About Sage 100

Sage 100 is a cloud-connected ERP platform (Enterprise Resource Planning) for medium-sized manufacturers, distributors, and professional service companies. Finance, budgeting, planning, inventory, supply chain, production...

3.7
3.9
3.8
3.7

Browse Sage 100 Reviews

Renee

Reviewed on 18/02/2017

Fortunately this version has been upgraded

I work in the manufacturing industry, specifically a foundry in Chicago.
Several factors bias my experience with MAS90/Sage 100. I was introduced to the software with no training or reference guide because the woman before me left suddenly and without any documentation. In a certain perspective that speaks well of this product in that simply by internet research and experimentation, as well as a few call to our highly paid "Sage" support line, I have been able to work with the system adequately.
I would love to upgrade to a new version of this Sage product and imagine that it is very likely a much cleaner and straight forward operating system
For instance, the difference between reversing a check and simply reversing the G/L transaction are two different procedures and a third procedure to void a check that has never been issued is a different procedure entirely from voiding a check that you have placed a stop payment on. In a sense, these five distinctions would be ideal for a precise audit trail if the procedures themselves were not extremely complex and vague to distinguish.
The General Leger reports are clear and are in themselves user friendly in offering the opportunity to easily make accrued and adjusting entries.
I would certainly encourage anyone to investigate the newer versions of Sage in consideration of their industry specific needs.
We have not created a direct interface between our receivables data base "Exact" directly into MAS 90 due to the particular need to maintain specific Alloy/Customer information and our small company simply lacks the time and technical understanding to do so.
Again my situation is severely biased due to my particular circumstances and I believe a newer version of Sage may very likely be an excellent ERP.

Pros

If I can figure out a highly antiquated version of their product without internal direction and assistance, I suspect the newer versions of Sage can only be fat superior.

Cons

A complete mire of ambiguity when it comes to the Accounts Payable component in this ancient version by Sage:MAS 90

Jason
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Great for Small Businesses

Sage 100 acts as the accounting system for our entire business. It's great for small businesses like ours.

Pros

We use Sage 100 for A/P, A/R, and G/L and those modules work great for our business. The interface is simple to use and customizable so you can see only the fields that are important to you. We've also built several import jobs to be able to import data from our other systems.

Cons

My only complaint with Sage 100 is that it practically requires a third-party to help you implement and upgrade every so often. I wish the upgrade process was more intuitive and better documented so that a third-party would not be necessary.

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

The right choice to handle your Product Lifecycle Management.

It has so many modules that you can use from Bill of materials on products and components, inventory of the products and components, the billing of customers and suppliers and the management of in process products in the manufacturing phase.

Pros

The way you can manage the bill of material when developing and maintaining products in the manufacturing facility.

Cons

Sometimes it goes very slow when changing from interfaces of different modules.

Top Sage 100 Alternatives

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

SAP Customer Experience

Blake
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

Huge improvements over earlier Sage products

We've been able to greatly improve how our manufacturing processes across various locations are reflected in our budgets and accounting practices. It's saved us thousands of hours per year in terms of extracting the data, manipulating it, and putting it back into Sage for final reporting. You can now do that within Sage 100.

Pros

Our organization moved from Sage 50 to Sage 100 and wow, what a difference! We thought Sage was the issue, but really the business had just outgrown the more base version of the software. Sage 100 can fully handle complex costing and processes present in a modern day manufacturing business. It can collect data at various nodes in the process and roll them up for budgeting and forecasting.

Cons

We use a lot of agile software platforms on our sales and ecommerce side of the business, and Sage 100's API catalog doesn't really keep up with what's needed to move quickly in 2020.

The organization had outgrown Sage50 and needed more robust accounting software

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

We were familiar with Sage and their support team from our previous usage of Sage50.
Stosh
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 16/05/2020

To many steps to do simple daily process

Sage works, support companies and eide bailey sold it to us did not do there due diligence in my opinion selling us the software we needed that would handle what we do. Integration problems and being told to use a certain card processing that did not work without a bridge with fusion costing us more money and have had it out 4 times in the last week.

Pros

The accounting portion is probably the most complete.

Cons

To me there is several cons we have found after the purchase. My biggest complaint being the amount of time it takes to do simple process. Example: when we have price changes and adjustments to make, it can not be done from a central place. As a dealer that is retail and wholesale both, we have to change retail in one screen, wholesale on another, and finally cost in a completely different location. When you have 30k items this takes 4 times longer than other systems. My other major complaint is dealing with several different companies to get everything you need to support sage for daily operation. We have experienced finger pointing back and forth from the support companies of whose problem it is and nothing gets corrected for months. As I say we are over 2 years from our sign up and it has been a multitude of issues and we are still not complete. Delays on large orders put into fusion portion are a time killer.

Revel Systems

Problems with the accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Supposedly it will do way more than we will ever use, if it does I haven't realized it as of yet. FYI I have filled out a survey before after the first year and was contacted once about my issues and no one has ever got back with me and addressed any of the issues. It has went up the chain a few months after and again no response.
Jim
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

Sage 100 Review

We migrated from QuickBooks Enterprise to Sage 100 in 2015. We have had no regrets on this migration and believe we have much better control of our inventory which drives our financial results.

Pros

Sage 100 has all of the features that our small business needs. We require inventory management with bills of materials and work orders. Sage does an excellent job handling this.

Cons

It is not a case of dislike but more of under optimized. The general ledger system is not fully developed for drill down capability. All of the information is in a relational database but accessing inquiring type information is more cumbersome than it needs to be. We have written Crystal reports to accommodate this need.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100

QuickBooks Enterprise was not able to provide the inventory management that we required.

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

We believed that Sage 100 was an easier migration path for our company compared to Dynamics. We also believed that Sage 100 was easier to use for our user base.
Kenneth
  • Industry: Maritime

Sage 100c 2017 - 2019 review

Company replaced Platinum for DOS which had been in place for 20+ years. So moving to Sage 100c and having the ability to drill down into the data is a great feature. Being able to email invoices/purchase orders have improved the productivity of employees (they no longer have to go look for hard copies).

Pros

First off is the User Define Fields (UDF), if a field is not in the software or you have something unique that needs to be captured, as an end user you can add the field without custom programming or use of a VAR. The next feature would be Visual Integrator (Import/Export utility), this feature is great for either uploading data into Sage or exporting data for analysis. Memo Fields are great! Paperless Office is great along with the ability to email invoices, purchase orders, etc. Sage Intelligence is a love/hate relationship: Very easy to build reports, but the runtime for running reports takes a long time (i.e. most of my reports 1-2 minutes) versus the standard Sage financial reports of 10-15 seconds.

Cons

The Extended Description for inventory items. For the life of me, not sure why Sage still uses the Extended Description in inventory. This makes it very difficult for data imports or exports. If your company does drop shipments then really understand how it works. On the inventory side you end up with a black hole. Moving invoices from one batch to another is limited utility due to no one can be in the batch, so we end up moving invoices after hours. When running the Period End process for a module locks users out, so this normally has to be done during none business hours. Sage is weak in the inventory physical count area (i.e. cycle counting).

Jeff
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Solid mid-market enterprise accounting system, with quirks

Very solid system with a few frustrating quirks. You will need to host any version of Sage 100. Consider a cloud-based software as an alternative (Sage Intacct perhaps, although the price skyrockets compared to Sage 100).

Pros

-very cost-friendly pricing for small or medium sized businesses. this is the biggest selling point for Sage to me - it beats Quickbooks as a more ERP level system but is still very reasonably priced

-solid on standard accounting

-multi-company/location/entity reporting

-import/export works well

-test company option helps new users acclimate

-simple bank reconciliation module

-security and role definitions

-GL reports are very useful to financial experts

Cons

-bank reconciliation doesn't force you to reconcile to the GL cash account. That defeats the purpose of a reconciliation...

-there is almost no customizability to the financial statements. I guarantee you will need to export (Excel) or use a different software (Crystal Reports) to build your monthly financials.

-Sage 100 products are hosted in-house, so in the age of the cloud, you will still need to purchase and support your own server, a pain for a small or medium sized business.

-there are no "drill down" options in financial statements. That ability in Management Reporter was a huge plus in Microsoft Dynamics products.

-Multi-fund reporting cannot be consolidated (unless this is an add on module we didn't purchase)

-There are no reports that show unposted JEs

-AP voids and invoice reversals are a NIGHTMARE. Seriously, my staff lose sleep over trying to never need to void a check in Sage.

-Dashboards are basic. It feels very "old" as a system compared to new cloud-based options.

-No auto reconciliation. I've heard that's a selling point of Xero.

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

Great software for a small growing business

There have been some nice improvements in the 18 years we have been using Sage 100/MAS90. It is not cheap, but gets the job done. They must continue to use customer feedback to make the right improvements to the software and not change features users heavily rely on.

Pros

Customer service has been great. They do everything they can to help resolve issues. Sage’s scalability has allowed the software to grow along with our needs. 3rd Party software works best if has partnered with Sage to get updates that allow for testing prior to a new update being released.

Cons

It seems that along with some enhancements you get when upgrading, you may lose some functionality such as when printing travelers that now require more steps to complete. Custom reports and integrations can be costly because a Sage reseller is needed for support.

Bill
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Software that is easy to customize to fit your exact needs

All in all, this is a good product with options for growth as your business needs change.

Pros

Sage 100 Advanced ERP allows you to create data fields that are unique to your business and have the data flow through the various processes and data files. We have added over 100 fields to our invoicing forms, and the data flows from the sales order to the invoice, to the accounts receivable history. The data entry screens are easily modified to add any custom fields you need. The forms for printing documents are also easily modified via Crystal Reports. We utilize Crystal Reports to perform error checking at the order entry point to alert the order entry and billing clerks if there any issues with the order that needs to be corrected. We check to see if purchase orders are required. If they are, is one on the order? We check to ensure the sales tax code is correct for the shipping address. There are easily a dozen things we check, all utilizing the tools built into Crystal Reports. We have been using this software since the mid-1990's and have upgraded year after year. The upgrades are much easier than they used to be and the features that have been added over the last few years are great additions to the software.

Cons

Some of the processes are more complicated than they need to be. Recording pre-payments on A/R or A/P invoices is a prime example. The process for both should be re-evaluated, and the process should be the same for any pre-payment that needs to be recorded. Some of the module pricing doesn't make any sense. The asset module is way too expensive when compared to other options available.

Craig

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

SAGE 100 is a Winner

Overall, Sage has helped with running our business and keeping everything straight - I would say my (our) experience with Sage has been a positive one.

Pros

It is a very robust package of modules - each module is for a specific task - general ledger, AP, AR, Inventory, etc. Once you have your company setup you assign your staff to be responsible for one of the modules and they become the expert in the module. All modules are integrated with the other modules so there is no need to upload and run sync programs - it is all done for you.

Cons

Sometimes the modules are not as intuitive as other modules - I can only guess different software designers designed different modules and therefore the nuances of writing logical code differ from individual to individual. This makes more a bit of discontinuity across the modules. Somethings a module will crash due to some parameter not having a specific number or letter in the database (don't even know how that would happen!) and you cannot diagnose it yourself - you have to call customer service. It will cost you money if you don't have a CS plan and chew up at least an hour of your time. However, in fairness it does not happen too often.

Ezechiel Narcisse

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

New Sage 100cloud software is great

I've been working with Sage 100cloud for the past 6 months. With my busy schedule and the number of clients I'm servicing, I don't have the time to keep track of all my business finances. Sage 100cloud is the perfect solution for me. I can track my cash in and out, see where I'm at with my payables and receivables and create reports for my accountant. I also use the supply chain module to track my suppliers and create an automated purchase order system. Sage 100cloud is a great solution for businesses that don't have time to keep up with their finances.

Pros

I was looking for a new cloud-based solution to manage my accounting and finances because my old program was not able to handle my business' complicated processes, and I found Sage 100cloud. This solution helps simplify your finances by providing a single source of data for items like cash management, financial procedures and supply chain management. You can manage your entire business from anywhere on any device, so I can check my finances from my phone or tablet.

Cons

I haven't really had any issues with this product so far.

Sharon
  • Industry: Publishing

A FULLY INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SOLUTION

Using Sage 100C has provided more flexibility to the workforce and has increased productivity over the old VPN solution. With an increase in work from home scenarios, this has proven to be a helpful addition to our software solutions in conducting business.

Pros

The program has many robust features with integrated billing, and having the ability to select batch or live processing allows us to be flexible with each department. The fact that you can modify areas of the software to support your own needs is a big positive in our book. Sage does a great job with reports and extracting data to excel. The fact that it fully integrates through GL makes it very easy to use within the entire organization.

Cons

I would like to see larger fields to capture pertinent information. Additional user-defined fields that can be integrated with report design would be a nice addition. The ability to modify the canned reports and turn them into a custom report would really be helpful.

Victoria

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Perfect ERP Software for medium sized businesses

We have been with Sage for almost 7 years and it has saved us much time and money. Our old software was clunky and not customizable. We are able to now do multiple tasks at the same time, even within different companies.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of customization. Excellent customer support, excellent value for the money. Great for organizations with multiple entities - ability to switch between companies/work in different companies at the same time.

Cons

After a sales order is completed, you cannot "resurrect" it - you must generate a new number and "copy" the old sales order from history.

CHERRY
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE

ALOT

Pros

EVERYTHING EASE OF WORKING .. BALANCING BOOKS

Cons

PAYROLL - YOU HAVE TO RUN 2 DIFFERENT PAY PERIODS SEPARATE

Trey

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Good program

Pros

There seems to be a module for just about everything we need to within out company, which is very nice. It was pretty easy to learn with just a little bit of practice, much of it is self explanatory to new users! I do believe that ease of use is a major pro for Sage 100. I'm pleased with amount of data/reports we can process and print out, the information we need is almost always at our finger tips.

Cons

With multiple people using this throughout our organization, it'd be nice if two people could be in the same module at once. We're constantly going door to door trying to figure out who's in a certain module and when they'll be out of it. We reference a pay rate change report often, every time we click out of it, it asks if we want to purge all the files. Someone will accidentally click it someday- why would we want to do that? I also find myself getting a number of errors and the program shutting down on me. Often times if I shut my computer down and try again it'll work correctly when I open it back up.

Kathryn

waiting for many enhancements Sage 100 Contractor

been a struggle and had to create many manual systems outside the software to operate and manage the business

Pros

covers all the basic functions

Cons

missing many key functions, has too many restricted areas that need to be more user-friendly, that were not designed by real life users

FOUNDATION

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

had hoped that the large software company would use its resources as the sales rep promised to get the enhancements we were told were in the works, years ago. We are still waiting and have reminded Sage every year since.
Kimberly

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

A Well Travelled Work Horse

Its a great product for the small business client looking for audit-compliance, reporting and a trust-worthy product without spending a lot. If mobility is not a huge concern for you and you want to keep your operating costs low, choose Sage 100.

Pros

Sage 100 is very well suited for financial record keeping, distribution management and reporting on these business operations. Functionally, it is very reliable and straight forward to use. It was the first accounting software I ever used in a professional setting and I continue to think in terms of the way items are processed in Sage 100. Because it has been around for decades, there is a substantial amount of knowledge available to new users by way of Sage City and the number of consultants available for support is also a huge asset. The subscription pricing makes it very simple to purchase and include as an operating cost for the lifetime of the business and there are great integrations available in the channel.

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app that gave access to the approval functions and other areas of the product that would be convenient when traveling away from the office - or even just working remotely. Remote accessing a server is very inconvenient and there are so many browser-based systems in business already. Sage 100 feels behind the times without this functionality.

Johanes
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100 - My Review

It's good, but your Sage Reporting and what else so confusing, it must have this and that license it ended up adding money which total subscription is not viable for small business pricing but medium or larger business. so we use barebones as what we have now.

Pros

Easy for user especially modules which is showing step by step

Cons

to add module costs lots of money, does not make sense for small business like our Company, your pricing is comparable for medium or large business pricing

SAP Customer Experience

no plan to find alternative yet due to covid-19 business environment
  • Industry: Warehousing

Sage 100 Review

We have been able to grow our company and the suite has been able to support this with enough customization and scalability.

Pros

We have been using the Sage ERP Suite for over 10 years and it has been very reliable with only a few issues along the way. In there new releases they have mitigated the issues we have run into. We have been able to customize quite a bit to make it more streamlined for our users.

Cons

Payroll we had some issues with and moved to another solution.

NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Convenience and product familiarity.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Long Time User

Customer support is usually goo

Pros

The day to day use of the software works well

Cons

Every time we update the software or move to a new version, we have glitches and have to call for support.
It's also harder now to make custom reports for payroll (since it is a stand alone module)

RHONDA
  • Industry: Printing

I don't have cloud just Sage 100

I don't have Sage 100 cloud?

Pros

The support people were excellent to work with and made our transition in 2012 as easy as a new installation could ever get. I also like that all the areas are similar, so if you know Order Entry you can translate that knowledge to say Purchasing.

Cons

When i go to create custom reports there are databases with the last three letters WRK. It would be great to have access to those databases; i realize they are a combination of existing databases but they have everything i usually need for a custom report.
The bug in the current software update where you can't close the ship-to-address box in the right corner is annoying.

Kristina

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

Sage 100cloud Review

Way better than peachtree older version. Have not had any issues other than it's kinda slow

Pros

I like how everything is linied together kinda of like quickbooks. It's pretty simple to use and has step by step guidance

Cons

Its kinda slow at times. We upgraded from peachtree so it's way better than that. Honestly nothing I can say bad other than its slow

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100

We had to change as our certificate was expired

Fits my company more
Tracy
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100 -

Pros

All the modules are set up the same. We have 8 modules and the set up is the same style.

Cons

Reporting could be easier. They are moving to crystal reports and being able to export from each module but they are not there yet. Attaching tables is a pain to deal with.

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Very good software. Has gotten better over time. Still room for improvement

I've been using Sage 100 for more than twenty years and it's a great tool most of the time. Databases were improved module by module several years ago and that made a huge difference in stability and reliability.

Work flow is consistent across modules. Once you understand Sage's way of managing workflow, it translates to other software modules, so there is less to learn.

Pros

Full featured. Has what you need in most modules to run a typical company. Decent implementation of Paperless office. Print and linking PDF copies of most documents is great.

Cons

Workflow can be frustrating or cryptic in rare cases. Implementation of paperless office, particularly for PDF invoices and uploaded documents is really good, but not great.

Needs better inventory work order management. Basic integration is terrible, GREAT integration is too full featured. We need something in between. Just a basic Work order process that actually works.