Findmyshift Reviews

About Findmyshift

Findmyshift is a cloud-based workforce scheduling solution that enables businesses to streamline processes related to attendance tracking, payroll, time-off management and more. It comes with an application programming interface...

Browse Findmyshift Reviews

Tony
Tony

Reviewed on 21/11/2017

Simple to use, easily accessible

Pros

Ability to use it anywhere anytime, ease of use. Ability to communicate with staff members and trace all updates and changes

Cons

Its incompatibility with Apple devices. Makes it difficult to make changes on the move sometimes and it isn't always easy to use with touch screen

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Tony. Get in touch with our support team so we can work through the issues you're having on your touch screen devices.

Replied 22/11/2017
Katie
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

Great Product Easy To Use

Pros

It's easy and available on my phone. Love the shift reminders for my "forgetful" staff

Cons

Can't think of anything off the top of my head

Ahmed

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Great to use for scheduling of staff to different place

A simple easy to use web based roster.

Pros

The different colour palletes makes it easy to differentiate. Sends updates to my staff when changes are made to there schedule

Cons

Would be great to duplicate weeks, and copy schedules for staff over to the next weeks in a simpler fashion for schedules that don't change.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Ahmed. The quickest way to duplicate weeks is to select all cells for the week (CTRL + A), copy the cells into the clipboard (CTRL + C), go to the next week (CTRL + right arrow), and paste (CTRL + V). I hope this helps to speed things up for you!

Replied 01/06/2018

Top Findmyshift Alternatives

Hannah
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 07/12/2023

Simple and easy to use.

Easy to use, would make my role easier if the normal weekly shifts could be saved and input automatically when selected.

Pros

It is easy to use, easy for staff and easy to set up.

Cons

When inputting shifts it is very time consuming as nothing is saved.

Finlay
Finlay

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Have been using this software for three rosters for about 5 years

we manage rosters over 3 sits (soon to be 4). However the cost of paying for multiple rosters that do not link to our paysystem is becoming prohibitive and we are actively looking for an integrated payroll / roster / timeclock package.

Pros

easily accessible for staff, good visuals and easy to use. Some staff are abler to link to the phone calendars which is helpful

Cons

The phone app is not great for me so always use desktop version on my phone, which can be problematic. there should be a setting that forces automatic refresh as sometimes staff will be looking at a roster and not realise it has changed.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Finlay! Please get in touch with our support team so we can help find a solution for you to integrate your payroll with Findmyshift.

Replied 10/01/2018
Daisy

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

Good product

good, it has served us well for many years

Pros

Access easy for all, like the notice board area,

Cons

difficulty using on mobile devices, no contact number for support

Durgesh

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

Easy and Efficient to use

Pros

Very easy to use. Colour coding systems allows different teams to be shown clearly. Great feature of emailing shift changes.

Cons

There are none I can think of at the minute

Matthew

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Must for volatility

overall we are happy with the user interface. we use desktop site version on the phone. It is better than the mobile view.

Pros

I like how staff can select their days and get the time off they are looking for.

Cons

It has a lot of features but we do not need them

Louise
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

Effective work rota

Pros

It is very easy to use and has lots of different features to help effectively manage staff

Cons

There aren't many flaws with it. The only concern for me being a start up company was the price of paying for a long term subcription

Kate

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Easy to use. App works fine. No complaints

Pros

Easy to use to manager staffs hours that they have worked and to know when we are low on staff when arranging annual leave

Cons

Pretty straight forward so nothing to complain about

Julie
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Easiest system to use and set up

Easy to use and set up.
Not tied into long contracts for a system that does not work for us (this is an issue we have had in the past).
Employees find it easy to use from their phones.

Pros

Online tutorials are good but you need to set the time aside to work through as they can be long winded.
Easy to set up locations, employees and the copy and paste facilities are excellent. What use to take at least two days to complete now takes half a day.
Like the ability to see multiple weeks alongside each other.
Client decides how long they want to use the system for rather than being tied into software agreements that do not work for the client.

Cons

Find it over complicated to set the client charge out rate so cannot use the reports as we would like.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Julie!

Replied 28/10/2020
Lizzie

Reviewed on 21/04/2022

Transformed the business

Find My Shift has transformed the ease of creating rota. we used to have spreadsheets and often had to change and re issue no all staff have live information and any last minute changes can quickly be communicated

Pros

The ease of setting up and the multiple ways you can use many of the features

Cons

Not able to add national insurance to staff the pay . lack a wage forecasting feature

Yvonne

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

Find my shift in our Hotel

Our sister company has been using this software for a while we started using it 12 months ago. It is easy to use and the support has been good

Pros

Find my shift is an easy to use and inexpensive application

Cons

Some of the user rights could do with tweeking

Grace
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 25/10/2017

We have been using this website for a few years for our busy cafe/bar, a great site!

Pros

Easy to use and set up. All of the staff find it a lot easier to log in and check shifts than rely on printouts. It makes it a lot easier to make up rotas when you can see a couple of weeks at a time and can see the overall picture to juggle shifts about, can also copy and paste which makes it easier. Also makes it a lot easier when trying to find cover, you can see easily who is available and find their contact details. Great for keeping track of holidays, reports for calculating wages, keeping a record of who worked when and making/calculating small changes such as if someone left early. It's good that it sends an email to staff each time the rota is published, we don't use the 'accept' function or messages as we just have a small workforce, but I can imagine it would be handier if there were a lot of employees. I know some of the staff also use the mobile site.

Cons

Not really found much wrong with it, have never had to contact customer support. I think occasionally when looking at the staff view the times/shifts/staff names haven't lined up properly if it's zoomed in or a funny resolution.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Grace! If you ever have trouble with the cells not lining up try resetting your browser's zoom. The keyboard shortcut is normally CTRL + 0. I hope this helps!

Replied 26/10/2017
Christopher

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

A well laid-out rota

Pros

The way the rota can be laid out by "facility" or, in our case, areas of our business makes it easy to see at a glance where people are, where there are short-falls and where people can be moved to help make the business run more smoothly.

Cons

The main area which I would love to see improved is calculating holiday pay. In particular, adding a holiday for a part-time user should be set to deduct holiday by default only for those days they would usually work - for example, someone who usually works Monday, Friday and Saturday should be able to be set as such so that holiday is deducted accordingly without having to manually change it. Also, someone who works varied hours should able to default to their average weekly number of hours deducted.
I also think that adding sick leave could be improved to not require removing from the rota first before adding the sick leave.
Adding time off generally also defaults to "Everyone" - it would be much better if it defaulted to blank and forced a selection before being able to apply such that people didn't accidentally add "Everyone".

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Chris! Lot's of great ideas there regarding time off that I'll pass on to the team.

Replied 14/08/2019
Julie
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Changing our Rota System

Findmyshift has completely changed the way we plan for staffing events. It has been simple enough for even our most IT-wary volunteers to take part in. The messaging feature allows me to tell all staff about sudden changes or announcements.

Pros

I wanted a system that was accessible to staff but which also let me budget for each event, as this was an area where we had historically overspent. It also helps me track holidays and time in lieu, which was almost impossible in our old system. It also lets me check staff availability way ahead without having to resort to complicated texts / whats app groups and emails. I have now introduced our volunteers to it and time sheets which will again save so much time and money.

Cons

I have not yet learned how to clarify on booking a staff member on which pay rate they are on. Eg staff are standard rate or Duty manager rate for that shift. It is in the back under pay, but I don't know how to clarify what they are on for that particular shift which in turn makes it not work for payroll.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Julie! It sounds like you need to set up some "pay rate exceptions" for your staff members, either individually or globally, but get in touch with our support team and we can walk you through it over the phone or via live chat.

Leonora

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Excellent Rota Management

Makes life much easier - really enjoy how simple it is to use and that it links with Slack which we use daily also

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use and my favourite function is the ability to delegate facility areas so we can clearly see which departments the staff are working in. With two sites and a variety of different but equally important job roles this makes life simple.

Cons

I would like time off requests to be easier for staff to use.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Leonora! Time off requests are now possible through the app, so your staff should find the process easier than having to log in to the desktop site.

Neil
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

It's changed our world

Like many other businesses, we survived for years using the good old fashioned spreadsheet to give us a visual planning tool for our staff assignment. Initially, we trialed Find My Shift purely for the ability to share the roster amongst our management team.
Only when we took the leap from the old spreadsheet feature did we realize how much more we could achieve. The facilities feature was a pretty cool tool but then we started to share the roster with our staff. To say our staff communication has been revolutionized would be modest. It's changed our world and made a significant contribution to a culture of shared info - something we didn't think we were lacking until we tried it with Find My Shift.
After that, we just kept exploring. We're now running all timesheets from Find My Shift - and it's taken a whole day off the payroll process!
But still the best feedback from the team actually came from the partner of one of our guys - "this is awesome, I can now find out what you're doing this weekend - it feels like we've got control of our life back".......thanks guys, love your work!

Pros

Shared access, individual crew login, timesheets, facilities.....so much we love

Cons

Would love to see a better mobile app - perhaps that staff can use for timesheets?
Also, would love to be able to code time to a job (cost center)

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Hi Neil! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Replied 26/09/2017
Susan

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Findmyshift is definitely worth trying

Allowing the staff to access their shifts from their phone, and using the hours reporting for payroll.

Pros

We were able to try out before committing to a years subscription.
The staff hours are easy to download for wages
It is very clear looking back how many hours each staff is working

Cons

The main problem is when staff put in there hours. If they put in 9 - 5 with an extra gap or any other minor error it will not feed through onto the summary. So each week we need to count the number of shifts each person has and count the number of records on the report section. Each week there is at least one error. This would be corrected by not allowing or having a seperate box for comments.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Susan! Can you get in touch with our support team with some examples of the mistakes your staff have made? We'd like to see what we can do to help!

• Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Have been very happy with Find My Shift

Many. All in the review

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to enter the schedule in and you don't have to follow an exact protocol for the times, etc. I like that I can email everyone at once right from the program, the templates make it convenient to add the schedule weeks in advance, I love the time off request feature, I like being able to change the font colors and the back ground colors. I also love that employees can check their schedules at home from their phones. No one can say they "looked at an old schedule" or didn't know about a shift because its all right there(unless you forget to publish a change...)

Cons

The color chart is hard to tell what color you are choosing.
I wish there were an option to "Publish all" So I don't have to highlight a week, then publish, then highlight another week, then publish, etc if I put 8 weeks of schedule in at once.
Its a little slow to save/publish

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Jennifer! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site! If you're having trouble with the colour chart, hover your mouse above it and use your mouse wheel to zoom-in and make it larger. I hope this helps!

Replied 18/07/2018
Helen

Reviewed on 25/09/2023

Good overall use for staff

Pros

mobile access for staff. recording of staff holidays.

Cons

Would be helpful if there was a function that when making an amendment to someones shift it gives the option to map this change across the rota. Currently have to do it manually. also for staff to end holiday request it won't work form the app they have to use the desktop site

Celestine

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Good starting point

Overall it is a huge improvement on our old excel based rota and the fact that it is web based makes it much easier to access information.

Pros

This software has allowed us to setup bespoke shifts for each of our boarding houses which is brilliant as we do have slightly different shift timings depending on the age of the students in house.

Cons

It does not allow you to setup a generic shift pattern. If you could do this for a year then you would just copy and paste and adjust to allow for the slight differences in timings.
When you are adding staff to a shift in a particular house it shows all staff in the organisation. If you have filtered to show only one house in "house view" you should only see staff who are allocated to that specific house.
When you print out a rota it is difficult to set the filter times so that you can see a whole year which for us would be very useful.

Emily
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 08/05/2023

Great software, simple to use

We would recommend Find My Shift to any small business wanting a simple solution which doesn't cost the earth.

Pros

We've found Find My Shift easy to pick up and share amongst our team. It's relatively inexpensive for a critical job!

Cons

The user experience is sometimes a bit clunky and could be improved.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

More functionality

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Excellent product for residential home shift planning

Our overall experience of using find my shift has been excellent. We started using it almost 3 years ago and it is an integral part of the business not only for the care staff but also for finance and business purposes. Without this tool we would not be able to calculate hours/wages/costs easily. We've never had technical difficulties with the software and if ever we have required assistance it has been on hand immediately and has been effective.

Pros

1. Good that you can see 20 weeks worth of shifts
2. Staff ability to access sheets via phone is really good
3. Reviewing past months/years is easy and a very useful function

Cons

1. Sometimes it's too easy to make mistakes i.e. moving a shift without knowing
2. Occasionally we need to have 2 background colours in 1 single cell (e.g. if someone is working an early but then also training in the afternoon) and this can be hard to achieve.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review!

Replied 03/04/2019

Reviewed on 04/05/2020

Daily clinic and On call rota

Excellent. I have been using it for over 3 years

Pros

Simple to access and use. Mobile access for all users. Easy to edit and change. Access from anywhere

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive. Repeating different individual rota every few weeks or months does not seem possible.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Daniel!

Replied 06/05/2020