Formstack Forms Reviews

4.1

4.1

About Formstack Forms

Formstack Forms is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses automate processes of creating digital forms and collecting data for surveys, leads, registrations, and more. Key features include data routing, file uploads, data...

3.8
3.7

Browse Formstack Forms Reviews

• Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

All the Basics You Need for Your Data Collection

Making the move from paper-based forms and needing to collect increasingly complex data, Formstack was able to meet and then exceed our expectations. The data export features were just what we needed at that time.

Pros

Formstack allows users to customize forms to meet their needs. It simplifies both the form design and the collections process. For form design, it offers an intuitive interface that is easy to get started with and includes many ways to control the behaviour of each section on the form. What we liked most about FormStack was the quality control features they had built in to make that forms were being used correctly. Submitted forms could either be approved or rejected before being added to the data pool.

Cons

We didn't have any paper-based issues with Formstack. Formatting the look of the forms themselves was a bit of a pain sometimes with limited options available in the interface.

Steven
Steven

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Favorite form provider!

Pros

Love Formstack! We switched from Wufoo and haven't looked back. While the investment was a bit steeper, it was worth it. The user-interface is extremely intuitive; multiple team members including myself were able to jump in right away with minimal orientation/training. We've had no issues with the service or support whatsoever.

Cons

If only to be nitpicky, canned reporting would be nice (conversions this month, conversions last week, etc.) rather than having to manually set the date range. Some sort of safeguard against bogus form completions (asdfasfj@asf;sdfsd.com) would be nice as well.

Response from Formstack

Hi Steven!

Thank you for taking the time to review Formstack! We are thrilled that you love our product!

We are continually updating our product and would love to hear from you with any ideas you have to improve the app. Please visit https://ideas.formstack.com.

Replied 20/11/2017
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Cancelled my account after 1 month -Most useless tech support of all time.

I missed numerous deadlines and opportunities to gain customers because I couldn't get these forms set up for the beginning of our school year (we're a music school and these were our registration forms). This has been my single worst customer service/support experience ever.

Pros

If it has worked, it would have been great that you can process credit cards right there in the form. It's also nice how you can save form sections, and there are many options for question/answer templates.

Cons

As soon as I started using Formstack, there was an issue with the payment processor integration where credit card transactions would not go through. I started out using Stripe, and when it didn't work, I contacted support, but none of their solutions fixed it, so I switched to Paypal. I then had the same issues with Paypal. I emailed back and forth with Support for a long time. They offered me the same 4 solutions repeatedly, all of which I tried. I explained to Support that these things weren't helping but it was as if they had amnesia and didn't remember they had already suggested the same things, which didn't work.

I sent a message to the Sales team instead to see if they could get me in touch with a different Support professional who knew how to fix this problem (no phone #s on website). Sales said they would escalate the issue. When I didn't hear back for a week, I emailed again asking to cancel my account, and the Sales person said they had emailed support and that "the issue is with your payment processor," which of course I already knew and was the reason for my message in the first place. They continued to insist that the issue was with Paypal. I talked to Paypal support and the problem was not on their end.

Many annoying issues with the form creation interface too- like to move questions you have to drag and drop by scrolling through the entire form. And the item/event purchase requires you to give the option of ordering more than one of each item.

Response from Formstack

Hi there,

We feel just awful that you had this experience. I sent your review over to our Director of Customer Care. She had a meeting with all of the support team leads to go over your experience. She said she would really like to chat with you, on a call, and give you two months for free if you'd be at all interested, just to ensure you can get up and running again. Her email is [email protected]. While we have won awards for our excellent customer support, your experience has pointed out some glaring issues we're taking care of immediately. We'd still love the chance to make this right for you, but understand if you're not interested. Either way, thank you for the review and helping us improve our customer support team!

Replied 14/09/2018

Top Formstack Forms Alternatives

Randall
Randall

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

Best and Easiest to use Form and registration service that I have ever used

I have used Formstack since the have begun and really have seen them go from a great product to and even greater product through the years. I always explain it to say it is like Google Docs on Steroids. User interface is great and the customer service has always been amazing. Rather than spending an hour googling some solution to a problem I am having with a form I can always contact them by email or phone and get a great response spoon.
The integration with third party services are great as well as the custom notification emails sent to attendees of events based on how they fill out their form.
I can't recommend them enough for people who are trying to do online registration with groups of people.

Pros

Ease of Use. Integrations of third party services, customer service

Cons

Really not much. Any time I have had a negative I have called and they have fixed or shown me what to do.

Response from Formstack

Thank you for the wonderful review and for being a loyal customer!

Replied 05/04/2017
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Formstack Review

Overall, Formstack gives me the ability to get responses from large groups of people in a seamless way.

Pros

What I like most about using this software is the ability to gather information digitally. You can send out a link to your form and multiple people can make responses. One of my favorite features of this software is the ability to extract the information as an excel. It give you information all the way down the the exact time that the person submitted their response to the form.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the inability to find certain settings. For example, it could be difficult to find out how to disable a form after a certain time or number of responses unless you already had knowledge of it.

Earle
Earle

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Uggh....

I wish I could tell a different story, but unfortunately,​ we had a terrible experience with the software and the "support" team.

Pros

It is completely web based. That is really the only good point about the solution.

Cons

Where do I begin? Our team who used this software constantly received Error: -1 (Submission could not be updated) when editing a form. This was our Care team and they were typing notes from a meeting, and this error would cause all the notes to be lost. We contacted support, and instead of being helpful, they blamed it on the browser (when we had tried all possible browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and even Edge) and were able to replicate the issue on all of them. Then support said it was our internet connection. After receiving this error, we performed speed tests and were getting higher performance than what our contract said we should get (well above the recommendations Formstack had). Then they said it was because we were using a VPN (which we were not). After all of this, the next person told us to try a different browser, then test internet speed, and then turn off VPN. This nightmare went on for weeks when we finally cut ties with them.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

uses form to trigger work flow for contract management process

Pros

the ease with which one can develop a robust form that is easy for use by end users and does not have to have further training to use

Cons

it lacks a certain level of malleability when it comes to the structure and what is standard offerings (ex: i need 5 columns and it only has 4, unable to edit email sent out to end users)

Zecharia

Reviewed on 17/07/2023

Formstack is good for companies that need to scale up forms and do complex things

Product is good, support 0/10.

Pros

Ability to iterate on form development was good.

Cons

Their customer support was terrible. They used some legacy scripting which cost us alot to mitigate even though I had asked them to updated their legacy script calls.

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Great tool, great customer support

Enabled us to capture information and have it automatically put into salesforce.com. The tool provided some features that we weren't able to get with just Salesforce such as attachment management (the ability to require attachments at various places in your form).

Pros

I used the FastForms version of this software. This software is fantastic for basic form needs that require salesforce integration. The software provides an easy to use form builder with a styling tool. Advanced customizations are possible with css and javascript.

Cons

Although it is great that we can customize with css and javascript it would be better if some basic things were included out of the box without requiring javascript or CSS. I'd like to see page specific styling and character counters as out of the box features that don't require custom CSS and javascript. However their customer support is fantastic and they went above and beyond to ensure that the customizations I needed were provided.

Response from Formstack

Thank you for taking the time to review our Formstack for Salesforce app. It is an awesome product!

We are continually updating our products, and would love to hear from you with any recommendations you may have. Please visit our ideas site at https://ideas.formtack.com and please define if your idea(s) are for the Formstack form builder or the Formstack for Salesforce app.

Replied 20/11/2017
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Great Choice

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone. This is very easy to use and it keeps my recruiting job easily.

Pros

Great choice especially for recruiter like me, where I can send forms to the candidates so that they can easily review the documents needed for their application.

Cons

So far, I did not encounter any problems with this software. It is a great help for recruiters like me.

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Glitchy, bad service, confusing!

I had a really stressful experience with Formstack. It has taken me over a month to create a form - that's not even finished. It glitches, it lags, there are technical difficulties even above their heads. Even though they in the end got on the phone with me, it took pushing and a lot of time that I did not have and then when it was created it still wasnt right. It is a never-ending battle and they have not offered to compensate $ wise which is unfortunate.

Pros

-It seems like a simple interface
-For simple forms it works fine
-It has many options and allows for all kinds of conditional logic
-It collaborates with many plug-ins and Google apps
-Customer service is kind

Cons

-There is no number to call for support
-Emails for support take 24 hours plus for a reply
-The logic if the form is complex gets super confusing
-If the form is too long it lags
-If you want to reorder the form it doesn't work properly - system glitches
-It is 20 bucks a month for the bronze program but for the amount of stress that goes into building one of these and the price you may as well do something more old school like a survey monkey
-I can't stress enough how aggravating it is to solve a tech problem with formstack, they are so slow and not always the most knowledgable although they are quite kind

Response from Formstack

Reviews left by our customers help us continue to improve our product and our customer support experience, so thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to hear that responses from support were delayed, but assure you we continually work towards expanding our customer resources, so accounts without priority support included can still solve problems quickly. In the future, please don't hesitate to search our vast support library here: https://help.formstack.com/hc/en-us or reach out to us on our social media profiles to help expedite the support process. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Thank you!

Replied 09/07/2019
Julie

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

Horrible Customer Service - or none at all

Horrible. If I could use the account, maybe I'd have a better experience. Even trying to get access was a challenge. If your company's grown over the past 2 years, perhaps it's time to hire more CSRs.

Pros

Lately, nothing. The forms are fine to create, drag and drop's fine, etc. But then there's limits on how many responses you can receive. If using this as an ongoing product, eventually you're going to reach that limit. How's one to know the quantity of responses they'll need for a recurring form?

Cons

There's no contact. I can't seem to get a single human to reply to multiple support and billing issues to the point that my account's now suspended. ZERO human reply. Automated replies with no actual help. I don't recommend them because if you can't get support when you need it, what's the point?

Kathryn

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Moving from Paper to Online Registration

Pros

We used Formstack as a first step of transition from having no online registration or information collection to accepting registration and payments online. I liked that it was fairly simple to create forms for information collection, but that information then had to be exported and transferred over to whatever system we used to store it.

Cons

While the basic drag and drop elements of the form were simple, it was not as straight forward to link it to payment software or collect payments. There were several instances where a box wasn't checked or the formula was not set up correctly by myself, another staff member, or volunteer and because of this payment didn't go through and had to be re-collected.

If you are a religious organization or non-profit, I would advise collecting information, registration, and payment through a database system or something that's more all encompassing rather than using

Robert

Reviewed on 08/03/2019

Forms made easy with Formstack

Pros

This web based form builder is more than that. It helps you create and collect information from forms that you customize. It also has various integrations that you can use to advance your forms the way it fits your organization. Super.

Cons

I did not have any big issues with using the web based form builder. Its simple and very easy to use. Literally drag and drop.

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Great tool for creating custom forms that can be used standalone or integrated into an...

Did not have to spend time developing forms, rather could iterate quickly trying to find the best UX to get data from our users.

Pros

There are a lot of field types that make it easy to construct complex forms and workflows. Add the automation options (webhooks etc) and the product becomes very powerful.

Cons

While we were able to integrate the product into our own software, we had to do some javascript magic to make it happen. If there was an easier way to include formstack forms into our custom software, the product would be near perfect.

Response from Formstack

We love to see happy clients and appreciate the great review. We do have webhooks and an API that may help moving forward. You can find that info here: https://www.formstack.com/features/webhooks-api. You can also reach out to our Support team at any time with any questions you may have.

If you should have any recommendations to improve our product, please don't hesitate to add them to our Ideas site: https://ideas.formstack.com.

Replied 14/03/2018
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 12/04/2020

Lots of Features

Great options for communicating with your survey users - you can set it so they are automatically emailed a response and also customize the landing page they are taken to after completing the survey.

Pros

There's a lot you can do with forms using this program. You can customize the URL of the form and easily embed it into other sites.

Cons

Sometimes when I duplicated forms, I noticed that the logic would get lost. This was frustrating as I would have to go through the form again to add the missing parts of the logic back. We also always had problems with people who saved their surveys being able to access them again.

Jonathan

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Formstack is an easy way to register gifts, registration, and other transactions.

We are accepting payments, gifts, and facilitating registration/ticketing with Formstack, and although it needs some work on the presentation aspect, it is a great and economical tool for nonprofits.

Pros

The simplicity of Formstack is its greatest benefit. It is extremely simple to set up, use (on the client-facing side), and receipt.

Cons

The additional functionality and presentation are absent with Formstack. We still use Formstack (and will probably continue to use it) because it doesn't have many problems, but from the client-facing side, the forms can look like they are from the early 2000's.

Bruce

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

Easy Custom Form Plug In

We truly haven't found any negatives with the software. It does exactly what we need it to do and we've yet to have any issues.

Pros

It is very intuitive to use and we were up and running in a day. We set up our first form and were able to review it with our team and implement it the next day.

Response from Formstack

We are thrilled that you love using Formstack! We've updated our product with lots of new add-ons, such as workflows (https://www.formstack.com/add-ons/workflows), so check out the Product section of our website to learn more about all of these great new features.

Replied 11/07/2017
mark
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

No better way to capture important data

Using Formstack has seamlessly allowed us to capture duch important information from new customers and staff members.

Pros

We use this product to have customers enroll and buy our product - simple, easy and clean way to capture all the important information and allow them to safely input credit card information for payment

Cons

I am concerned that Formstack is considering changing the way they permit the user to keep credit card information.

Fahad
Fahad
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 08/02/2023

Robust tool for Creating Surveys

Pros

Creating surveys and managing forms is really easy and streamlined compared to other competitors, and so is the overall design of the application

Cons

Exporting in different formats is not available, and management of all surveys could maybe be improved upon

Response from Formstack

Fahad,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. We're grateful for your honest feedback and we're glad you feel we're on the right track! I'll make sure to pass the feedback about survey management on to our Proudct team but in the meantime, I've provided a resource below to help troubleshoot exporting.

Have a great day!

Replied 20/02/2023

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

Great for creating pretty much anything!

Pros

This is a very user friendly way to create a variety of forms - from camp registrations to alumni gatherings to donation sites, this software can help you create pretty much all of it. It is very user friendly and the customer service is top notch with quick, same-day responses.

Cons

I want more - I wish there was even more customization available.

Response from Formstack

Thank you for leaving a great review! We always love hearing what our customers have to say!

Remember you can always make product recommendations here: https://ideas.formstack.com

Replied 24/01/2019
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

User friendly and makes beautiful forms

Pros

I love using formstack. It is extremely user friendly and easy to navigate and has tons of functionality, like signatures, credit cards, logic, etc. It can do a LOT.

Cons

I wish it integrated more easily with other software so that formstack data could go into different databases, etc.

Susanna
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

User friendly

Pros

Easy way to get feedback that is needed from customers. Very user friendly on the customer end. Seems like it’s the most commonly used.

Cons

Not much to say since not familiar with the admin/creator side.

Response from Formstack

Thank you, Susanna for taking the time to leave Formstack a great review!

Replied 28/11/2018
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Robust Form and Survey Platform

Very useful for collecting data for surveys, program registrations, and waivers.

Pros

It has many customizable question types and logic options for when to show a question or not. It is fairly easy to build your forms how you want and to view the submissions.

Cons

I wish there was a way to send forms/surveys through the program itself and not have to rely on your own mail server. Being able to send the survey multiple times only to those who have not completed the survey would be a huge plus. Increased logic options would be appreciated.

• Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 08/11/2017

Formstack Is the Most Effective Tool for Creating Digital Forms.

Pros

Formstack allows us to automate our workflows and collect data in an organized way. It saves us time by streamlining communication among team members. Our customer loyalty program relies on this software to engage members and increase brand recognition.

Cons

The dashboard is not as intuitive as it could be, and the navigation is somewhat cumbersome. There's not an easy way to connect Formstack data to our CRM platform.

Response from Formstack

Thank you for taking the time to review Formstack! We love hearing from satisfied customers! We are sorry to hear that you find the navigation cumbersome. We always welcome any ideas from our customers in our ideas portal which can be found here: https://ideas.formstack.com.

Without knowing which CRM you are using, you can always reach out to our excellent Support team if you should need some additional help by submitting a support ticket here: https://www.formstack.com/admin/user/login.

Replied 13/11/2017