About Jobber

30% OFF. Jobber is a cloud-based field service management software solution that allows small and midsize service businesses to manage field staff, provide customer support, and expand business operations either through a mobile...

4.2

Browse Jobber Reviews

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Excellent company and excellent product

Makes things work so much better for us! There are small issues but we work through them. Nothing is perfect and for the price point this is phenomenally the best on the market.

Pros

Absolutely great system and easily adaptable to service companies. They are constantly adding features and functions and I hate to give only 4 stars on that but there are a few things that we would like to have but it doesn't incorporate. They are ALWAYS open to listening and I have actually had some of my ideas incorporated into the program. If I could give 10 stars on the customer service and value for the money I absolutely would. It is a simple program to use once you play with it for a bit. They are always updating which is awesome always new functionality available!

Cons

I don't like the fact that Visits and Jobs are treated separately with no way to combine them. I wish that you could set this up and for us, just delete the visit altogether because for us a Job is a Visit. They are always 1 to 1 ratio for us. It makes some of the scheduling frustrating because you can schedule a job but not have a visit scheduled. I can completely see how other companies need the ability for multiple visits on 1 job though.
Would like to see compulsory custom fields so you don't forget to fill out important data on quotes or invoices.
This is a big one, if you don't use the Stripe Jobber Payments then you cannot post a refund to a clients account. You basically have to do a work around and then post a negative invoice. It is very frustrating for a basic accounting function. We often have customers place deposits or pay in advance and they don't use their full deposit for our service. We have to issue a refund and it is a real pain to do.

Rich

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

Jobber - MY Business OSS

My overall experience with Jobber has been quite positive as it helps me immensely run my business.
It is my OSS today. It assigns and tracks all work requests, quotes, jobs and tasks. It also does our invoicing and passes data nicely to Quickbooks for great financial reporting. I just wish I had more robust reporting features with it.

Pros

Having a system that can be quickly and easily implemented and used by small business that incorporates features including integrates that addresses 'quote to cash' work flow was essential. Jobber does the job nicely, quickly, easily and is quite affordable for any small business. It integrates nicely with financial systems such as QuickBooks too.

Cons

Reporting is weak with the version I currently have. There are some standard reports that provide some fair data qualities but to customize reports using custom fields or job fields is quite weak. Exporting any report to Excel does not work well. I dont get the attachment file when attempting.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Choosing Jobber

QRIDIT did integrate with other systems and processes supporting all of our business products. It was awkward in supporting multiple consumer services. It struggle to offer us a converged business system.

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

Workflow was stronger with Jobber for our business needs to support landscaping, homewatch, pool and storm readiness services on a single converged platform. However, we did keep Quickbooks for financial tracking and reporting.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Rich, thanks so much for your review. We're glad things are going well overall, and have noted your feedback for more advanced reporting. We're always looking at providing better business insights to our customers, so if you have additional info you'd like to share with us don't hesitate to reach out to our Success Team and we can collect that for our Product Team. Cheers!

Replied 16/01/2021

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

JOBBER HAS IT ALL BUT FALL SHORT ON THE BASICS

The basics of what Jobber is built around is route scheduling and can do so much more. The basics of being able to simply organize routes while out in the field (like other apps offer) has been overlooked

Pros

Jobber is a great idea with excellent customer support. The support for this product is through the roof excellent! The overall programming is huge, you can do a ton of stuff with Jobber.

Cons

The Achilles heel is this; jobber is designed to be used as a route manager for administrators and employees. The idea is that an employee can load up his or her daily tasks and go to work. From an employee’s stand point that is easy enough. Click on the first job for the day and they are off . . . . .

First part of the problem we are experiencing with jobber is that if the employee is not within a good service area the photos and service notes for that home will not upload AND WILL NOT be kept in cue until the employee gets into a decent service range. If you have spotty service where your route is this will not work for you. You'll end up going back to paper logs.
FOR AN ADMINISTRATOR - jobber really sets up work nicely for the day, week, and month very nicely BUT has some really important short comings that you should be aware of PRIOR to starting this service..... As an administrator you cannot mass assign or unassign routes to and from employees. You cannot memorize the modifications to a daily route but one click.
JOBBER needs to be able to allow us to set up routes as a whole NOT just individual’s one at a time to create routes. FOR EXAMPLE: we need to be able to go into a master list of clients, click and drag those clients into a “MONDAY A” route and or a “MONDAY B” route and the same for Tuesday and Wednesday etc. etc. . . . . if we want to make changes to a route as a single entity we should be able to do that as opposed to what we have to do now which is change each individual client to be on a different day one at a time for the next 6 months and or 10 years
FOR EXAMPLE, we have three routes per day each route has approximately 20 visits. If an employee calls in sick and we need to reassign 20 visits to another employee we have to do it manually for EACH CLIENT as opposed to just reassigning and entire route to another employee.

WHAT WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL AND CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE FROM JOBBER, would be to adjust routes on the "map" page and have it ask us if we want to memorize the reorganization of that route for all future visits or just that one day. The way that it is limited requires me to go in and manually change EVERY JOB ONE BY ONE to the route organization. This process takes approximately 1 to 2 entire minutes to complete depending on whether or not the visits are reoccurring for the next 6 months or six years . . . . . 1 to 2 minutes times 20 minutes obviously doesn’t work for any administrator at all.....the only way around this is to make the changes daily or weekly which is labor intensive and your will be paying for this each time your employee has to redo the routes.

Top Jobber Alternatives

Wesley

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

Very intuitive, excellent support

Huge time savings. Excellent reporting to get a snapshot of my business.

Pros

I don't have to train my team on Jobber. It's simple enough that we can go over the basics together and a new hire will run with it from there. It's customizable enough for us and I love the reporting features.

Cons

The built in CC processing is pricey but convenient. New features are somewhat slow to roll out but I guess this is countered by the fact that it all works without bugs. You can tell they take testing seriously.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey there Wesley! Thank you so much for such a glowing review! Hope you have a great week!

Replied 11/10/2022
Joel
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Overall a great program

Ease of use and quickly putting in jobs. Could do a lot better if their software handled client credit on account and texting freestyle and dropped their monthly payment to more reasonable price for small business to use.

Pros

Great look and ease of use. Works on all devices.

Cons

Compared to other programs like this, The cost for options is quite high. They are pushing more to have credit cards processed through them and have done away with paypal payments. There is only texting of canned messages. My biggest issue. Over all though the $130.00 a month for half way decent options is to high. If you pay a full year in advance then that price goes to 99.00 a month. So charging you 30 more paying by the month is another down fall for this software. To pay in advance for small business it penalizes them. Another downfall is how it handles your clients that over pay or pay in advance by applying credit to their account. I does not handle this very well at all!

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Joel, thank you for your review and this feedback. We'd like to make sure you're getting the most value of your plan so it's more than worth your monthly investment. Please reach out to our Success Team via phone (1-888-721-1115), chat, or email ([email protected]), and we'll do our best to make sure you're getting the most value out of Jobber. We'd also like to collect some additional feedback around what could be more helpful for your business, and do our best to potentially offer some alternative workflows that work best for you and your team. Thank you again for your feedback!

Replied 02/09/2020
Marcus
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Good Software.....Greedy Management

Pros

I love how easy it was to set everything up and get started with this software. The calendar is great as well as many other features.

Cons

I HATE that I cannot charge our clients the credit card processing fee automatically. It is very time consuming to have to tell every single person to call or email the office if they want the 3% convenience fee added to their invoice and update their payment settings. This was supposed to make collecting money easy - not so time consuming and such a headache.

I also HATE that management is so greedy that they would only allow pictures on line items in the most expensive plan offered. I was unaware that Jobber had a "bug" at the time I started using this and months later, half way through a quote, I suddenly discover I am no longer allowed to add pictures to line items without upgrading to the most expensive plan for an extra $100 a month. We only have 5 users and will never be interested in the additional features with the grow plan. It feels very wrong that Jobber would only give this option for $200 a month when numerous other softwares offer pictures for under $100 a month.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Marcus, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's wonderful that you're finding Jobber easy to use in running your day-to-day operations, and that you're enjoying the scheduling features.

We are always eager to learn about how we can improve, and we are very sorry to hear about your negative experience.

Our team would love the opportunity to directly discuss your product feedback, and better understand how these features would positively impact your business. Our support team is available from 8am-5pm MT, M-F at your convenience by phone (1-888-721-1115) or email ([email protected]). We would be happy to address your concerns about your subscription and feature changes.

Replied 14/10/2021

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

A CRM built for the needs of home services!

Overall Jobber is very good. The customer support is friendly and knowledgeable but obviously lack any real input from customers to the devs.
For the most part, they have wrapped up almost everything, but there are a few rough edges that need to be addressed. That said, I have not found a better CRM for home services.

Pros

Quotes are easy
Collect a deposit
Keep cards on file
Ease of Scheduling
Good mobile app

Cons

Unable to give partial returns through Jobber Payments
Need more environmental variables
Better API
More triggers in Zapier
Native texting is lacking in so many ways. Maybe instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, you could partner with a texting/phone/review product like Emitrr.

Zoho CRM and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

Jobber is better suited to sales that don't go through a sales funnel, the scheduling is a breeze, and the customer's experience is seemless.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Michael, thanks for your review!
If there is anything we can do to improve your experience feel free to get in touch with our success team at 1-888-721-1115 Option 2, [email protected], or by live chat.

Replied 28/07/2022
Troy
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Jobber fits most needs for service/field type scheduling work

Great experience and would recommend it for most companies who utilize field/service type staff that requires trips to properties. Very easy to use for office staff and mostly easy to use for field staff.

Pros

- Easy to deploy
- Syncs with Quickbooks
- Many views to view work with filtering options
- Ability to limit worker's capabilities
- Ability to allow customers to request work
- Ability to send quotes/invoices (though we used QB for this)
- Scheduling was a breeze

Cons

- Phone app was not as intuitive as I liked from a UX/UI standpoint, but we overcame that hurdle
- Recurring jobs can be difficult to delete and when you have many it can cause more harm than good. It is built more for one-off jobs currently in my opinion.

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

The features fit our needs better and the UX/UI seemed to be better.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Troy! Thank you very much for taking the time to send us a review. We are very happy to hear that Jobber is meeting your business needs. We would also love to hear more about how we could improve Jobber's UX/UI, so please feel free to reach out to our Support team at 1-888-721-1115 opt 2, [email protected] or via our live chat.

Replied 22/06/2022

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Great Software Every Business Needs

Pros

They have a great mobile app as well as a great interface online. Lots of powerful features that any service related business needs. Affordable, easy to view jobs and what status they are in which is always a huge plus when it comes to keeping track of things.

Cons

Needs a more sophisticated live online booking platform. With where the modern world is going, customers don’t want to wait to hear back or call, online booking is the new generation. The service requests is cool and all. But a easy online booking of an actual appointment at a customer selected time is essential.

mHelpDesk

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

I ended up actually choosing Housecall Pro in the end due to the online booking

Response from Jobber Software

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Glad to hear that our app and many of our features are working for you. And thank you for your feedback and perspective on online bookingwe're definitely sharing that back with our team.

Replied 06/06/2019
Carita

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

Love this Software

Love the software. Best decision we've made.

Pros

Works great at scheduling, quoting, generating new leads, invoicing, and payment. What I love most is the integration partnerships that Jobber has to make home service businesses more efficient and profitable. Awesome and helpful customer service.

Cons

I wasnt told that in order to use the Instant Payout feature that you had to have 10,000 in processed Jobber Payments. That was a hassle when we first signed up because we were just ahead of peak season. We quickly made that mark in a month so that issue was solved.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Carita, we're so glad to hear that you are enjoying using Jobber and finding extra value in our partnerships, and working with the support team! Thanks for trusting us with your business and we hope you have a great weekend!

Replied 03/06/2022
Jim
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Jobber is a great job scheduling, quote & invoicing platform. I would recommend it to anybody.

I already answered that question

Pros

The website is easy to navigate.

Employees can easily see their jobs in mobile app.

Entering client & job info is a breeze even for new employees.

Live chat is available and the issues I have had have been easily solved via live chat.

Quotes are easy to find in the system and can easily be converted into jobs with minimal or no extra data entry.

Invoicing is easy and seamlessly integrates with quickbooks.

Once I turn on Jobber payments, customers will have a very easy way to pay their bill that is just as simple as PayPal (our current payment platform).

I can tag clients into any kind of group I can think of. The biggest way we will use tagging is for delinquent Invoice customers (we are blessed not to have many). Any employee who tries to enter a new job for a client in this category will see a tag reminding us to get paid for past work before agreeing to a new job. There are ways to track past due invoices but not all employees can see that info.

Automatic emails and sms templates in Jobber can be easily customized for our business needs.

Automatic customer reminder emails and sms is awesome way for customers to remember appointments.

Customers via email link in their quote can request quote changes.

Customers via email link in their quote can accept a quote and sign-off on it which makes converting a quote into a job very easy. Notification of an approved quote is emailed to me and the dashboard in the program notifies me.

Cons

Can't do line item discounting on quotes...customers like to see normal price next to discount price....also certain items on a quote need a discount without discounting the entire quote....currently a discount can only be shown after the subtotal and the discount will apply to the entire quote, discounting labor before discounting a taxable item.

Can't send generic quotes easily...sometimes we want to put several options on a single quote but the program tallies all the dollar amounts together and puts an outrageous total at the bottom...we have lost business due to a customer looking at the "total amount" of a quote and freaking out because they don't realize the quote tallied all the options together.

Can't make job forms mandatory for employees to complete before closing out a job thus making it harder to hold employee responsible when certain details are missed in a process.

Products and services reports can be skewed on the dollar amounts because again sometimes discounts are applied on an invoice but Jobber only allows for a discount on the subtotal (rather than line item)...this makes it hard to get an accurate dollar amount when doing reporting on specific items we sell. As far as I can see, Jobber reports will not take into account discounts given during a specific period of time.

The automatic quote follow up feature can only be viewed on main website. There is currently no way to make it visible to an assigned employee on the mobile app.

Brad

Reviewed on 30/05/2020

It's a Love/Hate relationship with Jobber

When I first started using Jobber over 5 years ago I was a raving fan. I told everyone I met that needed a CRM to use Jobber. Now it's mostly just disappointment. Jobber could take over the entire service industry if they had new leadership. If you are buying a CRM and never used one before, Jobber will seem like a gift from God. If you compare it to other CRM's, it's behind others in features.

Pros

Very clean and easy to use. The mobile app is top notch. Customer service is very friendly and helpful if you have a problem. Calendar is easy to use. It has quickbooks integration which is nice. Payment processing is easy and convenient for customers. Client portal is excellent.

Cons

This company likes to do things 90% of the way and the last 10% are always the features you need. I begged them for years to add zapier integration. They finally do (90%) but then they only offer a few triggers. The ones they don't offer are the ones you need (10%).

Lead/sales funnel is non-existent. You'll have to use another software to track leads in a funnel.

Time tracking for jobs (90%) doesn't add up total hours per employee (10%). I have to manually add up each employee's hours.

This software has zero job costing reports. That completely blows my mind. Every single competitor has job costing. It is the most important thing to track in a service business. Here is the crazy thing, they had this feature in beta and then came out and said we aren't going to continue with it.

They have forms and checklist for employees, but no way to report them back with ease. No way to require employees to use them on the job.

The leadership of this company is scared to death of competition. They won't tell you anything that's on the books. No way to vote on features, know if any will ever become reality. The default response is. We'll let our development team know. Very limited mindset.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Brad, we're sorry you feel this way about Jobber but we sincerely appreciate the feedback. With many different businesses in our community with different workflows and preferences, we do our best to provide solutions to the largest number of businesses we can, but know that unfortunately we can't always have features that every business wants. That being said, with no plans of slowing down soon, we're still working hard tp improve and grow as we certainly want to provide your business and others with more valuable features which we hope you will find increasingly valuable. Thanks again, Brad!

Replied 02/09/2020

Reviewed on 30/06/2018

The Best Customer Service and Great Software

Putting tablets in the field with time tracking saved us at a lot per month in labor by holding workers accountable.

Administrative time/hassle was greatly decreased. Probably save 3-5 hours a week over old software (Zenmaid).

Peace of mind. It is very very nice to feel like I have a team (Jobber's support) to help us if we have any issues. It's like a free insurance policy.

Pros

I bought a cleaning company summer 2017 that does about 500 homes per month, and needed to switch from the clunky and often failing cloud-based software we used before. I talked to several companies like Jobber, but was blown away by Jobber's level of customer service. They explained things and helped me for as long as I needed them to, to feel comfortable with switching to them. We are about four months into active use now and my expectations have not been unmet in any regard. The continued support is amazing -- any time myself or my office people have questions we hop on the chat and are quickly responded to. The best part is that Jobber continually gets better -- they are continually seeking ways to add more value to their product.

User-wise, this product is great. It is so fast to navigate (no lagging between pages or searching for something). We have six crews in the field with tablets, and are able to see when and where they check in and out of each job. We can pull up a map view and see all the homes that are done so far in the day. We can easily add a crew to a home if we want to send additional help, and their tablet is automatically updated with that information.

If you decide to use Jobber, be sure to know what you are doing when you enter all the customer information. Pay attention to the different areas of custom fields "Client", "Property", "Job" etc. and how they populate and do not populate to other areas. We lost some time there.

Cons

Currently would like to see:
-Automatic emails for followup able to be sent without having to close a job -- just by marking it as complete. It would be ideal if you could set the frequency of this contact -- such as every time, once per month, once per quarter, etc.

I don't have many cons off the top of my head. In my opinion it is a phenomenal value for what you get.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for your detailed review! We're so glad to have you on the team too. We'll be sure to share your suggestions with the team :) As always, just let us know if you need anything!

Sheridan

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

If only I could give this software more than 5 stars!

My experience with Jobber has been amazing. Our company has grown at around 20% each year, and Jobber's systems has given us the capacity to expand without loosing quality of service. We are frequently asked how we can manage our business successfully with only one office employee. We point them to Jobber.
This isn't just the office manager's favorite software. The crew leaders, managers and owners all frequently remark on how much they love Jobber's functionality.

Pros

There are so many things I love about Jobber that it is hard to name just one.
Jobber LISTENS to their customers. I have seen time and time again my suggestions become a reality. I love the client hub - where customers can sign and pay quotes and invoices online. This is an invaluable feature this day & age.

Cons

Most of my con's come with the sad reality that our company uses Jobber in a way that is a bit beyond its intended scope (remodeling & construction), in addition to our field services (Handyman, Lawn Mowing etc)
- Invoicing: lack of flexbility in the way invoices can be displayed to customers. Templates are only minimally helpful at this time. Also, if the line item descriptions are too long (longer than one printed page for example), it will but cut off when printing. There is no way for it to continue to the next printed page.
- Sales: Jobber is built on scheduling. But as a company, sales process is equally important. While Jobber shows some level of 'process' in leads, it is definitely not there yet. HOWEVER - they have promised that this is something they are working towards.
- customized billing: To be clear, I LOVE Jobber's billing system. The only hiccup is their lack of ability to customer delivery methods per client.

Response from Jobber Software

You made our day, Sheridan! We've noted your feedback on lead tracking, billing, templates, and delivery methods. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so glad to have the Handy Home Guys crew on the team, and are so proud to help your business expand. Congrats on all your growth!

Replied 30/04/2019

Reviewed on 09/02/2017

If You Are Serious About Your Business And Family GetJobber!

My company an exterior maintenance company where we seal and repair asphalt, interlock, flagstone and concrete. We are the biggest name in our field and with that comes a strong demand for organization. Jobber has allowed us to exceed our productivity goals which increases our customer satisfaction and ultimately our bottom line.

With jobber we are able to create client (and potential client) accounts seamlessly. We have our call center email us an excel sheet of our call log that we have configured specifically for jobber's database import. We can sometimes see up to 100 to 300 calls in a day in our peak season and with this feature we can import all those callers/clients into jobber with the click of a single button. We do this so when the person calls back to book our services their accounts are already in Jobber and all we do is create the orders which takes minutes.

Jobber also creates a daily route for each of our service trucks so all trucks are traveling in the quickly and more time efficient manner. Again, productivity!!!

The day before our client is scheduled for service Jobber automatically emails and texts those clients to remind them they are on schedule and a list of instructions we pre-configure.

In the field, our service reps have jobber on their phones which gives them all the details they need about what the task is they are about to perform. They are able to create notes on the clients "job" and even add photos all of which are instantly available in our office.

After our service agents are finished a job they click "mark complete" and jobber does the rest which includes invoicing our clients and emailing them an invoice and soliciting client feedback etc.

Jobber has allowed me to do the job of 5 people so quickly I am often left with the biggest dilemma Jobber causes.... What golf course can I get an afternoon tee time on a weekday?

Pros

Seamless and productive with small to medium businesses in mind.

Cons

Some minor programming issues. Jobber lacks the ability to "select all" or multiple accounts or service orders at the same time. Being a very high volume company that causes me a lot of grief when I have to close 100 or 200 jobs but have to do it all one by one.

Tim

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Once they get you on board, you are no longer important

In the beginning, Jobber employees are super attentive, and work to help you get on board and sell you their service. They promise things like a one time 10% discount in addition to the yearly price. After you sign up, good luck getting a response. You are in the system and you are no longer important. And good luck getting them to honor the discount they promised when signing you up, they just pass the buck to the next person saying "they must've told you that" and you wait weeks in between responses. Jobber needs to put the same effort into the customers that are signed up as they do when they are trying to sell you the software.

Pros

The software is easy to use once you understand the language and functions it offers. There are some improvements needed, but they are constantly updating it which is great.

Cons

Does not allow businesses to be unique. Every email looks like every other email every other service company sends. They do not allow HTML or email signatures when communicating with clients. You do not stand out to clients. The text feature is great, but you cannot access it from the computer, and in order to send a message you have to have previously sent that client a message and the only allowable messages to start a text is that your are late or going to be late. So you have to tell you client you are late if you want to text them through the software.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Tim, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to hear that you've found Jobber easy to use for your business!

I've shared your feedback regarding the branding and text messaging with our product team who works closely with these features. All of our product updates are inspired directly by customer feedback, so insights like these are really valuable! The Product Updates section of your Jobber account will highlight our latest releases, and you'll be happy to know we have released open texting for Jobber, based on feedback like yours!

Our team was very sorry to hear about your negative experience. You are important to us and we would love the opportunity to directly address your comments regarding your subscription and experience with our team. We are available from 8am-5pm MT, M-F at your convenience by phone (1-888-721-1115) or email ([email protected]).

Replied 02/11/2021
Peggy

Reviewed on 27/05/2015

takes some getting use to and trial and error, but then I am not one to sit and do tutorials...

there are some limitations that either require you to go through multiple steps that it would appear it could be reduced to fewer steps. Creating invoices, jumping from calendar to clients to profiles, etc.

For the most part, the software does what it is supposed to but there is definitely room for improvements. One pet peeve is the calendar and how it doesn't show all employees assigned to a job but rather the last one added to the team. This makes it hard to determine where everyone is because of this limitation.

Took me some time to realize this does not play well with internet explorer and I wasted a lot of time until I tried Google Chrome.

Mobile version is very limited so much so that we found a browser that allows us to open desktop version on ipads etc.

Need more color options, print options as far as fonts, colors, etc. Need to make it easier to recognize, enter, etc. additional properties and then switch a job to a different property even after a job has been scheduled but the customer now wants it done somewhere else. Having to delete the original job and then start over to use second property is cumbersome and somewhat frustrating.

Documentation is USELESS! enough said.

Support desk have been awesome. Adian is phenomenal, Justin (or may be Jason) is good, and there is one female that I have worked with, cant recall her name, that is also quick to provide an answer. On the other hand, there is a new tech who was useless and wasted too much of my time during a crunch time - she needed to admit she needed help rather than putting me on hold repeatedly while she asked, coming back and still not sure, etc. I had to hand up due to backed up incoming calls. Perhaps training needs to be more in-depth before putting someone on their own. Maybe a trainer listening in on a call and being readily available to help her respond?

I know there are other shortcomings of the software as it is today but right now I cant recall all of them. However, the support folks ensured me they are logging any comments re: this subject so that these concerns can possibly be addressed in upcoming versions.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Peggy! Thanks so much for the review and feedback. As our support team mentioned, your feedback is exactly what helps us continue to refine Jobber. We're moving fast to get as much awesome functionality into the software as we can.

With regards to our Customer Success team, glad you've had some good experiences. We're working hard to make sure our new team members get up to speed as quick as possible so they can help you and everyone else out.

Cheers, Nick Keyko.

Replied 27/05/2015

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

This software was amazing!

Overall great software, great team of customer support...very quick to respond! Very great value and professional looking software for the low cost.

Pros

Loved, loved this software. Made me look profesional to my c ustomers. Especially just starting out, this software made me look like a much larger, very professional business in the home improvement business. Very simple, very easy to use.

Cons

Features. I eventualy switched to another software because jobber was limited at the time. I really wanted SMS and email notifications to go out to clients and leads automatically from the system and jobber did not have those features at the time. I believe they have those features now.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks so much for your review, David! Glad to hear Jobber was able to add that level of professionalism to your business as you were getting started. You're right in that we do have SMS functionality currently, where you can send visit reminders, on my way and late messages, and invoices and quotesall via SMS. The door is always if you have any questions about Jobber's current functionality. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Wishing you all the best!

Replied 04/11/2019

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Amazing Company

Too many to count. Invoicing, routing, tracking of trucks, productivity measurements, easy of emailing clients.

Pros

What don't I like about this software?! This company and it's platform are amazing! Once you get past a small learning curve this software is easy to use. Love being able to tell where my crews are, see productivity on job sites, invoice clients while out in the field, take quotes while out in the field, route my trucks with a click of a button, and easy to use overall. Their customer service is beyond excellent. If you have a problem you can chat live or email them and have a response very quickly within operating hours. If it is after hours someone normally gets back to you within a few hours. Great company!

Cons

There is really nothing bad I can say about this company. The only thing is there are occasional glitches in the system and one time it when down for a few hours. Otherwise it is great.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks, Mark! You made our day. Glad to hear Jobber has been such a great fit for you¿we're grateful to be a part of your business!

Replied 28/05/2018
Royce

Reviewed on 27/11/2014

Save time and money and start using Jobber today

Our company provides two disparate services to home owners, handyman services and residential cleaning services. Finding a scheduling software solution to handle both types of businesses was a challenge. When we finally found Jobber we were very pleased to find a solution that was both complete and yet easy to learn and use.

We were able to import our customer base from Quickbooks with no problem. As a matter of fact, the import/export functionality between Quickbooks and Jobber is exceptional. Now, we are able to enter information once (at the time of an estimate) and then use that same information to populate the work order and invoice in Jobber and even export it to Quickbooks so that we have a complete record of the work done in our accounting software. The two products combine to give your business a one-two punch in the battle to manage the amount of information generated on a daily basis.
The calendar/scheduling portion of Jobber is also very good. We use the "grid" view and its easy to move jobs during the day or even to reassign to another team member. One improvement that could be made is to add team functionality to the scheduler. From a systems standpoint, this is not easy to do and I'm sure that once the programmers at Jobber figure it out, it will be rolled out to the users.
We have just started using the capability to attach files to our customer's profiles. Now, we are able to scan handwritten documents such as estimates and attach them to the Quote in Jobber so that we can always go back and see the original document if needed.
One concern with a cloud based scheduler such as Jobber is up time. I am happy to report that up time has never been an issue. The system operates with 99.99% availability. Its ready to use when you need it.
Jobber provides exceptional customer service through their chat feature. A tech is always available during business hours.

Pros

Ease of set up
Ease of training - very intuitive to learn
Ease of use
You can go ahead and start today and use as a calendar. As you become more comfortable you can easily add more of their functionality.

Response from Jobber

Hey Royce!

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're so happy that you find Jobber easy to use – that's something we pride ourselves on.

Please do let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers, Aidan.

Replied 28/11/2014
Kate
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 23/08/2018

We love Jobber!

We love jobber, its a great software and has helped us organize the company tremendously!

Pros

This software is fast, easy to use and organized. The options to separate a quote into multiple jobs has been detrimental to our business.

Cons

Jobber doesnt work well with multiple sales people, you can set defaults but they will be specific to one person. For instance, if you have two estimators and you want the quote to be sent from that specific sales person you will have to go in and change names, company names, etc each time. The default option should have multiple options set to sales persons individually.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for the review, Kate! A Jobber account allows for just one company's branding, but if you'd like replies for emails to go to different email addresses, you can remove the email address from your settings, which will cause email replies to go to the email address associated with whichever user sent out the email from Jobber. If you have more than one company, it's possible to set up multiple Jobber accounts and have them linked, which also might help with separating branding. If you have any questions about this or additional feedback, please reach out to our Success team and we'll do our best to help out. Thanks again for your feedback!

Susan

Reviewed on 01/06/2018

I LOVE Jobber, and this new feature that makes the app friendlier for admins is so appreciated.

It saves me SO MUCH TIME!!!

Pros

It's intuitive. I don't have to try to figure out how things work; if I just use it the way it makes sens, it works for me.
With the new feature - team view - I can schedule a job on the fly without switching back and forth between employee schedules.

Cons

Only one small complaint, that there's probably already a solution for that I'm not aware of: When I drag a cleaning from one time slot to another, it doesn't automatically go to the hour, quarter-hour... So if I have it set for 8AM and I want to move it to 9AM, it will often end up with a start time of 8:59 or 9:03. Something random like that.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for the review, Susan! You made our day :) For the time issue you're seeing on the calendar, sometimes this can happen if your browser is not set at 100% zoom, so you may be zoomed in or out. If you're continuing to see the issue, please reach out to our Success team by phone, chat or email and we can do our best to help and troubleshoot.

Geoff

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

Fantastick Experience

Its been over 6 months now that we have been using Jobber and I honestly don't know how we functioned without it.

As a repair and service business we receive between 4 to 6 new jobs a day typically ranging in duration from half a day to several days for on-site work. Not only are we better able to schedule the crews to be more efficient, the communication to our customers has improved dramatically.

When we made the decision to trial run Jobber we simply were looking for an electronic calendar scheduling tool. All I can say is "WOW" - I went from hours of scheduling then calling, texting or e-mailing job assignments to the crews every night from home to actually having the next day's schedules set and distributed to the crews BEFORE I leave the office for the day.

Not only did I get my personal time back to spend with family, the crews are better informed of specific job requirements which in turn make them more efficient and productive on their specific jobs. I'm happier, my family is happier, the crews are happier but most importantly my customers are happier.

Once we had the crews comfortable with electronic scheduling and task completion we rolled out time tracking; again - WOW. The ability to approve our mobile workforce job related time on a daily basis without requiring paper timesheets and redundant data entry has now allowed my administration staff to reallocate their time towards other process improvement projects.

I have two minor issues with Jobber, and that is the linking with our Quickbooks is not quite as seamless as I would have wished and the functionality of the Client Reminders and Website integration is limited. With that being said, I refer back to my original reason for trying Jobber and that was simply to have some form of electronic scheduling tool.

We have had numerous interactions with the Jobber support team and they have always been available to take the time to understand our specific issues and offer solutions.

In conclusion I would say that Jobber has streamlined our processes, improved our employee morale and enhanced our customer service touch. I would strongly recommend this product to anyone looking for a simple, user friendly and cost effective solution to crew scheduling.

Kevin

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

The absolute BEST way to run a mobile-based service business!

Pros

What do I not like? It is easy to set customers up for routine recurring visits or just one time visits. It keeps up with their payment and visit history, I can take credit card payments onsite or offsite. I can put as many notes about the individual client's preferences. I love the calendar grid to easily see what our jobs are. Most of all, I love that my employees can clock in and out from the clients' homes rather than going to a storefront to do that. It saves them time, gas, and is incredibly efficient. The employee can view all the information for that particular client as well.

Cons

One thing I have had continuous issues with is when I terminate an employee or an employee retires and I take them off the jobs that they were assigned to, some of those clients' recurring visits will disappear from the calendar. It will not disappear from their account, but it will not show up on the calendar, which can be troublesome. Most of the time they will be in the unassigned area, but sometimes not. I am hoping that they will fix that glitch soon. I am sure they will.

The next is not being able to keep track of the employees clocking in and out areas. An employee can easily milk the clock by not being honest about where they are when they are clocking in and out. The GPS waypoints need some improvement to make it easier to see the most important things like where they are when they change their time, clock in and out, etc. It would be awesome to have the address or estimated location when they clock in and out.

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Jobber saved the day

Overall I'm very happy with this app. Starting a new job at a busy full service lawn & landscaping company with no existing job tracking was a giant headache. We needed something to help keep track of where all the crews needed to be, outside of an excel spreadsheet on the owners computer. We started with the free trial while I set up the new app and tried to sell the owner on why it was worth the cost. We had our own dedicated sales rep that was easy to contact and helped through the entire set up process. Our crew leaders now use the app every morning instead of calling in to find out where they will be that day and the office has real time access to where they have been and where they are going.

Pros

Quickbooks integration
Customer service and support
Fully customizable access for users

Cons

Requires manual push to sync with QBO
Have not figured out how to delete a recurring job, have to delete individual entries

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for your review! So glad to hear Jobber has been a help with keeping everyone organized. To delete a recurring job you'll just need to get into edit mode of the job (click the edit button in the top right corner) then click the delete button in the bottom left corner. We'll then give you some options on what to do with any future incomplete visits that may be on the job, if any. Feel free to reach out to our Success team by phone (1-888-721-1115), online chat in your account, or email, and we can . Glad to have you and the whole crew on the team :)

Replied 19/08/2019