Keap Reviews

About Keap

Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) is a cloud-based sales and marketing solution that offers customer relationship management (CRM), marketing automation, and e-commerce functionalities in one suite. Keap helps small businesses across...

3.8

Browse Keap Reviews

1,276 of 1,276 reviews
Mindy
Mindy
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Great for an all-in-one service

I had some great help with getting everything set up and I find the email automation system quite easy to use and understand, which is great as it has gotten me to do a lot more with automation. I have the email lists integrated onto my website optin forms and it's quite simple to see who takes action on the emails that are sent in the automation sequence.

Pros

I love that I can segment my clients into different groups to email them directly from Keap, and also do the same with prospective clients and past clients. Having everything in one place makes my life so much easier and streamlined and has encouraged me to do even more than I was before in regards to client communication.

Cons

I had some issues at first with the Keap phone number, but they did get it fixed, although it took quite a while. The one thing that I am missing right now with them is recurring invoicing because I would have to be the one to enter the client's credit card information in order to do that here, so I am still using another product for that.

Denise
Denise

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Keap, a robust and user-friendly program

It provides us with the flexibility to perform a wide range of segmentation operations to meet our specific requirements; for example, when developing a marketing campaign, we can divide our target audience into subsets based on factors such as their level of product familiarity, the frequency with which they make purchases, and their potential lifetime value as customers. It also includes a customer relationship management system that lets us delegate work and monitor both individual and collective productivity.

Pros

With the support of Keap, I am able to automate my clients' operations. Through the use of numerous opt-in methods, I am able to collect leads, develop and release goods, and set up automated distribution schedules for both products and campaign emails. In order to streamline the referral procedure, you can use the referral partner function.

Cons

If a contact does not seem to be actively engaged, Keap will mark it as opted out. To fully take advantage of the program's features, I believe it requires a significant time commitment to study each module and tool.

Response from Keap

Hi Denise,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad to hear tha Keap is an effective solution in your business for lead management, SEO, and more.

Replied 16/09/2022

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Infusionsoft is Broken

As a customer of 7+ years who used to be 100% on-board, even going as far as to fly to Phoenix to attend Infusioncon, I would not recommend Infusionsoft anymore. Pains me to say this. Too many bugs, too many excuses for things not working, not worth the hassle anymore.

Pros

I liked what this product was many years ago. Not so much in recent times.

Cons

Infusionsoft is broken for a few reasons. The first is that all out emails to Yahoo and Telus are bouncing. This is a problem that Infusionsoft has and knows about and has been working on for well over a month. As a result, expect days where some of your emails to Yahoo to go through, and days where none go through at all. For Canadians, that means all Rogers emails will bounce.

The second issues is the lack of knowledge from Infusionsoft's customer service. Expect the person on the other end to have a very small amount of knowledge, and expect that they will go away and ask someone for an answer. If you speak to someone else 5 mins later then expect a completely different answer.

Expect bugs. Lots of bugs. For example, sometimes contact field merging just doesn't work at all. Their workaround solution was to not mention the customers name in the email. "Hello John" should be replaced with "Hello".

Another problem is merchant integration. Infusionsoft (now known as Keap) have slowly but surely been removing 3rd party merchants from working with Infusionsoft. If you use Keap payments which is their own merchanting, then you should be alright. If you use another merchant service then expect things to fail for you. As an example we used Beanstream as our payment gateway until one day we got a message saying that Infusionsoft hasn't been working correctly with Beanstream for a few weeks. I guess having their own merchant inhouse means they can have full control.

Response from Keap

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry that you've been impacted by the industry-wide challenges with email deliverability for Yahoo & AOL. Our team has worked diligently and quickly to improve deliverability by partnering with the Verizon Media group to obtain better insight and solutions in order to improve these rates and provide the best email deliverability possible for our customers. Our efforts are paying off and we are now seeing delivery rates up to 93% and should be entirely resolved in the near future. Regarding the merge issue earlier this year, it has been fixed, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Our QA team has made improvements to reduce the number of known issues for our customers. We would like to be able to provide you with additional assistance and welcome you to please reach out to [email protected] to connect you with a senior customer service support representative. We are here and your success matters to us.
Regards, Sarah, Keap Advocacy Mgr

Replied 20/06/2019

Top Keap Alternatives

Nzole

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Scalable marketing solution

Pros

I like the scalability that comes with the tool which makes it possible to automate marketing campaigns.

Cons

The tool is a bit costly compared to other tools with the same capability

Response from Keap

Hello Nzole,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love to hear that you find Keap to be scaleable and are using it to automate marketing campaigns.

We appreciate your feedback on cost. Our team is always working to add more value to the software.

Replied 15/04/2024

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

It's great that KEAP can keep track of my clients' information

Keap is our primary customer relationship management tool, and it stores not only marketing and sales data but also details on our customers' accounts, such as their plans, employees, invoices, subscriptions, and more.

Pros

The most profitable methods of reporting can be extensively tailored with the entirety of custom fields, saved, and reused over and over again. Some reports may long for additional features common to all reports, but overall the feature set is quite enough.

Cons

It might be difficult to keep track of the background of changes made to corporate paperwork, client paperwork, subscription paperwork, etc. While this is not unprecedented, there are situations when knowing who changed a subscription or configuration is essential but cannot be identified in Keap.

Response from Keap

Hello Rachel,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Keap! We're glad to hear that using Keap has helped reduce the amount of time and effort spent on follow-up.

Thank you for the feedback regarding being able to see more User actions. We went ahead and submitted that as feedback on your behalf.

Replied 22/06/2023

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

It is easy to use and effective for automating campaigns

For tiny, high-tech businesses, we leverage Keap's automatic lead follow-up features. It's an excellent method to keep track of leads and customers, stay organized, and know who to reach first thing in the morning. It can also be used to promote and follow up after trade shows, webinars, and the combination of text and email message marketing.

Pros

For times when I need to take a break from work, it's helpful to have a system in place that automatically follows up with leads. I really like the automated email and text message sending, lead scoring, and reports on who is signing up for webinars.

Cons

Keap is missing crucial functionality and customer support that are essential for any expanding firm. As soon as they left the CRM, all outgoing emails were flagged as spam. The interfaces for their template makers were equally unattractive.

Response from Keap

Hello Sarah,

We're glad to hear that you're pleased with Keap! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We love hearing from users who use automation to give themselves time back.

Replied 04/05/2023
Joane DanElle

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

Designed for advanced marketers!

Overall, I see the benefits of Keap/Infusionsoft and if I had the big budget to hire someone to set it all up, I can see how powerful it could be. But unfortunately, I was sold a solution that I was no where near ready for. I think this is perfect for the advanced marketer who has plenty of experience with funnels, CRM, automation etc. Unfortunately for me, it was too much, too soon!

Pros

I loved how it was an all-in-one platform!

Cons

It was incredibly hard to set up and use because the sales person forgot to mention that it was a robust solution for the more experienced marketer. So when I was first learning to create funnels, Keap/Infusionsoft was just too advanced for me.

Reasons for Choosing Keap

I was looking for an all-in-one marketing platform.

Ontraport and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Keap

It seemed like the best option at the time, however, I didn't realize how advanced I had to be (at the time).

Response from Keap

Hi Joane,
I'm sorry to hear that you found Keap difficult to set up in your business. I encourage you to check out some of our resources - including our onboarding coaching options, our live events designed to help you in your Keap app (https://keap.com/resources/events) and the Keap help center (https://help.keap.com/help) to get better acclimated in your app.

Replied 16/08/2022
Joseph
Joseph

Reviewed on 03/02/2023

"Very complete program I highly recommend."

I have mastered it to the point of obsession and thoroughly enjoy it. It has helped me organize and maintain thousands of data while allowing me to create and send out countless unique marketing campaigns. It's been a long process, and it might be challenging to keep everyone who has to be involved in it well-trained. However, it serves its purpose as a sophisticated customer relationship management system.

Pros

Keap is a great tool for innovative marketing and commercial strategies due to its many compatible connectors. Keap not only meets but also makes it simple to integrate beyond our immediate needs, including lead management, email campaigns, VOIP, and Gmail.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like, however it would save time if you could import numerous emails into a campaign instead of having to write each email from scratch. Also, a simplified contact view would be helpful for basic users who only need access to contact records. Lower-level Keap users get access to a very beautiful basic view, but individuals who need the full suite of features offered by the Keap/Infusionsoft integration will not be able to use it.

Response from Keap

Hello Joseph!

We appreciate the review. We love hearing about how people use Keap to better their businesses.

We are working to further simplify the contact view for Max Classic, be sure to keep an eye out for it in the coming months!

Replied 13/02/2023
Melissa
Melissa

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

A great tool for more advanced small business marketing automation

I've used Infusionsoft twice to accomplish marketing automation that Hubspot didn't handle well.

Pros

Infusionsoft is a great tool for small businesses that need to kick it up a notch with their marketing automation. It offers an easy to use visual workflow builder and although the learning curve is a bit steep, once users get the principles, the customization is a great trade off.

Cons

Infusionsoft does have its quirks and the learning curve can be steep for those who are not technical or logical. Recommend working with a partner to get past this challenge.

Response from Keap

Melissa,
Thank you so much for the high marks. So glad to hear the power of the product is beneficial to you and your business!

Replied 21/01/2020
Jay
Jay
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Lacked Features Needed

You have to pay for customer support. You get only so many hours of help and then every hour after you need to pay. The system was constantly breaking - the Facebook group was filled with irate customers, and we were missing core features that I was very surprised were missing. Overall, we left after 2 months.

Pros

Its CRM is very user-friendly and mobile friendly

Cons

It was missing core automation segmentation features

Response from Keap

Hi Jay. I'm sorry to hear that Keap's feature set didn't fulfill your needs. However, our customer support is free and unlimited for all customers. It's possible that you could be referring to Coaching sessions, which are a paid program.

Replied 15/07/2022
Martin
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

I've never felt so uncared for as a customer

After 3-4 months of use, I want out. All because of the complete lack of customer service and support.

I had high hopes for Keap, not gonna lie. Several other businesses in our industry has been using Infusionsoft (not to be confused with the other Keap offerings), and so it looked as if Keap could be of tremendous value and replace the handful of systems we used previously, allowing us to centralize our customer engagement around one platform.

The migration of our other assets to Keap took a little longer than the max allotted time Keap had promised, and when it did come back it wasn't done. No updates on the progress, nothing of that sort to let your customers know how things are going. And no response from the person in charge a month after "I absolutely plan on looking into this and rectifying any and all issues." He may absolutely plan on doing it, maybe in 2022 but I wouldn't know since he's not responding, and the two customer success managers assigned to me aren't as well.

I had a call with the first customer success manager who seemed awesome, only to be replaced with someone who keeps saying he will call me and email me back. No calls, no emails, no direc responses to emails.

A great platform - mostly - where you can't get Ecommerce unless you opt in for the legacy version of the service, losing all your sales pipelines and deals data, with an excellent marketing automation engine, but terrible email and landing page builders, and atrocious support.

Pros

First I want to give credit where credit is due - Keap is an absolute monster in terms of features and the level of detail in which you can build automations and customer engagements. With well over a decade having started as Infusionsoft, there's plenty of complex structuring and intricate details that you have at your fingertips.

Keap also offers the necessary parts of a complete customer lifecycle management, like sales pipelines and fairly solid contact views, although not as detailed as the HubSpot CRM for example.

The onboarding experience was great and I worked with an expert who knew Keap inside out, and without it, the learning process would have been extremely steep I feel.

However, Keap has custom fields and forms that you can use to tag and tie data to customers with, which makes it very powerful and offers excellent customization features, something I find very valuable to meet our business needs, versus being boxed in, in a one-size-fits-all contact view.

Cons

While the strength of Keap is its richness in detail with which you can create various engagements and automations, it's also overwhelming in the beginning to wrap yourself around that part. They could do a better job of integrating their knowledgebase inside the app to give relevant sources of information.

Missing systems prompts and UI flaws.
There are some issues with the UI that are counter-productive, like the search field at the top of the dashboard only being limited to search for contacts, instead of the entire dashboard. Similarly, when you create a contact you have three options to tag them with; lead/client/other. If you don't mark the contact with any of these and click 'Save', you'll never find out that it's required to select one, no prompts. And they can't be edited, and you can't add additional options for reasons unknown.

The landing page and email builders are just outright bad.
With so many builders out on the market, and with it being such a central part of marketing, it's surprising that the builder is so immature. The focus has been on building out the marketing automation of Keap, and the builders are feeling the lack of love. We wanted to shift our need of having to use Instapage as part of our marketing stack, but with the builder being so darn bad, I may need to keep it, which for us means Keap is less value for money.

Email and landing page templates are sorely lacking.

No Ecommerce available for Max, only through the legacy version.

Ontraport

Reasons for Choosing Keap

We wanted to build our CRM and marketing tools around a single platform instead of a handful of them.

Reasons for Switching to Keap

Keap looked to be more mature and is widely used in our industry as the platform of choice.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

Real hit or miss

Great software but really lacking on the customer support end. Towards the end when the bills increased and began to add up, we were told by customer service that we could be put on a special payment plan. This was great news, but unfortunately the sales team did not communicate with the tech team, who permanently deleted our data off their systems before the financial arrangement could be setup. Fortunately we backed up most of our data, but that lack of communication could have been disastrous for any other business.

Pros

They were able to customize the software so that it met our needs as a database for managing subscribers. There was virtually no downtime in the years we were with this company. Once users were trained on certain tasks, it was very easy for employees to pick up the software and become comfortable with it.

Cons

The pricing structure charges by the amount of contacts you have. We logged every sale into this database from even one-time customers, which added up over the years to a point where we were paying hundreds each month for a database of users who were not active. The underlying system also seems to be geared towards companies who are interested in cold calls and commission-type sales jobs. While they did customize their software to fit our needs we were still warned that we were required to send communications through their specialized tracking system in order to measure engagement and leads. Our regular email blasts were not considered good enough.

Response from Keap

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that once trained, your employees easily picked up Keap and became comfortable with their assigned tasks.

We're sorry to hear that you didn't leave on good terms. If you'd like to reach out to our team, we're happy to look further into your payment plan situation.

Replied 27/06/2023
  • Industry: International Affairs

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Infusionsoft refuses to make simple fixes. Terrible for business to business!

I'm business to business and have spend over $100,000 on development to overcome its inadequacies.

Pros

Not sure. It has lots of functionality but most everything is clunky. Only comes with 99 custom fields and you can't modify the home screen. When you click around it always defaults you to a place you don't want to be. If you look up a contact it insists on defaulting you to first name and it has a nasty delay. So if you want to search by company you will start typing and then after the delay it will switch you to first name. You can't choose the view to do your lookups and it defaults to the record view, which I never use. So every time I do a search that turns up multiple records I have to click on the list view. Another infuriating thing is that if you want to sort by a field in list view it defaults to zto a instead of a to z. They will never fix anything even if it is a 2 minute fix.

Cons

It uses a flat database that is terrible for business to business. No primary fields or tags so if you add a company contact there is no way to tag or have company related field data updated to the new contact without expensive api coding from your website. They added linkedin, facebook and twitter years agobut didn't include the fields in the mass update section. What does this mean? When linkedin changed their url format I was stuck with over 3000 records with bad url's. So with any of their other fields you lookup the filled fields and then you choose mass update contacts and click on the allow blank fields to remove existing data. Well they didn't include the fields here so you can't do it. Maybe just export the records and replace the filled fields with empty into a csv file and import to remove the data. That doesn't work either. Blank field data won't replace filled data in a modify existing records merge. If you try chat support you will more than likely get a foreign support person (mine was from the Phillipines) who will act like he or she has never heard of this problems and make you explain it over and over and ask you to do a million unnecessary tests. I finally became so frustrated that I called support, got someone who at least admitted that it was impossible to fix. All the while I had the chat person on still instructing me to do more tests. The phone support person kept trying to get me to drop chat but I made her see how ridiculous it was.

Damian

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Too complicated and hidden $$$ - you'll spend thousands more.

1. The logic of the CRM was so complicated, that you need to talk to your "expert" if you want to make any adjustments.

2. My email deliverability was not good - in fact there were a few months where the links in my emails that had the Keap training code (which was all of them) were seen as MALWARE by google chrome. Keap took NO accountability. Even though they sent me a support message detailing the issue.

Pros

I thought it was going to manage all of my CRM, Email Marketing and Reporting...but in order to interface with the Infusionsoft/Keap platform I needed to continually hire experts who tried charging me $3,500 per month on top of what I was paying Keap.

Cons

Way too complicated. When you sign up, included in your set up is the cost for an expert -- who you think is working for Keap...but they're an independent contractor who is being paid a cut rate to get you up and running. After your set up, they will charge you THOUSANDS to fix and adjust your account.

Nathan
Nathan

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

InfusionSoft - Great CRM software

The overall experience has been quite enlightening on how process flows are vital to making your business function correctly. My application is primarily used as a lead management system and not all our employees use InfusionSoft, which meant I had to integrate InfusionSoft with Google Sheets which makes it easier for my sales team to acquire data to leads as they come in. Most of my time is spent in campaign builder and I am currently overhauling our current lead process and I keep learning new things everyday on how to program logic to suit our business needs.

Pros

What I like most about InfusionSoft is the functionality and its endless possibilities. The Campaign Builder has an easy to use interface with limitless possibilities that can be constructed to suit your unique business needs. With a great email builder as well to create those beautiful calls to action that will surely ignite your leads' desire to buy whatever you are selling. I specifically manage the database of leads and users and find it to be quite user friendly, InfusionSoft will warn you about an increase in bad email addresses, allowing you enough time to clean it up before it affects your business badly. Another great aspect is the help provided by agents via the Chat facility, you can chat live with an InfusionSoft assistant to help you with any problems you might have. I find it extremely helpful in times when I am unsure of what to do.

Cons

While I do have high praise for the campaign builder and its limitless possibilities, this can also be a problem as when I first started using the software; I didn't know what was what. There is basic training available, but I don't feel it adequately explains the possibilities of what can be done. To fully unlock the potential of InfusionSoft, some additional training will be required.

Response from Keap

Hi Nathan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We truly appreciate your input - especially hearing from what I would call a "power user" :)

Cheers,
Sarah, Advocacy Manager at Infusionsoft

Replied 13/12/2018

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

I used to be a huge supporter but the company has gone downhill! Problems are becoming to much!

Not really going to give you what some of the big CRMs offer, so don't expect that, but it does let you do the emails in HTML format for broadcast emails and track open rates, it also lets you do anything you build the campaign for with the right add-ons from other companies. You will definitely need plus this if you want to send text messages. Also be aware that the email marketing is severely limited because of the spam filters being set so high even when someone signs up for contact online.

Pros

I really like the way campaigns operate and that you can install forms directly into the website. It is something where you get what you pay for and it shows. While they offer a way to get things done it is not always the easiest or smartest way. There are usually ways to work around issues but not direct solutions.

Cons

What I have found is that there are real problems with integrations and each update seems to cause added glitches. The whole identifying that we have permission to respond to someone who contacts us online is a giant pain. I know that they don't want to assist spammers but they are making it harder for us to respond. Often we have to go in and send out a confirmation email to someone in order to put them into an appointment reminder campaign. Which is absolutely ridiculous. If they have an appointment we are not spamming them. The other issues are the integrations that they blame the party trying to integrate with and they offer ZERO assistance on their end. They make you go find developers instead of having people on staff who could charge per integration. It is annoying and makes integrating much harder than it should be! Also even using Zapier we have had issues with integrating, It causes multiples of contacts to be sent and then it causes the problems with making it work correctly to the point we just disconnected!

Sofia

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

An efficient CRM solution

Overall, I have had an excellent experience with Keap. It is a great all-in-one CRM platform that is easy to use and provides great customer service. The only downside is that it can be a bit pricey, but if you are looking for an all-in-one CRM platform, Keap is a great choice.

Pros

Keap is an incredibly user-friendly all-in-one CRM platform that makes it easy to manage customer relationships. I love how quickly I can access customer data and generate reports. The customer service team is also incredibly helpful and always on hand to answer any questions I might have.

Cons

The one downside of Keap is that it can be a bit pricey for some businesses. However, if you are looking for an all-in-one CRM platform that is easy to use and has great customer service, Keap is a great choice.

Response from Keap

Hello Sofia,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience with Keap. We greatly appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you find Keap to be efficient and user-friendly.

Regarding your comment on pricing, we understand that affordability is an important consideration for businesses. We constantly strive to provide a valuable solution at a competitive price.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and your endorsement of Keap.

Replied 21/06/2023
Jeremy

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

Using Keap for almost a year for our Landscaping Company

It has worked well with our small landscaping company, giving us better management of marketing, automations we didn't have before, and better lead capturing and appointment managing.Keap has been pretty good with customer service as well, and that's obviously critical.

Pros

We really like the ability to have contact and lead management, group texting, email marketing, and automations all housed under one software roof for an affordable price point. Many other softwares have a really strong service offering, but competely lack other services.Oftentimes they try to accomodate that by stacking softwares, which can work, but creates a silo effect that can be time-consuming to setup and maintain, as well as being pricier than expected.Keap does a pretty good job of covering a lot of bases with one in-house software system. They do have some weaknesses, but overall they've got a good system that could easily be built out even further.

Cons

Our least favorite things about Keap would be the lack of a menu option for the business phone line. It does not work well if you have more than one person answering or making calls, and sending messages. We would also like to see more flexibility in terms of Zapier integrations. Zapier integration works pretty well, but there are fields such as contact status, removing a deal from the pipeline, and other fields/operations we would like to see available to Zapier.Lastly, their method of labeling phone numbers needs updated. Currently the "work" type is the option you want to choose for text marketing.

Response from Keap

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Wen understand the importance of having and all-in-one solution and are happy to hear that Keap has covered a lot of your bases.

Your feedback on the Keap Business Line and Zapier has been duly noted and will be communicated to our team.

Replied 31/10/2023
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 15/07/2017

Horrible Customer Service Sold A $4,600.00 Plan and Kept Stopping Email Send Outs

Terrible company. A customer service run-a-round.

Pros

Absolutely None, this field is requiring 100 characters minimum. Infusionsoft does not have any pros

Cons

Our company has requests from industry professionals that have directly requested to receive specific information from our company. Our single newsletter kept getting stopped from send out by Infusionsoft because they claimed supposed Spam rates in excess of 0.1%. According to Jacob Hoiby if 2,000 people on a list request information and 1 person of the initial send out of 1,000 e-mails clicks on the Spam button rather than Delete or Unsubscribe then too bad for the other 1,000 people who requested the information, they won't get it because Infusionsoft won't send out the remainder of the email list. Sadly, according to Infusionsoft's logic those other 1,000 potential recipient's desires don't matter. Sadly too our world is plagued by some lazy people who find it easier to just click the Spam button. Despite the unreasonability of some less than caring people, we expected Infusionsoft to reasonably send out our email newsletters which was the purpose of the product and service we purchased. Instead, they chose to view only the 0.1% Spam rate and disregard the opens rate of our lists ranging from 12% to 20% within 24 hours. The most significant problem was the extensive amount of time our company spent during the past 2 weeks trying to work with multiples of their less than knowledgeable customer service members. Today alone was in excess of 10 hours of time. Save your company money and time DO NOT bother trying to work with Infusionsoft. They will hold to their claim that the industry requires a less than 0.1% spam rate. They will disregard your concerns. They will try to tell you that you need a "healthy" email list. This is not rocket science people. It's a list of first names, last names and email addresses from people whom provided that information which is compiled in a data file uploaded to their system. How much "healthier" can we possibly get? Unfortunately, the world is "unhealthy" because there are a few lazy bad apples that somehow find it easier to click Spam then unsubscribe or delete when they no longer have an interest. Unfortunately, the world is plagued with "unhealthy" companies like Infusionsoft that sell a service, but refuse to deliver the service they sold claiming that they have to keep at high standards. Their service does not produce any better marketing delivery either. Numerous newsletters landed in peoples Promotions and Spam folders. Infusionsoft does not have a better delivery mode to In-Boxes as they claim. I hope sharing our experience can help save another company the extreme headaches, cost and sheer waste of time we have endured during the past 2 weeks attempting to deal with Infusionsoft.

Erica D.
Erica D.

Reviewed on 06/09/2018

Great if you need no web integration or visualized reports, terrible otherwise

We got InfusionSoft primarily to be able to send automated email campaigns based off of actions people were taking on our web app. We were led to believe that they had the RESTful API infrastructure for this, and so we went for it. Also, we were told we'd have to have the ecommerce product to meet our goals, and in our onboarding we learned that we actually did not.

Coming up on 10 months later, it is the worst business decision we ever made. Their REST API is not fully functional, and when presented with issues, their Dev team suggests that you switch to using their old API [with which our integration is not compatible, and which they are working to sunset anyway]. Worse, they require manual reauthentication of the API token on a regular basis AND the support for their API is outsourced and is unresponsive and unhelpful. When a reauthentication error took place that essentially mooted our entire integration two months ago, they took weeks to get back with us. Now, since we've moved to their new interface, there is no way to opt-in our users so we can send them emails [the only people we put in the CRM are people who registered accounts on our site]. This has rendered InfusionSoft 100% useless, and all our integration work is trash.

Pros

The campaign builder is easy to learn and easy to use, as well as the email builder. It will get all your basics taken care of there, and being able to preview an desktop AND mobile was a huge pro.

Cons

It is very difficult to navigate to what you need, even with adequate training. Nothing is intuitive, and all of the reports are just lists of contacts filtered for something.
Most importantly, this tool is not adequate if you're wanting to integrate at all. Even they say that you may need to hire an InfusionSoft partner to manage your tool for you to use it to the best of its capability. I would argue that if you need to hire a specialist to use your SaaS for you, your SaaS is not a good tool.

Response from Keap

Hi Erica,

I am truly sorry to hear that you have had such a frustrating experience. I have looked into your case history and it sounds like, unfortunately, your recent API ticket just did not get to the appropriate team quickly enough. API support is not outsourced, but it sounds like you initially worked with our contracted support team and there was a delay in getting your ticket with our advanced team.

We apologize for the experience, and have reached out to resolve the issue, as well as refunded you for this period. Again, this is not the experience we want for our customers and we understand your frustration completely.

Regards,
Sarah, Advocacy Manager

Replied 10/09/2018
Austin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 06/06/2017

Solid Tool for Small Businesses

Pros

Infusionsoft isn't a perfect tool, but it's a solid choice for a small business without ambitions to scale rapidly (i.e. think accounting firm, not tech startup). The "all-in-one" nature of the tools is excellent as it simplifies marketing and sales operations for businesses without the resources to hire a dedicated person to manage disparate solutions and the integrations needed to make them interact. The campaign builder is pretty easy-to-use, the landing page editor is making serious strides, and the email editor is pretty great and requires zero HTML/CSS knowledge. The referral module is useful, especially for businesses just wanting a simple affiliate program. While I have a few gripes with the API, the available integrations are impressive. Some in the space (read: Zoho) really limit these as they want to force your hand to use their solutions, Infusionsoft doesn't. They offer a landing page builder but provide a great LeadPages integration. They offer eComm, but offer a great Shopify integration. Their consultant/partner network is impressive as well. Lots of specialized help available for customers who want it.

Cons

The campaign builder is great for a novice (i.e. the target market) but limiting for a more advanced user. I.e, you can't spark an action from an opened email or field value changing. The lead scoring isn't flexible, which is limiting for an organization with unique needs or a clear vision. The shopping cart and storefront builder aren't what I would call slick or flexible but hey.. they integrate with Shopify and many others if you need better. The USPS shipping integration leaves a lot to be desired, real-time estimates would be great. The CRM has almost no customization. Simply being able to hide unwanted fields would be a huge benefit to usability.

Lloyd

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

Keap Max Classic: Painfully powerful

Keap Max Classic: It does the job supporting our business. But none of us like using it. We have too many integrations and automations set up that it would just be too arduous to switch.

Pros

Keap Max Classic: It has a lot of features to support businesses that need the room to scale up. It is pretty powerful in what it can do.

Cons

Keap Max Classic: It is convoluted, complex, and confusing. We had to make custom forms and interfaces for our staff because everyone was too confused working directly within Keap. It is also SLOW. Most functions are not snappy. Creating and maintaining campaigns get really confusing really quickly once you graduate from the simplest of campaigns.

Response from Keap

Hello Lloyd,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Keap Max Classic! We appreciate your feedback on both the pros and cons.

It's great to hear that you find the software to be powerful and that it has a lot of features to support businesses as they scale up.

Our team is working to update Max Classic further to add more powerful features and improve ease of use across the board. We also offer free courses from our Keap Academy team, which may prove useful to your team members if they need extra knowledge on the software to make their day to day easier.

We encourage you to reach out to support so that we can get you in touch with your account manager. They should be able to get you some help and resources.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Replied 12/10/2023
Karen

Reviewed on 14/10/2017

Infusionsoft helps me capture and convert leads by combining the best of CRM and marketing...

The ecosystem of Infusionsoft is almost as important as the software itself. You can create a software stack with a number of different add-ons which can accomplish most anything. There are programs that help with scheduling (Appointment Core), membership sites (Memberium), integration with Facebook audiences (Sync2CRM), text messaging (Plus This) and countless others. Infusionsoft has an API with which it is easy to integrate and many platforms within the community have done just that.

Pros

Infusionsoft simply has the best "all-in-one CRM" for the price. The marketing automation section of Infusionsoft includes a visual campaign builder for automated emails which I consider one of the best in the industry. The ability to create beautiful, mobile-responsive landing pages simply adds to the value of the automation. Pairing this automation with a CRM with robust capability for sales follow-up is what creates the value. The e-commerce and tracking reports are just a bonus.

Cons

Infusionsoft includes basic Lead Generation reports but true ROI reports require add-ons, such as Wicked Reports or Graphly. Such reports are critical for understanding from where your leads are generated and how to refine your marketing. Despite this being a downside, I would add that a software stack of Infusionsoft and Wicked Reports is often less expensive and more effective than other CRM alternatives. Additionally, Infusionsoft is planning to release advanced analytics baked into the platform shortly, or so I have heard.

Debbie

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

Keap from a Person who is not techie

Business Problems that could be Solved by Keap:Keap is a powerful customer relationship management (CRM) platform that helps businesses manage customers, track leads, automate marketing, and more. It can help businesses to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and maximize sales. It can also help them to better understand their customers, segment them for targeted marketing, and build better relationships.Benefits of Using Keap:Keap is a comprehensive CRM platform that helps businesses streamline their operations and maximize their sales. It is easy to use and provides users with a range of features and services that can help them to better manage customers, track leads, automate marketing, and more. It is also highly customizable and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of the user. Additionally, Keap offers competitive pricing plans that make it an affordable option for businesses of all sizes.

Pros

Keap is an easy-to-use, all-in-one customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation solution that helps small businesses grow.• Keap provides a variety of tools to manage contacts, automate tasks, and maximize customer engagement.• It is customizable and scalable, allowing businesses to tailor their solutions to their needs.• Keap offers integrations with popular third-party applications, making it easy to sync data and automate processes.• The platform provides access to a team of in-house experts to assist with setup and training.

Cons

Keap is more expensive than some of its competitors, so it may not be the most cost-effective solution for small businesses.• The user interface can be confusing and difficult to navigate for new users.• The customer support is limited, and the response time can be slow.• Keap is more expensive than some of its competitors, so it may not be the most cost-effective solution for small businesses.• The user interface can be confusing and difficult to navigate for new users.• The customer support is limited, and the response time can be slow.

Response from Keap

Hello Debbie,

Thank you for leaving us a review.
It sounds like you've utilized many of Keap's features to help streamline and automate your business. We love hearing that!

Replied 07/03/2023
ANTHON
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 18/09/2017

Infusionsoft is one of the best purchases I have ever made

Automation in email marketing, a place where I can store all my contacts, the ability to stay in front of my customers, return customers due to the fact that they don't forget about us. My time is also freed up so I am able to accomplish more in my day.

Pros

-This software is pretty easy to use for most basic applications.
-There are many options and nearly endless uses for Infusionsoft. If you can think of a way you want to use it, the support team can help you implement it.
-The automation of this software is what I love the most about it. At first, you spend a good amount of time setting everything up but once it is set up it runs pretty much all on its own. Saving you time.
The support for infusionsoft is one of the best I have ever dealt with. They go above and beyond to help you figure it out. Your success really is their success.

Cons

If you want to do some of the more details campaigns it can get a little tricky. If you are not spending a lot of time on the software you may forget how to do some things that you don't do on a regular basis. The support team is usually happy to help or get someone who can.

Response from Keap

Hi Anthon,
We agree - your success is our success! Thank you for your kind words about Infusionsoft and the support team. We're happy to hear about all the benefits the automation has had on you and your business. Thank you for writing a review!

Replied 19/09/2017