iClassPro Reviews

About iClassPro

iClassPro is a cloud-based business management solution for midsize and large studios with features such as class management, attendance management, staff scheduling and online payments. iClassPro features class scheduling,...

4.1
4.2

Browse iClassPro Reviews

Mike
Mike

Berks East Review

We have been using iClass for 5 and a half years, and believe it is currently better than other alternatives.

Pros

General Setup is easy to set up and make classes and billing.
Able to send billing statements, and messages to all the clients.

Cons

Wish we could make custom reports.
Wish there was a color blind option when viewing past due balances on family screens.
When a trial or make up - Would like to make a note to the trial record.
Notes on families and students are difficult to find, and should be integrated so that you can see note about family and students more easily.

Nathan

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Great Program with minor Flaws

We have really enjoyed the program overall. It beats our last program hands down. Even with all the issues I would not go back to what we had before. Pretty easy to use and I love the platform/ portal for the parents.

Pros

I love the ease of access once everything is set up. Coaches can take roll and keep up to date on student info rather easily. Skills tracking is available on the app, but not quite as easy to use.

Cons

As the person responsible for printing out the reports, I have an issue with the format of reports. They are not always easy to get looking like they should and some are hard to get what you want. There are also little issues I do not like. The entering of payments is a little tedious at times. We have also had a few issues with the time clock not working correctly.

Reasons for Choosing iClassPro

Needed an online platform to make it easier on office staff and customers.

Reasons for Switching to iClassPro

Other gym owners that I trust sold me on IClass Pro.
Jill
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 24/02/2019

Not as good as Jackrabbitclass, but has a birthday party system

The only reason I still have it is because of ipartypro, otherwise I would go back to Jackrabbitclass.

Pros

That ipartypro is compatible and my customers can easily book parties and add additional items onto the basic party package.

Cons

-I do not like that there is no point of sale and I still have to us paypal in the store. I would like something that I can use for walk up open play sales and not have to enroll/register a family.
-I do not like that the reports section won't tell me what my daily sales are and in what areas. I want a functional useful report system, and I'm not getting it from iclasspro. I am an indoor playground that does classes in 8 week sessions, not a studio or gym with year long enrollments.
-The report system should be able to tell me how many children enrolled in which classes and how much money came in from those children for those classes. It should do the same for birthday parties. I should be able to set dates for a period of time. A year, a month, a custom time frame.
-I cannot change the photo attached to the parent portal, though I have tried for the past four months.
-I would prefer to use html and have parents book directly from my website instead of being directed to the parent portal.
-The promo codes are useful and yet a pain to activate and they never seem to work right. Why do we have to turn them on for every class when we are copying currently set up classes?

Top iClassPro Alternatives

Victoria

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

IClass Pro works great for gymnastics schools.

We have had a really good experience with IClass Pro. It works well with our class schedules.

Pros

IClass Pro continues to update and add new services and customer service is always on top of servicing their customers.

Cons

I wish reports could be customized to better help us with sign in sheets.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cost

Reasons for Switching to iClassPro

IClass Pro is a better option for the gymnastics industry. It allows us to keep up with every thing we do.
Tim

Constantly Improving

Having come from spreadsheets and papers to manage the business, iClassPro was a major upgrade. Overall, they continue to improve, which in turn pushes us to continually improve as well. I'm very satisfied with the value I receive from iClassPro.

Pros

Our business is constantly seeking ways to improve the way we offer our services to our customers, and the iClassPro software is no different. There are always new features being added that simplify the process of registering, paying, scheduling, and managing classes and staff.

Cons

It's difficult to find faults with the software. The ability to create a custom registration charge table would be appreciated, as the registration fee at our facility is not the same for a second or third child, as it is for the first.

Jackrabbit Gymnastics and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to iClassPro

The user interface for the staff and parent portal seemed more intuitive in iClassPro.
Denise

Awesome Product

Everything has been really great for the most part. We have had great customer service!! They always help out in a timely manner and are very friendly!

Pros

I love the ease of the system, especially for those that are not computer literate. I do love the reports for the most part.

Cons

I do not like that we do not have an option to have 2 ledgers on an account. For example: we have a client that will have a tuition account and they may also have a meets account. These two are separate because one is a booster fee. I cannot see my class numbers on one page as a graph. Also, we would love to have the Point of Sale option for those who cannot use the iclass credit system.

Reasons for Choosing iClassPro

The price and the functionality of the program.

Reasons for Switching to iClassPro

The price and the product itself was the closest to what we were looking for.
Christie Leigh

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Beat Class Management Software

Customer service is great. Plus they take your suggestions of improvements and send them to their developers. I’ve had at least two of my suggestions made into real option!

Pros

We’ve never been able to take credit cards before and this program allows us to do so. Everything is all in one place- parent info, student info, payment info, registered classes. One database for all our records.

Cons

Currently, you cannot save additional files to each student. We have a few special needs student that need a doctors note for participation. We cannot store these copies on their files and have to keep hard copies. It’s also somewhat hard to set up. But they set up multiple meeting with you with a customer service rep to get your classes and software set up. It’s a little confusing for the first few months but once you get the hang of it, it gets even better!

Summer

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Great software for any sporting gym

Since COVID-19 hit, we have move to required automatic payments and online enrollments to have less traffic for the office staff. It's nice that iClassPro can do both.

Pros

The Merchant Portal is able to do automatic payments and a USB credit card swiper can connect to the computer to take swiped payments as well.

Cons

There are a lot of Feature Requests made by customers to help make their daily usage of the software easier for both the business and the customers.

Reasons for Choosing iClassPro

Features were out of date and didn't accept credit card payments

Reasons for Switching to iClassPro

iClassPro had more features to offer and looked more streamline.
Laura

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

iClassPro value

The ability to have everything online and accessible from anywhere is the most valuable. Allowing sign-ups online was a huge business increase.

Pros

Ability to navigate the site. Ability to get to clients, students and classes multiple ways. Ease of adding charges to accounts.

Cons

Lack of report filter options. Party pro is not fully integrated - can't save credit cards from parent portal.

Reasons for Choosing iClassPro

Iclasspro being an online option at the time.

Reasons for Switching to iClassPro

Overall look of iClassPro and ease of moving around the program.
Raleigh
Raleigh

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

It is the best on the market for the price

I own and operate a gymnastics training facility, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , and iClassPro has made my businesses workflow much easier.

Pros

iClassPro was probably the first software for the Gymnastics Industry that really elevated the user experience. It is the best product on the market for the price.

Cons

The issues are not iClassPro's fault as much their lack of innovation. What they do, they do well. It would be nice if they integrated with 3rd party software so I could sync BambooHR to iClassPro etc.

Amerigo

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Functionality and Exceptional Customer Service

With regard to managing enrollments, we are very satisfied. We wish, however, we were able to ask questions in the Parent Portal that would allow us to place our students in the right classes.

Pros

It's functional, and it easily creates reports. It makes accounting easy, although it is not straightforward from the family ledger to recreate the history of charges.

Cons

It is not unfortunately customizable. There is no space in the Parent Portal to ask specific questions about our classes

Jackrabbit Gymnastics and Jackrabbit Dance

Reasons for Switching to iClassPro

More functional and more suitable for a swim school.
Sabra

Office Administrator

time when away from the computer that there is a feature that allows it to run automatically.
- Wish you had the option to blind copy on emails.
-wish the most outstanding charge that hasn't been paid to be first on the full ledger rather than way deep like it shows on the payment screen.
-Want there to be a colored payment alert to show on the full ledger screen if there are notes created about the account. So that we don't have to click back and forth to check if there are notes or payment arrangements made. We often miss those because they are not accessable to the ledger page.

I'm sure there are many more features that could be tweaked but this is what I have right off the top of my head. Please contact me for more or details if you would like.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use for the most part. It is easy to keep track of payments, delete, add charges, pull reports. I like that the system is quick and runs with few problems (as a rule) I like the new Trial and Wait list feature as well.

Cons

- I do not like that you have to change the setting to see all charges when you get to the full ledger page. Wish it would automatically show all no just 20.
-Wish there were alert boxes at the middle top of the full ledger screen to access notes or alerts.
-Wish you could access the family icon from the classes page where it shows the students enrolled in the class.
-The mouse left click will not give you the paste option when copying and pasting from other places to iclass. You have to use control V.
-When you have a child enrolled in two different programs-- for example After school care and Gymnastics. There is no way to pull a report that shows where the money for each and every payment is applied to differentiate payments applied to after school care vs gymnastics for fsa reports to parents for tax purposes. At this time if we have dual enrollments we have to call you and ask for a report to be sent over to us. not
- We really need the option to have more than one credit card on file as an option. We have many families that are in a divorce / multi family situation that need more than one credit card payment o
- Wish that there was a search box for key words for past emails sent
-Wish that there was a search box on the full ledger page for key words to look up a charge made many many months ago instead of scrolling all the way through scanning trying to find a certain charge.
- Wish that I had the option to set a date for all cards on file to run at the same

Becky

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

iClass Pro is easy on the eyes.

I like being able to see who still owes money and how much is owed total. Emailing statements is quick and easy. I've had people not pay and then eventually quit without ever paying. But overall, I feel like this software has helped me stay on top of things. I feel I have lost less money with this software.

Pros

This software is really easy to use. I like how easily I can switch from students to classes and back again. Adding students and creating classes is a breeze! It is easy on the eyes, I am not straining to find things. Everything has an image to make it easy to find...a star for skill tracking, check mark for attendance, etc. I feel like the other programs out there have words everywhere. I like the images.

Cons

I really like the Skilling Tracking, but I do get frustrated using it. I like that I can choose between 1-5 stars. I wish I could change the color of the stars...or choose a check mark and a star (or other images, like a smiley face.) When I look at a class and their skill tracking, visually to the eye it is hard to see where they are. There are a bunch of yellow stars with numbers in them. I recently changed to two stars just to make it easier on myself. If there were different images or colors, it would be easier to see when looking at their charts who is ready to move up!

Creating class is easy, but private lessons is a pain. I usually list them under camps and have to tell people they are private lessons. If someone is going to do a private lesson every Monday 3:30 - 4:00 for 8 weeks, then they can't make one...going back and changing it is a disaster. I can remove them from the camp for that one day, that is easy. But changing the price isn't as easy. This program isn't really set up for private lessons. (Or maybe Im just doing it all wrong)

Russell

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

Has some holes, but would highly recommend!!

Overall we are satisfied with having chosen iClassPro.

Pros

It is very comprehensive and covers most of the bases. It is extremely convenient to have all of our enrollment, client communication, billing and more all in one place. The customer support is excellent and they are frequently updating, fixing problems and adding new features.

Billing and payment processing is highly effective.

Cons

There are a few holes that we would like to see filled that would help us better serve our customers. We would like to see a private lesson scheduler as there is currently not a user friendly way to set up single, one-on-one sessions with an instructor (we currently use the camp section but it is tricky and presents several issues.) There is also not a way to sell (book and charge) for a single class or single day of camp (you can set up a POS for these things but it then doesn't record the enrollment or attendance.) It would be nice to set up a price per day in camps (if there is, we haven't figured it out.)

We are anxiously waiting for the kiosk app to come to Android, but are told that it is on the way.

The merchant service processing fees feel a bit high, but in the end it is worth it. Would be nice if they offered reductions for long-standing or high-volume customers, but it is most likely the same anywhere. Being able to integrate a card processing service of choice would be nice, but understandably unlikely.

Caleb

Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Making class maagement easy!

Overall our experience has been very positive. We have used the program for over three years, and over the course of each year new and updated features are released. The skill tracking is fantastic, and our families like the easy ways to make payments. Class rolls are taken on tablets and are can be seen on any device with an internet connection. Highly recommended!

Pros

The sheer number of features is impressive. There are so many ways to sort students, based on their class, enrolment dates, any amount owing, and more! There are also many great features that reduce the workload of administration staff: group SMS or group email, again with so many ways to select only the families that meet your criteria. The financial side is good too, reducing the stress of taking payments.

Cons

There isn't much not to like about this software however there are some things that aren't particularly well explained or documented. For example, my club had previously set up auto enrolments and set the program to automatically charge an annual registration fee on enrolment. We turned off auto enrolments and then a year later tried to delete the registration fee category. I couldn't delete, but i also couldn't see a way to change it because auto enrolments were now turned off. Support was helpful in this, and the problem was easily fixed.

Holly

Review of iClassPro by Creative Arts Guild

Really just the issues with it integrating with Quickbooks are really my main issues. Anytime there are other issues that I call about they are normally fixed.

Pros

We love how easy it is to enter classes, take roll and communicate with parents. The Parent Portal is so easy for parents to use and all information is there at their fingertips. We love the way we are able to take attendance and keep up with students and skills.

Cons

I do not like the fact that iClassPro does not integrate with Quickbooks. This makes for an accounting nightmare. I am very ready for a fix for this issue. While I love all the report options that are available because this is not an accounting based software some of the reports do not give you correct information. For example, I cannot run an accounts receivable report for just one of our departments. This is information that I need but cannot get from this report. It does not matter if you choose one department you still get the total for all the departments. There are other small issues that the program has that are problem areas for accountants. However, the good far outweighs the issues I have with accounting.

Kobe

Gravity Gym

Pros

Online booking system is awesome, when it works.
Don't like how often we have errors with the payment processing and we are charged every time.
Having a partnership with an Australian gateway would be beneficial to Australian user as we can contact them directly.

Cons

Customer service is only available during USA business hours.
Not easily adaptable to Australian services. Alot of Australian gymnastics centres use it, but some processes are not suited to our way of scheduling.
The party section does not link to the customers account well. There is no way of telling what date the party is on, by looking at the customer financial section, you have to search the party section.

Jackrabbit Gymnastics, The Studio Director and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to iClassPro

Seemed to cover all our needs at the time
Preston

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

Needs more for todays marketing

Pros

I like the interface and how clean it is to get to where you need to go. I also really enjoy the kiosk features.

Cons

I think there should be some more customizable options for the portal when it comes to branding. We should also be able to past or use a facebook pixel and Google analytics to track the checkout process so we can re-target some of our customers and clients through todays Marketing avenues.

Party portal needs to re-thought in how its filtered through time slots and such. Its hard to schedule certain time slots and if not reserved I make no money. It would be nice to have times throughout a set time that is chosen that parents could choose and than that blocks out any classes from showing that might not meet certain times available. For instance if I have a 2.5 hour time slot set for 6-8:30 on Friday but yet on Thursday night no one has reserved that. I would like a parent that may wanna do a 1.5 hour or even 2 hour time slot birthday to be able to reserve that time and than it would remove the 2.5 hour after. More freedom I guess. Also Promo codes should be able to be uses in Party.

Reasons for Switching to iClassPro

Pricing structure and interface layout
Toni

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Happy Customer

My experience, like I shared before is you listen to the customers! Since we started using iclass, I believe 6 years ago, you have made SO MANY great improvements. You have several different kinds of organizations that you are working with but you have created iclass in a way that it can cater to all. I started iclass with our gymnastics club and this last year we purchased a dance studio and I had them move their current software to iclass and it works great for them as well.

Pros

Easy to use, love it prorates for you, love the online enrollment process, love that your customer service is knowledgeable and helpful, love that you continue to REALLY update things and not just say for years this will be updated and it doesn't change. This was my experience with the last software company we used. When I found out iclass already had the functions they claimed were coming, I was sold on iclass!

Cons

Not really a way, that I am aware of, to make families that have not been "active" for a while be removed from day to day database.

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

iClassPro Review

The time we save using iClassPro compared to our old manual avenue is incredible. Being able to quickly access current data has made our lives and the lives of our customers much easier. There's no way we could go back to our former processes - I don't know how we did it without iClassPro!

Pros

We went from manual registration on a monthly basis to online registration on a rolling basis and it has changed our business. Our office manager has more time to work with our customers and complete tasks rather than wasting it taking registrations, verifying rosters, and re-entering similar information each registration cycle.

Cons

Sometimes features are promised in the forum that either take years to appear or never become a reality. There are some very clear loop holes in the system that don't seem to be difficult fixes, such as not being able to email families on wait lists from the class page like active enrollments or have noted allergies/medical issues appear on the rosters.

Scott

Happy with this program

Pros

Coming from a program that didn't offer everything Iclass does we have been very happy with this program. We like the different reports and the ease at getting to them. Taking attendance is a breeze. Communicating with staff through the program is great. Also being able to mass email the classes is a great asset.

Cons

We find we have to enter notes twice when we update our wait list kids. When we are on the dashboard and click on our wait list box we are only given the option to update the child's notes and it would be great to click on the child and it take you directly to the parents page. Having notes in two spots can get a little crazy.
We have quite a few students who are from split households that split the tuition payments and both want to save a card on file to be drafted but we only have the option to save one card so each month we are trying to get in touch with the other parent to pay the tuition balance.
We may not have figured out how to do this but it would be nice program in gym closed dates like for certain holidays.

Jason
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Lots of Features, Easy to Use, Affordable Solution for Class Management

Our art & music studio has been using iClassPro since 2016. Before that we were using an in-house solution and were not able to offer online registration or mobile attendance tracking. After pricing and demoing different cloud based solutions, iClassPro was the most affordable choice. iClassPro has streamlined our administrative processes resulting in fewer hours spent by our staff completing registration, scheduling and payments tasks and has become an essential tool for our business.

Pros

Very easy to use. Online registration is simple and easy to use for customers. Integrated merchant gateway eliminates double entry errors. Mobile attendance app is amazing for tracking attendance for multiple instructors. Financial reports saves time and errors on accounting tasks.

Cons

In the beginning of using iClassPro there were a few features missing that required a work-around. Since then those features plus new features have been added through their continuous updates.

Amanda
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Always updating!

Overall iclasspro has been responsive and works to resolve issues, and make updates to keep their software upto date

Pros

iclasspro has made great strides in their software by making updates every month to ensure that they have functionality that is useful to the gymnastics industry.

Cons

I would like more reporting features to ensure that we can know WHO and what the customers enjoy

End user interaface
Celia

iClass Pro

Great customer service. I love how I'm able to call and get questions answered right away.

Pros

User friendly! The pages are easy to navigate and understand.

Cons

No real cons, I would just like to see a couple of things added. It would be helpful when you add a "new" family, the program recognizes that a phone number is already in use. We always ask if they have been here before and even though they said no, sometimes they have and they just forgot that they booked a party years back and they're already in the system! And maybe a flashing or a red colored alert if their are notes listed on the family page. Just need something eye-catching so the staff knows to look! Last would be the ability to swipe and save the credit card on customer billing side.

Brandee

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

Very user friendly & so versatile

I love that I can easily run autopay at once.

Pros

I love that IClassPro continually provides updates and makes improvements at no additional charge. No extra charges for additional students in your database either which is very nice.

Cons

Trying to set up special event registrations as a camp.

Reasons for Switching to iClassPro

I was told Iclass was more user friendly