About InSync Healthcare Solutions

Enhance patient care with InSync's fully integrated, easy-to-use, cloud-based healthcare IT solutions configured specifically to your practice and workflows. EHR, practice management, medical billing, telemedicine, e-prescribing...

Browse InSync Healthcare Solutions Reviews

231 of 465,696 reviews
Layla J.

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Insync helped us say Bye bye bye to outdated systems.

The helpfulness of the staff that we worked with during implementation has been absolutely amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] will forever be my favorite Insync employee. She was kind, polite, prompt and professional. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] were also extremely helpful.

Pros

Previously, we had used 3 other EHR's, each with their own set of issues. However, the last one really took the cake. We were promised timely access to support, the ability to customize many things and ease of use. We stuck it out for 2 years, but when the EHR started deleting notes, not saving information, changing dates and times, we had no choice but to switch. So far, Insync has delivered everything promised and more. What took me 2-3 hours and several applications in previous EHR's, takes one report and maybe 20 minutes in Insync. This literally saves me hours of work. I have yet to have a question that cannot be answered.

Cons

The only thing I did not care for was the amount of ways to do one thing. So, it's not even a real complaint. But when teaching staff how to do things, it can be confusing to show them how to start an encounter from the facesheet, and the scheduler and the dashboard etc. It is nice that there are so many ways to complete a task but it is also a bit of a pain.

Brittany E.

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

Highly disappointed in this product; if on the fence, look elsewhere

I was initially excited about this new system because of the capabilities that it was said to provide (i.e., customization to meet the needs of the clinic, streamline communication between 2 locations, departments and therapists, ability to complete daily notes quickly and easily, ability to keep up with progress reports and due dates, simple and intuitive user experience). However, from the first day it was a complete nightmare, greatly contributing to my decision to leave the practice and seek employment elsevisor, it was always difficult to review my assistants paperwork remotely. We eventually had to schedule extra time outside of our normal duties just to sit down and go over paperwork face to face.
This system caused me to spend countless extra hours working at home and at the clinic just to troubleshoot. My efficiency and quality as a therapist was compromised; More focus and time was needed to deal with inSync, leaving very little time to plan effective treatment sessions and give clients what they need. In turn, this created dissatisfied clients.

How could it be improved?: The only way this system could improve is to not exist. I not only lost income and time, but I also decided to leave a great company solely due to this software.

Pros

Implementation team was kind and helpful when on site.

Cons

1. The system was always freezing up causing me to lose paperwork. If it didn’t freeze, sometimes it would take 30+ minutes to load the next page or save when working on things like evaluations.
2. The user interface is very complex to navigate and learn. Requiring countless hours of unpaid work.
3. As a supervisor, it was always difficult to review my assistants paperwork remotely. We eventually had to schedule extra time outside of our normal duties just to sit down and go over paperwork face to face.
4. Whenever there were updates, so many things would change, it was like learning the system all over again.
5. Patient files, names, contact info and important dates were very difficult to access causing many miscommunication between therapist and families. where.
6. Printed documentation was poorly formatted, further impacting my professional image as well as the clinic's

Brian H.

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

InSync Implementation Review

We were looking for a system to fit our unique specialty practice. InSync has provided a solution to a number of problems we were experiencing with our previous EMR, EPIC.

Pros

The ease of use of this system and the great implementation has made our transition as seamless as it could be. Our implementation specialist and training team were knowledgeable and made the system work for us.

Cons

Autoscoring excel documents and transitioning the scores to the care plan. Though the team has worked with us on creative solutions and submitted enhancement requests.

athenaOne

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Operational change and needing a system to fit our specialties.

EpicCare EMR

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The ease of use and customization.

Top InSync Healthcare Solutions Alternatives

Kimberly H.

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Very Impressive System

So far, we are only not even a month into the system and have been able to not buy 10 cases of paper a week. Yep, were were paper charts, Doctor never did EMR. She loves it. Billing is getting a handle on the mountains of EOB's and the Meaningful Use reporting required by ACO's and Medicare, have eased several persons jobs where they have been able to take a vacation.

Pros

Wow! When a chosen group of 4 personnel decided to switch systems, I was in the forefront of finding exactly the right system for our practice. We had outgrown our old system. I chose 5 companies, InSync was the 4th to be viewed. The sounds coming from the office after viewing the system, told it all. We found OUR system. Since all systems with them are not alike, that made it all that more special. Everything was thought of in designing this program from the colors being all happy and when our logo was already on the system, all I could say was "SOLD". Integration was very good, I had transferred systems 4 times before and I was nervous because this was the largest I every had to oversee. They made it seamless. I was the only one to learn the system, per the owner of the company, so as to not have way too many minds explaining what they all needed. I had a good idea of how this company runs and was to design it accordingly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my Implementation and Training Specialist, was unbelieveable. She had so much patience and never minded going over and over things until I understood. When I felt we were ready, we presented it to Doctor. There were tears in her eyes as she was so happy with HER system. Built completely with her in mind and the other 85 other staff members. This systems has and will continue to allow us to take this company to new heights. We added a new office already. Thank you, INSYNC!

Cons

I least like that it is fun. You actually want to keep working, or playing, as we call it. Hard to shut it off. One showing of the system by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and you are sold. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will call you just to chat.... All fun people. The in house people were amazing. I just realized, there is no CONS....

Sylvia C.

Reviewed on 15/10/2015

INSYNC made it all possible! THANK YOU InSync!

Pros

I love that InSync understood from the start that all practices (even within their own specialty) have very specific requirements and needs. Insync personalized the software to accommodate the needs of our practice and also tailored the EMR's work flow to mirror our current work flow pattern. This allowed for a much smoother transition. InSync was our practice's second attempt to transition to an EMR system. Our previous vendor's software was very restrictive and offered very little in the way of personalizing it to meet our needs. It wasn't user friendly and their technical support wasn't very supportive or helpful. Being user friendly is extremely important. Even if an EMR is tailored to your needs, if you can't figure your way through it in a quick, easy manner, you will end up frustrated and unhappy with your EMR choice. InSync's EMR is VERY USER FRIENDLY and is set up in a SENSIBLE MANNER that doesn't get you lost or confused. InSync made our transition from paper to EMR pretty darn easy for such a big, sometimes scary, undertaking. I can't say enough about how much support they offered both technical and personal (needed some emotional hand holding at times!). They went out of their way to make sure we successfully transitioned and they continue to be there for any ongoing support we may need.

Cons

The only thing that I could say here was that I wish I could have extended the 3 day onsite training to 30 days! Uh, but that would be unreasonable I know :-) But in reality, InSync, although not physically present in my office anymore, has always been available to answer my questions, guide me when needed and to help troubleshoot solutions. By "troubleshoot solutions" I don't want to imply there are any "issues" with the software. I haven't found any "issues" as of yet. I happen to have very high expectations of what I was looking to capture from an EMR, and how I could use it to help our practice meet AND score high on ALL clinical measures across the board for P4P, HEDIS and Meaningful Use. So by "troubleshoot" I just meant we worked to make sure this could be achieved. I am happy with the outcome.

Jessica W.

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

A business that prioritizes integrity.

I had the opportunity to speak with a very personable sales representative who's motive was to inform not to say anything and everything necessary to close the sale. The software itself has all of the functionality needed, and ultimately is the platform that I have been desperately searching for!

After I decided to move forward with this product, I then was setup with an implementation specialist who held my hand every step of the way through the setup phase. If something needed to be updated or changed, I would receive an e-mail saying the task was completed before I even had the chance to request assistance.

Finding a business that prioritizes integrity while striving to provide the best product is unfortunately very rare. Every step of the way, when I expected to hear "I'm sorry, we can't do that." (even if it would be understandable to hear), I received a "No problem, I'll get that going for you". As a small business owner my to-do list is a never ending whirlwind, and the problem solving and support I received through this process is hands down the best I have ever experienced.

Pros

Overall functionality options, workflows personable and customizable by position not just at a company level, logical admin settings and oversight options, focus on specific operational procedures.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet, but I will circle back around to this when I do.

Celeste K.

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

InSync Software

Pros

The initial set-up of the software is complex however the implementation team guides time and tasks very efficiently. Once the procedures and processes are solidified the day to day tasks are transferred to Insync RCM and the RCM Department. Our RCM Account Manager works diligently to bill and collect for our services to the point that our collections are at 99% and our days outstanding run around 15 days. The Account Manager understands the importance of clean billing to reduce write-offs and is very responsive when we need guidance. It is a pleasure to work with InSync RCM.

Cons

As an accountant I would like more thoughtful use of the database with focused reports that take into account accrual accounting. The system reports are robust and informational however they are cash basis accounting which require manipulation if your company is accrual accounting based.

Jacqueline O.

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Insync; RCM and overall experience.

Overall, InSync is user friendly and has various features that will be beneficial to our practice. The implementation process itself has been great mostly because of the individuals that have been working diligently to ensure our success. I would like to acknowledge [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with the RCM team. From the very first moment I met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I knew that we were in good hands. She is solution-focused, results driven and has excellent interpersonal skills. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is extremely knowledgeable yet compassionate with her approach. She welcomes all questions and has consistently made our practice feel like a priority. It is a breath of fresh air to work with someone that not only understands their role, but can also validate, empower, and offer solutions to enhance process flows. We are extremely grateful to have her as a part of our team!

Pros

The dashboard, shortcuts and reporting are some of our best features in InSync. We also like that the system is customizable and we have been able to enhance some of our documentation. The implementation team has great to work with and has been easily accessible for questions unlike our previous provider.

Cons

The calendar feature in InSync is our least favorite function. We also hope that one day InSync will have it's own app so that therapists can easily access their clients for the day.

Patricia S.

Reviewed on 14/08/2020

Great software

Sales and training staff have been very professional and helpful. Our trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was very professional, congenial, and always very patient with our questions. He is a real asset to InSync and always willing to answer questions, often after hours.

Pros

The software is easy to use and learn. It's very versatile and has more features than others we have used that make our work easier and more efficient. The software is integrated with the billing portion which saves us time. Errors are fixable before sending to billing.

Cons

We are very new to using the software and so far I can't see any problems or issues that I would change. After using it for a while, there may be some suggestions but the program is so complete that simple customizations make everything fit our needs so far.

Kelsey W.

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Amazing Product and Support

Our experience has been great. The support we received from the implementation team has been amazing. Our issues were addressed usually within 1 business day and there were very few things that we wanted that the system could not do. Our team was very engaging with us and extremely patient, even as we continue with last minute changes.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, even for people who struggle with technology. We also have several different programs within our agency, and this software was adaptable to all programs and we have been able to make it work for all users. The software is extremely adaptable and changes can easily be made.

Cons

The medication module can be confusing and it does take some time to practice with it to get the flow figured out.

Prime Suite

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

The software we were using was extremely outdated and we were not able to get any data for our organization. It was not user friendly and the customer support was almost non-existent.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Insync seemed to fit our organizations needs better. We interview several clients and they did not have a bad word to say about this system and its capabilities. It is a dynamic system rather than a linear system as other ones we have looked at.
Myron E.

Reviewed on 20/03/2020

The Support Staff MAKE the product successful!

Our prior EMR sunsetted, and InSync appears to be far superior. Wish we used it for the past years instead of our prior softwares.
Special KUDOS to our InSync Support Staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who worked tirelessly, respectfully and joyfully to resolve any issues that arose - always beneficially for resolution timing and success! Also shouts out to Expert [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and our wonderful on-site Trainer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! ALL highly recommended, and then some!

Pros

I like that we can control the customization for almost everything

Cons

We have a more complex setup than most, but we worked through the challenges together

Kareo Telehealth

Medical Mastermind sunsetted

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync addressed our needs better than Credible, and had superior support options compared to Kareo.
Richard H.

Reviewed on 03/08/2016

A great choice with great functionality

We have had InSync since 2013 and have been able to effectively use the software as promised. They are continually evolving and we are growing our practice, and they are very responsive to any suggestions or questions we have.

Pros

The company is very helpful and understanding of our needs and is able to accommodate our requests. The software is web-based, so there isn't anything that is stored locally and nothing that needs to be installed. The automated calls and texts, integration of the patient portal, medication management and insurance eligibility checks are great to have. The Meaningful Use helpdesk staff is a great asset and has helped our practice meet MU criteria and receive our payments. They can also help in case of an audit.

Cons

Cannot scan directly into the EMR, but they are working on it.

Stephen J.

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

It is a PM/EMR software that works.

Like most of us we want this software to be all things to us. Although we have not arrived at this point, the developers work with us to modify what we are trying to implement and help educate the staff. Do your homework, make sure you understand what you want and need and how they can help you.

Pros

Our billing process has become so much more efficient and case documentation is a breeze. The software is 1) user friendly, 2)self explanatory , 3) has an easy to access resource center 4) and clear instructions . Depending on the style of learning that my staff members are most proficient, they can learn at their own speeds. We now have our own account manager that we can funnel all of our concerns through. The reality is that this program touches most every facet of our practice and we are bound to have challenges. This will help them to help us to stay on top of any training deficits that may materialize.

Cons

It is sometime difficult to have a bunch of behavioral therapists attempt to navigate any IT system. The support is good and responsive. We would all like to have an answer or a quick fix, sometimes that just cannot happen.

Trey B.

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Custom

Overall I really have enjoyed the experience. Its one of those the more you put into it, the better the system will work for you.

Pros

Very configurable software to meet any needs. I run a very complicated practice that has some very different demands than the standard medical office. Insync was very useful at being able to conform what they had into what I needed. The customization is great for any practice.

Cons

There is a lot to learn about this product as you can conform it to however you need it which is great but it is very time consuming to set up. Even with the great customer support and setup and implementation, it takes a while to get used to everything and configuring everything you need.

Chris C.

Reviewed on 15/08/2021

Improvement

Overall the experience was outstanding with the assistance that we received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. The company is quick to respond to issues and solve the problems that we have encountered. So far this has been a huge move up from our past EHR Compulink.

Pros

The ease of use with billing and EHR. The ability to do group scheduling as well as charting is also very easy. Patient Portal is also a nice feature that we did not have prior.

Cons

The server can be quite slow and can take a lengthy time for different screens to pull up.

Kareo Clinical and Kareo Billing

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

The continuous issues that we were having with the software in billing, scheduling, and the EHR was very difficult to chart in due to overlapping buttons.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The ability for us to see and work with the product some prior to use as well as the billing side of things was much easier to understand and user friendly.
Ziad Y.

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

Got a small practice?... Run away, quick!

In one word I would say, scammed, we felt we were scammed by insync and their upper management. When signing up originally we were offered two options; a monthly fee, where we wouldn't own the software, or we could by licenses which we would own, and just pay a small monthly maintenance fee.

After shelling out $9,000 dollars over several large payments, we were sent our yearly "small maintenance fee", a nearly $7,300 bill! Thinking it was a mistake we didn't pay, we intended to get it corrected. Before we had the chance our software was turned "off", or ut into "read only" mode as they are so fond of doing (they this once before without warning when one of our payments was late).

How can they turn off access to software we own? Good question, after a conference call with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and still no answer to that question. We have moved on to another more reputable EHR , we were never offered our data, so now we login when we need to reference information like which pharmacy a patient uses, etc. But even this is being block, someone up high, no one at the help desk claims they can tell who it was, inactivated one of our 4 employee accounts, so now we only have 3 users able to login even though we have paid for a total of 6 licenses....

We have reported Insync and their slimey business practices to the proper regulatory agencies, trust me if you're a small practice, or a practice of any size...run..

Pros

The software itself is good, aside from the speed which slows every now and then, it is updated regularly.

Cons

Every screen that loads basically has to load twice, once for the actually gui to display then it refreshes and places your data within the GUI, definitely slows things down.

Megan D.

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

New InSync User

InSync is quality software that has many exciting functions; the support with our transition has been excellent and we have been able to customize the system to meet most of our needs.

Pros

This software has allowed our agency to condense billing, scheduling and documentation into one system, which has helped us to streamline our operations. The portal is a nice feature that also provides many opportunities to communicate with clients in a confidential manner and increases accessibility of services. Our agency was well supported prior to, during and after our implementation. Our Implementation Specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been great-- he is very helpful and responsive to our needs.

Cons

There was little knowledge about Medicaid requirements for our specific State and and mental health services overall. As a result, the software has not been able to help us meet certain State requirements yet and creation of certain notes/forms has been tedious at times. Needing to purchase extra licenses as our agency grows and adds staff is also another cost.

Chelsea F.

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Excellent Implementation!

Our implementation specialist was exceptional! We had many questions, and her answers came both efficiently and thoroughly. Her organization was key prior to and following launch. I must say that it is this excellent service which their representative offered which made the most impact upon our comfort and adaptation with InSync!

Pros

I will say this a few more times throughout this review, but the most effective tool which InSync provided us with was our Implementation Specialist! The representative offered both vast knowledge, expertise, and efficiency. In utilization of the software itself, the most efficient feature is the claims scrubbing. This extra "check" helps to prevent denials, and once the procedure is learned, rebilling claims via InSync is very simple. Another major draw to us are the array of financial among other reports, which others systems do not all offer.

Cons

There are a few features that are intimidating to utilize at first, such as the Claims and ERA processing; however, with an effective Implementation Specialist, this is completely manageable! Outside of this intimidation, we have seen some appointment reminder inconsistencies, but I believe that corrections to these are in the works. The company is very responsive to concerns.

Talia S.

Reviewed on 19/09/2021

New and improving

Overall good experience. All of the employees have been more than helpful, willing to problem solve and it has been a great start up.

Pros

All of the options. Different evaluations and all the capabilities.

Cons

There are multiple ways to do the same thing yet no clear cut way to do many things. The implementation does not cover 3rd party vendors such as reminders or ezpay which would be beneficial on the setup side.
I also dislike not being able to see patients appointments from searching their name.

Beth W.

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Good product, great price

Our previous EMR was too bulky and too expensive for what we got. It was very slow and hard to manage. Insync is much quicker and has some features that are significantly better.

Pros

Insync has a quicker response time, streamlined features that work with smaller groups.

Cons

Some things are quite counter-intuitive or more difficult than need be. A simple thing I found today...in the batch payments section, you cannot copy and paste an amount...when dealing with hospital stays, copy and paste amounts would be far quicker for multiple entries.

Nikki C.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

A gem of a find!!!

We looked for years for an affordable solution to our EMR needs....FINALLY...InSync!!!

Pros

We were in need of a software for our large mental health practice (60+ providers) that could be customized to meet all of the various requirements we have with our variety of contracts and accreditation. This is just that!! It is very user friendly and has improved the efficiency of our practice a great deal!! Our providers are loving it! The implementation process is a time commitment over 6-8 weeks, but the professionals at InSync were there every step of the way with prompt responses to questions and needs. We are also using the RCM (billing) services InSync offers...so far so good!

Cons

We are honestly so pleased with this software. There may be some minor things that would make our workflows better, but as we recognized those items, InSync put them in as requests for enhancements to their product. For example, we would love to have the ability to send out Client Satisfaction Surveys via the product, but this is not currently a feature.

Nici G.

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

I would describe our overall experience as very positive. All staff were helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros

I feel that our employees were supported through this whole process. Questions were answered quickly. I appreciated that staff worked to educate themselves on our program to better meet our needs during training.

Cons

I am not sure there is any part of the software I dislike. It fits our program well.

One Step GPS

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The YWCA is part of a group in Iowa that explored EMR's. We felt that this software best fit our needs and provided the most opportunities.
Jill T.

Reviewed on 24/08/2020

Review of Insync

The overall experience with InSync, to date, has been very professional, responsive and attentive to the many different needs and demands on our agency.

Pros

We finally have a product that can be used throughout our entire agency.

Cons

There seems to be a large learning curve with our older staff. Some catch on easily and others do not. I would not specifically say this is a con, but a struggle for some.

Jonas C.

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

Brand New Residential Treatment Center, First EHR

Excellent energy, attitude, preparedness, and resourcefulness. The team was also very considerate of user skill level and was adaptable!

Pros

The experience as a new user or navigating the system was easier than expected. the best attribute when comparing to other programs was the adaptability and flexibility of what can be created or modified to customize to your needs. The implementation specialist and Go Live trainer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were phenomenonal!

Cons

Being a residential treatment level of care, the search for a record that was no more of an outpatient focus or too much of a hospital focus was exhaustive. There were no major hiccups, just the process was tedious at times for us to communicate what we wanted and how to work for us. Not really a dislike, but most EHR's do not seem build for this level of care, but In Sync was incredibly adaptable .

Patricia L.

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

Insync Review

So far it has been wonderful. The customer service has been amazing, all questions answered, and everyone I have spoken to is kind and knowledgeable.

Pros

I really like the flexibility that Insync allows with running reports to capture all the data that I need.

Cons

I dont really care for the fact that if I mark a to-do as complete then it will show complete for everyone on the to-do. I also dont like that to capture all the details I need on reports I have to export the data.