About AccountEdge

AccountEdge's banking tools allow users to send and receive money, prepare bank deposits and electronic payments, print checks and reconcile accounts. The system's purchase order feature allows users create and track purchase...

Browse AccountEdge Reviews

Gary K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Couldn't be simpler!

Only great things to say about this product.

Pros

AccountEdge Pro has made a work of difference in my company. With their easy to use dashboard, I can enter purchases, invoice customers, pay bills, create payroll, keep an accurate accounting of my banking and so much more. It is simple to use... even I can do it! It's a huge time saver and in the five years that I have been using AccountEdge, I have never had an issue.

Cons

Not a big deal but there have been a couple of times when I have had to realign the check printing format.

Meredith B.

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

CPA is Baffled.

The invoicing functions work well, creating and sending pdf invoices via Outlook. Creating custom forms such as checks, invoices, statements is easy; I color-code them so customers can easily distinguish an INVOICE (red) from a RECEIPT (green) and so on. Most of the reports work, but I need to upload many to Excel to manipulate the data (to report retained earnings, for example). There is no option to strip the "pretty" formatting on BalSh or Income reports, so to make them functional you need to remove all that formatting (extra blank lines, merged cells, extra blank columns, multiple font colors, shading). This is annoying and unavoidable as far as I can tell. Their "Knowledge Base" and other support, including videos, is just sad. The live customer support when I first subscribed had a complete lack of understanding of accounting. A recent bug required me to send my entire file (a zipped backup) and take a week off while they repaired it and send back a "FIXED" copy. They didn't charge me, but I had to give employees pay advances and pre-pay bills to completely quit bookkeeping for a week. New ownership based in Israel may have improved customer service but I can't verify. There are payroll reports that accurately calc. 941s and W-2s and others but you have to use the numbers to complete the IRS forms online unless you want to buy the reporting program separately. I find the non-submittable reports work fine for doing the online forms and printing for my files.

Pros

After three years I'm comfortable with the daily use of AccountEdge. I used my failing Peachtree to calculate payroll for the first year and entered the numbers manually. Now I use the payroll subscription, which is not as flexible as I would like but it works. (I don't need the uploaded rates and could easily enter them manually.) I emailed a note about my frustration with manually calculating different matching and withholding SIMPLE rates for different employees and the answer completely solved the problem--the program now issues perfect paychecks and tax reports. This was one of two customer service experiences that were positive

Cons

My CPA finds it incomprehensible. As a corporation we carry profits and losses forward as retained earnings and are not required by law to distribute profits as dividends. AccountEdge does not allow me (or my CPA using his copy) to make the year-end adjustment to Retained Earnings reports so we can't know where we stand. I want to retire and sell or hand off the business but can't produce accurate reports via AccountEdge.
Also I detest the automatic numbering feature for payments (it's great for invoicing) and wish that could be optionally turned off. I pay at least half our bills online and record the confirmation number in the check number space, which is especially handy for reconciling half a dozen monthly federal and state tax payments to my bank--and to verify that I sent the payments! A great many confirmation numbers (IRS, Colorado payroll, unemployment, credit cards, FedEx, Comcast) exceed the maximum 8 digits allowed for check numbers. (I can enter the full numbers in the memo space.) It is obvious to me that the program had its origins in Apple/Mac as it has automatic functions that actually hamper accounting. It doesn't integrate with our estimating software as does QuickBooks so I may end up just using it for payroll (to avoid that Quick Books cost).

Scott C.

Reviewed on 13/01/2017

Best Accounting Software Ever!!

I've been using AccountEdge Pro since it came out. before that I was using MYOB. I have tried QuickBooks and Quicken and frankly AccountEdge Pro works like I think. Entering Invoices, and purchases is simple and quick and updates my inventory. All of my bank accounts, credit cards, loans, lines are easily reconciled and auto payments keeps them updated. At the end of the year my accountant gets a copy of my file, reviews it, gives me accountant adjustments to enter, and completes my taxes. If I wanted, I could just print out any report he needs easily and he could complete the taxes with those reports. but since he is a AccountEdge Certified CPA he offers to do a complete review and helps guide me on setting things up correctly. I can run my business instead of having to be or having to hire an accountant for daily, and weekly bookkeeping!!

Pros

Flexibility to adapt it to my business needs.

Cons

?? In over 20 years of using the versions of this software any cons I had are gone because the developers listen an input users ideas and suggestions.

Top AccountEdge Alternatives

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks Online

Barbara T.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Happy customer.

I can do our own payroll. Our accountant is only needed at the end of the year to do our overall business taxes. She is happy with the way that information is presented.

Pros

I have been using this software for years. It keeps track of all the payroll information the is needed for doing payroll yourself. Very simple to use.

Cons

It may be a user error, but I wish I could delete items in inventory easier or change the items name. We are Sharp dealers and sometimes product numbers change and I would like to get our inventory lists shorter to keep the file smaller.

Response from Acclivity

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your review.

In response to your inventory issues, you can delete an item as long as the quantity on hand is zero and can not be pending on any invoices. You would also need to purge old transitions that have this item on it.

You should be able to change the Item name/number easily by going into your Item List and clicking on the item, just click on the Name or Item Number field that you would like to change.

If you need additional help, you can reach out technical support team for free at accountedge.com/help.

Emily F.

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

Easy to use but a few quirks that annoy me each month

Overall AccountEdge makes my business bookkeeping simple-- I've used Quickbooks for other clients and I really do prefer the way AccountEdge handles billing for a daily service industry (we are in landscape maintenance). I wish the mobile technology allowed my husband to see more customer info when he is in the field, but we are able to work around that typically.

Pros

Ease of use for progress billing, I am able to bill daily sales in an easy to use format helping me not lose revenue by missing charges to customers

Cons

No ability to show customer total outstanding balance without a statement. I also think the reconciling process is clunky for bank statements and credit cards. My deposits show twice when I group them for a bank deposit slip and customer balances can be inaccurate on "cards".

Shari R.

SDR

Pros

The software is easy to teach and use in our business.

Cons

We get inventory error messages when we do not expect them.

Response from Acclivity

Hi Shari,

We offer free technical support via email for our customers. Please reach out to our technical support team at accountedge.com/help the next time you receive a random error message. We would be happy to help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care Team

Replied 12/09/2018
Tanya G.

Johnson County Foam Inc

the duplicate feature is by far helping with making sure entries are not duplicated therefore creating less entries for reversal in which looks better overall for accounting and reporting to the CPA purposes

Pros

it is very user friendly and easy to get around in the software

Cons

would like to see more customization in running the reports

Roxanne D.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/01/2017

Long time user - my brain loves AE

I've been using this software for over 15 years. I previously had used other software and even once left AE (then known as MYOB) to return to previous product based on CPA request. But literally, my brain hurt when I used that product. AE has such a clean and clear interface. It has so many ways to customize the app for MY preferences. The features are logically organized and easy to find, not buried behind a cluttered old-school interface or confusing menus.

I rarely have to call in for help, but when I do, it's handled. And all my software upgrades are delivered automatically. The knowledge base is robust, too. I've used that to improve my knowledge of accounting principles.

We are a small consulting services company with clients across the USA.

Ben F.

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Solid Accounting platform

Major benefit is keeping track of expenses and tracking income and employee stats.

Pros

Easy of use and set up.
Ability to run needed reports and do taxes in house.

Cons

Invoices look a little outdated. Could use some improvements.

Margaret G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Why I chose AccountEdge Pro for my business

Pros

I am co-owner of a small Texas business, and am responsible for keeping the books for our business. I was not a business major in school, so was looking for a system that would be relatively simple to use, but robust enough to meet our booking needs. I also wanted something that did not require me to be in the "cloud", and was Mac friendly, and AccountEdge Pro has met all these needs.

Cons

There are more bells and whistles than I need, but ultimately I found the functions I wanted and am very happy with AccountEdge Pro.

Dan M.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Excellent producr

I have used the product for years - very pleased.

Pros

Ease of use and value for the money. Very pleased.

Cons

Limited use on multiple machines. Otherwise no concerns.

Dan K.

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

So much better over SAGE, thank you Account Edge

Pros

I love that the software is mine and no one can start charging me to continue to use it. It's very easy to use, support is good and my accountant likes using it as well. After 20 years using Simply (now SAGE) the updates and costs were getting out of hand I decided to switch to Account Edge. Wasn't an easy decision to make as it was some work to do so but after the first month I wished I had done the change years ago.

Cons

My accountant can not look back at a specific journal entry in the previous year with out looking into our back up. This is making year end a longer process.

Lisa S.
  • Industry: Warehousing

LS Account Edge review

Pros

I am not a real big fan of it. The order entry is very simple as well as entering purchase orders.

Cons

I think the visibility to payables and receivebles as well as some of the reports are a little misleading. Everything is by order or Invoice date, do not see a field for due dates on the payable reports. Wish it was a little more user friendly. I have used QB in the past and wish AE had some of the same capabilities.

Zohar O.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 04/01/2018

Frequent updates. Updates resulted in recording data. Had to cancel today. Very cold reception...

My bookeeper loved this program and we had it on but it disrupted data entry with one of the updates. Account edge refused to consider our dilemma offering no solutions for the present or future.

Pros

Takes a bit to get used to. However this is one program which is yours to own. Data entry and recorded entries easy to find

Cons

Updates caused us problems. Automated renewal without consent is not fair. Poor customer service. No phone in customer service. Emailed replies and concerns misunderstood often. Very pushy on using their online store facilitation.

Lisa J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Easy and customizable

Wonderful. I have been using it since 1992. And my CPA loves the reports I generate at the end of the year, it makes figuring up my taxes really easy for him because I can add different expense/income categories and customize it for certain deductions.

Pros

I have used this software since 1992, when it was called MYOB. It's easy to use, and has all the help you need right in the software. The categories are customizable, and you can easily make edits . you can also generate customized reports.

Cons

When I am entering a new customer, I would like to have more options on the main screen, such as the initial customer date and notes instead of having multiple screens to click through, it would make it easier to be able to see all the data on one screen.

Bonnie P.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

AccountEdge Pro review

We have used AccountEdge for over 20 years. (When it was originally MYOB). It works with our small business very well for the price we pay. We tried another software that cost 10 times as much and it wasn't user friendly at all and had a lot of issues. Will stay with AccountEdge.

Pros

It is easy to use and figure out even without a manual

Cons

The inventory module puts a reversing entry in when you receive material and you have to take it out.

Response from Acclivity

Hi Bonnie,

Our Inventory tracking in AccountEdge should not be requiring you to manually make any changes because of a reversing entry.

I spoke with our technical support team and they would need more details to fully understand what is happening in the software.

You can reach out to our support team at accountedge.com/help for free to get this figured out.

Carrie S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

Perfect fit for our non-profit organization

AccountEdge Pro is perfect for our small non-profit organization. It is very user friendly. I especially love how fast I can make and customize reports. Processing payroll and making deposits are virtually effortless, which I appreciate. This will be our fourth year with the software and we have never had any issues. Customer service is always prompt and willing to help in any way. We highly recommend this accounting software.

Pros

I like how easy it is to customize in order to fit our specific needs.

Virginia D.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Unity School Inc.

I have been using it for 6 years now and am really pleased with the product and with the support team.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to learn, and how you can undo or repair mistakes

Cons

I am having some problems with my save page not showing up full page.

Carol M.

Great Software

No problems overall. Very happy with the software

Pros

I like this software. It is easy to use. They do not try to rip you off every year or two on making you do the upgrade. As an accountant I am telling all of my clients about this software.

Cons

The fact that when or if you need to change a payroll check you have to delete it and reprint or post the paycheck.

Betsy F.

Owner

Used it for many years. No problems.

Pros

Very easy to use, just mostly common sense.

Cons

Redundant steps. I do not need to asked three times if I really want to do something.

Chelsea D.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016

Software didn't work out for me

Its good software for some small business, But for my business its Horrible . It didnt work well for me . I used the software in the past and I have no plans to use the product ever again.

Jim C.

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Accountedge Pro

Accountedge Pro is easy to use and has all the features needed. It’s a good program. I have enjoyed using it.

Pros

Very easy to use. Performs all required tasks Automatically. It’s reliable. Easy to navigate. Works very well.

Cons

Lacks mobile integration- being able to use application on mobile device when on the toad or at a clients office. There are some functions available like looking up old invoices and jobs. But that’s about it. In this day and age portable applications are almost necessary.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to AccountEdge

While quick books is more widely used, I preferred the functionality of accountedge pro
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Don't use for more than one year

Sadly, we started with the precursor and now, unless we want to redo our entire bookkeeping, inventory, customer list, and vendor list, we're stuck with this software.

Pros

I'm stuck with it. We started with a much earlier version.

Cons

Trying to find prior years' transactions is costly and a huge pain.

Response from Acclivity

Good Afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with access historical transactions. Depending on how far back you are looking, you may need to open a back up of historical file to see certain details.

We would be happy to help you if you are having trouble getting to your information. You can reach out to our NJ based Technical Support team for free at accountedge.com/help.

Georg c. L.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Simple Complete Accounting System

We were looking for a small light-weight accounting system to manage some of our ancillary corporations that have very limited activity on them, but need to be audited yearly and reported to in public documents. Thus we wanted something that didn't allow much in the way of mistakes, and was relatively simple to use, without being overly complex and expensive.

Pros

Installation and use of this software is relatively easy, and requires little to no accounting background to accomplish. You can pick your industry, and the types of services/products you provide, give them some custom names, and the software will setup your chart of accounts, and having you rolling. Setup a few vendors/suppliers, and a few customers, and you can start issuing invoices and paying bills.

Cons

The software is not immediately accessible as it does not really follow any similar flow with current modern softwares. The basic system for each function, be it paying bills or selling product, requires either knowledge of exactly which steps you need to do, and in what order, or you follow the "guide" which is merely a large flow sheet of icons, with arrows pointing to various "next steps" in sort of a large circular picture.

Tom I.
  • Industry: Wholesale

AccountEdge Pro Long-Time User

AccoutEdge Network Edition allows us to use multiple workstations to manage our daily sales, payables, and biweekly payroll.

Pros

Comprehensive for what we need it for. All cash accounts, including checking; receivables; payables; payroll; and more.

Cons

We've used it for so many years that we've gotten very used to it. Because we don't have a learning curve anymore, I don't have complaints.

It would be better if it integrated more easily into our database, or Excel.