Ooma Office Reviews

About Ooma Office

Ooma Office is a cloud-based voice + video solution suitable for businesses of all sizes. The platform includes a full suite of business phone features designed to deliver a flawless communications experience and advance team...

Browse Ooma Office Reviews

Tom
Tom
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great product overall

Great product overall but voicemail transcription could be better

Pros

Low cost and portability allows me to take calls around the world

Cons

Voicemail transcripts are about 70% accurate

Grant
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Ooma is the shizz!

I am completely 100% satisfied. There's no question I made the right choice.

Pros

I originally sought a solution to replace AT&T. Ooma has addressed every single one of my issues - cost, reliability, and customer support are second to none.

Cons

I can't think a single thing. I love everything about this company.

Matthew
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

Ooma office - Like a bad marriage that fails within the first month

At this point, we started looking for another provider that could provide a simple solution for a sole-proprietor business at a savings. We found DialPad, which has been a DREAM to set up. Every interaction with DialPad has been pleasant and easy. We initiated the porting of our business number from Ooma to DialPad. Because of the length of time the porting took, we went over our 30-day trial period. Once the port was complete, cancelling the Ooma service was a nightmare. They want to hit me with the cost of the deskphone! There was a rental agreement hidden in the contract. The phone was not free! Early termination fees! They want me to pay to ship the phone back to them that I didn't want, otherwise they will charge me for the phone if they don't get it back.

This whole experience has been like extortion. If you don't need any phone hardware to run your business, DO NOT accept any "free" equipment from anyone trying to get you to switch to Ooma.

I spent 37 minutes on the phone trying to get them to send me a prepaid return label for the phone. I was transferred to a manager who told me that he sent me the label. After hanging up, there was no label, just the boilerplate email with the shipping address that they want me to send it to. I replied saying that the manager told me that he was sending the label. The response was that they don't send prepaid labels.

FAIL!

Pros

Not much.

I was sent a desk phone as part of a 30-day trial. I didn't want a deskphone, but they said it was included in the trial. After I agreed to try their service, he kept calling me every day to see if I got the phone yet. The phone was fine. I have a small desk. I don't need a bulky corded phone on my desk. I mostly use a soft phone or my cell phone with an app to take business calls.

On the soft phone, I was able to make calls easily enough, although there was an unusually long delay from the time I tried to dial a number and when it actually started ringing on the other end. I never experienced this with RingCentral. Very annoying.

Then we decided to port one of our incoming business lines to Ooma. Once the port went through, I then learned that our incoming business line was ported to a fax line. Thankfully one of my existing customers emailed me to tell me that he could not reach me because when he called my business line, he got the loud beeping of a fax machine in his ear. I don't know how many prospective customers I may have lost during the time that my main business line was connected to a fax line. When I tried to contact Ooma customer service to fix this problem (because their admin portal won't let me fix this myself), I waited on hold for 20-30 minutes. Once someone picked up, I had to be transferred to someone else and then the call was dropped. This happened to me two times before I was able to reach someone that was able to reat

Cons

Also, there is no music on hold included with Ooma business plans. You have to buy your own royalty-free music and upload it yourself. Otherwise, your customers hear dead silence when you put them on hold.

I also was unable to make my after hours business voicemail greeting work the way it did on RingCentral (and the way it now works on DialPad). Their system couldn't do it.

Meanwhile, I continue to get sales calls from Ooma trying to get me to switch back to their service.

Dialpad

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Looking to simplify and save money

RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

DialPad lets you try their service for free, test it out, without any equipment rental entanglements. Once we knew that we loved it, we switched to a paid account so that we could initiate the porting process. DialPad ROCKS!

Top Ooma Office Alternatives

Intermedia Unite

Comcast Business VoiceEdge

Glen

Good Option for Business Phones

Very Good. Like all products, customer support can make or break the product rating.

Pros

Quality and ease of use. Very easy to use once it is properly set-up.

Cons

The initial set-up was a bit cumbersome, however, once the bugs were worked out it has performed well.

Jesse

I have loved this company since I started using it in 2016

Excellent. I recommend Ooma to everyone I meet.

Pros

Text messaging, desktop app, recording features are so simple to use

Cons

Some mobile devices have a lag for text messages

Debra

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Ooma is my choice

Excellent and would highly recommend them to other businesses

Pros

Not having to use AT & T at all and easy to use

Cons

Nothing other than not being able to see what number calls in when I transfer to a mobile number.

Matthew
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Ooma Office is Excellent for Simple Office Use

From the initial set up to having used it for some time now, I have been very pleased with Ooma in many ways. The low cost and ability to handle all of the messages and calls from my cell phone has made this the perfect solution to our needs.

Pros

We don't use our phone often and I'm not in the office near the phone much, so the call forwarding to my cell is perfect, as is the ease and low cost for these features. The cost for the function is essential and a great balance here.

Cons

Limited to internet connectivity, which hasn't been a major issue but has caused minor inconveniences. There was some issues with the app and some settings that I had to figure out, too.

MARY

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Amazing product!!!!

My overall experience with Ooma Office has been fantastic!!!! I don't have anything to complain about!!!! The options for the product are absolutely amazing, and the customer service is excellent!!!!!

Pros

I love the customer service the best!!!! They are always on top of their game, and willing to go above and beyond to help you out!!!!!

Cons

Honestly, there isn't anything I don't like about this product!!!!

Elissa
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 27/01/2024

Helpful and accessible

Pros

Able to modify needs for fluctuations in office flow, accessible anywhere, inexpensive

Cons

Difficult with mobile online platform. Wouldnt keep changes and crashed

Edward
Edward
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Long time user

Pros

Appreciate that the platform is always adding new features and other requested functions

Cons

Set up is a bit tricky in the beginning to be honest

Thomas
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Small Business Phone Solution

Overall I am very pleased with the Ooma phone system. It provides a numerous amount of practical features for a very reasonable price. Customer service has been very responsive when needed and with good follow up to make sure all issues were addressed.

Pros

The ease of set up and use. I could easily add all users and setup calling configuration will little instruction.

Cons

Faxing documents has some limitations on page orientation and upload size. Voice mail to text not included with basic package.

Vonage Business Communications

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

To get the features I required the cost was significantly more than I wanted to invest. The hard requirements and monthly service were both much high than Ooma’s product.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Value. More features at a lower cost.
Hillary
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Great ViOP for small business

Great customer service (if you have issues), low pricing and easy to use.

Pros

Ooma offers great value for small businesses. It's easy to set up and use and has lots of call menu options and call forwarding. You can also set schedules, which are also easy to change. Call logs are available and offer call blocking with a single click, which is awesome to avoid robo and sales calls.

Cons

The phones themselves could be better. They often reboot or "search for base" at in opportune times.

Kyle

Reviewed on 25/11/2022

Great system for quick small business deployments with basic needs!

At a reasonable cost point, and little barrier to entry. Ooma Office can help your business get its feet off the ground and offers upgrade options for more features your business can get access to as you grow

Pros

Ooma office gives your business a tool that you can use to efficiently to manage your client calls and start point of contact with your phone system. The UI requires minimal training to navigate on PC and offers a separate admin portal to restrict access to settings that are not needed for day to day use.

Cons

The software in some spaces does seem to be dated. The UI layout does seem less advanced that other providers and that could be to simply use. Power and Advanced users running business in IT like to have full function and features of their software to properly deploy solutions to problems.

Dialpad and RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

TELUS did not offer the features that Ooma office did for our daily needs in a phone system.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Availability of customer service to help with onboarding in a timely manner. The system could use improvement in the integrations department for automation
Rick
Rick

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

Ooma is fine for one of our office lines

Overall we like Ooma and use it for one of our office lines. We have redundency because with VOIP service we feel it's necessary.
The features are super solid and sound quality is great.

Pros

Easy service to set up and use. Sound quality is good and features are standard.

Cons

The mobile app could be a little stronger but overall no complaints.

Allie

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Changed our experience with business phone set up!

Pros

Ooma Office is so easy to set up and use - that even I, the most inexperienced phone user, was able to set up my entire office of 5 completely by myself. We have had Ooma Office for almost 4 years and have loved it since! I love that I can easily forward calls to other users, I can port my desk line to my cell phone if I need to step away, I can block calls from spam and unwanted numbers at the click of a button and it is all user friendly.

Cons

It took me a while to figure out how to add a new line/phone to our existing account

Jessica

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Good for a small business who just needs a phone

Pros

We have used Ooma for several years now and it has served its purpose as our "main" number. Since our office is fairly virtual and we typically deal with customers via email and online meetings, we just needed a phone and Ooma is a good option. Set up was super easy and has been mostly maintenance free.
We have customers in both the US and Canada and this service allows calls from both and there is no additional per minute charge when calling Canada.
The Virtual assistant, who answers calls when there is no one to take them, was easy to set up and seems to work most of the time. You can create your own recording to answer the calls as well as use the automated voice service.

Cons

While it was easy to set up, we have had a few connectivity issues. Some of it is unpreventable - with a VoIP phone service you need internet, and if that goes out there is a problem. But there have been a few times where the Ooma server was down and we weren't notified.
Also there is a function that allows you to have automated withdrawals to pay for account overages. Sometimes this service would not be working and they would cancel our conference bridge subscription without notice. We have used the conference bridge service for a while now and it is mostly reliable, but is most affected by this funding/billing defect.

Jeremiah
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Communication Services on a Budget

Ooma Office is very easy to set up and for the most part affordable when looking for very basic communication services. Customer service and technical support is a joke! I can call about the same issue 15 times in one day and every time I get a different answer on how to fix an issue, including them wanting me to purchase new equipment or blaming it on my ISP. When the Ooma Office service is up and running correctly, it's absolutely amazing and solid.

Pros

The software seems to be stable, never really have many issues.

Cons

Sometimes the call quality is horrible or just flat out unable to connect and it seems they have a lot of outages. Ooma Office service does NOT work with traditional fax machines, this has been an ongoing issue with Ooma Office from day one. If you are looking to use a traditional fax machine, be advised it will only work 25%-40% of the time, and you would be better off keeping a landline for fax services.

Rohin

Excellent product

Pleasant. Compared to other services, I liked it the best. The app function is nice for when we're away from the office and can work from anywhere.

Pros

Ease of getting started. Setup and functionality are great.

Cons

My phone that I chose runs off wifi. Downsides are if wifi is down but also at random times, calls can be fuzzy. But it can go away on its own or if we hang up and redial it's always better. Infrequent that this happens.

Maria
  • Industry: Insurance

Easy to Use

I highly recommend Ooma there is no hassle with the system and the operation.

Pros

I had the same service though another company before, Ooma es much better to use and the price is lower.

Cons

It is easy to use. I had this smea type of serivce with another company and Ooma is much better to use and more reliable.

Vicki

The BEST Service

The experience with Ooma has been great! There have been several times when I had to make a change in the system, but have been out of town and they were able to take care of it for me over the phone. They are very accommodating!

Pros

Ooma customer service is the best! I very rarely have to be put on hold and they are always friendly, patient and very helpful! They give you a feeling of working with a small company; very accommodating!

Cons

I really don't have any issues. I did have an issue at one point after an upgrade in their system and kept having to call with the same problem and they credited me for the period of time we had the issues.

Jordan
  • Industry: Fine Art

Reviewed on 11/12/2021

The Best Phone Service

Ooma has quick capability to update hours, which was critical during Covid. It enabled us to easily and quickly communicate with customers through texting. It automated simple processes like telling our store hours to customers. It streamlined checking messages in our email inbox so we didn’t need to set pins or train employees! The list goes on and on! I recommend Ooma office to all!

Pros

Ooma Office is By far the best phone service on the market! We saved hundreds of dollars switching and haven’t had any problems. If we can’t figure something out the customer reps will answer a call, usually in under 30 seconds. The software is intuitive. It is easy to setup, and the app makes texting customers easy and straightforward. Being able to text pictures is also a phenomenal feature!
Noteworthy items:

1) Great Pricing
2) Reliable Service
3) Included texting capabilities
4) Included Virtual Receptionist
5)Easy to update hours
6) Changes all remote capable

Cons

Nothing! Ooma is the absolute best! I am so happy we switched over.

KIM

Reviewed on 05/12/2020

OOMA OFFICE

AS A RESULT OF USING THE SYSTEM, WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE OUR COMPANY APPEAR A LOT LARGER AS WE CONTINUALLY GROW. ADDITIONALLY, WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WORK MORE REMOTELY.

Pros

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE A GROWING ELECTRICAL COMPANY. IT WAS SO BENEFICIAL ADDING OOMA OFFICE TO OUR BUSINESS. WE EASILY INTEGRATED IT INTO OUR CURRENT SYSTEM. WE HAD TO WORK OUT A FEW KINKS BUT NOW IT IS A SMOOTHLY RUNNING SYSTEM. AS OUR COMPANY GROWS, WE HAVE THE OPTION TO ADD MORE SEVICES. THAT'S WHAT I LIKE THE MOST.

Cons

OVERALL, THE SYSTEM IS REALLY GOOD. INITIALLY, I HAD CONCERNS WITH SETTING UP EVERYTHING BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE COMPANY HAS IMPROVED A LOT WITHIN THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. I WOULD ADD A FEW MORE OPTIONS FOR THE VOICE MAIL OPTIONS.

Arthur
Arthur
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

OOMA Rocks!

I love it!

Pros

I love that I can use my personal cell phone to call back a client using the OOMA app and have the call appear that I am calling from my office! My personal cell phone remains personal!

Cons

I can't answer text messages using my desktop or laptop computer!

Scott
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Love Ooma!!!

Overall, I am very satisfied with Ooma. I have been with them for three years and will never switch away from them. Their price and quality cannot be beat.

Pros

I love that they are always looking to upgrade the features to what their customers need.

Cons

I wish the desktop app, and the mobile app were a little more advanced. I would also like the virtual assistant to transfer to a different number when the option is selected.

Hayden
Hayden
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Fantastic!

Pros

-US Based, 24/7 Support
-Friendly Staff
-Value

Cons

-Hidden Fees
-Extra cost for pro features
-I don't always receive my calls in the app.

Pricing and features.