About Findmyshift

Findmyshift is a cloud-based workforce scheduling solution that enables businesses to streamline processes related to attendance tracking, payroll, time-off management and more. It comes with an application programming interface...

Browse Findmyshift Reviews

Tony

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

Superb for ease of use and access

Adopted this to several businesses 4 years ago and have never looked back. Easy to use for me and my staff. Ideal for holiday planning and planning rotas in advance

Pros

Been using this since day one and have set it up for several different businesses, really easy to use and really efficient

Cons

Doesn't work well enough with i-devices which can be frustrating at times. If that was fixed it would all be brilliant

Response from Out Crowd Ltd

Thanks for the Review Tony!

Replied 28/04/2017
Finlay

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Have been using this software for three rosters for about 5 years

we manage rosters over 3 sits (soon to be 4). However the cost of paying for multiple rosters that do not link to our paysystem is becoming prohibitive and we are actively looking for an integrated payroll / roster / timeclock package.

Pros

easily accessible for staff, good visuals and easy to use. Some staff are abler to link to the phone calendars which is helpful

Cons

The phone app is not great for me so always use desktop version on my phone, which can be problematic. there should be a setting that forces automatic refresh as sometimes staff will be looking at a roster and not realise it has changed.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Finlay! Please get in touch with our support team so we can help find a solution for you to integrate your payroll with Findmyshift.

Replied 10/01/2018
George
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 09/12/2022

Best software for my buisness.

Pros

This software is very easy to use for a small company like mine. It's ease of scheduling and ability to have contractors clock in and out with GPS tracking is critical for me. The advance scheduling makes it easy for me to cover all locations and the contractors to confirm the schedule. It is also easy for me to alter the schedule with notification going out to the effected contractors.

Cons

For me there are really no cons. I prefer a simple to use scheduling app that dosen't have a bunch of frills that I have to pay for.

Top Findmyshift Alternatives

Ahmed

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Great to use for scheduling of staff to different place

A simple easy to use web based roster.

Pros

The different colour palletes makes it easy to differentiate. Sends updates to my staff when changes are made to there schedule

Cons

Would be great to duplicate weeks, and copy schedules for staff over to the next weeks in a simpler fashion for schedules that don't change.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Ahmed. The quickest way to duplicate weeks is to select all cells for the week (CTRL + A), copy the cells into the clipboard (CTRL + C), go to the next week (CTRL + right arrow), and paste (CTRL + V). I hope this helps to speed things up for you!

Replied 01/06/2018
Michelle

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Effective easy to use and manage staffing requirements in a business.

It really has eased operation in the business. We are confident in Findmyshift and are very pleased we gave it a go.

Pros

Logic process. Simple language, At the start I did contact support by chat and they were responsive, efficient and quickly got us processing our information. I was really impressed. We have had no need to contact support since we first implemented find my shift.

Cons

I would like to be able to block some information from managers, for example pay rates. Notes on staff. It would be better that all managers could not see all staff and other mangers information.

Ian
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 02/01/2023

Easy to Use

Staff find it easy to use

Pros

Ease of access and the timeclock.Staff acess from their own devices

Cons

Not really, its good simple software. Ive used it for 2 organisation swith a staff base of under 40 an under 20 with ease.

Mary
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

Great value for money and easy to use

It a great system for a great price. So easy to use.

Pros

The system was very simple to set up. All our employee details are kept in a secure place and easily accessible by managers. Holiday tracking is great. Employees can easily request time off.

Cons

The holiday tracker is great and so easy to use

Sara
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 24/01/2023

We've been using this product for 5 years and find it a great addition for our administrators and staff.

Pros

Very easy to use. Easy for staff to access.

Cons

We only have the basic set up, and not the advanced package. Only thing I wish it had once the capability to see when, as an administrator, you added or amended a shift...

Anna

Reviewed on 26/01/2023

For payroll and H.R.

Easy and comprehensive for authorising hours, reporting punctuality and attendance and collating information for payroll and holiday pay.

Pros

Quick and easy comparison of clocked hours to rota

Cons

No option for half day holiday and half day worked

Rachel
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 16/01/2023

WS Swift review

Pros

Time off reporting, colour coding for specific tasks

Cons

Would like it to be easier to apply bulk time off (check boxes to select which employees to auto populate)

Lizzie

Reviewed on 21/04/2022

Transformed the business

Find My Shift has transformed the ease of creating rota. we used to have spreadsheets and often had to change and re issue no all staff have live information and any last minute changes can quickly be communicated

Pros

The ease of setting up and the multiple ways you can use many of the features

Cons

Not able to add national insurance to staff the pay . lack a wage forecasting feature

Grace
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 25/10/2017

We have been using this website for a few years for our busy cafe/bar, a great site!

Pros

Easy to use and set up. All of the staff find it a lot easier to log in and check shifts than rely on printouts. It makes it a lot easier to make up rotas when you can see a couple of weeks at a time and can see the overall picture to juggle shifts about, can also copy and paste which makes it easier. Also makes it a lot easier when trying to find cover, you can see easily who is available and find their contact details. Great for keeping track of holidays, reports for calculating wages, keeping a record of who worked when and making/calculating small changes such as if someone left early. It's good that it sends an email to staff each time the rota is published, we don't use the 'accept' function or messages as we just have a small workforce, but I can imagine it would be handier if there were a lot of employees. I know some of the staff also use the mobile site.

Cons

Not really found much wrong with it, have never had to contact customer support. I think occasionally when looking at the staff view the times/shifts/staff names haven't lined up properly if it's zoomed in or a funny resolution.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Grace! If you ever have trouble with the cells not lining up try resetting your browser's zoom. The keyboard shortcut is normally CTRL + 0. I hope this helps!

Replied 26/10/2017
Christopher

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

A well laid-out rota

Pros

The way the rota can be laid out by "facility" or, in our case, areas of our business makes it easy to see at a glance where people are, where there are short-falls and where people can be moved to help make the business run more smoothly.

Cons

The main area which I would love to see improved is calculating holiday pay. In particular, adding a holiday for a part-time user should be set to deduct holiday by default only for those days they would usually work - for example, someone who usually works Monday, Friday and Saturday should be able to be set as such so that holiday is deducted accordingly without having to manually change it. Also, someone who works varied hours should able to default to their average weekly number of hours deducted.
I also think that adding sick leave could be improved to not require removing from the rota first before adding the sick leave.
Adding time off generally also defaults to "Everyone" - it would be much better if it defaulted to blank and forced a selection before being able to apply such that people didn't accidentally add "Everyone".

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Chris! Lot's of great ideas there regarding time off that I'll pass on to the team.

Replied 14/08/2019
Tyrone
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Very useful software that has steadily improved over the years

As our business grew and we employed more staff, managing an excel/paper based rota became time consuming. The reporting aspect alone of this software has saved me enough time throughout the year to justify the cost, let alone the fact that staff can login using the app or through the website and see their own shifts instead of calling into the office because their paper copy is out of date

Pros

The accessibility of this software is one of the most important features for me. My staff use both the app and the website on their mobiles and tablets to access our rota to check their shifts, request holiday etc.

Cons

The way the software is currently setup its not possible to assign more than 1 rule to pay rates with makes my job more difficult when working out wages on days that attract 2 different levels of premium rates. For example paying someone an additional £1 per hour for working a night shift and also paying them an additional £1 per hour because that night shift was on a sunday or a bank holiday.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Tyrone! Regarding the pay rates, it is actually possible to add multiple rules and you can quite easily set them up to pay your staff different rates for different types of shifts. If you'd like us to walk you through it, get in touch with our support team!

Replied 17/01/2018
Danielle
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 04/10/2017

we have been using find my shift for many years and find that it is a very effective and easy...

The user friendly system is very beneficial to all staff and the excel reports for the hours worked helps me to generate my timesheets for my invoices.

Pros

The software is very user friendly for me and my work force and there is a smart phone app which also makes it more accessible for my staff. I find the reports which you can generate from the system very useful when translating my hours in to invoices for my customers.

Cons

(not really cons just suggestions)If you finish a staff member on your rota's, they cannot see old shifts. It would be handy to have two finish dates one so that they are not on the rota anymore and one so that you can't schedule them from that date onwards. For example, we also use the finish box for current staff as a reminder for when their SIA badge runs out and we can't schedule them without them having a badge to work not necessarily because they so not work for our company anymore, most of the time they still need to see past shifts or log on to help them do invoices.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review and suggestion Danielle. We'll take a look and see what we can do for you. Perhaps a grace period for your staff to log in (maybe up to 2 weeks) after their finish date might help?

Replied 05/10/2017
Susan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Findmyshift is definitely worth trying

Allowing the staff to access their shifts from their phone, and using the hours reporting for payroll.

Pros

We were able to try out before committing to a years subscription.
The staff hours are easy to download for wages
It is very clear looking back how many hours each staff is working

Cons

The main problem is when staff put in there hours. If they put in 9 - 5 with an extra gap or any other minor error it will not feed through onto the summary. So each week we need to count the number of shifts each person has and count the number of records on the report section. Each week there is at least one error. This would be corrected by not allowing or having a seperate box for comments.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Susan! Can you get in touch with our support team with some examples of the mistakes your staff have made? We'd like to see what we can do to help!

Replied 19/04/2021
Trilby
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 06/02/2017

Invaluable tool for a small business

We have been using findmyshift for quite a few years now. We run a 24/7 operation with about 15 different shift times, so efficient management of staff timetables is absolutely essential.
As our business has grown from 15 employees to over 40 we have found this scheduling website to be invaluable. I can't imagine going back to our previous spreadsheet schedule which resulted in staff turning up late to shifts or not coming in at all as they weren't aware of late schedule changes. Automatic syncing with employee calendars and the time-clock function really help to set this software ahead of anything else I've tried. I'm sure we will be using findmyshift for years to come.

Pros

It's easy to use and has a lot of functions

Cons

I wasn't aware until trying other software products that findmyshift had a time-card function. So I would suggest somehow making users aware of these other functions. I'm not sure of the best way to do that - maybe a popup for managers every few logins so with different functions or tips?

Response from Out Crowd

Hi Trilby! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Brett

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

Feedback after Using for 2 years.

I have been a consistent user for over 2 years now. I issue my roster weekly. None of my staff (who are mostly younger than me) have any issue with the roster.

Pros

I was originally drawn to this software as my original digital roster program simply priced themselves out of the market and I needed to entertain alternatives. I liked that I was provided a template at no charge to trial. This enabled me to properly road test and gauge if it was software I could navigate.

Cons

I had to ask numerous questions to seek advice about populating rosters. What is obvious now, was not when I originally started using this software. Again, this is most likely operator error. I could see hours and costs on my previous roster platform, and hide them from the printed version. I can't do that with findmyshift, at least not to my knowledge. I would like to if it is possible?

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Brett!

Replied 03/02/2021
Sam
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

Mount Batten Centre, Plymouth, UK

One of the key problems we are solving is integrating multiple rotas across a multi-site operation, providing managers with clear overviews of the staffing situation, casual staff can be updated remotely and easily, and crucially its helping improve our staffing efficiency through forecasting and holistic planning

Pros

Find My Shift is a very intuitive, easy-to-use staffing scheduling app, that has been very well received across all of our management team and workforce teams. It offers a dynamic and flexible approach that we need as an evolving tourism business by enabling managers to co-ordinate teams, staff to input fairly and for duty supervisors to have an holistic overview. The mobile app is excellent and very useful for casual staff

Cons

we've not had any major issues, any niggles have been dealt with seamlessly by Findmyshift customer services

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Sam!

Replied 30/12/2021
Debs
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 06/03/2017

All good and suits our requirements well

Have not had to call customer service so not sure of how supportive they are, system itself suits our requirements well, only issue is that we have two shifts a day and if a member of staff is going to be unavailable or on holiday for one shift you have to mark the whole day off, not just that one shift, maybe there could be an option for am and pm unavailability/holiday, etc.

Pros

Easy to plan ahead for the team, easy to email out to them with a message
Easy to split departments to show costs

Cons

Inability to show unavailability/holiday for the two shifts we have in a day, can only book a whole day off and not a single shift

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Debs!

We have noted and added your suggestion to our list of feature requests. In the meantime, the best way to add half day time off entries would be to enter 0.5 on the "Allowance used" field.

I hope this helps! If you need more information, drop us an email anytime.

Simon
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 03/09/2018

going from manual resource management for a Contact Center, from using various spreadsheets to using Findmyshift has been a breath of fresh air and made management of the resource a doddle.

Pros

The price is very fair for the features it provides. The range of reporting is really helpful and as a whole it is really easy to navigate. the view is very clean and easy to find what you're looking for. having visibility of any time off being added is a real great tool.

Cons

I would like to filter by multiples of the same category e.g. several job titles (this may be possible but haven't figured it out yet). adding time off is a few clicks longer than it needs to be. It's a bit annoying when an employee changes their hours and you have to go through and update a few weeks worth with the new hours, A way of having a default shift pattern for each employee that you can change so it changes it for all future shifts.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Simon! To filter by multiple items, just add a comma between them. You can chain as many items as you like in a filter. Also, a quick way to add time off is to select the dates on the schedule, right click and select Add > Time off. I hope this helps!

Replied 05/09/2018
Patrick
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 10/04/2017

Awesome product!!!

We are a small business that has grown whilst using FMS, the product itself is great, updates intuitive, staff like it, customer support always prompt (and patient given that most of our issues are user error :) )..... Cant recommend it highly enough.
PRM Operations

Pros

Seems to be gleaned from excel so staff can use it well

Cons

I don't find the app as user friendly for the administrator of the roster, but the staff love it as individuals, so not sure if that is a con or not, but in the office we almost exclusively use desktop.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for your feedback Patrick! We do hope to add more features to the app in the future to make it more user friendly for administrators and managers. If you have any other questions, please let us know. We are happy to help!

Kim

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

Love Findmyshift!!!

Findmyshift has been great right from the start of a long free trial period. This gave us the opportunity to really test the product. Customer service even during free trial was prompt. All the training videos and faq made the learning process easy.

Since then, everything has run very smoothly. We don't use all of the features but the ones we do make a big difference.

Pros

The scheduling and payroll report have been game changers! Prior to findmyshift I used to have to collect availabilities via email or text, enter it into a spreadsheet and build a schedule from there. Findmyshift has streamlined that process.

The payroll report makes it easy for HR to do payroll biweekly.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to list. Features to consider may be timesheet directly on the mobile app and some sort of tool for staff to communicate with each other on the app?

Lyndsey
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 04/10/2017

Efficient and effective in every way!

This software makes my life easier day in and day out. The software make scheduling simpler, more efficient and more effective. Very Happy Customer.

Pros

Find my shift is easy to use and very adaptable, find my shift make scheduling and adding rota's easier and less time consuming.
The agents find it easy to access and understand also. Find my shift is a great scheduling tool and I would recommend this system.

Cons

I would like to be able to add breaks in a better format, for example rather than it being displayed on the time sheet for it to be on a link for example in grid format.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Lyndsey! Thanks for your feedback about the breaks. When you get a minute, please get in touch with our support team and so we can find out more about what you're looking for.

Replied 09/10/2017
Kathryn
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Great rota software

I have used the customer support chat quite often, and the team are extreme helpful and quick to respond. We intend to use this software for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The ease of adding in shifts and people, the fact that the admin can accept and confirm bookings. The option to add additional roles. The everyone can log in from home to see the rota, and that there is a message board function.

Cons

It is not very transferable between different devices, I often get complaints from the members who use the service with us that the layout is not understandable when read off of a iphone or ipad.

The reports function is useful, however I do find it hard to navigate and understand.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Kathryn!

Replied 19/09/2018