About Acuity Scheduling

Squarespace Scheduling is a cloud-based appointment scheduling software solution that enables business owners to manage their appointments online. The product caters to the needs of small and midsize businesses as well as...

Browse Acuity Scheduling Reviews

5,416 of 5,416 reviews
Jeanette

Reviewed on 31/08/2022

Acuity Scheduling Is Simple, Affordable, and Great For Start-Ups or Basic Needs

Acuity Scheduling is an excellent and affordable option for basic needs and a start-up practice. It's primary focus seems to be around creating solutions for scheduling and calendar management. If you need more complex SOAP notes, you might need a more robust system.

Pros

Acuity Scheduling is easy peasy to customize to your brand and set up for calendar/scheduling needs. It offers 2-way integration with Google Calendar and integrates with Stripe for payment processing. Clients can schedule their own appointments or appointments can be created manually by the clinician. Session packages can be created as well as coupons and gift certificates.

Cons

Cumbersome SOAP Notes. Acuity Scheduling allows you to create basic SOAP notes. More complex SOAP notes with dropdown boxes and radio buttons are much more complicated and time-consuming because more complex templates are not available. This is ultimately why I left Acuity Scheduling. I needed a more robust EMR because of the nature of my practice with telehealth physical therapy, personal training, nutrition consultations, and wellness coaching.

Mindbody and ClinicSense

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

I needed online booking and online payments.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Acuity Scheduling was more affordable and user-friendly.
Christopher

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Endless Frustration with Customer Support

Pros

The ability to sync my massage appointments (calendar events) with third party calendars (such as iCloud) is a fantastic feature that I've relied heavily upon for the past year and a half. I started using Acuity back in June of 2021 (560 days ago, to be specific.) Up until two weeks ago, I've been able to view all client history using my iCloud calendar for the past year and a half (a full 545 days.) I'm currently able to view event history for only the past 185 days. This is a problem because I can no longer view client history beyond a six-month period. It's gone; no longer visible on my iCloud calendar. I've spent a significant amount of time explaining the issue (in a very detailed manner) to three different tech support representatives. This ordeal has been significantly time-consuming which has resulted in the past two weeks of my life being extremely frustrating for me (and I'm sure for the tech support team as well.) The final conclusion is that Acuity does not offer the ability to view history beyond 200 days. Despite the fact that I am 100% certain that this was not the case until just two weeks ago, it's taken tech support this long to provide that response and nobody is admitting that this policy is brand new.

Cons

I used to have the ability to view history for 560 days and now all of a sudden, they've restricted it to only 200 days of history. I'm attempting to operate my business blind-folded. It feels like a bit of bait-and-switch and though the support team has been friendly, I almost feel gaslighted as they still claim that nothing has changed on their end and that the 200 limit has been in place this entire time which is simply not true.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The confirmation and reminder emails sent from snapappointments.com were no longer being received by clients. This was a great system as a completely free product but when it came to reliability, it was clear that it was time to make a switch.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Ease of use, mobile capabilities, and versatility.
Tomas

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

A really good scheduling software

Pros

I adore how the platform integrates and offers appointment reminders. Clients may now easily access meeting-related links and reminders thanks to this. I also adore how payments and appointments are integrated.

Cons

Nothing about it has proven to be a disadvantage for me, and I haven't encountered any problems.

Top Acuity Scheduling Alternatives

Marie
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Acuity is the #1 tool a Coach needs

It handles all of the scheudling needs so we dont go back and forth with clients about booking appointments. It also integrates well with Stripe so we can use it for paid appointments. And because we can add forms, it can also add in intake and client onboarding processes as well. When I started my practice I asked other coaches what tools they were using and this was hands down the number one recommendation that I received and happily the platform has grown with my business over the years as well.

Pros

I like Acuity because it is easy to incrporate and maange multiple calendars at once whether fora solo practitioner o r for a multi practiitioner practice. We have been ablet o provide access to about 2 dozen different calendars usingthe tool and beign able to track all the appointmn types on the back end is great for our marketing intel as well.

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve in settin this up. It is not as intutive as other platforms I ahe seen but aI thin that comes with the robust features of the platform. Getting new contractors onboarded is somewhat challenge=ings as many folsk are not familiar with syncing their calendars this way or setting up time zones correctly which can cause problems when working with clients.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

More dynamic and features to take payment, integrate with my multiple Google calendars to make sure I wasn't double booking and the use of forms
Abolfazl
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 24/12/2022

Best scheduling software and website I know

Acuity Scheduling is a great and reasonable choice for fundamental requirements and a beginning up training. Its essential center is by all accounts around making answers for planning and scheduling the executives. In the event that you want more complicated Cleanser notes, you could require a more powerful framework.

Pros

Here we go! I love it. I use it for different stages, organizations, and reasons. Nothing beats how simple to alter their items. You can get the whole CSS shown for you prepared to change! I use them even considerably more than whatever they could be as CRM, as Updates, Email showcasing, and so forth. Substantially more than a bare planning stage. They are more significant than that trust me.

Cons

I will be fast about it. They WERE Perfect until they converged with the square gathering. Their help was amusing alongside expert and arrangement orientated. I don't know to say exactly the same thing any longer... They turned into a piece of a gigantic organization and lost that spirit I think... They used to offer granddad limits and they quit respecting individuals who are with them for a really long time.

Yakup
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Amazing Time-Saving Benefits of Acuity Scheduling

Overall my experience with Acuity Scheduling has been great - it's allowed me to streamline my workflows while still being able to offer an excellent customer service.

Pros

It has simplified my life! With its automated reminders and easy integration to calendars, I can manage multiple events with ease and on a timely manner. The design is very user friendly, making the whole experience extremely pleasant.

Cons

Although Acuity Scheduling is great for simple appointments, it's not ideal for complex cases that involve lots of customization or special requests. It's also a bit limited when it comes to advanced analytics and reporting tools.

Brandy
  • Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Love Acuity

Overall I am extremely satisfied with Acuity Scheduling. It made the pandemic easy and manageable for our company.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use. It made scheduling covid test drive through appointments easy and manageable with no contact. It also is easy to use on mobile devices, making it easily accessible even when not in office

Cons

Honestly there isnt much that I could say that I liked least of Acuity. The only thing I can think of is it has glitched once or twice but it was nothing major.

Steve

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

we love Acuity

We have been using it for over 5 years and have never had a major technical issue. It always runs and has never crashed on us.

Pros

Ease of set up, number of features and ability to connect with our payment system

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to get tech support especially since it was purchased by Squarespace

poonam

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Am tantalized with it's robustness with online booking of appointments.

Booking made simple through this software especially with appointments.Excellent customer service.

Pros

Exquisite for online booking of appointments.Easy to plan and schedule your time.Great and excellent customer service.

Cons

Reliable with scheduling for appointments with the team.Simplicity with use and efficiency with tracking of all your appointment.

kareem
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

Salvation

It's been a wonderful experience and want to continue using the software

Pros

I like the fact that it's makes scheduling easy and simple

Cons

I need them to improve on the user interface and make the software better

Jai

Reviewed on 30/10/2021

Minimal look and maximum features

Overall I love the functionality, design and integrations.
I appreciate the option to create unique and short URLs for my business' booking system and further unique URLs for different appointment types.

It doesn't matter if I am having a conversation on the phone, messages or email, I can send the link of a specific appointment type to the clients and let them pick a time convenient for them.
With other alternate software, it is hard to remember the URLs so AS is a clear winner.

Pros

I love the look. It's clean, sharp and very easy to sync with your branding.
I have been using it for over a year and never had any issue with it, notifications, email reminders for clients, syncing with different personal and work calendars, accepting payments for appointment bookings.

Cons

Lack of free version. Sometimes I wish they had a free version with reduced features for clients who need an online booking system but expect only 5 bookings per month. $14 is a bit too much for them so they usually go with Calendly.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

I love the minimal design of Acuity Scheduling to start with but after using it for over a year, and working with Calendly on behalf of my clients, I would suggest anyone to go for Acuity Scheduling if the booking system plays a substantial role in running your business and you can afford to spend a little extra as compared to other options.
Kate

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

WOW Acuity Scheduling increased My bookings By 80% in-the first week

Pros

I really love that myself and the client get an email to confirm the booking instantly, I love the color coding of my treatments in a glace, I know who has booked a massage and the length of time or if it's an energy healing or reflexology & my clients say its really easy to use.
Squarespace has been quite fast in getting back to me with any problems or queries and mostly provide a video on how to address any problems with step by step instructions which is super helpful by last website provider would take over a week to get back to me and want to charge me each time even when it was their mistake so Squarespace/ Scheduling service makes me extremely happy I feel they are supporting me in my business and understand the urgency of having a to fix any problems.
Great work Squarespace /Scheduling I appreciate the service you provide and am thrilled with my choice to use your platform and booking system.

Cons

I have only been using this for 6 days so the things I would add or change may already be a possibility and I just haven't had the time to work it out as yet
Firstly, the block time off is a bit too slow I just want to click block and then the space of time on the day I wish to block and it's done, it's really slow to have to click block and manually fill it out in the side panel
other booking systems aloud the way I wish it to be and it was much more proficient.
on three occasions this week clients have been able to usefully book a time that was already booked by another client and I have had to call and apologize and try to reschedule the last client that booked which is quite embarrassing and the clients don't understand how it's possible. also, I haven't worked out how my clients can book or chose from my two clinic locations I wonder if that's possible?

Monica
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Easily Fits Into My Solo Biz

Once I set up my questionnaire and determined my schedule and link name, it really was good to go. I've shared it with a variety of potential clients with no complaints so far as to issues using it. I look forward to getting to know the tool even better so I can hopefully streamline things even more. I believe it will integrate nicely with a WP site - according to my designer - so all the more reason to stick with this one.

Pros

The best thing about Acuity to me is how easy it is to incorporate into my business process. I can easily update my daily schedule before I share the scheduling link with a potential client. I was able to create a questionnaire used within Acuity, and I can just add the link to my site for people to use when they are ready to schedule a meeting. Plus I can customize the link with my business name. And that's just using the free version. I will upgrade when it's time and I anticipate it being even better when I do.

Cons

Because I am not yet using this daily, I don't have any complaints about this tool as of yet. There are all kinds of little things I'm not even using yet and the price is right even to just try out the other features. What's not to like?

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

This was the first one I came across where I could add my own questionnaire and it's really quick to update my schedule before sharing my link if I need to do so. I like things to be fun to use/look at, easy to use and easy to integrate with other tools I use, and this does not fail me so I'm not planning to switch, even after my business goes to a new level.
Josephine

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

Best alternative to Mindbody

I spent a month going through different software demos in the health and wellness sector. I knew I wanted to switch from Mindbody for my dance studio and wanted to find the best out of the dozens of registration software options there are in this sector. After much research and using the trial set up and function for my top options (Wellness Living and Amilia were the other possibles for me), I was very happily surprised to say with certainty that Acuity was the best fit for me and offered the best functionality. And better yet, it was by far the cheapest!

Pros

What I like best is the depth to which you can customize the user experience. Being able to easily change all the language clients see through the process really helps (especially since we're a bilingual school) and it's also the most mobile-friendly when it comes to functionality and design. Finally, having an app for both the admin and the user side will be a huge asset and I know the Zoom integration will save us a lot of time when it comes to managing invitations to our virtual classes.

Cons

I wish there was a way that clients could carry positive and negative balances on their accounts.

The Studio Director, SmartRec, Wellyx and WellnessLiving

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

More mobile friendly user experience, more features included in the base pricing option. More intuitive booking system for appointments on the client end. Felt like Mindbody were constantly trying to get me to upgrade my plan for very minor needs that I felt should be included in my expensive plan (like using promo codes and editing class categories).

Mindbody
Stavros
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Acuity Scheduling Is A Super Trifecta In The Appointment Scheduling Application Platform

My overall experience was outstanding. I cannot say anything negative about this platform as it really delivered all the bells and whistles that you want in an appointment scheduling application.

Pros

The top features for me were the ability to have a client make a "reservation, appointment, booking" that is dated more than 1 year from the current day. Many competitors have a restriction on future bookings which only allow you to make a booking within the next 365 days. In my industry, dealing with Weddings, future ability to make a reservation 2 or even 3 years from the current day is crucial.

The number 2 feature that I believe is underrated and is very important in many industries is the fact that appointment add-on's such as a time extension or a same-day rehearsal, Acuity was one of the only that took that specific booking and reflected that overall appointment time into my future availability. Not all applications factor in "add-on's" into the future appointment availability which can cause problems in servicing other clients who now have an opportunity to schedule the service even though you the provider might not be available. Another great feature is that Guests who pay for the service in full have the ability to give you a tip. (which is a rare feature among. these appointment application solutions.)

Cons

The only cons are that even their top tier level plans which go for approximately $45/ month still do not come with phone support. While setting up your account is quite streamlined and simple. I still have a personal opinion on those applications that cost a specific amount per month should provide phone support. I would like to note that their email support was on point and did respond better than some other competitors I have used in the past.

vcita

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The platform was not as user-friendly as you would want. The cost of simply book.me was even greater.

vcita

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

I chose Acuity because of the simple, user-friendly platform that the application is built on. It provided significant features that the competitors simply lacked. Acuity allows you to customize its platform without the application overtaking your website as Vcita does. Acuity gave someone like my business at Weddings a much more meaningful experience rather than some of the competitors. In my industry, my clients are not really going to be future clients so the features that some of the platforms advertise excessively simply do not affect me. With that said, if anyone is on the line of whether Acuity would fit their needs- do not think twice. Acuity is a thoroughbred in this appointment scheduling application platform.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 22/02/2020

Best Software Out There!!

Overall this has helped my business grow and profit and not have to have any office staff.

Pros

I absolutely love this software, it is so easy to use. Customers can schedule any appointment online and I can have it assigned to the technician of my choice automatically depending on the choice. Customers can cancel, and reschedule there appointments all through a link that is sent to them via text and email!! Doesn't get better than that, I don't even have a receptionist anymore.

Cons

I think the user interface and calendar could be a little more, modern. Feels a little old, pre Web 2.0

Jobber

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

You cannot customize the online scheduling at all. You cannot ask the customers custom questions or offer add-ons or coupons or anything of that sort.

Housecall Pro
Katie

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

It has exactly what I have been looking for

Acuity has given me so much time back, I'm no longer having to communicate with clients over phone, email, text, web message, Facebook message about classes that have disappeared.

Pros

I've finally found a booking and membership software platform that I can integrate into my website without the added stress of classes disappearing from the schedule or memberships being cancelled without so much as an email from the software provider.
I can create group classes, events, private sessions while offering my students the choice of memberships, class passes, gift vouchers as well as discount codes.
It's everything I've been looking for. It's a little more complicated to get started but once you get started it's easy.

Cons

It's a little bit complicated, maybe a few too many options but people like customisation so my cons maybe your pros 😊

Upvio, appointlet, Zen Planner, Timely, Mindbody, Schedulicity and SuperSaaS

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Their services were cheaper but the bookings platform has so many bugs, deleting classes from the schedule, rescheduling clients without their knowledge, customer service had me waiting weeks to rectifybthese problems only to continue to happen. Paid plans was ridiculous, a student would sign up for a 12 month membership only to have one payment fail and six automatically cancelled their membership without so much as trying again or contacting me or the client to tell me what had happened, I had to find out through my stripe dashboard while doing my accounting.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

1. Nailed my needs 2. Ability to book group classes, events, courses, privates 3. Membership and class pass packages 4. Value for money 5. Ability to create gift certificates and coupons 6. Reputation and referral
Maggie

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

Easy to use for business and customers

Acuity is perfect for organising my 1-2-2 personal training sessions. It enables time to be blocked off before and/or after a session as well as multiple calendars which I can use for mobile and studio thereby having different booking settings for each. The reminder emails and text messages mean that customers are much more likely to let me know if they’re not attending and overall prevent any issues with people not turning up for their session. The customer service is excellent.

Pros

Quick and easy to add a booking from the business end as well as customer end. The pricing tiers enable one to choose the best option meaning there’s no paying out for features that aren’t required. I particularly like the fact it sends out a reminder text message to customers which you can customise as you when you want them to receive it. I also like the way I’m able to add the number of rooms available in my facility and it will automatically ensure that these are not overbooked no matter how many coaches I have on the system.

For what it offers it is an excellent price.

Cons

I would prefer to use GoCardless as a payment processor and, as this is not an option, I use a different software for payments. The class booking could be better; again, I use a different system for this as I want to be able to add limits on to how far in advance a customer can book into a class and I want the class to show in my iCal regardless of whether someone is booked in or not, which at present it doesn’t.

• Industry: Photography
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

Pleasantly surprised

So far i'm quite happy with Acuity Scheduling. Even though there is the annoyance of the menu system, the features & level of customisation available outweigh this.

Pros

So far there's quite a lot to like about Acuity Scheduling. I like that I can have different appointment groups & types which I can customise with photos & text (inc T&C's etc.) as well as customise the calendar settings to only allow bookings at times that are convenient to me. I also like that I can hide certain appointment types so they are only visible to people I share the link with, this is especially useful for one off or promotional sessions. The integration with my external google calendar is also a great feature & something which was lacking from other scheduling tools I've tried. The option to take online payments is also a good feature, and something which i'm sure will really help to streamline my booking process. There are also many options for integrating with external apps such as quick books, facebook, active campaign etc. which i'm yet to fully explore but I'm sure will be useful to me and improve the efficiency of my booking process.

Cons

The only issue I have is that the user interface could be improved. As i'm still fairly new to this software, I find when i click on a link to make changes (for example 'Availability') and it's not actually the menu I want, I have to go all the way back to the home screen to then search through the respective menus to find what I want. This becomes annoying if you go through this process several times to find what you'r after, and it could be improved by either adding drop down menus, or at least leaving the entire navigation menu visible in each section.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

I've been looking at ways to improve & streamline my booking process & started off looking at the free tool within facebook. It didn't take long to become very very annoyed with the facebook tool as it would not properly integrate with my google calendar (so it was essentially pointless). The functionality & ability to customise was also poor. I also looked at other free tools, such as google forms but again they lacked the level of functionality tor really give me any kind of improvement. As the free tools didn't really cut it for me, i started looking elsewhere and compared Acuity with a couple of other paid options (such as office 365). What swung it for me was the level of customisation & available features when compared to others.
Christy

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

Great Scheduling Software Highly Recommend

It has many features and has met my needs without any hassels and is at a price that a small start up business can afford.

Pros

I love the ease of use and cost effectiveness of Acuity. Even in the free version they offer most of the options that someone would need. I upgraded to the paid feature to be able to accept payments when someone books. This saves me yet another step and lets me know that someone is serious if they are willing to pay at the time of booking. I had used Calendly for several months at the prompting of a business mentor before switching to Acuity. I was having my calendar constantly reset with my times wide open for people to schedule. If I did not check it every morning I ran the risk of someone booking an appointment during a time that I was not available. This is not only embarrassing but very unprofessional! I have not had this happen even once since using Acuity. I also use the notes feature during my discovery session I have all of the questions there that I typically ask and can record their replies.

Cons

Honestly I have not found one thing that i have not liked abut this software. It has allowed me to do much more that I was expecting.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

My calendar availability kept being reset to wide open availability and people were able to book at times that I was not available.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

It was priced well and had all of the features that I needed and also had great customer reviews.
Debbie
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Acuity: A near-perfect scheduling solution for this piano teacher

I have really liked Acuity! Their branding is fun! Customer Support is really good, for the very few times I've needed help. Support videos and tutorials are excellent. Overall, it's a great program that is priced very fairly and has freed up a significant amount of time as administrator.

Pros

What I absolutely LOVE about Acuity is the ability to set up my piano lesson days and times, give my piano parents a link, and then they can sign up for their own lessons! With the email reminders (also an awesome feature to reduce no-shows), they can also easily reschedule a lesson if they need to. This saves me COUNTLESS hours! No need to do the "back and forth" texting and emails to settle on a different lesson time...parents can do it all themselves. Win for them and an even bigger win for me!

Cons

The one feature I wish Acuity had is the ability to hover over a lesson time on the calendar and see a list of names of the students who will be in that lesson. The calendar does show how many are signed up (in the form of a fraction...sign-ups/total number the lesson will hold...3/5, for example) but I really would like to hover and see the names. I also wish there was an easier way to bulk delete a lesson time. Say I decide to discontinue offering lessons on Monday afternoons at 2pm. I have to go in and scroll down a long list of lessons, looking for that specific lesson, check-marking the box next to each one, then delete. Seems like there should be a "delete just this lesson or all future lessons?" option. But this isn't really THAT big a deal. Just an annoyance that will take 10 minutes (instead of 10 seconds.)

Jeff
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Too much of my time spent trying to manage appointments

While many things can be done with the software they provide, it's not too often done easily or intuitively.

Need help? Their expectation is that you hire a freelancer to figure out the work-around.

I found it to be too much of a "time suck" for the price. I need something that works, works like my business works, and that can be used efficiently.

Pros

The software met my initial needs well and if you have a simple organization or your business model is completely in line with the way the developers think you should run your business, then this will be a good fit for you.

The reminders by email and text have been extremely reliable and effective at keeping no-shows to a minimum. The admin interface is easy to read at the start of the day and some of the functionalities on the calendar admin page are very convenient.

Cons

Being able to figure out where to find settings on the admin side can often become an elaborate project. Coupons need to be managed in two different places, figuring out where to set your business hours can be a hunting trip through the menus, getting a new client "on board" with their own account to edit or cancel their own appointments has been a laborious task that is not at all intuitive. I came very close to losing clients over their frustration in trying to figure out the startup process.

One of the weakest points in this software is the fact that there is no "customer facing" help. The only online help from Acuity is available to the Admin, and written for the Admin. If any help is to be presented to my customers, it's my job to write it. Sorry - writing a help system for 3rd party software that I pay to use is not what I consider a good use of my time.

The reason I'm leaving Acuity after years of trying to make this software perform as I need is the fact that "Help is just days away!" That's right, no live help. Email only and if someone comes to me with a question I can not answer or a problem that I can't figure out how to resolve on a Friday afternoon ... it's still going to be a problem through the weekend - likely until Tuesday. Email only. No chat, no phone.

john
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

Not often I can give a 5 Star review

To be honest I was just expecting another calendar booking system. I say another because there are hundreds if not thousands and I have used quite a lot including some custom made ones written for me.
The problem with many booking systems is they all seem to be specific for certain markets such as room bookings systems and it will have an ugly interface for the customer or ceratin features will be missing.

With Acuity Scheduling I was pleasently suprised, First of all the customer screen looks professional and not over busy and confusing. Customer simply selects the product, Date and time slot. Once they are happy they make the booking and you can even request payment there and then. Awsome..
You can setup discounts, coupons and voucher codes, Allow customers to cancel, reschedule the appointments leaving you to do what you do best and not worry about any admin.

For me as a photographer, I finaly found something that works for me, is fast, looks good and offers so many custom options.

Pros

Integration with other apps and to your own existing website
Synchronization with the Facebook calendar and google etc.
Very feature-rich and easy to customize.
being able to set time aside before and or after bookings allow me to prepare for my next session.
Everything is self-serviceable for the client, from selecting the product, finding a date and time slot and making payment.

Cons

OK... So I am going to be very picky here, Very very picky. When creating an event or editing an event or making any type of change you have to find the save button, often right at the bottom of the page, now that may not be a problem for some, but often it is easily missed and you may think the change has been auto saved when it fact it has not and you may have just lost everything.
An autosave feature upon any change is any part of a form is filled in would be awsome.

When creating an event and setting the duration of the event, you have to input how many minutes it is.
Why not enable selecting hours and minutes? I do not want to work out how many minutes a 5 1/2 hr session is going to take. Likewise, what if a session takes up the whole day? just give me the option to choose the whole day.

Zach

Reviewed on 08/04/2019

Great Calendaring Software for Teams

Overall, our experience has been great. The customer support has been top notch, there are integrations to most of the apps we use, and this seriously probably saves us 4-8 hours per week.

Pros

We have 6 different team members. Most of the time, 2 or more team members will be involved with a client at a time. Before we were trying to juggle times back and forth on Outlook using scheduling assistant, which doesn't work if the client is not within your outlook network, which they never are.

Also, we used to send a long list of meeting times out when someone would request an appointment. We would wait until we had a handful of appointment requests before sending them out because it was so labor intensive to do so.

Our reminders have never been more helpful to our clients nor more consistent.

Cons

We have run across some training hurdles, especially when using "blocked" times vs appointments. For one, blocked times do not actually transfer to our calendars on Outlook. Also, if someone has multiple calendars, for instance we usually have 2 team members in every meeting, and the team pairing is not always the same, then we have to remember to block off time on every calendar that team member is associated with.

Also, I still do not know exactly how the locations function works. We have 3 different offices and lets just say we've manually changed our reminders to spell out the address and have different appointment types titled with the correct location.

Lastly, our team has found the mobile app to be inconsistent at best. We have used both the Android and iOS version of the application and feel like we cannot rely on the information we see within the app. Appointments on the same calendar always work, but when you have an appointment on one calendar that also blocks off time on other calendars, the reliability has been spotty and multiple times we have had to go back to our clients and request a new meeting time.

Grace

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Most flexibility/features, without compromising the simplicity of scheduling for clients.

Pros

On the hunt for a 'good' scheduling software I tried out many free trials, and among those Acuity stood out. Acuity seemed to be the only software I could find that allowed me to customize different appointment types to my needs, without compromising the ease of use for my clients (e.g., simplicity and ease of use). I was able customize my automated reminders/confirmation emails AND text messages for each appointment type which was not available with all softwares (text message reminders, personally, has greatly decreased 'no shows'). The confirmation emails and reminders also have a re-scheduling button, which helped the hassle of dealing with rescheduling emails. Another selling point was the ability to sync Acuity to google calendar. On the user side, this allowed me to set availability based on my google calendar availability, and also see my appointment in google calendar. For clients, there confirmation email allowed them to add their appointment to google calendar. In summer here are other reasons why I chose Acuity: client scheduling is ascetically pleasing and super simple, ability to create multiple different appointment types with different features (e.g., intake forms, availability, duration, reminders ect.). This review is based of the feature I needed from Acuity, although Acuity has other really great features I plan on someday taking advantage of such as Rooms and Resources---great aspect to the software.

Cons

The overall con of the software is I found there to be a slight learning curve. Personally, I would say I am pretty tech-savvy and have some programming experience, so scheduling software should be pretty straight forward. However, I did run in to some trouble when creating appointments. Here are some examples: there seems to be a couple ways to set a particular setting such as the start time of the appointment and the amount of clients who can schedule the same appointment--both can be set in the calendar availability and specific appointment type availability (wonder which setting overrides the other??), still have not figured out how to have different appointment types on the same calendar with the same availability that CAN BE be scheduled at the same time without being considered 'over-booking' (solved this by adding appointment types to different calendars in Acuity), customer support pages videos seemed to be based on a later version of the Acuity so are not very helpful. I also have a suggestion based on the intake forms--The forms are useful, and a good feature but it would be nice if the form included some display logic like other survey platforms. For example, I ask clients if they would like to receive cash or gift card compensation. If the participant chooses gift card I would like another question to display that asks if they would like a gift card for amazon or wawa.