GoGuardian Reviews

4.7

4.7

About GoGuardian

GoGuardian is a school management solution for educators and academic organizations to engage and monitor students. The cloud-based school technology program helps institutions to digitize the learning experience for students...

Browse GoGuardian Reviews

Brittany
Brittany

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

Essential for 1:1 Districts

Pros

I love that I am able to view everything my students are doing. I love that I have the control and ability to close out any tabs which should not be open at a given time. Being able to send an announcement to all of my students at once is great when my class blocks end. I also LOVE the new features GoGuardian has created: audio calls and presentation mode. The reports at the end of each class are also amazing. You can see a timeline with what each student was doing at a given time and for how long. All of these features are a must during a normal school year, not to mention a remote one!

Cons

There are been some issues with the system status as of lately. With remote teaching right now this has essentially left me flying blind- especially when I cannot see my student's computers or see who is online.

Nolan
Nolan

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Guarding Student Computers

Overall, my experience with GoGuardian has been fantastic. I can monitor my students without bothering them via looking over their shoulder. I can also be more informed as to what they are doing, how much time they spent on websites, and GoGuardian tells me what sites they visited.

GoGuardian is a great classroom resource.

Pros

The best thing about GoGuardian is just how effective it is. With other computer-monitoring programs, students had to sign into it and, usually, they had easy ways of tricking the system. GoGuardian allows me to monitor, mentor, and alter student direction on their individual computers from the ease of my chair.

Cons

Overall, there is very little that I didn't find useful about GoGuardian. As a teacher, the price was right for me (free for teachers; I am not entirely sure if my school corporation pays for it). It is also easy to use; everything is clearly marked and the rosters are already in the system.

Brendalee
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

Big learning curve needed

It is ok. It does a good job at filtering on chromebooks.

Pros

It does well filtering what you put in if it is worded correctly

Cons

I know everything is a learning curve but this is a tad more difficult. Thank goodness support is very helpful!

Top GoGuardian Alternatives

Lightspeed Mobile Device Management

Kevin
Kevin

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

A Must for One-to-One Schools

I cannot imagine how I would be an effective teacher without this (ever since we went one-to-one). In addition, their customer support has always been friendly and helpful.

Pros

It is always running, both at home and at school. It automatically sends alerts about any potentially harmful internet use. It allows teachers to help kids stay focused in class. It provides another way for teachers to show parents what their child is doing during class time.

Cons

I wish individual students could be put into different "scenes" at the same time, but that is just me wishing for an additional feature.

Trevor

K-12 School Must-Have

We have been with GoGuardian for three years and have had an enjoyable experience. They have helped save us many headaches that would have otherwise occurred had we not had them.

Pros

Ease of use - once set up, the information we get about student usage history, the ease of locking down custom filter policies, Smart alerts are a nice feature for tracking and being alerted to students more risky behaviors.

Cons

Sometimes sites would be categorized under a different category than one would expect. There is no "super-admin" access to GoGuardian teacher to oversee teacher classroom setups.

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

Essential for 1:1

GoGuardian has been amazing as a tool in my classroom. Their customer support and outreach has been phenemenal. Not only does the GoGuardian team respond to my emails and requests, but they are happy to reach out for feedback and ideas for improvement. I love that the company interacts with their customers to help build a better product and experience.

Pros

GoGuardian's teacher end content managment is easy to set up and use. Class rostering is amazing simple with Google Classroom sync. I love the new video chat feature on GoGuardian Suite

Cons

N/A. I am totally satisfied with this product.

Natalie
Natalie

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

Amazing Teaching Software

GoGuardian has been a great program for our entire high school staff. Is allows us to limit screen time on sites we don't approve of, and keeps students aware and honest with the work they are doing.

Pros

GoGuardian makes it easy to assess in-class work. As a teacher I can filter what websites students have access to during my class period which ensures the work they submit is genuine.

Cons

The screens are not always updated frequently enough to get a "quick view" of what an entire class is doing. But, this is ameliorated when individual pages are opened.

Guiding Students to be Better Digital Citizens

Positive experience hands down! They are willing to listen to new ideas or improvements and are diligent when it comes to finding a solution to a problem.

Pros

Goguardian is a great resource to keep tabs on students without having to hover over a computer screen or their shoulder. You can set scenes to keep students academically honest and keep the integrity of the lesson while knowing that your student is paying attention to the task at hand.

Cons

There are some glitches, however, their customer support personnel reply within the hour of a request.

Daisy
Daisy

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

GoGuardian Review

Pros

I love everything about GoGuardian. I am able to aggressively monitor student academic growth through GoGuardian. I am also able to manage the websites that students use on a daily basis.

Cons

I do not have any feedback for growth! GoGuardian is an amazing program. You will not regret it!

Alexandra

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Amazing resource for the classroom!

Pros

GoGuardian is incredibly easy to use as a teacher and it makes monitoring very simple. I can look and check in a couple of seconds what each of my students is doing, if they are on task and, if needed, close their tabs.

Cons

I don't think I would change anything. I love all the features!

Shawna

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Classroom management from Anywhere

I love this product and it has made a lot of things easier in teaching, especially with students having more and more access to technology.

Pros

I love being able to see what all my students are working on/doing both in my class and at home. This made virtual learning so much easier this past school year! I love being able to message my students to check in when I know they may not feel like asking a question. It eliminates some pressure. Also, It is great to be able to take screenshots right in the program to document when students do great or are off task. The new annotation and student group features are fantastic additions as well!

I also love being able to schedule classes and automatically start a "scene" that blocks anything I do not want students on during our class session. It helps to prevent students from being off task on their device when you can't observe every screen.

Cons

The only cons I have are:
1. There is a minor delay on what the students are doing and what I see.
2. I cannot see where their mouse if if they are trying to point to something and ask if that is what I am referring to.
3. If they have the chat window open, I cannot see their work page at the same time.
4. It would be nice to be able to turn scenes off for individual students, as a sort of incentive, without totally excluding them from the session and being unable to see anything they are on.

Bryan

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Great solution for what we need

After searching and testing multiple other products, we implemented GoGuardian a few years back across our district, using the Admin and Teacher portals. The main purpose was to implement web filtering that we could control for devices going home, trying to keep students safe on the web in school and at home. We have been impressed with the system's features and functionality. If we have questions or issues, their support team is ready to assist with Fast response times. They provide easy to access training materials.

Pros

Over the years of use, many new features/upgrades have been release, at no additional cost to us. The support is great!

Cons

The price was pretty steep, until we negotiated lower pricing through our vendor. There are still some granular Admin permissions that are not yet available. But, I have been part of multiple brief one-on-one discussions or panels with GoGuardian reps, regarding adding these features and more.

Stephanie
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 18/03/2022

Fantastic Monitoring Tool

GoGuardian has many helpful uses. In addition to monitoring student activities, it has allowed me to help young students navigate a website even when we are not in the same location. By watching their screen as I talk to them on a Google Meet, I am able to help guide them through tricky tasks.

Pros

GoGuardian helps teachers ensure that students are using computers appropriately and staying on task. I love that you can see what students are doing, as well as what other tabs they have open. The ability to freeze the screen and take screenshots helps to monitor and document student activity. I've also used the recorded session reviews frequently.

Cons

At first, GoGuardian is a little tricky to set up. Once the class is set up, however, it starts daily and is easy to use.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Go Guardian is a Game Changer!

Before GoGuardian, our monitoring system was standing in the back of the room and watching over the students' shoulders. One of my colleagues even went so far as to install angled mirrors to see student activity on the devices. It was very low-tech and not very effective.GoGuardian is a game changer. I now have a complete and efficient system that enables me to effectively monitor and support student progress.

Pros

I really like how easy GoGuardian is to use. I just sign on with my google account, choose my classes, and then I am able to monitor student activity and progress. I also like the way that I can see various types of data pertaining to student activity...from actual websites visited, time browsing and actual time on task. I can also see a timeline of the student activity and I have a record of the timeline.

Cons

I would really like to have a button or quick switch to lock all devices. Maybe it is there already, but I haven't figured it out. I would also like a little more detail when viewing student timelines.

Reviewed on 14/07/2019

Eliminates Off-task tempations

Overall my experience has been great with GoGuardian! It really keeps students on task. Students are less likely to search for non-approved material knowing I have access to their timeline.

Pros

I love being able to restrict certain sites. I love being able to allow only approved sites for students to browse. This eliminates students getting off task and forces them to be only on approved sites. I also like the ability to screenshot student screens. If a student is on a questionable site, it's great to have proof in case problems arise. I also like the ability to look at a student's timeline.

Cons

I wish there was a way to block "unblocked" sites. Unfortunately some sites get through the system and appear to be google. Our tech savy students have figured out a way to play games that don't get blocked.

Don

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

GoGuardian

Students are getting more tech savvy with computers. GoGaurdian allows to spend more time teaching and less time dealing with students that are misusing technology.

Pros

This software lets me see the screens of my students' Chromebooks while I am at my computer. I can lock their screens and also push websites onto their screens. It ensures that students stay on task while working

Cons

It can be a little buggy. Sometimes when I "unlock" student screens so they can begin working again, several student's chromebooks remain locked and then I have to go back and give the command again. It's a minor inconvenience and the pros far outweigh the cons.

Mitchell

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

GoGuardian is a teacher's saving grace for Chromebooks

GoGuardian has been amazing for our Middle School 1:1 program. Teachers can easily set up classes how they see fit. They can block all sites, except what the teacher wants them on. They can also keep it open, and just block things like games, youtube, etc. Administrators also get alerts for inappropriate activity. There is a feature called the "penalty box" which can be set up so they can only go on approved sites. This is a great deterrent for inappropriate use of the device. You can also have different settings at school and at home. This is nice if you want to block social media at school, but allow them to use it on their own time.

Pros

GoGuardian makes it easy to block sites and manage classes to keep students on task during the day.

Cons

Besides our middle school Chromebook 1:1 program, we also have 1:1 program with MacBook Air's. There is no good way to utilize GoGuardian for the Mac's in our environment. We have been told they are working on this though.

Todd

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Easy to use and provides perfect filtering solution.

Filtering and monitoring our kids Chromebooks is much easier to do now with granular filtering by grade without difficult setup!

Pros

Easy setup - less than 15 minutes for initial setup but will require some tweaking beyond the defaults. Works everywhere a user is logged into a Chromebook or Chrome browser.

Cons

There are 2 admin interfaces and the "New" interface isn't as easy to use as the old one. There are several features like YouTube filtering that only sort of work.

William

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

GoGuardian - The Next Step for Classroom Evolution?

I really like GoGuardian and recommend it in addition to filtering software.

Pros

I really love that this software lets our teachers monitor what their kids are doing on their Chromebooks. For teachers to have instant access like that is important with 1:1 devices.

Cons

Some of the features are harder to set up for staff and often times kids screens will time out on the teacher's display for seemingly no reason.

Jessica

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

Genius program for education

I love this program and I use it daily!

Pros

The schools to see my students' screens is so necessary. I can close their tabs, annotate on their screens, screenshot their screens, and chat with them. This is all five remotely!

Cons

Adding student can be tricky at first, but it is easiest to import students from Google classroom.

Miranda

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

GoGuardian Review

I am enjoying it.

Pros

Ease adding scenes
Google Classroom Integration
Set Schedules

Cons

There are no cons for this product at this time.

Dawn

Reviewed on 27/03/2021

Keep Kids on Task

I can record every students' activity and have it set up to do so automatically. Very easy to use even without training. Best change to teaching in years.

Pros

This is the best software I have used in years. It is the number one tool to use with students in the classroom or remote. I can send them impossibly long urls with two clicks: no more running around to help them type it correctly. I can close their tabs, send a chat, and see what they see on their screens.

Cons

I cannot think of one thing I do not like about this tool. It has put control of technology in the hands of the teacher.

GoGuardian Awesomeness

I LOVE GoGuardian! I was skeptical at first, as I thought my class was very well managed. The first day, I caught students off task and bullying another. This software is priceless.

Pros

I love that I can track, see, and redirect students to be more engaged and on task in the classroom. Even in the most engaging of classrooms, this software improves students on-task behavior.

Cons

I can't think of anything! Go Guardian is amazing!

Diana

Reviewed on 21/07/2019

Love it

Pros

Able to monitor numerous students at a time. Love the alerts as well

Cons

Theres really not much to not like. Occasionally it will block a site we need our students on but it is a quick fix

Ryan

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Does what it should

Pros

I use it in my classroom, and it is exactly as promised.

Cons

Occasionally, I have to click around a lot to find something, but it isn't a big deal.