About Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365, formerly Office 365, is a suite of office collaboration and productivity applications. The software encompasses modules that enables the use of Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based solutions such as Skype,...

Browse Microsoft 365 Reviews

13,080 of 13,079 reviews
Zied
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 09/01/2020

Simply the best office suite

As a team manager and project manager, I do my everyday tasks with Office 365.
Teams is the best teamwork software in the market. It is complete and you can do a lot of things in the same software (Chat, work on files, have meetings, organize meetings, integrate other softwares such as Trello for example).
Word, PowerPoint and Excel, used by everyone in every company, are the most advanced and complete softwares in the market.

Pros

Office 365 is complete. All the softwares supplied by Office 365 helps everyday doing the hundred of tasks.
Word, PowerPoint and Excel are the best softwares in the market today, against Google GSuite.
Excel is a very powerful tool for tables, dynamic tables and calculation.
Microsoft Teams is the daily software you will use to organize your team work : Shared files, grouped discussion, meeting and conferences, ...
Office is made for very small, small, big and very big companies. It is easy to works with customers, suppliers if you have Office because most of the companies uses Office.

Cons

Sometimes two softwares can do the same task. It can be difficult to understand which software to use.
For example, to work and shared files, you can do it with OneDrive and Teams.
An explanation of the softwares and what they do could be interesting for users.

Google Workspace, Slack and LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Office is the most complete and advanced softwares. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are much more better than GSuite and Libre Office. Microsoft Teams is better than Slack. It integrates well with Windows 10. You have only one Password for your laptop and all your office apps. It is easy to work with other companies (Suppliers, Customers) when they have Office. All the other softwares are compatible with Office.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Using Microsoft 365 as a Student

As a postgrad student, I have been using Microsoft 365 for the past few months and overall, my experience has been mixed. On one hand, the suite of apps including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, have been incredibly useful for creating, editing and sharing all my academic documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Additionally, the cloud-based feature allows me to access and work on my files from any device, which is particularly helpful when working on group projects and collaborating with my peers.However, I have also encountered some downsides to using the software. Firstly, the cost of the subscription can be quite high. Secondly, the learning curve associated with using the software can be steep and it took me some time to become proficient in using all the features. Additionally, I have encountered some compatibility issues with older or non-Microsoft software which has been disruptive to my workflow. Another point to consider is the privacy and security of my data when using cloud-based software like Microsoft 365, especially when dealing with sensitive information.

Pros

As a postgrad student, I have found Microsoft 365 to be an essential tool in my studies. The suite of apps, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, have allowed me to easily create, edit and share all my documents, spreadsheets and presentations. The cloud-based feature of the software means I can access and work on my files from any device, which is particularly useful when working on group projects and collaborating with my peers.I also appreciate the built-in security features, such as two-factor authentication and data encryption, that help to keep my work and personal information safe. The integration with other Microsoft apps such as Teams and OneDrive allows me to easily communicate and collaborate with my classmates and professors, which has been incredibly helpful in my online classes.One of my favorite features of Microsoft 365 is the ability to use AI-powered writing and research tools, such as Researcher and Editor, that make it easier to find and cite sources, improve grammar and sentence structure, and generally help me to write better papers.Overall, I highly recommend Microsoft 365 to any postgrad student looking to improve their productivity and organization while studying. The suite of apps and features available in this package are incredibly helpful and make studying easier and more efficient.

Cons

Cost: One negative point for using Microsoft 365 as a postgrad student is the cost. The subscription fee for the software can be expensive, especially for students on a tight budget.Learning Curve: Another negative point is the learning curve associated with using the software. The suite of apps can be complex, and it may take some time to become proficient in using all the features.

Bruna

Reviewed on 09/12/2022

Ways to get better!

Pros

I like how easy is to integrate all Microsoft apps and make them communicate with each other. Good software with good functionalities, but need a review, like word.

Cons

I hate the UX! Hate how uncolored and how I cannot personalize anything. Word definitively needs a review. It's out of data. Powerpoint is good, but not so easy to new users.

Top Microsoft 365 Alternatives

Sandra

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

Performed well consistently -- with a high price.

I would describe my overall expierence as a win.
Microsoft 365 has been implemented and performed well consistently over an extended period of time. Everyone with Microsoft 365 can work collectively and more productively. The mobile apps benefit our caregivers in the field so long as they're able to be online.
I do have complaints. The high priced subscription is a con and I don't believe it's necessary.
Microsoft does offer discounts for military and students to apply to a personal or family subscription.
The online video chat within teams was a poor experience, as were the email and calendar.
I should mention that I am currently testing a new solution and I may implement it permanently if it continues to go well.
Problems solved using Microsoft 365: The need to manage multiple components within one solution. The need to have security and trustworthy company.

Pros

- Trustworthy company.
- Freedom to use and sync multiple devices. Freedom to use worldwide.
- Manage multiple components.
- Outlook, Word, OneNote, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams.
- Create some content offline. View some content offline.
- High security level.
- Freedom to use within Windows, Mac, and Android devices or use web-based.

Cons

- High priced subscription needed.
- Poor email experience from Outlook.
- Poor offline access.
- Formatting and integration troubles.
- Not practical -- learning to use takes an extended period of time.
- Poor online chat and video chat.

Google Workspace and SoftMaker Office

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Because of missing features.

SoftMaker Office

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Because Microsoft 365 is the top performing office suite.
Ashfaq
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Review of Microsoft 365

Wide range of tools for users to manage their work and collaborate with colleagues. Reliable and user-friendly platform that is easy to navigate. Additionally, its security features, such as data encryption and multi-factor authentication, provide added protection for user's data. Overall, Microsoft 365 is a powerful productivity suite that can be a valuable tool for businesses and individuals.

Pros

Pros of Microsoft 365:-Provides a wide range of productivity tools, including email, calendar, word processing, and spreadsheet software-Has strong security features, such as data encryption and multi-factor authentication-Offers collaboration tools, such as SharePoint and Teams, for working with colleagues and sharing files-Has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate-Can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection-Monthly or annual subscription options allow flexibility in pricing

Cons

-Requires a reliable internet connection to work effectively-Subscription cost can be expensive, especially for small businesses or individual users-Some features, such as advanced analytics and data visualization, may be limited compared to other platforms-Some users may experience compatibility issues with certain file formats.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 05/01/2023

The necessary Business Software that you need.

We have had great experience using Microsoft 365. The benefit of the software is that not only can we get our own business files completed, but if our customers send us files in Word or Excel we can open them right away to view them. No additional downloads are needed.

Pros

The most impactful use of this software is that it contained the full Microsoft Office bundle in 365. We even go to the capacity of using Google Drive documents and can still open them with Word or Excel easily.

Cons

The process that could be improved upon is the setup function. We had issues getting multiple users to get the download file to work on each employees work station. After about a day of emails it got figured out and everyone is up and running.

Victoria

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Works well with other tools

Pros

The thing I love the most is that we can use various Microsoft 365 components, such as Office 365, Dynamics 365, and more. Excitingly, all these extra components are included in the monthly plan.On top of that, you can install programs or add-ons that support those services individually if desired. This makes Microsoft 365 efficient for even small businesses.Finally, there are regular updates, which keeps your data safe and secure.

Cons

It's expensive if you do not intend to use all the components.

Donatien
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

Magnetic tool to manage your complex projects in an agile way in real time

Ergonomic and intuitive interfaces to guide the user's choices with the ability to manage projects efficiently without much hassle like professionals.

Pros

Agree with the system in general, project management, task management and using word, excel and so many others without many formulas.

Cons

There is no possibility of interoperability of applications with other tools, which is a problem in the current era. Only converting to the desired format should be integrated.

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

My experience as a user of more than 2 years

Overall my experience is more than satisfactory with respect to these years, as it allows me to work anywhere and on any device. It is very practical.

Pros

For me is how complete it is, since it has everything you need for office automation to be able to perform any activity. At the same time its ease of use allows a greater fluidity of work.

Cons

If you do not have a more than stable Internet service, the system may feel slow at certain times.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

an essential work tool to increase productivity

the only negative point is the price which is quite expensive, but I recommend.

Pros

I use Microsoft 365 because it allows me to work optimally by taking advantage of Office software as well as online file sharing and storage.

Cons

I don't see any disadvantages on the Microsoft 365 software, thanks to its accessible features, I can easily exchange my data between applications, in order to improve my workflow and increase productivity.

Marco

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

A connected world at my service, online and offline

It took some time to fully understand how to create the working environment you aim too. I should suggest a three step approach: 1)Prioritize your needs between storage and communication. Define minimal objectives on both (eg: use email and connect through teams) 2) Understand what is available out of the box in both storage and communication. Empower a group of users on both. 3) start adding more features vertically (eg: add groups and channels in teams. Control storage of the group. Give rights to invite others)

Pros

Integration, coherence and great ability to cope with plenty of scenarios. Some applications are best of class, others are the current state of the art. It is a must have. A company, with the right support, can build on top of it its new processes for the 21st century company. It is also more than just an environment: plenty of tools to automate, customize and creation of new custom features, thanks to the super rich environment supplied by Azure and its services.

Cons

Availability of so many features position the tool as complex to manage and even learn. It requires knowledge and time to get to work at best. The offering becomes complex for small organizations. Requires customization that a small company has difficulty in create alone, even if the tool is rich of configuration possibilities.
It is crucial to be supported by a knowledgeable Microsoft partner to really get the best from it.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

need to sync different workstations, to add organization and communication with the rest of the team, to organize different environments for different businesses in a coherent fashion. The best in class communication features of Microsott teams and the integrated experience of the whole tools made the difference.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Microsoft is the definitive leader in the cloud office segment. It has formulate a vision and all the offering is coherent with this vision. You can really design the fabric of your business in Microsoft 365 and evolve it mapping most of your requests in its services. The integration with Azure services gives you great ability to innovate and create innovative solutions
Tere'e

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Office 365 - You don't have it yet?

Overall, I've enjoyed my experience with Microsoft 365. Given, the current pandemic crisis, Office 365 - Teams has been an integral tool when providing IT support. There are so many unknowns when providing IT support to users from the devices, ISPs, and/or user's tech knowledge, Teams has made IT support that much easier.

I like that nearly all apps can be accessed via a web version so that users can pick up where they left off without missing a beat.

Pros

Professional Use: Office 365 is the best Office to-date. Office 365 allows users an all inclusive experience with its intelligent available app integrations. Teams has been an integral tool with nearly all users working from home. Teams allows for communication and collaboration between users and clients. I like that the software is automatically updated and not necessary added in the Windows updates.

Personal Use: I've had an Office 365 for over 3 years. I'm able to share the subscription with up-to 4 more individuals. I'm able to access all my files on the go with my mobile phone. I like that I can have critical information at my finger tips. To-date I've not experienced any degraded experience or service outage.

Cons

So far we have not ran into any minor or major issues with using Office 365. I think Microsoft has mastered the it's productivity tools for both the professional and personal user.

RingCentral MVP and Fuze

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Initially we considered Office 365 due to running 2 versions of Office 2010 STD/PRO. Then we experienced service consistency issues with our former VOIP provider, which intern affected collaborations between users and clients. Office 365 offered the same services as the VOIP provider, but with lots more to offer. We made the switch to Office 365 the pricing was comparable to our former VOIP provider. Office 365 offered collaborative tools plus its foundation of productivity tools. The familiarity of Office made it easy for users to adapt and adopt.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

We chose Office 365 over other alternatives because of reliability, pricing, included apps/features, ease of use, and service support. We were also attracted to the seemingly endless capabilities Office 365 tools and apps offered.
Stefanos

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Microsoft 365 review

Being part of technical teams which have designed, planned, deployed and tested Microsoft 365 solutions for clients around the world, I am confident that Microsoft 365 suite of products, services and tools is the most comprehensive and reliable online collaboration and Office productivity system available.

Pros

I enjoy Microsoft 365 versatility and the multitude of features it offers to its users. It is very easy to deploy online in the Microsoft Cloud and is very intuitive and easy to use by even users with zero computer literacy. Microsoft 365 Apps are stable, constantly updated via Microsoft Update, as part of the pay per user per month model. Also Microsoft offers the capability to end users to install and activate the Microsoft 365 Apps to a maximum of five (5) endpoints.

Cons

In some cases there could be incompatibilities when opening and editing a document or spreadsheet which was created in Libre Office or Open Office. Also there can be incompatibilities when opening an old version of MS Word, Excel or Access files, which were created in previous versions of MS Office.

Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 is by far the most productive, flexible and extensible Cloud-based suite of Office productivity tools available. It has the most features and is well-tested and mature.

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Microsoft Office is a Standard for Almost Everyone

Pros

I have been using the Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for over 20 years now. I can't imagine my life without these essential pieces of software. I especially use Excel and PowerPoint on a daily basis with my job. Almost any office job you apply to will require or recommend that you know these.
Excel is one of the most useful tools for so many different tasks. I use it almost as a project management software to keep track of the progress of our construction jobs and what records have been sent by all of the sub-contractors. It is incredible what you can do with Excel if you learn how to use all of the formulas and functions built into it. Excel is pretty much a standard for other software to allow integration.
I used to give a lot of presentations in college and in my sales career. PowerPoint is very simple to learn and use for this. The ability to copy, paste, adjust and resize images is a very simple straightforward process within the program. I have set up some pretty intense animations within my slides as well. Once you learn how the animations work you can essentially animate your presentation.
I am using Microsoft Word right now typing up this review. I am unsure how anybody can go without using word in their lifetime. I am unaware of anything that even comes close to equivalent to Word. This is one of the most basic and fundamental software that everyone should know in life.

Cons

It is hard to say anything wrong with Microsoft Office. The only improvements that would be nice to see is price and a more advanced grammar system within Word. You can't really go without Microsoft office and it would be nice to see the price lowered and easier for everyone to have on their personal and professional computes. A more advanced grammar system in Word with be useful. It could be a feature you were able to turn on and off. I use Grammarly and I would stop using it if Word had something equivalent built in.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

“Cloud based with the backing of massive MS network”

as of now, O-365 is a next generation solution. Apart from the doubts over security, we have the advantages stated above. The best benefit is the saving on expensive hardware, storage space, energy costs and maintenance. In fact as all the software maintenance is done by Microsoft, we get better solutions from experts at no extra costs. You don’t need to have any additional storage gadgets, as everything is on the cloud.
Depending on the purpose and the number of users, this system a scalable.
Although there are question marks over cloud applications, Microsoft has done their best to adopt highest possible defenses against threats and is continuously engaged in improvements.

Pros

The first thing that reminds me about O-365 is that it’s on the cloud. As we are still in an infant stage of cloud tech, there are both pros and negatives, but definitely in time, technology will improve to a stage, you can expect anything. Let’s assume there’s not going to be a jailbreak.
Having said that, there certainly are pros in the current scenario. You are on the cloud means you are armed with some godly powers. No servers ‘on premises’, no ‘restricted’ storage areas for servers, no maintenance costs and you have the freedom of mobility. You or your team can access O-365 anywhere on planet Earth if there is internet. One other notable advantage being on cloud is the safety against loss of data. The safety of your data if stored in an ‘on prem’ system is vulnerable to various hazards and would be lost if not backed up in a remote server. No capital investment on expensive servers, you can obtain the services for a monthly or annual subscription per user basis and the user have the ability to install O-365 up to 05 devices. Though you need subscriptions on certain advanced features, you can opt out additional services when you don’t need. When it comes to features in office tools, I doubts if there would be any more requirements to run general office matters. All MS office applications are designed with almost all features required with the experience gained during a long journey.
The system gets updated frequently and you can enjoy the benefits.

Cons

as a general rule, cloud based applications could be more vulnerable for security breaches than an ‘on-premise’ system. Certain online feature in Word, Excel has limitations compared to your own installation.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

Seven year user of Office 365 & Microsoft 365

Overall we are pleased with MS 365 and it is an important tool for us. Many of our clients do not use Google tools, especially outside the US (or often even in the US). It is not an inconvenience for us to use both Google and MS tools. We use them situationally and depending on client preferences. MS 365 is a quality product overall with some downsides, no different than alternatives.

Pros

With the improvement of synchronous collaboration and autosave features Microsoft 365 has made rapid gains on Google Suite (Google Workspace). We use both Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace. Microsoft 365 is our go-to tool when we need more rich features and functionality, especially for spreadsheets. Google Sheets is still far behind the capability of MS Excel.
Note, that when accessing Microsoft 365 via the web interface (more like the Google experience) the features of 365 on the web are much fewer than when using the desktop app.

Cons

Our users are all on macOS, and these comments apply to that OS, not Windows. Some features are still missing and subpar in the macOS versions of Microsoft 365 (access via the apps). And the web version of MS 365 tools are much more limited than the apps. However, when using the apps on your laptop or desktop MS365 does manage collaboration and autosaving well—but you must use MS OneDrive for storing your files for that to work at all, which is a downside if you prefer different cloud storage.
Also, the macOS apps are very CPU and RAM hungry even relative to newer model Macbooks.

Google Workspace
sameer

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Office 365- The ultimate software package that manages all day to day work related tasks.

My overall experience with Office 365 products has been really amazing. I can assure that for me these products are the real work companions who help me manage my teams and work in very fast and effective manner . I cannot imagine my laoptop without these products and without these it would be really impossible for me to manage such large data and teams. A big shoutout to Microsoft for all that they do!

Pros

Well, as it is a bunch of softwares including excel, PPT, Word, onenote, outlook, teams, skype etc. I specifically use the above mentioned softwares on a day to day basis and each one has there own set of unique advatages and functionality that the others don't have. But I were to generalize, I would say that the seamlessness, smoothness and the cutting edge technology with which all these applications work is the part is like the most about these softwares. For example, data handling and data comparison with formulaes like Vlookup, Hlookup are the best and most unique features that only Excel provides.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about the Office products is the sudden shutdown of these applications whenever we have opening a bit heavy files on these softwares. Once, they show the sign of "Not Responding" , I just prepare for loosing my 2-3 hours of heard work since in sudden crash, these softwares are at times not able to retain the work done in last few hours (though once in a blue moon they are able to recover but most of the times they don't). On the communication side, one feature of skype for business that I like the least is that once the laptop is started it takes quite a lot of time to connect to the server as compared to other similar products available in the market and thus at times wastes some time of the end user who wants to chat to someone on an urgent basis. Last but not the least, some work could be done for sure to make the GUI of teams a bit user friendly since for me it was quite difficult and i took some time to understand its features and functionalities.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

All the applications any organisation needed for daily use in one platform.

In the initial stage, we started using O365 globally with Skype for Business and Sharepoint Online only but after sometimes we realized that it comes with multiple other applications such as Exchange, Mobile Device Management ( Intune), Azure Active Directory and other office applications (Excel, word, etc). So little by little, we are planning to use 100% of O365 features.

At the moment we are using Skype For business and MS Teams as our main Video/Audio conference platform. Before we migrate to SFB we were using third-party vendor platform for audio calls which we paid based on the minutes and number of participants and after we migrate to O365 with Skype for Business this is only license cost per user and no additional charges, This saved a lot of money to Organization.

Sharepoint online also we are using to share documents and updates within the organization and within our business partners and customers.

Microsoft Intune we are using to manage our co-operate owned devices globally ( IOS & Android ).

Pros

Easy to access from anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection.
Possible of access online and edit or change any documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Can access from any device to your account.
Skype for Business or MS Teams can use as a Video/Audio Conference tool.
O365 comes with Microsoft Intune which helps to manage your organization's mobiles and Portable devices( ex.IPADs).
Sharepoint Online helps you to create own Website to share documents, updates, etc within an organization or with external parties.
O365 is one of the greatest solution provided by Microsoft for any Organization which will cover at least 80% of the most needed applications in one platform.( Based on the licenses you purchased.)

Cons

Microsoft Intune limitation to setup Emails on an Android platform using a Fully managed profile when you have a none third party exchange platform that is not connected to Exchange Online.
Only "Gmail" and "Ninework" works with Intune Android emails.
New Sharepoint Online some features complex compared to the previous version for users who used to the previous version.

Kevin
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 25/12/2020

From Box to Cloud: Make the Transition - It's Worth It

Creating and editing documents in MS Office is core to many, including myself. Microsoft 365 just fills in the gaps to make Microsoft Office that much more powerful with extra features to make work even more efficient and less stressful. Focus on the work, not maintaining your applications.

Pros

The comprehensive feature set is the most compelling aspect of Microsoft 365. The out-of-the-box version is fine, but having all the features that come with Microsoft 365 cannot be beat. Continuous updates rather than the version purchased becoming obsolete is helpful. The power punch is the 1TB document storage PER USER that comes with a subscription (removing the cost of a separate Dropbox subscription). And having access to MS 365 from any device or platform is absolutely wonderful. I live by Microsoft Office, and Microsoft 365 just made it better from a cost and management perspective.

Cons

The only con that I can think of really isn't a con, but a limitation of being human. As with many applications (let alone suites like Microsoft 365), you only use a small amount of the available features and functions. What helps is that you only need to use what applications and features you want or need. Whatever amount you use is still worth the subscription price.

Supun

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Office 365 - The online Office Package

Larger part out of the whole world population has a considerable internet connection today. Therefore we can use this platform at anytime, anywhere in the world. We can log into our account and continue our works at any time. I recommend this platform for any type of office or educational places such as universities and schools. Team work is improved with the features included in the platform. Also this package makes our works easier. Using one ‘Teams’ we can chat, share documents, media files etc. PC storage does not run out for software installation since this is a fully cloud based service. Mostly useful in emergency times such as if we want to change or delete a slide in a Powerpoint presentation in a minute using a computer without office package, we can use this platform. If you have a good internet connection, Office 365 will be a good opportunity to you or your office, workplace or school.

Pros

Office 365 is a platform developed by Microsoft to introduce a new trend of an office package. This is totally based on internet and no any software needed to download and install. That is the most important advantage of Office 365 platform. The only thing we need is a computer or a smartphone with a web browser and internet connection. In this platform we have the access to many of the software included in a normal Microsoft Office package such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access etc. Office 365 was really helped me in immediate occasions where I do not have time to download, install and use some software. Best feature in Office 365 package is ‘Teams’ package. All my friends including me, signed in to Teams as an engineering batch and all of our lecturers also joined to it. This makes our academic works easier and efficient. Lecturers upload their lecture notes to Teams. Then all of us (Students registered in Teams) can download and refer them. Also we do online assignments, quizzes through Office 365 platform. Another great thing is the One Drive online storage given by platform freely with the open of an account.

Cons

We cannot use Office 365 without an internet connection. This is the major problem arise if we are living in a rural area without good internet connection. Though Office 365 included with many wonderful features, they are not useful if you do not have an internet connection. Also Office 365 takes much time to load. Especially the Teams package take considerable time to load and it spend big amount of our data package. All the features included in a normal Microsoft Office package are not included in Office 365. We cannot use it to do complex works that we doing using normal Office package. Sometimes little bugs can be seen in Teams package. We need a Microsoft account to use Office 365. Without Microsoft account we cannot work in Office 365 and we have to sign in to our account every time before we use the package.

Carlos J.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

A complete set of extremely useful programs for work or home

Excel is what I use the most, and for me it is more than a spreadsheet creating tool, is a mathematical, drawing, statistical, and many more things tool.
Besides of using WORD as my document redaction tool to generate documentation for my projects, I also use it whenever I need to check a text redaction for written messages to be sent by e-mail or other text apps since I normally get better grammar suggestions with it.

Pros

I will mention a few of these programs to make a reference:
WORD offers probably the largest selection of font types on text managing apps. The panel control at the top (Ribbon) is very intuitive and consistent with all MS office tools, you get familiar with it quickly, and also adding numbering, bullets, or other visual helps to improve your document’s look is really easy, just highlight the paragraph you are working on, right-click on it and a mini-toolbar will appear so you can select what you need to edit, format, or add. In case of any grammar or typing errors are made, the program has a “real-time” spelling check that suggests spelling and grammar corrections, so your work can have the quality you need.
EXCEL is my workhorse, I use it to create tables, make calculations, generate graphs, and also make small programing routines. You could even create your own mini-ERP with this app.
POWERPOINT is the data show presentation tool by excellence, you can download multiple templates on line, and interact with it by activating the highlighter and pen features to write on top of your presentation.

Cons

On WORD Sometimes placing inserted images into your text becomes a little tricky, but with a little practice they end up in the right spot.
On EXCEL I have experienced some lag between the time you move your cursor in the cells, and when it actually moves, I guess we may be working on-line without knowing it :)

• Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Office 365 provides value and lowers the cost of email ownership

I have been a user of Office 365 both personally and professionally since the product's early days. I have migrated email from on-premise Exchange servers, Google Suite, and ISP Pop accounts to Office 365. Early on I used 3rd party tools for the migrations. Office 365 now offers (for a little while now) the ability to migrate with no costs (such as using a 3rd party app) and utilizes Azure storage to get the job done. Office 365 is feature rich and truly offers a lower cost of ownership.

Pros

Tight integration with Microsoft Outlook (unlike other email platforms). This is most noticeable with contacts and calendars, including sharing. The subscription-based model allows for easy updates to the latest Office software while being able to control if those updates should be deployed at all. This helps to keep all users on the same version without the concern of having to buy upgrade licenses and perform a traditional software rollout. The ability to save directly to OneDrive and/or Sharepoint with applications such as Word or Excel is extremely valuable and is a great solution for small organizations that have no local central storage or tend to save items directly on their own PCs. Email accessability is simple via web, mobile, and desktop. Storage space is sufficient and can be expanded easily (for an additional cost). Tenant management is very easy to use and navigate - most areas are very self-explanatory (help is easily accessible as well).

Cons

Office 365 has matured quite well. Early on, tenant management was a little clunky and over time features have been added. A wish-list item would be wider acceptance for OneDrive integration with 3rd party apps - similar to DropBox.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Office 365 Review

Overall, cloud technology is appreciated from a convenience perspective. Also, constant updates provide smooth operating experience. This comes at a cost though. I've also found the web based apps to be less streamlined than the desktop apps. Overall, the shift to a subscription based model was not a necessary shift by Microsoft for the consumer. More of a move that benefits Microsoft. That said, product is still robust and well produced and supported.

Pros

Accessibility is the biggest asset of Office 365 for the user. The ability to use a computer as a platform to reach the cloud allows for interchangeability and access from anywhere. Having less desktop applications has allowed me to cycle through our corporate computers seamlessly as no data is actually stored in my hard drive (3 computers 3 years.) The mail app also runs smoother in the web browser when you are sharing calendars. This function used to consistently crash our computers when sharing a calendar on the Outlook Desktop Application.

Cons

Overall, I like Office 365 much less than I like my Windows Desktop Application Suite. Specifically, there is less functionality in the web based apps. I like several windows open in Outlook which is easier accomplished within the desktop app. I also do a lot of work without access to WiFi. Desktop Apps allow you to at least create content which can then be shared upon access to internet. Our office internet is also very slow and unreliable. We try and reduce the amount of reliance on web pages. I think it will be hard to ever have the full functionality that a desktop app has, but this is a good temporary solution to access your email or word docs on the move.

Pricing - Office 365 is now subscription based. You used to be able to buy a license and only pay again when you wanted to upgrade. Now you get constant upgrades, but this comes at a cost.

Thomas

Reviewed on 25/04/2022

Why I don't mind subscribing to Office

For my personal tasks, hobbies, and file storage and archiving, I needed a reliable solution. I mostly compared GSuite and Microsoft 365. Ultimately, my familiarity with the Office ecosystem and the lack of dedicated desktop applications was what drove me to the Microsoft product. I don't see that decision changing any time soon.

Pros

I've been an Office user since Office 97, and the productivity suite truly does just get better with each iteration. I have tried switching to GSuite and other online-first products, but for my workflow the desktop versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and OneNote are irreplaceable. I do use the web versions of Office 365 as well at times, and they work quite well, especially if I just need to open and print a document or make a quick edit to something. Their ease-of-use is at least as good if not better than GSuite, which is the primary competitor. Going with the subscription model, I am able to keep my Office up-to-date without needing to purchase and go through more significant upgrades every few years. It's just there!

Cons

While I love the feature completeness of 365 software, it is rather heavy. I acknowledge that not everyone needs everything that is offered, however the web versions provide 99% of the most-necessary functionality, which is awesome! 1TB of storage coming by default is great, however it isn't the large storage quantity that it once was. It would be great if storage tiers could scale with how much data the average person generates today, rather than 5 years ago when it was likely decided on.

Jenny
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Great for collaborations!

Overall, my experience with Microsoft 365 has been a positive experience. I rarely had any issues and since I am pretty new to my position as a HR Assistant, I had no issues learning how to use the software. With the icons, it was very easy to maneuver around the software. All the documents that were shared are protected and updated when edited. I highly recommend Microsoft 365 for those considering!

Pros

Microsoft 365 offers a variety of platforms ranging from Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel. These are just a few of the platforms that I use almost daily for my job. I love how Microsoft 365 allows the consumer to easily identify which platform they would like to use with a tool bar on the left side. It is very similar to choosing an app on your phone with icons that signify the platform that you would like the utilize. In addition, I also love that they have little features such as Calendar and Task/To-Do. My co-workers and I utilize the Calendar feature to make sure that we know who is on holiday and when to schedule meetings. For the Task/To-Do feature, I like that I am able to type what needs to be done and it will show up on the sidebar. It also allows you to check off the list once something is done, which is cool and neat feature! The software also rarely glitches which is a huge plus, especially during the pandemic. Microsoft 365 allows all my co-workers and I to work efficiently and in an organized manner, which is important in any office and virtual setting.

Cons

If there was a critique I would make about the software, it would be on the Task/To-Do feature. There isn't really an option to mark if it is of high importance or put a due date with a reminder to remind you of the task. Often times, when I do put something (luckily not high importance), I forget and did not realize until I utilize it to input another task. It would be nice to be able to get a reminder, similar to the meeting reminders.