wix.com is how easy, professional, and affordable they make getting a website for your personal oluse or business. I have a wix.com business site and people constantly comment on how nice and modern my site looks and how easy it is to navigate. I know it said what do I like MOST about Wix.com but it's hard to pick just one thing.

Cons

I guess if I have to pick something it's the fact that I can't create a custom web address without paying for it. If you want to create multiple pages to share photos and give clients the ability to download them and share with their business partners and it doesn't look professional without a custom web address.

Scott
Scott

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Wix websites for beginners to experts!

Great experience with Wix, I would use this, and have suggested it to many of my friends. The ease of use, for an intermediate website person like myself made it a no brainer. I was really happy with the support as well as the tutorial videos and step by steps that Wix provides in order to make your job easier are great. I update my website every week, and Wix is so easy to do it on. I use google docs and excel sheets that are linked to my site, and display without issues.

Wix makes making Websites easy!

Pros

I created my first "real" website using Wix. I inherited a site that has been previously been posted on a different out of the box site. I looked at the other provider, and just felt the options were really limited as to what I could do, and what I wanted to do with the site. I wanted to take what we previously had, and take it up a notch. I wanted to add menu items, forms, video, pictures, and more. I started from scratch with the Wix template, and went from there. I wanted a menu option at the top of the page, but I wanted to have options on how I wanted that menu to look. Wix had a ton of templates you can choose from for menu's as well as page feel and look. You can also upload your own background (which I did) to add a theme to your site. I run a men's hockey league, so I added a rink background to our site. I was very happy with the many options I was able to choose from in order to create the site.

You can also add a page from this menu, hide a page, delete a page, or re-order how you want the pages to be displayed on your site. We run a spring league as well, and during our Winter league, I can hide those pages with ease, and just un-hide them when we are ready to start up our spring league.

Migrating my site from the old host to Wix was seamless as well, and Wix has many tutorials to help with all of this. It made moving my site very easy, and the video help was great!

Cons

You are limited to only so many forms on your site, as well as fields. This was the free forms, that you get with the site. You can pay for more fields, if you need them. Also some add in's cost money, but the ones they provide for free did the job for me.

Serena
  • Industry: Design
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

We can all use it (at least on the easy version)

Extra: As I said before, I've been working on Wix during the last month. I'm not designing a normal website, I'm doing an interactive infographic (whaaaaat???). Yes, Design teachers offered us some websites to design this kind of infographics, truth is that there are many tools thought for this task, such as genial.ly, but no one offers really interactive and versatile choices as wix does. It's really confortable to makek this kind of interactions on a website designer.
Needless to say i'm not using templates, I design everything on Ai and Ps and add them to the UI as pictures or vectors.

Some years before, I first used this app for making a portfolio, in that moment I used a template, but I changed it a lot so it didn't look like my classmates websites. One more point for me, one more point for Wix!

Pros

Personally speaking, i'm not in favor of using templates, and I think any properly called designer should. But, we must understand this app is not thought for designers only, so, templates designs are not bad at all. They are quite simple, customizable and versatile no matter what you need to show on your website. They look so modern too!

I don't think it's the best tool for a complete business website but, for example, it's useful to design menus, cataloges, present a brand, or even yourself (portfolios), usign it as a tool to complement your job. -At least with templates, the blank design tool will give you more chances to show whatever you want.-

For the most experienced designers I sugest working on vectorial and photographic apps at first, and do never use templates, but your resources with the interactions the UI offers.

Cons

About the cons, I don't think this app has many limitations for a normal user, but designers could have some issues.
During the last month I've been working there and the limitation I found was that "cursor effects" are only available on boxes, so if I want to put this effect on an object, I need to put a square box over the object. Altough boxes are invisible, it really changes the experience.
Something similar happens with vectors (properly saved on .svg). If you want to made them clickable, the square that delimitates its form will be clickable too, really unconfortable.

I never needed to conect a domain, but plans are quite expensive among other apps, check what's better for you.

Charles

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Simple and easy to setup and use for small businesses

I have built sites using about every WYSIWYG tool on the market. My go-to is actually Wordpress but I've found that can be a bit cumbersome for really small companies. That one person or 5 person company doesn't need the maintenance headache of a big extensible website. Get something out the door so customers can find you in a day or three is way better than hiring a consultant and putting a lot of time and effort. At least until product-market fit has been identified. The templates in Wix do half the work for us and moving objects around on the screen is easy! It's a great buy for the money.

Pros

I like how simple it is to buy a domain, design a logo, build a quick site, and be selling goods or services or have a nicely SEO-optimized site in minutes or hours rather than days or years. They have graphics that are simple to drag and drop, forms are easy, even booking appointments isn't that difficult. For a basic website, there are few tools on the market that make it as easy!

Cons

Form builders, embedding content, and adding more customizable slide shows without making them seem hard could be better. Also, moving from the really easy stuff to slightly more customizable stuff seems scarier than it needs to be when prompted that once you allow full customization that we can't go back. That's not a big deal at all (still no HTML required).

Howard
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Expert's point of view to Wix Website Builder

Pros

Being an expert in the web building niche, I have reviewed and tested dozens of website builders. This allows me to offers you the unbiased Wix review, providing the most substantial pros and cons of the system that can affect the website creation process as well as the result. My experience allows me to state that Wix is definitely the service, which is worth the attention of all users, with no exception at all. It is equally understandable to newbies and web design pros, which is explained by the intuitive nature, simplicity and variety of features the system unveils to ensure the unsurpassed web building experience. Wix has grown in popularity during the recent years - just have a look around to see how many websites have been created with it lately! The platform has won worldwide recognition, having replaced dozens of web design tools, which were popular before. Its customer base has exceeded 120 millions of users from around 200 countries of the world and it still keeps growing, which is another proof of the system’s usability, professionalism and quality. It is absolutely great for average users willing to launch decent websites for commercial or non-commercial use!

Wix is a universal WYSIWYG website builder, which allows creating different types of websites in a quick and hassle-free way. Wix is based on the SaaS platform, which allows users to create and manage their websites from any mobile device. A convenient drag-and-drop website editor makes it possible to add the blocks and adjust their positions to give a website the required design. No web design or coding skills are needed to do that - so intuitive, simple and user-friendly the system is.

Wix Editor and Wix ADI

Wix allows creating websites in two different ways depending upon the skills and knowledge of a user. Wix Editor is a standard option that offers an opportunity to select and customize a template that comes up to your needs most of all. Wix ADI is an advanced tool, which ensures smooth and intuitive web building process. What you have to do is to provide the info about your company and the system will automatically generate a website for you.

Mobile-Optimized Template Gallery

Wix has an extensive gallery of niche-specific mobile-optimized templates. The system also offers a set of advanced design customization tools that make it possible to give your website the preferred look and functionality. It is also possible to access Wix App Market here to choose between dozens of free and paid applications that can be integrated into your website to ensure stunning website performance.

Blogging and eCommerce Features

Apart from creating standard websites, Wix can be used as a blogging and eCommerce platform. This unveils lots of new opportunities to users, who intend to establish their own web-based businesses.

Affordable Pricing Policy

Wix pricing policy is worth the attention as well. It has a free unlimited plan, the functionality of which is enough to test all the features of the system and five paid plans with diverse functionality that may cover all the web building needs.

Cons

No Template Change Option

Wix doesn't allow changing the template on the go. Once you have chosen a theme to start your website with, you'll have to keep working with it. Otherwise, all the submitted content will be lost. This is a drawback for most inexperienced users, but it’s possible to avoid the problem by making the right choice.

Doubtful Connect Domain Plan

The Connect Domain Plan allows connecting a domain name to your website, but it does not remove the system ad from it. Thus, there is no need to invest into this plan. Instead, it makes sense to upgrade to one of the higher plans that come with no ads included.

These are only a few wix disadvantages, which, however, are not that crucial and can’t overwhelm the benefits of the system. As of today, Wix is, undoubtedly, the leader in the web design niche, which doesn’t have any similar rivals to compete with.