Jackrabbit Dance Reviews

About Jackrabbit Dance

Jackrabbit is a cloud-based dance studio management solution that is suitable for studios of all sizes. Key features include online registration and payments, recurring billing, QuickBooks integration, costume management and...

4.2
4.8

Browse Jackrabbit Dance Reviews

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Satisfied but could be more.

We love this for customer interaction and management. Bill pay is easy and straight forward. This falls short of being a total studio solution in my opinion however. Feel free to reach out to me for more ideas, I would even be interested in long term product development if you want.

Pros

I love how many options there are for reports and options within the report.

Cons

I would love for this software to have better inventory management and store management features. Also, hour tacking/employee scheduling is a little bit lacking. I have been using Homebase for hour tracking. Would be nice to us JR but the software is lacking.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! We¿re thrilled that you love the reporting functions. We hope you continue to get value from all of our features as your business grows. Please send us your ideas through the "send idea" button in your portal, we'd love to hear from you.

Replied 14/12/2018
Chad
  • Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

One of the most important tools in our studio

We've been a Jackrabbit studio since 2011. We have enjoyed growing with the company and taking advantage of their features to help grow our studio year-after-year. They constantly work to improve their software listening to their clients to incorporate their ideas into new features.

Pros

We most enjoy the online parent portal and automatic payment options. It makes collecting fees easy and seamless for our staff and families. Their online registration process through the parent portal is also clean and easy for our families.

Cons

Credit card processing fees through their third-party payment processor are high. We would also enjoy a more comprehensive and inclusive lead collection and tracking feature in the software.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Hi Chad! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you're interested, we just released a feature called Surcharges that can help you save money on processing fees. Please reach out to our team if you are interested!

Replied 22/03/2024
Amy

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Jackrabbit review

Stressful. I have not gotten a full understanding of the program. I implemented it this year and each time I look at it, I tend do use the same features that I have figured out for sure. I am still unsure if certain things went through or if I did things correctly. Many things did not flow easily as the coach explained. I would not be able to do any of it without the coaching. I appreciate that it is easy for most of my families. It is just stressful for me.

Pros

It integrates well with websites another systems. It tries to address many dance world features for large dance studios/businesses.

Cons

There are so many things/drop downs/sections to click on to make one basic thing happen. It is overwhelming to use due to the variety and numerous details that are always on the screen. Some steps take 2-3 steps to accomplish. The overall look is congested with many reports, graphs, statistics and numbers that are visual all the time. It is overwhelming with so much information or steps to take to use the program. Navigating through it take help from their coaching no matter what. For artistic individuals, it is over the top business arranged with statistics and listings.

The Studio Director

Reasons for Switching to Jackrabbit Dance

Pricing. The Studio Director charges to use their bank draft/credit card processing companies, plus the fees the company charges, plus the fees for the program. During this pandemic time, money is important and finding ways to keep the studio open and running for others is priority. This program was out of necessity at this time. I hope it ends up being a helpful tool.

Top Jackrabbit Dance Alternatives

Joyce

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

How Jackrabbit Dance has helped.

Overall I feel it has helped our business to be more successful and helped our customers to have more payment options.

Pros

I especially like being able to see all student and family information from any where with the online system.

Cons

There is a lot to learn. I feel like we still don’t utilize all the features that are available.

Debbie
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

The best software for customer support

I am so happy that I acquired the Jackrabbit software for my dance studio. Enrollment, taking payments, tracking staff payroll, attendance and so many other features, have saved me valuable time. My office staff can now handle things much more confidently without me which means I can put my attention to my students. My studio is more profitable, my records more accurate and very importantly, I can access this information from any computer or my phone!

Pros

Changing software is always difficult and usually intimidating. The most important feature is good customer support! From the very beginning, the support team has made me feel at ease and confident. When I have a question, there are several ways to get an answer in Jackrabbit. I appreciate being able to get help in depth and sometimes very quickly. This also gives me confidence to keep applying more of the features to my business.

Cons

The discounts that I offer seem to pose a problem for JR. I have had differing opinions from support members as to how to handle this. I still have to put more manual hours in posting tuition than I would like. I also wish that the Costume Management feature was a bit more friendly. The absolute worst thing about JR is that their "per student fee" includes students from a family that are no longer current students. I wish they would let me put all past students in a lead file and not just the whole family.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Jackrabbit is an effective software for Dance Studios

Customer service is top notch and second to none. I am never afraid to ask for help. Feel that at time suggestions for software updates get pushed back despite many clients asking for these changes. Overall, highly recommend the software for businesses like ours. The pros far outlays the cons.

Pros

Online registration and Parent Portal services revolutionized our business. Cut down on administrative paperwork by hundreds of hours a year.

Cons

Need a better system for drop-in class passes, quicker set up for booking private lessons in the same time slot every week but with different people, would prefer an easier method of differentiating between monthly charges and one time payment classes so that administratively we could batch fees quicker every month. Better organization of email templates. Ability for teachers to place notes on accounts that are unseen by parents while in the Staff portal.

Rachel

Reviewed on 16/03/2022

Lisa's Dance Connection

I learn the most with the live chat agents. I'm thankful for that feature. We have something odd happening every once and a while where "JTech" posts things and I cannot track which employee actually posted a charge or did something in the portal. I spoke with a live agent and she didn't understand why that was happening either.

Pros

After using DanceManager on a desktop without cloud capabilities since the 1990s, Jackrabbit is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

I want portal messages from customers as a notification or a tab on my executive dashboard. It is annoying to go to the sent emails in reports every day to check. (I know we receive emails but my email address sends all Jackrabbit automatic emails to spam because it would overwhelm my inbox.)

We also were frustrated in the beginning because we bought a card reader through SafeSave and it was not Mac compatible and we are stuck with it. We are using our Chase credit card processor for in person purchases, SafeSave for online purchases (or in-person requesting to use card on file), and Square when at performances/competitions. We desperately need something to read cards and update the customer's account simultaneously. (Rather than us charging the card and entering that they paid)

SportsEngine Motion and DanceStudio-Pro

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

We needed a cloud-based software with POS capabilities. (Our statements from Dance Manager would not put the date over 1999 - that is how old our system was!)

Dance Manager

Reasons for Switching to Jackrabbit Dance

We had studio owner friends would recommended Jackrabbit and we liked talking to you at trade shows.

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

Lots of valuable features

Overall Jackrabbit is full of features and also has amazing customer service.

Pros

Billing/payments, ease of use, and valuable features make Jackrabbit Dance a real asset.

Cons

Sometimes the feature functionality in the Performance Features doesn't meet our current needs. Each year, Jackrabbit updates its functions and adds new elements!

Meghan

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Easy and convenient

Pros

Integrated payments are huge for our business. It saves us hundreds of hours per year of admin work.

Cons

There’s many many features that can get overwhelming if you don’t take the time to learn them.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 26/03/2022

JackRabbit keeps all our data, slowly improving ease of use/aesthetics/reporting

Customer Service is usually great! Everyone is friendly and help as much as the software will allow!

Pros

That all our student data is in one spot. I love the Recital Module for Dance Concert show planning and show program printing. I like that you can have classes and events.

Cons

I feel like as aesthetics have been improving little by little, ease of use has not. It's really difficult to get certain reports that would be helpful from the new grids. Costume management is helpful to a point, events are a plus but a bit clunky when trying to set up/use/train someone on them. People are still hoping for more payment options (with multiple people paying). That texting requires another party and fee.

Kim

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Great System for class management

Customer service bar none is the best out there! They never make you feel dumb for asking questions and troubleshoot alongside you to customize the software to what your individual needs are.

Pros

The ability to have many systems all in 1 place: Student accounts, Classroom attendance, Costuming, Payroll, Recital feature... All great under 1 app. Love the mobile app feature as well.

Cons

Hard to set up.. lots of buttons. Lot of questions to set up student accounts turn off potential customers. Inability to link to outside marketing sources for lead tracking and marketing.

The Studio Director

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Compudance customer service was awful and slow. They were forcing us to use their "new" software when I had already purchased the software to use offline. Jackrabbit was a better fit for our school since we had to change to an online platform.

Reasons for Switching to Jackrabbit Dance

Customer service. I was not talked "down to" for my pricing structure.
Heather-Ami

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

Always Coming Back

Very good. Have been using with multiple studios for the last 5 years.

Pros

Simple, straight forward, easy to export to excel.

Cons

Price is quite high. There are sometimes TOO many features, that it is hard to know where to look for something.

Graille
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 12/03/2022

Jackrabbit Dance Review

I prefer this software over others. Easy to learn, easy to use; staff and parents happy with both sides of system.

Pros

All of the reports help with making our business run smoother. Client management is streamlined. Parent Portal is easily accessible.

Cons

I don't have anything that I like the least. It would be nice to mass archive and mass enroll students. Costume section needs improvement in order to actually place orders (if that's what the goal is).

Andrea

Reviewed on 16/03/2022

Fantastic Customer Service and Ease of Use!

Fantastic! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was especially wonderful during our roll out!

Pros

Jackrabbit has a fantastic team that were great holding our hands as we implemented Jackrabbit from scratch! Yes, we used spreadsheets and docs to manage our dance studio prior to this roll-out! The folks at Jackrabbit have been available for any question to ensure our success along the way! Our families love the ease of us, being able to easily enroll in classes, and overall user-friendliness of the software.

Cons

We have had a lot of feedback from parents wishing that they could have a calendar with classes listed by day/hour where they could click the class to see the description and then easily enroll if interested. Some are only available on certain days and this would be far easier to see than the current "list" feature currently offered.

CompuDance

Reasons for Switching to Jackrabbit Dance

I've used StudioDirector elsewhere and it was just too expensive for our needs here. CompuDance came a close second, but overall, we loved the customer service with Jackrabbit. We've been very happy.
Jana

jack rabbit review

consistent. They provide opportunity for feedback and conversation. Offer live or in-person set-up and software training so businesses can operate independently

Pros

Multiple features and ability to handle a large amount of clientele information securely

Cons

Analytic features were lacking from the previous software used - Where clients are from to create more targeted marketing. Not being able to see easily who is missing each evening without running daily reports. Some features I do to use fully due to the report or printing layout

Keri

Reviewed on 04/07/2016

We love Jackrabbit!

We started with Jackrabbit over 4 years ago. I was brand new to our dance studio and the system was still on a "trial" version. As a new faculty member I knew from the trial that the software was going to take us in the right direction as our studio grew more each season.
In the beginning we started using the most basic features and each year we learn and add more - kindof the way our business grows.
For us, the absolute most-important feature that makes us continue to stay with Jackrabbit over any other software/company/etc is the customer service. We can get help to some of our toughest (and silliest) questions so quickly via email, phone or the Jackrabbit Facebook Community. It really is above and beyond any other company we've dealt with. <3 Thank you Jackrabbit!! <3

Pros

-Customization options to suit our business as it grows
-integration options into our studio website
-CUSTOMER SERVICE any time we need it. (sometimes on holidays/weekends when they aren't supposed to be working!)
-Options for tracking both families and staff
-The new Staff Portal is great, we're excited to implement it in the new season.
-We love the fact that Jackrabbit is constantly growing and improving.
There's more! Lots more!

Cons

-No automatic payments from a bank account for Canadian customers (for us to pay our monthly fees to Jackrabbit) <- this is the one and only reason we've looked at other companies. As a studio that does not run on any credit cards - going to the bank to load a debit-visa type card is very time consuming.
-The process to setup accepting payments for online registrations has been very time consuming (we're very-much looking forward to the day we can be done with it!)

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

We are so happy to hear that you have had such great experience with our customer support team! We care so much about our customers. We understand it can be overwhelming when you start a new software, but we are thrilled that you have seen your business grow. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, so please let our support team know what frustrations you are having with setting up ePayments.

Replied 11/07/2016
Rebecca

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

JR Customer Service is top-notch, if only their programmers could keep up

Pros

JR Customer Service and training representatives are soooo helpful. The chat function within the database is crucial to getting answers, strategies RIGHT away. When the chat function is open, you are never waiting more than 90 seconds for a rep. If the rep needs to work on a solution they will always provide you with a response within 24hrs. It's incredible service compared to other software.

Cons

Let me get out my programming wishlist...
1. customize the staff portal attendance options, need more than just 'late', 'left-early', 'observed' and why only when they are absent, why isn't there options or even a notes field when they are in attendance?
2. closed dates vs. cancelled classes, there is no way to reflect a single cancelled class without marking the whole class as absent, that messes up the attendance reporting calculation, c'mon now, this one has been asked for for years in the idea portal!
3. google calender, apple calendar, etc. integration - this seems like a no brainer
4. there are no customized or ANY form fields in emails or text messages - why not? again a no brainer
5. private lesson module - it doesn't exists
6. needs to have integration with other cloudbase software, email marketing as an example

Autumn

Reviewed on 19/06/2023

Very satisfied with Jackrabbit!

I'm very satisfied with Jackrabbit itself and with its helpful team! I would recommend it to others!

Pros

Online registration, online payments and invoicing, the POS system, the extensive reports available to run, and the revenue chart comparisons. I have to say these are my favorite features. They made running my studio so easy. I was able to see at a glance everything that was happening internally, from the financial aspect to how my classes were being filled and who was behind or ahead on tuition.

Cons

Perhaps this is just me, but I feel the layout of Jackrabbit's many different features could be improved somewhat. The font (a little on the small size) and drop-downs- especially when there are many drop downs and options to choose from, such as when customizing a report- can be confusing and cause a bit of a headache. I think that some slight design changes to their appearance will be a little easier on the eyes. I understand Jackrabbit is very functional in appearance, which is fine, no need for a whole aesthetic overhaul, but sometimes the layout is a little confusing.I also found that most of my dance parents (and me too for the first year of using Jackrabbit) got confused by their statements. Perhaps a change in the statement format to more clearly differentiate what was and paid, what they owe.

Tamika

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

My truth about Jackrabbit

Pros

Jackrabbit is a good dance management system in terms of registration and getting classes set up. Their customer service is great and are very good at listening to make changes.

Cons

Jackrabbit is a bit antiquated when it comes to accounting procedures and student management. The system should allow for multiple students on one account. Parents should be able to sign in and pay on each child based on their separate fees. It would also be great if they added a feature where studios can create and apply separate payment amounts for their dancers who are in performance companies. Right now it is very hard to apply fees and adding additional accounts will require additional costs on the studio.

DanceStudio-Pro
Vivian

Reviewed on 22/03/2022

We love Jackrabbit!

Our collections improved immensely once we started using Jackrabbit. This is probably the most important value for our company. The other features (billing/invoicing, online registration, connection to the website, staff hours, etc.) have also contributed to streamlining our day to day operations.

Pros

We have 2 studio locations, with some customers who attend class at both locations. Jackrabbit allows our staff at either location to look up and handle transactions for any customer. We love how easy customers can enroll in classes and make their payments from their family portal. We love the "Batch" system, in which we are able to process multiple transactions each month. Jackrabbit data feeds into our website, which is another way to attract new customers. And, we absolutely depend on the RECITAL feature to help us prepare our show order and avoid so many "quick changes" - this has helped our shows run so smoothly over the years!

Cons

There are a few small small things that we discover from time to time that would be helpful....and so we love the ability to send in an "IDEA" to customer service, and to see if other studios have submit a similar idea. It's especially rewarding when Jackrabbit incorporates these ideas, which is very often. Jackrabbit is always evolving and improving....and we apprecitate it so much.

Rose

Reviewed on 11/03/2022

Best for group class programs

For my responsibilities, general admin stuff and costume management, Jackrabbit has been fine. I think the interface could probably be a little more user friendly, but overall I think it's a great option for studios.

Pros

Jackrabbit makes managing classes pretty easy. Enrolling/withdrawing students, setting class parameters and pre-requisites, and there is like an endless amount of reports that you can pull to get basically any data set you could need.

Cons

The costume management features could definitely be improved. Editing costume pieces doesn't always update properly across all the students it's assigned to when you save, it's difficult to find a naming convention that works for orders because of limitations, and it would be really helpful to have an outseam measurement field. Student lists also aren't automatically alphabetized which ends up requiring extra steps of exporting reports into excel to resort data. For a small to medium size studio these things probably wouldn't be that big of a deal, but as a very large studio ordering 2000+ costume pieces these things can add a lot of extra work. Overall the costume management isn't awful, but for a software that is EXTREMELY customizable in like every other way, I wish it had more to offer in this aspect.

Belisa

Reviewed on 21/06/2023

I have used other systems and this one is better than the others.

Pros

They system is easy to use and helps keep the business organized.

Cons

My least favorite thing is when a class is added at a different time, it doesn’t always calculate the tuition properly. There is also a glitch when trying to post tuition to a particular family, it won’t let you select the family even though it’s a choice.

Jessica

Ajax Dance Company’s experience

So far so good.

Pros

We love the parent portal. It makes it so easy for parents to check their fees and transactions. We love that we can email blast everyone at once and create lead files for students who haven’t returned or want to be kept for future. We love that it’s accessible no matter where you are because it’s an online platform.

Cons

I wish you could archive students rather than families. We have plenty of students who don’t dance with us anymore but their sibling does, we don’t want to delete them as we don’t want to have to re-enter them if they choose to return but also don’t want to keep paying for them to be a student in the system. Which leads me to my biggest con of all- we don’t love that the price of jackrabbit is based on the amount of students you have. Other softwares are a flat rate monthly and are cheaper. Every summer I debate switching. Would also love to be able to create different groups of people to send emails to (competitive, recreational)

Ned

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

Jackrabbit Dance is our favorite

I had a question the other day about customer billing.... I sent in my my query and received an answer very promptly.....and with humor! This is typical of every encounter I’ve had with Jackrabbit Dance. You can tell the employees love their job, it shows in how they respond.

Pros

My wife tried other software to run her studio. All were cumbersome and didn’t do what the studio needed. When we switched....we both agreed...Jackrabbit rocks! Parent ease of use, our ease of use, Teachers love it to add info for the class so parents can view in their portal, costume management, helps track competition students and private lessons..... I could go on and on. I believe Jackrabbit is an excellent choice for our dance & tumbling studio.

Cons

Right now..... I wish there was ‘set it and forget it’ tuition posting. I heard it’s coming within a couple months......Fabulous

Halley

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

JR Does it All

Pros

Jackrabbit is the foundation of our office processes, it can manage everything we need at more. The support team is phenomenal and there are great opportunities for continued professional development and learning to use the software better every season. Highly recommend.

Cons

Some features can be improved, especially with reporting. The reporting options can be someone convoluted, learning how to run accurate reports that target what you actually need can take a few tries. We appreciate the customization but sometimes it is too many options to get the information we need.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Hi Halley! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you're interested, we offer check-up calls with our team. We may have some solutions to help make your reporting easier.

Replied 22/03/2024