IntakeQ Reviews

Visit Website

About IntakeQ

IntakeQ is an online forms intake platform designed to help healthcare professionals convert existing forms, manage client notes, send custom reminder messages and accept credit card payments. Key features include appointment...

4.8

Browse IntakeQ Reviews

Chuck
Chuck

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

We've been with these wonderful folks for several years. I can't imagine our company without...

Tremendous ease! I send out the forms and they get filled out. Not copying of forms. No storing of forms. No purchasing paper and toner. Fewer calls to the copier repair guy. They make my life better...

Pros

Initially found the customer service to be exceedingly prompt and abundantly proficient. They set up cost for the forms is more than reasonable and the monthly expense is such a bargain. I have never known their system to go down. Simple to get going and no maintenance. We keep finding new uses for them. It is so great to be able to email a link to the client. The client follows the link, fills out the form(s) and then submits. The forms are easily downloaded. Could not be more pleased. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Cons

Seriously, I have yet to find one. I truly wish my every interaction could be an interaction like I've had with IntakeQ!

Julie

Reviewed on 05/10/2023

The best EHR I have used in 30+ years in practice

When I first started using IntakeQ, I thought this software must have been written by a practitioner who actually does notes! All the other software I have used was slanted to the computer tech who wrote the program. Then, it all made sense when I found out about the suggestion to change or improve things from the practitioners actually using the software. Thank you for not only asking but for actually continually improving things to make it just that much better!

Pros

IntakeQ has actually allowed me to enjoy doing my patient notes! This has always been the worst part of practice - not anymore! I love the flexibility of making it "my own" with the flexible flows and processes. It truly is an all-in-one from the audio/video appointments, scheduling, appointment reminders, links to put on my website, and the connection to Fullscript, and it documents right in my notes. I love the voice-to-text feature as well. The ease of reading the notes and the professional look is amazing. The messaging is critical to me with the virtual practice and helps me stay connected with my patients.

Cons

Honestly I have not cons. After using so many other EHR's in the past, intakeQ is a homerun for me.

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

Patient Data Management Nightmare - Not HIPPA - CANNOT manage your patient data

Horrific. Caused more problems than it solved. Do NOT use to manage patient data, you will be sorry. You have been warned.

Pros

Was cheap and easy to use, but not worth the headache

Cons

Software uses patients first name and email address to identify them. This is NOT OK for medical patient identification. Unfortunately, the company said there is no way around it, and we cannot use "full name" and "birth date", which is common medical practice to identify patients. What's worse, if a patient makes an appointment with the same first name and email address (like a parent would do when registering their child that has mom or dad's first name, which is very common), the system thinks it is the parent being registered and will overwrite the parents' data. This is completely unusable, completely unthoughtful, and will cause you great stress in trying to (futiley) fix the data management nightmares that could easily be avoided by using name and birthdate. Tech support says there is no way around it and the system is hardcoded for this....completely useless! User beware!

Response from IntakeQ

Hi there,

Sorry to hear our system didn't work for your needs, we cannot cater to all situations unfortunately. I wanted to clear up a few things noted in this review.

We are fully HIPPA compliant.

You can most certainly manage your client data, each client has a profile where all of their information is stored. There are various lists, reports, and exports available as well.

The issue you noted about clients who have the same email address and first name does exist, as we use the email and first name as the primary client identifiers. Most using our platform don't have an issue with this, though some may.

Take care,

Ryan, IntakeQ Support Team Lead

Replied 10/09/2021

Top IntakeQ Alternatives

M. Victoria
M. Victoria

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Excellent product - highly recommend

Intake forms are a snap to create, change, edit and send to patients/clients - could NOT be easier. And their service of uploading and formatting for you is SO affordable and easy.

Pros

Easy layout, intuitive, simple with lots of options to do more complex work with it, constantly being upgraded and improved. Customer service is STUPENDOUS! They're fast, quick, kind, polite, thoughtful - really just top notch. Truly could not recommend more!

Cons

It would be cool if there was an app, but it's not a big deal to keep a direct link to the website on my phone - super simple and takes 2 seconds to access on the go

Kelly Elise
Kelly Elise

Reviewed on 04/11/2022

My Favorite EHR

Incredible! Such great customer service and an amazing product.

Pros

This EHR is so affordable for a group practice compared to others that I've used. The customization is incredible as well. While the front-end work is a lot, it is so worth it to set up your systems well.

Cons

I wish there was slightly more of an ability to customize insurance billing information.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

The best system to manage your Massage/Physio/Coaching business online!

I can manage the whole client booking experience in one place. The latest addition to automatic birthday email is incredible! And just love Client Portal, place where clients can check their appointments, packages, invoices, etc..

Pros

I love IntakeQ! Before I started with IntakeQ, I did a deep search and tried different systems for my Massage/Coaching business.

My main criteria were to go completely paperless and I was looking for a fully automatic way: Client book the session/ or I manually book a client; then the system will send the Intake form (You can even create your own Intake forms, with your own questions and is so easy!), Reminders (both email and SMS to choose), online booking. And after the session, I can easily update my clients details from my Ipad or phone (SOAP notes).

The most importantly, the IntakeQ team is so responsive and always helpful, I asked for a few updates, and these were implemented in no time! Thank you so much IntakeQ team!

Cons

None! The IntakeQ system is perfect! And the team is implementing new improvements on an ​ongoing basis.

Christina
Christina

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

THE BEST SOFTWARE EVER- I'm not kidding!!

Pros

I run a chiropractic practice and I have tried at least 3 other softwares to run my intakes and daily scheduling. IntakeQ has been the best BY FAR and all the other ones were at least $200-300/month so it is amazingly priced as well. I am impressed by all of the functions that IntakeQ can do and most importantly it is extremely reliable. I have never had an issue with appointment reminders or anything else crashing, everything always send out in a timely manner. I LOVE this software and recommend it to everyone because at the end of the day it makes my day a million times easier.

Cons

I haven't really found anything that I don't like.

Matthew
Matthew

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

IntakeQ is an incredible product

We are using Intake Q for our online medical forms, surveying our clients, and soon we will be adding another HR account to handle our HR needs and new employee forms.

Pros

From the moment we inquired about IntakeQ it was evident that the customer service was exceptional. They walked our team through the pros and cons of the platform and took time to make sure we understood how it worked, and what the specific application would be for our practice. What I appreciate most about support team is we asked them which plan would best suit our organization. It was refreshing to see someone who was 100% honest. They did not try to up-sell and said that the lower of the two plans would fit our organization perfectly.

Adding the forms was a breeze and it has been amazing for our office staff and the patients we see.

Cons

There is nothing that we are seeing as a con at the moment.

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Great for automating your PT practice all in one place

Patients love that all of my intake forms are online. They seemed to fill out more of the form and they are completed prior to their appointment. Therefore there is no time wasted when the patient is at the office. They can complete the forms at their own convenience which saves time for them and me.

Pros

I like the variety of features IntakeQ has to offer. I can produce invoices, super bills, schedule patients, send out intake forms and complete secure documentation all in one place for a relatively low cost. There are many more features that I have not started using yet but will in the future.

Cons

I was hoping the emailing feature would be more robust to be able to include more campaigns for things other than current patients. And the ease of use for emails is not as good as other features.

Lourdes
Lourdes

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

The program is working fantastic!!!

I am a therapist, this program has made my work easy as the forms are easy to edit and adapt according to the needs. Also, the scheduling and sending reminders is amazing.

Pros

easy to adapt forms, easy to find the information that you need in the client's file.

Cons

I would like that the software included billing .

Julio

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Makes Managing Inventories Easy

Overall, I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it.

Pros

My favorite thing about IntakeQ is how it organizes documents based on clients. When I send a form out, it comes back and drops it off in their patient file. I no longer have to download, look for the folder, save it, etc. When scrubbing through the client folders, everything is there.
I also really enjoy how I'm able to customize forms with fields, of all sorts.
The Customer Support is great.
Ease of Use and Flexibility.
I like the fact that there are updates and you could tell that the team is really working on a roadmap, and new features regularly roll-out.
Appointment Reminders w/ Text is Great.
Easy Notes, the easiest most streamlined way.

Cons

No Phone App.
Forms do not convert easily to Phone Versions for clients to complete.
The signature (hand drawn signature) is not smooth; and it looks like the brush is not well thought out. Needs some user-interface work.
I wish there were an easier way to message patients via a Phone App. I also wish that instead of a Bubble for messaging patients; it actually just stated, "Messages"
I would like to be able to map out the fields completed in an IntakeQ form field, so that the fields populate on top of a PDF or image, as specified by me. We use very specific PDF forms that we are required to use for contracting. It would reduce paperwork redundancy. I find myself sending forms out, getting them back, and then having to transcribe that information onto other forms. I wish I could just take that PDF form, upload it to IntakeQ, and have fields populate onto it based on responses from IntakeQ surveys, or IntakeQ notes. Not all of our patients manage an e-mail, and so, this has been a challenge with those patients to get them rolled onto IntakeQ.

Response from IntakeQ

Hi Julio,

Thanks so much for the positive review!

We have a feature that allows you to map form fields to patient notes. Our support at [email protected] will be happy to help you set this up.

Regarding patients who don't have an email, this article explains how to enable a setting that allows them to use a phone number instead: https://support.intakeq.com/article/149-choosing-the-login-method-for-your-public-forms

I hope this helps!

Replied 17/12/2018
Kelsey

Best Product for the Budget

I was happy that IntakeQ’s user friendliness in set-up was sufficient to allow immediate use, but we did take a significant amount of time getting all the forms we wanted to be electronically available.

Pros

IntakeQ does a fabulous job of working with integrations and not re-inventing the wheel so to speak. They are also cutting edge and effectively eliminate duplicate work. For instance, events on google calendar can be selected to appear in IntakeQ calendars and visits can appear on google calendar, while still remaining HIPAA compliant by labeling ‘busy.’ This is just one of numerous examples, but integrations with expert products supports the superiority of IntakeQ as an EMR.

Cons

While having setting near the functions that you want to change can be helpful, I think a single settings page might be beneficial to quick reference changes, rather than in each area. Think how iPhone manages individual app settings and subscriptions even.

Rebeca

Reviewed on 11/04/2023

Great product with potentiality for excellence

Functionality of the firms and charting is great. Client portal is excellent. Lacks employee management. Would be great if it had voice to text.

Pros

The customization of the forms is greater.

Cons

Customer service. Our personal experience is that it’s hit or miss.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

Still in free trial but struggling to commit because of one critical missing feature

I want to join IQ because of the robust nature of the platform and the support they offer, but there is one feature missing that is non-negotiable for me given the client populations I work with.

Pros

The customization and automation are both robust in this platform. There are multiple question types when creating new forms/templates. Almost every aspect of the platform is customizable to your needs and business. The support/help part of the website is also super helpful, and the facebook group is great for finding answers to questions that may be time-sensitive usually.

Cons

According to the facebook group for IntakeQ (this doesn't include any private requests for this), over 15 clinicians have requested the feature to be added where two people can have separate and independent access to the client portal of a client. For example, a minor client with separated/divorced parents who are high conflict -- this is the only feature preventing me from committing. I don't want to go back to another "simple" EHR but it seems to be one of the only platforms that offers this. It's pretty much the only feature missing from IQ.

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

FANTASTIC and WELL PRICED

Super easy and works fantastically for the most part

Pros

Easy to use and once its set up has completely automated my process and allows me to run a multimillion dollar busy practice alone

Cons

Some automations cant be turned off and e scripting is still a bit glitchy

Emily

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

The BEST way to automate my busy practice!

WOW! The ease of use is crazy simple....and if you get stuck-- if you send an email to support, you WILL hear back from a rep within the day, and I mean if you send it at 7pm you will get an email back at 8pm. yep even after hours. I secretly want to hire their staff because their customer service is top notch. But not only is the staff amazing, the product is THE BEST solution for my functional medicine practice. HIPAA compliant. Getting started with them-- they were able to convert my current forms into digital questions for a mere $9 or something like that. I would've wasted HOURS trying to figure that out. If you are considering intakeQ, look no further. I would do a video testimony for them because I have been so impressed. (and no I don't work for them)

Pros

-Ease of Use
-Ability to fit within my digital practice
-Staff
-Staff always coming up with solutions to my questions

Cons

-Wish there was a feature to have clients put things in chronological order like some other Functional Medicine Software companies.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Clean and simply designed intake and patient management platform

Using intakeQ as a patient interaction, eICF, and eCRF/ePRO platform for clinical trials. For simple trials with simple follow-ups that the coordinators don't mind setting up, this is an extremely budget-friendly way to obtain eICFs and some ePROs (less than a hundred dollars vs minimum $5k for HIPAA-compliant SurveyMonkey). You can configure roles to control access and security

Pros

Extremely affordable and extremely fast customer service while boasting HIPAA compliance, eSignatures, recurring forms and appointments, automated follow-up emails, and secure patient platform. Sending and re-sending forms is easy.

Cons

Cannot choose which variables to show as columns under Client list. Cannot calculate average scores from multiple questions. Cannot cause a notice to send to the site coordinators or doctors if a certain response is recorded. Cannot set up forms in a set schedule so that one form is sent after another at a certain time and then view this schedule (but that is fine as this was not designed for this). Lack of version control of forms.

• Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

IntakeQ improved client response time

For years we sent out questionnaires to learn about our clients via email with an attached PDF. It was not very user-friendly. The client had to either print it out and handwrite their answers or try to edit it digitally which often resulted in lost data. When we switched to IntakeQ it simplified the process for our clients and almost immediately, we noticed an increase in response time. IntakeQ is user-friendly, so even our older clients, who may not be as comfortable using a computer, seem to have an easy time filling out our survey. We switched over six months ago and will never go back to our old system.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create the intake form and how easy it is to edit it.

Cons

I have had clients complain that they lose their password, or they log it from a different link (because sometimes I send two or three emails before they respond) and then their data isn't there. It seems that if they type an email that has already been entered into the system that they should be prompted to re-enter a form they already started or prompted with a password reminder

Suzanne

IntakeQ

Support services are stellar!

Pros

Ease of making appointments, 24/7 access to client records, reminders before appointments, scheduling forms to be sent out before and after sessions

Cons

Can't search for a series of appointment availabilities; can't search on the number of missed sessions a client has had.

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

staff and patients love it! helps expedite our patient appointments and flow

see review - :)

Pros

I like that our patients can fill this out in the quietness of their homes, it helps my staff prepare for a busy day by entering the patient's information ahead of time, and patients tend to be more thorough with their answers if they have time to complete the questionnaires at home. IntakeQ is always adding new features which is great too. Not all of them apply to how we use the software, however, they are always innovating and improving.

Cons

I wish the forms integrated with our EMR (electronic medical records) software so we didn't have to manually enter the data - but the functions and ability to get the patient's information before they come in outweighs this obstacle.

Daphne
Daphne

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

Love the continuous updates!

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up fairly complicated intake form rules and booking settings. Digitizing our intake forms and booking in general has definitely streamlined both processes for our business.

Cons

Lack of family support - e.g. a parent booking appointments for multiple children has to use several different email addresses, and the profiles often fail to "link" properly so we're constantly merging client profiles. Lack of integration is a huge con for us - we have to update our EMR schedule with booking changes manually, payment info doesn't link to our billing vendor (our Google calendar does synch - hoping for more future integrations).

Joy

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

Love IntakeQ!

I use IntakeQ for scheduling, appointment reminders and new patient intake forms and consents. It has saved me so much time and helped to keep me better organized. It is so easy to use and very intuitive, and my patients all seem impressed by it. The customer service is also very receptive to suggestions and requests, which is reflected in the updates and new features. I don't use it for my documentation because it doesn't work for my needs, but that is an option for those who are looking for it.

Pros

Scheduling, ability to connect with my google calendar, appointment reminders, ease of creating forms, ease of sending out forms, notifications when forms are completed and returned, the dashboard.

Cons

The patient documentation portal and customization don't meet my needs. It would be nice to be able to have my documentation connected to my schedule, though.

Jessica

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Great management/time saving

Easy to send forms to clients and keep everything well organized and in order!

Pros

Love intake q. Love all the auto features plus if there is something you think that is needed the team is always open to suggestions and their support team is amazing! Makes day to day operations a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes with any software it has a mind of its own. But can figure out quickly.

mary

Reviewed on 17/07/2017

Great customer service! Great functions but wish I could receive faxes as well as send them.

Pros

The functions and convenience~ I really like being able to send my intake packet on-line. My clients love this also because they are used doing things on-line. It is so helpful because I usually get the packet completed and returned the same day I send. It allows me time to prepare for a new client. I like NOT having paper and instead of having a comprehensive electronic client file. The appointment reminder for a first appointment is wonderful!

Cons

Not user friendly and not very intuitive. Great customer service but I would like to be able to do things without having to contact customer service! I would like to be able to click on a current form to see out something was created so I could then do it myself on other forms . I find my self looking at a form that was done for me my customer service and wondering "Now how did they do that?"

I really dislike that I can send but not receive faxes -- how great would this be to receive a client fax and be able easily to attach it to that file! I would even pay extra for that function,

Jill

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Much better than Massage Book!

Pros

Integration with iCal and Google Calendar is great and very easy to set up. Love the online forms options and that they are automatically sent when a patient schedules, very easy and is saving me time in this aspect of the schedule/documentation flow.

Cons

I really would like if there was a way that you could "complete" a visit and have it change color when you either issue an invoice or finish a note. I really need another checks/balances system to remind me that I have finished a note.

The invoice/superbill is a bit cumbersome, but glad that I have the option of offering these as Massage Book did not allow me to do this. I am hoping that the more I do it the easier it will be, but as of right now it is NOT saving me any time.

I would like to be able to go directly from the patient's note to the "check out" screen where I can issue the invoice so I don't have to go back out to my schedule and click on the patient again. Again, just time consuming and a bit cumbersome - sometimes causing me to lose my train of thought.