Hootsuite Reviews

About Hootsuite

Social media is a wild place to do business. That’s why thousands of brands rely on Hootsuite’s tools and expertise to bring order to the chaos. Launch brilliant social campaigns, deliver 5-star social commerce experiences, and...

4.2
4.2

Browse Hootsuite Reviews

3,685 of 3,685 reviews
Colleen
Colleen

Reviewed on 16/09/2023

Hootsuite is the top software for handling many social media accounts.

In overall, it's the best tool to use if you need to manage many social media accounts at once, particularly on Twitter and Facebook.

Pros

Hootsuite is simple to operate; I really like that all the platforms I use can be shown on a single page, and the publisher screen makes it simple to see at a glance precisely what you're posting on each day across all of your accounts. You can just drag and drop to rearrange your articles, and adding images is just as simple. It couldn't be much better.

Cons

I can't think of a single drawback to this system. Very user-friendly, it rarely experiences outages. You may relax knowing that the program will automatically publish your posts once you've entered them. In two years of use, I have never once seen a bug in this program.

Arzu
Arzu

Reviewed on 11/04/2022

Useful for beginners but high priced

Especially for the free version, I can say that since we have switched to a maker-checker structure in our social media marketing process, checking the planned posts much earlier prevents problems that may occur in the instant posting. Making improvements on the features I explained in the cons section will make the product much more effective, but if you are just a beginner, it will be easier for you to try the free plan.

Pros

It's useful to connect more than one social platform and manage all of them from one channel.

Cons

Unfortunately I think the pricing is expensive. Also, the lack of a scheduling option for stories complicates the process. The most important shortcoming for me is the lack of a PDF scheduling option for LinkedIn. I think this is a very necessary feature especially for B2B marketers.
I also think it is necessary to integrate more social media accounts, especially for the free plan. I understand the scheduling limits, but I think every marketer, even if it is a free plan, needs to be able to use all social media accounts on the free plan to test the effectiveness of the product.

Audrey
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Can't beat Hootsuite

Fantastic. It's like having an assistant that will post, engage and collect information, allowing me to get more work done and be more productive thru out the day.

Pros

Ease of use. The free trial is perfect to give you an idea of just how easy it is.

Cons

It once was free to use. Would love to save a few bucks and have it free again.

Top Hootsuite Alternatives

Lynda
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Free plan was meh, and they got rid of the free option

I stopped using Hootsuite shortly before they got rid of their free plan option. I began using Tailwind to schedule for Instagram & Facebook, and also Pinterest. Those would go live and I could schedule a month or more ahead of time whenever it was convenient and I had my social graphics ready. Hootsuite didn't quite do what I was looking for, and when they changed things up to make their lowest-price plan $99/month, that was it for me. That was not a reasonable expense.

Pros

I liked the ability to schedule social media posts when I had the time, rather than trying to write them all up live while on the go or away from the office. They provided a free version that limited the number of posts per month, but it was still enough for what I was trying to do.

Cons

The posts didn't actually go live on their own. I'd receive a reminder to take the final step at the appropriate time, so it wasn't really a "set it and forget it" thing. This was highly inconvenient when traveling or somewhere there was poor reception for my phone.

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Hootsuite is for serious business

Overall, Hootsuite has been my go-to social media management platform for years. It does an excellent job of smoothing out the publishing process, especially for managing scheduled content.

Pros

- Manage multiple social media accounts
- Customizable analytics reports
- Easy to distribute content
- Scheduling is easy

Cons

They have eliminated the free level that allowed customers to try it out with three social media accounts. This was very helpful for onboarding new clients and demoing the power of the tool.

Gary

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Great tool for managing social media

Pros

Ease of scheduling posts to social media.

Cons

A bit of a learning when getting started.

Nathalie
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 15/03/2024

Hootsuite Is An Entrepreneur's Dream!

Hootsuite is a must-have for business owners, but also for content creators. Trust me, your life could be SO much easier -- just get this app!!

Pros

I adore how much time this app saves me. I never have to spend time replicating and reposting content to every platform individually. That was so annoying and time-consuming! Now all I have to do is post from my Hootsuite account, and it will post the content to all of my platforms simultaneously!!!!

Cons

I have no complaints about Hootsuite. I am loving the experience.

Kristine
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

Used to be the top SM platform

Pros

I liked it before when they offered a free account to individuals, wherein you can schedule 5 posts per account. They removed it and wanted everyone to subscribe to their paid account - without any changes to our limitation. It would be great it they had to do it, but at the same time offer upgraded features.

Cons

They only want money, I guess. I was disappointed in discontinuing our account because we had to upgrade and pay more without any additional benefits.

Missionary Clayton
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 07/04/2024

A Useful Product

Pros

After using Hoostsuite for many years it is flawless and a welcome help. I recommend it!

Cons

At this time there are no negatives to report that I know of.

Kenzi
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

Posting the strategy

Pros

Hootsuite is a great platform for social media campaigns.

Cons

Make easy my job for integrate all my social media accounts, that’s allowed me to had complete control

Thomas

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Cons

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Pricing for the most part. At the time, HubSpot was still charging for every level of their services. Once I started using it, the autoscheduling feature became too important to me to consider switching. As long as Hootsuite allows me to manage my 3 accounts for free, I'll continue to use their services.
Steve

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Used To Be Great...

Pros

I've been using Hootsuite for a long time for multiple businesses/clients and I have loved the capability they offer for a reason able price, but unfortunately that recently changed. So I'll get to that in the cons section.

I do still love how easy it is to schedule but that is about it. Everything else, I'm no longer a fan of.

Cons

1. When you schedule something if you need to go back and make an edit it is very time consuming and cumbersome.

2. You used to be able to have something like 5 profiles connected on the free plan and schedule out 20 posts but now you can only have 2 profiles and 5 posts.

3. The paid plans are way too expensive in my opinion for what you get compared to other platforms like Later.

4. The analytics are not that helpful in my opinion. I can get more information on Facebook directly than Hoostuite.

5. I have had a lot of technical problems lately. Getting a lot of random errors and having to redo a post or getting errors connecting a profile, etc. All making it pretty hard to use the software anymore.

Buffer, Loomly and Later

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

Hoosuite had a free plan. Otherwise I love Sprout Social so so so much more in every way except the price. Sprout Social is way too expensive in my opinion so I switched to Hoostuite because it was the most cost effective at the time, not so much anymore.

Sprout Social

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

It was the cheapest at the time.
Rezaul
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

It enables us to attract new clients and reach out to our devoted supporters.

By scheduling posts to go out at the most effective times, you may reach more customers, increase interaction, and increase conversions.

Pros

Hootsuite's first significant application was scheduling posts for times when I wasn't available to post them. Today, there are a ton of scheduling tools available, including automatic schedules that publish our posts at the same time every day regardless of when I compose them, eliminating the need for me to manually enter the information each time.Hootsuite has a ton of information to display, thus in order to manage it all, it is presented in tabbed styles. I have full control over our feeds and can alter what displays on a particular tab. Prioritize influencer messages, create a tab just for customer service messages, whatever.With analytics, I may learn more about what customers desire and compile that information into reports that I can customize.Manage and evaluate the effectiveness of social advertising to attract new clients in addition to devoted followers.

Cons

Sadly, the fundamental plan has certain flaws. If I want advanced features, I'll have to pay.There are some issues with the post creator's text editor.It is annoying to not be able to amend a planned post within five minutes of the scheduled publishing time.

Google Analytics 360

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

Making and scheduling content in advance for numerous platforms saves time.

Mailchimp
Ripon

Reviewed on 17/05/2023

Impressive social media management

Hootsuite offers a range of collaboration tools, enabling teams to work together on social media campaigns and strategies.

Pros

Hootsuite enables users to manage multiple social media accounts from a single dashboard, making it a popular choice for businesses with a strong social media presence.Hootsuite offers advanced scheduling and automation tools, which can save time and streamline social media management workflows.Hootsuite provides detailed analytics and reporting features, enabling businesses to track social media engagement, performance, and customer interactions.

Cons

While Hootsuite offers a range of advanced features, some users may find the tool complex and difficult to navigate, particularly those who are new to social media management.Some users have reported limitations in using third-party APIs with Hootsuite, which can be a drawback for businesses that rely on automation and integration capabilities.

Sprout Social

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

Because of more advanced features.

Zoho Analytics

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Excellent customer service with advanced features.
Sunil
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 14/09/2022

Social Media Management - Trust the Leader

It was good and it worked smoothly (on a self serving mode)

Pros

The ready to integrate plugin to add 3rd party services is a great feature to extend the usability.

Cons

Poor customer support and longer TAT on query resolution

Brandwatch

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

Frequently integration failures with the social media accounts

Buffer

Market reputation
Abigail
Abigail
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Reliable and easy social media manager

Hootsuite and Buffer are my go to social media, despite the several other SM Managers that I've tried out. I work with 5 brands and I have to manage their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)

I've been using Hootsuite (and Buffer) for three years but of the two Hootsuite is my favorite and my safe bet. I have a habit of testing out as many free marketing software's as I can find and in terms of social media marketing Hootsuite is the best. The interface is easy to use, and the tutorial available to each new signup is very helpful.

I love being able to tag a Facebook page, Twitter profile or Instagram profile in a post. The android app is also fully functional on my Kindle Fire (Unlike Buffer) which is a plus.

The Feedly> Hootsuite integration is a major plus, I've never used the Hootsuite RSS feed option even though I keep planning to, but I like being able to share informative posts from feedly (On my Kindle Fire) to Hootsuite.

What I love the best is that the free plan unlike buffer lets you schedule as many posts as you want to 3 social media profiles. This is great because I can schedule a month worth of social media posts in three days unlike the 10 posts per profile restriction on the Buffer's free plan.
The analytics reports aren't very detailed and often I rely on Start a Fire as well as a variety of other software's to get in-depth analytics but the brands I work with do not understand or see the need for in-depth analysis so I suppose it's okay.

I'm not happy that Hootsuite doesn't support posts with multiple images, I learnt that the awkward way when I made a post with 3 pictures.

I recommend Hootsuite for beginners and Individuals who want a simple, straight forward social media manager. Oh, and the Hootsuite academy is very insightful.

Pros

It is one of the simplest Social media managers in the market, the freeplan is great because it provides essential features for beginners and experts at no cost. I also like the mini tutorial for new users, at the right side of the dashboard.

I personally use Tweetdeck for social listening on Twitter but Hootsuite is also great for that.

Cons

I dont like the fact that if i want to schedule a post with multiple images i'll have to schedule it directly on Facebook or on Tweetdeck for twitter.

Heather
  • Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Easy-to-use one-stop social media marketing platform - but moving out of budget range

Hootsuite has been an excellent tool for me while starting out in the role of marketing and communications for my Library, but given the skyrocketing price, we will not be continuing to use it. I appreciate all the integrations and time saving features, but this is not enough to offset the increase in cost, from my own personal perspective as well as from the perspective of our board's financial team.

Pros

Hootsuite is a cohesive one-stop marketing platform that allows for management of multiple social media channels in one site. I appreciate the ability to create content for multiple platforms simultaneously, while still being able to tailor aspects of it such as post text, hashtags, and images size ratios, to specific platforms. Newly added integration with Canva further streamlined my workflow allowing me to create one design for all marketing for a particular program or service, then use it in print, digital, social, and internal marketing efforts. Hootsuite also offers a customizable analytics dashboard that allows me to see how well marketing efforts have done in a certain time frame, and break it down further by platform.

Cons

The pricing has jumped dramatically, as per an email from the company last week, nearly doubling and making it unaffordable on our nonprofit budget. I am also less than satisfied with the analytics as a whole, as I was struggling to see the performance of particular posts as a single entity, and TikTok and YouTube analytics have not integrated well. I also find that since we have had to disable Facebook comments, I cannot do this in Hootsuite and need to manually go into Facebook after every post goes live and change this setting myself.

Harry

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Great tool, but feels like it could still do with something extra - better planning, more...

It might feel like it's missing a few extras, but generally its a really useful platform and out social media activity has been much better in terms or both organisation and analytics.

There's also a massive community for Hootsuite so you can always find out how other people are using it.

We used a Meltwater before and it was so scientific and clunky to set up we never ended up using it. We use Hootsuite daily now and the ability to shorten links is also really helpful.

Pros

Really easy to use and so many resources. The platform is brilliant for scheduling and you don't even have to visit the other social platforms to post and engage with the audience. You can really customise the streams for each user which is great for productivity, and the analytics is really useful.

As a manager, I only have to hop into the publisher section to see what posts are going out, how often we're posting, and what platform we're using most.

Using the streams, I can set up one for all posts to check consistency and monitor engagement, one for competitor research, and one for searches, and then more platform specific streams so I can really dive into the nitty-gritty if I need to.

Cons

It's very Twitter orientated, most of the useful streams like monitoring topical conversations etc are in Twitter (probably by nature of the Twitter platform), but I would like to see more feature on LinkedIn - so far there's only TWO streams; one to monitor Company Updates, and second to monitor scheduled posts (I can see this in the publisher planner anyway).

It would be good to see similar monitoring streams for Hashtag conversations because this feature is applicable in LinkedIn as well as Twitter.

The Publisher also feels like it's just missing something and I think it's the ability to 'plot' in posts rather than drafting out complete posts. For example when we're planning what activity we want to launch, we might not know what the full post is going to look like, but we might just want to plot in ideas which at the moment we have to do on a spreadsheet and then translate over to the Hootsuite publisher. It would be good to see this feature in the planner where we can plot ideas, and then fully draft them out later.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Perfect for individuals, business and agencies alike!

Pros

As a marketeer, I was lucky enough to try a few different social media management platforms. Personally, Hootsuite has always been one of my favorites.
The platform is quite easy to use, and setup. The interface is quite intuitive and on boarding new members normally takes us a few minutes.
We easily managed multiple accounts and switched between them in single clicks. The mini profile icons helped our team differentiate between our different clients, so we had a smaller number of mistakes.
But that's not all!
Team collaboration is superb once you establish a professional account. Content review and approvals that is easy to set up. You can review comments and replies and assign them to other users, and even leaves comments and notes for them. You can review other users performance and get full reports on their work.

Cons

Reporting is weak compared to other tools. And while I enjoy their pre-designed scheduled reports, I normally end up creating my own reports using other analytics tools that are more robust and provide more in-depth insights.
While i enjoy setting up multiple topic columns to monitor, extracting the data is impossible and you will always need a listening tool to create monitoring and listening reports.
I was on an older pricing plan for awhile now, but when I checked recently, they seem to have increased their pricing and are now quite pricey compared to some of the competing platforms, however, I still have a soft spot for them.

Suhailah
Suhailah

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

All about Hootsuite

Pros

Hootsuite is a must haev platform for marketing media managers who want to make better use of their time, acquire insights into their messaging and audiences, and connect with customers more regularly to expand their following. Hootsuite is a great application that I would suggest to everyone who utilizes social media for business. It allows you to track hashtags, scheduled tweets, learn about your audience, and obtain insights into which messages are the most popular.

Cons

The limitation on the number of streams you may have is something I dislike about Hootsuite. They also have several payment levels, which give you additional options, but it might be challenging to figure out which one is best for you. My company switched back and forth through free and premium trials several times a year since we couldn't determine which was best for us, so I suggest doing some study into all of the features associated with the various tiers before committing.

Reviewed on 08/09/2020

An absolute time saver

I've had a very positive experience with Hootsuite. It has saved me a lot of time and frustration and allows content to be cohesive across all channels. It's easy to see all my content right in front of me without having to go from channel to channel. It truly is a program I would not be able to do my job without.

Pros

I like the ease of use and functionality. It looks overwhelming and complicated at first, but it doesn't take long to understand how to navigate and get started. Everything is pretty self-explanatory and easy to locate. I love the fact that you can access hootsuite anywhere because it's a web-based program, and you don't need to download any extra software to use it. It also has an app so I can schedule or update content on the go. The ability to schedule endless amounts of posts (with the premium account) is nice because I can spend two days scheduling content for the entire month and not worry about it the rest of the time. Another thing I really enjoy is their "Hootsuite Accandemy" - courses that teaches you everything about social media management and gives you the chanceto get certification from the program. It's also a great tool for engaging with people without having to go to the specific social channels separately. Everything from drafting a post, adding images, scheduling, commenting, sharing and replying to messages and comments can all be done from the dashboard.

Cons

It can get pretty pricey depending on your needs. The free program isn't bad for very small companies, but if you want to schedule more then 30 posts and have more than the basic social channels then premium is necessary I find there are alternative programs that offer more for less, but this is the software my employer has chosen and is content with it.

Mercedes
Mercedes

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Where would I be without HootSuite?!

Pros

I started using HootSuite at the very EARLY stages of my business. Before I even had a single client. The reason I chose HootSuite is because they had a FREE version... and in my early client-less stage...I needed all the free I could get. It's extremely easy to add whichever social networks you have (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) The free version allows for 3 profiles, but once you upgrade to the paid you can of course add more. The platform itself is very self explanatory and makes scheduling future posts extremely easy.

Cons

I'd like to be able to edit the posts by platform. For example, when posting to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter -- I'd like to add hashtags just to the Instagram Caption and/or shorten the Twitter caption. Instead of having to create a post for each separate platform, I'd like to be able to do it all in one and make the edits in the same batch.

Buffer

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

Easy to use with tons of features and plugins to compliment it

Pros

Hootsuite is one of the most versatile tools out there in the market. Starting from its free package, you will find yourself covering all the essentials you need for your day to day operations when it comes to social media. The columns/tabs interface is what sold the product to our team compared to all the other competitors we tried.
In addition, the ability to connect multiple profiles, create columns to listen to important topics and team communications and messaging (paid feature).

The free plan also allows you to schedule up to 30 posts, and if you need more, upgrading to any of their paid plans is as cheap.
As we had many clients to handle and our team required a lot of collaboration, we were under the team plan. it was easy to setup an automated monthly report that goes to the client, which saved us tons of time, and the team collaboration features allowed us to assign the right roles and exchange messages, assign tasks and customer inquiries (tweets and comments) to one another with ease.

Cons

While Hootsuite covers the essentials you might need for your day to day social media, it lacks much in-depth analysis, listening and reporting features.

In addition, it does not have cross-platform profiling and does not have features to help you setup competitions or gather/mine data easily.

Angel
Angel

Reviewed on 30/10/2021

Hootsuite may be useful... but just maybe

Hootsuite is a great tool for scheduling, posting and monitoring your social media accounts. However, due to its costs, I honestly think that there are more accessible ways to get this job done, unless you're working with no programming feature channels such as Linkedin (but still, I recommend you to check other offers, you might find something better)

Pros

Hootsuite was the first content manager software I used, and it has given me almost no problems. I've been able to program even weeks of posts on Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin, which in some like this last one mentioned, is pretty helpful due to no programming feature so far on the main social media site/app.

Plus, through Hootsuite, you can also have a wide view of what the people or brands you follow in social media are posting.
And also, the fact that you're able to check and answer messages, mentions and comments from here, saves you lots of time in case you work in many social media channels.
Last but not least, the analytics feature is also helpful for creating new strategies, discarding, adding, or complementing content.

Cons

So, Hootsuite is really comfortable, however, the main flaw many users can agree with, is the price. The platform can get way too expensive in case you're dealing with more than 10 social media channels and more than 1 user. Of course if you're in control of so many channels and collaborators, it means your business is bigger, but honestly, there are cheaper options in the market (some of them even free!).

Another point to consider relates to what has been said before. Back in the day (like 2 years ago at least), this might seemed like a very helpful hand to have control over too many accounts and scheduling. However, now days, social media like Twitter, and specially Facebook and Instagram, have been into this kind of features, so you can program your tweets directly from the app or website, and you got the special tool "Creator Studio/ Business Manager" from Facebook. So Hootsuite eventually might get obsolete.

Kelly
Kelly

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Great tool for agencies managing multiple clients

Pros

Benefits of Hootsuite for agencies:
1. Super easy to manage multiple networks for multiple clients, and all in one or two clicks once you've completed set-up
2. Easy to collaborate, which is key for agency happiness; you can assign tasks and monitor the progress of those assignments
3. Viewing scheduled content for single accounts or multiple accounts is possible, even across clients, which is a big plus
4. They do have a content approval process that you can set up at their highest level which is pretty good, not the best out there, but more than most other management platforms offer
5. They have a LOT of plug-ins for their platform, which is awesome, including Slack, Wordpress and several other big ones that agencies might use or find helpful
6. They stay ahead of opportunities and have the first collaborations with the key social networks, like Instagram publishing, they were the first there

Cons

On the negative side:
1. You can only have like 7 streams in each tab, which seems like a lot, but it's not enough. I feel like there should not be a limit within each tab
2. They are expensive, in my opinion; they do compare with Sprout Social and some others, but I think they are all on the pricey side
3. Not their fault, but you now have to go direct to IG and FB for some things like checking private messages or for IG even commenting on others content is no longer available; this makes paying the higher price less desirable because now you are having to go back to managing the channels directly AND managing them via Hootsuite