MangoApps Reviews

About MangoApps

MangoApps is a unified employee experience platform that combines intranet, training, teamwork, and content management into a single dashboard and workspace. Our user-friendly, infinitely customizable approach fits into the way...

4.2

Browse MangoApps Reviews

Reinard
Reinard
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Great third party tool that seamlessly does what you wanted to do

While definitely a compliment, TinyTake has become one of those apps I forget about, it's there and I use it, without it taking effort or thought, it has become part of my workflow.

Pros

TinyTake is one of those apps that answers a question, you normally sit in front of your laptop and want to do something, but you aren't sure how and or if you can. When it comes to screen capturing, recording, sharing and editing, TinyTake answers any question you might have around these functions. It has a great set of core functionality that is free to use, and if you wanted to delve deeper into the video side, you can go Premium.

Cons

Nothing has bothered me to this point, and the way I use the software, it hasn't not been able to do something I wanted to do.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review Reinard! We're glad that TinyTake works well for you. It is an honor to know that it has become a natural part of your workflow, thank you for being a value customer! Cheers

Bruce

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

One of the better intranet/portal offerings available. Very powerful.

Ability to spin up mini sites for teams and groups to help them collaborate effectively and quickly. The product is able to support many users, all with different needs and styles, and still be managed by one central team/admin. We could potentially have used lesser products that were cheaper, but they all hit the wall at some point, with some missing feature or capability. We have yet to find a hole in what MangoApps offers that truly caused a problem. In addition, they update the product frequently, and introduce new tools and features all the time.

Pros

While there are a host of similar SaaS offerings in this space, they all seem to fall short in one area or the next. Some capabilities are missing, the feature set is not complete, it has reduced/limited functionality, etc. MangoApps is one of the few that has a refreshingly wide breadth of features and capabilities, combined with admin options for customizing and branding to your needs. When considering a collaborative tool like this, it can only be helpful to you if it has the ability to support all of your needs. MangoApps has that. Projects, Departments, Teams and Groups allow you to tailor the site to your organizational structure. Within each of those, there are tools for managing documents, group sharing/collaborating, managing tasks, calendaring, creating informational and blog pages, social interactions (feeds of discussions, etc), as well as a wide variety of pseudo database-like "trackers" for action items, defect tracking, managing resources, ideas, and so on. And if the stock trackers aren't enough, you can create your own and reuse them. The admin features are powerful and granular, meaning you can control almost every aspect of your site, including visibility, access, branding, configuration and more. User membership is also granular, and includes guest accounts which don't count against per-user limits. Our main reason for choosing MangoApps was because it was capable of satisfying every box we had on our list. The others fell short. Highly recommended!

Cons

Along with awesome features, can come some confusion. MangoApps has evolved and improved on a very regular schedule, which means new features and capabilities are added all the time. Unless you stay on top of the changes, you may get lost in the many admin pages provided. The good aspect of that is that they are constantly improving (unlike some others that haven't changed in years) and growing the product, but it does mean you need to pay attention. And browsing through all of the admin configuration settings can take a fair amount of time; there are many settings. In some respects, it would be nice if they offered a quick "Wizard" setup tool for new customers to get a basic site up and running. Our site is fairly well set after several years, but new users might feel daunted by the options facing them at the start.

The per-user pricing can get expensive, depending on how you use it. There is a trade off between the power of the tool versus what it would cost you to develop your own site/portal/intranet yourself. In that regard, the ROI analysis is probably something you'll need to perform for your organization, but it's worth the time to do so, and unless your needs are very basic, you'd be hard pressed to match what they offer . If you can work with the guest users concept (somewhat limiting, depending on needs), then costs come down. If you ARE looking only for a basic portal, then this may not be the cheapest tool for you. Their sweet spot is in terms of productivity.

Response from MangoApps

Bruce, thank you for taking the time to provide us with such an in-depth review. I am glad to know that MangoApps has been a great solution for your business, and you are able to make good use of its power. Regarding the your criticism/cons, I understand your frustrations around product updates and staying up to speed. I have passed this feedback along, and I know we are looking for ways to better manage that experience. Thank you again, cheers!

Robert
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

I never see me Mango alerts

Pros

not much I cant honestly say there is anything it does well that I feel is indispensable

Cons

i only use it in my office. i never remember to use it on my phone and everyone just texts anyway. mine doesn't alert me visually when I have messages. I finally figured out my volume was too low to hear the audible alert so I think that's ok. the font is tiny in the messages. since we have a fiber optic line email is so quick im not sure why we need mango. most messages are impossible to delete

Response from MangoApps

Robert, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that MangoApps fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback, but i'd also love to have you contact our support to work on resolving each of the issues you mention. Thank you again!

Replied 25/04/2019

Top MangoApps Alternatives

Microsoft Viva Engage

Microsoft Teams

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Very good system for tracking projects and storing knowledge in an accessible manner

Knowledge repository and project management system streamlining.

Pros

Ability to create individual projects within which you can have message feeds, tasks, wikis, file storage etc.
Wikis (external to projects) are used by us as knowledge repositories as are file folders within the system.
Everything is very easily searchable.
Using the desktop app you have live chat functionality.
E-mails - from external systems such as Outlook - can be sent directly to projects and appear in the feed.

Cons

Managing tasks within an individual project is easy but there's no easy way to track tasks across all projects. Tasks can be sorted by unassigned, not started, started, etc. but no overall "not yet finished" type sorting to capture all live tasks and a report can't be created from this view (only within projects). This just creates a bit more work.
No Gantt chart capability.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. I've recorded your feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our product teams. Cheers!

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Overall great to use, although could use even more customization and tagging

Working collaboratively across multiple offices on select projects, increased communication with decrease email, better control of company story, filing system

Pros

Easy to learn, and therefore faster adoption of software. It is intuitive, and accessible to everyone, not just tech people. General layout and user experience seems thought out. Also, everyone loves the levels & badges... go figure

Cons

Cons about the software include some customization issues that have recently been rolled out - templates for posts/wikis. With wikis, would be great to edit their ranking (hierarchy) after we publish. Sometimes we create the wiki, only to have to delete it later, because we thought of a different group or category that it should be under.

Also, would like the ability to work on a draft by multiple people before publishing (right now we publish on a closed group, and then take turns editing it there).

Would also like a better tagging system for photos and files with more controls built in.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Steve
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with the MangoApps software.

Pros

The MangoApps software has been a very powerful tool for our company. What I like most so far is definitely the customer service. The MangoApps team is always willing to listen to our feedback and implement new features and requests to make sure that their product is the best it can be, and that it always meets our company needs.

Cons

It can be difficult at times to learn all of the ins and outs of this product (especially the settings) because of the many different menus and sub-menus you have to dive into to discover and make these types of changes.

Response from MangoApps

Steve, thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. It is an honor to know that customers realize the power of MangoApps, and enjoy the overall experience. If there is anything we can do to help you or others with the learning process, please pass that feedback along! Thank you again

Reviewed on 13/07/2020

MangoApps Review

OVerall I have had a great experience using MangoApps, and I use it almost daily.

Pros

Overall MangoApps is a great tool that I use daily and enjoy the chat feature most and mobile usability.

Cons

I think the only thing that I do not like is that occasionally the mobile app fails to work.

Response from MangoApps

Thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team specifically pertaining to your issues with the mobile app, thank you again!

Sabrina
Sabrina

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Great Support and Easy to Use

Pros

I like how much support we got from the Mango team to get the product up and running. Also we were able to get this tool up in a very short time!

Cons

The customization aspect. It was hard customizing some of the overall css styles for the site

Response from MangoApps

Thank you very much for your review Sabrina! We take tremendous pride in our customer's satisfaction, especially what we do to support and onboard our customers.

I will pass along your feedback regarding the customization aspect. Thank you again for being a MangoApps customer!

Rajasekar
Rajasekar
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 08/12/2021

Worth it !!!

Pros

Easily integrates with the existing system.

Cons

na

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Overall I am pleased with this application.

I am pleased with the application overall. General ease of use for IM and some fun aspects included in messaging. I am still working on figuring out some of the medium to finer ins and outs of the application.

Pros

The IM system is generally easy to manage and has some fun aspects. Seems to have a ton of good features, I am still working on effectively using them all.

Cons

Sometimes seems like extra steps to clear all notifications. Some challenge to finding correct area to make personalization/ manage some aspects of user.

Graham

Reviewed on 03/10/2020

Good Product

We like Mango Apps, for what we pay we feel it is a good product. We operate from Asia, where it does operate ok.
If they had support in different countries and provided the software in multiple languages they would probably dominate the market hands down.
Best to remember that no commercially available product is going to be perfect for everyone, so taking this into consideration they have done a great job in developing the product.

Pros

The improvement you get in communication between employees is great and results in far better proficiencies across your whole business.
Document storage is great for international businesses, the ease of being able to transfer documents between countries securely is a big thing for me.
It does encourage employee engagement which is what we really needed. Many of our people work remotely, so we needed something to combat the isolation.

Cons

1. The chats disappear. I am referring to the actual discussion here. You can have a history of chat and then suddenly it will all disappear never to return! I am talking about the small pop up boxes and not from internet explorer itself.
2. Support is a bit haphazard, I have received replies to one inquiry and then never received a reply to another.
3. Emails do not work. I notice once an email is used by one person the system will not allow you to use the same email for other users, even if the original user is no longer active. I assume this is a security feature, but very unpractical because employees often use the same email.

Jill
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

MangoApps Review

We've used since 2013 I believe, it's been a great collaboration tool and useful to get things out of email and store shareable (thats the key) data in one place. I like it!

Pros

Easy collaboration in the feeds. Teams, groups, and projects make it nice to only see what the things you're involved in and not everything going on in the company. I like the Intranet, we use it to share company information, employee accomplishments, and even the menu for the cafe downstairs.

Cons

When you want to view a task from the feeds it opens in a pop up view and it not useful because you don't see the comments, I always have to "copy link" then paste that into the browser.
Trackers, the line number is static, so it you sort the numbers stay the same, so if someone reference a line you may not be looking at the same thing if you sorted, there needs to be an actual unique Id.

Response from MangoApps

Jill, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and provide feedback! I'm happy to hear you've been a customer for so long and I hope we can continue to earn your business for many years to come! I will be sure to pass along your feedback as well. Thank you again!

Jean
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

The product and ourselves have grown together.

One place to house everything. The price is reasonable. The customer service has been wonderful lately.

Pros

The all in one place for our files. We only use the software for chatting and a file repository. We have eliminated the need for folders in-house and upload with PDF's by customer and year. We have been thru two vendor audits who gave us high praise for our filing system.

Cons

When it is updated it is a mandatory update. We find that causes us some downtime. The web interface is a bit clunky. The mango sync has caused people to lose files.

Response from MangoApps

Jean, we take pride in our customer's satisfaction, and I agree- we have grown with a lot of our clients. I'm glad that MangoApps has been a good solution for your business. I have passed along your feedback and concerns, and I hope that those are addressed if not already.

Wole

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

High business value due to the number of useful modules. Very irritating billing.

Keeps the whole company on one page.

Pros

Range of modules (wikis, posts, groups, projects, calendars, etc).
No apparent limits on data storage.

Cons

Many international debit/credit cards don't work on the payment platform, and to make matters worse the company shuts off access to your account as soon as a payment fails. Many complaints on this have had no impact.

Response from MangoApps

Wole, thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you find MangoApps to be the right solution for your business and realize the power of our modules. I am sorry that there have been issues with billing. Have your billing issues been resolved? Please let us know.

Tanya

MangoApps Review

Pros

This software can be used by logging into a desktop and also as an app. This feature is flexible for those that need info on the go. I am set up for notifications based on topics I am interested in and able to only see what is of interest to me.

Cons

Initially I felt that learning how to use this software was challenging, but once I got the hang of it, it became easier. I am able to navigate through the functions and access information that I need.

Response from MangoApps

Tanya, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team and we will continue to make it easier to learn and navigate. Thank you again!

Brett

Great for our needs

Pros

Document management features are strong. Ability to segregate projects, documents and communications between guest and network users.

Cons

Some of the implementations are a little clunky. The mac client crashes periodically.

No ability to batch-tag files. Unable to lift metadata from files for export into other applications (for tracking and reporting).

Response from MangoApps

Brett, thank you for your feedback and review. If you have any issues that persist, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.

William

Reviewed on 11/07/2020

Great collaboration software

We use it to disseminate information throughout our 3 shifts am, pm, and gy. It is a handy tool so that the oncoming shift knows what happened in the previous shift and any hotspots to look out for.

Pros

The product is easy to use. Its a great collaboration tool that helps the organization disseminate information throughout our 3 shifts am, pm, and gy.

Cons

There are no features I can see that need to be added to this software application.

Response from MangoApps

William, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

Alberto
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 26/06/2023

A great pm tool

Pros

MangoApps is a versatile application with an extensive range of features like thread creation, wikis, document versions, media previews, and group management. It offers customizability, mobile accessibility, and collaboration tools, resulting in a tailored and productive experience. Additionally, its user-friendly approach to adding and removing guest users at affordable prices is highly appealing.

Cons

MangoApps offers a comprehensive set of features, though there may be occasional glitches in the text function. While I'd appreciate the ability to view group content without commenting, the support team is receptive to feedback and strives to find solutions or incorporate suggestions in future updates. Overall, Mango Support is exceptional!

Juan

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

MangoApps is Great for your team

Great, while the team is using and feeding the system with contents, this tool will be a great part of your organization.

Pros

while using the system, remote and local users can be not just connected but sharing information, data, wikis, real-time communication, customer information and a lot more.

Cons

maybe it has too much that sometimes is difficult to understand or to reach every functionality

Response from MangoApps

Juan, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We are pleased to see that it is still a good fit for the workflow at WebFX. As you mentioned, we understand that the span of features may be confusing at times, we are working on improving and defining features to better address that. Thank you again!

Replied 06/06/2020
Madelin

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Leaving Mango Apps

Since we were assigned an experience specialist, I would say things have gotten better. Unfortunately that staffing assignment was made too late.

Pros

It worked well when our Network was small.

Cons

It was very slow, cumbersome and difficult to manage as the admin. Zero training provided for the first 4 years of use.

Maurice

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

''Top notch e-learning solution.''

I am having a great experience using the platform. Ease team collaboration hence improved taskforce in the organisation.

Pros

The platform is easy to use and access. With the platform it is quite simple to build pages. It so easy to add and eliminate visitor clients that is for occasional representative.

Cons

A times it becomes so hard to login due to experienced complications.

Carrie

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Not a fan

Pros

It's a good way to get our members together in a community forum.

Cons

I wish there was a way to lock wikis so only certain people could edit them.

Response from MangoApps

Hello Carrie, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I understand your concern with the wikis module. We actually do allow you to lock wikis to limit the users who are able to edit. The instructions for doing so are outlined in this linked screenshot, I hope this helps! https://hub.mangoapps.com/sf/MTU4NDMxXzE2ODQ1MzM

Magali

Love Mango

Love Mango and that we can communicate better with our staff.

Pros

Mango is easy to use for everyone in our company.

Cons

Some simple things are missing like a gallery/photo album option.

Response from MangoApps

Magali, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

Mitchelle
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

Very user friendly app that can be synchronised with various platforms

Excellent

Pros

I like all the applications that are on Mango app and there are very rare technical glitches

Cons

Not much to say as an employee, liked all features

Noah
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Mango for you

Pros

the user interface reads very well and helps with ease of use.

Cons

when navigating from page to page the load time seems a little too long.

Response from MangoApps

Noah, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!