About Salesforce Sales Cloud

Grow your revenue and profits with intelligent sales automation with Sales Cloud. Help every rep be more efficient. Close more deals. Collect cash faster. Boost growth and profit with intelligent automation and integrated tools...

4.1

Browse Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

17,546 of 17,546 reviews

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Salesforce - Marketing & Lead Gen

We are using Salesforce to streamline new business leads and nurture leads into actual sales. We are able to analyze, vet, engage, and track the progress of the new leads we receive from our Facebook lead gen ads. Salesforce integrates directly into Facebook's Business Manager and automatically imports new leads in real-time. We are also able to see the cost per lead acquired and other rich insights from our Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns that get directly populated into our dash.

Pros

Salesforce is one of the most powerful and sophisticated CRMs available. The onboarding process and demos with the reps were exceptionally helpful. The reps really took time to understand our CRM needs, our workflow process, and how we can best utilize/adopt Salesforce into our new business department to grow revenue and track progress. The tool is completely customizable and has very advanced marketing integrations within the cloud. The ability to track leads and history (who followed up and when) and add notes and assign leads to specific people makes the entire workflow so much more efficient. It's worth the price tag if you take advantages of the features.

Cons

We wish the marketing cloud add on wasn't so expensive. There are many tools available that offer the same features such as Sprout Social and Hubspot. However, the price was a little steep for the $6,000. I also wish pricing was a bit more transparent. The discounts and contract lengths have been very inconsistent in our experience.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Much more advanced features for large scale lead gen needs.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Great reviews and exceptional customer service/reps.
Rahul
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

CRM that need more development efforts

Less likely to recommend the service as it is night mare for me to analyze and develop few things

Pros

Cost and support is the case, I tried only by seeing their promotions

Cons

Very difficult to develop and training employees is the bigger challenge

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I justed tested salesfornce and zoo together but I purchased zoho
Boyd

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Salesforce: The Expensive Customizable CRM/Platform

We use Salesforce both as a CRM internally and also a platform to release our web-based software. It's a solid CRM and a solid platform, but it does have some major limitations that really cause us to question our decision to go with Salesforce. The first is the lack of a native backup solution. Salesforce instead asks you to work with third-party backup solutions which are incredibly expensive. If you think your Salesforce licensing is expensive, wait until you ask for a backup provider solution. You are looking at thousands of dollars a month, which is price prohibitive for small companies. Salesforce will let you export your data weekly (not daily) but it's all just in plain CSV files. If you ever need to restore that data, it's nearly impossible. This is largely why the backup providers charge so much, because of the need to rebuild a complex database system with all the relationships, junction objects, etc.The software is extremely customizable, with the ability to create custom objects, fields, relationships on the fly. This is where Salesforce is remarkable -- their code and database renders changes on the fly, so you don't need to wait to use any of these. You can build a custom object, add fields, and start capturing data immediately. Missed a field? Add it and update your page layouts and keep going.However, bear in mind that every feature in Salesforce is also a hurdle.

Pros

Extremely customizable and extensibleEasy to build custom objects, fields, relationships between objects, etc.No-code Flows offer an ability to automate your system without resorting to Apex codeAppExchange offers multiple tools to expand your org's usability and integrate with other web-based applicationsMassive infrastructure and widespread adoption increases ability to interact with other web-based applicationsLarge 24/7 support teamPermissions are very granularStrong API support with capability to update org metadata using VS Code and other toolsHIPAA/HITECH/SOC certified

Cons

No native backup solution (and if you ever need to restore, good luck!)Very expensiveComplicated licensing and versions (Standard, Enterprise, Unlimited, etc.)Permissions are endlessly complex to configure and maintainEndlessly complex to maintain (private vs public list views, related lists, page layouts, lightning layouts, sharing settings, Flows, reports, dashboards, etc.)Salesforce make changes on a quarterly cycle which can impact your business processesInconsistent platform behaviors (Classic vs Lightning)Limitations can be incredibly frustrating, often with no workaroundsNot an ideal solution for small companies

Top Salesforce Sales Cloud Alternatives

Sumit
  • Industry: Banking
2.5

Reviewed on 30/06/2015

Running AGILE CRM projects on Salesforce

Pros

This is the best of the breed CRM that leverages cloud infrastructure to its fullest. It integrates well with a lot of 3rd party products required in your CRM ecosystem. However, well does not mean its quick and easy..you still are dealing with a packaged application. Which means you will require integration points / interfaces every time you are trying to use the back and the CX front end. This factor is more highlighted during a CX endeavour. It is still the least effort intensive compared to the other top CRM's. One of the key strengths is in the sales / marketing modules.

Cons

Its not a product fault or vendor fault. In fact if your are running an agile project on top of this CRM just be mindful of the fact that it is a packaged product so applying a CX layer on top of the back end is not an easy initiative. Simply put it is not a purpose built software it has some good foundations/ technical architecture. If you want to use AWS for a implementation then it is a strong contender.However, if you want to run CRM features in-house and constantly look for the industry depth in functionality then this is a wrong choice.

Denver
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 04/10/2022

Heavy but very useful

Pros

Having recently been forced to compare another CRM to Salesforce it became clear very quickly that while Salesforce is often lamented for its weight and complexity, it is very much the leader for a reason.

It integrates into pretty much anything, can run configurable reports for days and is our system of truth here.

Cons

Like I said, SFDC is a heavy platform. There are tons of features and capabilities that have only the most obscure use (especially to end users), that said this is what allows it to be all things to all people. There are easier-to-use CRMs, that are cheaper and faster but none as robust.

Alex

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Great for giant business not for small size businesses

Overall my experience was good and the CRM functions amazing. Getting user buy in was very hard as the system is difficult to use. I’d highly recommend that you use and implementation team and fully plan out the strategy for training prior to launch. This isn’t an easy software platform for all to figure out quickly.

Pros

Tons of different features available if you can figure it out. Reporting is amazing on dashboards once developed properly. Functionally works well on mobile devices as well

Cons

Hard to use. Hard to setup and very costly if you’re a small to medium sized business. Unless you have total buy in and an implementation team it will be hard to be successful using this software. The cost is very high but you also get an extremely intuitive CRM with reporting.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

At the end of the day ownership made this decision prior to me joining the team. Worked through many issues with data and trying to get it corrected.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

Great way to automate and streamline outreach and leads

Overall I am happy with Salesforce - it has brought my outreach to a new level and helped with business growth.

Pros

Managing my sales funnel is so much easier with Salesforce Sales Cloud. It has helped me stay on top of my outreach and get the results I need.

Cons

Price is a bit higher than other alternatives and customizing categories can be a bit tricky.

Reviewed on 09/01/2023

Pros

SF very easy to use offer a good dispatch for each department

Cons

I haven't seen anything so far, the first time using little bit confusing but easy to catch up to it , and feel the dashboard.

Marian Nicole
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

It made my life easy

The platform's flexibility to be customized greatly aids in coordinating company procedures with customer needs. Because many customizations may be made using menus rather than coding. Learning to customize objects is easy and straightforward. Thanks to the out-of-the-box tools included in the Salesforce Service Cloud, which is very flexible and easy to use. I really love it!

Pros

You don't have to start form the scratch, which is something I amazed about Salesforce Sales Cloud. This platform will handle the remainder of the job after you upload your existing file there. Rich integration options are one of advantage of Sales Cloud wherein you can do a business operation without needlessly switching tools. I'll gain from as well as it helps me simplify my job and life.

Cons

Some functionalities may not be available at all. Error do occur, but it is still manageable. Merging duplicate cases is not a built-in capability. This feature ought to be integrated directly into Salesforce's software. However, when I encountered some issues, the staff was immediately responding and providing their best to fix the problem right away,

Minsu
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

Useful but might use some tweaking

It helps to have a range of visible ways to explore that data. For overall sales by product, I like line graphs.

Pros

Contracts are simple.Tracking is provided.Routine chores can be automated.

Cons

No specific suggestions for improvement.Some technological glitches...It is debatable whether regular costs for this level of program should be paid.

Evita
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 14/09/2019

Salesforce: A user-friendly CRM System

The non-profit organization that I work for, Interfaith Caregivers has been using Salesforce for a year. I'm so glad that we decided on this system because I have used it previously in other places of work. One of the reasons why we went with Salesforce was to manage a marketing/fundraiser campaign that we have every year. We were able to store our donor and board members and create a campaign just for them to use as a communication tool and to begin the fundraiser campaign for our annual gala. It was also very easy and much needed to track donor and fundraiser payments for the gala. We are able to store multiple templates which consist of donor thank you letters in the template field. This is a very helpful feature!

Pros

Cons

It is hard for me to dislike Salesforce. I appreciate the fact that we were able to get the nonprofit discount. Also we were able to use the 10 free licenses since we have 10 employees!

I would say the only thing is that I look forward to seeing how Salesforce will continue to grow and evolve and offer other packages to improve the CRM experience. Currently I have not ran into any problems.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Salesforce review

My overall experience with Salesforce is that initially it is difficult to learn how to use. The user's experience in learning how to implement and incorporate it is not pleasant. However, once you start playing around with it more and more, you get the hang of it and it does ease everyday tasks for members across all organizations within a company.

Pros

What I like most about this product is that my team and company was looking for a product in order to ease the customization of widgets and components, automate tasks for users that were tedious and time-consuming, and streamline the process of customer's feedback to the customer support team to the implementation and design team. Salesforce was able to offer solutions in order to solve all those problems, all while allowing us to customize various apps and dashboards in order to meet our customers' and business needs.

Cons

What I liked least about the software is the documentation and learning curve that came with incorporating and implementing using Salesforce. I was part of the team analyzing if Salesforce was right for my business, and documentation about customizing styling and allowing different users to have different roles within your corporate account were difficult things to find. After speaking with several people who work at Salesforce and swiping through pages and pages of online material, we were able to play around and find what works best for us. Definitely incorporate the learning curve into your business plan if you plan to use Salesforce.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

The main reason my company was looking for a switch was for more ability to customize while keeping the price low that we paid for the solution.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Both of the other products we looked at had terrible customer service, were costly, and did not allow for the customization and wide breadth of options we were looking for. The learning curve for those were much greater and we didn't get more out of them for our business needs.
yash
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

Best CRM

Best Experience so far with salesforce even with different salesforce cloud including sales, service and community cloud as well.

Pros

I am a big fan of Salesforce and I am using it from last 5 years and I have worked in both classic and lightning so I would say its one of the best CRM for small as well as big organization.

Cons

I am somewhat upset with Report and Dashboard in salesforce because they have some limitations and even there are some filters are there in which if we want to show visual graph than I can show only 2 or 3 columns only.

Dynamics 365 Business Central

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I guess Microsoft dynamics was not user-friendly and even I guess on cloud and it was more complex to integrate with other tools so we decided to go with Salesforce which was user-friendly and we can be integrated easily with 3rd party software.
Arlene
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Industry Standard

I have tried other tools, including Hubspot to use as a CRM and nothing compares to the functionality and reporting you receive from SFDC.

Pros

It is a great tool to track and analyze all sales and marketing data. It has plenty of customization and integrations available.

Cons

SFDC has a mind of its own, you need to know what you are doing if you are an administrator, however that doesn't mean you can't learn. Currently, not all functionality is available in Lightnighting (we use lightning and I keep being sent back to classic to fix some stuff).

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Hubspot was okay at best, but didn't track nor show data as effectively nor efficiently as we needed.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I have used SFDC for years now, and have yet to encounter a product that is as useful, organized, and effective as Salesforce.com is.
Gaurav
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 18/10/2021

Great product but bad execution and implementation from implementation partner

Overall we had an average experience, though It helped in managing our sales and account well but did dent our budget a little with lengthy implementation and sheer incapability of implementation partner

Pros

Sales management features are good
good tracing and notifications
account management
geolocation integration
Integration with SAP
User Community
Easy to Use
APIs

Cons

Customer Service
third party vendor implementation
Overall Cost
Switching cost
Salesforce ecosystem has to be there to get better insights
Customer reports , except Einstein

SAP S/4HANA Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

product capability and future road map, scalability and user community

better product capability
Eric R

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Salesforce is the best CRM if money is no issue and you customize it to your needs

SFS was a great solution for a company I worked for because I was able to spend the time to configure for optimal use. By understand the needs of the sales team, support team, and even our engineers who had minimal interaction with SFS, I was able to achieve a lot. I never got us into internal messaging, but I did improve our lead capture and qualification process with SFS.

Pros

SFS is a very powerful piece of software that is a dream if you take the the time to configure it and a nightmare if you don't. Those who fail with SFS are the people who think it's a turnkey solution that you can just buy and start using. Nope. You need to configure the heck out of it to suit your needs. If you take it seriously, capture workflows and goals for your team well, and take the time to set it up, you will be very happy with this solution. It doesn't need to take years, but it does take dedicated time.

Cons

The pricing is high. Social media tools for the application are pretty weak. Plus, out of the box, it's overwhelming and just not usable.

Sage CRM, Zoho CRM, NetSuite, SAP Business One and Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] liked the power of Salesforce and felt that a weak sales pipeline would hurt us. So, we focused on optimizing, getting many module solutions to add to Salesforce, and it was working well. The sheer mass of options in the Salesforce Marketplace was also impressive and led to us thinking this was the right solution for people not afraid of paying for the premium option.
Kara
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Near Flawless Software

I love this product and what it offers to your sales team and your venue for tracking (current and future) business. I love the salesforce team I worked with to set this product up; from start to finish, they were by my side (and my teams side) to ensure it rolled out as seamless as possible. I love how inclusive the product is of the sales, services and inventory process; everything lives in the database. Moreover, because it is cloud based, you can utilize the software from an ipad while conducting a site visit or working from home and you dont have to worry about backing up the data. Gone are the days of paper files because you can store literally everything (past, present and future) for a particular group/ client/ program within their account. Outside of a few spin off components that need updating, I absolutely love this product!

Pros

I recently transitioned out of venues and over to the vendor side of things. However, while in venues (90% of my career) I participated in the implementation of salesforces' product delphi.fdc (latest version) in my last two positions (Director of Events at a country club 2016-2018 and Sales Manager at a Boutique Hotel 2018-2020). While at the Country Club, I completed extensive research reviewing SalesForce against several other standard industry event softwares. SalesForce is the most streamlined and inclusive option available. As a vendor, there are numerous tools that would not apply to my current position however if I was still working in venues, I would be pushing for the delphi.fdc as the best option to prepare teams for their current workload and any curve balls the future may throw their way.

Cons

However, there are some spin off components to the software that may still need some work such as meeting matrix. The set up process is lengthy and requires a lot of back log work to ensure old data that is moved over is clean and new habits are in place for your team to ensure the new system remains clean.

Caterease

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Initial motivation was software was moving online only. After additional research into other products, the need for the software to do more than Reserve was capable of doing was immensely important in order to streamline internal processes and procedures.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce is a superior product when compared to most softwares.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Easy to Use

We can track all of our leads and opportunities from how they are coming from all the way to the final disposition of the leads and everything in between. We are very happy with Salesforce and can't imagine ever using another CRM.

Pros

This product was very easy to install and includes a cloud version. For most small, medium and some larger size businesses, this software will meet all of your Sales and Marketing needs. This software is a great overall value for the price point. Customer service is great!

Cons

There is a slight learning curve as this software has so must functionality and is very robust. Other than that the possibilities for your sales team with this software are limitless.

Keap

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce is more compatible with the other software packages that we are using.

More functionality
Brett
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

The Only Sales CRM You Will Ever Need

I would 100% recommend Salesforce to any sized company seeking growth based around goal-setting and team collaboration. Whether your employer has a team of 2 sales people or even 200, salesforce is the only sales tracking, data management CRM you will ever need as the accessibility and individual components that are offered to each individual user are an incredible value for what the true cost is to use Salesforce. Our overall sales have boosted an additional 20-30% as a result of switching over to Salesforce!

Pros

Salesforce is not only extremely user friendly but very beneficial to all sales associates within a set group as the reminders, sales tracking database, task manager, and calendar features have become integral components of each salesman's daily routine here at our dealership. Where we work in such a fast paced environment that's constantly changing and evolving, it's crucial to keep everyone on our Sales team on the same page regarding where vehicles stand within the sales/finance/service process to ensure we maximize every potential deal and are able to turn units as quickly and efficiently as possible with cost effectiveness in mind.

Cons

There are no cons to using Salesforce that I have encountered yet as the software has been incredibly useful so far in keeping my Sales team updated, punctual, converting more leads, and more invested in their work output but having daily reminder's set to to held each Salesman accountable for their daily tasks and follow ups.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Salesforce is a very complex, intricate and versatile all-in-one CRM

Pros

What I like most about Salesforce is the capability of being an all-in-one CRM. In the insurance business, there is a very wide variety of details to track: client information, sales statistics, commissions, important dates, data from insurance carriers, and more. Salesforce has the ability to customize the fields so that we can keep track of as much information that we want to.

Another example of the versatility of Salesforce is that it can be used by all departments of a company. SeniorQuote has deployed Salesforce with our sales agents, case managers, finance department, administrators, marketing specialists and data analysts.

We have incorporated plug-ins with Salesforce to make it versatile for our needs. We were able to incorporate inContact with our Salesforce to have a built-in phone dialer for our agents. We also incorporated Marketo's automation software to have the ability to use digital marketing with the ease of a "click" while surveying our extensive database of leads.

We purchased additional support, which has been a huge help. Response time is good. I put in tickets for help which are answered anywhere between minutes after my request up to 24 hours. The assistance we receive is often stellar, and the representatives are very knowledgeable. The only quirk with them is they are sometimes in foreign countries and some instances I've dealt with people with poor communication skills.

Cons

What turns me off about Salesforce is the configuration. It could be pertinent to SeniorQuote, because we did not hire a licensed Salesforce administrator to configure and maintain our Salesforce account. After going through it without an administrator, I would highly recommend having one on staff (as appropriate to company size) Simply put: the more complicated or detailed your CRM will be, the higher the likelihood you will need an in-house administrator.

I have used Salesforce with three different companies and have witnessed the many problems that arise when you don't have someone who is an EXPERT at Salesforce to help you out. At the very least, I suggest buying the Additional Support.

Robert
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

A robust CRM that helps you manage your customers, track your performance and grow your...

A hub for organizing our customers and tracking our performance.

Pros

I really enjoy how customizable Salesforce is, you can completely tailor each section, such as your page layouts for leads, contacts and accounts to display the data that matters to your business. The software allows you to create new fields, organize them how you'd like and even create automation tools to trigger workflows and email alerts based off of your entries. Outside of the native Salesforce capabilities is a massive app store called the appexchange that allows you to connect your environment with services such as MailChimp for marketing emails, DocuSign for executing contracts and more. Salesforce is not always simple but once it is understood it can be manipulated to fit any businesses needs. We love the report feature because we can pull information on all fields that matter to us in each section (tab) of Salesforce to measure our performance. If your reports often have a defined criteria and date range you can easily schedule email alerts to receive without having to pull manually.

Cons

The customer service is bad. Unless you are looking to upgrade your account somehow or purchase a new product you wont be able to contact anyone. You can purchase the customer service package but it is an additional amount. The package allows you to contact customer support via phone - without it you will need to submit a ticket which sometimes takes over a week to resolve. In my opinion no one should have to pay extra to receive quality service for a product they own. Additionally, Salesforce offers customers the opportunity to request fixes/updates to the service and vote on top priority items. I've seen these items often times sit in the queue for 3-5 years. When it's a change that the majority of your customers are demanding there needs to be some priority to that! I think some advice I'd give to Salesforce is to do a better job at not only pushing out new products but ensuring that after they are pushed out they are continuously being monitored and improved , not abandoned. We purchased Pardot three years ago and found that to be a huge mistake because it seemed to be abandoned by Salesforce as the moved onto Marketing Cloud and other ventures. There have been no improvements to Pardot (a Salesforce product) in the last 3 years - it has remained exactly the same even with all of the suggestions provided by customers. We also tried Quip (a Salesforce product) and found it to be similarly undone so decided not to go down that road again.

Chance

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Just Short of 5 Stars

I titled this review the way I did because Salesforce really is just short of 5 stars. It is essentially a sandbox in which you can build and build to your heart's content. It offers a level of customization that I have not seen in any other software to the point that you can easily get lost if you don't know what you're looking to accomplish. And regardless of how efficiently you build something, you'll always find a more efficient way to do it the deeper you dig into the system. The community and app store are impressively expansive and growing by the minute. Dreamforce, the annual Salesforce conference in San Francisco is a wonderfully unique experience and I'm thrilled to have had the opportunity to go. It's not every day that a work conference feels like a vacation.

So what causes Salesforce to stop just short of 5 stars? It's the little things. There are small bits of functionality that one might consider standard in modern software that just isn't there. For example: while there are queues and public groups that are made up of Users, you cannot add Users to multiple groups at one time, say when first creating a User. Instead, one must go into the setup of each queue or group and add the user there. Not major but noticeable.

Another example is with the list views in Service Cloud. It offers wonderful customization in the sense that you can add any field to the object to your list view, create buttons to take any number of actions from your list view, and add filter logic to fully tailor your list view as needed. However, you cannot currently export that list view into a CSV or Excel file. Instead, you either have to copy and paste the "printable view" into an Excel file or build a copy of your list view as a report. Again, not a major hindrance by any means but still a rather simple function that is inexplicably excluded.

It is certainly pricey so there's always that consideration there. However, if you have the resources available, it is certainly worth the investment to have a fully scalable solution for all of your marketing, sales, service, and analytics needs. Despite the existence of Microsoft Dynamics, I would say that in terms of community, education resources, and development potential, Salesforce is the CRM equivalent of the Windows operating systems.

Pros

The level of customization available through the UI without needing any coding/dev work

Cons

Price

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

Great CRM platform, but not always worth Salesforce's continually increasing licensing costs

We used Salesforce to be our CRM and Professional Services Automation (PSA) system. We custom-built the PSA, but the CRM piece was mostly Salesforce out-of-the-box.

Ultimately, if you can figure how to keep your licensing and other add-in costs in check, then Salesforce can be the right tool for you. Otherwise, you may find what we found, which is that Salesforce's continual cost increases eventually cause the platform to lose its ROI. We ultimately switched from Salesforce to Microsoft Dynamics 365 after Salesforce continually and forcibly raised their costs beyond our ROI threshold. The system was functionally fine, but the annual costs had simply become too much.

Pros

As a CRM platform, it's everything you could ask for. Also, its AppStore is top notch. From a functionality perspective, you cannot go wrong with Salesforce. Also, as one of the biggest and most widespread platforms, there are plenty of Salesforce resources out there, so there is no shortage of help available should you need it. If you are a small non-profit particularly, Salesforce can be an incredible resource as your first 10 licenses are free (as long as you qualify as a non-profit with Salesforce)

Cons

If you are a for-profit firm, be aware that Salesforce builds in an annual 7% licensing cost increase into it's contracts. As a result, you will be continually negotiating and re-negotiating with them to keep licensing costs reasonable. Even then, Salesforce will continually look to increase your spend with them. Their sales teams/account managers can be very aggressive and a lot of things you may want or need will cost you extra. They're also continually rotating their account managers. This can be very frustrating as a customer because just when you feel that you've built a good relationship with your account manager, Salesforce will switch people on you and then you have to work to rebuild a new relationship.

Elena
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

SalesForce: very powerful, but make sure you're ready!

We're a union, so we have a little bit of a different situation than a lot of businesses who use Salesforce, but it's been incredibly helpful in allowing us to build an internal leadership structure where we can show the relationships between our members. It has also allowed us to track member activity & engagement in some very powerful ways, and to track the work of our organizers and representatives.

Pros

Really allows you to track your customers/clients/members/leads and see the arc of their interaction with your organization. If you also use something like Pardot to manage emails and online forms, it will give you a complete life timeline for the individual and how they have interacted with you. Allows you to create a journey & experience based on their interactions with you and to give quick follow-up when someone shows signs of life.

The only caveat here is that you have to be ready to use it. That means more than just having people trained in how to use the interface, but making sure everyone is on board for how this kind of data can and SHOULD inform and change how you interact with your clientele. If you're used to getting back to people within 24 hours, you need to be ready to shift that to 20 minutes. If you're used to treating everyone the same, you'd better be ready to create drip/nurture programs based on behavior.

If you aren't ready to use it to its full capacity, it isn't worth the investment, but if you are able to use it the way it's meant to be used, it's incredibly powerful.

Cons

It has a steep learning curve. I've been using it for a couple of years now, and I know that I still have barely scratched the surface of what I could be able to do, but I don't have time to devote to just learning SalesForce when it's not my core job. Definitely recommended for larger orgs where you can have a team devoted to support. Also, I hate the way they continually try to sell you new add-ons to the core product.

Bruce

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Rapid Configuration and Updates

We were looking to update our CRM and wanted something cloud based and easy to reach for all users. It has been an excellent choice as we can make fast updates to our system without a lot of work or programming. People find it easy to use and onboarding new employees has been faster than before.

Pros

Very easy to use and setup customizations. There are a lot of options to customize the system to your needs without having to write code. Going from test to live in super fast and easy. It is updated three times a year that bring a lot of new features that improve what we can do in the system, Salesforce becomes more powerful each time. The ad hoc reporting is incredible to have.

Cons

The price is pretty high for some who are not going to use it all. There are a lot of extras that would need to get bought for you to get everything you want from the system. It might not be clear what is an extra. It lacks some functions that you might expect from a system like conditional fields cannot be highlighted.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

The old one was hard to update, it required a programmer to make changes. Changes were slow to be developed. It required users to be on prem to use.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Cost and ease of support.