Similarweb Reviews

Visit Website

About Similarweb

Similarweb is a cloud-based website traffic analysis solution, which helps businesses across finance, hospitality, retail, education, media and various other industries track the online activity of customers, prospects, partners...

4.1
4.2

Browse Similarweb Reviews

Francis Carolina
Francis Carolina
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

One of the best tools for digital marketing

With Similarweb I have been able to analyze and segment my audience and that way I have been able to generate digital content on my blog that is more attractive to them. It has allowed me to improve engagement with my readers. In addition to saving time to generate the most appropriate and specialized content.

Pros

Initially I found similar web searching for a tool that would allow me to visualize insights and segment my audience. But then I realized how powerful it is. With Similarweb you not only get analytics from your website, but you can observe the behavior of the target you have defined and their interaction with websites of your competition, which I can describe as a revealing experience for your business. The data provided by Similarweb, show you two scenarios, the first one, helps you to become aware of what is your position with respect to the industry or niche that you are dedicated to and the second scenario, the panorama of your competition. With all these data you can make analyzes and make decisions focused on attracting more customers and improving your products and services.

Cons

Some of the most interesting and attractive features that characterize Similarweb are available only in the premium version. However, in the free version there are also very useful functions.

Alyssa
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 25/06/2024

Great analytics platform

It's a great, easy to use platform that provides updates on a monthly basis that is available straight away

Pros

I like how you can compare your brand with other competing brands in the market and get a real understanding of your competitive landscape while also being able to see how your brand is performing across key metrics

Cons

I don't like how it doesn't track app or mobile which doesn't make the numbers a true representation

William
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 11/09/2017

Untrustworthy Information

The few benefits included a great way of easily seeing how your website traffic compares to competitors

Pros

The feature of being able to see a competitors traffic and where you are listed per country.
This info when first seen is easy to follow and understand

Cons

The reliability of their statistics has to be severely questioned, its even worse than Alexas efforts.
Google states a set amount of traffic, Statcounter gave the same figures where as similarweb gave a totally different number and way out of proportion to the two above mentioned stat related websites.

Top Similarweb Alternatives

Digvijay

Must Have for Ad Tech Companies

Pros

SImilar Web is a very useful tool both for advertisers and publishers. This is a very useful tool for SDR's while evaluating prospects and gives valuable insights on competitors, traffic and every digital information associated with a website. It has been very helpful in growing our business in multiple dimensions.

Cons

Only con that I see is that for many websites advertising data for a website is not correct and similarweb should consider improving it

Samantha
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/07/2024

Excellent and quick source of data and visualization

Pros

Quick, easy, intuitive ways to find the data you need. Visualization tools make the data clear and easy to explain.

Cons

Not really a con, but I know there are other capabilities in the tool I do not utilize. I can reach out to my rep, as my rep has offered countless times to help me with reports to solve my business problems, I just haven't met yet (so this is on me!). But more broader trainings for each company (so a training for Amazon employees specifically) would be helpful!

Kishalaya

Very helpful

Very helpful tool to use which I recommend everyone for their own kind of job description

Pros

I am amazed after using SimilarWeb tool. It is a very helpful tool that gives us brand analytics. Very easy to use.

Cons

Nothing so far. But we should be having some feature that can keep the user logged in for a little longer time

mike

Reviewed on 02/07/2024

Sales review

Pros

The ease of use to find leads and company info.

Cons

Navigating inside the tool . I wish it was simpler

Sameera
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Indeed Simialweb

Pros

The Dashboard & web analytics, traffic details

Cons

Nothing that I dislike about similarweb.

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 02/07/2024

Web Analytics

great to refer to gain visibility on one companies traffic and such

Pros

web analytic metrics are great for me to compare the visitors that are overlapping with my potential clients

Cons

lack of education on the platform. I feel that there are a lot of different resources that I can utilize on the platform that I am not aware of!

Themis
Themis
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Very useful software for Seo and competitive research

Very nice software with a lot of tools (but not free)

Pros

I used similar web in order to check all aspects of my competitors

Cons

There is no many free activities you can do through free trial

Mert

Reviewed on 21/08/2022

Marketing Insights for SimilarWeb

I am using SimilarWeb to understand my competitors website and their marketing strategy. I am focusing what they are doing and try to understand my marketing insights.

Pros

SimilarWeb has important features to focus your marketing analytics. There are lots of insights for competitors and you can understand their strategy.

Cons

SimilarWeb offers valuable features but it works really slow while you are preparing your marketing insights. Also SimilarWeb is quite expensive than other marketing tools.

Gaia
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

A great tool to evaluate websites

Pros

I love the chrome extention and I constantly use it to evaluate press websites to work put the actual value of clippings we obtain through organic pr content.It gives us great insight on traffic sources and it helps us evaluate the trustworthiness of media kits that we receive (spoiler: most of the times media kit data is inflated, similar web helps call those out)

Cons

It doesn't work properly on smaller websites and it does not provide insights on lesser known websites

Prasath
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

SimilarWeb Pro - Wide range of features for free

1. Easy to use
2. Activities aren't just tech-based Can be used to compare sites side by side
3. SimilarWeb Pro is a great tool for SEO research, especially when comparing the performance of multiple websites in a single sector, such as travel or beauty. Although the site is free, it is limited by the amount of web traffic it can track.

Pros

1.SimilarWeb is a popular website analytics solution that provides a wide range of features for free and also offers paid plans for advanced needs.
2. It is widely used by small and large businesses alike to get an understanding of their website's performance, such as how many visitors have come to their site and how long they spent on the site.
3.It is also a great tool for SEO professionals to use to improve their rankings, as it can provide insights into which of their competitors are getting higher-quality traffic and which keywords are bringing in the most visitors.
4.It is both easy to use and provides a great deal of information for free, which makes it a great option for anyone looking to get a quick grasp on their website's performance.

Cons

The biggest disadvantage of SimilarWeb Pro is the limited amount of data it can show. It only shows the basic information about a website such as how many pages it has, how many visitors it receives, how many emails it sends, and how many ad views it has. This can be a limiting factor if you want to do advanced

Ganga
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 10/08/2022

Help to find out understand traffic sources and the competition

I use SimilarWeb Pro every day to research competitors and analyze market share, traffic, engagement, and page performance metrics. I love how it's a simple and straightforward tool that allows me to see the most important information I need in one place.

Pros

It's a great way to see how our website is doing in terms of its ranking, traffic, backlinks, marketing efficiency, and more. The app itself is free, however, you can upgrade to get access to features like keyword tracking, competitor tracking, and more. It's an affordable tool that is well worth its price.

Cons

SimilarWeb Pro is a must-have application for any marketer, developer, or entrepreneur that needs to track their competitor's web traffic, visitors, and conversions.

Emanuele

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

A must have tool for any digital marketer

Pros

This tool is the best entry-level solution for studying any website.
It returns useful information that any digital marketer shall know about the competition.
Just install the Chrome extension and verify in 1 click the history on any website.

Cons

Very useful for big websites, but it does not track the websites with low traffic.

Thabiso
Thabiso

Reviewed on 12/09/2022

Similarweb pros and cons

Similarweb is a good tool that is useful for business and can upscale it if used frequently and properly

Pros

When I want to advertise on specific region, it is easier to see where most clicks come from and if they offer marketing campaigns, I utilize that

Cons

When you analyze some websites which have small traffic, no data to be found, hence it's not easy to assess your performance compared to your growing competitors

Augustin Jr.
Augustin Jr.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 01/06/2021

BEST TRAFFIC AND ENGAGEMENT SOFTWARE

My Overall Experience With This Software was Great!!

it really helped me when doing research online
and when I'm trying to find out information on different sites and companies...

Pros

I love the fact that you're able to view websites analytics by one click of a buttons …..

I also love that you get information on which country's the traffic is coming from and also it shows you if its via search , direct etc..

Cons

I don't really have any Cons For This Software it works as it should
I just think they should have a longer free trial session

Dan
Dan

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Great product for salespeople!

Pros

Great insights into the target accounts web traffic/advertising data

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Does all i expect it to.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Great help for Prospecting

Pros

I used this tool at my positions at SaaS companies to see the potential traffic that a website receives as well as the referral traffic sources and geography of a sites user base. This tool has been invaluable to me with prospecting new business!

Cons

The only downfall is that some of the numbers posted by SimilarWeb are wildly inaccurate if you ask the website to verify with their own sources. This can then make forecasting for certain sites difficult

Quentin

Reviewed on 12/02/2023

Great for competitive web analytics

Pros

It's very useful to assess key web analytics metrics for your competition or prospects.

Cons

Nothing really. It's very useful and I haven't encountered anything that I don't like.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

Awesome tool for web analytics

My overall experience is really good. I also used chrome extension which is very easy to use.

Pros

We used this tool to check on the competition's performance by tracking their traffick, referrals, link and other data. This provides a base for our organic and paid media strategy. This enabled us to outperform pur competitors.

Cons

There are some features which are not so necessary and can be removed. These create hindrance and distraction sometimes.

Ale
  • Industry: Newspapers
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

Great tool for Website Analysis

We use it for Competitive analysis on how much traffic and how is generate on other website

Pros

SimilarWeb Pro is really nice grow hack tool for measuring the site traffic, you can view the traffic sources that generate traffic to any website.

What i like?
- Easy to use
- Competitive analysis
- Accurate data
- traffic sources
- SEO and PPC Keywords
- Popular Pages

Cons

The Pricing, is really expensive.

Have a bug on the registration if you use a geo domain cannot register (.com.ar) that is really anoying

Dianne
Dianne

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Similar Sites lets me target businesses who should know about my software

Similar Sites makes my life a lot easier and saves me so much time. I know I would miss opportunities if I wasn't using this too.

Pros

I like the fact that I can go to a typical customer's website and use Similar Sites to show me a list of companies that fit the same profile.

Ciprian

Reviewed on 05/01/2020

Good tool for prospecting SEO clients

Pros

I use this for each SEO/SEM/CRO client before sending a detailed analysis. It's one of the tools I always use and it returns pretty accurate results, even without linking it to any analytics platform.

Cons

Pricing plans are a bit high for the premium features.

Reviewed on 27/08/2021

Easy Competitive Analysis Tool

Pros

We use this tool in pitches and it gives us a great competitive insight into our competitors and their activity.

Cons

No real complaints - the user interface isn't as easy as other tools - but the data is spot on.