MoneyMinder Reviews

About MoneyMinder

MoneyMinder is a comprehensive nonprofit financial management software designed to simplify and streamline financial operations for a wide range of group types. Whether you belong to a parent group, service club, youth club,...

4.8
4.8

Browse MoneyMinder Reviews

Tammy
Tammy

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

MoneyMinder Saved the day!

Overall this has been extremity helpful in organizing our finances and keeping up with the homes that have been sold in our community.

Pros

I really like the fact that this is very easy to use. If you do not have an accounting background you can still operate within the software with limited knowledge.

Cons

The totally separate fiscal years is very limiting in some aspects. I would like to be able to print all details for the prior year for those contacts that have not paid their bill.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Ease of use and cost.
Juanita
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 16/03/2022

Start by making a budget

With MoneyMinder we will reduce the time and money required to produce our financial reports while also producing less complicated, more understandable reports.

Pros

The information about making a budget for a non profit was most helpful. However, I had difficulty understanding headings, subheadings, and categories. Shirley emailed and asked how I was getting along, then set up a time a phone call. She even entered part of my budget information so I could see how it should look. She was very patient and explained details in a way I could understand.

Cons

On the Budget Analysis report the totals print at the bottom of every page, the same totals that print at the end. I would rather the totals just print at the end.

Stanley

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

Great customer service

Pros

The software itself was straight forward and easy to use.
I ran into a lot of trouble with reconciling Money Minder. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] went above and beyond to help me get it figured out.
She dis an absolutely phenomenal job!!

Cons

Nothing specific about the software was negative.

Top MoneyMinder Alternatives

Lori
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Has everything without being intimating

I've been using it for 6 months. Most things I've taught myself by just looking around the software. I have called customer service when I get to stumped. Only needed to used this resource twice and both times were a quick pleasant event.

Pros

Clear menu driven software. Format, font, fields are easy to read/use without spending hours reading tutorials.

Cons

I would like to be able to create the billing statement and reports with our Logo, add my own color scheme and format.

Christi
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

MoneyMinder great for Booster Clubs!

Overall, my experience with MoneyMinder has been great. I was concerned coming into my Treasurer role that I would be stuck with a program I didn't like. That was not the case. MoneyMinder is so easy to use that I've suggested it to other small nonprofits I work with. It's great!

Pros

For a school booster club, accurate accounting is crucial but so is ease of use and in handing the program down to a new treasurer every year. MoneyMinder makes all of that simple! When I took over the role last fall, it was a breeze to jump in and figure it out. It made, and continues to make, my volunteer role much easier. Also, the ability to look back and compare the same events in previous years is great!

Cons

My only complaint is the added cost of integrating bank statement downloads. For a small club, we're already spending a lot for the program and don't want to add more. Just makes my job a little more time consuming to have to enter those entries by hand.

Quickbooks Online and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

Our club had been using MoneyMinder for a number of years so the history was already there. A different product would have had to offer something much more amazing to get me to switch.
Amy

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

Outstanding Customer Service

Our organization was able to quickly work out an annual budget and follow it accordingly. I am easily able to run monthly and quarterly reports and tax filing has been made easy! The customer support is by far the best I have ever experienced with any accounting program and has gone above and beyond in order to make our departmental transitions very seamless.

Pros

It is easy to use and guides first time users in a way that is easily understood.

Cons

None. I am 100% happy.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

The price, the ease of use, and the customer service!
Katrina
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 01/11/2021

This software filled in a gap from the bookkeeping done by previous treasurer

Every time I have a technical issue or a basic accounting/bookkeeping question, the staff is super fast to respond by chat. I would say they resolve all my questions efficiently and in a manner that feels personal.

Pros

This has a treasurer's report which is very easy for our board to look over that we did not have before. I can answer questions and print trails of how numbers are determined. With our last treasurer, we had to do our own calculations and it wasn't always easy to follow.

Cons

If you aren't great at understanding accounting for "restricted" accounts when the money is really all in the bank account and the restricted accounts are for information only.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

MoneyMinder fit the nonprofit and fund accounting easier than Quickbooks.
Shirley

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Outstanding Product and Customer Service

We transition the role of treasurer every year, so having a tool that is so easy to use and has
such great technical support behind it will make our annual transitions so much smoother and easier.

Pros

It is a very straight forward product that has been easy to set up and use from day one.

Cons

Some of the reports have more columns than I would like and being able to hide those would be great. It’s probably possible but I just haven’t asked how to do it yet.

Carol
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 19/02/2022

Customer Service

We needed this to determine whether activities were or were not profitable in fundraising.

Pros

I am very satisfied with the quick response when I have had questions. Within minutes!

Cons

I am new to this position and was confused at first about the software, but as I work with it I have become more comfortable.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

Price, and that it's intended for non-profits specifically
Aimee

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Excellent product and Excellent Customer Service

The customer service team is PHENOMENAL. Anytime I have a question, they respond very quickly and are super helpful.

Pros

This system is great in that it combine expenses and revenue on the same line item, which is way easy than Quickbooks. Also the ability to download transactions directly from PayPal is life changing for me.

Cons

It can be a little confusing trying to figure out what reports to run.

Christina

Reviewed on 06/10/2019

Fantastic for volunteers

Superb! Makes keeping our nonprofit books really easy to manage.

Pros

The Customer Service Reps on the phone are real world, super helpful people. Most I've talked to have similar experience as our organization and truly understand every single challenge or question I've ever had. They are patient, non-judgemental, and very reasonable with the solutions they provide.

Cons

Sometimes the PayPal download feature doesn't entirely translate data well.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for your kind words Christina. We're glad you're enjoying MoneyMinder and that our customer support team has been helpful.

It sounds like you've had some hiccups with PayPal. Did you know that when you update to the newest version of MoneyMinder that PayPal integration is SUPER easy? It's a direct import, as opposed to downloading reports & then uploading them into MoneyMinder. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Let me know if you want a hand (or moral support) updating your account.

Replied 10/10/2019
Leslie

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

I have never had a problem with MoneyMinder in the 4 years that I have used it.

Whenever I call the company or email, I get a response very quickly and they are always so helpful and kind.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and provides different reports. It is not difficult to enter the information you need for your organization. It is easy to make a correction if needed. With this program, it is easy to reconcile your bank statement. Wonderful to upload your budget for the year and again, easy to change as the year proceeds. I have recommended this program to numerous PTAs. I feel one of the biggest pros to this program is that you may retrieve information from past fiscal years. If you need to remember something, it is right at your fingertips. That helps make for an easy transition, when new officers are taking over the treasurer's job. I like that you can access the information from any computer as long as you have your information to log in. This is the easiest program to use with a low cost for all that it can do and produce!!

Cons

I haven't found anything on the program that I do not like in the many years that I have been treasurer for PTAs.

Roxanne

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

MoneyMinder HOA Software

We went from a very difficult to use spreadsheet and we computerized our organization in a day. Lots of people commented how happy they were to get their invoices by email and they got an email response after their payment was posted (all out of MM). The reports are excellent and make my month end and year end so much easier.

Pros

Very easy to set and use. The customer service is outstanding. They respond so fast.

Cons

I would like to be able to save documents in the individual accounts vs a paper file.

Cherie

Reviewed on 06/08/2021

Outstanding Customer Service

Before, we were simply using a spreadsheet to track our budget and expenses. One wrong formula, and OOPS!!

MoneyMinder makes it all easy, intuitive, and versatile. DON'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

Pros

Extremely helpful and personal customer service. It is always frightening starting out with new software. "Looks great, until you buy it. Then you are doomed to figure it all out on your own." NOT SO WITH MONEYMINDER!! Have a question? CALL THEM! They reply, walk you through, and make sure you understand. They will even work through errors caused by YOUR OWN MISTAKES!

EASY TO USE, too!!

Cons

The ONLY feature I don't like is the graphic interface of the budget tool. I find the way the indentations of categories, subcategories, etc. to be really hard to read. I keep going back to try to figure out the hierarchy of the accounts.

Hiral
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 15/10/2021

User Friendly Accounting/Budget Software Program

I love MoneyMinder. I love how easy it is to creat different type of reports (ex. Treasurer reports, budget reports, etc). I love how easy it makes it to create a brand new budget and also to keep track of your transactions in a register. I love how friendly the customer service people are at MoneyMinder. They are always willing to help me with any questions I may have.

Pros

This software program is very easy to use. It makes every aspect of accounting for a non-profit organization manageable.

Cons

I can not think of a single thing that I do not like about this product.

Liz

Reviewed on 31/08/2022

MoneyMinder is an excellent choice for PTOs

It’s a great software option for PTOs.

Pros

The software is very user friendly, even for people without an accounting background. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been a wonderful resource for all my questions. She is quick to respond and has helpful suggestions.

Cons

We do not want to carry over all of the Stores from Cheddar Up every year.

Danielle

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

PTA user

Money minder’s customer service is top notch! Whenever you call you get a live person. That is very rare these days. I enjoy the software and the programs and it has been very easy to keep track of our PTA expenses with this program.

Pros

Very user friendly. Since the new update it’s more efficient.

Cons

Nothing really. It’s a great tool for our PTA.

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

I Love Money Minder

It's a great company with great people who care about their customers .

Pros

It's a simple yet powerful program. MoneyMinder gets the job done effectively and efficiently. Very user friendly.

Cons

I've been using Money Minder for three years and I honestly can't think of a single thing that I don't like about the software.

Neil

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

Money Minder is Great for Non Profits

Outstanding software. Very responsive website. Customer support is excellent!

Pros

It was easy to use, well documented and easy to setup.

Cons

I would like to be able to add custom fields for members that carried over to all members.

Stephen

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

MoneyMinder - The Perfect Choice for PTA Treasurers

Pros

When I became Treasurer of the PTA at my son's school I know I wanted to get a software program instead of relying on spreadsheets as previous treasurers had done. MoneyMinder was the perfect choice. First of all it is cloud based, which meant I could easily give access to other members of the PTA board. It is very easy to use but has many advanced features such as the ability to download banking transactions and transactions from Square. Those features alone have saved me an immense amount of time. The preloaded account structure for PTAs is also a great feature. The standard reporting features are easy to use but you can also do custom reports and exports. My one interaction with customer service was fantastic.

Cons

The only minor negative I have is that I don't think you can customize what fields to bring across when you download your banking transactions.

Stephen

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

CVM Thoughts

Pros

Help in getting it up and running. Ease of presentation to club.

Cons

There was nothing that we didn't like. It was becoming familiar with how it worked.

Laura

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

Great resource for non-profits

Pros

Love the ease of use of this software for our non-profit. It is set up perfectly for PTA financing and is easy to use by the least to the most experienced treasurer

Cons

Every time I have had issues, I simply look up help in the menu or sometimes call customer support, I get the help I need right away.

Kristie

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

The software is amazing! Allows me to be an efficient and effective volunteer.

Pros

The software is Intuitive, user friendly, accurate and simple.
Great customer department! It is beneficial to have transparency with the financials.

• Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Perfect for the volunteer treasurer

As mentioned in the Pros section, this software has allowed me to access the program wherever I am. As a volunteer, it is very helpful to be able to work on my treasurer responsibilities during my regular job's lunch hour. This has been a great upgrade from our old desktop software. Thanks MM

Pros

This software is very easy to learn and use. It is web based, so it can be accessed anywhere. For volunteers, it may be at work, at home or anywhere else. In addition, it allows multiple users, which offers transparency to the organization. With the other software that we were using, it was only on my laptop at home. Lastly, this software seems to have been developed with the part time volunteer in mind. It has all of the features, but not all the other items that a full business would need. All in all, I am glad we upgraded.

Cons

The main downside to the software was the migration of prior year's data into it. Although I have to say that the MoneyMinder team helped me through it.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Glad MoneyMinder is working well for you! We understand the extra work in setting up new financial years each year. We're in the process of making that more seamless!

Replied 05/02/2019
Dawn

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Edmonds Elem PTA Treasurer

Fantastic experience. Way easier to use than the QuickBooks we used to have.

Pros

Very easy to use and simple spreadsheets. Love that fact that we can have multiple users with different access abilities.

Cons

Set up was a bit confusing until I realized I could make the categories match our budget.