About Clio

Clio is a cloud-based legal practice management solution suitable for small to large law firms. The platform enables lawfirms and other businesses in the legal industry to track important deadlines, manage client cases and...

Browse Clio Reviews

1,161 of 2,006,208 reviews
Stephen B.

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Fantastic Practice Management Solution

Pros

Clio's intuitive design is easy to use for anyone from the tech savy to the "how do I turn this thing on" person. They are constantly adding features and functionality to the software solution making the administrative side of practicing law much easier and less time consuming. Clio's support team is always quick to respond and is always friendly and helpful. The growing list of integrations is definite plus and gives us the ability to extend the already great functionality to the next level. And if you are into coding, you can always create a custom integration to suit your needs.

Cons

Really the only complaint I have about Clio is the reporting capabilities. While it has some great canned reports within the interface, there is no ability to customize reports to massage out information that would be useful to my practice. We make do, of course, but this has been my complaint for some time now. Last time I checked there was a pay integration that allowed for more robust reporting but adding yet another subscription isn't appealing when it would be relatively easy for Clio to add this capability to their platform.

Thad S.

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

Security is lacking for the accounting side. Otherwise it's a very good software.

We have been with Clio since about the middle of October 2019 (today is April 3, 2020) and we are mostly pleased. I think that most case management software works on the same theory: a contact (person or enterprise) can have several different matters (cases). Like most users, we just want it to work and it does (with the exception of the accounting problem described above).

Clio has so many helpful features and integrations that it could take a year or two just to get a small to medium-size office up to speed with using all the features.

However, UNTIL CLIO FIXES THE ACCOUNTING SECURITY PROBLEM, DO NOT SWITCH FROM YOUR CURRENT PROGRAM.

Pros

-It has very robust features and integrations.
- I love that the document repository is built-in and built into the price.
- Tech support is good via chat, so I can resolve issues quickly.
-Because it's the leading player in cloud-based case management, it seems like integrations are more numerous.
-Only on rare occasions have I seen the software go off-line or slow down.
-The outlook and word integrations are robust.
-It's easy to find experts who work with Clio because it's such a significant player. We are now setting up operations with a Clio expert bookkeeper. We could not do that when we used a competitor program called PracticePanther.

Cons

1. EMBEZZLERS PARADISE. Clio's accounting security settings allow anyone who can make a receipt for receiving a payment also to be able to EDIT that payment afterward. So, a dishonest employee could make a receipt for $500 cash, pocket $300, and then go back and edit that receipt to be only $200. Right now are using carbon copy receipts as a workaround, but that's not very professional or 21st century. CLIO, YOU GOTTA GET IT TOGETHER AND FIX THIS.

That same security setting described above also allows users with that setting to see a client's balance before their case is submitted (as a flat fee immigration firm, we want to be paid before the case is finished). Clio supposedly tried to fix this by allowing a balance to be viewed without being able to edit payments but that feature it doesn't work.

2. It would be nice to see a texting feature to verify appointments within Clio. Other cloud-based case management does that. With Clio you have to buy another program for texting.

3. It would be nice if we could see all communications for each matter just by clicking on the contact. It is something that Clio should make as a feature that can be turned on and off. It would work better for our firm because we represent individuals in immigration cases that could have three or four different matters.

Christopher C.

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

Clioed

Pros

We choose it nearly a decade ago. They constantly evolve and have address issue proactively. With the new integration to QBO it is a product worthy of consideration.

Cons

To manage the growing firm we needed to use FasterSuite to address the docketing shortcomings of Clio.

CosmoLex and Actionstep

Reasons for Switching to Clio

Cosmo Lex has no integrations. Not even the ability for Clients to use a webform to onboard. We assessed Action steps. A seeming good product however, I understand, the integration with QBO is weak and lead to errors.

Top Clio Alternatives

Diane R.

Reviewed on 09/02/2017

There has to be something better; going downhill for solos

I have been using this since 2012 - at first it fit my needs and was marketed for the solo/small practice firms. It has increasingly become more cumbersome and takes longer to calendar and bill than I would like. The interest feature on the billing can only calculate simple interest. Once you enter the interest formula, there is no way to disconnect it so you are left to manually delete all of the entries. They have changed the billing process from a process that once took about an hour to taking about 3 hours. A bill is generated and placed under the Draft tab, you can view it, edit it, submit it for approval (a waste of time for a solo), or approve it - so I view it, see it needs to be edited, and click on edit, the bill comes up for editing, then once you've completed it, you hit Approve - and nothing happens which is new - you either can hit the go to bills Awaiting Payment link, or click on the Awaiting payment screen -- from there, you are forced to sort through all of your accounts receivable to find your newly edited bill. Once you find the bill, then you can Receive Payment from the trust account - but be careful since if your client has $500 in trust and the bill is $1000, the trust payment will pop up $1000, which you know is inaccurate, so you have to do another edit. Then the bill drops out of view and you either have to return to Awaiting Payment or Paid tabs - search through all of the other bills, find your bill, then you can download it - print it, or save it, and then email it.
If you want to enter a new appointment, you can do so on the calendar, but if you want to create a method to track the new client, you have to go to another tab to set up a matter, you can only input the client's name, not the address, not the phone number, not any other stuff that should appear at this point, in my opinion. Then you add in your number. Then you have to track down the name you just entered and try and add in addresses, phone numbers, email addresses. The process is incredibly time consuming.

Pros: Cost
Cons: Overly rigid, designed for those who have a data processor employee, time consuming, not customer service oriented - was marketed for solos/small practices and this is not the case any longer.

Pros

Web based program and cost.

Cons

Rigid, time consuming process. So many things don't work and the process of finding a work around is cumbersome.

Yunus P.

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

Clio: the best on the market

Very satisfied.

Pros

The software operates completely in a web browser. No cloud, no software to be installed on your desktop. If you have fast internet, you have fast attorney practice software, simply put. The visual layout is modern, visually appealing and easy to use. Clio is very customizable, and "works well with others" if have partnered with many great other platforms such as Lawpay, Quickbooks, and Zipwhip to name a few.

Cons

So far, nothing we least like about it Clio.

L raymond M.

Reviewed on 20/12/2020

Best management decision ever

Outstanding.

Pros

Clio saved my practice when I went solo in 2013. I could have retired, but I was still loving what I do. Just before my partner decided he no longer wanted to practice, we implemented Clio. My net income went up 50% from having a partner to working solo. His loss was barely noticed. When I took on a new partner in 2019, he was convinced in large part because we subscribe to Clio.

Cons

Tiered pricing. There are features I'd like, but the higher tier price does not justify the move.

Richard F.

Reviewed on 09/06/2020

Split personality software - two steps for the function of one

Clio allow you to generate bills - take payments online - and has a rudimentary accounting system.

Pros

Clio is quite robust with many functions geared for law offices. Much of the thrust is for multiple lawyer offices ( which makes sense) and some also work for solo firms (my office is a solo office). There is a forms component which is poorly integrated with Clio. It does allow you to create an online fillable form - but the steps to have that information fed into your database for the practice is cumbersome and not intuitive. Yo are using two independent programs - which is unlike both Practicve Panther and My Case. In the other two the feed into the database is direct - no two programs - no multiple steps to move rom one database to another.

Cons

As mentioned, the multiple step s needed to use the forms - and the cost for that portion of the platform - make this a terrible choice. If you want to use forms as questionares and to populate your database - and update the database - by client input - this is definitely NOT the platform to use.

Laurie T.

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Great functionality and awesome customer service

Clio has allowed us all to access information we need from one place and pull customized reports that allow for better business planning. Honestly, it's one of the most user friendly client database software that I've ever used.

Pros

What I like most about Clio and it's developers is that when there is a feature you believe would be a great enhancement and you suggest it to them, it seems like not long thereafter you have that enhancement.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I don't like, honestly.

Reasons for Choosing Clio

Abacus was too burdensome and very expensive for what you got with the software in my view.

AbacusLaw

Reasons for Switching to Clio

We were invited to their annual conference the year before we purchased it so we could speak to others using it and speak to the developers of the software. We've been back to their conferences several times thereafter!
Tanya mitchell G.

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Clio has changed my life!

My CFO's timed has been freed up tremendously because we now bill with Clio and she does not have to enter time from all users into a similar computer software. We all can work from anywhere and capture our time with the Clio app! Love it!

Pros

I love the functionality of Clio, and how we can manage time for each user on multiple devices. I not longer have to keep up with my start time for a task, my completion time, the calculation with what portion of an hour was teh time, or completing timesheets for a billing professional to then enter into a software to generate client invoices. Additionally, the billing process has been simplied and can be run from any computer. Further, the ability to keep up with each staff member's productivity is AWESOME! Clio has definitely changed my legal life!

Cons

Getting acclimated was sort of difficult because my rep was new at the time. The regular support team helped us with the remaining onboarding.

Reasons for Choosing Clio

We needed the flexibility that Clio offers for billings. We also have Clio Grow, and it has made new client intake a breeze!

Sage Timeslips

Reasons for Switching to Clio

Clio had better customer service and unlimited storage space for documents.
Sue F.

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

Clio's billing system

Overall, our experience with Clio's billing system has been positive - everyone likes the time entry. We are glad we went to Clio, its so much better than that other program we had been using.

Pros

We got Clio specifically for its billing program. Its great that everyone can enter their own time into Clio. I like how Clio does “macros” [they call them “text snippets”]. They work without having to use a code key.

The software is easy to use – for someone like me who is not a bookkeeper and hasn’t done a lot of billing before, it takes a little while to learn how to use it correctly, but once you know how things work, it’s a breeze. The very best thing about Clio, though, is its support staff! They are all great – it doesn’t matter who I’ve talked to they are all quick at getting to the root of my problem and showing me how to fix it. I have called other companies asking questions about their software and sometimes you just don’t believe what they tell you. It has never been that way with Clio – every one of their support staff is very knowledgeable and can quickly set you straight!

Also, Clio is open to suggestions from us and when they get a certain amount of inquiries asking if “they could change this or that”, they will work on it. We have been using Clio for 2 years next month and there are a couple of things they have implemented that we had requested, which is really cool!

Cons

Spell checking in the billing software is not what it could be – it does have the little red underlines if it thinks something is misspelled [like Word], which apparently is easy for some people to ignore. It would be better if Clio had its own dictionary and didn’t depend on the one in the browser. In order to do spell checks, we have to: export the time to a CSV file, spread out the column for the description, run a spell check and remember not to correct the errors there, but go back and find each entry in Clio and correct them there. It’s a little time consuming, and depending on how many typos each person makes during the month, it can be very time consuming, but its much better than reading the draft invoices word for word and finding the errors that way. It would be great if Clio could add spell checking so that it can be run in Clio without having to export and go back and forth.

The only other “con” we have with Clio’s billing system is with discounting invoices. It is very easy to discount an invoice by percentage or a dollar amount, but Clio only applies discounts on the total amount of the invoice, including client expenses, not on time spent only, so we usually put in a dollar amount so the discount comes out to the amount we want it to be , although Clio still applies that amount to the entire invoice.

J.p. W.

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Clio is the best option for a solo or small firm law practice

After 3 years, I am still working at discarding habits and practices built up over 25 years as a practicing attorney to better incorporate Clio's feature into my daily work flow. One of Clio's driving philosophy's is to make lawyers more productive with their time, and make lawyers services more accessible to persons that need legal advice. Clio's focus on providing multiple access points, including mobile apps designed from the ground up with these two goals in mind, will pay off for both Clio and my practice in the long run.

Pros

The Clio platform is not intended to be a closed, proprietary system. Instead, it forms the foundation for the day to day management of leads, clients, time, documents, and billing, supplemented by almost 200 third party integrations, with new offerings coming on line each month. Clio offers unlimited cloud storage and IOS/Android apps making all of your firm information, clients, and documents available 24/7. Clio continues to innovate and as the leading provider to small/medium law firms throughout the world, I don't worry about whether they will be in business a few years from now. Finally, all, yes all, of your data saved in Clio is easily exportable should you decide to change to a different vendor.

Cons

Clio's growth means that feature changes must be more fully vetted as they are used by more than 150,000 legal professionals. As they broaden their perspective to encompass larger firms, the pace of change may continue to be more deliberate. The movement and management of files without a third party integration, such as FasterLaw, is cumbersome. Clio's own integrations with Office365 for emails and calendaring remain a work in progress.

CosmoLex and Rocket Matter

Reasons for Choosing Clio

At the time I decided to look at alternatives, in 2017, the product was getting worse, not better.

Reasons for Switching to Clio

Largest user base and least likely to get assimilated or go out of business, forcing another vendor change.
Nicole B.

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Clio Review

Our overall experience with Clio has been fantastic!! The benefit of having all our information (contacts, notes, calendar, documents, etc.) in one program is huge for us as we often end up having to access this information outside of the office. The continued updates that Clio has made since we first began using it several years ago have all been excellent as well.

Pros

The software is easy to use and understand. The transition to Clio from our previous system was relatively seamless and the customer service is fantastic. I like that we can share documents with our clients and are able to see what date and time a client viewed each document. It is also extremely convenient to have our documents stored in Clio so that they can be viewed when we are not physically in the office.

Cons

It would be nice if you could integrate notes from a contact directly into a new matter as you are opening one. Currently, I have to copy and paste each note from the contact into the matter notes. Also, when I put in messages for Mr. Chefalo on people he needs to call back I make a task for him. When he views the tasks on his cell phone, it would be nice if he could simple tap on the phone number in the task and have it directly call the number as opposed to him having to type the number in on his cell phone to make the call. Finally, a client suggested that it would be nice if he had the option to opt in to receiving text messages from Clio any time we share a document with him or generate a bill on his matter.

Joseph B.

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Clio is an essential part of this law firm

Pros

Having direct access to the company, and the developers is a huge benefit to using Clio. If there's something that's not quite right, there's usually an easy fix or workaround, and you don't have to wait around for days or weeks to get a response from support. As far as the software itself, we love the nearly limitless integration ability of Clio, and the fact that they're always adding/improving features, like CourtRules, which is essential to our litigation practice.

Cons

We've been powered by Clio since 2011, and at the time, subscription software was a new concept, which took me a while to warm up to. Eight years later, however, everything requires a subscription, so this is a non-issue. I can only think of two things that I wish Clio would come up with a fix for: (1) ability to merge duplicate contacts; and (2) bring back the ability to have a less expensive subscriptions for non-attorney users.

Response from Clio

Thank you for the feedback, Joseph! We've shared your feedback with our Product Team. Though a one-click merge contact option isn't currently available, the steps listed here will help you achieve the same results (hope this helps!): https://support.clio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002325034-Is-There-a-Way-to-Merge-Contacts-

Replied 25/09/2019
Candace W.

Reviewed on 16/03/2018

I have been so impressed with Clio. There is so much it can do and the customer service is...

There are too many to mention. I was only looking for conflict management software and didn't know if I needed a case management software because I am a solo attorney that is just starting out. It turns out that Clio does so much more. The timer feature lets you track work on different matters and easily switch to a different matter when a phone rings or interruption happens. You don't lost time. The billing is clean, neat and easy. After that you can move on to so many other options -- document automation, cloud storage, phone logs, email logs, quick and easy email drop. I have been here less than a year and I wouldn't switch. I am so pleased with Clio and how it makes the business end of practicing so much easier.

Pros

What is best? There is so much. The Dashboard (to see instantly how the I am doing, and for each client so I can see how much time and billing has occurred on each matter and easily find the information I need); Time keeping, invoicing, secured email, email drop (to easily put emails into client matters in Clio and free up inbox space, ) and DOCUMENT TEMPLATES with Custom Fields -- I have automated my engagement letter, a basic client letter, will forms, POAs, etc. It saves so much time. To write a letter and not have to look up an address or block/copy it is so nice. You generate the document and edit to start typing the body right away. It requires work on the front end but in the end it is worth it. Also, the customer service being one click on a chat icon away is great. They are so friendly and talked me through invoicing each month for the first few months.

Cons

The customer service and training videos are great but sometimes it feels like an Easter egg hunt to find out what all it can do. I spent the first 8 months just keeping time and doing invoicing. I knew it did other things but wasn't sure what and how. Once I started digging around I have been amazed at what all I have found. It has saved so much time and made things for a solo attorney so much easier. I am sold.

Jonathan S.

Reviewed on 29/03/2017

Really great!

My firm has been using Clio for just under 4 years. I have watched Clio grow a great deal in that amount of time. I am very pleased that Clio has regularly updated its service and added new features. Although the changeover was a challenge (what software migration isn't?), everyone in my firm now uses Clio quite happily. Of course, there are always things that I would like to see improved, but I have no major gripes. Reporting options could be more robust. It would be nice to see some sort of feature that would help to avoid duplication of contacts (a common problem for us). It is also disappointing that Clio chose to tier its services such that we no longer have access to all of the features. We would have to pay more to get access to all of the features, which we have deemed not worth the investment at this time. I can't say enough good things about their customer support. They have always been quick to answer and are ready to help us with any problems we have had. Fortunately, once we got everything converted over, the issues or questions we have had since then have been few and far between. In my opinion, Clio should be on everyone's short list for a web-based practice management system!

Pros

The features that are offered by Clio are second to none. The system is easy to use. The interface is nicely designed. They offer mobile applications, which I use frequently. Can handle firms of any size.

Cons

I would like to see Clio offer more reporting options. Clio doesn't have an attorney-centric view. It would be nice to have Clio "lock in" on the fact that I always want to see reports, bills, etc. for only my matters. I don't ever need to see matters, reports, bills, etc. that don't belong to me.

Douglas B.

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Don't do it without Clio

Pros

Clio is the best practice management system out there. It will allow you and your team to be productive and efficient from wherever you practice - at home, in the office, or out of a hotel room while you're taking depositions in another state. It has all the features you need for a successful and robust practice.

Cons

Document management continues to get better but still lags behind other document management platforms like Box or Dropbox. That's okay though because Clio integrates with other technologies and platforms so that you can continue to use the ones you like and still work seamlessly within Clio.

Ben P.

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

Clio is a very good practice management platform

I like Clio for what it does, and there are user based improvements rolled out regularly. It has integration capabilities with plenty of other business apps. I use two integration apps, one for email capture, document storage and it integrates with my estate planning software.

Pros

I like the cloud based cross-platform capability to access client, matter & calendar info

Cons

Cloud based has hiccups where I cannot access info. It has happened to me twice in a year and a half of use.

Abacus Private Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Clio

cost was the primary reason I switched to Clio. Abacus was cost prohibitive to me to go cloud based for my practice management software.

AbacusLaw

Reasons for Switching to Clio

An attorney friend recommended the product and I used the trial period and the app met my needs.
Benjamin P.

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

Most advanced , user friendly software

Billing , organizing the calendar , and tracking aspects of different matters has become a breeze with Clio. Everything you need at your fingertips.

Pros

Ease of use, and integration with other products and plugins makes this the most powerful and easy to use products out there.

Cons

The one function of removing related calendar events when closing out a matter is one of the most requested and most wanted features, yet seems to be nowhere in sight

Reasons for Choosing Clio

Overall Clio provided more features and a more user friendly interface.

Reasons for Switching to Clio

Overall Clio provided more features and a more user friendly interface.
Megan C.

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Long time Clio Manage and Clio Grow Enthusiast

Clio is a very robust and complete practice management tool - we have continually expanded our use of the product as our team has grown and new features have been introduced. We are committed to the product after 7 years and can't imagine switching.

Pros

1) The software is extremely intuitive - I've used 3 different practice management platforms and found this the most intuitive.
2) Feature rich in the sense of file data, allowing the extremely important congregation of information which all team members can access and organize.
3) As a market leader, the number of companies building integrations is large and growing every day.
4) The company is continually building out new features
5) The company is committed to supporting it's customer's business and being a thought leader in innovation in our space, beyond simply their product.

Cons

1) A year in to Clio Grow acquisition, the two products are still operating completely independently - would like to have assurance that the products will become one at some point.
2) More transparency on feature build - it can be a time waste/ cost to implement a different 3rd party solution if Clio is already building that feature for future release.
3) Client portal is not great and not customizable at all.

James V.

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

Absolute game-changer for solo practice.

An example is the best testimony. September was our most productive and largest revenue month since opening. My wife and I, with no staff, finalized September billing, printed pre-bills, entered corrections, and issued final bills on our own in under 90 minutes. All on the first day of October. And, because of Clio's integration with LawPay, three clients even paid their bill within an hour.

Clio has allowed me to fulfill my dream of running a small solo practice. It eliminates the need for extra office staff so that my wife and I can run this operation on our own with just one paralegal. We would not be able to do so without Clio.

Pros

The online payment system is superb. The ability to accept online payments was an issue that actually delayed me going solo. Only to find out that Clio integrates absolutely seamlessly with LawPay and I don't even have to worry about the variety of rules surrounding storage of client credit card info, etc. because I never actually touch that info. I don't even have to log payments. When a client pays with a credit card, I do literally nothing. LawPay accepts the payment, and Clio automatically applies it to the client's oldest invoice, etc. This one issue that created the most questions for me turned out to be the absolute simplest part of my practice management.

Cons

I wish the invoices had a widow/orphan feature. It's very common for the second page of an invoice to have just a single word or line. It's a very minor issue, though.

Elizabeth H.

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

Essential and Easy to Use

Pros

Clio integrates with Google calendar, Xero (my accounting software), LayPay (my credit card payment service), Broadly (my client satisfaction tool), and many other cloud computing and business management software. This integration makes running the business side of my practice much easier.

The timekeeping options and easy entry help capture time that is otherwise easily lost. With the updated mobile app, I can enter time anywhere I have my phone. The service pays for itself by helping keep this time from being lost.

Cons

While I enjoy the business goal setting and tracking features, your personal goal can only be set and measured by billable hours.

Joanna D.

Reviewed on 07/04/2017

Clio Brings Me Peace Of Mind

When one is a solo practitioner, there never seems to be enough time in the day to both practice law and manage the day-to-day operations of the business. In addition to the role of lawyer, I also wear the hats of accountant, human resources manager, marketing professional, IT manager, and the go-to person in charge of handling all problems. Clio makes my job(s) much easier by ensuring that I've got practice management covered. Initially moving to the cloud with Clio was much easier than expected, and any questions I had were quickly and efficiently answered by Clio's excellent customer support department. I love learning on my own time, at my own pace, and Clio has a plethora of on-demand training webinars for beginning users which enabled me to quickly get up to speed. The data entry process for both financial transactions and time/cost entries is simple and quick, and there is a wide range of reporting options available to the user. I love having the ability to add extra functionality by integrating with other service applications made available by Clio partners think Dropbox and Fastcase. Further, Clio's mobile app fits in perfectly with my busy lifestyle! If you are deciding on a practice management solution for your law firm, make sure to give Clio a trial run so you can experience its many advantages for yourself.

Pros

Ease of use - even non-tech savvy individuals pick it up quickly.

Cons

I wish it had full accounting capabilities.

Karl C.

Reviewed on 22/04/2017

Worklife Balance with Mobility

I signed up for CLIO back in 2011. I had recently left an in-house counsel job where I had over 17 years of transactional experience and entering into private practice. I had no clue of practice management software, but needed the best value and an intuitively easy system to grasp, as I had to also balance learning about the "practice" of law. CLIO was so easy to use and build upon. Additionally, through the years, CLIO partnered with many other providers that CLIO serves as the foundation for my practice and the integration of other services makes CLIO undeniably an innovator. I can literally practice with true Mobility and my clients have been able to easily rely on accessing CLIO for document review, payments into trusts or operating accounts. Tracking time, research and phone calls have also become seamless. I count on CLIO as the total practice management tool. Trust accounting ledgers are easy to create by just a few clicks of the mouse. CLIO truly gives lawyers and legal staff freedom to perform client related services from their tablet and smartphone. It has enhanced my staff's performance and permitted me to implement tele work benefits as a result. I am more than happy to talk to anyone who has an interest in implementing a reliable, functional tool such as CLIO to regain or maintain control of their practice.

Pros

Ease of use, accessibility, reliability and functionality.

Cons

Accounting

Cassandra M.

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Product is good but allows for user created frustration

overall good, but I feel there's got to be a better system out there that provides superior organization. Like guided organization of some kind.

Pros

It's accessible at home or the office, it's generally easy to navigate, and it creates a central location for all of my documents.

Cons

It allows for user error, and user created disorganization. For instance, searching for a document in clio is only as good as the person who imputed the document. There's no uniform system; that's left to the business to create. For example, my company has 3 office locations that all use Clio, and I love that we can access each other's files, however, each secretary labels and imputes documents differently. So, when I'm searching for a document it's almost impossible to find, unless I know what they labeled the document as. Searching for documents in Clio is a HUGE part of my day, and wastes a lot of time. Now, the business could create a uniform system and have the secretary's across all three offices label certain items certain ways, but that's just not happening. It would be really amazing if the software could create some kind of organization, or uniform system so that I can find documents easier. I have no idea what that would look like.

Response from Clio

Thank you for the feedback, Cassandra! We've submitted your review to the Product Team, who may want to reach out for further context on how they can help enable organization within the software.

Replied 24/09/2019
Stephanie U.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017

CLIO is a great program

What I like most about CLIO is that it is constantly evolving and getting better. Every time I have run into an issue, whether it's something that I just don't know how to do, or an issue that I think needs fixing or something that I think needs to be added to make the program be even better, the CLIO support team has always been right there, ready & willing to help. They are the friendliest team ever and are super quick to respond to issues and they even let me know that sometimes my ideas are shared by other customers and have been added to the list of things to be discussed by the team to hopefully be added to CLIO in the near future. At first CLIO seemed overwhelming, but after 3.5 years, me and my boss are still coming across features that are new to us all the time. I tell everyone about CLIO, especially other local attorneys.

Pros

The Support Team is the best. I love that I can use it for keeping track of clients, matters, notes, and billing all in one place. I also like all of the reports that I can run off for our CPA.

Cons

The "back" button on some of the tabs, especially under Bills doesn't take you back only one screen. I also wish that CLIO had a true accounting feature.