About Schedulefly

Schedulefly is cloud-based scheduling software designed for the hospitality sector, especially for restaurants. It helps facilitate communication within workplaces and ensures smooth operations. Users can access this solution via...

4.9

Browse Schedulefly Reviews

Scott

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Best Scheduling Software for the money!

The team at Schedulefly are always available and very easy to get in touch with. They are very responsive and I have not ever had an issue that wasn't resolved very quickly. This is my favorite scheduling software because it gives you the ability to do everything you need it to do without paying for a bunch of options that you will never use.

Pros

Ease of use and function. Very simple to use and allows you to get the information you need.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that has been a con with this software. It is very easy to use and gives me all of the information that I want.

Dave

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

Simply Amazing!

We have been using Schedulefly since 2014 and loving every minute of it. From the first time we posted the schedule, and someone wanted to trade a shift - we directed right to Schedulefly. The ease of use for this system is absolutely amazing, while offering a level of detail you would find in systems costing thousands of dollars. There are so many cool features about Schedulefly - the one that we love the most is how the Company is run. When you call Schedulefly, you don't get sent to a call center with people reading a script - you actually talk with one of the 5 guys that created the system. In the years that we have used the system, we have called about 4 times, not for issues, but for adding a location, or asking for a little guidance on a report. Each call was answered by one of the guys and they were very pleased to talk with us, and guide us int the right direction. The system is so intuitive, you can be up and running in no time. The schedule is sent via text and/or email, along with being on the home screen for the user, you can view the schedule in graph (coverage) format, by person or by department. We have eliminated our manager log, as everything is recorded on the system. I absolutely love to tell our new hires about Schedulefly, and always get great feedback from the users. Rep. have created an amazing, value-added system - my review can't even do it justice. Thank you Schedulefly Team!

Pros

Schedulefly's ease of use is amazing. Amazing level of detail. Value-added reports, team messaging, system dashboard for all locations, post to one or all locations. Zero learning curve for new hires. Affordable pricing plans. When people here we use an online system they love it. Web based app for mobile device. Shift transfers and time off request take no time, and you can track for each team member. Hours and hours of schedule preparation has been cut down to minutes for every department manager.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found an issue with the service

Ivy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Nice and simple, but maybe too simple?

One of our department heads had experience with this software from another job, and he was allowed to use it at our venue although the rest of our team uses Homebase.

That manager obviously loved Schedulefly, but the rest of our department heads did not prefer Schedulefly.

The manager has since moved away and we will be discontinuing the use of Schedulefly altogether.

Pros

This is a very stripped down scheduling solution with a low-tech feel.

I love the daily crib-sheet emails, showing the scheduled staff in a very simple text-based format.

I think that the way employees can be grouped by the roles they fill is much more intuitive and user friendly than with other solutions like T-Sheets or Homebase.

I like that the cost is not based on the number of active users.

Cons

Because our theater uses project-based cost accounting, it's frustrating that I cannot assign a customer or job code to a given shift.

I prefer a solution with an integrated time-clock function. I think you can get a time clock with schedulefly, but it comes at an additional charge.

QuickBooks Time, When I Work and Homebase

Homebase

Top Schedulefly Alternatives

Kiersten

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

We schedule between 55 and 60 employees each week and schedulefly has enabled us to com

Effective and effortless scheduling, happier and well-scheduled employees, excellent customer support, easy communication with our team.

Pros

We schedule between 55 and 60 employees each week and Schedulefly has enabled us to communicate with them effectively and effortlessly. It allows us the ability to partner with them in working their schedules and provides them the opportunity to engage with their fellow brigade members to give and pick up schedules. We have used Scheduelfly for ten years and have been extremely happy with the product and even more so with the support we have received from the Schedulefly team.

Cons

Other scheduling programs work in tandem with specific POS systems which is not the route Schedulefly has taken. This would enable realtime labor numbers however, we have found our POS system will do that based on clock-ins rather than the schedule which is even more accurate. Therefore, we are able to use Schedulefly for the purposes that we purchase it....scheduling and allow the POS system to do what we purchased it for.

Patience

Schedulefly makes scheduling easy

Everyone is on board with how to use it so avaialbility gaps have been closed and shift trading is easy!

Pros

I enjoy how easy to use this software is. User friendly. Very organized. Easy to update information. Clean and to the point.

Cons

I would like to see a mobile app for easy access on a mobile device. Alos would like to be able to trade shifts the day of. The software only allows within a 24 hour time window but some employees need same day swaps

Response from Schedulefly

Patience, thank you for the nice review! We've got an easy shortcut for you for your mobile device. Shoot us a note to [email protected] and we'll show you. Also, your employer has a setting in place preventing shift trades within 24 hours. That setting can be changed by them to enable same-day shift trades.
Thanks!
Wil (member of the Schedulefly crew)

Replied 09/11/2018
Leigh
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

By far the best I have ever used....

You can swap shifts by sending the swap to one person or offering it to all staff. All shift changes are approved by management via smartphone or computer and real time alerts are sent out. Your schedule is posted on Schedulefly and all employees contact info is literally at your fingertips. Awesome way to staff and organize efficiently.

Pros

Schedulefly is the absolute easiest, most obviously simple scheduling software for a restaurant EVER. It never misses a text to anyone, it always stays right on time. There are no complications if you have whatever kind of phone, Schedulefly works. You could have a flip phone from 2008, have no fear...Schedulefly is going to still send you real time notifications and send real time notifications to the management team.

Cons

The only thing I wish was that Schedulefly had more of a following. They put HotSchedules to shame, Schedulicity to shame, etc. Unfortunately, both of those software systems tend to be used more which I think is a shame.

Anastacia

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

Easy and Simple program for scheduling

Schedulefly allows the entire team to see their schedule and know which of their coworkers are working. It helps when you are trying to find shift trades to see who is working when and who might be able to take your shift. Its clean and straight forward, making it easy to learn quickly.

Pros

Its very simple and straightforward as an employee to see your schedule and trade shifts. You can view what your schedule is weekly, and see the schedule for the entire team. I like the feature that allows you to see who is working right when you look. Its easy to pick up shifts as Schedulefly will email all employees when a shift is posted, and in the email there is a button that takes you to the webpage to pick up the shift.

Cons

There are not a ton of different features for Schedulefly, but as an employee, it fits my needs.

Dustin

Really helpful online scheduling

Pros

I really like how it easy it is to create very unique schedule that caters to the business needs. The website makes it easy for employees to trade shifts and stay connected to allow everyone to be aware of upcoming events.

Cons

I don’t really have anything negative to say about the software, all around very helpful.

Aaron
  • Industry: Hospitality

Go With The GOOD GUYS!

The software is simple to use and straight to the point. Not to mention the leadership of the company is hands-on with their customers vs The Other Guys, who employ random individuals who come and go like the wind.

Pros

Schedulefly keeps it simple! Very easy to use!

Cons

I would prefer a bonafide app but thats me being picky! :-)

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Absolutely love!

Pros

This was my absolute favorite scheudling software. A lot of the places I have worked for use this software and it has never given me any issues.

Cons

I personally do not dislike anything about this software, its very easy to use. High functionality and sends texts as well.

Bret

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

I own 2 restaurants and Schedule Fly has made my life much easier!

Pros

Super easy to use. Relatively inexpensive for what you get. Schedule Fly has helped make my restaurants run more smoothly. I can't imagine not using Schedule Fly.

Cons

If there is one, maybe it's awareness- I didn't even know a Scheduling software geared toward independent restaurants was even available. For years I tacked Excel spreadsheets to a cork board. So happy I found Schedule Fly (through word of mouth).

Dustin
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Pro outfit! Worth every penny!

A lot of times you do not get the personal support that you need when integrating new technologies into your businesses. Any questions, changes, or simple explanation that was needed the team was on it, nights/weekends didn’t matter. The functionality is great from a single location standpoint, but going multi location, the dashboard was great interface was great. Easy to teach my management, and for the first time in a while we are heading to target labor numbers due to templates, and the financial tie in. Scheduling with Schedulfly for the next year paid for itself in the first week! This team is great to work with.

Pros

Easy access to multi location, great reporting tools with fully integrated labor financials.
Very user-friendly, great template saving capabilities, for speedy scheduling.

Cons

That currently we do not have a POS that integrates with Schedulfly, but we are picking up a new POS that will, and excited to see the full integration.

Kelsey
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Monen Family Restaurant Group

Overall , it is very easy and helps me be able to create a schedule quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Very user friendly for staff to figure out how to use!

Cons

I would like to be able to create new shift "in" times in real time rather than having to exit the schedule I am currently working on and go back to the page to add in a whole new shift time.

Claire

Schedulefly Review

Pros

I love how easy schedulefly is to use. Training new hires to use the website is seamless and so straightforward. It makes time off requests so easy to schedule around. It’s just an awesome website to help communicate with staff.

Cons

I haven’t really had any issues with schedulefly so far. A full app would be cool!

Justin

Makes my LIFE easier

Being a manager of a restaurant with numerous employees, it becomes a struggle trying to keep up with every ones availability. Schedulefly has made it so I don't have to and I am able to spend the hour that i was using to remember everyone's schedule to actually focus on my work. Thank you Schedulefly Soulshine Pizza in Flowood thanks you very much.

Pros

being able to run reports. knowing when my employees have viewed their schedule.

Cons

not having an actually app but I am able to put the web page on my home screen

Luke

Reviewed on 27/04/2019

Employee Scheduling software for a budget that works

For bottom dollar, it is a very good option. Much better than paper and pencil. Solid communication platform for staff too. Great entry level for someone with minimal needs

Pros

Very easy to use for managers and staff. Scheduling and budgeting simple but effective. Minimal set up

Cons

Internet worked fine for it. No app available which isn’t a deal breaker but at the time website was not optimized for mobile browsing

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Best thing that happened to our staff!

Many in the restaurant industry need a very flexible schedule. This software helps to keep the many shifts trades and crazy schedules straight.

Pros

Staff is able to take shift trades and scheduling into their own hands.

Cons

Software will not allow shift trades less than 24 hours in advance.

Response from Schedulefly

Thank for the nice review! Shift trades can happen within 24 hours - that's a setting your GM/owner has in place. They can remove the 24-hour block any time.

Replied 03/12/2018
Alexa

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Schedulefly is the best scheduling program on the market.

Pros

Schedulefly is very easy to use. The customer service is second to none. My staff loves the program.

Cons

Some of the servers wish that the program was on an app. I personally like that it is not app based

Brent

Perfect for us!

We’ve been with Schedulefly for years. It’s perfect for our needs.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to communicate with staff at a moment’s notice.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. They’re great.

Zach

Schedulefly review

The employees find it very convenient

Pros

I liked how easy it is to adjust the schedule when work times changed.

Cons

Requesting time off can be a little confusing

Matthew

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Great things!

Pros

The user functionality and being able to completely have a online schedule platform

Cons

I wish in the post a message tab you could attach images

Erica
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

I recommend SF to all of my friends

Pros

The ease of use. Makes life easy and schedules simple.

Cons

works seamlessly- no complaints! I wish I found it sooner!

Brian

Brian jenzers schedulefly review

I use it to communicate with all my staff on upcoming events and special start times and closing times with one email.

Pros

It’s easy to use and is really functional when making schedules

Cons

There’s not an app for apple. I have to sign in using the web browser. Haha so difficult. 😜

Emily

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Easiest scheduling

I have used other programs and ALWAYS talk about how great schedule fly is! I miss it!!

Pros

When I used this years ago, it was so easy and user friendly. The graphics and capabilities were simple and streamlined.

Cons

It’s been years since I used this product. Mainly because it was only good for scheduling and didn’t connect sales or other features. This may have changed since.

Rachel

Reviewed on 09/04/2018

Great program with mobile app and free trial option

Pros

This program seems to have a lot more bells and whistles than a lot of other scheduling apps. I was impressed from the start. They also offer a free trial!

Cons

The pricing is a bit expensive but you do get more features for the cost. To be an administrator with this software can be time-consuming as you learn all of the bells and whistles at first.